Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podrace Eggman’s Invitational!: Podracing on New Alderaan!

Vivian thretis

V
Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

Tag: Hex Hex , Valery Noble Valery Noble Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Jax Thio Jax Thio The Vulptex The Vulptex Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Sahan Dragr Sahan Dragr Slider Slider
braxantdiv11.png

Vivian and was tied for fifth with two other people she concentrated on racing and not dying at the moment rather than what she was placed. As she tried to speed up and pick up speed to get closer to first as she put the machine through it's paces the former justicar still didn't get the reason why people participated in these fully maybe because she was ordered to join. The race and wasn't a willing racer she wasn't sure but she would perform her best regardless or crash trying.

podracing1.jpg

Objective: Win Podrace

Tags: The Vulptex The Vulptex | Hex Hex | Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla | Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot | Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa | Slider Slider | Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran | Vivian thretis
Z9U36lL.png
Ko was a little surprised by the decent start he had. Gripping the controls he kept with a fair few of the fellow competitors, although there was certainly room to improve. He had a pretty bad disadvantage for not being nearly as familiar with the course as the others likely were. When someone showed him a map of the track he couldn’t see it. So every turn and corner was pretty unfamiliar for him.

At one point he sensed an alarming tremor in The Force and quickly maneuvered his quad engine vehicle to avoid what could’ve been a life ending head on collision with a wall. Correcting this cost him a bit of velocity in his craft. Something that aided in her perception of where things were was the distinctive rhythms of each of the podracers. However, he noted one that sounded remarkably similar to his own vehicle. Was someone else here using a BT310 Quadra? That would certainly be something else.

Because of the visual impairment Ko’s driving had a very jagged and snappy look to it. He had to immerse himself fully to The Force and let it guide his actions to avoid possibly violent death. But he wanted to give this all, he didn’t want to let down the friends he made on Nubia. He wanted them to see the skillful young man he’s grown into.

Good ol' reliable. That was him.

Second-place Slider tore across the beginning of the racetrack, the Wheelhouse purring like a kitten. He leaned forward, his sweet, grandfatherly smile turned into a snarl of joy by the windforce pushing against him. Dirt kicked up around the terrapin, splatting onto his bright goggles, as he tore into first place.

Well, almost first place.

Slider gave the Jawa racer aside him a friendly wave, before gunning it, attempting to overtake in the straight. He loved the sport, but he also loved to win.

Maybe he'd finally get first at one of these high-profile races, rather than two second-place finishes. Would be an awful time for something catastrophic to happen...

Objective: Eggman’s Invitational
Race Craft: RMV-EV40 Skychaser Swoop Bike
Equipment: FAE/A-03 Repulsor Craft Riding Suit
Racers and Support: Hex Hex Slider Slider The Vulptex The Vulptex Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Vivian thretis Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot Chessashai Umianai Chessashai Umianai
Spectators: Jax Thio Jax Thio Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

The ear splitting howls of turbojet, ion, and repulsorlift engines cut through the air, followed by a woosh of wind as pod after pod exploded past Eleena’s Skychaser, leaving the Twi’lek in their collective dust. In that regard, she was grateful for the self-cleaning visor in her helmet, which promptly cleared the dust from off of the glasteel with a low-powered laser, quickly restoring her vision in the process.

It was only then that she realized that she was in last place.

“Kaul, give me Strat 7! I need more power! Are there any settings you can adjust from your station?” Eleena grunted over the closed comm frequency she had with her engineer. All the while, the Twi’lek took a deep breath as she pumped the brakes in preparation for the upcoming 90-degree turn. Then, she shifted her hips across the pillion to lean both her body and bike deep into the turn at a sharp angle, to the point that her knee pad scraped against the track. As she came out of the turn, she feathered the throttle so as not to lose gravitational traction, before briefly pushing back to full throttle.

A few moments later, Eleena came up on the hairpin, still behind the now-bald girl ( Hex Hex ) in the podracer ahead of her. For a brief moment, the swoop jockey wondered where the girl’s blue hair had gone, but that thought was quickly pushed aside as the Twi’lek prepared herself to take what she considered to be the most technical, demanding turn on the track.

“Now or never Kaul!”

Last edited:
b53ck66.png

'Dear'

She'd called him 'Dear.'

Her voice sang in his ears and reverberated in his mind as he sped along the track, bringing a pleased expression to his face under his vocoder mask.

The turtle-like racer seemed to be neck-and-neck with him, proving that sentients were often more than they appeared to be. A friendly guy, too. Tryk didn't see a lot of that in his line of work. He gave a friendly nod, like a salute between competitors, before returning his attention to the race.

He'd allowed events to distract him for too long. There was a bend in the track before the next straightaway, and he was approaching it too quickly.

Giving a savage push to the controls, he tried to follow the angle without breaking. It was a reckless maneuver, but the voice of Chess, still echoing in his mind, made him believe that somehow, he could do it.

Hex Hex Slider Slider The Vulptex The Vulptex Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Vivian thretis Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot Chessashai Umianai Chessashai Umianai
Jax Thio Jax Thio Akiya Orime Akiya Orime Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa

It wasn’t a bad start and she wasn’t too far from first place. To get there? All Kanni had to do was put the pedal to the metal, prove the truth of her speed and reap that medal. She could do it! She can do it! She will do it!

She flew past other racers, sticking her tongue out at the Kel Dor, her speeder zooming across the floor as it curved and wound around the track like spaghetti on a fork. “FOURTH PLACE, BABY!” Kanni roared. "Nice."

Feeling confident! Wind rushing against her grinning visage along with the red nose and yellow eyes of her cat-bear hood. It’s this girl against the world! Her bike shifted behind that Mandalorian, almost alongside, to whom Kanni waved hi.

“Su’cuy, dala!” Oh. Right. Yeah. This chick had picked up on some Mando’a as an experiment. It helped her given she was an assassin and Mandalorians knew a bit about violence.

Did Kanni speed ahead of her opponent the next moment? This was as much about talent as luck and chance so the outcome remained to be seen. Whatever happened, the Viper punched it just then, cracking her knuckles, trapped in a bubble of excitement, loving this!

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Valery Noble Valery Noble Slider Slider Hex Hex Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa The Vulptex The Vulptex Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot Vivian thretis

Copy-of-Chessa-Bossa-2.png

Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot Social Sponsor ♧
Inventory: - Lots of credits... - Lipstick - Mini holoprojector - Comlink - Gigglespice♧
Interactions: Teckla Tane Teckla Tane OPEN
Objective: 2, Life of the Party ♧ Bet: Valery Noble ♧

The singer was quite surprised to have been approached by someone who seemed so... formal even though individuals dressed in such a manner were expected to attend due to Kilrans background. Chessa smiled when the lady expressed familiarity, a famous singer she called her, as one should. In attempts to not use spice for this event, she had relied on her favorite beverage- Alderaanian wine.

Chessa held up a glass to the uniformed lady, "Oh darling, I'm not quite as timid as I once was," she said cheerfully. In the peak of her fame she had been rather young and shied away from anything that could possibly get holo tabloids to get crazy. All of her spice consumption was kept under wraps until she moved to Nar Shaddaa, it was only then when the foul rumors began to spread.

"I must say I'm quite attracted to dangerous sporting- though there's only so much gladiator fighting you can watch before getting bored," Chessa chuckled, turning to look at Kilran speaking to a stunning lady. "Ah yes, dear Kilran knows how to make a party-- is there a chance you might know who that is?" she became distracted by the person conversing with Kilran. As a lady with an interest in beauty and fashion, she couldn't help but to wonder if that was a model.

Velran Kilran Velran Kilran Sera Mina Sera Mina

Velran Kilran took a deep breath observing the racers zipping around on his track, a smile formed on his face. Everything is going as planned except for Akiya Orime Akiya Orime who somehow escaped her laboratory. She was supposed to be creating more trooper variants for the Clone Army but somehow under extreme surveillance led by Prof. Igen Jitters Prof. Igen Jitters , Akiya slipped through Velran's fingers. Velran's smile faded and his head started to throb, thought of Akiya escaping was aggravating. He immediately ordered a Clone unit to find Akiya. She could be anywhere in the galaxy with the genetic imprint of HIS Clone Army.

"I made a mistake," Velran thought. "I should've made a copy and destroyed whatever plans that Akiya may or may not have stolen..... No I don't make mistakes, it's clearly Jitters' fault. I told him to make sure to secure all of the work of the Clone Army under my biometric standards but he's too preoccupied by creating..... whatever he's creating."

It was a small bump and what was otherwise a smooth ride. His daughter, Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran wasn't doing as well as he had hoped but it's early and his baby girl has plenty of time to catch up. But the real reason why Velran created this grand race in the first place was because he wanted to gather all of the major factions in one place. The new Empire of the Lost seeks his planet and his fleet, the Galactic Alliance is struggling against the Mandalorians but Velran received word that there were Alliance spies sniffing around New Alderaan. Of course, there's the Jedi Ko Vuto Ko Vuto who could be a threat but the Mandalorians could also prove to a powerful ally especially since they're winning the war.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Velran slowly turned around time to mingle with guests. "I bid you welcome to my wonderful and very expensive suite filled with food and drink! And of course wonderful conversations with friends and acquaintances!"

He took a glass of Red Wine held it above us head. "To New Alderaan!" Velran said. "And here's to the future winner of this event."

"Me."

Sera Mina Sera Mina , Chessashai Umianai Chessashai Umianai

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current Outfit

Hilal's Podracer

Seeing multiple racers catching up from the corner of her eye, Hilal immediately set her pod to full power giving her the burst needed to keep her distance away from them. She smiled seeing the large ramp ahead, she just had to make sure that her engines don't catch on fire. "I triple checked," Hilal said to herself. "There's no way I'm going to let my Pod explode this time!"

Memories of Hilal's Pod catching fire back at the race at Tatooine was still fresh in Hilal's mind. Even though it happened a year ago, and she gotten better since then, a small part of her was afraid of reliving her mistake. "I have to be careful." Hilal muttered. "Fast but steady!"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Slider Slider Hex Hex Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Vivian thretis

OIP.sx70CPLsDkC9-kuodqmLfgHaFW
R.6ad469daa6a1e7a9adb2e56e8317bc03

"We are halfway through the race with Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla and Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot neck and neck tied for first place! And we have The Vulptex The Vulptex is holding steady at third place! I see Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa with a quick control thrust to catch up with the other racers! Holy hell she already caught up with @Slider!" Dish said looking over his holoscreen while taking a quick glance at his notes.

"This race is tightening up partner!" Henip piped in. "All it takes is one mistake and you'll be lagging behind! The racers are now heading to ramp where their skill as a racer will be tested!"

"Too true Henip!" Dish said. "Stick around as we head for the climax of Eggman's Invitational!"

(OOC: Rolling for Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran )

"Even though I am not going to gamble for it'll be a horrible look on this event!" Velran said. "I mean come on! The organizer, gambling at a race that HE put together! Can somebody say conflict of interest?!"

Velran gave loud chortle that filled the room. "But I really hope that my baby girl: Kanni will pull through. She is the most dangerous person in the galaxy! Killed so many men and women that It a made proud father cry! I LOVE YOU KANNI!" Velran began to sob before gulping down some Wine.

Objective: Eggman’s Invitational
Race Craft: RMV-EV40 Skychaser Swoop Bike
Equipment: FAE/A-03 Repulsor Craft Riding Suit
Racers and Support: Hex Hex Slider Slider The Vulptex The Vulptex Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kanni Ugaiya Kilran Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Vivian thretis Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot Chessashai Umianai Chessashai Umianai Akiya Orime Akiya Orime
Spectators: Jax Thio Jax Thio

Eleena kept her eyes glued to the course as she swiftly caught up to @Slider’s Wheelhouse on the exit to the hairpin, before coming up alongside him. In that, the Twi’lek casted a brief glance in her rival’s direction before slamming on the accelerator to race him down the straight leading into the third leg of the track.

Neck and neck.

The two machines were mere inches from each other as their pilots raced into the sweeper turn, with Eleena on the outside line, while Slider held the inside. Hoping to carry more speed on the exit, the Twi’lek pumped the brakes with a delicate touch before leaning into the turn. Then, she stood on the accelerator as soon as her bike was pointed in the same direction as the track. Unfortunately, it wasn’t nearly enough to see her past the elderly Bereth-Aku racer or to make significant headway on the leaders, who were still further down the track.

Nevertheless, even as she spotted her braking marker for the hairpin that marked the entry into third sector, Eleena still believed that she had a chance of winning the race.

All she needed was one perfect sector.

Last edited:
Imperial Moff of the Calamari Sector

nightclub-concept-art-by-syd-mead-v0-2t5l7hary7qa1.png

OBJECTIVE 2 LIFE OF THE PARTY
Outfit: Dress “Uniform”
Equipment: See Bio
Tags: Velran Kilran Velran Kilran | Sera Mina Sera Mina | Chessashai Umianai Chessashai Umianai | OPEN

B2GBEdQdrIqFAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Chessa suggested that a shift in her mentality was the reason for finding enjoyment in pod racing. Admitting that danger was something that sparked her interest. That was not all that shocking to Teckla. She had heard that many people enjoyed the chance to see an explosive wreck and be held breathless as to whether the pilot survived or not. ”Danger is quite the stimulant,” Teckla admitted with a smile and a nod. ”I can see how pod racing would scratch that particular itch. Though as a soldier myself I don’t quite understand how gladiators ever hold interest. The gladiators are either poor creatures who couldn’t keep themselves safe from predators, or glory seekers. A real soldier would tear up a gladiator in a moment.”

Teckla didn’t realize that Kilran was noted for making a good party. Though her intel did have him with a loose grip on reality which was always good for some excitement. At the mention of the girl with Kilran Teckla took a closer look. Who was occupying the Admiral’s time wasn’t an issue at first. But if Chessa was interested, maybe Teckla should be too. ”I merely assumed first in line when I saw her…” Teckla admitted while she waited for an aid in her ear to give any information that could be found. ”Some executive with Bacta-Works of Epica, my sources tell me. Dealing mostly in the Rimward Trade League and Galactic Alliance. I know New Alderaan is an independent world now, but I wonder what she would want with Kilran.”

R.bbdbb2431d1921192f33276a3bc9a71a

Outfit: Red Dress
Tags: Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla | Fomys Marnarro Fomys Marnarro

The race seemed to be going well. Hilal started well and at the moment she was neck and neck with another rider at the front of the pack. The race was not even halfway complete and there were still other challengers close to the two leaders. That being the case Akiya started to cheer louder and louder for Hilal. She was surprised she was getting into the event as much as she was. Later she would wonder if it was the presence of Hilal in the race, or if Akiya herself was actually the type who enjoyed sporting events.

It was not long however before Akiya’s good time was interrupted. ”Excuse me ma’am,” came the voice from an armored man with a face that Akiya was very familiar with. His excellency, Emperor for life, Lover of all Porgs, Galactic Conqueror, and Genius with an IQ of over 1000, has expressed that you are to be returned to the lab immediately as he did not give you permission to leave.” Akiya wasn’t sure what the designation of the clone was, or if she had ever met him before, but she knew that she was the reason why he stood there and she wasn’t about to be taken away from Hilal’s race without trying to resist.

”His Excellency does not know you have found me,” she said softly. ”One of the racers helped me escape Kamino. You and I both owe her our lives. Surely you can let me stay until the end of the race…” Akiya batted her eyes at the clone, but he paid little attention to that and grabbed hold of her by the elbow giving a gentle tug at first that Akiya resisted.

R.bbdbb2431d1921192f33276a3bc9a71a

Outfit: Standard Uniform
Tags: Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Fomys couldn’t believe that she had been forced into crowd control service for some stupid dog and pony show put on by Velran Kilran Velran Kilran . While she enjoyed the roar of pad racers and the excitement of the crowd, Fomys was obligated to keep her eyes out for threats to the peace. While she wouldn’t mind if there was a calculated attack on the “Emperor” himself, she knew that was not likely to be in the plans. As such she was hyperaware of her surroundings to be sure that she put herself between any threat and the average New Alderaanian who was just here to enjoy the show and forget the horrible reign of terror that was going on.

The police officer’s eyes moved from side to side. So far the event had gone off without a hitch. She was glad for that. The local rebellion had nothing planned, but whenever something went wrong Kilran was sure to go on some sort of rampage, and now that his army of clones had built in numbers that was a pretty large threat to the people that could make thing difficult for the ruler. Unfortunately, Fomys and her comrades would have to bide their time and wait for a good opening. Causing trouble here and now would more than likely hurt the movement and the people it was trying to free more than their enemies.

As Fomys paced through the grandstand twirling her stun baton with a mark of style, she noted an armored soldier harassing one of the fans. She pushed down the row where the confrontation was taking place just in time to see the clone trooper grab the woman and give her arm a tug. ”Hey! Meat droid! Kindly take your hands off the woman. I’m sure you have orders. But this is going to end up being a problem. One I don’t want to deal with.” She closed the distance making the chance of a fire fight less and less with every step.

KimLYoJ.png

Whether by miracle or luck, Tryk was still in t he race. He recovered from the fast maneuver and was in a good position.

But such fortune seldom lasted, unchallenged.

A rattling could be heard even through the roar of high-speed winds, and Tryk's eyes were drawn to a single large bolt which was working its way out from its place. The bolt anchored the vid system in place, which allowed him to see despite the unconventional design of his cockpit. If it came out, the vid system would rip itself from its foundations. Tryk would be half-blind. Worse, the display might conk him in the head.

Digging into his belt pouch, Tryk withdrew a telescoping auto-spanner and flicked it to extend it. Then he reached out to make contact with the bolt, hoping to quickly secure it before it could come loose.

A tricky maneuver while still racing around the track...

603c1e09_medium.jpg

Green Lightning

Kanni ran her tongue over her teeth as her podracer went full speed. Hand twists a stick. Finger presses button. PUNCH IT. And, like that, the Viper and her Green Lightning darted dead ahead. Past one leg and onto the next. No sweat!

“VROOM VROOM BABY!” So close to the front, she couldn’t help but break into a bit of a jig when all of a sudden— “OH SNAP”

Something snapped!?

“WAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH”

Kanni WAGH’d as her hovercraft went whirling round and round like a tornado. She managed to spot the problem immediately while spinning. The left control cable of Green Lightning was wiggling. Its control linkage that tethered the cable from the cockpit to the engines was rattling! Oh no no no no no nooooo!

Too soon to lose! So Kanni quickly took out her trusty fix-it-majig whozitwotzit something-or-other and went to work! -Fixy!-Fixy!- That did the trick! The podracer course-corrected as its podracer tried to center herself. “Oowee-woowee…” Was a bit dizzy! But time to get busy!

That little hiccup had cost Velran Kilran’s daughter some moments but, as Green Lightning caught up, she was at least within the middle if not the lead. “I am the champion of the earth and sky!”

Kanni revved the engines as if she was twirling her shuriken and hoped for the best. “AND I’M BRINGIN’ THE THUNDER, FATHER! WOOHOOOOO!!”

Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla Valery Noble Valery Noble Slider Slider Hex Hex Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Eleena Salwa Eleena Salwa The Vulptex The Vulptex Tryk Zhot Tryk Zhot Vivian thretis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom