Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding one's peace

He shrugs. "I think Dagobah was the beginning of it. Aleidis worked so hard to bring Codi back when she got infected. She probably realized how much she cared about her. And when she finally made up her mind the day after she became Chancellor and tried to make the move on me..... Well, it was too late, obviously. I was with Saoirse, I wasn't just going to up and leave her because of Aleidis. I've never said no to her before, but even for Aleidis I can't leave Saoirse"

He sighs. "I knew from there she'd go for Codi. We talked about it, I encouraged it because I wanted her to be happy. And she's happy. That's all that matters to me"

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron shrugged. "I just wish she would have given me a chance. I mean, she made it really clear that she liked me, but we couldn't do anything about it." He gave a wry smile. "I honestly would've been cool with the whole 'fragile: handle with care' routine. I know I could pull it off. She just never let me explain myself."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

He chuckled. "I don't know man. I had similar vibes from her at one point but when we talked about it, she rebuked me. Sure, she changed her mind when it was too late but..."

He shrugged. "I think it's best to chalk your situation up to a confused teenage girl incident, Gherron. Move on, find someone... Less confused" he said, smirking.

Josh patted his newly reinstated Padawan on the shoulder. "Just be patient. It'll come" the Jedi Knight reassured.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron shook his head, smiling a little wider. "Still learning that concept, remember? Besides, as stubborn as I can be, even you have to admit I'm making progress on being patient. I just have a strong feeling that I won't get over this one for a while. I know I will eventually... It's just gonna take some time."

"But i've been patient for more than a year now." Gherron sighed, but bit his tongue before he said anything stupid. He had indeed been patient, but he knew he would need to do a whole lot more in order to be promoted. "I... I just want to be able to help others is all. When I grew up here, I was always the outcast. The one everyone hated the most and stepped on. I don't want that to happen to anyone else if I can help it."

"The problem is Gherron, you are still impatient. You have outbursts. For karks sakes, you moped like hell the whole ride here. Hell, it wasn't even because Azar was dead" he said, shaking his head. "You didn't seem to give a damn after the first minute, but I spill that Aleidis turned lesbian and you sulk and mope for three days" he said, shaking his head.

"You're not ready, lets face it. To be a Knight is to publicly REPRESENT the Jedi Order... You're not yet able to do that" he said sadly. "Thats why I'm here"

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

"Even though i'm eighteen, I never had a chance at a social life. Since coming to the temple, all of this is new to me." Gherron grimaced a little. "So honestly, i'm sorry if I overreact to certain things, but it's just the way its gonna be for a while."

Josh burst out into laughter.

"Social life? Gherron, you're a Jedi... I'm incredibly lucky to have the "social life" I do have... Even though the only friends I have are my Padawans, co-workers or even opponents I've met on missions, and on the oft occassion something by complete chance, such as Saoirse. And my teenage years? I never had those because I spent them in a coma in a sith torture chamber. I never had a real social life, and I'll never get one as long as I'm a Jedi"

"The overreaction... No real excuse for it. Could just say you're an incredibly emotional teenage girl and get it over with"

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron shook his head and walked on to the temple, stepping inside. "I'll meet you in the training area in half an hour. I won't be late." He figured he'd beat Josh to it and get the words out. Walking to his old room, he began to unpack. First his extra clothes, then his belongings, with his most prized possession under it all. His lightsaber. Setting it on his desk, he began to organize his clothes in his drawers.

Josh chuckled as Gherron ended the conversation before Josh could point out his obvious flaws any more. Shrugging as his new Padawan left, Josh headed out of the temple to give Gherron time to unpack, paying a visit to his son Kobe, who was being trained in the Temple, on his way out.

Hours later, Josh returned to look for Gherron, finding him in his quarters. Josh knocked gently on the door.

@[member="Gherron Vael"]

Gherron chuckled as well. "Well, I did get some decent training from master Syn. I'm doing really good at doing a force push or pull, and I'm working on better concentration, which he also helped me with. Personally, I would like to learn some lightsaber combat, now that I have a lightsaber to call my own."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom