Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Devil is in the Detail | Agents of Chaos Dominion of the Empty Hex SE of The Deep

FGSdyc.png

In Alwine's Apartment | Wearing this | Alwine Daye Alwine Daye

Her words were met with a soft opposition, it was obvious Alwine didn't mean to strike her down with them but simply explain herself. She didn't think this to be foreign lands, listing words that were never her home, including the wold of the wolves, Larentia noted as she listened. Those words had become foreign to her. She knew of Stewjon as the birth place of the Lechners, a world were behavior was archaic, where Alwine herself had almost burned once for being gifted. Larentia had never step foot on this world, she had heard so much that she did not wish to.

For Alwine, home was here, it was what she would protect.

A small quiet sigh escaped her, Alwine would never be able to see what Larentia was not allowed to show her. Her truth could destroy what she was working on, it could harm them all. As such, it was hard to build her trust now. Her amulet had kept her safe from others seeing the truth, in some, it had even caused a fog and no desire to learn the truth. Larentia herself had never known that power, she had only thought it would hide the truth of who she was... but not so literally. It had served her right sicne her arrival but now, that she had spent so much time with Alwine, even the amulet was not enough.

She couldn't help but wonder, her fingers tracing over it now as the other Lupine questioned who she was. Larentia wanted, more than anything, to rip it off her, to let at least one person in; to show them who she really was but future changed all the time, sometimes in small and other times in big ways. She couldn't risk their futures. Yet, Alwine wished to know about her and for all the history the two of the had... or would have, she owed it to her, Larentia decided.

"I was born on Figaro Favoura VII," she cautiously said, keeping her tenses in check. "My name is not important, not yet." Some day, perhaps, Alwine would draw conclusions herself. Then maybe, it wouldn't be her fault truth was revealed. Maybe then, they could now. Time was running out on keeping the truth, especially after what Katrine had done. Perhaps it was fate it had occured this way, Larentia considered. "I had a pack once, an ever-growing on. We were becoming stronger, more powerful as I was growing up. My future was imporant but...," blue gaze rose, met the brown gaze; stayed fix in it. "My grandparents went mad with power, I supposed; drunk on it. My grandfather believed there was a time for the second Culling of the bloodline, that it had grown too big. A vision saved my life. I had seen myself confront my grandmother and then I saw him rip out my throat. So... I ran." Her gaze stayed fixed on the other woman now that she had revealed something so personal, something she had never revealed to anyone. The vision more than anything was her truth, her secret. It would tell Alwine nothing of who her parents were but it would tell her so much either way.

FGSdyc.png

Tags: Larentia Larentia

s56d21.png

Alwine's brown eyes continued to study Larentia as the thoughts crossed across the other Lupine's mind. She could not pretend to know what it was that flashed behind her own eyes, what history it was that she was keeping away.

When Larentia spoke, there was nothing to suggest that she was lying. But Alwine didn't listen only to the words, but also what was behind them. She had been correct to assume that much would remain concealed, but she wished she knew how. If the truth somehow put Larentia in danger… It would mean that protecting her would be part of the things that the Agents of Chaos did. Just as they protected the rest of them.

How many Agents formerly belonged to other organizations? Branded as traitors simply for leaving, before ever raising a weapon against them? How many had come because their own planets were under constant threats, trying to move their families to places where it was safer? Almost all of them. They were too new to have people born into their world, in a manner of speaking.

But Larentia… She mentioned Figaro Favoura. That was where her pack was from. Alwine did not know much of the planet's history nor of that of the wolves on it. She knew what little bits and pieces her brother had told her, and it was far from giving her the ability to pain a full picture. But one thing she did remember, was that they were the only family left there.

Which meant that Larentia, was somehow a Van-Derveld.

Two years ago, connecting those dots would've set Alwine to rage, would've caused her to threaten the other Lupine and demand that she leave and never return. Thankfully, this was now two years ago. There were things that Alwine would have to iron out with Katrine herself when the time was right, but she would not allow her anger for past events to be inherited by those who had nothing to do with them.

But… The pack was growing? That was very much the opposite of everything Alwine had ever been told, had ever even heard.

Did it mean that her brother had lied to her? No, not purposefully; more likely, her brother had simply forwarded lies that he himself had believed. Alwine had never investigated into the situation of the Lupines on Figaro Favoura because she wanted nothing to do with that family if the other person who'd left her to die was its matriarch or future matriarch but now… Now she was thinking, perhaps she had been mistaken.

"Larentia," Alwine said softy, moving ever so slightly towards her. Other Lupines that she had met had been all about not realizing that personal space was a thing. She didn't know if the warrior before her was one of them - so she would make no moves to try to enter her personal space without an invitation. Her name didn't even matter. If she wanted to be called that, she would be called that. It was simple enough. Just as Alwine herself had changed her last name. All names could be changed. "Do we need to be the ones protecting you instead of the other way around? I don't know the faces of those who reign on Figaro Favoura, but even though you refer to this place as foreign lands, you will be protected here. Your throat will never be ripped out by your grandparents. This, I vow."

She reached with a hand, offering Larentia to hold it if she so willed.

Alwine and Larentia were not a pack. But… Larentia were right. When it came to certain things, they were of the same kind. And Alwine would protect her to the ends of the 'verse unless Larentia gave her reason not to.

FGSdyc.png

In Alwine's Apartment | Wearing this | Alwine Daye Alwine Daye

The Lupine was aware she was being watched, studied as she spoke. There was a thing to be said about the truth. Mother always said the truth was the best policy, no matter what. Lies were poison. She herself lived a life of secrecy and yet, she didn't lie, she only withheld. Mother would perhaps say this too was a form of a lie but sometimes, this was meant to protect those she loved. There was a thing to be said about her family, they had become a family of the time, living in an ever-fluctuating future. They all seemed to venture through, some to be gone for all times; others to live with the shadow of a future they were changing whether on purpose or not.

When she had finally spoken, she noted a shift in Alwine, approaching her. She paused, watched. Personal space was always a thing with Mother and grandmother but then so many things were. Alwine was different, her madness was in lack of it. However this had occurred, she didn't know but as Alwine drew closer, her body naturally moved closer to her. She was, after all, a person she would someday trust and it was completely natural to give her a piece of that trust now even.

Even if the other Lupine didn't know.

She supposed it made sense, the wolf considered, as Alwine offered the protection of Agents for her. Promised her protection; vowed it. A small smile spread across her face at those words before the hand had been offered. Perhaps she should have hesitated, the present time was different from the future but instead, Larentia released the pendant and took Alwine's hand. "Thank you, Alwine. I do not need protection here and now. Perhaps there will come a time for it but he will not harm me now." Grandfather was far from the monster he would become, even if Larentia's fear remained. Her grip at the offered hand tightened slightly though.

"I'm here with Chaos to change this galaxy for the better. Perhaps if we can truly do that together, we can save me too,". In the end, she wasn't here to save herself at all. She had gone, disappeared; perhaps she would never be able to return but that little girl who carried her name; maybe her future could be saved. That was her vow.

Xenro

Nox Aeternum.
FGcp3J.png

One was already on the floor, slowly cooling. "Asphyxiation?" The Sith took note of the exact cause, somewhat disappointed. "Simple, effective, yet bland. There is so much more potential to this pollen than closing an airway."

He watched two others writhing in agony on the floor as the fourth began to show his own symptoms. "Ah, but you're curious why it doesn't effect all of you at once, aren't you? Clever, clever, you see, different people are born with different tolerances and some are not even allergic to pollen. It appears you," Xenro gestured toward the man, now scratching feverishly at himself. Hives? Certainly an allergic response. "You had a much higher threshold for it than your friends. It was a rare breed, so that isn't necessarily unrealistic. You must be from a world that it was indigenous to. Still-"

Xenro ripped the gun from the hands of the final remaining soldier with a flick of his wrist. The weapon hit the floor and slid, far behind him. "Your death may prove the most useful to my research, since I can learn more about advanced antibodies. And I just can't have your last friend interrupting me while I watch you die."

He turned his gaze to the last of them, clearly immune, but paralyzed by his fear. "You released a rampant contagion into the air and exposed yourself? What if you hadn't been immune?!" The man was wide-eyed, equal parts horrified and enraged by what he was watching.

"Oh, but I wasn't immune," the Sith explained. "I've been working with this particular project for several months. And any good scientist knows, if you're going to be working with anything infectious," his voice grew soft as he moved closer, and he stroked the face of his final victim. "You should always be the first one immunized."

The syringe slipped through flesh so suddenly, the soldier had no time to react. The crimson gaze held his with a crooked smirk as he forced the chemicals into the man through his jugular vein. "Of course, immunity is the enemy of progress. Wouldn't you agree? Yes, I thought you might be agreeable to that..."

"Urk...! Ugh...."

As Xenro took a step back, the assailant emptied his stomach onto the floor. Mucous and blood flecked the pool of bile that grew in front of him. "Ah, yes, yes," he looked between the two dying men and sighed contentedly.

"A wildly successful experiment." He turned his gaze toward a protocol Droid that lurked near the back of the lab. "Faust," he said.

"Yes, my Lord?" It asked.

"See to it that deWinter is informed that the attackers have successfully been repelled from the greater Garden area," he told the Droid.

"And the experiment results?"

"No reason to trouble her with that," he waved a hand. "I'll finish cleaning up here when I've recorded my findings. Though, do encourage her to bar entry to the laboratory until further notice. I wouldn't want any... unfortunate consequences."

"Of course, Lord Xenro."

Dasmi Lindervale

D

The doors to the support shuttle were barely opening when Dimitri was pushing through the opening, Rimes hot on his heels as he spied the star fighters that pilots were jumping into. The admiral paused and Rimes bristled suddenly.

"No." She hissed, hands moving to grab him while he moved like water through fingers.

"I heard yes." The man scoffed, jacket being pulled off, showing the flight suit before shoving the jacket into her hands. "Get to the bridge, get us close and for force sake, lets get our people home." He waved from his temple, spinning around as a few of the Interceptor Jockeys watched the exchange. Through clenched teeth, she blew out a breath and drew one in through her nose.

"YOU CAN EVEN WEAR THE JACKET!" He hollered after her, her arms tensing as he saw the thought of throwing it on the hangar floor passed through her mind.

Eyes went wide as Dimitri made for the helmet rack, pilots scrambling to stand at attention, the man attempting one before failing to get it over his head and moving to the next. "Ease up, I am flying with you lot today."

"Sir?" A helmet was tossed his way, eyes glancing to the side as who he guessed was the master approached.

"Not fighting for lead, you want it?" The Master shook their head, the helmet sliding on and sealing as the vessel lurched into hyperspace jump. The assembled pilots jostled around each other, arms wild for a moment as the Master and Dimitri rocked with the vessel like trees swaying in a breeze.

"Strap in folks, Green! You are bench warming this time." The Master called, one falling out of line as Dimitri moved along with the others into the Needle Intercepors.

They were strapped in and warming engines by the time the jump was finished, the view before Rimes in the CIC was chaotic, her red eyes searching the field well ahead of them yet as she watched the Disruptors skirting the advancing Vagaari warships. The wraiths were still closing the distance but a handful were only flying on momentum having cut engines in lieu of the impending assault. In a rough v shape, lead wraith several ship lengths ahead of the twin tails had been one to cut engines.

The two tails encircling the looming vessel as the Disruptors advanced on either side and moved to keep the tails covered. The gunners were giving precise fire, directed by both their own data and whatever the Disruptors and Mark VII were feeding them as they split their fire between port and starboard. The shields weren't going to hold long against the focused assault.

"Move the Guardian to a position beneath the enemy warship! Focus Ion cannons to the warship and fire long turbo's at the fleeing vessels! Heavy turbo's focus on middling vessels! Give our people some cover!" Rimes did not yell, her voice concise and easily cut through the hushed tones around her. The Guardian began opening long range fire against the sterns of the Vagaari ships that were fleeing.

The green light in the hangars flared to life, Dimitri gunning his engines as the Interceptor lurched ahead of the others, kicking him in the chest as he ripped through the shield of the hangar as alarming speed. The squadron behind him churned to life, momentarily stunned at the mans eagerness.

"ADMIRAL-!" The master called over the comm, the crackle of a laugh cutting him off.

"Keep up folks!" He called back, cutting the engines mid turn and floating for a brief moment as he spun clockwise with forward momentum carrying him.
"DON'T WAIT FOR AN INVITE!" The engines flared, hull shuddering against the g-force as he fought the backwards pull and leaned into the move. Four Interceptor squadrons flowed from the Guardian, the assault vessels slowly emerging behind them after the Guardian closed the distance between it and the warship.

Enemy fighters were scouring the areas around the Wraiths, Disruptors focusing half their available point defense as they slowly edged closer to the other corvettes. Torpedo's flared across the wraith hulls as explosions filled the space around them.

Interceptors screamed onto the scene, point defenses on the enemy warship coming to life as Dimitri corkscrewed around an incoming fighter. Lasers danced across his canopy, dropping to quarter engine power as he rounded the top half of the loop and pulled the stick back hard. It groaned once more as he pitched the nose against the inertia and forced the starfighter into an awkward wing over before pulling onto the enemies tail and throttled the engines up.

Dimitri's Interceptors stacked into a thach weave as they entered the fray, focusing targets that presented themselves before splitting off into pairs to repeat the maneuver between other pairs.

Guardian Jumped and entering the fray
Mark VII's Tracking the Targets
Wraith Firing on the warship in a pincer formation
Disruptor Corvettes Covering the Wratihs

Last edited by a moderator:
FGSZ8z.png

Jai'galaar glared under his helmet before sending out a few shots at the man before having a shot hit his chest plate. Osik! He quickly jumped out, seeing the man run again. Jai rolled his eyes and quickly ran to follow. But before he could....

WHAM!

A durasteel pipe to the helmet. Ow.... He looked up as the man grabbed him and went for another hit. Jai Dodged, delivering a punch before grabbing his weapons again and going to slash him. He was given another smash to the face, and then the gut, and of course the already shot leg! Jai grit his teeth before letting out a whistle, which garnered a laugh from his attacker.

"A little whistle won't save you Mando. Guess you're a bit of a weakling." It was then that a Strill jumped from the ceiling and latched onto the slavers face. He quickly swung his arms around, then.... A blast. The slaver fell as Jai just laid there Trayc'kal leveled before he lowered it and panted. He was soon joined by the Strill which seemed almost worried.

"Hey, Madalena. Remember that hospital you mentioned?"

Madalena Antares Madalena Antares Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Conn Dagorian

Minerva moved into a distant orbit of the Scintilla and took up a holding pattern. the massive vessel remained cloaked and was only utilizing passive sensors for now. The ships that they had seen heading for the spheres had fled moments before they arrived and the greater force of defense craft which were in the systems had given chase. There was not much they could do at the moment but keep an eye out for any other aliens hiding around the massive structure.

"Sir, we have nothing on sensors but comm chatter seems to indicate something or someones are still aboard the station." Holt nodded then looked out at the spheres in the distance. He knew something was out there, hiding in plain sight. "Let's just sit here, for now, Captain, They do not know we are here and let's keep it that way. Once they try to leave then we will have them," said Holt patiently staring at the display.

"Have any of out new pilots reported in?" asked Holt of the Minervas captain. "Not yet sir, just the call from mister Mosses." answered the captain. Vernan frowned and tried to forget about the man. "Very well, If any of them message s on the secret channel let me know, we may need them before this is over," said Holt He needed those pilots aboard as soon as possible but was not about to break their silence to send them orders to report. For now, they would wait, see what happens.

FGcGSW.png

THE PACT OF CHAOS: BURN
"We are the servants of Anarchy and the messengers of His justice.
We are the instruments of his divine wrath on the mortal plane.
We are called upon to cleanse his Empire
And spill the blood
Of thine enemies.
Of thine false gods
Of thine heathens
Praise to our Lord!"

Location: Disruptor Vessel at the forefront for the AOC fleet
Unit: 40 troopers of The Death Brigade of the Chaos Pact
Actions: Katarn Boarding Ships breach the crippled Vagaari ship and Brigadiers clear the hangar.
Tags: Dimitri Lindzinsky Domino Domino Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter Aurelia deWinter Aurelia deWinter Vernan Holt Vernan Holt

Engines burning pink hot as the two Katarn Boarding Ships ripped through the void, they came closer and closer to their target, like a predator closing in on its wounded prey. The battle raged all around them as the fleet began to grip the tail of the raiders, slowing tearing them apart. Sometimes, stray rounds would skirt by close and force the pair to adjust their course. They were forced to add seven minutes to the estimated time to arrive due to such delays.

The two pilots in the climate-controlled cabins began to fidget nervously as they announced their status to the Pact commander attached to the fleet. They were very well aware that that the insane cultists in the bay below them were not pleased with all.

Within each Boarding vessel was the Arlurk, the basic squad commander of the Pact. They lead the seated troopers in one last prayer of Victory as they began to near the crippled bulk of the Vagaari ship.

It looked to be from the scans, a cruiser, or transport or some sort. The engines had been blown clean off from the ship by the missiles launch by Disruptors, leaving it without any propulsion. Much of the armaments had been stripped clean by accurate strafing runs. A few were still left, pitifully sending out lines of tracers at the enemy ships bitting at it. Shields were down, the projectors blown out by surgical strikes. The scans also noted the presence of individuals trapped in sealed bubbles on the outside of the ship. The platoon leader was not concerned, his battle was on the inside.

The two boarding shuttles turned in and pointed their armored noses at what had been identified to be the main hangar of the enemy ship, looking the cliff-face of a metal wall. Within the compartments, the lights turned red. The Brigadiers clamped tight in the cages barely acknowledged the notification. But their fists tightened around their weapons.

The pilots increased the strength of the scans. The gates to the hangar were shut, though the local shield was down, and there were several blackened dents from strikes. A weak point was identified in the absolute center. The two pilots looked at each other through the void of space, their craft barely fifty meters apart, and nodded.

The afterburners of the two ships were activated and the Katarns lurched forward violently like it had been kicked in the behind by a giant. The engines screamed as they were pushed to their utmost limits. There was nearly three thousand kilometers between them and the target. Calculations stated they would clear that distance in twenty seconds. Eight seconds from the cliff-face, their laser cannons began accurate strikes against all the identified weak points. Their ruthless blasts puckered and warped the metal cliff. The hatch bubbled and then liquefied, spurting geysers of molten white-hot blobs into the void like miniature volcanic eruptions. A dozen more laser rounds found themselves uninterrupted as they passed through the punctured points, detonating inside. Still, the doors refused to be fully breached. A Katarn took the front while the other lowered it’s speed, dropping directly behind the flaming engines of the other.

The first Katarn struck the gates.

Now they breached.

The impact stove the gates in. The Katarn punched through the wall like it was wet tissue, traveling into the ruined bay, spattering the vessel with molten metal. The bay explosively decompressed for a second. Droids, loading vehicles, containers, crew, and star-fighters were sucked out, carried on the rid-tide of the awesome power of the vacuum of space. Then the atmospheric shields activated the sealed the breach but nearly everything was gone, dozens dead in just a second.

The first impact had robbed the first Katarn of most of its forward momentum. The expert pilot stabilized the guttering vessel with great difficulty. It crashed down onto the bay, digging a trench behind it as it dug into the reinforced skin. Part of its right-wing was ripped off. A Vagaari star-fighter that had not been evacuated met the stabbing ram of the Katarn. It tore the star-fighter in two like it was nothing, tossing wreckage everywhere. It, at last, came to a stop as it slew sideways and struck the bulk of a heavy container. Its sister was much more elegant, slowing down majorly as it entered the hangar. It extended the landing ramps and landed pillow-soft.

“For Khaos! Hail! The Arluk’s barked through their comms. The front ramps of the two Katarn’s dropped, the clanging it made as hit the floor echoed through the bay. They emerged into the wracked, unstable atmosphere of the Vagarri hanger. It was a large hanger that contained dozens of other ships with a high roof and walkways.

Huge fires were blazing all around the bay, parts of the roof were collapsing from battle damage, crashing with earth-shaking might. Some form of fuel oil had been spilled from a punctured tank and was rapidly spreading across the deck. It was alight, like a field of bright yellow crops: blazing golden flames and their reflection on the black mirror reflection of oil. Apocalyptic wind swept through everything as the atmospheric shields barely kept the death of the void out.

“Hail! Hail! Hail!” The Brigadiers chanted in unison, as one, as they pushed forth. They strode through the fire, heedless and uncaring. Flame light glittered off the Holy Symbol upon their chest and off their iron masks and sparkled off the boarding shields.

Almost at once, weapon fire began to whip down into their ranks from launch control room two stories up, it’s windows shattered by the pressure wave generated by the breach. It was small-arms, the service pistols of the bridge crew that had survived the blast or the snub carbines of security troopers.

Almost at once, those with the shields took up the front ranks, forming a wall of metal advancing forward. The forward elements hugged the wall for protection. A mixture of slugger and blaster fire spanked off the shields, feeling like someone was just slapping it. It was slowly but surely intensifying as scanners from the Katarn’s scanners detected more and more living entities. Their first strike might have been mighty and killed many in seconds, but their foe was reacting efficiently and swiftly. It only strengthened the Brigadier’s resolve, they seemed to have met a worthy foe.

“Grenadiers, forth!” The Cornithim, the Platoon Leader, and overall leader of the incursion orded. “Target the high points.”

“Hail! Hail! Hail!” The Brigadiers once more chanted in unison. Four grenade launchers were raised and spat out grenades in a relative thump! thump! thump! in an incessant infernal repetition. Several rounds went through the broken windows of the control room. Fire and grit slammed out of the windows. A walkway grating above was dislodged, falling from the heavens with the enemy troops following close behind, arms flailing like they believed falsely they had wings. Immediately, the fire falling upon their heads ceased forever.

The forty Brigadiers quickly crossed over the other side of the hangar, their steel boots crushing blacked bones below their stampede, to the main blast door that lead to the heart of the ship. It was locked firm, the control panel refusing any attempt to open it.

It was futile, the Angels of Death would not be so easily halted in their duty by a puny door.

The troopers re-organized themselves so that the shields formed before the entranceway. Small gaps were made so that those with the heavy Repeaters could poke their barrels forward while maintaining protection. Grenade launchers were kept to the rear if they needed indirect fire support. The elite Pioneer trooper attached went forward and began his work on the blast door.

“Cover and clear!” yelled the Pioneer as he hastily retreated behind the shield wall from the bundle of plastic explosive he had glued to the shield hatch. He squeezed the remote detonator in his fist. The channeled blast tore the doors inwards like paper. There was barely a shockwave on their side of the hatch.

In a fog of choking black smoke, the shields advanced with absolute unity and discipline, making sure that there was no breach in their formation. They moved into a hallway, the main access corridor by the looks of it. There was streaks of blood on the floor where personnel had fled the first strike, dragging any wounded with them and then sealing the door behind them.

The shields tightened up, eight abreast in a formation that filled the corridor from side to side. A moving wall, resilient and formidable, they advanced step by step forward. Blaster-fire began to snap at them, smacking off their rigid shields with no effect.

It was near pitch black, many of the lights having been knocked out by the destruction of the engines, but the visor-scanners implanted within their masks switched on infra-sight, bathing the entire scene before them in blood red. They saw that their foe had set up a makeshift barricade at the end of the corridor, using benches and lockers they had dragged forward.

Included, there was a more organic barrier, un-armed individuals. Several of the Vagaari had citizens held in front of them, using them as shields in brutally tight head locks. Their clothes were torn, ragged, much of their skin whipped raw by the slave drivers to force submission onto them. They were wet-eyed, tears driving tracts through their dirty skin.

“Cornithim, I ask for advice for actions to take upon the citizens. High command has stated their maintained integrity is part of the mission goals.” Arlurk Mira asked as she braced her shoulder against her shield, grunting with each impact. The level of firepower falling upon the shield was starting to become torrential, like horizontal rain.

“Fire, they are acceptable casualties within established parameters.”

“Your will be done, Cornithim.”
The Arlurk replied without an inkling of doubt and hesitation. She nodded to the heavy gunners.

They opened fire, the six repeaters rapidly crescendoing into a rolling thunder of noise as the shots followed each other so quickly they became a single wall of noise. Stitching lines of blaster-bolts filled the corridor and cut everything that stood before the Brigadiers apart. Bodies dropped or exploded. Wall panels blew open and parts of the ceiling collapsed, crushing the corpses, civilian and raider mixed so that none could tell the difference.

The gunners pulled backward, raising their glowing red barrels up as they tore a new strip of ammunition from the power-packs in their back.

“Advance brothers! Clear out each and every room. No mercy! No respite! No doubt! In the name of Khaos,” The Cornithim howled through his mask’s voice amplifier, coming out as fiercely augmetic and full of rage. “purge these filthy heathens, cleanse them with Holy Fire!”

“Hail!” They all oathed.

Outside, in the cold void of space, escorted by two fighters, a shuttle began to near the crippled ship. Within its climate-controlled passenger bay, flanked by a dozen honor guard, the High Seraphim... slumbered.

Last edited:
Objective: 1 find sister

The sound of the sword as it revved harded and dug into the meat of the alien that might or might not have taken her sister brought Bundori's attention around. The teenager was spinning around and had caught him before she giggled and had a small snort... "WEEEEEEEE.... hey no fair your body grease is gunking up the blades." She said it and pulled it out standing there for a moment and flung the blade to the side to clean it and get the pieces out before she was looking. "Now where was I.... hmm" She stopped and spoke looking at one of them as she pointed. "Oh you know what momma said?" She asked him and he seemed confused for a moment. "MOMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT."

Ray closed the channel to Holt and took a drink from the glass in front of him. around him, the bar was a hive of degenerate mayhem controlled loosely by a few bouncers and the proprietor Sal. Ray had known Sal for a while, the two were best friends, they did everything together. Ray liked the joint for the most part, at least along as there were no Faleen around. These people were insane, dirty, ruthless and generally bad people, His kind of people. Ray had found a second home here in this pigsty of a hookerless brothel, which was the one downside of the place. No Hookers.

The door shot open and a transient fellow with some sort of skin disease bust in screaming something about slaves and dragons and being a wizard. Ray thought to himself, another family member has found his way home. Ray looked around then noticed the people of the bar becoming restless. He must have missed something when the man came in because the next thing he knew Sal was tearing the wall apart and throwing weapons at people. A blaster hit a man in the head to his surprise and knocked the man unconscious. Another woman grabbed what Ray could best describe as a flame thrower of some kind. One guy ran out of the bar with a large sphere that had a biohazard symbol on the side. Ray stood and walked over and grabbed a rifle from the stash of weapons, He looked it over then grabbed a second rifle, just for good measure. The three blaster pistols a Vibosword, three knives, a shuriken, four grenades, what Ray decided was a stick with a nail in it, and a sandwich that had been left on the bar and walked outside.

People were running about frantically screaming about stolen people and slavers and how Mister Jurin was having an affair with misses jones. How that mattered at a time like this was beyond Ray but the woman screaming it shooting at a man running down the street with a shotgun mad it worth Rays attention. Ray decided to turn and walk the other direction. He looked over at Sal two had joined him outside with his own weapons and smiled.

"It seems Misses Jones got a thing going on."

Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi

The streets were in an uproar, people yelled, people screamed, children laughed because they didn't realise the severity of the situation. In amongst it, dispersed and armed to the teeth were dozens of drunk Kark patrons trying to corral the masses and doing about as good as you’d expect. At the very least anyone with thoughts of kidnap and indentured servitude would see the well equipped militia and think twice about making this their next hunting ground.

“Mrs who?” Sal was only half paying attention as they moved through the crowds toward the docking port of Eve. It was a long way off and being that this was the Slums, there wasn't a robocab to be had (The residents always paid their fares but their neighbours could strip a piece of machinery quicker than a Jawa on glitter stim), so it was a hoof number.

“Get inside you morons!” he yelled at the crowd, panic and fear had spread like a virus and you couldn’t cut through that with a diamond toothed chainsaw. “Eyes sharp. Mouth shut.” he said to Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses , they were nearing the east side of the Slums, the divide between the gleaming city and the sprawl of the Slums was fast approaching. If the drunk was to be believed, this is where the action was.

Meanwhile, at the Kark off, The Kid had just come out of the bathroom to find the bar utterly devoid of clientell. He'd missed the dramatics and stood there with semi-wet hands, his hair forever held in the visage of a shark fin by enough product to build a fairly sturdy cruiser, utterly baffled. He complained about his job at great length and often but now that he had nothing to do and no idea why, he didn't know what to do with himself. He stood behind the bar, because muscle memory had taken the wheel, and like all good barmen everywhere set about the sticky bartop with a rag, utterly determined to embrace his ignorance and ignore the muffled commotion outside the doors of the bar.

Ray walked through the crowd constantly watching every direction as he went. If the transient mutant wizard was right somewhere up ahead there were slavers looking for fresh meat. Ray had a nice sandwich that seemed like it was pretty fresh and in no way wanted to give it to any slavers. He would defend his sandwich to the death if needed. Well not his death but he was sure he would use some of these people around him as cover if needed. Sal spoke telling him to keep his mouth shut to Rays dismay. "My mouth shut? how am I gonna eat this sandwich if my mouth is shut Sal" asked Ray. He knew what Sal meant but still, his mouth shut. Sal knew better. Ray tucked the grenades and shurikan into a pocked in his jacket, one of the three blasters into his belt the other two into pockets, stuck a knife in reach boot and one in an interior pocket then slung all but one of the blasters over his shoulder as the walked down the street. Now that he was situated he was ready to face these mysterious slavers.

"Hey Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi , I forgot to get anything to drink when we left. You got anything?" Asked Ray as the two mean neared the edge of the slums. "Oh hey, I just remembered. The Dancer is in that hanger up ahead. We can use it to get out of here," Said Ray pointing to the large hanger ahead. I will have Thunderdome fire up the engines" Said Ray then tapped in a code and command on his wrist pad. "She will be ready to go when we get there," said Ray smiling at Sal with a degree of satisfaction that he did something useful and no one died.

FGcGSW.png

ORR Fleet: Sweet Kahllina & Blue Nose

Domino didn't know how many people had died in her service, too many, but it still hurt whenever one of the markers on her screen for a fighter flashed and went dark. Carefully she watched on, trying not to exhibit any expression that might show through her suit's visor. Someone was always watching. Then one of the dropships went down to a lucky shot from one of the few remaining capital ships that weren't yet crippled into uselessness. That was her next target then.

Keying in new orders, she had the squadron of x-wings she'd been holding back take off after frigate-sized pirate. "Captain, once our dropships have breached, release the tractors and vector for an attack on pirate vessel I've just highlighted. Persecute the target as you see fit, you have the con." Barely waiting for his acknowledgment, Domino stood and made her way back to her small set of rooms. She hadn't been planning to engage the enemy personally, but with the boarding teams already occupied with one ship it was time to change into something a little more robust.

The crowd swarmed around them but at the very least they were all heading in the same direction, which was more than Norongachi had expected in the terror soaked miasma radiating through the Force.

“Quietly?” Salem offered only half paying attention. Truth be told, despite all this talk of sandwiches (Which Norongachi was beginning to think was a metaphor of some kind, because he’d never actually seen the man eat one.) Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses carried himself like a soldier.

They’d been in some dicey situations before but they’d either been too hectic or too bizarre to notice the way he held his weapon or the way his eyes instinctively checked for positions where they might come under fire.

He filed that information away for later consideration and tried to move between the gaps in the crowd where possible but some of the streets in the Slums were so narrow that the hundreds of bodies in flight created an impassable barrier several rows deep. So he’d lead them down a side alley and then another, their path meandering toward the source of fear.

“Silly question,” Norongachi said and let his rifle hang by its strap while he fished out his hip flask and tossed it to Ray. “If we make it that far…” there were no people here on the edge, the buildings lay abandoned. Here and there he saw a smashed window or a door with its frame splintered, the sad piece of wood hanging ajar on its hinges.

“Somethings coming.” the words had barely been birthed into the world when something lept from a shattered window on the second floor of a building to their right. The shot Norongachi fired was instinctive, falling into a turn that sent a bolt from the Prax Energy Rifle and impacted the creature as it hit the dirt street. This didn’t seem to bother it in the slightest and it shook its snout as it stood and let a low growl fill the space between them before it became a blur of motion, its clawed fore paws biting into the dirt under it while it darted and zigzagged its way toward them at frightening speed.

Ray had followed Sal thinking the man knew a short cut. The streets behind them were so packed it had become hard to navigate and it seemed like a good idea to get off the beaten path so to speak and try to get around the mass of frightened people. It seemed like a beautiful idea until Ray looked at the slender creature then as its teeth and the ridiculous claws on its from feet.

"ooo a puppy" said Ray as he pulled out the stick that had the nail through it. "Here boy, come to Ray, let me love you" Ray said swinging back the stick and nail preparing for the creature to come and let Ray pet him. The Wolvkill jumped at that and Ray sidestepped the thing and hit it in the side of the head as it flew past him. The creature landed a few matters behind them and shook its head which now had a board stuck to it by a nail.

"Well that usually kills doggies but this one seems more pissed off now than about to die," said Ray as he ran down the list of things he had at his disposal to fight rabid half dog half whatever made the dog its companion for the night. Ray looked down at the sandwich in his hand then at the Wolvkil. It looked like a good sandwich, then he thought about the other weapons he had. He pulled the Shuriken out and threw it at the monster missing it by at least a meter. A thud slammed against the side of the nearby building drawing the Wolvkil's attention. Ray looked over at Sal and smiled.

"Hey Sal, wanna help out here?" asked Ray as the Wolvkil decided the noise behind him was nothing and returned his terrible intent back on he two men.

"He boy, Nice pup, wor, kit, whatever you are. Hey, are you hungry?" asked Ray teaching out his hand with the sandwich in it. Hey, here you go Boy, girl, gender-neutral. I don't know your life, But here have a sandwich." Ray took a grenade and put it on the sandwich and threw it in front of the Wolvkil.

"See food, Yum yum" said Ray as he reached for the vibro sword on his back. He started backing away from the beast then looked over at Sal.

"You may want to take cover" Ray said as his slow backing up turned into a dive behind a trash dumpster.
Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi

Conn Dagorian

C

FGSZ8z.png

Weapons: Tazi Vibrosword, Whimsy Knife, Scout Carbine, Merr-Sonn Type CC Blaster Pistol
Armor: Phase I Haywire Armor
Tag: Madalena Antares Madalena Antares , Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas

resT8f.png

Conn's feet had planted firmly in the soft farming soil, watching the raider's body collapse. He too a quick but deep breath, relishing the satisfaction of the kill, only to quickly gather himself. It was a pleasure he did not allow himself to revel in, it was a notion he still struggled with accepting. The thrill of the kill was an indulgence that had ultimately lead to his excommunication from the Jensaarai. He did not want to lose what could be his knew home with the Agents.

A darting glance at his surroundings revealed no more raiders fleeing the ravaging winds that had tore at the house. Such power, Conn admitted, was unexpected, and a bit rattling, from the woman he had recently met at a sabaac table in Eve. While Conn had immediately discerned something remarkable about Madalena that night, the man had no inkling of that which she was capable.

Conn first caught sight of the long rifle rising from the ground, then of the platinum haired, blue-green skinned 'Nyx as the buxom sniper came out of concealment and joined Madalena. Conn made his way towards the mysterious leader as the unit formed up around her, heading into the farmhouse to finish of this contingent of raiders.

Dasmi Lindervale

D

The guardian was pumping fire into the engines of the ships attempting to escape, a number of their shields beginning to fail as they listed slowly forward whenever the propulsion gave out. Focusing their fire, the guardian did their level best to aim at the weapons systems, coming under fire from the warship ahead of them as the Wraith's followed suit in the destruction of enemy weaponry. The Disruptor's were chewing through enemy starfighters, point defenses syncing together and firing triplicate bursts in succession of one another. The first pair of rounds chewing on the shields, the second set either finishing them off or beginning to eat away at the hull before the final burst sent the small fighter vessels ablaze.

The Needle Interceptors were making the best of a bad situation, bombs attempting to be carefully placed. After a while, giving up on the attempt with the explosive's proximity to close to the bubbles. A few of the captives were jettisoned into space, pilots crying out in their comm's at their mistake.

"Hey, hey. Chit happens. Don't focus on what is done. Try to do better. Focus on those little fighters." Dimitri called over the line, his message making it slowly through the line as more interceptors focused on the enemy starfighters, several more boarding vessels were tossed into space, a number of them spreading out as soldiers armed with Phase II Haywire armor and a number of weapons. Scatterguns, heavy blaster rifles, pistols for those carrying durasteel shields.

The boarding shuttles were slow, but they punched hard into the ships around them. Shield troops entered first, enemy fire pouring on as heavy weapons came forward and blasted beyond the shields, their users behind the cover. Screams rocked the air inside the enemy ships, both Vagaari and other. It was a firefight, and blind-fire was being utilized by the AoC troops that boarded.

Another of the boarding vessels was scrambling towards the last further flung ship, a number of troops on board with other members of the AoC, all of the soldiers armed and ready to go as the first four had durasteel shields at the ready of the nose of the ship.

Guardian Jumped and entering the fray
Mark VII's Tracking the Targets
Wraith Firing on the warship in a pincer formation
Disruptor Corvettes Covering the Wratihs

FGcGSW.png
ORR Fleet: Sweet Kahllina & Blue Nose

The fighters that had been in the wheel formations broke out from them and formed on the Sweet Kahllina as she vectored towards her new target on the right flank. It wasn't just revenge for one dropship, it was the last one also protecting the ships Dimitri's forces were going after as well. Domino knew that leaving the Blue Nose without capital escort was a risk, but trusted the squad still defending it along with the gunships circling. This late in the battle there wasn't likely much left to threaten it regardless that it couldn't outlast until its remaining escort dealt with it. Most of the enemy fighters in her sector of the fight were down anyways.

The frigate holding her attention was savaged by a spread of ion torpedoes from her vanguard of X-Wings, disabling it as Domino's own ship moved into position. Heavy tractor beams reached across space to latch onto it as the Sweet Kahllina raked into the exposed parts with her own ion cannons, further rendering her prey helpless as it struck at exposed weapons, sensors, into the hanger, anywhere that couldn't be protected by those damnable cowardly pods. Then they were alongside it, and Domino was ready to begin her assault. All the fighters had been launched, as had the boarding ships, they had shuttles, but she had something else in mind.

The heavy cruiser pulled itself alongside the pirate frigate while grappling it closer until its boarding tube could extend out to envelop one of the pods on the surface. Domino cut it free with her saber, wrenching it and its terrified occupant down the tube and into her own ship where her remaining security teams freed them and added the pod to their barricade. They would prevent any counter-boarding from taking place. Her goal however was of another nature entirely. The hatch that had locked the hostage in their death trap yielded before her lightsaber and her attack began.

The animal stopped, it sniffed the thrown food, looked up at the pair of prey and then the food again. The board nailed to its head wobbled as it did this but if it felt any pain, it showed no signs of it.

Sal was already dipping behind the corner of a frankenstein lean-to when Raymond Mosses Raymond Mosses made his suggestion and then a moment later a boom ripped through the air, followed by a spray of shrapnel that thunked into the buildings around the epicenter and then finally a clawed fore-leg fell bloody and charred onto the street. Norongachi risked a glance out, covering his mouth and squinting his eyes against the cloud of dirt and debris the explosion had kicked up into the air.

A mere flicker of life from the debris fog was enough for him to cock the under-slung launcher on his rifle and loose a microgrenade into it which blew away the first cloud with its explosion and then filled it with its own. He half turned away from the concussive wave and saw, not a step away, a half burned and thoroughly soiled sandwich. He dipped down and scooped it up and wandered over towards Ray.

“5 second rule.” was all he said as he threw it toward him and then took a blaster bolt in the shoulder.

Ray looked out from behind the cover he had taken just as Sal blasted the creature a second time. He turned away from the blast then back after it had cleared. Ray watched Sal walk over and pick up a sandwich off the ground, then came over, and extended the sandwich to him. Ray vomited then dropped the weapons he had been carrying. One blaster went off and struck Sal in the side. Ray watched as Sal took the bolt to his shoulder and as his body recoiled from the blast. Ray watched Sal spin then fall to the ground dropping the sandwich and slowly grabbing his shoulder as he fell. Ray turned away as his stomach became nauseous then turned back as Sal hit the ground. Ray Vomited again. Salem Norongachi Salem Norongachi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom