Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eat, Drink & Be Merry

Srina felt a familiar presence closing in on their small group. It was subtle darkness twined with a comforting warmth that she knew all too well. Her delicate hand rose without looking, the back of it touching her Master on the shoulder as he spoke, grateful that he had arrived to diffuse whatever it was that Akabane Jarvik was up to. She was not equipped for things like this. Immature behavior came to her rarely, fleetingly, and she especially avoided it in front of people of importance. Hence her refusal to join in the drinking contest. “Perhaps he merely needed a breath of fresh air Master…The hall is a little crowded.”

That was putting it lightly. It wasn’t like the aristocratic viewing party that she had attended for the Golbah Games. Precise, elite, and refined was a more accurate way to describe it. This was different. Louder. Carefree. There was no anticipation of a blood sport on the horizon. This was to be, as she understood it, entertaining and relaxing.

Gray eyes followed every movement Akabane made without shame. She visually picked him apart, analytical and silent, filing away details about him as efficiently as possible. He seemed embarrassed by her presence specifically but not so much that he couldn’t make polite conversation. It wasn’t until he stopped talking and jumped up onto the balcony ledge that she became pliable and lifelike. Akabane Jarvik was not a close acquaintance, not someone she knew personally, but he did belong to her Master. In that sense she cared for his well-being. “I enjoy the festivities as well as can be expected…Though I would enjoy things far more if you would get down from there.”

While others might have danced around the elephant on the balcony, Srina stated plainly, and clearly what she wanted. If he fell and broke his neck, or more precisely, every bone in his body, the Silvers would no doubt feel responsible. They seemed the type to shoulder blame where none was to be had, save, for the idiot boy imbibing and performing an impromptu balancing act.

Her Master spoke his peace next and the pale Echani remained wordless throughout. While some might have heard a playful suggestion from the Sith Lord, Srina heard real orders, and she nodded her head in acceptance. Akbane, if he were even the slightest bit worth his salt, would soon be attempting to sweep her auburn haired friend off her feet. “As you wish, my Master. That sounds lovely.”

Padawan Swail was apparently just as concerned and also made an earnest attempt to bring Jarvik down from the ledge. She was Jedi through and through—soothing and genuine. It would be hard for anyone to refuse her pleasant request. Regardless, the silvery apprentice offered Stephanie an encouraging smile. “It’ll be all right…At worst, he may dance like a rancor. On the other hand…You might just wind up with another Sith apprentice for a friend.”

Akabane Jarvik was dashingly handsome, that was a fact. Mercurial silver eyes inaudibly willed him to obey their master. Yes, handsome indeed. If only his common sense was as equally extraordinary.

Her perfect porcelain features broke as a well-designed smile formed and tension eased from her bones. The small Echani reached up and stole the drink that Darth Metus held, likely in mid-sip, and deposited it on the edge of a small decorative pillar. “You cannot very well dance one-handed and don’t even think to try. Let me remind that you spent far too much on this dress to ruin it with liquor.”

Srina reached out and took her Masters hand, as she had a hundred times before, and little fingers wrapped neatly around his. Her innate formality and ease of familiarity with Darth Metus was in complete dichotomy of itself. It was simply how they were. Dark and light. The graceful woman slid by him, passing another smile at Stephanie, before her form disappeared past silken curtains, tugging the Sith Lord with her.

Liquid silver eyes briefly met glowing burnished ginger and she nodded her head slightly toward the dance floor. This is what he wanted, was it not? “Shall we?”

[member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Akabane Jarvik"] |

Ah the promise of a ship, either to fly in or to salvage. That seemed to do the trick in drumming up competition.

The Holdover wasn’t the greatest vessel in the galaxy, but it was space worthy and had served her and Averin well during the time they’d owned it. Still, Lola planned to win the contest so it’s not like the slaver ship would be going away anytime soon.

The first one to speak up suggested Corellian Rum. “Alright then. What’s your name so I know who will be first one to scrape off the floor tonight?" Lola asked, with a slight weave to her step, courtesy of the glitterstim. She momentarily scanned the room, looking for more victims.

“Nope that appears to be it, for now. Bottoms up?”

Lola tipped the first shot of rum into her mouth, draining it quickly and smacking her lips, feeling a slight burn in her esophagus from the straight liquor.

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Averin An'Arach"]

OOC: I’ll roll the dice for the ship if that works.

While he was busy being mischievous, Metus made his appearance and Akabane almost slipped off when his master spoke. A question of why he was standing on the handrail was asked, telling him he should be dancing. He grinned as he sipped some more of the wonderful drink obtained earlier. "You may right but the wind is my partner tonight, master." he spun around, chuckling. The joke was hardly funny, all three spectators were unhappy with his actions.

Akabane wasnt one to show a lady an unpleasant time, preparing his landing when Metus spoke again. This time, it was an order. Instructions were clear. A grin found its way back his on face. "That's a great idea, master." Hopping down, he walked slowly in Stephanie's direction. The drink in his hand found a resting place on the railing. I'll return my love. he took in a deep breath before getting closer.

He held out one flat hand and placed the other behind his back. Leaning forward a bit, he asked the age-old question. "Care to dance?" he wanted to thank the young lady. "Thanks for your concern. I had that under control though, Miss uh..." he paused, Akabane didn't know her name yet. "My apologies. Can I get your name?"

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"]

Ellidar stared over at [member="Lola An'Arach"] and her so called drinking competition. He wondered. "She's about to competition for a ship? Wow. It would be nice to have my own source of transportation, after walking on my own two legs for a while. I'll try it, and see where it goes."

Ellidar arose out of his chair, rebuilt together his little toy, slid it into his bag, and started to approach the table. He shook with anticipation, but with a little fear. He had never tried rum before, let alone alcoholic beverages. He did only when the curiosity came over him. It was a bitter taste, but he sort of liked it.

"Hey, Miss. Your doing a competition for a ship, or so I've heard. I'll try my luck and out drink you, that is if your willing."'

Ellidar reached for one of the glasses, and drunk up the rum slowly. He finished it and shook his head. It was so bitter to him the he almost dropped the glass. He set it down gently though on the table.

[member="Lola An'Arach"]

Kurayami was not overly surprised with her question, with a smirk now forming on his features.

"Name's Kurayami Bloodborn. And don't worry, you won't need to scrape me off the ground tonight. I'll be sure to be sober enough to fly before leaving."

Though not entirely meant as a joke he did chuckle slightly at the last statement, him being sober enough to do much later on was very much in question. After she downed her first shot, another young man stepped up to the plate to accept the challenge.

"Well looks like another has stepped up, and she isn't the only one you gotta outlast. Gotta take on all comers from my understanding. Last man standing type of situation. Or woman as the case may be."

Picking up the shot in front of him, he raised it towards both challengers before downing it. The burn of the liquor was an old friend by now, though not as satisfying as the more intense feeling of namana nectar. This was part of his reason for choosing it, wouldn't burn as bad going down for him. Turning the shot glass over to show it was empty, he set it back down on the table.

[member="Ellidar Pertho"] [member="Lola An'Arach"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Averin An'Arach"]

What...was this?

Having said his piece, Darth Metus had the distinct opportunity to get a feel for the scene before him. Upon sauntering in and demanding that his Apprentice make the best of the festivities, he had made himself ignorant to the obvious tension between the three. A simple glance at the faces of Padawan Swail and Srina told him that there was something more to their presence on the Balcony. And, unlike those competing over a free ship, he had not yet fallen prey to the perils of stiff drink.

So, putting two and two together...Oh.

A half chuckle escaped him. A knowing chuckle. For one, the Sith knew that [member="Akabane Jarvik"] spoke true in regards to his "partner" being the Wind. Although it was a frivilous talent in his opinion, it was one that had enabled the boy to soar - literally - during the bout on Geonosis. But...as with all things of the evening, there was alcohol involved. During their first training exercise, the Sith was relatively certain Akabane was sober. But right now, he couldn't be certain. One wrong step and...

The concern plastered on their faces made sense. Yep.

But, thankfully, orders were orders and the Wild Child was on his way to cutting a rug with [member="Stephanie Swail"].

And that left he and [member="Srina Talon"] to lead by example.

Now, tonight, the young Echani had gone two-for-two in getting away with murder. First she had robbed Darth Metus of his excessively stylish sunglasses. Now she deprived him of a beverage! Sure, it wasn't like he would have even attempted to dance with her one-handed; she was a classy woman after all and demanded the whole of his attention. But, come on, chugging it down in one go wasn't so bad right? He was a strong, independent Vicelord who could handle one drink.

It was like she knew she could get away with it too.

He was sure of it at this point.

"I spent way too much on those sunglasses too, but look how far that got me." he said, beaming. Regardless, when she reached out and took his hand, his fingers responded with the lightest of squeezes. This was comfortable to him; just as it was to her. As she gave him a tug in the right direction, Darth Metus gave a nod to Padawan Swail and his Wind-swept Apprentice. "Have fun you two, see you out there."

Once a few paces out from the balcony, her voice chimed. Shall we?

"Let's."

[member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Akabane Jarvik"]

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
Aya smiled lightly, watching the interaction continue and listening to [member="Kurenai Yumi"] speak. Her arm rested on her sword hilt calmly, and the General was more than delighted to see Kurenai seemingly at peace for once with her son. As ever she seemed calm, though as a similarly 'hardened warrior' as she chose to put it, she could see the subtle differences in her expression, her stance. She was not an assassin, as her son seemed too eager to admit, but for one such as she, for whom subtle differences in motion were vital...

Ah here she was, overthinking things once more. She laughed softly under her breath, old habits don't die she supposed. She finished her wine, placing it on the tray of one man passing by with similarly drained glasses, and fixed her uniform's collar. "Worry not Miss Yumi, there are misfortunes far greater than bearing resemblance to your child. I would take solace in the presence of your mother, young Mr. Yumi, lest you one day regret the time not spent with them. And you can stop blushing Mr. Starwind, I am not some lovely maid come to steal you away. I merely presumed it audacious to not speak to those a part of the gracious host."

If you wanted to feel like you were talking to an old lady, despite her youthful looks, the poor boy had two options now.

[member="Douglas Starwind"]

“Very well, Mr. Bloodborn. We will see how your tolerance progresses."

Lola turned to face the man who stepped up, another slight totter in her gait. “Oh-ho! A second challenger. Mosey on over here and join us, cowboy,” Lola taunted. She watched Kurayami Bloodborn and the unnamed contestant finish their drinks. “I’ll need your name as well… you know, for tax reasons.”

The way the newcomer’s face wrinkled as he ingested the alcohol made it seem as though he was not a regular drinker. She shot Kurayami a glance and then whistled for the bartender.

“Bring over ten shots of Juri Juice over here!”

A serving droid had to make two trips but eventually brought all thirty shots over for the contestants and slowly lined them up on a nearby table. “Alright boys, it’s time to up the game. We will drink this all in one go. First one to stay standing gets The Holdover. Ready. On the count of three…”

“One, two, three…”

Lola slammed the first two shots of juri juice, but then sipped the third as she watched the two men figure out their strategy.

It wasn’t too hard, at least in theory. Just drink and stay upright. Simple, no?

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Ellidar Pertho"] [member="Averin An'Arach"]

OOC: After this round of posts, if your character is still standing I will roll a six-sided die for who gets the ship.

Raven could only laugh more at Asaraa's response. It wasn't drunkeness in particular that had her inebriated as so, but she didn't think to contest it. Rather, she couldn't.

She struggled to keep some sort of sense of awareness of her warping surroundings. She couldn't help but tilt her head as the further away from her hand turned sideways, and then back slightly. This movement almost caused the Padawan to fall over, but she kept her footing, though barely. She centered herself, but couldn't get over the overwhelming need to sit down. Should she stand any longer, she may find herself on the floor. Though high chances were, she'd end up there anyways.

Colors of various shades and intensities began to slowly obstruct her vision, and a strange sense of warmth began to cloud her mind. Perhaps she wasn't as attuned to drinking as she had figured. Or at least, not on whatever level this was, as her eyes turned to and fro in attempt to track the entities in her vision. She looked over to Asaraa, who was now glowing red, as her skin.

"Can we... C-Can we sit down? Thish... is weird..." she slurred.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

Ellidar picked up the glass and looked at it with curiosity, for he had never seen a beverage that looked like this. He swirled the beverage in its glass, a took a wiff of the drink. His nostrils flared up from the smell of alcohol and put the glass down for a bit. Ellidar thought in his head. "How does anyone drink this stuff? Ok, here we go."

Ellidar took the drink, pinched his nose, and swigged the first shot down. He let go off his nose to early and got a small and sweet taste of the beverage. He stuck his tongue out in disgust. He pushed the glass down and coughed, throwing up a bit in his mouth.

"Eugh! So nasty. But that's one shot down. One closer to you lady. And its Ellidar."

Ellidar reached for another one, staring at it before he tried to drink it again.

[member="Lola An'Arach"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

"Think the only thing I might be better at than drinking is...well not sure that isn't my best skill."

The smirk was still plainly visible as the younger man downed his shot and recoiled from the taste. He couldn't help but have a bit of fun with this.

"Can't imagine you will last all too long if a single shot of Corellian rum evokes that kind of reaction from you...best of luck either way."

Then the woman called for ten shots of Juri juice for each of them. Certainly not something Kurayami was used to drinking, but it wasn't as though he had never done so. Even if it had been a decade or more since drinking it, he knew it was a strong drink and ten shots was a decent amount. He mentally prepared himself as the thirty shots were poured and delivered. This was her true challenge she revealed, letting them know that once the countdown was complete they would all be drinking one shot after the next until only one was left standing. Well, time to see how this went down.

Taking a couple deep breaths as she finished the countdown, he was quick to down the first shot. The second he took in two swigs, and the third he slowed down even more on, to be fair, he had been drinking before the start so he was likely at a disadvantage, but the juri juice wasn't entirely unpleasant, though that isn't to say it was what he would define as "good" either. It was strong though, no doubt about that. He took a short pause to regain his bearings when he neared the end of the third shot. He was showing a small bit of unsteadiness, but it wasn't too pronounced, at least not yet.

[member="Lola An'Arach"] [member="Ellidar Pertho"] [member="Averin An'Arach"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Asaraa felt a tugging on her arm as Raven settled herself down on the floor in the middle of the room, a slurred question on her lips. Without the support of the other girl it didn’t take much to send Asaraa over, the Togruta flopping down next to her as her robes shifted and settled down around her. The Padawan was sober enough to know that the site of the two of them just sitting down on the floor in the middle of the party was...an unusual sight to say the least. Yet she was drunk enough that she didn’t really care. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]At least sitting down the world’s swaying didn’t seem to be threatening to knock her off her feet as she peered across at Raven, her eyes twinkling with amusement. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“I...that was some GOOOOD[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] punch. I wonder what they put in it.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She glanced around the room before leaning closer to her multiplying friend, idly wondering which of the four was the real Raven. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“You ok?”[/SIZE]

[member="Raven Sorenova"]

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Kat Decoria"]

The Padawan gave a smile back as Kurayami introduced himself. She was intrigued that he was a former member of the Silver Order, and by his assessment of the Force. Kira had read about Jedi who walked on both sides of the Force, but here was a man saying he didn't believe there was any difference between the light and the dark, that they were one in the same. Perhaps this is why he is no longer a part of the Silver Order? she thought to herself.

"I'm a Jedi Padawan of the Silver Order," she told Kurayami. "It's nice to meet you, and I'm glad you are still an ally of our Order." Kira could feel a strength in the Force radiating from the man. "Why did you leave the Silver Jedi, if you don't mind my asking?"

Yuroic smiled as he studied Jairdain. When she faltered in her sentence, he could sense which way the sentence was heading, it caught him off guard. He looked at her with a stunned like expression before he spoke. "Are you?" was all he muttered, it wasn't fear of having a child but one of not being sure if the young man would fit into the father role. He never really had been a father figure to anyone and he couldn't think of it going well, at least right now. There was so much chaos in their lives with both of them living so far apart.

"If you are then I will join you and be with you wherever you go." Yuroic wasn't a big part of the Silver Jedi so he was sure that his presence would not be missed, but he was even more unsure what his role was outside the Order. He hadn't know a good, productive life before he joined the Jedi. He didn't know what he could do if he wasn't with them, however, he wanted to be with Jairdain and their potential child. "I might not feel ready but if we have a child, I will try to be so."

[member="Jairdain"]

[member="Kira Novak"] | [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"]

Kat looked at the former Jedi and tilted her head, she was not that knowledgeable in the Force. It was just a weird mystical power in her mind. She smiled to Kira, there were noises of a drinking contest, it seemed that the man was one of the people participating. Kat moved closer to the bar and smiled to the bartender, asking for a strong drink. While she wasn't interested in winning a ship or out drinking someone, she did fancy another drink, her nerves were still quite high.

"Seems that he has joined a drinking contest, are you going to join in?" Kat whispered to Kira as she wandered back to her friend after getting her drink. Taking a small sip, she looked around, wandering what else was going on. The music was still going on and nobody seemed to be heading to the dance floor but the alcohol was making Kat feel a bit more adventurous, or perhaps foolheartedly was an accurate word. "Hey, Kira, lets dance!" Kat said excitedly.

Seeing the man drink down three shots in a row put a shiver down his spine and a scared feeling in his chest. Ellidar already did not like the taste nor the smell of the beverage, while the other two competitors were drinking it down easy. Ellidar gulped when this thought popped into his head. He grabbed another glass, held his nose, and drunk it down a few sips. He could still taste the bitterness of the drink, but it wasn't half as bad as last time. Ellidar grabbed a third one and repeated the same process. After a fourth one, the dizzyness and headache came rolling in. He slammed the cup on the table and stumbled a litte.

"Ohhh... What is this?"

His mind started to get cloudier by the second. Ellidar felt the rush of throwing up deep in his throat.

"Oh no.."

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Lola An'Arach"]

"I did clarify some day. Nothing yet. As for whether we are actually ready, I don't think any parent is. Comes with the territory I suppose."

She spoke softly and when he spoke again, it was just as surprising to her as her previous words had been to him. Knowing Yuroic was willing to give up the life he had made within the Silvers was wonderful. However, even she wouldn't feel right taking it away from him if it what he wanted.

Smiling at him and holding his hand, Jairdain rested her head on him. Just wanting to escape for a time and be just with him. To forget about the outside troubles and focus on what was in front of her.

"Are you sure you're willing to make that move, Yuroic?"

Her own room in the palace on Commenor wouldn't do for both of them, so a new home would need to be found. If he came.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

“You drink it really fast,” Lola answered. “Like this.”

At the same time the two contestants of the impromptu drinking contest slammed down the rest of their shots, so did the kiffar pirate. One by one, the small glass made its way to her mauve-hued lips, but around the ninth shot, she began to waver.

Of course, Lola thought she’d ingested Giggle Dust and not Glitterstim, and the latter was a powerful narcotic as opposed to the dust which caused more euphoria versus a sedative effect. She could not figure out why there were four contestants instead of two. She waved her hand around unsteadily and finally managed to cram the last two shots into her mouth without dropping the glasses.

“This tastes fine. Why are you throwing up, Elliot?” she asked, her voice a slurry mess of mushed together vowels and consonants.

As soon as the final drop of juri juice was down her gullet, Lola swayed, grabbed onto the table and said, “This is weird. Normally I can drink a loooooottt of alcohol. Ask my husband, the poor sod, but I feel like, very sleepy all of a sudden. So I’m gonna lie down right here and give the ship to you.”

Thump.

Before the petite kiffar passed out on the floor she pointed at Kurayami.

OOC
I thought it would be more fun to give the ship to one of you for playing along so well. Rolled an 8-sided die and got a 4:

9rFya6R.jpg

Kurayami was 1-4
Ellidar was 5-8

The ship is yours! I’ll change Lola’s bio to say that she lost it to Kurayami, and you can use this thread as proof. Congratulations and good try Ellidar!

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/70746-aurore-class-ii-freighter/

[member="Kurayami Bloodborn"] [member="Ellidar Pertho"] [member="Averin An’Arach"]

[member="Kat Decoria"]

"Oh no, I think I've had enough for tonight," she told Kat.

She was surprised when her new friend suggested dancing. Kira took a quick glance over to the barren dance floor. There's hardly anyone there. She couldn't even remember the last time she had danced, if she ever had. She was nervous enough as it was just standing and talking to people. But everything is okay, and it's going well. You can do more. Kira seemed to nod to herself for a few moments, as if deciding what to do. Just do it, you'll regret it if you don't. Finally, she grabbed Kat's drink out of her hand, took a large sip, and then handed it back to her.

"Let's go!" she said, grabbing Kat by the arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom