Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction threads being switched over to Dominions at a high post count

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I don't feel they should retract their hard work of the other half of the would-be Dominion. No one's at fault there.

I do feel this is an avenue for abuse for others in the future, with the Ninja Dominion thing and all.

DarthDraven Lord of Draven said:
I don't feel they should retract their hard work of the other half of the would-be Dominion. No one's at fault there.

I do feel this is an avenue for abuse for others in the future, with the Ninja Dominion thing and all.
I probably should have waited 2 weeks before starting the thread. It doesn't matter anyway, it's just text on a couple of pages on a forum. Whether it gets covered by a green cloud or not doesn't really bother me, nor would I call my writing 'work'. It was, apparently, a lazy and underhanded attempt to dominion a planet at the edge of the map.

DarthDraven Lord of Draven said:

Why yes they have a lot of work in it, at the same time that work was never meant to be a dominion. Nothing is being retracted, the work is still there in its original purpose. Its a tricky subject and we have just enough rope to proverbially hang our selves.

I did not post this here because I think its an underhanded, shady attempt of malice. I merely wish to explore discussion and thoughts on this and raise awareness for all factions.

Take off the tin foil hats and drop the pitchforks, there's nobody at fault and no rules being broken here.

Netherworld

Interesting situation to be sure!

While people have raised solid points about this, I don't think the fear of stealth/ninja doms is very substantiated, in reality. How many competing doms for the same planet have we seen occur on the board outside of Netherworld (which, with 50 posts per dom, made this somewhat easier)?

Not enough to count on one hand, I'd wager.

While it's not exactly "clean-play", as one might call it, I also don't see a big issue in it. If it becomes common practice then yes, perhaps restrictions ought to be put in place to prevent such behavior.

But until then, until we are actually faced with an example of a stealth/ninja dom commited malevolently (e.g. to "out-dom" another faction without giving said faction a chance to react), I don't believe rules should be created to prevent something that has so far happened only once, and even then with no detrimental impact on any other faction.

My two credits. :)

Unlike most people in this thread, I don't think this situation is either interesting or complicated.

If the faction wants it to be a dominion let it be so. They won't get the planet unless they comply with the rules so:

That said, I don't think this should be a thing. I could do a faction thread on, say, Coruscant and then at 101 posts swap the tag to dominion and then request the planet.
Would get you laughed off the board, unless the One Sith vacated Coruscant when I wasn't watching?

Valiens Nantaris said:
Unlike most people in this thread, I don't think this situation is either interesting or complicated.

If the faction wants it to be a dominion let it be so. They won't get the planet unless they comply with the rules so:

Would get you laughed off the board, unless the One Sith vacated Coruscant when I wasn't watching?
Was using that as an example. I often just pick random planets i know the names of lol

I'm sure no malice or under-hand tactics was intended at all, and this was a little error of judgement made as we all do from time to time.

Look at it this way, the Primeval dive-bombed in the deep end of the swimming pool, didn't see the sign and got a few people wet who didn't want to do be. Little blow of the whistle from the lifeguard, a nod to the sign and the Primeval remembers the rules after getting wrapped up in the fun of swimming.

Move along and let's just keep the rule as is. :)

[member="Connor Harrison"] But the rule as is didn't indicate this was an error in judgement.

Meaning it needs a minor addendum to indicate that this sort of thing is an error in judgement.

It isn't like we did something blatantly against the rules, we just dipped our toes in the water of a something that seemed familiar and innocent enough but in actuality had no rules or bearings on it yet, hence this very discussion.

Ahhh I see.

Drat, I knew shouldn't have posted in this thread.

giphy.gif

Why should that be agreed upon. People are perceiving this as some kind of under handed nonsense. Look the reality is that ideally these things would be declared at first however if people are doing the work then they are doing the work. In the end it is a faction RP on a planet that meets a certain post count. That's literally all a dominion requires. Why should people care whether it was originally intended to be one or turned into one.

OK let me put it in this light, if i may. Imagine if someone tried to do this with a flagship, it would be underhanded would it not? Take it kind of like that where its just... idk it seems wrong to me in that aspect.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
I think fully developed threads should stay as the type thought for it, changing it later would be a little cheating in my opinion, especially changing them later to invasions and dominions.

But of course, I think that there is no harm if the change doesn't effect no one but the ones doing the thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom