Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everyone Loves a Party (CIS/Ask to join)

Coop faltered when he saw the hostess engage with what appeared to be a close friend. Rather than impose, he decided to break off to one side and engage with other guests instead. While doing so he spotted a plate of appetizers being served and moved in for a bite to eat.

"Nice to meet you, Alestra." She paused, taking a sip from her drink. This was a formal occasion after all. It only made sense that she desired for formality to win out. "The planetary climate is... interesting, to say the least. It's enjoyable to a degree, yes."

She raised an eyebrow at him. If he was a Miraluka, that meant he was capable of feeling her Force aura. And he could see her darkness.

"Spectacular."

@[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Vorhi would have quirked a brow at her aura. Then again, most of the Templar were a little wilder. Hell, he gave reports to Master Bane, and he was...intense. When all you saw was a person's aura, you began to gather things about them. The force was more than just light or dark. This young lady was dark, in a sense. But not the kind of heated, intense rage that many other Sith he met tended to have. Her darkness was colder, more like a controlled burn. Powerful, but subtle. Made sense. Still, he nodded. "You get the hang of it, eventually, I'm sure. Can't help but wonder if anyone's got the nerve to hang-glide during the storm," he said with a chuckle, the mental image of trying to ride a hurricane amusing him.

He smiled warmly. Of course, he'd be an idiot to flirt with disaster. This woman obviously was up to something, and heaven only knew what it could be. But hey, he was an archaeologist. running into obvious danger was literally his career. He chuckled. "Tell me, miss Polarine, would you be inclined to dance? I'm afraid I've been a bit restless today, and I could stand to stretch my legs," he siad with a smirk. If there was a more harmless-looking fool in the room right now, he couldn't see it. Then again, he never did.

"I haven't my mom in awhile but I hear she's doing well. I have been meaning to go see her and my new baby sister. It's silly I have not gone yet but things have been really complicated. I'm trying to uncomplicated things but you know it goes. They are really busy too."

She had many issues that she really didn't like discussing them. The was the past but the nightmares were still there which was why she stayed away. They didn't need a crying baby and a screaming adult with night terrors. She would go see her family sometime soon hopefully. Now everything was crazy here getting all settled and everything.

"I'm surprised to see you here but in a good way of course. Is this your party? It's lovely."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Baby Sister? So, Kalia had a healthy baby girl. That was good to hear. Last time Feena had seen her, Kalia had only just found out that she was pregnant and Feena had been horribly jealous of her for that. It wasn't why she left, but Feena would have been wrong to deny that it was on her mind when she did. After going through what Feena had to go through to conceive this child, well, it wasn't easy.

"Oh, yes. This is where I live now with my husband, @[member="Keter"]. Welcome to Dis. It's undergone quite a bit of... renovation since I first came here. I thought now it was ready to finally host a party in. Do tell your mother to drop by anytime she is in this sector, alright?"

Feena spotted her husband dancing with their tiny daughter just through the crowd. Feena smiled, waved and motioned for Sophia to look at them.

"Ah! There they are. My husband and our daughter."
@[member="Sophia Walsh"]

Keter

The Renegade
The music slowed and died, another piece being prepared by the band. Keter led his daughter from the floor towards @[member="Feena Mason"] and some other woman, holding the hand of his little daughter who was practically beaming as she skipped towards her mother. The blond let her go as he slowed his pace, wishing to not appear intrusive into the two females' conversation.
"Good evening," he said to the stranger with a bow of his head, before turning to his wife. Felicity was already standing in front of her mother, face proud. She looked so much like Feena then, so proud. Keter coughed to mask his sudden laugh. Two of them. He was so doomed.

"I'm positive my mother will drop by as soon as she realizes this is where I ran off to. I bet she will try to get me to babysit for her or something. I'll let her know to come by and catch up with you. I just know she would love to get out and stretch her legs."

Sophia smiled as she turned to watch Feena's husband and daughter dancing and having a good time at the party. Sophia used to be carefree and happy before all that happened. She had thought nothing really bad could ever happen to her but it did. Sophia had grown up quite a bit these past few months and was trying to move forward and be happy.

"That's your daughter? She's so cute," Sophia smiled. She didn't know much about her mothers friend as she had always been busy with her nose in a book of sorts.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena smiled proudly at her daughter as she approached. She reached out, traced a hand across the girls cheek and nodded her approval. Felcity positively glowed. She had done well for her first dance.

"Miss @[member="Sophia Walsh"]," Feena introduced, motioning to 'little' Sophie, "This is my husband, @[member="Keter"] and my daughter, Felicity. Felciity, Keter, this is Sophia."
Feena stood up and went around the table to stand at her husbands side, clinging to his arm like ivy.

"Do you remember my old friend Kalia, Darling? This is her daughter."

Keter

The Renegade
Keter tilted his head to one side as Felicity quickly bowed as she had been taught. "Didn't she stab me one time?" he idly asked. Kalia was a Jedi, she surely had done at some point. It was inevitable when, well, anyone ran into him. He had that effect on folks. Not everyone could be as talented at making friends as Feena.

The Eternal Queen
Stabbed him. Feena stared at @[member="Keter"] for a long time before deciding at last that it must have been a joke. A bad one. She laughed off the awkwardness, gently digging her nails into her husbands arm.

Felicity looked between her mother and father, trying her best to understand body language. No use. She just didn't get it. Grown ups were weird.
The band began on the next song, a slow, sweet melody. Feena found the perfect escape from the awkward situation. She could talk to @[member="Sophia Walsh"] later.

"Darling, Didn't you say that you owe me a dance?"

Keter

The Renegade
He suppressed a wince of pain as Feena dug her nails into his arm. Honestly, there was a time and a place for that kind of behavior! Yet the blond kept smiling politely as he turned to his wife, utterly unashamed. It had been a legitimate question after all. "Well of course, Queen," he replied with a slight bow. "Just let us find Barnabus or Slevin to look after Felicity in the meantime," Keter said, before kneeling down in front of his daughter. "How does that sound dear? Spending some time with uncle Barnabus or Slevin?"

The Eternal Queen
@[member="Keter"]

Felicity crossed her arms and did not look please about being passed off to someone else.
"Oh? I suppose that's a no then? Alright, dear," Feena sighed, leaning in close and putting a hand on her husbands chest, "Then your father and I are just going to be right here, kissing and saying how much we love each other-"

The little girl made a face at that and immediately started looking for anybody to rescue her.

"Where is Slevin any way? I haven't seen him all evening. Not since he dropped off Felicity in my room."

"I... suppose I could dance with you." A small smile cracked her face, eager to party with @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]. "Shall we, Alestra?"

This was the first time she had ever felt comfortable with someone in the CIS.

Vorhi probably would've blinked in surprise that his half of a delivery actually worked, had he had real eyes. Still, hey, who was he to complain. He took the young woman by the hand, leading her to the dance floor, "You're on, Polarine," he said with a smirk. It was nice to cut loose for a change. It was far from his usual scene, but he smirked, and he had already two thins he loved: Good company and weird luck. now all he needed was...the right tune. He waved to the band. "Something a little up-beat, I feel like an good old-fashioned Dathomiri Samba," he said with a chuckle. He nodded to Pandeima, "About time to liven this floor up, wouldn't you say?"

"I'd say so, Alestra. Yes." Truth be told, the circumstances were beginning to worry her a bit. She had a man, in another life, that was... And she had a poor history with the CIS, one that could tear whatever friendship she could make with this man asunder if he ever discovered her true identity.

"I recognize this song. It was one I danced to on..." She paused, not wanting to continue. She had danced to this piece during her days as an abused slave on Nar Kreeta.

Vorhi just nodded and smiled. Her hesitation was apparent. Was he being a bit too troublesome? He wondered at a few things and he began dancing with her smirking. She said something about remembering the song, then stopped. Must not have a been a great memory. Pity. He smiled weakly. "You know, this old song reminds of what a dancing instructor once said. You can always remember the old steps," he then twirled her, clearly out of tempo and without a bit of warning, "but you can also make a new dance altogether," he said with a slight smirk, leaning back to help catch herself in case the unforeseen move threw the younger woman off balance. Never let it said he wasnn't polite, even if he was a bit of a smart-aleck.

@[member="Pandeima"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter shook his head at how easily his wife manipulated their daughter. He wondered how long he had left before Felicity started being interested in boys and he would have to start cracking heads. Quite a few more years, he felt sure. The blond wasted no time in flagging Barnabus down and having him make his way to them as he squeezed @[member="Feena Mason"] 's hand lightly.
"He's outside, patrolling. PPoor man isn't sure of himself in crowds. Feels to alone now that he's the last of his brothers," he quietly explained as Barnabus arrived, Felicity smiling as she noticed the pad of paper and pencils he was carrying. Keter wanted toshake his head again, but held back. He really needed to take Felicity out sometime.

"I wish it were that case with me, Alestra... but it sadly isn't. My course in life has already been determined."

With a sigh, the music reached its crescendo as Circe found herself eloquently dancing with the Miralukan. "There's much about me you don't know, and right now, I'd rather not share more about myself than I need to."

The Eternal Queen
Feena frowned. Poor Slevin. She had no idea he would be so uncomfortable. She was really doing a bad job at this whole stepmother thing. She was going to have to apologize for not being more sensitive towards him later on.

When Felicity rushed off, Feena bowed once more to Sophia, draped her hand on her husbands arm and gently steered him towards the dance floor.

"We need to talk," she told him quietly as she could, "It's important."

@[member="Keter"]

Vorhi nodded and continued dancing. "I'm ignorant of most things, except when it comes to ancient history," he said with a chuckle. "That being said, I wouldn't be too resigned to fate. You never know what opportunities may arise," he said calmly. "So, if you don't care to talk much about yourself, what do you care to talk about?" He couldn't help himself. Curioisity was his bad habit, and if there's one thing he'd learned about people, it's that they often said more with what they didn't say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom