Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode V: Akala Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Hayashi

Raven, the not so wise fox

Raven awoke on burning rock, "ahh! OW!" she screamed, then she realised she wasn't the only one screaming, in fact she was in hell? "I hate to get out" she proclaimed to herself. She was bare foot at she tails were already a mess. Yet she jumped from rock to rock, bridge from bridge. This was strange but she kept travelling north, what she thought it was North but in fact it was East. seeing a few people she ignored them, if they wanted to talk to her they would seek her out.

Marcus Tritum

M
Fellow Lost: [member="Mrrew"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

Angel-Lady-Thing was putting a severe strain on my heebie-jeebies scale. Like, man, have I seen a lot of screwed up crap - done a lot too - but this is a different level. She seemed to project this aura of trustworthiness and compassion. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. On the other hand, I had this weird, cold tingling running along the back of my neck.

Funny, the Being of Light looked a lot like what Space Angels were described as. They're basically the counterparts to Maelibus. Had to do a bunch of research on those fuglies thanks to the One Sith having some ridiculous monster of a Sith Lord running around. I mean, it's bad enough that they can throw people across the room with a thought. Giving them super strength and impenetrable hides just makes it depressing.

Anyway, the glowing chick made me a little uhm, slack jawed. Pretty sure her species was the Dia-... Dia-... Wow. She was a drop dead dame. Not in the hourglass way. She was just so... so... otherworldly? I don't know. My words don't do a whole lot of justice.

She beckoned me with a hand, her light guiding the way.

"Well you don't have to tell me twice," I muttered with a smirk.

Man, why couldn't all my nightmares be like this? I still wasn't totally sure this was real life, but then again I wasn't in a hurry to find out.

Corvus woke up from what? Sleep? She wasn’t sure and her brain didn’t allow her to work it out - as if it had blocked something out. She was fully clothed and her hand instinctively went to her saber. It was there. She sat up. The smell, the taste. It was all too familiar. Blood. Except…it wasn't hers.

But her surroundings made not sense. In her ears were the sounds of pain and suffering. In the sky is a green sun. Her brain tried to compute. No planets to her knowledge fitted that profile.

She glanced around. One moment she was alone, the next [member="Kana Truden"] was there. Was it a trick? But Kana seemed to be as disorientated at she had been. She remembered their conversation. Actually no, she didn’t remember it. She was aware of it, but could not remember any of the words. One minute they were…no - it made no sense.

She stood and walked towards Kana and was suddenly aware that the Force had…gone. She tried to pull it to her but couldn’t. It was simply not there any more. But before she could think any longer, Kana had embraced her. This was no mirage. Only Kana would risk such an act.

“I…I..I don’t understand. Where are we?” The voices grew louder. There was a sense of foreboding. Not a Force-related sense but a primeval one. This was a bad place and if they waited around, very, very, very bad things would happen to them. “We need to get out of here. Now.” She glanced around for some sign of where to go and saw a shimmering light.

She pointed to it. “Salvation or a trap?”

No answer came to her. Divine intervention was an unlikely event as it were. Gods were hard to come by too. The only one for certain that existed was death, and to death you say not today. Seris kicked sand in frustration. Bitter wind only blew it back into her. She bit her lower lip in part frustration and part punishment for her stupidity. Today was not going well, or likely to improve. "Udesii Seris. Wits about you and maybe you'll get out". Soldiering kicked in and she started pouring over equipment to help her. No holo signal, whatever world this was took first prize for backwater. Radio communication revealed nothing transmitting or receiving her calls. Even the electronic compass gave no true reading. This was messed up.

Still on the dune mountain she resolved to an unorthodox navigational method. That dreaded cold wind. However karked up things may be the winds were usually predominant in the direction they blew. Traveling with it at her back and letting it lead her in some fashion of a proper course was the easiest and seemingly practical thing to do. Not like many options other than walking were going to do any good. Seris reached down for a handful and let it go where it may. Her course was set out, so long as things held as they were and no danger presented itself she'd have a good four days before dehydration killed her. The Devaronian marched off to the unknown of the red wastes, holding a hope in her heart rescue could be found.

Falcon Rekali

F
Proximity: [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Seamus Valik"]
Gear: Lightsaber, Lonesome Gun, a few daggers, etc.

It was as if one moment he was in the hallway thinking of putting in a call to his wife, @Aaralyn Gyndar, after sorting a few things in the Postcognitor and having sat down to reminisce over how they'd met, the Lonesome Gun in hand, lightsaber, knives and other whatnots appended to his person as he sat... and the next? Well... see, that was the thing, waking groggy. There was no knowing how long it'd been. And as he came to and lifted himself into such a position to take a look around, and noting the gun still in his hand. Coming to his feet, he holstered the thing and began to have a look around, listening carefully for any sounds of movement, any voices from where he stood near a rather prodigious cliff.

Imagine his luck when not one, but two voices came into being not too far away, one man hoisting himself up from a potential drop from the cliff, and a younger woman walking towards him; judging from their words, they were as clueless as he was about their current situation. His shoulders relaxed, and he wandered over to them.

"You alright?" he queried, looking down at Seamus where he lay near the edge, glancing up briefly to Token, "I take it neither of you has a clue how we've ended up here."

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/46649-serenitys-redoubt/
Gear: In Bio

Within a cave, a calming emotion swept over Marrik as he awoke to the sight before him. A forest within a cave, and souls of apparent Jedi. The air was eerily calm. Too calm for ghosts to be walking about. Marrik walked forwards to see above and straight cliff and a blue flame burning on high. Though the feeling of content was great. He looked behind and saw the mouth of the cave. He figured it was the way out, he walked through only to find him standing where he'd started.

The area seemed too comfy for Marrik's taste. He saw around him hundreds of others. Some already succumb to the calming nature, they stopped all movements, some even stopped breathing. He would not be the same. He had to leave.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Valley of Lies
Entering Akala's Realm p1 | The Ferry | p2

Karen Roberts stepped off the ferry and into a windtorn valley of loss. The massive skull of a long-devolved creature greeted her with a quiet, empty gaze. Not a word nor a hint to ease her troubled mind. The mountains like jagged bones rose to encapsulate her in. And when she turned around to pay, the ferryman was already vapor and long gone.

"Two bits for the boatman. Yet in this hell where I spawn? All the world is free."

Karen was different now since her awakening in this God-forsaken Realm. Her skin and eyes held a vibrant unearthly color, whilst her hair had long betrayed it's familiar blue. Streaked and torn, now her hair was filled with creeping, writhing tendrils of green and soft black. Ragged and swirling like snakes. Where once she wore a suit of armor. Now she bore a suit of stone. All of her womanly curves became sharp edges and all her soft embraces became colder still. She was awake. The Force was absent. She was transformed. This realm had changed her.

It was a fitting evolution for a Rogue Master wandering in a rogue land. She seemed dressed appropriately now. Gowned, modeled, and draped by the land itself. Her face painted with the visage of a new life. A new death and a new palate knife. Even her lightsaber sprouted orange flames instead of a heavenly blue. How familiar was she now? Was she even the same?

"Well well. A valley of old bones. How quaint. Just like mother used to make."

The purple and stone woman smirked to herself and began her trek into the windswept grass. Crunchy. Heavy. Unburdened with every step. Because in the Valley of Lies where everyman is a stranger. Some people can become quietly at home.

___

*ooc: Tag for adventure*

Keter

The Renegade
Oh yeah, his mind was tired. Wastelands, screams of the damned, red skies, raining blood. So boring. He had SEEN all this before. Was there NOTHING new here to at least break up the monotony?

Bones. Rock. Rock. Shell. Rock. Rock. Skeleton. Rock. Rock. Pool of blood. Rock. Rock. Rock. Rock. Bubbling oil. Rock. Skeleton chained to a rock.

Keter shook his head in disappointment. Maybe Feena was right, he needed to expose himself to some culture or something. His mind was becoming lazy in it's creativity. Well then, he would have to change things up then! Tapping and manipulating the implants on his face, he switched on some music, filling the air with a cheery melody at odds with the surroundings. Ah better, something a tad more surreal. The blond clapped his hands together along with the beat as he continued on his way.

By this point, the screaming hell-him would be a pleasant distraction.

Rock. Rock. Metal I beam. Rock. Rock. Stunted shrub. Rock. Rock. Pool of fire. Rock. Rock. Rock...

[member="Feena Mason"] [member="Glyph"]

A newcomer approaches, rushing to aid, calling out for the she-devil. Nearby a metal giant stands and watches. The situation is to complicated to grasp in a single moment- instead it must be garnered through effort. Effort that the Zorren, in her current state, was unable to make. Something was urging her to kill. No one here was offering her that chance. Not the demon, with her side kick (a spawnling, perhaps?), nor the durasteel warrior. They were occupied anyway. Another would have to do! But who? Our hero, in her state of madness, started to back up. This could be dealt with later. If necessary. As she turned to run into the darkness she spoke again, briefly, to the man.
"To follow is to fight, to bow is to die. To stay is to never see the light."
Horrid chuckling left her lips as she dashed away. Blood boiled around her feet, threatening to eat at her boots, while jagged rocks and exposed bones left little free footing. Still she ran on. Why was no one stepping into her path? All she met for a minute were corpses. It all be damned! Where was the challenge? The rush? Only the rough terrain gave her trouble. For there were no fools to even try and fight her. Unless the one from before was following her?... Perhaps. But she didn't bother to check over her shoulder. If he was coming then he was coming. It mattered little to her. There was war to be waged! Demons to be slain! The work of a hero!
Drapeam Nyx was no hero.
Maybe she had been, once, when she worked for the people. Years had been hard on her. Sith Poison had only made things worse. How angry it made her! Yes! It screamed, so joyous to feel her wrath! Oh, they would cause so much CHAOS together! All the realms would feel it! Oh joy oh joy! There, ahead! Four silhouettes, each locked with one of the others, grappling for guns. Behind them? A glow, some sort of light, a tear in the fabric of the universe! Or at least it appeared to be. Could that be the exit? Could it be the way out?!? Nyx had to find out! With a wicked grin she launched herself from rock to bone to rock, her blade swinging awkwardly in her hands.
The first man fell before anyone could realize what had happened. Another, who had been fighting the first, turned with wide yes, clutching onto a knife. But Nyx had already stepped back to slash again. Her right hand swung out, to the right, leading the blade to tear the man open. It was a sloppy, overshot movement. Once it had finished she knew that her error had strained her elbow. Damn it! At least the other two were still focused on each other. Scowling she clipped the lightsaber to her belt again. Then she took a few good moments to reach up... pulling out her vibroblades. These she knew how to use! And use them she would, caring not for consequence.
There were others in the distance, figures she hadn't glanced out, people she didn't care for.
[member="Jarven Zexxel"], [member="Corvus Raaf"]?, [member="Kana Truden"]?
@Others in the Blood Wastes somewhere near the Rift.
NOTES:
Weapon list: Two standard vibroblades (in hand), two BTI-WB-Woebringer Blaster Pistols (on belt), one red lightsaber (on belt, currently not ignited).
Injuries: Sith Poison in veins (causes: pain, loss of vision in right eye, soreness around injection points), burns on both arms, cuts along both forearms.
State of Mind: Bonkers. Crazy. In a poison/chaos-induced frenzy.

But the embrace felt real and so did this place. The questions were many but for now the sweet moment shared between two friends would mute all. In a place where darkness seemed to reign true there would be a small spot of hope between the two of them.

“We gotta get out of here, come on.” Kana pulled her friend away.

Did she have any idea where she was supposed to go? No, but something off in the distance seemed to have people riled and if anything it was worth at least investigating it.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus didn’t wait to debate the subject. Invariably Kana led and Corvus followed. That was because she trusted her friend. And trust was the one commodity she needed right now.

So she immediately fell into set with Kana as they headed - who knows where. But heading somewhere felt immeasurably better than standing still. “I guess this makes no sense to you either, right? I mean it’s not just me. The Force, this place.” She waved her arms around expansively as they walked. Her saber would be useless but at least she had the training that Tracyn had given her.

Thank goodness for him.

[member="Kana Truden"]

[member="Mrrew"] | [member="Dak Canton"]

Problem is she did not know. At least not in this galaxy. Everything had suddenly become uncertain, even this place seemed to shift, move as if an illusion play tricks on the mind. And now this .. a song but no, it is words of a lyrical nature that entered the mind bewitching it. Mrrew equally seemed to have noticed this apparition, but could not shed any more light on the situation.

Then as if parting, the thorns and thickets moved and a being step forward into the clearing. A beautiful being yet strange in appearance alluring and frightening equally. A quick look sideways to Mrrew to see if he felt the same.

"Mrrew, I sense nothing. My force ability gone". And yet this would not seem alarming to those that watched her, a force user suddenly ripped of force or rather the ability to use it. She had spent most of her life rejecting yet, only recently was she convinced to train in her abilities, it just so happened she is good at it. So not having the force to reply on, totally, is not new to her.

Coci's attention turned back to the being. "Who are you?", she moved slightly forward, and "And tell me .. what is this place".

Location: Blood Wastes - Making way for that evil-doing rift exit

Voices cried out as the burning crimson rain scorched upon skin. All around them people were wandering without purpose. The floors were covered in steaming, bubbling, hissing pools of what Kana could very well imagine to be blood. Wherever the two jedi had found themselves it was fair to say that they weren’t on Ossus anymore.

Kana dragged [member="Corvus Raaf"] along the bridges of the lands.

“Stay away from the puddles, keep on the bridges and just follow me. Her voice had become stern, considerably more stern than she had intended.

Perhaps it was the situation they found themselves in. They were after all in a land of ghouls traversing a gigantic wasteland of blood with no destination seemingly in sight. It was as if they were in...

The blood wastes.

“Come on, we gotta move before something risks trapping us.” A small spark of frustration had been ignited. What was going on here?

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Sinner's Despair

Arumi sat in a meditative state, his mind focusing on what he saw inside not what he felt on the outside. He could not feel the deep connection to the force that he always did and that was far more disturbing then the screaming that echoed outside of his mind. He had been here for only a god would know how long but it had been hell. Eternity played out before him, agony and sorrow screamed all around him as he sat there. His only solace was his own retreat and his own concentration.

For over a thousand years Arumi had been a blight upon existence, a cancer that ate away at the very fabric of humanity and compassion. He was reaping what he had so eagerly sown, he was living through what he, no not he but Darth Fidelis had done. Every act of betrayel, every death and every ounce of suffering played over and over and over before him. The feeling of his very soul being ripped out of his body caused him agony beyond belief. But he sat there meditating none the less, his sanity and his life depended on what was on the inside and not the outside.

The smell of the blood would usually have subsided by now - the olfactory senses shutting down to avoid having to continue to endure the stench. But this was different. The metallic tang would not go away. Once or twice Corvus almost gagged.

But she kept her focus and followed Kana. “Avoid the puddles, right.” As advice went it ranked up there with don’t put your hand in a blender if it’s switched on, but she understood the intent. Sometimes words just made you focus. They filled in the awful silence or better still, drowned out the sounds of wailing.

And was Kana snapping at her? What had she done to warrant that? “I’m right behind you, I can't go any quicker than you, you know.” She shook her head in irritation.

[member="Kana Truden"]

Avreet meditated, kneeling on the ground, letting the Dark Side of the Force flow through him. It was an ordinary, routine procedure he had done thousands of times before. This time, however, the Dark Side suddenly vanished, his connection to the Force faltering. His head started spinning and when his large amber orbs opened again, he no longer sat in the Sith Temple. The place was not similar to him. Pools of blood illuminated by green light, vapour rising in the air. He could smell it. Taste is. This place looked like the mythical Hell, a place he had read about in several books. A place where dead Sith Lords go after they die. And yet, the amphibious Sith Assassin remained calm, trying to find a logical explanation. He did not believe in Hell, he did not believe in afterlife. This had to be a vision, right? He had experienced those before, and while this one appeared to be one of those more realistic ones, there was no reason to assume it to be anything more.

Ignoring the screams in the distance, the Sith Lord took deep breaths and tried to focus, bring his mind back to reality and get out of the vision. The world he appeared in was not real. It was nothing but a vision. Nothing could happen to him, his body still sat in the safety of the Sith Temple while his mind got trapped here. Now that he thought about it, he realized other Sith in the Temple could easily kill him. This prompted him to try harder, focus on the Dark Side he could not connect to for some reason. The Force refused to bend to his will. Disappointing.

The eyes of the Mon Cal snapped open as the meditation brought no results whatsoever. Maybe the vision wanted him to observe, see the things to come. Glancing up, observing the dark sun, the Mon Cal slowly shook his head in disbelief, trying to draw some conclusion. This place… how to escape it? What was it supposed to represent? Did it show the past, the present or the future? Or has he been granted a glimpse of a place his spirit would go to if he continued walking the dark path? Avreet never believed in Hell, yet this might as well persuade him otherwise.

Finally standing up, he decided to take being there as a sign from the Dark Side that he was meant to be brought here. The transportation of his mind – and body? – had to have some sort of purpose.

Location: Blood Wastes - Making way for that evil-doing rift exit

Kana paused for a second as she shook her head. “Right. Sorry.”

That wasn’t how she usually behaved. Where had that snapping mindset come from? She looked at Corvus for a second, regret evident in her eyes as a second unspoken apology. It must be this place. Whatever was going on it had some major negative vibes to them.

“The others seemed to be gathering up ahead, but I don’t know why.” Kana continued to lead her friend ahead.

As they arrived in front from a large group of people there was nothing to take note of. Nothing but people hesitantly seemingly varyingly… Jumping into a puddle.

But this puddle didn’t seem to brew and boil like the others. It seemed… Well, odd.

“What are they doing?” Kana leaned over to [member="Corvus Raaf"].

“Are they jumping into the pools? Should... We jump into the pools?”

To Connor Harrison, this was another of the wonderfully twisted visions brought on by the Sith Magic embedded in his brain stem.

Sitting up, bathed in a strange green light from the odd moon above, he smelt blood and tasted metal. But, it…felt more real this time. It TASTED real. Rubbing the back of his neck, he looked around the rocky outcropping he was on, which seemed to be a canyon.

A shiver ran through his body, and he frowned as he looked left and then right.

Around him echoed wailing; murmuring; chanting, as if coming from the ground and sky in unison. Standing up, Connor looked around with nothing but a bemused and puzzled look on his face, trying to make sense of where he was.

Had he been assaulted during the night? Were the Silver Jedi targeted for an attack and had he been thrown off world? But, where was he? This was no planet he had seen before – the glowing green orb that should be a sun, or moon, was alien to him.

”Come on – enough, let’s go,” Connor hissed, tapping his hands and getting his bearings. If this WAS a vision, it was the strangest and most uneventful yet.

Moving over the rocky ground, feeling even more real and each breath assaulting his senses, Connor peered down to see a large river working through the canyon, shrouded in mist and illuminated by small fires along the banks.

Reaching out with the Force, Connor could sense nothing, which was peculiar. No life, nothing.

He turned, blowing out a breath and surveying the horizon, with each direction seemingly tinged by colour; blood red, warm purple, sickly yellow. This wasn't a vision. It was too real and too quiet.

”HELLO?!”

A futile shout, but this was just a little too strange to stay quiet, and his voice didn’t even echo – it just went into darkness. No matter; his hands patted down to find his lightsaber, com and water flask still fixed to his belt. His black thermal outfit and combat trousers with greatcoat still intact.

There would be a good explanation for this, he was sure.

”I’ve got a bad feeling about this.”

ri6gxh.jpg

Arumi Zy said:
Sinner's Despair

Arumi sat in a meditative state, his mind focusing on what he saw inside not what he felt on the outside. He could not feel the deep connection to the force that he always did and that was far more disturbing then the screaming that echoed outside of his mind. He had been here for only a god would know how long but it had been hell. Eternity played out before him, agony and sorrow screamed all around him as he sat there. His only solace was his own retreat and his own concentration.

For over a thousand years Arumi had been a blight upon existence, a cancer that ate away at the very fabric of humanity and compassion. He was reaping what he had so eagerly sown, he was living through what he, no not he but Darth Fidelis had done. Every act of betrayel, every death and every ounce of suffering played over and over and over before him. The feeling of his very soul being ripped out of his body caused him agony beyond belief. But he sat there meditating none the less, his sanity and his life depended on what was on the inside and not the outside.

EVENT

The Rift of Despair Opens

"You're lost," a voice uttered inside Arumi Zy's head. "You were power. You were strength."

"Now you're lost."

A cackling is heard in Arumi's head.

His feet begin to erupt in flame, but he will not feel it. His eyes glow a bright orange. Guilt and despair, these begin to affect him on a level unknown by any mortal.

Every step Arumi Zy takes in the Sinner's Despair, the ground shakes. The sky wallows. The souls of the damned wail.

Where Arumi Zy walks, chaos follows.
A5WjJS.png

OOC

This is a rift located in the character [member="Arumi Zy"].

You enter it by making physical contact with Arumi Zy. It will take you to Dathomir.

Arumi Zy cannot enter it himself, but he can enter/exit other Rifts. If he does, the Rift reverses - in the Galaxy, if one touches Arumi Zy, he/she is teleported to the Sinner's Despair in the Netherworld.

FORCED CONDITIONAL UPON EXITING THE RIFT
(Your character experiences this as a side-effect)

You feel an overwhelming, crippling grief and sorrow and must explain this grief to the first person you meet after passing through the rift.

Corvus smiled at Kana and felt guilty. She’d overreacted and didn’t want her friend to feel uncomfortable. “No, I’m sorry. It must be this place. It’s got me on edge or something? Maybe it’s not having the Force. I don’t know…” Corvus could feel the frustration brewing inside her. She was renowned for her patience but right now was feeling decidedly anxious.

As they approached the others, Corvus felt no compulsion to jump into the pool. She tried to peer in, to see if there was a reason for the odd behaviour. People didn’t do this sort of thing unless they knew what they were doing or someone was making them. Neither option seemed evident.

But jumping in made no sense. She looked around at the landscape. At the growing number of people heading their way. Staying here made even less sense. “I have no logical explanation for this whatsoever, but staying here feels wrong. Whatever happens, it can’t be any worse, right?”

[member="Kana Truden"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom