Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between Jedi factions

So, wasn't sure where to post this but i figured i would just do it here. I want to make a Jedi character but i have been so confused about what the difference is between all the jedi factions. Can somebody please shed some light on this for me?

sabrina

As far I can see not much icly, just a schism on how individuals wanted to go forward.
Also until the rift is healed, the one sith will probably dominate the galaxy.

[member="Darth Ferus"]
Well I found something called the Jedi Academy Network

Not sure why there are so many different branches. I figured that Jedi beeing Jedi they would all, you fly under one banner

DutchEminiator said:
Not sure why there are so many different branches.

Because a long time ago the Jedi decided that they couldn't agree, and rather than work towards compromise half up and left and made a new faction. From there it became an exodus of 'make your own.'

YYJnRz1.png

The New Jedi Order, is the Jedi order of the Galactic Alliance. The NJO is headed by Grand Marshall Omai Rhen, a fifty seven year old Human Jedi master.

Within the Galactic Alliance those within the New Jedi Order serve a multitude of roles including diplomats, peacekeepers, and even generals. Like in many other places, members of the New Jedi Order are respected, admired, and even adored throughout the worlds held by the Galactic Alliance. This affords the members of the New Jedi Order a certain amount of privilege, they are regarded highly and as such are often called on when help is required. They are perhaps more militarised and used to working with the GADF than most Jedi Orders.

Those within the Order follow no strict code, instead they work beneath the purview of Omai Rhen and his Jedi Marshalls. The Order itself maintains that all within its fold use the lightside of the force, may not be tainted by the darkside in anyway, and must uphold the laws of the Galactic Alliance. The New Jedi Order follows these simple tenants, instead of tying its members to the complex, strict, and even dubious natures of past Orders.

265950-Star_Wars-lightsaber-Jedi-artwork-concept_art-rain-736x459.jpg

The New Jedi Order is lead by Grand Marshall Omai Rhen. The Grand Marshall is the supreme authority within the NJO, his word his law and his will is done. Marshall Omai founded the Order to be quick and effective, and thus no Council sits beneath him. He is the one that makes the decisions and places the Order in the right direction to aid the Galactic Alliance. However, the Grand Marshal is not alone in his decision making and is often influenced and counselled by his Jedi Marshall's.

pZ1S1zh.png

The Jedi Marshall's are chosen from the ranks of the New Jedi Order, most often Masters, though not always. They are deemed the wisest, strongest, and most ambitious of the New Jedi Order and it is they who aid in the running of the Order itself. The Jedi Marshall's are those who lead the Jedi of the NJO in most things, though most often war and battle.

The rest of the Order functions much the same way as everything else. Masters serve to train, go on dangerous missions, diplomatic envoys, and many other tasks. Knights assist Masters with the aforementioned tasks and even conduct certain ones themselves, and Padawans train and aid their mentors and the Order as best as they can. Jedi have access to their own transports and their own armour.

The New Jedi Order is simple above all else, running on a concept of streamlined direction.

Find NJO tagged threads and Galactic Alliance tagged threads

Click below to join:

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
[member="DutchEminiator"]

Join me. I am a just a Force monk wandering through the galaxy learning from everyone who will teach me. I am a true servant of the Force, following it rather than dogma. Do good, serve the light, learn where and what you may from anyone that will teach you.

PS: This is a James Justice Alt. :p

Basically, the Republic government did some stuff back in the day that many Jedi did not appreciate, so they upped and left (myself included). The Order of the Silver Jedi was established on Voss by Jedi Master Iella E'ron and a handful of others who all had lost faith in the Republic, with the stipulation to never become a governing body or dabble in politics but merely serve as guardians to the existing governments of the respective worlds within their territory.

Later, the Silver Jedi and the Levantine Sanctum, a neighboring faction and close ally, merged together, thereby becoming the Silver Sanctum Coalition. It's also worth noting that the SSC does not cater to just Jedi, but also Rogue Jedi, Neutral Force-users, and even Dark Jedi - anyone who opposes the Sith, basically. Because of this, it's become more than just another Jedi splinter group at this point.

I hope this sheds some light into who we are and how we differ from the Galactic Republic. :)

Akio Diachi

For it was All but a Dream
[member="sabrina"]

Let me see.... was he in his "Force monk" stage or his "assassin" stage? :D

This character was an assassin until he had amnesia and is still recovering his past. But sure I am game with that.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Having looked at this very topic, my small piece of advice is not to put too much store in the words in the various brochures. Jedi on the boards tend to march to their own drum - regardless of the Faction they're allied to. So pick one you feel comfortable with and play the Jedi you want to be. That way you'll maximise your fun.

tumblr_lqwcwu0EfY1r1rvcno1_500.gif

Fabula Caromed said:
I always find it amazing how the Sith are more unified than the cult that preaches unity.
It's easier to be unified when your only creed is one of destruction. A lot easier for people to agree what is evil than to agree on what is good.

That said, *looks at Sith Empire, Sith Assassins, Sith Triumvirate, One Sith* who said we were unified?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom