Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone Loves a Party (CIS/Ask to join)

Keter

The Renegade
And so @[member="Feena Mason"] once more whisked him away into her world. He ran a hand through his hair, maintaining an air of confidence and ease. But Feena's words made him stiffen slightly, though only she would have noticed. "Of course. What is it?" he asked seriously, though his face still wore the polite smile to make sure no one realized something was wrong. Maybe Feena had noticed something he hadn't, a security breach...

The Eternal Queen
@[member="Keter"] stiffened and that made her laugh. Maybe now wasn't the right time or place to tell him. She had distinct memories of him fainting the last time she told him she was pregnant.
But then again, she didn't think this time would be nearly as much of a shock. He must have expected this, at least on some level. She would have to warm him up to the idea first, of course.

"Oh, Relax. I just wanted to talk about one of the spare bed rooms. The one down the hall from Felicity's room," she reached for his hand and placed it on her waist, "I want to have it cleaned out completely and painted. How do you feel about that room? Or do you think something closer to our bedroom would be better?"

Keter

The Renegade
Keter was far from stupid, but he wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind to realize what @[member="Feena Mason"] was implying. He tilted his head to one side curiously as they began to dance, gently moving with the music that was playing now. "Why?" he asked innocently, "We had no real use of that room...what have you thought of?"

The Eternal Queen
She didn't answer right away, but she did offer a smile. Let him think about it for a moment. But when he didn't seem to catch on, she grew impatient.

"We're going to need it," she answered, taking his hand once again, "Soon."

In the middle of the dance floor, she stopped and carefully guided his hand to her stomach.

"Please don't faint this time."

@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"] placed his hand on her stomach, and he sensed it. He nearly jerked his hand back in surprise, as if burnt, staring at her, lost for words. He was frozen for a few moments before he could speak. "Again?" Looking back, he would know that that was probably one of the stupidest thing's he had ever said.

The Eternal Queen
"Again?"

....Again!?

"Did I marry an idiot? Yes, again," she hissed, "Do I have to explain how this happens? Do you need a biology lesson?"

It was hard not to want to just slap him, but then, what would her guests think of her? Perhaps she was overestimating how much her sweet husband would be pleased by this news. Not everybody was made for parenthood. Still, they had talked about this before. They had agreed to expand the family. Why was he looking at her like that?

"Isn't this what we were trying for?" she asked, lowering her voice, "Isn't this a good thing? Aren't you happy?"

@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"] was visibly annoyed, but Keter shook his head with a smile, leaning forward to kiss her. "Of course I'm happy. But you surprise me and expect me not to be surprised?" he asked, hoping she would see his point. The blond took her hand and led her from the dance floor (best not get in the way of others having fun after all). "Just...well, you chose a brilliant time to reveal it," he remarked with another shake of his head. "Now rather than focusing on security I'm going to be wondering whether Felicity will have a brother or a sister..."

The Eternal Queen
All the annoyance she had felt just seconds ago melted away when he kissed her. He was happy. That was all she needed to hear.

"Stop worrying about security!" she snapped as he led her from the dance floor, "I would never invite someone over if I did not trust them, love. Just relax."
He did have a point. Feena had not even considered how she would tell Felicity. How could you explain the concept of babies and pregnancy to a girl that young? And she had certainly not considered the gender of the baby, not that she cared much. Boy or girl, she would be equally pleased, but she did wonder what Keter wanted.
Then there was the issue of her job. Would she still be able to do it? Would the pregnancy get in the way? Some of the work that she did was pretty dangerous...
Maybe she should hire a body guard after all.

"@[member="Keter"]?" she asked, moving close and lacing her arms around the back of his neck, "Are you going to tell the others?"

Keter

The Renegade
The blond let himself be guided from the dance floor into a shadowed corner. So unlike Feena to move away from the spotlight. Keter smirked before shaking his head. "Not just yet. I think it best to break it to them gently once this is over." And leaving their reactions safely away from public viewing. Best not embarrass Feena by any potential outbursts from his family. "And when will you declare this glorious state of events to your friends?"

The Eternal Queen
"I think I'll tell them once they have the first Sanctuary paid for. Best not to give anyone an excuse not to follow me."

It was a bit sneaky of her, but she knew how quickly minds could be changed. She was under the impression that people trusted her now because they thought she was strong. They counted on her. If she gave them an excuse to be concerned, she might lose everything.
Of course, she was being quite paranoid. She didn't quite realize it, but there were other, more important reasons that her people followed her and it had nothing to do with her strength.

"Of course, I'm sure that my little secret will be out soon enough. I work with force users, after all."

@[member="Keter"]

Keter

The Renegade
He hugged his wife then, planting a kiss on her forehead. "That's my girl," he said with a grin. Maybe he was rubbing off on her, just a little bit. She wouldn't usually be this sneaky. Not that she couldn't be - she was a masterful manipulator after all. "So...you picked out names yet?" he asked, heading for the buffet table. "And you'll always do this won't you? Springing such news on me when I'm least expecting it?"

The Eternal Queen
"And you'll always do this won't you? Springing such news on me when I'm least expecting it?"

"Always," she answered, walking with him, resting her hand on his arm, "If it's a boy, I would like to name him after my brother, Zaiden. But if it's a girl... What was your sisters name again?"

Keter

The Renegade
That made him stop in his tracks. Damn. She ALWAYS did this. It took him a moment to recover, and he adopted a smile as he looked at her. "Celeste. Her name was Celeste." He hadn't thought of her in a while...he had nearly forgotten his true family. The family that had been taken from him. He swiftly isolated those thoughts and pushed them to one aprt of his mind. There would be time for guilt after the party. "And Zaiden would be an...interesting name."

The Eternal Queen
"Celeste... Celeste..." Feena tried out the name, felt it on her lips, "I love it. Celeste it is then, should we have a girl."

She had seen the way he froze. It must have been difficult to think of her again. He would probably not like her idea to name their next daughter after her. But Feena was very set on it. He could not keep pushing the bad away. He would have to face it some day.

And if it was a boy, then at least Zaiden would be happy. Truthfully, she had not honestly liked the name much, but this way both of their siblings would be equal.

Keter

The Renegade
Keter was quiet for a moment before laughing. "She'd probably love that my daughter would be named after her. Totally makes up for naming a star destroyer after her. I bet she would have pouted at that..." he sighed, though he was still smiling. His expression became a tad wistful as he glanced down at the floor, as if he could look through it, through the planet itself, across the stars. "You know...I've been thinking of going to visit them lately," he added softly, as if unsure of the words himself.

The Eternal Queen
He was alright with it? Feena felt like throwing another victory party just for this occasion. She would call it a 'Keter did not throw a fit at my suggestion to name our next daughter after his dead sister' party. His laugh made her smile. It always made her smile.
But now he had gone silent again and that worried her. Why was he looking down like that?
"@[member="Keter"]?"

"You know...I've been thinking of going to visit them lately,"

"...Them? Do you mean your family?" she asked uncertainly, placing a careful hand on his shoulder, "Do they.... have graves to visit?"

And it was that time of the party where Circe was wondering where the hell Feena had wandered off too. She turned, raising an eyebrow at @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"].

"Have you any idea where our hostess has gone?"

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"]
He shook his head before answering. "No. There were never any bodies to bury. None I ever found at least..." he said, trailing off into silence. He knew full well what would have happened to the bodies. Scavengers and corpsetakers. Nothing was sacred on Hutta after all. "But I know where we lived, and I know I can see them there."

Force echoes.
Weak and pale imitations, often drowned out by the sheer tides moving and shifting throughout Hutta. But they were there nonetheless.

The Eternal Queen
Feena was having trouble thinking of what to say to him. How could she make this better? How could she possibly help? She was also so curious about them, this family of his that she would never meet. Her in-laws that she would never know.

"If you go, may I come with you?"

She bit her lip, sure that his answer would be no. Still, if there was a chance that he would let her, she wanted to be there for him if she could.

@[member="Keter"]

Vorhi mused thoughtfully after a while, enjoying the dance, but laughing. He raised an eyebrow at Polarine's question. "I'm afraid I tend to focus more on my dance partners," he said with a chuckle. He looked over his shoulder and smirked. "Ahh, over by the buffet table. Go say hello," he said, moving into a teasing, quick twirl and releasing her with some momentum in a direction slightly to the left of Feena. Never let it be said he didn't know how to break up a number as quickly as starting it.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom