Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fight or Flight

Pamarthe
HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers

With one leg crossed over the other, Valery sat inside the waiting room and looked down at her datapad. Last time she had visited Pamarthe, it had been to participate in a water race — something thrilling and exciting. Now, with the Sith Order's borders growing ever-closer to the planet, there was friction over what course of action to take. Some had proposed to prepare for evacuation and find nearby worlds to retreat to. Others refused the notion and opted to stand and fight against the Sith instead with help from hired mercenaries or other trained forces.

The tension it sparked had turned people against each other.

As a result, the two opposing parties had requested a Jedi to mediate their discussion, and Valery had answered the call. For now, she was waiting to be summoned and decided to read up on recent reports on the planet, as well as news updates.

She knew a lot was at stake here.

Pamarthe City Center

It was difficult for her to pick the right feelings she had for the outer rim. Experience told her it was an unpleasant space to travel, but one riddled with the occasional planet of exceptional quality. At the end of the day, however, she often found herself experiencing a modicum of dissatisfaction generalized from the quality of life. Which was, more or less, the source of the bad taste her visits left in her mouth.

It hadn't taken her long to sift through the information her crew had provided her. Two factions at odds with one another, a boiling uprising on the part of the group wishing to take arms for themselves against a looming Sith threat and now, as her analytics team directed her information about a new arrival, the Jedi were involved as well. At least she couldn't say her life wasn't interesting.

Clicking her tongue as she paced somewhat hurriedly through the halls, she found herself fidgeting with the cuff of her jacket as she contemplated how she'd handle a Jedi were things to go south.

Sith were predictable, aggressive and volatile; she could handle that. The Jedi, however, liked to adorn themselves in an air of collection, passivity and counter aggression; that she found more difficult.

Left with little more time for her thoughts as she passed the threshold of the central offices, she pushed her way into the waiting room she'd been called ahead to and stopped. The door slid closed with a hiss and a thunk and her eyes fell on the only other person in the room with her. From head to toe she could already tell she was as formidable as she was, for lack of a more lengthy description, shapely and beautiful.

Noting her own equipment as she observed, what she could, of the other woman's, she collected herself to recall the information she'd had to go off of.

"I knew the situation was tense, but I didn't think they'd send the Sword to handle something out here." Short and to the point, though her eyes once again running over the woman were telling a somewhat different opinion.

Outfit: Clothes | Taozin Amulet | Gloves & Boots | Arms
Weapons: Sword | Sidearms | Bow

Last edited:

The sound of the door opening drew Valery's eyes up from her datapad. She hadn't been focusing on her senses, considering the environment she was in, so the arrival wasn't quite expected. Even more surprising was the woman itself — she didn't look like the politicians she was supposed to meet, but she was no Jedi either. A guard here, perhaps? Or maybe someone hired by one of the two sides for one reason or another?

The abundance of weaponry suggested something akin to a mercenary.

"Issues concerning the Sith are important for me to track," Valery replied, her fiery gaze shifting over the woman after taking note of her doing the same. Valery then offered a polite smile and rose up from her seat to dip her head.

"I assume you're not the political representative I was supposed to meet," Valery added, her eyes more focused on her weapons and gear for a moment. "Are you expecting trouble?"

Pamarthe City Center

To say that her words hadn’t matched her demeanor would have been a simplification. For when the woman rose to her feet, as simple of a gesture as it was with a dip of her head, Katria found herself gnawing at the inside of her lip to pull herself back to reality; and act more presentable.

“Trouble is always something I contingent for.” She explained in a neutral tone as she followed the woman’s gaze to her weapons and pawed them a bit defensively in response.

“It’s better to be prepared than to walk into a potential firefight with your pants down,” She continued, her eyes flicking to the woman’s figure before flicking back to her face. “I’d rather be armed and scrapping than lying dead on the ground with nothing to show for it. At least that’s how it works in my line of work.”

Giving the other woman a small smile, choosing to take a more political approach to the situation, she shifted her posture and planted a hand on her hip. If they were going to be stuck here while politicians squabbled about their safety, at least she’d try to enjoy herself.

“How about we get to know each other a bit while we wait for our hosts? I for one would prefer to put a name to the face of the Sword of the Jedi.” She uttered casually, her pressing her tongue against her teeth in thought. “Since I assume you’d rather not be called Sword or fire eyes. We’re both trying to be professional here after all.”

Last edited:

"Well, I sure hope we don't run into a firefight here," Valery said with an amused chuckle. "That would mean we've both failed our mission, no?" Ultimately, Valery wanted the two opposing sides on Pamarthe to find some way forward. If they didn't, and the Sith caught them before they were ready, both sides were going to suffer. She hoped that despite the rising tension between groups, they hadn't forgotten about that.

This was about their survival.

Valery raised a hand up through her hair and watched the other woman for a moment, noting the drifting eyes and smirking as a result. She then lowered herself back down into her seat and nodded, "Of course, have a seat and make yourself comfortable. They have water and some snacks here too, if you'd like something." She crossed one leg over the other and kept her posture somewhat straight while she faced the woman.

"Valery Noble, but just Valery is fine." This woman wasn't a Jedi, so ranks, titles and formalities didn't really matter at all. "May I know yours?" she asked with a slight smirk tugging at the corners of her lips.

Pamarthe City Center

"You make a good point," she started, taking note of the other woman's amusement with the air of their conversation. "It's hard to get paid if your employer, or clientele, wipe themselves out." She stated rather casually despite how similar their notions on the situation were. While she knew the Jedi to be proprietors of peace and justice, careful to orchestrate the best possible solution that involved minimal casualty or damage, she knew she was drawing conclusions from the actions and appearances of the few Jedi she'd actually met.

And none of them were quite like the woman before her. Or at least that was the vibe she was getting as the woman touched her hair and once again took a seat; expertly, or seemingly so, taking advantage of everything she had going for her.

"Can't argue with that," she hummed in return as she seated herself in the closest seat that wasn't directly next to the other woman. She'd seen the ring, a sheen to it that was rather unmistakable, but her notion of her actions was merely not to make the other woman uncomfortable. She wanted to appear sociable and professional but she assumed there was no harm in a bit of casual exchange based on the smirk playing across the other woman's lips. "Spending several months surrounded by metal, incessant beeping and stuffy uniforms has me a little tense, I'll admit."

Crossing one leg over the other at the calf as she exercised a full upper body stretch, she chose to keep her posture a bit more casual than the other woman, making herself comfortable by leaning forward slightly with her right hand firmly pressed against the cushion of her seat. This was a choice encounter and she was content to make it last as long as possible.

"Katria, by the way," she uttered with an inviting tone. "Katria Vekarr." She continued as a smirk began to play across her own lips. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Valery." Her tone lingered, the sound of the name rolling off her tongue easier than most those she'd worked with in the years prior; or maybe that was just her letting professionalism slip somewhat. At least it was just in her head.

"Now how do you think we should settle this little quandry these folks here have made for themselves?"

Outfit:
Clothes | Taozin Amulet | Gloves & Boots | Arms

Valery Noble Valery Noble

"That's true, though I'm not here for payment." The woman's words at least confirmed she was hired to be here. Not a surprising fact, but a detail Valery wouldn't forget either. It meant that her true motives perhaps didn't revolve around just helping these people. Which wasn't a problem, but if somehow the situation changed, and her money was on the line, how was she going to respond?

She hoped that she wouldn't have to find out.

When Katria sat down and made herself comfortable, Valery watched her closely and idly spiraled her index finger through her long bangs. She was at ease despite the weight of upcoming decisions and actually welcomed a moment to distract herself with casual conversation. Reading through reports on her datapad had melted her brain.

"The pleasure is mine, Katria," Valery said, her smile warmer and her hand shifting away from her hair to settle on her thigh instead. She finally leaned back after that, relaxing her posture and allowing herself some comfort.

"We first need to get a better understanding of who we're dealing with. A lot of these politicians have... egos. Push them too hard in one direction, even if it's in their best interest, and they will resist and no longer compromise. I'd like to see who I'm working with, and remind them of what's coming."

Pamarthe City Center

Payment. Only when the other woman said it did she really stop to think about it. Or maybe it was the tone that the woman used that made her stop to contemplate. She watched the other woman twirl her hair, make herself comfortable and accept her greeting, all the while feeling the urge to gnaw at her lip to quell her imagination. The thought that really kept her mind fixed was whether or not the payment here was really what she was after, especially considering how large of a sum it was that the radicals had offered her.

Company considered, she knew that the political atmosphere of Pamarthe held firmer ground on the side that this Jedi was here to secure. She'd worked for a Sith, practically operated a large part of his operations for months, and she wasn't about to fight with a Jedi over the best outcome. Letting herself lean back as well, against her urge to lean just a bit closer, she made herself comfortable in tune with Valery in an effort to diffuse the tension she was sure that her body language was exuding.

"I think it's easy to say who we're dealing with," she started, tapping a the vambrance on her wrist to present a few images of the politicians they were here to meet. "The side we're going to have the most trouble with is the side that offered me money. They're radical, militant and ready to do whatever it takes to hold their ground against any who might try to change their way of life." She continued, her expression turning callous for a moment before her thoughts curbed and her lips curved into a smirk.

"I don't have any intention of siding against you, Valery, or putting these people in more danger than they need to be in," she started, tapping her vambrace again to dismiss the images as she drifted her eyes to where Valery's hand was against her own thigh before bringing them slowly back up to the woman's face. "I'd much rather let these politicians squabble for their positions, put forward our thoughts on the matter and get them ready to fight whoever might be less reasonable than us."

She let her words linger, fill the air between them as she watched the woman's eyes for some hint or sign that they'd reached an agreement. Tugging her lower lip under her teeth, she flicked her gaze away from Valery for a moment before drifting it back in a way that indicated more generalized observation.

"Besides, I can think of better ways we could both be spending our time than negotiating with egomaniacs."

"I had a feeling they'd be the difficult ones," Valery agreed while she watched the woman adjust the way she sat. A lot of people found eye contact to be intimidating or difficult, and while Valery wasn't awkwardly maintaining it either, she didn't shy away from looking at the other. Once Katria returned her own gaze, Valery offered a smile to show that they had reached an understanding. One that actually felt like a relief.

Katria wasn't here just for the money, it seemed.

"A more direct approach might be best, I agree. We need to figure out what they have to defend themselves, what resources they have to relocate or evacuate and figure out a plan. Push them a little to find a solution, rather than give them time to find more problems." It was a plan that could backfire if they didn't handle it carefully, but there was no point letting the two sides ramble on and on again.

They've been doing that for weeks now already.

Katria's eyes turned away again, but this time returned with a gentler touch to them. Valery met her gaze with a smile and chuckled at the comment. "We're not setting the bar very high, but you're right," she said, her lips now tugging into a wider grin.

"Perhaps once we're done here, we can meet under better circumstances. Or, at least, less exhausting ones."

Pamarthe City Center

She couldn't recall easily the last time she'd had a reasonable conversation with someone about politics. While it was easy to recall her times in combat it was almost like a blur when she sought to dig up her memories that involved polite and dignified conversation. For any observer it would be clear to tell that she was more sporting to a fight to settle a dispute than talking one out; and it was usually because the other side was far from agreeable on the matters that were on hand.

Valery, however, certainly wasn't someone she saw herself inclined to argue with. Sure she was an attractive and well built woman that looked like she could handle herself in more ways than one, but there was also an air about her that expressed rationalism on the part of her own desires and interests. She seemed the type to be agreeable but more-so if the circumstances permitted.

"While I understand that perspective, I honestly feel like the radicals won't be inclined to listen," she started, tilting her eyes upwards for a moment in irritation before chuckling halfhearted to herself and dropping her gaze to Valery once more. "We're going to have to convince them that what they have is enough to hold them out until our help is necessary. I've already seen what this world has to offer in the way of defenses and emergency procedures and I'll admit that I wouldn't reject intervention if it was presented to me."

Once her perspective was laid out, having easily noted the wider grin on the woman's face prior to her doing so, she leaned forward again and pressed a hand firmly against the cushion as she fixed her gaze on Valery's.

"We set the bar wherever we need it to be, let them resolve to meet it how they see fit and then," she paused for a moment, flicking her gaze downward as she took on a somewhat more pensive expression. She wasn't much of one to let her thoughts mingle too heftily for too long, but politics tended to cloud her brain more than she'd like. Only once she had cleared them up did she lift her eyes back to Valery. "Then we look into that offer. Less exhausting sounds nice."

Her words echoed in the air, hung long enough for them to let them sink in, then whisked away with the sound of a door opening as another presence entered the room.

It seemed their hosts were ready for them.

"I might have some information to share that will even shock the radicals," Valery said, eyes briefly shifting down to her datapad. The war with the Sith Order had spread to far beyond their territory here in the Outer Rim. They had also reclaimed the ancient Sith worlds, and started a new campaign from there against the Alliance and various warlords in the Tingel Arm. Their methods there would surely have an impact.

She had a feeling they could get things moving.

"But we'll see. I'm going to present them what I gathered and speak from experience. We'll go from there, and as always with politics, we'll have to adapt." Valery offered the woman a smile and began to rise from her seat, datapad tucked between her arm and chest, and turned her eyes to the door of the meeting room.

Someone was coming.

"Let's hope we can handle this quickly. I already feel exhausted, and we haven't even started yet." Valery flashed a final smirk and waited, as the door opened and one of the hosts revealed themselves.

"Please, join us in the meeting room," the guard said.

Pamarthe City Center

Rationality, patience, composure and confidence. This woman was becoming more intricately complex with each move, word and expression she issued. Whether it was for better or for worse was reflected clearly, however, in the look of amused satisfaction on Katria's face as she listened to the response that had been issued in return for her concerns about the radicals. She'd had few interactions with Jedi but she was certain that this one was in a league all her own that she couldn't even really put a word to.

"I guess I should let you take the lead on this one then," she uttered calmly as she flitted her gaze from the woman's eyes to her posture and figure and then back to her eyes. She wasn't the type to let others lead when it came to matters she'd planned extensively for, but there was something about Valery that left her willing to see just how things played out. She'd be as direct and involved as she had to be, but the other woman clearly knew what she was doing and Katria wanted to witness it.

Rising to her feet in swift tandem with the other woman, admittedly entranced by the ease with which the woman made her every move, she watched as the guard entered the room before catching the smirk on Valery's face. One that she returned with a somewhat mischievous glint in her own eye that was accompanied by a smirk of her own. Had she wanted to chuckle at the notion that had been presented once again regarding politics? Absolutely. Only she was far more distracted by the back and forth with her that played parallel to their business at hand.

"Let's not keep our hosts waiting then, fire eyes." She breathed, her tone discreetly mischievous as she made to move from the waiting room into the meeting chamber where the politicians and their squabbles awaited.

She was thankful for Valery's presence. At least this would be fun.

Last edited:

"I can take the lead, but don't shy away from pitching in." They seemed to be on the same page and Katria wasn't the type who would back off in heated debate. At least, that's the impression she had gotten thus far. The woman wasn't afraid to speak her mind and showed confidence in the way she sat and met her gaze. In the upcoming discussion, it'd be of value to reach a decision for the sake of those living here. After the meeting, she figured it could even make for a fun friend.

But one thing at a time.

"Fire eyes, hm? That's a new one." Valery chuckled, flashed the woman one last smirk, and stepped forward to enter the meeting room. Her mind was focused, cleared now from earlier distractions, and as soon as she saw the politicians in the room, she projected that aura. Body language mattered a lot in these types of discussions, and Valery wasn't going to give them an inch.

"Thank you all for having us," Valery began, as she stepped right up to the head of the table. "I'd like to get straight to the point. I've been at the frontlines to fight the Sith Order and prevent their expansion. I've collected a lot of data, and I'd like to present it to you, so you have a more realistic view of what's coming. How it informs your decision, is up to you." Valery hooked her datapad up to the larger screen inside the room and wasted no time.

The hordes of undead had been caught on cameras across many planets. Celanon, Yavin, and Taris — they slaughtered their way through military, Jedi, and civilians without any hesitation.

It was a type of beast only a coordinated army could hope to stop.

"The Sith won't come here with soldiers and Sith Lords alone. They've created an army of undead and use them to inflict serious casualties. No planet can stand against this army alone."

Pamarthe City Center

No sooner had they entered the audience chamber, where she could see numerous individuals in their varying attires and shows of position, did Valery's demeanor change drastically. While Katria herself was no Force user, unable to pick up on the nuances in another's aura when they exuded the energies that allowed others to sense them, she had learned how to detect them simply by watching the others body language; And Valery's was speaking volumes as she shifted from casual and relaxed to determined and stoic. There was no questioning how serious this woman was about the message she had to deliver.

Following the woman across the room and choosing to take a position near her at the head of the table, standing just off from behind her, she folded her arms and tilted her head as she watched the woman put on her display. While she hadn't seen the front lines of a great many of the battles she presented, she had heard about them through networks of communications and data streams. It wasn't hard to learn about the destruction and horror that the Sith were known to leave in their wake.

Or at least the Sith she was unfamiliar with.

"This isn't the kind of conflict you can take in stride," started once Valery had spoken a good deal of her part. She didn't want to interrupt the woman, but she wanted to support the notion that the other had put forward in not putting her own perspectives in. While she was not nearly as tactful with her manner of delivery, she knew that it would reach the thicker heads in the room with a bit of push and shove. Swiping her fingers against her vambrace, images forming on it before she pulled a small data stick from it, she placed the data stick into what she understood to be a holotable. "Even if you were to manage to bring this dead army to a standstill, my friend here and I know the just what Sith are capable of."

With that she flicked a few buttons on the table and brought an array of holograms up from the table. From sihouettes launching arcs of lightning from their hands to beings standing surrounded by numerous dead bodys with little to no disturbance to themselves, she showed them what her time in the galaxy had gotten her in way of understanding the Sith methodology; at least of their Force use. And it was in that moment that she could see the fear and frustration forming on the faces of the men and women in the room that she'd been expecting from the moment she walked in.

"You hired me to provide you with intel and experience, but she," she continued as she stepped forward, letting the moment carry her as she needed it to, and placed her hand firmly on Valery's muscular shoulder. If the woman looked at her she'd give her a knowing and confident look of support before lookin back to the their audience.
"The Sword of the Jedi has come to offer you more than just that and you'd be a pack of karking fools to turn it away."

After a moment, or perhaps three, she let her hand slid back off the woman's shoulder and to her hip as she stepped up to stand beside her compatriot. If they were going to get these politicians to comply they needed them to see neither of them would back down from supporting the other.

After offering her intel and a piece of her mind, Valery was relieved to see that Katria backed her up before they were given a chance to complain or obstruct. They needed to first see and hear the facts — the data that was collected from the front. These were experiences that could realistically be repeated on Pamarthe and many more planets in the region. It's why she so firmly believed that planets needed to stand together.

Standing alone meant death.

Valery turned her gaze when Katria placed a hand on her shoulder and offered an appreciative smile, "She's right," Valery began while she dipped her head to Katria, acknowledging everything she had said thus far. Paired with her own intel, it had made the room rather quiet — there was obvious shock about what they saw.

Now, they needed to offer these people genuine hope, and not the false hope of security they've been creating by claiming they can handle it themselves.

"The Alliance proposes a plan where your people prepare to evacuate and your military is readied to defend the planet. Not alone but with extra reinforcements to cover a proper retreat. Your planet is far away from any power able to stop the Sith, so you must be willing to withdraw and regroup."

"Only then, can we keep them away." Once more, Valery looked at Katria and let out a soft sigh. For now, it seemed they had it all under control.

Pamarthe City Center

Nothing could hide the looks on the faces in the room. While Katria and Valery's held confidence, ease and composure there was no mistaking the fear, desperation, anger and confusion that were beginning to creep their way across the rest of those in the room. From the woman sitting nearest her with a look of sheer dread on her face, to the man farthest from she and her Jedi friend who sported the look of outrage and skepticism; A look that Katria knew all too well was the start of a response neither she nor Valery were going to like.

The man stood up, his hands crashing to the table as he did so, and his gaze narrowed on she and Valery, his posture exuding what little confidence he could muster when faced with facts and experience.

"Evacuate? Are you suggesting we leave everything we've established here in the hands of a force we know little about?" He began with a swell in his chest that elicited a tilt of Katria's head and an narrowed gaze of curiosity. She didn't know exactly what he was going to say, but she knew it was going to be something defiant in the face of Valery's recommendations. "I for one am not going to simply walk away from my possessions and leave them to be looted. I don't care how well trained they are, I will protect what's mine with my own security and hands."

"You're worried about looting?" Katria began, turning her head briefly to cast a knowing look before leaning forward and pressing her own hands against the table. The moment she did so she could see the air of confidence begin to falter in the man who'd spoken up. This was almost certainly the man who'd issued the contract to her and her team. There was no mistaking the determination in the face of reason and sensibility. "Are your goods and property worth more to you than your family and the people who help you maintain it?"

She couldn't help but let out a haughty, breathy laugh at the notion. Not seconds into her retort did she start to see those sitting closest to him issue him looks of contempt and discontent that had him sinking back into his seat with no confidence left to carry him. While she had chosen to take a different approach at this mission because of the new, and rather appealing, company she'd met mere minutes ago she was not about to change who she was. They needed to know their place.

"This isn't about belongings or property." She continued, slowly straightening herself back up next to Valery, now making sure that the rest of them saw her effort to stand on equal ground with the woman of, admittedly, much higher standing than her.
"This is about lives and securing your future. This is about making sure that the Sith don't erase your way of life or the world that you should be prospecting for the generations to come."

With that she turned her gaze once more to Valery, her eyes telling that she had laid the groundwork for her and that she need only nail it home. The defiant voice had been silenced, regretably through intimidation, and only rationality needed to remain. Keeping her eyes fixed on Valery as she uttered her next words, almost as if she was speaking to herself as well, she simply let her words flow.

"The Jedi aren't going to take away your liberties and property. The Alliance will help you preserve it."

"She's right," Valery said, having chosen not to immediately respond to the man who voiced his concerns. Instead, she allowed Katria to speak freely and offered her support when the woman turned to her again. "The Jedi's interest is to protect people. We don't ask for credits or any kind of payment — all we want is to help you keep your homes. But you can't always stand your ground. You'd be fighting on their terms and no planet on its own can stop a galactic superpower."

She paused and offered a more gentle smile that she hoped would open them up just a little, rather than spark more defensive reactions.

"That's why we need to stand together with a good plan," Valery continued.

"Bring those who can't fight to safety first. Evacuate them, so they're not caught in between and so they can't be a target of the undead." In standard warfare, civilians were best to keep away, but against an undead army, every casualty meant that the enemy would grow stronger in numbers. "Prepare your military, but be willing to withdraw. Not to run and hide, but to regroup and figure out new strategies."

"The Alliance can help with that."

Pamarthe City Center
K39nyuh.png

With each passing moment that she spent watching the faces seated at the table she could feel her energy fading. Not because of the information being passed around or the number of them that sat waiting for the information she and Valery had to provide, but rather due to the expressions that continued to adorn and drain from their faces. The very reason she hated dealing with politicians in general. Fear, contempt, disgust and confusion were among the most common ones that she saw when dealing with the haughty political types. Fortunately it wasn't enough to drive her away from getting the job done.

Taking a step back from where she'd been standing beside Valery, listening to the woman's words with a lift of intrigue from her brow as she did so, she poised her self just behind the woman's right shoulder. She didn't bother directly observing the faces around the table now, instead focusing on the only face in the room that didn't make her sink closer to apathy in that moment. Tapping her fingers against her vambrace, arranging a few tiles and correcting a few images, she pulled a data drive from her jacket pocket and uploaded them to it before reaching down to tuck it into the woman's hand.
[/COLOR]

"I took the liberty of doing a full analysis of Pamarthe's population centers on my way down here," she began as she pressed the drive to her hand and then retreated her own back to her pocket as she lifted her gaze to the crowd at the table momentarily. She was ready to get out of this proverbial hell and kick back wherever was farthest away from any need to use big words and technical provisions. "They're all yours, I think you know just how to wrap this up so we can get out of here."

She breathed quietly before taking a few steps back and leaning against the wall behind Valery. From there she didn't have to focus on their faces, instead able to relax and enjoy the fact that she found something much more interesting to think about than the job that was just as likely to succeed for as it was to go belly up.

The only certainty for her was that she enjoyed working with Valery, or at least enjoyed how she handled business.

"We're going to be leaving you with all the data and findings we have," Valery continued as more info was slipped into her hand by Katria. "With this analysis, we can help you determine where people need to evacuate, where they must go to, and how you can best protect your people." They weren't just going to run and never look back. Valery knew they would never accept a plan like that.

But moving people away from population centers that couldn't be defended in favor of a better position? Any military commander would go for such a plan, she imagined.

"For now, we'll leave you to discuss and formalize your plans. If we can be of assistance, let us know." Ultimately, Valery held no authority here. She was asked to provide data and talk them into what is best for their people. Now, it was up to them to make a final decision.

She was hopeful they'd make the right one.

"What do you think?" Valery asked as she left the meeting room with Katria. "With what we offered, they can't possibly just sit tight and do nothing, right?"

Pamarthe City Center
K39nyuh.png

No sooner had she surrendered the floor to the Jedi was their business finished. Or, a more apt evaluation, their business with the politicians on the preparations for war. What they did with the information they were given or whether or not they came to the Alliance for help after she and Valery left was, regrettably, outside of their control. She knew and understood that politicians could be fickle people, their egos far bigger than even their wallets and agendas, and could only hope that they'd see their peoples interests over their own when the Sith came knocking on their doorstep.

Following Valery out of the meeting room she couldn't help shoving a hand in one of her pockets and heaving a sigh at the other woman's inquiry. In truth she didn't have an answer for the woman that she honestly thought was optimistic, as long as she'd been in the mercenary business she always saw the less savory side of things. Instead of letting that notion grip her, however, sensing a hopefulness from the other woman's tone, she moved around the other woman and stood between her and the exit.

"I think that when it comes down to it, they'll seek the help they want." She explained as she took as confident and positive a tone and posture as she could before letting herself relax moments later and back towards the door with a more inviting and casual demeanor washing over her body language. "It's out of our hands for now though, so how about you and I go do something fun to kill this tension? I should have a couple bottles of Corellian whiskey left from my last mission."

She wasn't overly aware of just how Jedi went about relaxing in their free time, nor did she know the extent of the woman's familial obligations, all she knew was that this gorgeous and overworked woman across from her deserved as much a break from the monotony of saving the galaxy. If she could provide her a little bit of that than she would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom