Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone Loves a Party (CIS/Ask to join)

Coop shifted uncomfortably in his cheap 'new to him' suit. The fabric of the coat felt like sandpaper on the outside, and the undershirt wasn't a whole lot less itchy. He double checked his breast pocket to make sure the invitation was still there. He needed this to go well and do what he could to stay away from the bar. With any luck the kinds of friends he could make here would get him paying work.

Coop jumped when off in the side yard an X-wing flew down like a paper airplane caught in a whirlwind. It 'landed' in a tree and the pilot seemed to hustle off to the party un-phased. Coop moved in to take a look at the machine. Upon a brief inspection he got out his communicator and buzzed the astromech aboard his salvage ship. "M2-T3, I need you to run a serial number for an X-wing for me, XC85B-5B4V9-3M58F-6JG8J-6UH8B." After a pause the astromech whistled back a short reply in binary. "That's what I thought, stolen. Listen, log my current coordinates and do a quick and quiet flyby in the cargo skiff to pull the thing out of the tree. Looks like most of the damage is superficial. It needs a new frame and the data links from the instrument panels to the rest of the ship are toast. No sense leaving it for the authorities to lock up in evidence when we can sell it." The droid whistled back a short affirmative and Coop walked in through the front door.

Eddie

E
Eddie watched Coop walk in, and followed, but this time, he knocked on the door before coming in to let people know he's coming. "Meh, if I can get a newer ship to leave this party with, perhaps I'll stop crashing."

The Eternal Queen
Feena smiled once again at @[member="Daxton Bane"] and motioned to her husband and daughter.

"Have I introduced you, Mister Bane? My husband, @[member="Keter"]. And this is my daughter, Felciity."

The girl once again bowed, feeling a little more like a doll than a girl. Would she be doing nothing else this whole entire night?

"Please, there is no need for formalities. After all we are among friends. Please call me Daxton. Mister Bane, makes me look over my shoulder to see if my father is around." He chided her good naturely.

"A pleasure to meet you both." He greeted them both, then unexpectedly, he bent down so he could be eye level with the young woman seeing and recognizing the look she unconsciously gave, whispering conspiratorially to her, "So tell me what do you do for fun around here?"

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Keter

The Renegade
Bane...the name seemed familiar to Keter, but he could not place it. Still, the guests were proving to be quite taken with Felicity, which made the blond smile. He had been afraid Feena would be too occupied with her work mode self to realize that she was somewhat neglecting her daughter. Still, the people she knew would make sure to make Felicity's first ball not as awkward or boring as he feared, or so he hoped.

@[member="Pandeima"]

He chuckled and nodded. "Hmm, I need a drink," he said with a nod to the Guildmaster and Keter cheerily as he walked to bar, grabbing one and smiling. When he noticed a woman. Green dress, well-tailored. dressed to kill and alone? Go figure. He walked over, smirking. "Slink much deeper into the shadows and you might end up being one," he said with a playful chuckle.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Vorhi," he said with a small bow towards the woman. "So, you enjoying the shindig thus far?" Even for him, this kind of conversation was a little force. Official ambassador of the CIS, master of seven langauges and twenty forms of planetary etiquette--and he still walked up to pretty younger women at formal events with all the grace of a sack of bricks.

"Who says I'm not a shadow in color?" She eyed the CIS ambassador over, with very little to say. After all, though she had officially returned to the CIS, tensions were most certainly still high in regards to her relationship with others.

"Likewise. Name's Polarine." She paused, giving a small bow in return. "It's been... fun. Somewhat lonely."

@[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

The Eternal Queen
Fun? Felicity looked around, a little unsure of how to answer.

"I color," she finally answered, "I think that's fun, right?"
She looked at her mother expectantly, but Feena was frowning. The fact that her girl didn't quite know what fun was, well, it upset her a bit. She was biting her lip as she looked to keter. How could she be failing this much as a parent?

"@[member="Keter"]? I don't think Felicity has had her first dance yet."

She was trying to suggest something to him. Dance with his daughter and give Feena the chance to greet her guests.

Sighing Sophia mingled though the crowd. She wasn't exactly a party person but she thought that this may be a good way to meet other members of CIS. She rarely drank but right now she really could use a drink just to loosen up a little. Sophia didn't know anybody here and she was nervous so that didn't help either. She used to be a social butterfly but lately she found herself more cautious around people.

Grabbing herself a drink Sophia found an empty table that gave her a good view of the rest of the guests at the party. If she wasn't going to talk to anyone she could at least people watch which she enjoyed doing. The way one conducted themselves said a lot about the type of person they were.

After long days of duty of moving supplies, filling out forms and all the daily tasks of a Captain in the service of the CIS's navy, Toram had decided to make an appearance, in full regalia at the recently publicized get-together that was being hosted by the highly esteemed Feena Mason. The only reason Toram decided to dust off his old dress-pressure suit was purely based upon reputation and the feeling that he found that without SOME sociability he would never advance from his hum-drum position as a Flag-Officer of a transport ship. Thus brimming in full-shiny-metallic regalia that was his dress uniform and pressure-suit, he quietly entered the crowded party-room trying to give off as reverant of an air that could be achieved by the likes of himself. It wasn't everyday a Skakoan strayed from work let alone show up to a party!

((OOC: I just joined the CIS!))

Keter

The Renegade
@[member="Feena Mason"]

If he had had eyebrows, they would have risen. Instead, he just nodded. "True...though I don't think she is much of a dancer," he whispered conspirationally, prompting his daughter to huff and poke him in the thigh. Keter winced in mock pain, still smiling as he looked down at his princess.

"I can dance! Just like mommy! K taught me!" she stated, looking at her mother with eager eyes. "Want to see?" she asked, grabbing her father's hand.

The blond smirked slightly as he looked at his wife. "Well, it appears a young lady has ensnared me for the night Queen," he stated dryly. "Though try not to judge her too harshly. I doubt any of your...coworkers brought their children along."

The Eternal Queen
Feena smiled warmly, watching her daughter pull at her Father towards the dance floor.

"Very well. How could i ever hope to compete with her? " Feena sighed in mock defeat, "But you owe me at least one dance tonight, Keter Mason. As your Queen, I absolutely command it."

With that, she turned, smiled and nodded once more to
@[member="Daxton Bane"], then went off to greet the next guest she caught sight of. @[member="Sophia Walsh"], although Feena did not quite know her relation to Feenas oldest friend, was sitting alone off to the side. She looked so... bored. That was simply unacceptable at her party.

"Are you enjoying yourself Miss?" Feena inquired, smiling bright as a star, "I certainly hope so."

Veret Jun

V
"I guess, I'm not sure exactly how I'm supposed to feel, this whole 'fancy' party isn't the kind I've been to before." He stated, stopping at an open table and pulling out chairs for them both. He then sat down in one and looked to @[member="Kara Avoyos"]. "So, are you enjoying the party?" Jun questioned with a smirk, biting in to the first puffcake with delight. They were just as good as he remembered, straight up deliciousness packed into one small little cake, that made Veret go wild.

Coop let the front door close behind him gently and took his first look around the room. It was nice. Very nice. He liked the chandelier, it went well with both the room and the festivities. He nodded with a look of positive appraisal at it the turned his attention to the people in the room. If he hadn't known any better he would have thought a Hutt was having a gathering for his mercenaries in here. In an instant Coop felt much more comfortable in his own skin and started looking for the hostess that he may get introductions out of the way before meeting possible business partners. He saw in the distance a lovely young woman that fit the description he'd been given of a Feena Mason when he'd received the invitation. He began walking over to her in a swift but jovial manner to introduce himself.

Daxton smiled and nodded to his host as he watched the father and daughter head to the dance floor. So that was his child, strange that the dossier failed to mention that fact. Nor did it mention who the mother was. This could complicate things for his little project. Ah but what experiment truly went through without random variables. He would simply have to remind his people the price for incomplete data.

Snagging a champagne flute from a passing waiter, he sipped the bubbly drink as he scanned the crowd present to see who else might be lurking about that would draw his interest.

Sophia perked up quite a bit when Feena came her way. She knew the Jedi Master as her mother's best friend which meant that Sophia had to behave more than ever now or it would somehow get back to her mother. She didn't want anybody thinking she wasn't doing alright here. She was perfectly fine, it just took some time to adjust is all.

"Master Mason, its great to see you again. You may not remember me but I'm Sophia Walsh, Kalia's oldest daughter. I think the last time I saw you I was seven."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
"Sophie!" Feena nearly squealed, looking the girl up and down with a look of complete shock, "This is the biggest surprise of the night! You've grown so much!"

Feena had the urge to order a drink for the girl and herself, but then she remembered her condition. Just a drink for 'little' Sophie then. Feena motioned for one to be brought over and then requested a glass of...seaweed juice. She could have sworn she saw the droid give her a strange looke (as much as any droid could, any way), but Feena ignored it. Instead, she turned her attention back to @[member="Sophia Walsh"]. She didn't even notice @[member="Coop"] heading her way. It was hard to notice anything else. She was finally able to connect with her dearest friend, even if it was just through Kalia's daughter.

"How is Kalia, by the way? I haven't seen her since I left the Jedi Order."

Keter

The Renegade
He was beaming down proudly at his daughter as they gently moved around the center of the grand ballroom Feena had designed. The blond was surprised his wife hadn't installed spotlights to follow her every move personally, but then again she wasn't that vain. Felicity's face was set in grim determination. She was going to pull this off flawlessly. It made Keter's smile widen to see such drive, to see so much of himself in his daughter. But there was plenty of Feena too, if she took the time to recognize it.

The music from the band was slow and gentle, and now and again Keter would glance up as they moved about the room, taking in all the details. There, @[member="Feena Mason"] talking to a young woman, registering in his sight as @[member="Sophia Walsh"]. An unknown name to him, but one seemingly very familiar to Feena, judging by her animated expression. His red eyes moved on, swirling through the sights on offer. There, Barnabus leaning against a pillar, having changed into his own commando armor after seeing how everyone was disregarding Feena's dress code. Probably envious of the armor the towering man who was keeping to the fringes. There, @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] was chatting to...@[member="Pandeima"]? The blond nearly made a face. He hoped the woman wouldn't ensnare the poor fellow into some debauchery. He wouldn't be the one to clean up after that!

Actually, that would fall to K-36215...who was by the same table, serving drinks and ordering about other droids as they came and went with meals. He didn't understand the prejudice many seemed to have against machines. They were no worse than biological servants. And they were no more nor less likely to betray you than an organic. It was just the way of the world.

Wait...where was Slevin?

Vorhi smiled and nodded. Polarine? That was the name of a Trade Guild member who wrote briefings, wasn't it? He decided that talking shop would just be boring. After all, this was his first night not being "official" in a few weeks. He smiled, the absent-minded, cordial sort of smirk most people would give right before remembering to do their laundry for the third day in a row. "No need to call by any titles, Miss Polarine. I'm quite fine with Vorhi, or Alestra if you prefer to use the formal Miralukan tongue," he said with a chuckle. "And I can hardly imagine a lovely young lady like yourself being alone for long. So tell me, how do like Imerria? Weather's a bit wild, but fun," he said with a laugh.

@[member="Pandeima"]

After wandering about the premises, listening to the slow and regal music, only one thought crossed Toram's mind: where in blazes could one find a good, hard drink around here!? He soon began sauntering about the room searching for "refreshment".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom