Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding one's peace

Josh quickly blocked the slash with his saber effortlessly, seeming to go easy on Vael as he backed up from the stab.

Quickly, he then responded by changing to the Makashi form, a form Josh had mastered that was perfect for blade on blade combat. Josh quickly fell on Gherron with several slashes ranging at places from Gherron's shoulder to his thigh, whether he blocked or not, Josh would slash again at another body part to wear down the Padawan's guard.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron was starting to get the hang of Soresu form. He began to attack with wide-arcing slashes, but still keeping his guard up. After a minute or so of sparring, his defense began to die down, and his master gained the upper hand.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

And the second his defenses began to die down, that was when Josh's careful and easy striking stopped.

Suddenly, Gherron could feel a surge in the force as the Jedi Knight flew over his head with a leap and frontflip, slashing his shoulder with his lightsaber where Gherron had left unguarded. Luckily, he had turned the power on his blade to low, so all Gherron felt was stinging on his shoulder from the burning sensation before Josh landed on his feet behind Gherron. With an amazing show of flexibility that not even the greatest of Sith Lords that didn't know him would see coming, Josh suddenly dipped his body down, standing on one foot, the other suddenly reaching out and slamming into the back of Gherron's head, sending the Jedi Padawan flying forward in the other direction.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

"Ow. Why would you- AHH!" Gherron fell face-first on the ground in front of him. He was pretty sure his skull had cracked, as he felt a deep throbbing headache. After a few seconds, he got back up, clutching his head. "Okay... That hurt." He wanted to sit down, but he had to show Josh just how much he could take. Advancing on his master, he slashed downward, ducked low from any potential blows, then rolled to the side. After his roll, he got back up to prepare for another attack.

Josh looked back and waited for Gherron to get up, letting him rest if needed, or call the duel off if needed. Surprisingly, after a few minutes of complaining, Gherron slashed at him again.

Josh jumped over the slash. Though it could be a bad move in a real duel, Josh knew Gherron wouldn't think of taking advantage of the position. As Gherron rolled though, Josh landed on his feet, waiting for him before kicking Gherron in the ribs with a hard blow while he was still on the ground. Josh's superhuman strength again came into play here, the blow knocking the wind out of Gherron.

"Be careful about rolling to the side with an opponent who's trained on you and knows hand to hand" he suggested, allowing Gherron to get up again.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

This time, Gherron had no room to talk, instead heaving while he strained for air. Bruised and winded, he still managed to get up and raise his lightsaber. As he circled his mentor, a cold, calm demeanor washed over him, which was evident in his face. All he could hear now was the sound of his heartbeat and the wind rushing through his hair. Then, a single word rang in his head. GO. running with incredible speed, he leaped over the other jedi and landed perfectly behind him, then turned around to deliver a slash at his abdomen. Whether the strike hit home or not, he would find out in a few seconds.

Josh smirked as Gherron suddenly took on a cold, focused change. As soon as Gherron leaped, Josh knew what was coming, having done the same thing just a minute before. Quickly, he reached his saber hand back enough for the blade to block the blow even with Josh not looking, before he turned around and sent a slash at Gherron's abdomen in return.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

As the blade came rushing at him, Gherron ducked under to avoid the blow and stabbed upward. In his mind, he would not relent until he landed a hit of his own. His pale blue blade rushing upward, he kept his eyes open for any other open spots to strike.

"Bad placement" Josh stated as his foot suddenly raised up and kicked the ducking Gherron dead in the face, stopping him mid-strike. The Weaponmaster responded with a slash of his own toward Gherron's side, quick and straightforward, nothing fancy. He expected Gherron to block if he could get his bearings in time after the boot to the face.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Though dazed, Gherron raised his blade to block the incoming strike. His blade now locked against his master's, he began to press forward and into Josh. As he did so, his eyes bored into the jedi, grim determination still in his face. Unfortunately however, he doubted he had the strength to continue the assault. He would press on as long as he could.

Josh smirked as Gherron turned it into a saber lock. Sadly for Gherron, he knew already about Josh's superhuman strength, and getting the Jedi Knight into a saber lock was the last thing you wanted to do in a duel with the Weaponmaster. Regardless, the Jedi kept a wide smirk on his face as he pressed back... Small bursts at first, going easy on Gherron, letting him press and get used to the flow and adrenaline and motions of the saber lock. Even as a sparring session, Josh was still trying to use it as a means to teach his Padawan.

Finally, when he figured Gherron had enough, the Weaponmaster suddenly turned up the tempo and pushed harder, with relative ease the momentum swung to his favor, forcing Gherron to bend backwards to keep the saber lock going.

When Josh bent Gherron low enough, he shifted his hips and sweeped Gherron's legs while he was occupied, forcing the Padawan to crumble to the ground without his legs in play to support him with. Quickly breaking the saber lock, Josh went for the flourish and brought his lightsaber down on Gherron's exposed throat...

... And stopped at the last second, his blade pointed dead at his throat.

"Dead" he said with a smirk. "Good show" he said, withdrawing his lightsaber and shutting it off, holding out a hand to help his Padawan up.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron accepted the hand, shutting his lightsaber off as well. It was only now that he let the pain register, and he grimaced. "That's gonna hurt in the morning." But with all of his bruises, he was proud of himself for not giving up. Training with Josh would definitely be fun. "I've got a long ways to go, but I can already feel a little stronger. In the force, and physically." If anything, the physical strain had definitely built his muscles up a little, as he could feel his body on fire.

(Sorry, been sick. No muse. But no rest for the weary, I already took half of yesterday off from the board)

He chuckled. "Training under me is never easy" he admitted. "But it's worth it. I'm probably one of the better lightsaber users out there" he said.

"Why?" He asked rhetorically. "Because I think. Because I use my head. Besides that, I train day and night to be the best I can be. I've been strength training since I was small, and combine that with using your head and athleticism, you can become an amazing fencer. You just have to train... And most of all, Gherron... Again..." He advised.

He patted him on the head. "Use. Your. Head. That is my greatest advice to you. A jedi's strength comes from three things. Constant training. Their use of the force. And their minds" he advised.

He walked along the temple gardens, motioning for his Padawan to walk with him.

"There is a reason that we Jedi are so obsessed with knowledge, Gherron. It is our strength. Knowledge is our power. The more we learn, the more we know. The more we know, the more we can put to use. The more we have in our heads to put to use... The more we think"

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

(OOC: It's no big deal. Rest if you need it bro)

"gotcha." Gherron smirked a little at his master. "I really think i'm going to enjoy training under you, Josh. You're an excellent teacher."

Josh smirked, sensing Gherron's discomfort again at Aleidis having joined Team Codi.

"I'm glad to hear" he said.

"Oh and Gherron?" he asked, looking over at his Padawan.

"Only thing I'll say about the... Topic you're trying to avoid" he said with a joking smile.

"Just remember... It could have been me" he joked, grinning. "It can always be worse"

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron nodded, understanding. "Well, I'm headed off to possibly no good. See you later?" The playful gleam returned to his eyes, one that said he would probably be returning to the temple in a police car, or running from one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom