Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Favorite Major Faction

Got it from Tefka Tefka 's thread. All props to him for giving me the idea.

I was wondering what's your favorite major faction.

For me, it will always be the One Sith. It was my first faction that I joined(iirc) and it was the most fun I had writing in the board. I've also found it to be the best of the Sith factions in my opinion, although granted, I haven't written a Sith in years.

MANDALORIAN CRUSADERS DAWG

tenor.gif

Favorite faction that I've participated in? The Galactic Republic of 2016(?) and it's not even close.

That I wasn't involved in, I also really liked the Commonwealth, which unfortunately never really reached close to its full potential.

As a third party, I always thoroughly enjoyed the narratives and writing of those in the first iteration of the First Order. Especially in invasions, they were able to create exceptionally solid, cohesive stories that were simply unparalleled even by today's standards.

Last edited:

Gial Goldarr

G
I have to say I love the Bryn simply because they're not a reskin or reimagining of what has already been done. Rather they're something pretty unique and entirely homegrown on Choas. Its an aspect of Uniqueness I adore even if I'm not a member of the faction

One Sith.

No, not the Mandalorian factions that I'm also pretty biased towards and at times even led myself. Nah, One Sith takes the cake by a mile for me.

I got involved later on when Invasion discussions got heated and filibustery, as a cooler head to try and lower the temperature.

But my favorite part was the very strong leadership from the start, far before I ever joined. Other Sith factions were developing and trying to get recognition, but One Sith made very strong and bold decisions that set them apart and began to suck the air out of their Sith competition. For perspective, I believe they were a Minor faction for some 4-5 months (maybe 6) before they finally erupted on the map in the biggest of ways.

1) Vengeance on the Republic for defeating the OG Sith Empire. Never waver. Keep your eye on the ball.

2) No Discord. No Skype. No chat. We’re here to roleplay. We’re here to immerse. Oh our members want a Discord? No. Roleplay or go sit on the sidelines and witness me. Only when leadership changed in the faction did they cave, well after the war. I remember asking them early on if they had one and the answer was a modest, simple "nah." It kinda wow'd me, tbh.

3) Coruscant. Don’t waver. We’re wrecking Coruscant, right at the heart of the Republic.

4) Roleplay to have a voice. If not, you have no say. Also, NPC Emperor. This isn’t about social heirarchy or clout chasing. Sith vengeance at it’s purest. That’s what we’re about.

That history of Chaos - from the very first Invasion of Mandalore, to the Republic finally breaking the Sith Empire, to the One Sith emerging as not only a powerhouse of revenge seemingly out of nowhere to wreck the capital of the Republic - but THE powerhouse on the map that everyone would soon have to deal with - that was premium Chaos for me. It's also one of the few times in the early days I wasn't behind the scenes trying to help a faction out, whether with advice or art or coaching "Tef's 101 How To Hype Train". We've seen more organic awesomeness from the community since, which I also enjoy, but this one particularly will sit with me as a "oh, I wouldn't have thought to run things like that." with a splash of "those guys must've been having an absolute blast."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom