Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Eyes turned to her, the enigmatic and blank stare lingering when she spoke of healing the body.

"You can heal the damages?" It spoke finally, the words the only perceived inclination of emotion as its head turned to the Architect.

"We do not need to transfer the shards. The biological body can be sav-"

The Architect turned to face the pair, the yellow eyes void of emotion as a needle emerged from its manipulators.

"The biological is providing false information. The experiment has never shown viable results from attempting neurological reconstruction. Your programming has been compromised, you will submit to a full diagnostic when the shards have been recovered." The Architect angrily hummed before turning back to Fel's body and aiming the needle for her neck.

She was twitching all the while, hands flexing and nostrils flaring. The sudden jerk of her head and the tensing of muscles could be seen as well. Her feet would curl against the boots, leg spasms along with full body tensing causing the Architect to hesitate.

Red Eye moved, the mandible clamping down on the needle arm and turning to face the Architect with its whole body.

"We do not have access to current information regarding galactic medical practices. Fel-" Red Eye began to argue as the Architect attempted to pull free.

"See-seventy-one and the enclosed shards will be recovered and transferred according to procedure and the sleeve disposed of. There is no recovering after significant neurological damage has occurred. " The Architect snapped back, still caught in the vice grip Red Eye had on it.

Though Ingird was keeping her attention diverted, a hazy image would appear as Fel guided Ingrid down past the surface level thoughts and beyond the stormy wall that protected her inner most mind. It would feel as though numerous eyes were watching her while they moved forward, unseen but present as Fel held her tight.

"Just through here!" Fel's informed her, the sweet tone she usually spoke in now excited and anxious. "I've done this before. The Architect told me I have to...well...maybe not...but I can do this! I just need to convince them but they won't listen!"

The deep lavender and flashes of stormy white would eventually fade as the image switched now to a meadow. Trees forming at varying stages of life, some small saprilings while others seemed perfect for climbing. One stood as large as the trees of Kashyyyk, towering in the distance some ways into the small collection.

Another, not nearly as large but standing above the rest was beside it, its canopy extending further out than that of a normal tree as the largest tree seemed bare comparatively.

This was as close to the center of Fel's mind as they could reach before beginning to damage it, and the feeling of eyes on them only seemed to become more noticeable as she pointed to a small gathering of three trees near the edge of the place.

Distinctly out of place, the roots of these three thrummed with angry energy. The exposed lifelines darker in color and passing between the trees surrounding the largest two and out of sight.

"Hey! Get out here! We weren't done yet!" Fel hissed as she stood between the three and looked at them in turn. Three forms would appear, all the same as the body that had guided her here. A group of Fel's standing and looking to one another before looking to Ingrid.

"These are the other shards with me right now. We aren't very...imaginative. This is really the only form we know. And the easiest." The original informed her with a shrug. Waving a hand to the others. The trees surrounding them swayed in a non-existent breeze, a hum of lively energy filling the area as more images of Felmorante appeared in the limbs of those trees.

There was one per tree, and beyond the line of trees at the edge seemed a healthy gathering of them that extended beyond as the trunks of each hid parts of the next behind it. Most of those Ingird could see appeared older in form, perhaps having matured beyond the original that stood before Ingrid.

Last edited:
Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
qEywBXy.png
Objective: Find and save Felmorante
Equipment: The Soulsabers | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
Tag(s): Felmorante L'lerim Felmorante L'lerim
dRUm20K.png
[ If I Had a Heart ]
<"High Nelvaanian"> | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

In reality, things didn't go well because the Architect was not convinced that what Ingrid said was possible. She looked at the droid with a stiff look. Since Fel's body was not in good condition, Ingrid grew new arms after a short concentration and tried to professionally grab the girl with them so as not to suffer further injuries.

"Yes, her body is healable!" she declared.

However, the Architect still wanted to kill the girl and did not listen to either Ingrid or Red Eyes. As he approached the girl with the needle, the other droid acted in vain; Ingrid acted as well. She tried to concentrate the Force around the Architect, then she tried smashed it with telekinetics and tore it into small pieces. It was just a machine; and no machine can command her. If telekinetics would not be enough, she tries to destroy the droid with the lightsaber. If she succeeds, she looks at the Red Eyes.

"I start her healing!" she said and reached out to the Force, then began to use her own life force to completely heal the girl’s physical body.

At the same time, in addition to the shared attention, Ingrid also paid attention to things in the world of the mind. Where Fel and the others were. She looked through an environment that seemed quite peaceful. If in reality you managed to stop Architect, she says the following:

"You don't have to be afraid of him anymore, I destroyed it. In reality, your body is in a very bad condition. I started the healing, you will be fine soon, all of you, it only takes a minute or two." she promised.

She waited a few moments because she still had something to say.

"The Architect said the shards began to merge. I’m trying to fix this with the Force, too, but I don’t know the species, so I don’t know if it works. The body will be fine, I hope this will stop the process."

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

"No-" Red Eye began to argue with the Architect before watching the scene before it. Red Eye had seen the force be used by Felmorante once before, when it had been retrieving her.

And that had been enough to earn a note in its programming about disarming the girl before she could use it. Red Eye watched the old droid slowly crumple and turn into little more than a hunk of metal beneath it's mandible, dropping the former lead after the weight threatened to rip off the arm.

"You will need all relevant data." Red Eye informed her, walking over to the console before enabling it's plug before accessing the systems. It seemed strangely quiet now. Focused on it's task.

The news of the Architects demise did not sit well with the three sapling bodies. All wide eyed and staring at Ingrid before tensing and showing visible anger. The roots of the trees behind them darkened in color, the trail of their connection bright against the clear and pleasant air of the atmosphere.

Fel's body in the real word screamed as her legs became motionless.

YOU ARE A LIAR FELMORANTE!" One of them screamed, trying to run back to their tree as the body next to Ingrid extended a hand. They struggled against the direct pull of the force, a grimace appearing on her face as the others struggled to break free.

"If you had just listened to what-!" Fel struggled to speak calmly, the other three thrashing violently as her hand slowly closed around them.

"You said we had a choice!" Another yelled, causing a small but remorseful smile to appear.

"You did, until you hurt me." She informed them, the hand closing tightly as the three forms disappeared. The trees remained, the roots shifting back to their original form before slowly withering and dying.

The figures in the trees disappeared at the final display, left Ingrid and Felmorante alone before the pair were slowly pushed back into the surface layers of her mind. They were not thrown or tossed as one might expect. A platform beneath them slowly ushering them back out once more as Felmorante clung to Ingrid with desperation.

The connection slowly broke, the girl curling into herself as she let go of Ingrid, sobbing and berating herself as everything returned to the real.

The healing process was not fought off, and the mind was present as Red Eye began to encrypt all relevant data for Felmorante onto an external source. Her body stopped twitching as the healing began to work, the labored breathing switching to an easy rhythm before a sharp gasp had her waking and scanning the room.

"Aunty!" She yelped, trying to rise from the cradle Ingrid had her in. Her midsection did not move, her arms propping her upper half carefully but awkwardly as she stared at her legs before her.

Her eyes were already puffy and red, and became filled with tears as she clung to the woman and pleaded. The last time she had woke in this state, she had been made to sleep, and emerged in a new body after being in a dark and lonely place.

"Please! Please don't make me go to sleep! I can still do stuff! I can-I can still help! I'll be good! I'll listen!" The girl begged, her legs not moving as her cries became desperate.

Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud, Archon of the Primyn Group
Empress of Terraris, Supreme Commander of the Terraris Command, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium
qEywBXy.png
Equipment: The Soulsabers | Brynja coat and hat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | G1 OmniLink | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland
dRUm20K.png
[ If I Had a Heart ]

It was striking even to Ingrid that Architect’s demise had caused a change in the Red Eyes' behaviour. They may have been in some kind of hive consciousness or in a common network. She didn’t really care much about it currently because Fel was the most important and that the girl was okay or not. She also tried to pay attention to the droid because she didn’t want it to cause any trouble.

"How much data is involved?" she asked.

The trouble started more in Felmorante's mind, where the other Shards weren't exactly friendly and weren't happy with what Ingrid was doing in the real world. This was a bit confusing for the woman as she had been trying to protect them so far. But apparently the Shards began to become attached to Architect over the years. There was a change in the world of the mind, and inconveniences began in the real world as well.

Ingrid immediately noticed that her legs were no longer moving. The others in her mind were gone, it seemed she was in control again, but the connection was also lost. She could no longer encourage and calm the girl inside her mind. As the attack ended, Ingrid's extra hands disappeared. When the girl fully awoke, her heart broke from the reactions she received. Yes, the woman was brittle and distant almost always, but she was able to feel emotions towards the few people who were important to her.

And Felmorante was one of them. She gently hugged her and squeezed her with maternal care while soothingly stroking her back.

"You’re not going to sleep, the Red Eyes and I were just trying to help you avoid having to sleep. The Architect can no longer hurt you, ever. From now on, I'll take care of you, Fel. I promise!" she said in a reassuring voice.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

The droid continued working without arguing. It had failed a secondary goal that had been placed in its programming. Though it had not failed the primary, it was still pushing back the chain reaction that it had been programmed to initiate upon the Architect's demise.

"All the data will be transferred for your own use in case of future issues. Likely nothing compared to modern systems. A few gigabytes." Red Eye informed her as it compiled the data in its own core before turning to address them both.

There was a hopeful look that broke the sobbing as Fel dared to glance up at Ingrid. A deep inhale and a shuddered breath broke the glass built calm as she buried herself into the embrace and cried.

Joy dominated the air around her.

Anguish flew away as a bird leaving the nest. Anger and bitterness shortly behind it as her hands tightened on the cloth Ingrid wore. As though the woman would suddenly dissapear if she didn't hold fast.

"I must ask that you take Felmorante and exit the facility. The Architect's destruction has begun a failsafe that I cannot override." Red Eye informed her, photoreceptors glancing between the two as it held Fel's helmet for her along with a data core.

qEywBXy.png
dRUm20K.png
[ If I Had a Heart ]

Ingrid continued to embrace, comforting Fel, not letting go of her. In the meantime, she continued to watch the droid, who was soon done with the work. It really wasn’t a big data that she got and she took it from the droid. The woman felt innumerable feelings, especially the joy that came from Fel's direction. She thought the only problem from now could be compatible problems with the data. But she'll learn this soon.

"She doesn't need it, we leave in a different way." she said.

This, in turn, could really explain why the Red Eyes began to behave differently. The red-haired woman still thought the other droid might be in control. However, time was running out.

"I need to open the rift into the Netherworld to get out of here. We're going home from there." she said in a reassuring voice.

She let go of the girl, then reached out to the Force, drew various runes with her hands, and also uttered a few words of ur-Kittât. The result was that a rift two meters high and the same width opened into the Sanctuary area. Ingrid stepped back to Felmorante and picked her up unless she objected. In this case, she walks over to safety with her.

If Red Eyes also wants and is able to come, it is time to follow them. The rift only closes about a minute later.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

There was a curious whizzing from the droid as it processed what she said. Looking about the room before settling on watching her.

"Curious." Red Eye spoke quietly as it watched.

Fel would finally let loose when Ingrid informed her of their way home. At least long enough to let her perform the ritual as the droid looked between the pair as the rift opened.

The droid would watch the pair pass through as Fel glanced to the droid, a mix of worry and confusion on her face at the thing that had for so long been a boogeyman to her.

It hadn't tried to take her from Ingird. Even seemed to be helping her as it disappeared from view.

There was a quiet and stillness that dominated the air in those brief seconds between them leaving and Red Eye looking at the scrap heap of the Architect.

<<"Agents of Chaos vessel. Disembark and return to the Scintilla. The Empress has traveled through what she called a Nether Rift. The facility will self destruct shortly.">> Red Eye patched into the system one last time as an affirmative came back from the ship. It lingered only long enough to cut off its connection as it sent the message.

"I wish to continue functioning."

A loud grating rung through the facility as Red Eye stepped through the portal. It had failed its secondary goal, but had not failed the first yet.

BW6eRlw.png
Equipment: Hersir Imperial Uniform | The Last Gift || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
dRUm20K.png
[ If I Had a Heart ]

~ Few days later ~

A few days later they were on Kalidan. Red Eyes, if they wanted, received a new modern droid body and even their software has been updated to be compatible for contemporary systems and to think more quickly and process data faster.

As for Fel, she was now surrounded by the best doctors and received the best possible care. She was home again. If she wanted to, she was treated in her own room instead of the infirmary. Ingrid had been busy in recent days, but whenever she had the time and opportunity, she visited the girl. One of her first things, of course, was that she also sent a message to Dimitrij, saying they had returned home and had not disappeared.

She was still busy with her own things that day morning as well, including studying data from Red Eyes when MANIAC signalled to her that Felmorante had woken up. Then she went to the girl to see how she was, entered the room and greeted the girl.

"How are you feeling this morning?" she asked.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Red Eye opted for modernization and spent the next few days immersing itself into the modern galaxy at large. So much had come to pass, and it intended to learn all that it could.

Fel opted for her own room, falling into a deep slumber when left alone to visit that secret place in her mind to mourn the loss she had caused by her own hand. Outwardly she showed no signs of guilt, keeping it tightly locked and hidden.

Time seemed to slip away and days blended into each other. Awake. Asleep. Awake. Visited by Ingrid. Then she would leave. Asleep once more as the cycle repeated itself.

One morning stood out as she woke, staring outside as she rubbed her legs slowly, willing sensation back into them with no success as Ingrid made herself known.

The morose and bland energy was quickly tucked away, similar to sweeping dust beneath a rug before small if forced snippets of more pleasant feelings took there place. She smiled and gave herself a moment to think.

"Alright? I don't know if I'm still tired or just over-sleeping. Kind of hungry. And you?" She finally informed before asking much the same of Ingrid.

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png
[ If I Had a Heart ]

Ingrid sensed through the Force that everything was wrong with Fel, but she didn't want to be intrusive, so she didn't ask the girl anything. She knew that in many cases it could only worsen her condition, so she didn’t force it. So just remarked to her several times that if the girl wanted to talk or she wanted to tell what was hurting her, the woman was always here, she could turn to her anytime she wanted. But she said too everything was up to the girl.

The red-haired woman regretted that Fel's legs had not yet been healed, but she had not given up hope and consulted with many doctors about it; the Empress did not intend to give it up later either. She walked closer to her bed, pulled out a chair, and sat down.

"You may still be exhausted. And breakfast can be easily arranged." she smiled. "MANIAC, send a hearty breakfast to Felmorante’s room."

She ordered the AI to do so. A few minutes and the droids bring up breakfast.

"I'm fine, but I want to talk to you about something. More exactly about you. Lord Tubrok and I have talked a lot about you in recent days." she started.

She took a moment's break, not much, Ingrid didn't want her to start worrying.

"We have come to the decision that in order to take better care of you, we want to adopt you. If you want too." she said.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Fel nodded at the mention of breakfast being brought and sat up better, using overhead slings to prop herself up in a more comfortable spot. The droids delivered and she had begun setting into the meal when Ingrid made mention of speaking to Lord Tubrok about her.

It was instant panic that settled into her mind first and foremost. The same measuring stick that she had used in her life as a clone came rushing to the forefront as she made to speak before Ingrid continued on. Likely sensing the flash of panic and moving to disarm it. What came next had the thoughts of being sent away somewhere or even being kept hidden fleeing for the metaphorical hills.

Blinking, she seemed to slump against the wall, mouth slightly ajar at the idea.

She moved to speak, and closed her mouth as the idea filled her mind and settled. Wide eyed and staring at the woman she had called Aunt for the longest time, the idea of calling her mother or some variant seemed altogether easy and intimidating in the same breath. Her eyes settled onto her hands, lain in her lap for a long moment.

Was she good enough for this? Would she make the woman proud of this choice? What was-

"Yes." The words poured out as if another had taken control. Blinking she looked up to Ingrid with hopefulness. With cautious excitement. "I...I do want this. I mean. If that's-if that's what you want. Me I mean."

She couldn't stop the glance down to her legs, frustratingly useless for the moment.

"I don't want to be a burden. I'll get better. I'll..." She struggled to explain, to find words. Fel wanted to be what she had been before. Capable, able, even just to be able to function without worry.

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png
[ If I Had a Heart ]

Yes, Ingrid immediately felt the panic when it appeared in the girl. But that was precisely why she continued quickly, what he wanted to say so as not to accidentally cause trouble with her words. She had no idea what the girl might be thinking, but she also knew that if someone started talking the way she did, it was usually not a pleasant topic what follow it. Now that was exceptional. That is, she hoped. The truth is, Ingrid didn't do that many times.

Of course, it has happened more than once over the centuries, millennia, that someone has been admitted to the Clan L’lerim, but in the time of the woman, such a thing has not happened yet. Until now. She waited patiently for Fel to process what Ingrid had told her. The red-haired woman didn't know if she wanted to accept it or not. After all, this could potentially endanger her if someone wants to wipe out the House L'lerim.

In the end, though, she said yes, and Ingrid smiled kindly. The kind smile made her much more human; so it seemed that she was indeed capable of emotion and not just the brittle woman as she was called by others.

"If I didn’t want that, I wouldn’t have asked." she tried to reassure her.

If she let, she took her hand and shook her own head after Fel's words.

"You'll never be a burden, never! And the family is about not leaving the other even in a difficult situation, but helping and supporting each other. You will be healed, we will do everything for it, together. But if you don’t, you won’t be a burden either, and we will always, in everything, support you! I promise!" she said softly.

If Fel let to her, Ingrid leaned closer to the girl and put an encouraging kiss on her forehead, then sat back down.

"Everything will be fine!" she promised.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

She opened her mouth to speak about Ingrid wanting something before she just simply smiled instead. A warm and accepting air about her as she listened intently. Holding Ingrid's hand was pleasant, contact that didn't promise pain or some kind of reason beyond just needing comfort.

Tears stung her eyes at the words of reassurance. A wobbly smile that had her sniffling a little as she blinked away the urge to cry more. She leaned in as Ingrid did, the sentiment not lost on her as she took her free hand and wiped her eyes as best she could. She managed to smile without letting herself cry still as she looked to the woman with a small laugh.

"So...heh. Shouldn't call you mom on missions, huh?" She managed to joke as she sniffled and blinked more. A joke about their first meeting with the rabbit robots and chocolate factory.

A deep steadying breath was taken to bolster control over the want to cry for feeling of being wanted and welcome somewhere. It was something she had never realized she had wanted for herself. And here it was, planted in her lap.

"Thank you." She managed finally, wiping her eyes again.

BW6eRlw.png
dRUm20K.png
[ If I Had a Heart ]

Ingrid waited patiently for Fel to calm down. She was happy about the fact that she received this so well, as did the situation, and did not oppose it all. After all, the woman could not know whether the girl wanted to stay deWinter or not. Did she feel comfortable here at all or not. But the reactions revealed that they did. The red-haired woman smiled and shook her head at the question.

"No, and you don't have to call me a mother at all, "Aunty" will still be appropriate if you think it's better for you." she said.

In fact, it was unusual for the woman, even from Adrian and Eina, to call her mother, but also from Eyjolf. There were things she had a hard time getting used to; among other things, this was part of it. But yes, in a public place, as always, etiquette was primary, meaning Ingrid did not refer to her children as "my son" or "my daughter", but as the Lady, Lord and their name, or simply Princess and/or Prince. In front of others, when she referred to her husband or husbands, she mentioned them not only by their name, but by Lord Tubrok or Lord Ragal; and Adrian was always Lord Vandiir, or Darth Prospero.

These were things she had already learned as a kid and couldn't or want to change about it.

"And no, the protocol is still a protocol. You know it’s hard for me to deviate from it and I also expect my children and you of course, to act according to etiquette and protocol when we’re not in a private situation but others see and hear us." she added this to her former words.

This was even new to the woman, I mean, that there were quite a lot of time gaps for her, while she spent decades at Netherworld, only days passed in Realspace. It was hard to get used to motherhood, especially if she had to show up in front of others and not just with your family.

"What do you want to do today?" she asked Fel.

YbCOyAa.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom