Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Osorae Regulars

Status
Not open for further replies.
cliff-schonewill-ng-statue-painter-03.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Osorae Regulars
  • Affiliation: vranti
  • Classification: Mobile Routers, objective assaults, light airborne units,
  • Equipment: Large Melee weapons (varies), large battle Axe, generic polearms, generic great-swords most common, explosives similair to Detonation_packs or other Explosive_charges, Grenades, sometimes generic flamethrowers (liquid in a backpack cannister, uses a tube and "gun" to spray the liquid and a lighter at the end ignites it as it goes) due to the limitation of how long they can spit fire.
  • Description:
  • The Osorae are aggressive but generally obedient to their leaders. They appear like a mix between a dragon and a humanoid. Somewhat like the Devarons, they may be called demons due to their ugly appearance, scales, and horns. They are often very group minded, not particularly fond of most people. Though this is often due to a need to be isolated, as their current form is frowned upon by the general populace as it is essentially a slave soldiers position. Though they are treated better physically then other slaves/prisoners.
COMBAT INFORMATION:
Unit Size: Medium
  • Unit Availability:Uncommon
  • Unit Experience: Trained
  • Combat Function:
  • The Osorae are a race designed for combat. They were made to be durable and aggressive. And more mobile than normal thanks to their wings. However, as they are essentially slaves and prisoners, they are not granted use of many weapons and transport. Relying on allied forces to provide any transportation, if any. The Osorae are typically given mobile assault jobs. Essentially, spitting fire from above or dropping grenades. Sometimes they will be given a bomb to set on enemy tanks or locations and then fly off before it detonates. Otherwise they generally serve to route the enemy, flying into the center of battle with their often superior strength and speed attacking the enemy than flying into the air and away to target another spot. When necessary, they may take the place of the Zhorngi, assassinating important targets usually as a group. Flying in and assaulting them aggressively.
Strengths:
  • For their mobility advantage the Osorae are very durable.
  • The Osorae are typically much stronger and faster than most humanoid enemies, allowing the use of melee weapons to be extremely effective. Creatures like Trandoshans, Wookies, and Gundarks being among the few that get close to their height and strength, are generally outmatched in speed, and the Osorae typically are close or stronger in strength. But they would be considerably weaker than something like a Rancor.
  • Natural ability to spit fire (due to the altered species being made to mimic a shgurak Dragon in ways, such as this ability)
  • Sometimes armed with grenades or other types of explosives to take down big targets or enemy buildings.
  • Usually obedient to leaders and aggressive towards the enemy.
  • Tend to create fear due to their demonic/dragon like appearance and aggression
Weaknesses:
  • Often are not allowed any kind of blaster or rifle.
  • Often lack any type of transport other than their own wings, or rely on others for ships.
  • Have trouble actually speaking to those not of their own kind, relying on the telepathy of the Vo Ni to get things moving. The Vo Ni are fully force sensitive members of the Vran species who act as priests/leaders of the Vran'Ti people. Telepathy, telekinesis, and alchemy are among their most common traits and it is the telepathy that is relied upon when handling Osorae.
  • Often not armored beyond their own natural advantages
  • Awful to use in very cold weather due to natural weakness to it
  • May be uncooperative with anyone but their own leaders and each other.
  • Can’t use many kinds of technology, due to having much less dexterous fingers and difficulty forming words in a language that most technology understands. Their size can also hinder use of vehicles and ships, as well as some kinds of weapons that are designed for smaller races, and their wings make using small ships like fighters sometimes outright impossible.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Osorae are a race made from slaves and prisoners for the purpose of battle. They are often aggressive and will obey their leader, but usually only their leader. They do have a group mentality, but it does not extend to everyone. Most Osorae become Osorae Regulars, essentially the most common position they end up in. It’s a force meant for taking down specific objectives and will usually rely on larger forces to draw the heavy firepower while they take advantage of their mobility and use aggressive tactics to route the enemy or bringing explosives to take on groups or a particular building or enemy vehicle/large animal.

Last edited:
Krae Krae Hello there! :) Interesting submission you've got here. I have a few comments that I believe will help tighten and improve it;
  • In General Information, in Equipment:
    Equipment: Large Melee weapons (varies), explosives (grenades/bombs), sometimes flamethrowers due to the limitation of how long they can spit fire.
    I really need you to elaborate some on this please, or at least give some examples to the large melee weapons since this verbiage can mean nearly anything and the explosives, as there are so many kinds. For the flamethrowers, please add the word 'generic' and remember to add hyperlinks to the Wookie or submissions on the site wherever possible.
  • In Combat Information, you've left part of the template in the submission, both in its beginning and as part of the Combat Function.
  • In Strengths,
    • You write that "The Osorae are typically much stronger and faster than most enemies, allowing the use of melee weapons to be extremely effective". The galaxy of Star Wars offers many different kinds of enemies and based on this submission I would put that claim into doubt. It would be better if you specified what kind of enemies. Humanoids? Vongs? Known trained Imperials? Something else?
    • For "Natural ability to spit fire" please add in this line that this is due to their species. I would recommend also hyperlinking to the species here again.
  • In Weaknesses, you've mentioned that they can't use many kinds of technology. Could you elaborate on the type that they cannot, considering you've mentioned various kinds of weapons that they can, and weapons are tech.
Please tag me back once you've made these edits so that I can go over this again and approve it :)

Krae Krae

Thank you very much for the edits! We still need to go through a few just to tighten it up a little bit more, but overall this is really great so far!
  • In General Information, in Equipment, I see that you've linked to several different weapons and have also added the word 'generic' as requested. However, I still need you to ask links to the wookie versions (or specific member made submissions that you'd like to use) for the battle axes and the sword types.
  • Additionally, in General Information, please link the Devrons to their page.
  • In Combat Information, I still need you to remove part of the template, ("The combination of Unit Size and Availability below is the indicator of how numerous your unit is. Stormtroopers for instance would be considered Large/Common, while Rogue Squadron would be a Small/Unique unit. Majority Force User Units are prohibited from being Common or Large. The stronger and more specialized your unit is (FU or NFU), the smaller and less common it should be.").
  • In Strength, please link to the Shgurak Dragon. I couldn't find it on Google. Alternatively, you can delete the reference and elaborate on the fire spitting ability.
  • Also in Strengths, please link to the Vo Ni. Alternatively, you can link to it in the Out of Character Information's Links as well.
I believe once we iron those last things out this submission will be ready for approval :)

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

I apologize for the delay, got sick, having trouble checking all my stuff.

Anyway, I had a bit of trouble preforming all the edits you had. I did some changes, but may need to ask some questions so I know. So I linked Devarons (who I apparently mispelled). And I linked axe. However I realized that there's not really too much reason to link the others, since they should be pretty generic (after all greatswords and polearms aren't really that unusual, they're really common in regards to old weaponry)

I linked the Shgurak dragon now in strenghts as told.

I'm confused on why to link Vo Ni in strenghts? Since those are the Priest/leader/force sensitive ones. And a Vo Ni couldn't simoultaniously be an Osorae. And a Vo Ni isn't usually required to work with them, so an Osorae could be a strenght for a Vo Ni to have, but I'm not sure it works the same the other way around cause an osorae would never be in charge of a Vo Ni.

If you meant the Vo, the organ that the Vran species possess, then I think I'm fine leaving it out of Strengths. As I actually mention in their species submission, though not here it seems, that all Osorae have their Vo removed if they had one.

Anyway, sorry for if I was confused on that. And thanks for your patience.

Krae Krae Hey there! I apologize myself for my own delay :)

I've asked to link to the Vo Ni because your average reader would not know who or what they are. Providing that link, gives them a chance to see it at a glance, instead of sending them off into google.You'd initially mentioned them in you strenghts and I see now that their mention has been moved to weaknesses ("Have trouble actually speaking to those not of their own kind, relying on the telepathy of the Vo Ni to get things moving"), and it still needs to be linked. This is part of why we ask for many things to be linked from Codex submissions, generally speaking.

Please tag me back once that's been added.

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

Ok, sorry about that. I can see why that would be something I can link then. Unfortunately, Vo Ni don't have a submission of their own as being a Vo Ni is even more broad of a usage than being a "Jedi." I suppose I could theoretically make one specifically for the Vo Ni who are usually in this position, but that'd be its whole extra amount of time and I don't know when I'd get on that.

The only other option I see is maybe linking it to the Vran species, since I mention Vo Ni in there, I also mention them in the planet, and in the planetary religion (but that's currently also under review).

What do you think I should do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom