Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Fishing for Friends | RTL Dominion of Kabal

Voice of the Outer Rim

V

fv3qj5G.png

lf6czeQ.png

Drawn in by the growing prosperity of the Rimward Trade League, the leaders of the planet of Kabal have held multiple rounds of discussion with their people and there is a general interest in joining the Rimward Trade League.

As one of the worlds on the Little Minos Run, it is a critical stop on the convoy run branching off from the Sanrafsix Corridor, meaning there are significant options for increasing intersystem trade and commerce and tying the Little Minos in with the other trade routes that make up the heart of the League.

The leaders of Kabal have officially invited the Rimward Trade League to begin discussions of signing the League Charter, along with any League merchants, traders, and citizens who might wish to visit the beautiful world and establish connections of their own. As the sages say, all life is connected- so what better way to start a new relationship in the League by building connections between people, and not just between governments?

iEbeozl.png

In the seaside town of Palisade, local fishermen gather for a traditional fishing tournament to celebrate the town's history. According to Kabalian legend, a massive catch from days gone by still swims off the coast. Every year, anglers from all over the system compete to catch this mighty fish - or something even bigger. Red scales, sharp teeth, and steaks big enough to feed a family are all the allure prospective piscators need to cast their rods.

As Kabalians and outsiders alike come to join the festivities, the locals of Palisade prepare for their guests. Magnificent banners and pennants drape over the streets, woven with deep cerulean and scarlet thread that depicts the visage of the legendary fish for which the tournament is held. Food carts and trinketeers on every corner eagerly share their local customs with the travelers.

Palisade's Alderman, a jovial Squib by the name of Pontaar, offers his warmest welcomes to all who visit his proud community. And to the victor of the Palisade Fishing Tourney, a grand prize of 1000 Talons and all the local seafood you can eat.

hXj9eXR.png

While Palisade and other coastal settlements bustle with excitement over the local fishing tournament, energies in the Kabalian capital of Shoribus are buzzing over the prospects of a new trade agreement with the League.

With the threat of local slavers pacified, other worlds along the Sanrafsix have come to join the League. Kabal's leadership is keen on doing the same. Endorsed by the Premiere, the Kabalians seek to enter a trade deal that will connect their system to the rest of the Corridor, and the Trade League to the lucrative Little Minos Run. Much of the underlying work has been negotiated between both sides, leaving final arrangements to be made face-to-face on Kabal.

And what better way to shore up the details than over drinks at The Little Minnows?

d7zwsVW.png

From its coastal towns to the forested mainland, Kabal is a diverse world with a long history spanning back to the Clone Wars. Kabal stands as a strategic transverse on the crossroads of the Sanrafsix Corridor and the Little Minos Run, two well-traveled trade routes that have shaped the planet's impressive mercantile exchange for centuries.

Fortune favors the bold, and bold are those who make their own way. Feel free to explore the infinite possibilities Kabal has to offer.

lf6czeQ.png

Anyone writing on Objective I: Fish Stories is welcome to participate in the fishing tournament for prizes! For each post you write, you may roll 1d6 to determine the size of your catch. The bigger the fish, the more points you earn. The writer with the most points by 6/15 is the winner!

the GRAND PRIZE is ...

Untitled-design-2.png
+
New-Rank-Tag-PSDSpookie.png

- - - Be sure to tag Voice of the Outer Rim in your roll posts - - -​

Below, you'll see the breakdown of rolls and points earned. Once the tournament is underway, writers' scores will be displayed here as well.
Roll Results​
Points Earned​

1-2​
1​
3-4​
2​
5-6​
3​

Participants​
Points​
Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher 1+2+2
Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural 3+3
Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl 3
Xam Jubb Xam Jubb 2+3

Last edited by a moderator:

iEbeozl.png

RTL_Sig.png
Corbin gripped the fishing pole in his right hand, his left hand letting out just enough line. He could feel nobody was close to him, so he knew it was safe to cast. He flicked the, whipping the hooked line through the air. One last flick of the wrist sent the lure flying forward, giving a satisfying plop as it hit the water.
Having grown up just outside the seaport of Yumfla, Corbin had spent some time fishing with his father and his friends. He was no expert fisherman, but he at least had some experience. With his natural Force Sight, he could actually see, more or less, where fish were in the water, but he was deliberately not relying on that. He would in no way give himself an unfair advantage. He was here to enjoy some fishing and spend time with the locals, showing them that the League appreciated the same things they did. He had no concern for winning, especially in a dishonest manner.
Looking up to the sky, he twitched the pole, causing the lure to skip across the water like an insect.
It didn't take very long for something to tug on his line. He let the line out, letting the fish think it had itself a meal. Then he suddenly yanked on the line, catching the fish off-guard. Now the battle was on. He slowly reeled in, occasionally letting the line back out, wearing down the fish. No need to wear himself out trying to muscle the fish to the bank or risk snapping the line. He hauled out his first catch, with a few curious onlookers giving him a small round of applause. All in all, it was a great start to the day.

2oBcVl1.png

Objective: Catch fish
Tags: Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Untitled614_20230531071122.png

Rhiza looked out across the beautiful blue water of this beach resort, she loved feeling the warmth of the sun on her coppery zygerrian skin. She was wearing an elaborate bikini that emphasised her beautiful figure, not exactly the classic fishing outfit, but the sunshine was glorious and too good to miss up. The woman reached down and adjusted a couple of the straps as she walked. She had set up her fishing gear earlier, fishing was kind of fun, a relaxing break from combat and all the stresses involved in that. But really she was here for the sunshine and the sea air. The bikini clad jedi master walked out into the breakwater and placed her cooler down before casting her line into the waves. She looked around her, there was a few other fishing here including Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher , a Jensaari league member. "Hey Vasher! How are they biting?" she saw his rod twitch as she spoke to him and let him focus on that. "May the force be with you, but not too much hey, gotta give the locals a chance." she laughed and returned to her own fishing.

As she waited her eyes scanned further down the beach and out to the sea looking to see if she could see anyone surfing. Elias Edo Elias Edo had told her he was going surfing, part of her wished she was watching that, but she didn't surf, and, as good as the guy looked in a pair of board shorts, she wouldn't relegate herself to the role of cheer leader. Maybe one day she would get him to teach her to surf.

Rhiza daydreamed as the spray cooled her and she felt small fish swimming around her feet, it was all very soothing. Her hands tightened around her fishing rod just as it began to pull against her. Her well honed muscles flexed as she began to reel the fish in towards her, it was putting up a little fight, she was tempted to just reach out and use telekinesis to bring it in, but that would certainly be cheating. The fish came closer to her and she could see its mercurial scales flickering in the sunlight, her feline teeth were bared now and her abs flexed as she made the final pull to get the fish out of the water. She held it aloft and looked over at Corbin who was doing likewise. "Well done young master, but I think mine is bigger." she blew a teasing kiss at the man, her playfully competitive streak was on display for all to see.

Hector Vrenth

H

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Open

hXj9eXR.png

The politics and preparation that leads to the celebration in Kabal has been a thorn on my side for the past months. I couldn't care less if the planet ended up joining the League, but my mom has been unusually interested. I reckon she is either worried or intrigued by the prospect of joining the League. Our home planet, Melida/Daan, is pretty close to the League's space after all. As a part of Melidan House of Lords, she has influence over how it would go. She hasn't shown any indication of which side she is leaning on, however. Typical mom, always trying to play both sides and keep her options open.

So here I am, today, in The Little Minnows. The leadership of both the League and Kabal government are gathered here for diplomatic drinks. Honestly, I don't care and I didn't even want to join. Sure, I know some people on the government's side. My mom has political connections to some of them. But it's so boring. Diplomatic flirts and ass-kissing competition. I want to be outside, you know? They said there's a fishing competition in the Palisade and I would much rather be there. I know I can wipe the floor on anyone who even dares and catch the biggest fish of the day. Yet, mom insisted, she even threatened to cut off not only my allowance, but also Hipece's. What a manipulative sleemo, she knows I wouldn't dare to risk Hipece's livelihood. She would suffer in Naboo without the money.

So, I am here unwillingly today. I approached the premiere, just giving my mom's greetings and some courtesy. This is so boring, hopefully there are interesting people coming from the League. Well, for now I'll just get a cup of champagne and see how are things' going.

Last edited by a moderator:
hXj9eXR.png

Hector Vrenth

Kabal was a pleasant change of pace from the recent developments of Outer Rim politics. No crises to solve. No multilayered schemes of strategy and deception with tens of thousands of lives hanging on the outcome.

She stepped into the Little Minnows and felt some of the tension in her shoulders release. The air was warm with the familiar smell of salt lingering in the air from the tropical atmosphere. Oceanic worlds were some of her favorite, although even Susefvi's oceans barely qualified as an ocean rather than a sea. It was one of the challenges of living on moons.

Kabal's Premiere was there, greeting several of the local notables and some of the other people who were already in the Little Minnows. The pun was something she appreciated as well. The Little Minos Run was one of the unusual trade routes that was not a hyperlane. It used sublight convoys to haul cargo between the worlds. Hyperlane trade routes were charted, not built, but it was a long process. Small and independent systems rarely had the resources to chart new hyperlanes.

But the League did. More specifically, the Outer Rim Development Corps did, as well as the countless independent scouts and small cartography companies that filled the Rim, especially in light of the increased commerce brought by the League.

"Good to see you all," Mya said, taking a glass of whiskey from the bar and raising it in a salute before turning a chair around and dropping into it. "I'm Mya Jesel, currently the chair of the Rimward Trade League Council, formerly president of the Suarbi System Republic. I'm delighted you all have come to see and talk to us about the potentiality of signing the Charter and joining the League."

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

iEbeozl.png

Equipment: Outfit, Left Ear
Weapons: Lossa's Lightsaber
Ship: Skiptown, with 'Skid'
Tags: Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural
holicslastbreath.gif

She'd finished up seeing about the connections for trade the planet would offer. Offloading cargo and finding new lanes to burn down a far easier feat with the options available with Kabal as a jump point. More lanes, more credits, or appropriate choice of tender, and more fun.

Or maintenance fees.

The idea of any more maintenance downtime was what had her hitting the beach after confirming a future job had been lined up. Being informed that she'd run the engines a bit too hot to get here in time, and that cleaning the radiation build up in the collectors an all day task with how permeated they were.

A minor detail given the warm greeting of the locals. And while leary, even the Mayor got an appreciative wave as she setup on the beach.

She wasn't planning on doing anything more than enjoying the sounds and feeling of nature, but ended up carrying a fishing pole down with her. The fishing pole in contest with her wide brimmed hat as she tried to set up her chair. Earning a few freely given sidelong stares from those plainly not from around.

Or maybe just more dedicated fisherman than she. Something she didn't concern herself with. Finding a decently shaped stick with a two pronged fork, burying it in the ground and giving in to temptation. She baited the hook and pondered casting.

Did she really want to join in the fishing event? Money was money in the end, and a free buffet usually made her cautious depending on the planet. But proximity to the sea guaranteed fresh food. And even if she didn't win, she got to enjoy not being cramped in her ship.

"Ah feth it." A deep sigh as she glared at the rod before glancing back to the water. Making a slow overhead whirl of the pole in time with the twisting of her hips, and using momentum from the motion to sling the line away.

Nearly losing the rod as she took a few hopping steps to recover from the speed of her twist. A few impressed faces and silent claps from the assembled bodies down the line making her wonder how far everyone had cast their lines as she settled into her chair.

A familiar voice over the lapping waves making her pull the brim of her hat over her eyes and squint to see Rhiza in competition with someone else. An amused shake of her head as she glanced down to the pole before glancing back and forth.

Was she doing this wrong?

2UT5QVI.png

iEbeozl.png
SullustanTourist.jpg

Finally. A vacation. Xam leaned back further on the deck of the hydrofoil boat as it bobbed gently in the waves. The sun beat down on his face and he closed his eyes, letting the fishing pole rest lazily in his palms. One of the Jedi spoke and Xam sat up, one eye open in disapproval.

"Just because it's a fishing competition doesn't mean you all have to make it competitive." He jerked one thumb up toward the sky. "It's nice enough to be on a planet with a breathable atmosphere, fully functional infrastructure, no dirtbags trying to drop warships on my head."

He waved one hand idly and dipped a foot in the water with a sigh, having up a midsize fish and placing it in a bucket of saltwater. "Excellent... our first catch of the day."

Now he was not at all confident how this was going to go, and his free hand gripped the side of the hydrofoil with a bone-crushing grip. Sullustans were meant to live underground, not on top of water. Could Sullustans even float? Xam wasn't entirely sure.

iEbeozl.png

Objective: FISHING!
Equipment: Fishing Gear, Camping Gear
Tags: Open

lf6czeQ.png

UbaIV’s weather had been less predictable than usual, the Cyclone Season had lengthened and significantly worse, and he was told to stay away because this one was the worst, and The Venomoth could crash if he tried to land or enter the atmosphere. He couldn’t be there for his sole surviving sister’s birthday. Which infuriated him, but safety always came first.

Cyclone Victini it was called, he didn't care what they called it, they can call it Cyclone Pilchard for all he cared. He knew the Postal Network will be lost for months and he'll have to give her the present next birthday.

Tovald decided to take this time to go on a solo fishing trip with his menagerie instead. He did have all the gear, even the hat with fishing lures stuck in it, it's been in the family peck for at least 300 years. He couldn’t wear it, of course, wrong atmosphere mix.

His hair had grown back, and the regrowth was short and downy but noticeable he knew Alopecia Universalis was permanent but sometimes it does grow back, it will fall out again and he knows this. So he'll enjoy it while it lasted.

Settling into his spot, he set up his rod, gave it a lure and fish edible and set it to cast., the first few tries yielded a boot, a drain cover and an old shopping trolley. He expected as much as he didn't come here hoping for a fishy windfall.

<"Who dumps a big-end Speeder piston in here, or a trolley, a drain lid or boots?!"> Tovald grumped as he recast his line. People can sure be bugs of litter.

All he can do is wait for a bite.

fv3qj5G.png

FISH STORIES + BYOO
Copy_of_Copy_of_Untitled_Design_2.png

[ post theme ]​
MEZHRA STATION
ORBIT OF CLAK'DOR VII

The Bith were one of the ancient races.

The station was possibly older than humanity, maintained and updated but an impressive archaeological relic nonetheless. With their innate understanding of mathematics, acute awareness of harmonics, and fastidious adherence to computerization, the station in orbit of their homeworld was as beautiful as it was alien. Its organization perfectly logical, yet composed of abstract forms that made walking through it an experience unlike any other.

Sound propagated perfectly, almost as if it had been designed as a concert hall rather than a station. High traffic areas tailored to minimize echo, whereas antechambers allowed a speaker to address large groups without any need for amplification. It was as if one were walking through music in physical form.

Even with his complex droid brain, it would take his logic processors a significant amount of time to evaluate and extrapolate the precise mechanics and logic behind the Bith engineering.

He was not an architectural droid. Such appreciation was not part of his programming, and yet there was something so beautifully logical about the station's design that it piqued a curiosity within his spatial cognition circuit that he was not previously aware of.

Unfortunately, that was time that the small droid did not have. As a happy coincidence of their reliance on computers in their culture, it seemed the Bith were one of the frustratingly few races willing to commission a droid who was a free agent.

In a galaxy that viewed artificial life as property rather than people, it was hard for a freelancing droid to find work.

Well, that wasn't entirely correct. The galaxy was quite happy to assign all manner of tedious work to droids. They just didn't want to compensate said droids for that work. And quite a substantial population of the galaxy writ large even balked at the idea. Unless, of course, they were asked to compensate the droid's owner for said labor. Then somehow this was normal.

So it was okay to pay the slave owner, but not the slave.

And somehow people were willfully blind to the inherent hypocrisy. Some people, anyway. If the Bith were not those people, then he'd be glad for the work.

It was also nice to be visiting a major capital, not some backwater shadowport. Instead of trying to find client's in some back room deal of a cantina that was more of a spittoon, this was a proper business center.

Say what you will about organics -- and droids had a lot to say about organics -- but the Rimward Trade League's recognition of droid rights had allowed the diminutive automaton to have something that he never thought that he would.

His own identicard.

To humans, it probably seemed a trivial thing. He doubted they even thought twice about it. But a droid's existence was about ownership, not agency. Their identity was always cast by who had created them, or sold them, or owned them. He doubted the Crymorah even knew his designation, they likely referred to him as Quest's droid.

So when the droid flashed his identicard at the door, it was a truly remarkable thing. To have and to hold an identity of his own. To be seen and recognized as having an identity of his own.

A small thing, perhaps. But not to BB.

He was pointed to a trio of Bith that were nursing what looked like some overpriced caf. Making his way over to them, the afro-headed simulacrum switched his vocabulator to the Bith language as he addressed the group.

As one might expect, the language of the Bith followed the same mysterious beauty of both logic and music as their architecture. It was almost like singing, the spoken word rendered as notes. Phrases like melodies. Conversations like symphonies.

Pleasantries sidetracked into the obvious. Your form is most unusual, one of the Bith chimed, in soft, elevating notes that marked curiosity.

Some would say the same of you, the droid noted, his own melody a descending note to simulate stating mere fact. Skipping the conversation, the droid asked, May I inquire as to the details of your proposal?

Two of the Bith looked at each other, before the one on the right answered, We have a shipment of saltfish on Kabal...

The Bith was still sing-talking, but between the pauses to breathe, the droid's astromech subprocessor had already pulled the navigational data on the destination. Kabal was a world in the Mayagil Sector. Not exactly easy to get to, even though there were two routes that were on file in his databanks that could arrive to that world. From Bith, the most logical course would be to take the Rimma Trade Route to the Sarlissian connector.

The proverbial long and winding road.

...Our usual courier is unfortunately no longer available, the Bith was remarked, as the droid finished his navigational computations.

A single eyebrow slid upward along the human replica droid's brow at that statement, but he didn't pursue a line of questioning about it. Couriers went out of business all the time. And Kabal was in the Outer Rim, where piracy was prevalent and security was both fleeting and expensive. It was on that note that the droid asked, And the compensation?

Five thousand
, the first Bith answered.

Six, the small droid replied, jumping straight to the negotiation. One thousand as a deposit.

The three Bith each looked at the others at the offer. A sideways tilt of the head indicating agreement. Five hundred now. The remainder when the saltfish is delivered.

The afro-headed droid mirrored the same sideways tilt. This is acceptable.

Copy_of_Copy_of_Untitled_Design_2.png
KABAL SYSTEM
SEVENTEEN DAYS LATER

He wondered how organics coped with long hyperspace voyages.

Obviously they did, but they were conscious of the passage of time. At least, in modern galactic technology. In eras now long past, the Creators had traveled in sleeper ships and multi-generational vessels that had taken decades to reach their destination.

For himself, once he'd made the jump to hyperspace, BB had passed management of the navicomputer over to Tails. And then docked himself into the droid charging station and gone offline.

It made the trip seem no more than the blink of an eye. As the droid's systems were reactivated, he automatically updated his internal chronometer using the ship's computer.

An automatic process of synchronization that was largely unnecessary. He'd already calculated the precise time required for the trip. His activation was occuring at precisely the moment he had anticipated.

Crawling up into the cockpit of the Razor Crest, the small droid's eyes gazed out on a small, blue marble that was steadily growing larger with each moment. Switching control to manual, BB took the controls. Adjusting the flight path, he slid the small transport into the flow of traffic approaching the planet.

Whoever was piloting the Lorridian freighter needed to get off their gorram comlink. BB dipped to avoid where a pair of freighters nearly collided in a bit of cross traffic.

Adjusting the trim, the afro-headed bot oriented the ship for the atmospheric entry. Space faded into blue skies. Vast swaths of ocean filled the view below as the small transport emerged from out of the clouds.

Firing the braking thrusters, the droid began to bleed off speed as he approached the spaceport ahead.

A journey of a million lightyears, just to see a man about some fish.

Last edited:

iEbeozl.png

RTL_Sig.png
Corbin looked over to the Jedi who had called out to him. He recognized her aura. He'd also heard talk of a Jedi master who was a bit on the... flirty side. He just gave a friendly wave.
"Master Rhiza! Beautiful day isn't it? And no worries, smaller fish are actually both healthier and sweater tasting. Catching them is also less likely to destabilize the ecosystem. Though, the derby sponsor said that wouldn't be a problem. We're free to fish as much as we want during the tourney times over the week." And he didn't really care about being competitive anyway, but he wasn't going to say that. Might come across as an excuse.
He cast his line again.
He could feel another familiar presence. He gave a wave to Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl . "Surprised to see either of you here, to be honest. Wouldn't have pegged either of you as anglers. But the more the merrier!" Lossa ended up hauling a fish around the same size as Rhiza's. "Looks like there's your competition, Rhiz."
Another tug of his line; time to see what he'd caught this time.

Wearing: Lawyer Suit

Armed With: M1 Pistol (Integral Suppressor)

Objective: BYOO (Negotiate with Client)

"This is blackmail!." Kolidri Hodson snarled. A mousy, rail thin Corellian with tan skin and a buzzcut, hiding pale blue eyes behind glasses with an all black frame, in blue coveralls.

"Come now." Vera replied in a crisp professional manner deliberately bordering on open arrogance. She was dressed in her favorite white suit, a large platinum ring with a fat emerald cut in a rectangle pattern wrapped around her right pinky, surrounded by small rubies.

"You were faced with an unwinnable scenario. On the hook for the murder of a Miss Lucretia Lister Lucretia Lister , the executive of your seafood company. They had your DNA at the scene of an impressively grisly murder. Your alibi was shot, Cameras placed you near the scene of the crime. The only reason I was able to get you off the hook at all was because I managed to successfully convince the jury that because the murder weapon was missing, as well as the fact the entire crime scene was contaminated by blood and fish parts---about the only things you actually got right when you killed her---that you could not possibly be fairly convicted under such circumstances as there would always be reasonable doubt. You wanted your miracle, I gave it to you. I expect the agreed upon compensation."

Hodson stared at Vera as they sat across from each other in the office. Vera was perfectly composed, as if constantly ready for a camera.

"Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly?" Vera asked with an oily crispness.

Hodson blinked.

"No." he answered back with a reluctant sigh.

"Good, because I would hate to suddenly figure out where you actually hid the weapon." Vera spoke. "Give me what I want."

Hodson grumbled but rose from his expensive desk. He had moved up since killing his boss. Lots of fine architecture. Vera, for her part, couldn't wait to be out of this cannery.

He went over to his safe, and slowly unlocked it.

"Lister was an eccentric. If the company finds out I gave you this, I'm ruined!" he complained.

"Next time you feel so strongly about your boss being an evil witch on the verge of poisoning it's products with The Dark Side, you should just tender your resignation, rather than take matters into your own hands to prevent a Chapter 11. Or you could have done the simple thing and report it." Vera chided like she was a school teacher.

"Whatever." he replied curtly, opening the safe, and retrieving the Gabonna Memory Crystal.

"That crystal contains a bunch of gibberish code. But Lucretia has it listed as essential company property." Hodson explained irritably as he retrieved the casing housing the crystal.

"Can't imagine what you want with it."

Vera took the casing.

"You'll have it back in three days. A Courier will deliver it to you." Vera assured him. "One more thing..."

"What?" he snapped.

"When I walk out that door you are no longer my client." Vera began. "So while we are in this room I still have one more bit of legal advice to offer as your attorney: Wait six months then get off planet. Go outer rim. Change your name. Your face. I have an excellent place to do it in private. And I can even recommend a few..." she spoke, handing him a small card with their contact information.

Hodson stared at it as Vera walked out the door, white stilettos clicking on the floor.

Later on...

Vera was sped to her docked Luxury Yacht far from the festivities by way of a pilot droid in a Luxury Speeder. She sipped a glass of chilled biot nutrients, eager to dissect what she suspected was the witches personal notes.

She waited patiently as the pilot droid got out and opened the passenger door, and daintily stepped out of the gold and silver vehicle, and her mouth fell open very slightly as she stared at Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl waiting for her in his black biker gear. He leaned against the hull of her ship, arms folded.

"Mister Crownwraithe..." Vera said pleasantly, slipping into an affable mode of charm she had cultivated through experimentation. She glided towards him, hips swaying slowly. Nathan scowled. But she had made him laugh once. She vowed to do it once more.

"What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Heard about your case. He's clearly guilty. You know that, right?"

Vera shrugged. "Of course. But as long as he doesn't admit it to me in so many words, I'm able to defend him with what you normal types refer to as a clean conscience. I suppose I should have expected you here, given how this is apparently one of a hundred and fifty seven times a Lucretia Lister has been murdered. Cases stemming back to just after the Plague ended."

"Just making sure the freak doesn't get reborn in someone who is already a freak."

"Says The Freak who came back from the Dead..." Vera reminded him pleasantly. "I do so love these little back and forth barbs we trade whenever we talk. Come inside, I have an absolutely precious bottle of Atrisian Absinthe you simply must--"

Vera wheeled around, hand in a lightning motion for a diamond encrusted handbag that concealed a silenced blaster pistol firing through it and slamming into the heads of three cloaked targets behind her.

"--try...." she finished, coldly smirking at the death she had caused, getting a biot endorphin rush as she heard their hearts stop beating.

Nathan casually checked on the three bodies. Shadow Suit equipped. Class-D Disruptors. Taozin Amulets.

"They really should learn to breath a tad more quietly." Vera gloated.

"Who'd you piss off?"

"You sure they were here for me?" Vera asked.

Nathan snorted at this.

"Chit, you might be right. Let's move the ship. You got a less public site?" he asked.

Vera nodded. "Please, step aboard. We'll make a day of it. Perhaps I'll even show you how certain acts of killing can amuse."

He scowled again but walked up the ramp. The Biot followed, instructing the pilots to take off immediately. The ship lifted off soon, but before they could debate who the target was, the early warning system sounded off.

Vera sighed. "I'm afraid the Absinthe will have to wait."

"That's fine" He grumbled as he stared at the Holo feed showing two starfighters closing in on their ship from the main hold's projector. "I don't do pleasant."

Both Vera and Nathan strapped in to crash seats as the yacht went full speed ahead, it's transmissions jammed...

Last edited:
hXj9eXR.png

The air had a positive feel to it, and the people seemed hopeful even in the early hours at the bar. Sargon had arrived early and in common clothes so as to stay a bit out of sight and out of mind. He had no real job here, but there was an opportunity. There weren't many times you could watch the heads of government work out a deal in the open, much less a full charter for entry for a system. The laws and words of the Rimward Trade League did in fact seem great, but seeing them in action could be quite another.

Sipping a glass of wine he watched over the crowd as he leaned back into his chair. It was an interesting venue and if nothing else it said something about the League and how open they were willing to be by doing this here. Most of time these things were held in offices far away from the people and announced by officials at some well controlled scenario. Here they were though mingling and talking. He supposed it helped that most of the attention was on the fishing contest, some great local tradition. He'd consider going there himself, but winning or losing would have nothing to do with luck. He'd have either made a decision to cast out randomly to keep from the fishes he sent or to cast directly to the best parts. Even if he did cast randomly he'd have still wondered inside if he'd secretly just got a bit competitive and ignored his own attempts to not sense the poor fish.

Instead this offered a fantastic opportunity to see what the higher ups in the League were all about. It didn't hurt that he had no responsibilities so he could just sip the day away, try a local specialty or two and just enjoy the day. Of course it would be a disaster if he found out the leadership was not what he hoped, but at least he would know then.

Just as Mya Jesel Mya Jesel spoke the delicious smell of some spiced fish and rice dish wafted into his nose as lunch arrived. He felt his mouth began to salivate even as the steaming plate was placed before him. Laying down some credits for a tip the Iridonian smiled at the bartender before picking up his fork and diving in. With his first bite he decided no matter what the trip would be worth it, and he needed the recipie.

Hector Vrenth

2oBcVl1.png

Objective: Catch fish
Tags: Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Untitled614_20230531071122.png
"This is a fishing community, if we could cause irreparable damage to their ecosystem with a little line fishing I feel they might be in big trouble." she replied to Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher , only partially suppressing a smirk at the comment about small being sweeter. Rhiza felt her Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl before she saw the curvy pink figure of the Zeltron Jedi.

"Looks like there's your competition, Rhiz."

"I think you might be right, but like you said I'm not usually an angler, I'm mostly here to enjoy the sunshine but trying out something as new and primitive as this is quite fun. We get so used to our comforts and having our food brought too us we forget about this side of life." It was true, processed food, droids, servants.... less well paid servants, so much was don't for people automatically.

She cast her line again as the other two examined their own catches. She quickly got a bit from hungry fish and began to reel it in, it had some fight to it and she just pictured the foot long silvery muscle she was about to pull from the water. Water splashed and thrashed about with this one, he did not wish to be caught, and Rhiza wasn't even going to eat him... probably. "I think I might have hooked a shark" she laughed, finally reeling in a decent sized, but not exceptional fish.

Last edited:
iEbeozl.png
SullustanTourist.jpg

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a BB-4001X BB-4001X

Jedi. Xam wasn't sure if it was entirely competition legal for them to participate in a fishing contest, with their mind melds and such. Was it possible to mind meld with a fish? And did the Jedi Code permit them to do that?

Regardless of the answer, Xam was happy that the ORDC had a generous paid time off policy, at least for its professional staff and when not in the middle of a project. He suspected the Jedi had no such benefits.

One of the other anglers pulled up a series of items of trash. That interested Xam, peering over the top of his pole to watch.

"That's the truth," Xam called over the water to the other angler—one of the non-Jedi, and the quieter ones so far.

"If you have any interest in working with the Outer Rim Development Corps," Xam continued, "You could certainly propose to clean up the seafloor here on Kabal- at least for litter not already acting as the base of coral reefs. It could be an excellent initial project with lots of local volunteer interest." A simple project, too, probably run by a volunteer coordinator. There'd be no need for a project manager, let alone an entire ORDC ship.

Another tug on the line and Xam stared at it before slowly jigging it in, one half rotation at a time, pulling in a larger fish than the last time.

iEbeozl.png

RTL_Sig.png
A lovely breeze blew across the water. It reminded Corbin vaguely of the seashores of home. On the breeze, he could faintly hear the words of a Sullustan enjoying their fishing from a hydrofoil. Odd combination. He was mentioning something about environmental cleanup. Corbin could get behind that. The locals did a decent enough job of making sure not to overfish, but still, they couldn't prevent all pollution. But a little cleaning now and then would keep it from building into a catastrophic mess.
He watched as several of the competitors, including Rhiza, Lossa, and the Sullustan, pulled up some pretty large fish. "Nice."
He continue from his conversation Rhiza. "Overfishing is actually rather easy to do. Everyone wants the bigger fish, which typically means the mature ones. Take too many out, and you no longer have a viable breeding population, and the fish numbers will decline until all the juveniles can mature. Aim for the smaller, younger fish, and there's still an active breeding population. However, they strictly watch the fish populations year-round specifically so they are sure that doesn't happen, just so they can hold this tourney. Which leads me to believe the story about massive red-scale is nothing more than a folk-tale. Hey, that rhymed!" He gave a chuckle. These kinds of days were certainly nice. He wished his father could be with him right now.

"This thing got any weapons?" Nathan Bloodscrawl asked as the Yacht sped through the sky now at max speed.

"A few, but they haven't fired on us yet despite being in range. Curious." Vera remarked.

"They can't fire without alerting everyone else, and we aren't fast enough to escape them." She observed, staring at the feed. "We try and leave the planet, then they start shooting."

Nathan grimaced. "Slow the ship down. Take us lower and open the cargo hatch."

Vera immediately instructed the B1 Pilot Droid to do as Nathan asked and followed him to the Cargo Hold, interested in what he had in mind. She found him putting on a safety harness attached to the deck. Vera put on a safety harness herself as Nathan went over to the hatch switched and flipped it, the cargo door opened and they both spotted the two TIE Fighters following them.

Nathan activated a single bladed dark blue lightsaber...and dropped it, but the blade vanished before it hit the plating, reappearing past a speeding fighter, it's wildly spinning tip leaving a deep gash on its starboard solar panels, and the fighter wobbled severely, forcing it to break off.

Nathan teleported the tumbling weapon back to his hand, and pointed it right at the other fighter. The enemy pilot saw the gesture and immediately broke off.

Vera watched and felt her thirst level go up at the display of power.

Nathan hit the switch on the cargo hatch and deactivated his blade.

"I think you made your point." Vera remarked.

For a split second, Nathan's grim face almost cracked a smile but it was buried almost as soon as it emerged. Vera raised an eyebrow, intrigued, but said nothing else as she walked back to the main hold.

"No doubt they are still attempting to track us..." Vera noted as the ship set down on an old landing area close to a coastal town after an extra ten minutes of flying randomly.

"They must be after you." Nathan grumbled
"My enemies are much more straightforward."

"Oh, like I've never fought off an assassin in a late night break in..." Vera snidely retorted.

"I fought three assassins once. All armed with hook swords." Nathan low-key boasted.

"I fought five assassins, armed with vibrowhips." Vera replied in an incredibly haughty manner, hands going to her hips.

"I fought ten assassins once, on a crumbling mountain." Nathan countered quickly.

Vera huffed petulantly. "I fought fifteen assassins in a burning building, armed with nothing but a butter knife." she sneered with a proud smile.

"I was armed with nothing but a plastic spoon." Nathan replied immediately.

Vera blinked, surprise slowly spreading across her face as she realized he wasn't lying.

(Vera's thirst meter has raised by .007 percent!)

"Well..." Vera trailed. "At least tell me you dug one of their eyes out."

"Obviously." he answered casually.

Vera bit her lower lip in lust, blushing slightly. Upon seeing this, Nathan's gaze practically screamed 'WTF'.

"We simply must find a convenient excuse that allows us to take lives for a little while. Thank goodness for all this trouble." Vera remarked.

Nathan only grimaced at this as he followed her to the exit hatch. He saw Vera gazing out at the coastal setting, a lighthouse in the distance.

"Shouldn't you be switching to a guise more appropriate to your situation?" he asked.

Vera smirked. "Why? Sometimes, being a wealthy, powerful civilian has its uses. Sometimes they cause more damage than outright warlords."

Vera pulled her pistol from her handbag.

"Shall we?"

Nathan pulled out a pistol of his own and they departed the landing area. His sense of danger flared all around. Vera's nose twitched as they walked and they both kept alert. Nathan spotted a black unmarked shuttle heading to the town.

"Heads up. More fans..." he said acidly.

Vera shuddered openly from the endorphin rush she got just at the thought of killing.

"Well let's not waste any time..." Vera said, moving forward slightly quickly.

"No civilians. Assassins, do as you please, but no Civilians." Nathan warned.

Vera turned and smirked again.

"Nathan for shame. You act like I'm some sort of kill happy psycho. Whatever gave you that idea?"

Nathan could only roll his eyes at her rhetoric before going along with it, catching up to her and keeping pace, almost on the verge of actually smiling...

Tides of Change

d7zwsVW.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
Objective 3: BYOO
On the beaches of KABAL...

DPFKiwm.png

6Oi3Hhm.png
Elias laughed as the saltwater sprayed his skin, washing away all the stress of the last few months. He could train, or meditate, or care for the greenhouses... but there were some things that only a surfboard and strong Kabalian waves could heal. That, and the young budding of a powerful friendship. He glanced to Valery Noble Valery Noble with a quip about her form already loaded on his tongue, but to his surprise, she was handling her board as well as a true-blooded Genetian.

He raised his eyebrows, an impressed smile on his bearded face.

"Damn, Noble! You didn't tell me you could surf!" he called out as his board neared the shore and he prepared to dismount. He lost count of how many times he'd gone back out to the waves, lost in the simple joy of the sport.

"Must have some beautiful beaches on New Cov," he joked with a grin. "Where'd you pick it up?"

He stepped through the cakey sand, reaching into their cooler for a bottle of water. He passed one over to her before taking a generous gulp.

Last edited:

d7zwsVW.png

Kabal
div-orange.png
Outfit: Swimsuit
Tag: Elias Edo Elias Edo

Valery's ponytail whipped into the wind, as she surfed along a huge wave that would scare even some of the better surfers. But Valery had never been one to be wary of the oceans and definitely wasn't scared of a good adrenaline rush. In fact, after everything that happened with her capture, this was exactly what she needed. A moment to not focus on Jedi duty or other responsibilities, and just have a bit of fun.

Once she reached the shore soon after, she met Elias with a grin and flicked some of her long hair over her shoulder. "Definitely didn't learn that on New Cov," Valery said with a chuckle, as she made her way over to join.

"I spent some time with my Master way back in the day, exploring various types of planets. I learned how to surf on one from the locals, and while I don't get to do it often, it's always fun to do." She grinned, accepted a bottle of water and took several long sips, before she let out a breath of relief.

"The weather here today is great, and the waves are perfect, albeit a little bit big."

hXj9eXR.png

Sargon Vynea Sargon Vynea Hector Vrenth

Mya rolled her shoulders slightly and relaxed the grip around the glass of Corellian whiskey. There was much less tension or nervousness than was often the case. Kabal's tropical climate seemed to help keep things more low-key than some other worlds.

That was the case when it came to prosperity, she mused. When resources were abundant, resource-driven conflict was less. There was more than enough to go around, and resources were easily acquired. There was a metaphor there for the goal of the League as a whole.

But a few individuals caught her attention as being quite a bit different from the rest of the crowd. One was an older, more grizzled Zabrak of some kind whose eyes were sharp and suggested something about keen observational skills. Perhaps even unsettlingly sharp. The other was a young human, pale-haired and pale-skinned, who seemed to carry himself much differently from most of the locals. She stood and approached the youngest one first.

"I'm thinking you're not from Kabal originally, am I right?"

Tides of Change

d7zwsVW.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
Objective 3: BYOO
On the beaches of KABAL...

DPFKiwm.png

6Oi3Hhm.png
It’s perfect,” Elias said, taking what was left of his bottle and splashing it onto his face. It was cold and refreshing on his suntanned skin. He looked to Valery with peaceful eyes.

This is nice,” he said, glancing beyond her to the distant ocean. “No pirates, or Sith, or cosmic monstrosities. Just the sea. And good company,” he added with a soft smile.

It seemed like some kind of threat had been waiting around every corner since he ventured to the Outer Rim. To spend a day - even if only a day - enjoying a childhood passion… it was truly a gift. He watched for a moment as the waves crashed into the shore nearby. It was like music Elias looked to Valery with boyish confidence, reaching for his board.

Ready for another wave?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom