Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Deni-Gar (Vo Ni)

Status
Not open for further replies.
534dd4e10758560fea74eee83a4226bd.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Vo Ni. Sometimes referred to as Deni-gar.
  • Affiliation: Vran’Ti
  • Classification: Command force sensitives
  • Description: The Deni-gar are a specific class of Vo Ni who rely heavily on telepathic based abilities. They are more coordinators then order givers, and usually operate with the help of additional tacticians so they can focus on the action of giving the commands themselves. Although some do operate independently if they have smaller command groups or have proven capable enough.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Small (usually only one at a time in one place)
  • Unit Availability: Rare
  • Unit Experience: Veteran
  • Equipment: Very likely carry a force neutral Alchemized weapon. Though it may possess no extra abilities than heightened durability. Otherwise known for wearing ornamented armored robes They usually do not commit to the fighting themselves.
Of the Vo Ni, they are some of the more likely to have managed to befriend a shgurak.
  • Combat Function: Deni-gar are coordinators of mass groups. Since the first groups on Vran’Ti possessed little technology, Deni-gar were how they made massive armies function without problems of command communications. While there are smaller ranked telepaths at times for stealth operations, the Deni-Gar are the real commanders. They use telepathy to guide actions and receive information, they often work alongside a tactician, whether the tactician is of a higher rank or not changes according to their own skills. At times a Deni-Gar is in command of a non-Vo Ni tactician, at other times they act only as the will of a higher ranked Vo Ni who doesn’t have the telepathy level necessary.
Deni-gar are often more friendly with their troops than their own commanders. Since they have to interact with them more often and so personally, they are more commonly sympathetic. As a result Deni-gar who are the primary commanders are known for trying to reduce as many deaths of their own people as possible. They are also known for more often following the Path of Thought (light side). Deni-Gar are most commonly seen as being important when commanding koroshkil-screamers, ghanikril controlled forces, and Osorae Regulars or other of their species. For this reason, outsiders sometimes consider them Beast Masters. However such a statement would be an insult to a Deni-Gar.
Strengths:
  • Immensely strong telepathic/empathic and mind/beast controlling abilities.
  • All force sensitive
  • Often possess strong telekinetic abilities
  • Great at coordinating massive groups with far less communication errors.
  • May use their telepathic abilities to boost morale, coordination, and communication overall with less need for physical exchange of information.
  • Usually very well respected and trusted by their troops.
  • When outside of battle, Deni-Gar usually operates as investigators, as they are more often able to discern truth or memories from individuals, though this is not an all powerful ability. Strong or careful enough minds can resist, or find ways to deceive, the abilities of a Deni-Gar since they are trained for other methods, and this is more a side-effect. While a Deni-gars word is not the judgement, it is good for finding evidence.
  • May be good at illusion or perception based abilities.
Weaknesses:
  • Many of the Deni-gar require tacticians or higher ranked Vo Ni to leave primary orders to, as receiving and giving so much information, along with general coordination boosting, can be extremely difficult. Otherwise the result is often simply a kind of battle meditation, rather than proper command strategies.
  • May be overly protective of their own troops due to having such closer relationships with them. This furthers the need for tacticians or others in charge of them, as it’s very painful for a Deni-Gar (most at least) to make decisions that would harm their troops.
  • Most deni-gar received more force focused training than an average Vo Ni. As a result, they are more commonly weaker at actual physical combat themselves.
  • The battle meditation rarely extends to weakening enemy forces as some are able.
  • Rely pretty much entirely on the force to use their abilities.
  • Strong, careful, and well trained minds can deceive or resist the telepathic powers of a Deni-Gar.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Deni-Gar are some of the eldest groups of Vran’Ti military. Telepathy was very strong in the Vran race, typically used for communication between Vo Ni, this grew into an ability to greatly better coordinate groups. This allowed Vran to spread across the world at an accelerated rate, since they could contact one another without delay of communication systems. Deni-Gar became the name of commanders who relied on telepathy to coordinate forces, allowing them to make their armies operate at levels of cooperation that was almost impossible otherwise. It created a sort of mass awareness, making them harder to deceive or sneak through, and allowing them to respond far faster to orders given. As well as not requiring nearly as many levels of order transferring as the Deni-Gar operated almost directly with most or all of their forces. This allowed a level of personal friendliness with their troops, and Deni-Gar became known for wanting to keep their troops alive. However, they were often so busy performing the sheer act of coordination, that coming up with strategies was far more difficult. This regularly required the assistance of tacticians or higher ranked Vo Ni to act as the commanders, being given information from the Deni-Gar and then the Deni-Gar being told what the strategy was, which could be instantly moved to everyone on the field. The Deni-Gar were also known for causing something akin to battle meditation, a hyper-group awareness, courage, and efficiency, that made tricking, manipulating, or fighting them, far harder than it would be normally. The Deni-Gar also were especially important for commanding animals, or the Osorae species, who couldn’t speak normally. This made them invaluable for specialized tactics. Since Vran’Ti was often using animals of one kind or another as military weapons, they became especially important in times like this. Of all Vo Ni, Deni-Gar are often the most well respected, and most respectful. They understand their own authority, but also understand the pain they can cause others. At the same time, they are the most feared by spies or liars, as they are more likely to easily route out traitors and people hiding something. As a result, most Deni-Gar who retire or become too old or weak to use their powers on the battlefield, move to investigation where they can discover truths behind people after so many years of training for understanding and using telepathy.
Deni-Gar are usually the weakest combatants, but they are typically powerful in the force due to so much practice. While not universally, they are also usually light sided, known instead as the Path of Thought. Although outranked by Vo Ni who are the most powerful in combat, the Deni-Gar are more likely than others of equal power to befriend a Shgurak, or Vran’Ti Sky Dragon, due to their telepathic abilities and influence on others. This is especially unusual since most Shguraks will only obey those who prove themselves more powerful. Most who do this, work with a crew, but rely on manipulating what the Dragon perceives effectively forcing it into submission by making it either hurt itself, or by making it think that it was hurt. Once submitted, most Deni-Gar end up being close friends with their Shguraks.

Last edited:

Zak Dymo

Z
Krae Krae

I'll be doing this review for you. I have just one required change, followed by a suggestion.

1. Image Credit
You've linked an Imgur collection of 390+ unrelated images, which seems to fall short of crediting the source of the image (other than being, perhaps, where you found it).

The image you're using is artwork from the mobile battle card game Heroes of Camelot, specifically the Prophet (T1) card. I'd recommend using one (or both) of those links for the credit here.

2. Cautionary Note (Force Powers)
You've got both mind controlling and pulling memories out from people in the Strengths section, which is worth adding a cautionary note regarding the potential for this to be abused in RP. As a reminder, "Language that could be interpreted to force another player to do something they do not wish for their character is prohibited." (Codex Rules, General Submission Guidelines).

In addition, you have listed battle meditation. As a reminder, "NPCs with the following should have further exposition, solid intent, and particular attention paid to the balancing of the strengths and weaknesses to the balancing of the strength and weaknesses to prevent your sub from being reported in an RP:
  • Sensitive information or knowledge.
  • Unusual, Rare, Master Ranked, or excessive powers.
  • A large number of resources such as military, technology; or a widespread area of influence."
Should a claim of abuse arise in a report, this may get scrutinized more heavily by an RPJ or Admin. I'd recommend evaluating your weaknesses in relation to those strengths.

Those are my thoughts and I look forward to yours in reply. Please tag me when you have completed your edits.

Zak Dymo

I am very sorry about that! I didn't realize the place was so big.

Also, I have altered the things mentioned. While I did not completely remove everything (I did remove battle meditation, I realize it is much more powerful than what I was actually thinking of) and clarified a little bit instead on what their abilities do. I also changed their telepathic powers in regards to the limitations they have on being used on the average person, and included those limitations at the bottom of the weakness list. I hope that's ok, and if not I suppose I could probably edit it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom