Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daylight [CIS Dominion of Bassadro]

See with eyes unclouded by hate
bAkv4J.gif
Objective: Give the evacuation more time
Tags: [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Adelle Bastiel"] | [member="Argis Volmir"]

Lowering his blistering hands A'Runda felt that all he could really do is look on at the seemingly endless inferno. The force of nature confronting them was too much for a Force user of his minor skill level. "it's not enough..." He said to himself out loud, doubt ever present in his voice. "I can't stop this." He said as he looked down at himself. Seeing that his clothes have gone black from burns and stains from the soot and ash pouring out of the volcano. Too his side was his custom crimson lightsaber, and his hands burned from his use of supernatural powers.

It all came back to him...

The young Tusken could see himself year ago in a dimly lit tent back on his home world. There he discussed concerns regarding himself and his tribe. There the elders spoke of an legend. Of a powerful demon dressed in black with a blade as bright as the red sun, and that A'Runda possessed that same power. That he was a cursed individual who's great power would use as an avatar to act upon the world, much like the legendary figure. That one day A'Runda would turn into a being much like the demon all those generations ago, and that was why he needed to leave.

But it wasn't like he'd imagined it to be. He showed all these similarities to the legend, yet since then has learned so much more. He'd popped his bubble brought on from such a background and here he stood. With far greater understanding in The Force, and with a drive to help others in their time of need and worry. That old prophesy had been fulfilled, yet it was not what he'd feared for so many years. Perhaps he was destined by fate to show these similarities, but at the same time was provided far greater context and knowledge then he could've ever imagined. He was not going to let himself become the monster his tribe feared he would!

Looking back up he snapped his view over towards Alwine, and spoke. "I don't believe we can stop this, but we can certainly delay it,and maybe even control it." He said to her, determination in his voice. "It would take a grand master to pull off what I wanted to alone I think. But together we may be able to buy us enough time to get as much people and property saved as possible. I want you to move along the village with me and to push the lava up and back as much as you can. I can cool it down and we can begin to wall off much more of the lava. I have another idea to help control the flow, but we need to get this done first to buy us and the evacuation more time. You with me?!" A'Runda's plan consisted of them working on a large enough stone barrier made of cooled lava to give them enough time to direct it's flow through the village's main street away from their homes.

Vanric Dannon

Marshal of Many, Lover of One
[member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Celessa"] | [member="Ciri Jade"]

bAkbas.gif

[SIZE=18pt]Vanric cautiously traversed the underground tunnel before him. He made sure not to move too fast, lest he step somewhere treacherous lurking just beyond his limited range of view. As the edge of adrenaline wore off, the journey became monotonous. He began to calm and suspect less of his dangerous environment. That is, until he heard a noise up and to his left.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]He froze immediately, adrenaline resurging to the forefront of his bloodstream. His pupils dilated as he craved to take in as much detail out of the void as possible. Soon, he slowly unholstered his pistols, brought them to bear and started gingerly stepping forward and to the right side of the tunnel. He did his best as he prepared for the worst outcome around the corner here. He jumped to the mouth of the branching tunnel on his left, where he know he heard the sound come from. His pistols raised, fingers poised to rain blaster fire like no other.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]He had to stop himself as the not-too-threatening, high pitched squeak of surprise reached his ears and his eyes adjusted to understand the small, huddling form in front of him. He held his guns on the fearful bundle before he lowered his weapons and began to question the small thing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“What’re you doin’ down here!?” Glistening eyes peaked out from behind the fabric of sleeves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“I don’t know!...” replied the boy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“What’d’ya mean, you don’t know??”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“I—I just---” he couldn’t finish as tears started welling up. Vanric put his pistols away and his hands on his hips.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“Alright, alright, relax. I don’t need to know why. Let’s just find a way out, you and I. Yeah?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“Y-yeah…” The child did his best to calm down. His dark hair was grimy. Who knew how long he’d been down here and why? After rubbing his eye, he looked up at Vanric, who could now tell that the boys' eyes were blue. At least, that was his best guess with everything basted in yellow light. Vanric tilts his head down the tunnel where he planned on going, asking,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“What’s yer’ name, kid?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“Chek Lambers…”[/SIZE]

Objective: BYOO (Infiltrate Bassadro Compound and obtain incriminating evidence)

Wearing: Spy Gear (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/144343-spy-gear/)

Armed with: Combat Vibroknife

Two days prior...

Coruscant, Underworks

He had been told to follow a very particular route.

The entire route was out of the way, going down a dozen abandoned alleys that led into dozens of other paths, the underworks as usual clogged with people and markets selling nearly anything one could imagine. A path that led past a dozen pubs and weapon stores, which were often next to each other. No one could say they didn't know their customers.

The man himself was a rather mousy sort, clad in a long black overcoat, reddish-blond hair concealed under a flat, black hat. He did his best to keep his face concealed.

He was the Chief Financial Officer of a recently bankrupt weapons firm. His boss, a human named Xurol had been embezzling from his business and sabotaged it from within, not only bankrupting the firm but destroying the reputation of everyone involved. The man going to meet the hidieously lethal creature hiding somewhere in the darkness of the works had lost almost everything. Everything except the will to live and a million credits. Ordinarily he might have reinvested but Xurol's crimes had made the CFO too hot to touch for even a loan. Only his own many connections had kept him from prison. He wasn't afraid of blatantly abusing his ties to escape a jail sentence--after all, if his own CEO had been embezzling right under his nose, he himself was guilty of at best, negligence and incompetence (This was a perfectly accurate way to describe the rise and fall of twenty years hard work) and at worse, willing conspiracy and fraud, and criminal negligence. (This was also a perfectly accurate way to describe the rise and fall of twenty years hard work)

Yes, he was a criminal, and yes, he was guilty. And yes, he was running out of friends and funds fast and would soon be a pauper, and maybe afterward in a Force Cage, or dead himself from some Bounty Hunter. But if he was going down, he was taking Xurol with him. And he knew just how to do it...

Xurol always kept his accounts private. Always. He kept it on a private Datapad, whose access was known only to him. But his personal butler, a greedy, discontent man by the name of Wolfe, had discovered the location of his Datapad, an unlisted estate on a high, isolated hill on the Bassadro plains, with shields built and calibrated to resist magma flow. But so many dormant volcanoes erupting along with the rash of butchery had left even its shields vulnerable. He had to do this now.

He finally spotted the lone burned out garage nestled in one alley that was basically a dead end, the massive holographic advertisements projected by repulsorlift vehicles lighting an otherwise, wrecked looking automobile store long abandoned from above, the various sky scrapers crawling to a lovely sky above he knew he would never enjoy again. He heard rustling.

"They said you were looking for me..." came a dark, deep yet feminine hiss.

The startled man, doing his best to keep his face hidden as well as his composure, hesitantly approached the open garage door, rusted and splattered with what looked to be fresh blood. He stared.

She was slender but muscular, hair in a orange red bob, milky skin covered by a revealing looking gear that exposed lots of skin and had nodules of electronics on each segment. She was slathered in blood, her dull blue eyes blood shot with a hidieous revelry as her fangs gouged into the neck of what looked to be a young man in his thirties, in fancy gold clothing. He was disheveled and bruised, eyes gone, twitching as she drank every drop of blood in his body. She finally noticed the horrified man and dropped the corpse, blood still dribbling down her chin.

"A-are you Alice?" The CFO asked.

"I'm 'a' Alice..." the creature currently known as 'Alice' answered, grinning and revealing sharp fangs that gleamed from the light of the advertisements above.

"They--they never said you were a vampire..." the mysterious man hissed in horror. What had he gotten himself into?

What was he about to unleash?

"My contacts told me about you..." 'Alice' hissed, taking a silent step forward, blood dripping off her hands. "Said you're on your last legs...why should we humble Alices do anything for you?"

"A million credits. Up front."

"It's not just a matter of pay...the job itself must be worthy of my talents..." the biot hissed again, taking another step forward, producing a curved knife, smiling. "If the job is boring...I get annoyed with my employer..."

The man produced both a briefing on the estate and its defenses as well as a million credit bond, embossed in aurodium leaf. He placed it on a clean looking desk next to her next to bloody power tools slathered with gore and stepped back.

"How is this for a mission?" He asked angrily. "There is an estate with a datapad that has information I want stolen and a man I want killed, along with anyone else who tries to impede you in your efforts. But no one is to be aware that the information on the datapad has been stolen. The Estate is in the middle of severe volcanic disturbance, and is directly within the lava flow of one of the larger ones. A shield is the estate's only defense and its patrolled by people who will kill you in a heartbeat if you are discovered. Does that sound boring to you?" The mysterious man asked dryly.

'Alice' smiled, withdrew her talon-shaped knife.

"That sounds..." Alice said silkily, already hungering for more blood due to her increased metabolism.

"...yummy..."

Two days later.

The biot had not been able to stop feeding regularly. It was her first time taking her Infiltration setting for a spin, but the requirements to use it left her constantly thirsting. It was like an addiction. She already enjoyed killing and drinking blood, even if it wasn't to repair herself...but actually making it a need that dominated her waking moment, at times leaving her starting to starve due to lack of discrete places to feed and kill and maim in relative peace...it made a bad problem worse.

After more than a hundred people disappeared in the area, The biot at last departed, stowing away aboard a large frieghter headed to the volcanic planet. Out of the forty six on that ship, there was seemingly no one aboard when it finally reached the afflicted world, landing on a docking pad on autopilot. While puzzled officials debated the mystery as they inspected a disturbingly spotless interior free of struggle, its single occupant had already slipped off the ship to its mission, which just happened to be close to the estate.

Its gear was able to help with the heat, but only so much. The ambient heat it could handle, any more and it would likely die.

Cloaked by its gear as it moved unnoticed through a mostly evacuated village. People were too busy to notice a man being held at knife point in his shuttle, and then forced to lift away, apparantly an evacuee.

The Evacuee, a dirty looking local in a mining suit nervously looked at Alice as she deactivated her cloak.

"Are you going to kill me?" The man asked, the blade threatening to dig into his neck as he flew where she instructed.

"Yes..." she whispered back seductively. "But if you're a good boy and do exactly as I say, I promise to make it quick..." the biot lied.

The man gulped as he flew into range of a great estate lined by columns and stained glass windows, constructed in a rectangular shape, statues of Rancors made of gold guarding all four corners, its bricks of blackest stone speckled with red rubies. Its massive, softly glowing blue energy shield surrounded it.

"You are going to take me there first. Comm them. Tell them you need to make emergency repairs..." the biot ordered, anticipating slitting his throat and drinking his blood. She felt the faint warnings from her body, the cellular mutations that could occur if she went too long without feeding. But though she recognized the cost of this setting she was in, she was enjoying her own ravenous thirst.

As he got closer to the estate, sending the transmission, it was all 'Alice' could do not to kill him then and there, both to sate her thirst for blood and for violence...

bAkv4J.gif

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | "Executor" Boots Exclusive
Wielding: Obsidian Knight Sword | WindWhisper
Tags: [member="A'Runda"] | [member="Argis Volmir"] | [member="Adelle Bastiel"] | [member="Alden Akaran"] | + Feel free to join!

xVXAam.png

Yes, yes, they were all dirty. Alwine didn't care that her blonde hair had turned to a dark gray, that he porcelain skin was now covered in ash and sooth. What Alwine cared about was that they would all leave this planet, and better sooner than later. There were also people under the ground that they had to find a way to get up. Was the underground at least safer than it was above? She did not know. She knew nothing of how lava operated, could not even begin to guess whether or not it had made its way below to where the rest of the Confederates were. The only place in which she could offer aid was where they were, and still she believed that running would be better than trying to stop it, especially when the bandaged man said it was not enough and that he could not stop it.

Preparing to turn her heel and pull him along for a run, the bandaged man spoke again. He now proposed that they worked together. Alwine froze and blinked. Her? Certainly, she could work with telekinesis, but would it be enough to help him? Was she even strong enough to use it to such a degree that it could push some of the lava back? Silently, the petite woman nodded. They could at least try. But if at one point or another she would come to believe it was doomed, she would have no qualms about pulling him by his bandages so they could get away. Either of their deaths would serve no one.

As the lava made its way towards them, Alwine braced herself. Before even making the attempt to push it back, she collected the Force around her, bringing her focus up in the ways she had been taught on Geonosis during what seemed like a lifetime ago. Only then did her brown eyes flutter open, and Alwine took an offensive stance against an enemy that she would never be able to face in proper combat, an enemy that none of her weapons or Lupine abilities would ever help against.

The new sweat that began to bead down her forehead had nothing to do with the heat that surrounded them. It was the lava she was going for, the heat of it, trying to move it away. It was not like water, more like mud in its consistency, or at least that was what it felt like to her. And much like her bandaged friend here, at first she did not succeed.

Yet eventually, bit by bit, Alwine added more and more power to her Force Push until she got the stream to first slow down and then stop. She was screaming now as she fought to keep that invisible push going, fought to make sure she did not lose focus and snap, allowing it to run free again.

"Hurry… Up…" she growled.

bAkbas.gif
Celessa
Post 2
Equipment: CS-21 Combat Stealth Suit (Appearance), Flayer Tactical Combat Knife, Corvus-type Chronometer, ACS-208 Wrist Charric, ODM System, Murdock Stealth Blaster Rifle, VT-Bolt Blaster
[member="Ciri Jade"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Vanric Dannon"]

She was paranoid even by the standards of a highly prolific assassin.

Upon hearing Scherezade’s reprimand ring within her ears, Celessa slowly lowered her rifle back down to her chest and moved to assist Ciri Jade with the rock that trapped her leg. A distinct sensation of embarrassment came over her as she did. She hoped that the injured redhead wouldn’t hold her paranoia against her in the future, but if she did, Celessa knew that she wouldn’t be able to blame her. If she had been injured and someone who was supposed to be an ally came at her with a weapon rather than a helping hand, she would be angry as well.

“You’re right. I-I’m sorry.” Celessa stammered as she let her rifle lock onto the magnetic holster on her back. “I was just...paranoid, is all.” She continued, before placing both of her hands underneath the boulder and testing its weight. It seemed light enough for her to lift by herself, but given the position of the boulder, she didn’t have the leverage to fully maximize her body’s strength to pick it up without assistance.

“I could use some help with the boulder.” Celessa spoke as she moved give Scherezade and the others room to assist with the lift. “I’d rather not potentially exacerbate the injury by rolling the boulder off of her leg.”

Vereshin

V
bAkbas.gif
Allies: [member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Vanric Dannon"], [member="Alkor Centaris"], [member="Ciri Jade"], [member="Isley Verd"], [member="Haastal Verd"], [member="Celessa"]

Clambering over a boulder, Vereshin felt around frantically for the wall of the mine, which had caved in while he was on the search for a strange anomaly he had sensed. Curiosity, it would seem, had got the better of him, like it had so many times before. By now Vereshin was accustomed to total darkness, having been trapped in a black hole for six years. However, since his powers had been honed around consuming light, he was incapable of casting it. He held out his hand and tried to illuminate the photons before him, to no avail. The spell failed and all he managed to produce was a nasty burn on his palm. Withdrawing his hand, he quickly licked it to alleviate the heat and shook it in frustration.

"Ah! Kark this!" Vereshin cursed, then looked up. Between the slits of his eyes, he could torches and glowsticks which had been brought by other travelers, their voices muffled by the rock.

Squinting, the sorcerer felt in front of him as he walked towards the voices, which grew louder with the glow of the sticks they carried. The light welcomed him to a nearby cavern, where the group of crusaders had gathered, most likely having heard each others voices. Mopping a layer of sweat off his brow with his handkerchief, Vereshin put on his best smile and approached them lightly, keeping to the sides of the mine to balance himself as he walked. He almost tripped over a woman who was laying on the ground, her leg pinned under a boulder. There was another young woman beside her who was attempting to lift it and Vereshin thought he could be of assistance. Without a word, he extended both hands and wrapped the force around the boulder, which he levitated gently off the woman's leg.

Maintaining a steady hold of the object, he moved it through the air to the nearest wall, then lay it down carefully to avoid caving in the already unstable walls. The boulder nestled in the dirt with a light thud and Vereshin brushed his hands, then stood above the woman. He extended a hand for to take if she wished, but he was unsure if she could stand or not.

"Are you able to stand up, m'lady?" He asked, his hand outstretched before the woman. Looking around, he saw a band of adventurers as oddly placed as himself and smiled at them, his black teeth no less unsettling, but the smile itself was genuine. "It's a good thing I saw your glowsticks, Force knows I'm very good at destroying light, but I cannot cast it." Vereshin chuckled. He helped Ciri over to the others and hoped one of them would help her to stand, before making his way to the wall, which he placed his hands against. They were far underground and there was no chance of Vereshin being able to split himself in the force and cast a doppelganger up there, nor it would seem that he could simply phase through the rock, as it was too thick. Frustrated, he groaned in discomfort, feeling more and more claustrophobic without being able to reach the ground above with his powers.

"I can't cast above the ground, it's just too far." He mused aloud, already forming a way he could somehow cast through the rock that was already under ground to clear a passage. "But I can get us through the rock that's already underground." He said, the end of his mouth kinking upwards in a smile. Flattening down the chiffon scarf he wore beneath his knitted vest, he pointed to the rock, which he felt around, trying to sense for the spots where there were the most gaps. Truth be told, Vereshin was mostly interested in finding out what lay in the belly of the mines, it just helped to have some extra muscle along for the ride.

bAkv4J.gif

Tags: [member="Alwine Lechner"], @A'Runda, [member="Adelle Bastiel"], [member="Alden Akaran"]
Objective: Evac citizens

Making his way through the crowds, his voice carrying over them as he shepherded people to the north Argis continued to carry the weight of the two unconscious women and child. Many of the people gawked at the Dashade due to not only his size but the display of strength in that he hadn’t slowed even in carrying them. While the weight may have seemed a lot to humans, in comparisons Dashade were magnitudes stronger. The child in Argis’s left hand stirred but did not yet wake. Thankfully, Argis did not wish for the youth to see what had happened to her village, she did not need to witness the chaos that surrounded them.

Being a Jedi and having his being open to the force Argis could feel it all around him. He could feel the fear and panic of the villagers reaching a peak as they fled to the north. The sorrow that filled those who had already lost family in the beginning stages of the eruption. The horror at knowing that everything they had could possibly be gone. It wounded Argis to feel these emotions, it tore at his very being. A lesser person may have cut themselves off from it, may have backed away from the force. Argis accepted these emotions and let them drive him further, to harden his resolve in getting the villagers out of there.

Reaching the Northern end of the village Argis looked around to see if he could spot the woman from before but there was no sign of her. However, there were villagers that came from the eastern side. On the Northern end of the village, a few couple of ships had landed but that wouldn’t be enough for all of them. From the mountains nearby the mudslide continued onwards towards them. “Children and women first!” Argis barked passing the individuals he carried to a Confederacy trooper waiting inside. Looking back to the village and past it the Dashade worried his lower lip deciding what to do about the mudslide coming their way, let alone they still had to get those that were trapped underground out.

bAkbas.gif
Objective: Survive
Weapon: A-180 Blaster Pistol
Tools: 4 Glowsticks, 2 Data Spikes
Tags:
[member="Scherezade deWinter"], [member="Celessa"], [member="Vanric Dannon"]. [member="Vereshin"]
Listening to her own voice echo through the caves with little in the way of initial response was unnerving. Had she been hearing things? There was still the matter of how miners had been disappearing. The thought of sharing their fate wasn't a pleasant one especially when she had come to investigate that very thing. Though she couldn't go anywhere as long as her leg remained pinned to the earth. Shuffling sounds nearby made her uneasy, fingers tapping at her blaster, ready to draw it at a moment's notice.
Upon hearing a voice telling her to freeze, she blinked in disbelief. Before she could form the words to speak, another voice - the one Ciri thought she had heard before seemed closer. A sigh of relief escapes her if only to act as her own way of believing she wasn't going crazy. "Really? Aiming a blaster at me?" Basing her assumptions off of what was said, not knowing exactly what type of danger she had been in due to how she was stuck. Ciri would remember to be cautious around the one who told her to freeze. She had been on the business end of blasters held by so-called friends a few times.
This wasn't the time to hold grudges though as her attention returns to the boulder, it was moving. The approach of a man following the removal of the boulder caught her still in an awe-struck state. Taking the offered hand, she uses her good leg to stand, cautiously applying weight to her injured appendage. "I believe so. Thank you. Just don't ask me to run anytime soon. Still... hurts."
Looking around at the gathered few, Ciri holds up her glowstick to see those around her as much as she could. Her eyes linger upon [member="Celessa"] for a moment but she doesn't say anything until turning her head away once more, trying to stay upright to the best of her ability. "Does anyone have any idea how far down we are? Better yet, are there any medical supplies among us?"

Blueberry flavored Sith
bAkv4J.gif

[SIZE=10.5pt]Objective: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Evacuate Civilians [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Location:[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Village [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Tags: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]None currently [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The art of evacuation was not one that Keva was inherently well trained in, she was first and foremost a commander. She waged wars, she prepared for wars, violence was the playing field she had become so accustomed to. And so the situation on Bassadro had been an interesting one, it was time for a new sort of training. Efficiency training, how quickly and thoroughly could she organize the masses.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She had done, alright. Her army marched foward herding people forward in orderly fashion, no chaos was to be tolerated in these trying times. As usual, it was the sacrifice of kindness for efficiency, feelings may be hurt but lives would be saved. A worthy trade, if Keva was to make the calls on such.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]With arms crossed over her chest, Keva observed the happenings of the evacuation: orderly lines had been put in place for those leaving, some level of minor organization by family where deemed necessary. But otherwise they would simply have to be strong and reunite later: the thought pained her not at all. Their anxiety would pass. Though...the Lava did seem to be continuing it’s relentless and obnoxious pace. Though....there were options available to try and slow it’s advanced. Clicking on her comm the Chiss to whomever had ended up in command:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Command, permission to employ ordinance on Lava?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The dull and monotonous translator did the talking for her, language studies were a slow and tedious process.[/SIZE]

Xurol Roderick had not always been a billionaire.

In times past he had been a simple dock worker. He had been dilligent, saved, gotten his education. He had crossed his T's and dotted his I's. And for a long time, as he got into more lucrative trades and deals, eventually creating a firm to create and distribute proprietary weapons, he was every bit the model CEO, the story of a man who had worked his way up the honest way. But he had a vice. He liked speed. Particularly in the form of antique land and air luxury speeders. And racing paraphernalia. He couldn't get enough of collecting them. It had gotten expensive and before he had known it, he was deep in debt. Enough to start embezzling. He didn't regret it, in spite of the loss of reputation. He was rich. He had protection. He was now among the countless beings in the galaxy who thought that would always be enough. He was now among the countless beings in the galaxy about to be proven horrobly, horribly wrong.

Xurol, an athletic man in his forties lay plopped in a red beanie bag in his suite, clad in red garage overalls, his suite decorated with dozens of racing trophies. His brown hair a greasy, dirty mop that covered his ears, his tan, weathered face, yet with strong, features as dirty as his overalls. He had been about to pop open a beer when his butler, Wolfe, walked in. Wolfe was a complete contrast to Xurol. A dour, elegantly dressed man in his sixties clad in a jet black tuxedo with a red bow tie, his hair seemingly constantly rising from his scalp as if reacting to static electricity, face a weathered canyon of lines and crags behind dull cyan eyes. He beheld his master with the usual disgust. An unkempt savage, humiliating him everywhere he dragged him to now that he had gotten away with his crime. Constant drinking and swearing, the mouth of the grimy dockworker he had started life as having never left him. Wolfe absolutely loathed the piles and piles and piles of air speeder models he was forced to arrange and inspect and dust on an almost daily basis. That had been half the reason he had betrayed him, in fact. The other half was, of course the hopes of accessing some of his accounts once the information was stolen. But he had cameras on the safe at all times, as well as piles of combat droids ready to spring out of the vault the moment it was improperly breached. No way he would make it out of there. But the spy coming here might. He suspected that was who was on their way here at this very moment.

"Sir, we have picked up an emergency distress, requesting emergency landing to make immediate repairs." Wolfe explained.

Xurol stirred from his drowsy contemplation. "Who the hell was flying with all these eruptions besides the CIS?" He asked, his voice the rough one that betrayed a life in the underworks.

"Looks like an ore transport shuttle sir." Wolfe answered.

Xurol's brow furrowed.

"You get the security team at the dockng bay, Wolfe. Something about this smells. Probably should shoo it away..." Xurol mused as he clambered out of the beanie bag. "But if the damn thing crashes in the magma around us we'll be liable. Open a partition in the shield. Heavy weapons."

"At once, sir." Wolfe said, admittedly impressed by his caution. One thing even Wolfe could not help but admit was that Xurol, as surly and abrasive as he could sometimes be, was not incautious.

Wolfe started to leave the suite before Xurol called out to him.

"Yes Sir?" Wolfe asked, stoic on the outside but inside giddy at the fact his boss would soon be dead.

"More pie. Chocolate, this time. And after that I need you to dust all my comic figurines."

Wolfe suppressed the irritated grimace. "At once, sir."

"Thank you Wolfe." Xurol replied, heading over to a window to gaze on the sea of magma and the blue energy shield which kept it from devouring his manor. The erupting mountains in the distance bathed the sky in hellish towers of black smoke.

Three minutes later...

The rickety looking black shuttle set down as the docking bay ceiling at the top of the manor , the bay sleek and modern, four statues of man-sized golden rancors subtly outlining the space to land in.

The shuttle touched down, and squads of men in gold and black echani battle suits wielding T-21 Repeaters and shotguns leveled their weapons at the craft as its side hatch opened. The young looking mining employee staggered out, looking sullen and haggard and resigned. He made a show of surprise as he held up his hands.

"Whoa, what's with the third degree, everybody?" The man asked, his dark hair matted to his scalp from mine dust and fear sweat, though that could easily come off as simply the temperature. Even the guards were sweating. The shield could fight off the magma, but some of the heat still got through. Basically the equivalent of a hot summer day.

"Nothing personal, sir, we're just doing our job." One of the guards, a weequay man explained patiently. "What's wrong with your vessel?"

"Engine was on the verge of failure due to exposure from volcanic ash. Its clogged and the filters are damaged..." the man answered, trying to hide his fear of what was on the ship with him.

"How long do you estimate repairs will take?" The weequay man asked, his naturally wrinkled face frowning as he stared at the nervous man in suspicion.

"One hour, minimum. Hour and a half so I can do proper checks before taking off."

Wolfe, who had been present when the ship landed got out his com-link.

"Sir? What do you think?"

"Two hours. No more no less. If he's still on that pad after that throw him out. Don't want it said I was not reasonable." came a grumbled reply.

Wolfe looked at the man. "Two hours. You're either done after that or you risk the lava."

"I need a hydrospanner and a high power fusion torch. Mine are busted..." the man explained to Wolfe.

"You may use the tools in the garage..." Wolfe conceeded. "Do try not to break them..."

Wolfe turned to the others. "Watch his every move. If he does anything that doesn't look like something he should be doing, shoot him." Wolfe ordered, before leaving to the manor kitchen where he dismissed the droid servants and began preparing the chocolate pie his boss was so fond of.

He felt something pointy travel down his spine. He went still when he realized it was a vibroblade.

"Nice house..." came the dark, feminine whisper. "I'm your friend's asset..."

"Certainly couldn't have picked a better time..." Wolfe grumbled as he prepared the slice of frozen pudding pie.

"The area the safe is located in is surrounded by cameras?" asked the voice in the nothingness behind him.

"Indeed. The safe has biometrics that can't be faked. You literally need Xurol to open it for you." Wolfe answered as he worked in the extravagant kitchen.

"That should be...easy..." came the soft chuckle. "Where's his room?"

"Two floors above us. Automated blaster turrets on the walls. When your employer, my partner, receives the data I want you to relay to him I expect proper compensation for my treachery--"

"You can tell him yourself..." came a seductive whisper back.

"W-what do you mean..."

"You see Wolfe, the trouble about men with nothing to lose is that when they literally give all they have left for revenge there really is no reason to keep them alive...silly man paid it all upfront...you can hardly blame me for deciding to just end things at their logical conclusion..."

"But...I'm the one who gave you this opportunity!" Wolfe hissed in clear fear now, his hands trembling as he held the plate.

"Yes..." the seductive voice answered. "And you were so helpful...which is why I'm going to make you a deal. You know Xurol will kill you if he finds out your treachery. So if you keep silent..." the invisible biot cooed, letting her inactive vibroknife dig into the base of his spine. "I promise not to kill you..."

Wolfe could only nod, red faced and embarrassed, and suddenly, he realized he was alone.

That fool...he had paid it all upfront...you 'never' pay it all upfront.

Wolfe began to do some recalculations...

bAkbas.gif

Wearing: Armor | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Vanric Dannon"] [member="Celessa"] [member="Ciri Jade"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Vereshin"] +Feel free to join!

x7K6md.png

"We're all paranoid down here," Scherezade replied to [member="Celessa"] with a smile that she hoped would be comforting. Much as she wanted to reprimand her some more, she was sane enough at the moment to know that it would serve neither short nor long term purpose. The woman had taken her weapon down and was trying to help with the boulder. That was as much as she could ask for at present.

Scherezade was about to join in, when a newcomer [[member="Vereshin"]] almost fell over [member="Ciri Jade"], and within moments the boulder was off her leg. She wanted to thank him, but Ciri's leg was what caught her attention, and priority, in that moment. As for medical supplies, she had none to offer, and so she shook her head. It made her wish [member="Cay-Yo"] was with them. He sold bandages.

"We should probably get moving," she sighed, looking at the possible exist. None of them felt particularly great, and now with the cave ins, their immediate goal had turned from discovering what happened to the miners, to trying to find the way back up. Without their commdevices or ability to reach above ground via the Force, it was going to be harder than any of them had initially planned for.

Yet before they could begin to look deeper into the potential exist, a sense of darkness and foreboding began to feel the room. It was almost thick enough to choke on. Scherezade wanted to comment on it, but what her eyes caught caused her reason to pause.

There were shadows seeping in through the stones. Not through the cracks in the stones, but through the stones themselves. She thought she could see tiny mouths in them, almost like those of bats, and the shadows were coming towards them.

"At the risk of sounding paranoid," she mumbled, one of her lightsabers sliding into her hands as she ignited the green beam, "I'm not the only one seeing that, right?"

Vanric Dannon

Marshal of Many, Lover of One
[member="Celessa"] | [member="Ciri Jade"] | [member="Alkor Centaris"] | [member="Vereshin"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

bAkbas.gif
[SIZE=18pt]The once quiet and eerie walk through the tunnels became a one-sided conversation, emanating from the Lambers kid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“---and so, technically it’s his fault I’m down here to begin with. What else am I supposed to do when Ma’s worried sick and he hasn’t shown in days? He can’t have been got by the boogiemen. He’s way too strong to be caught! He probably got stuck somewhere and the others are just too lily livered to do a thing about it. Specially that Roland fellow---”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“Hey, kid,” interrupted Vanric. “How about we pretend there might be a limited supply of oxygen and dangerous “boogiemen” what’s trapped down here with us, eh?...”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“…Okay….” Replied the dejected child. Even without the given circumstances, Vanric was never one for small talk, especially the kind that droned on and on without pause for consideration. He knew the kid was probably just doing it to cope, but it was the wrong time and the wrong place for the both of them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]They carried on down the tunnel, when Vanric suddenly stopped and put a hand out in front of Chek to stop his movement and noise. He listened, as hard as he could, just so he could hear what he thought he heard once more. After a couple seconds, he heard it again: the sounds of voices; faint but there. He turned his head to Chek and put a finger to his mouth before quietly moving closer to the source. He got as close as he could, so close he could make out clear words now, but there was a problem. The sound was emanating through a two-foot-deep crack, just barely big enough for one of his pupils to try and peer through. He waited a bit longer before he decided to risk it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]“Hey!” He yelled through the crack. “Can you hear me?! There’s a kid here! We’re stuck!”[/SIZE]

bAkbas.gif

He fell into stride behind the woman- what was her name again? They'd only worked together one time aside from this, and names had never been his strong suit. Faces, however- he definitely knew this one.

Alkor followed quietly along with the agents [member="Scherezade deWinter"] had in tow without asking any questions; for now, the most important thing was teamwork, and assuring that any survivors were found and promptly treated. Medevac was improbable at this point, so first aid was the best they could hope to manage.

He glanced over the wounded leg of [member="Ciri Jade"] and frowned. "We could splint it, but that's the best I can think of right now," he told her. "We're short first aid supplies because we got separated from the relief teams above ground." He reached out to touch the afflicted area, but his hand wavered just out of reach. "May I?" he asked.

In all of the madness, Alkor's Force senses had begun to act like static feedback whenever he tried to reach out and coordinate any type of link between above and below. Because of this, he had limited himself to only listening to things going on close by- so when the woman pointed out the strange mass of shadows, he was as taken aback as she was.

"That's something you don't see often," he remarked. Of course, Alkor had seen Sithspawn and other such atrocities many times during his tenure with the Dark Jedi and the Sith. It wasn't so much that it bothered him as that he had not expected it. Just another wrench in the plan.

bAkbas.gif
Celessa
Post 3
Equipment: CS-21 Combat Stealth Suit (Appearance), Flayer Tactical Combat Knife, Corvus-type Chronometer, ACS-208 Wrist Charric, ODM System, Murdock Stealth Blaster Rifle, VT-Bolt Blaster
[member="Vanric Dannon"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Ciri Jade"] [member="Alkor Centaris"]

Almost without warning, the boulder began to levitate within her hands and Celessa stepped back to let whoever it was do their work. She was beginning to feel distinctly useless and like a liability. She wasn’t big or strong enough to pick up a boulder and she didn’t have magic powers which allowed her to do it with merely a thought. All she had was an overwhelming sense of paranoia and a few guns. With her mood turning increasingly dark and sour, she didn’t even bother to answer Ciri’s reaction to a blaster being pointed at her. I’ve already apologized, that should be enough, Celessa thought in a huff as she turned her gaze away from the prying eyes of the injured woman.

The growing darkness within the cave would have escaped her notice if not for Scherezade’s keen senses. She immediately pulled her rifle from the rear magnetic holster. As she did, she heard a disembodied voice which seemed to come from behind one of the walls.

“Did anyone hear that?! Did any of you say that?” Celessa looked at each member of the group in turn as the pupils of her ruby eyes expanded in response to the mounting tension within the small cave. She didn’t give any of them a chance to respond before taking a deep breath to prime her voice.

“Hello? Is anyone there? Where are you?” Celessa yelled at the top of her lungs. “Wait...you have a...a kid with you?”

Celessa turned back to the group.

“Someone’s stuck behind that wall.” The diminutive assassin pointed towards the wall to her left as she spoke, which bore a two-foot long gash. “There’s a child with them.” She said with an austere finality in her tone.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
bAkv4J.gif
Objective: Give the evacuation more time and save the village.
Tags: [member="Alwine Lechner"] [member="Argis Volmir"] [member="Adelle Bastiel"]

Seeing that Alwin wasn't going to abandon him he nodded and stood beside her as she used the force to keep the lava back. "Good, good now just keep that up for a second!" A'Runda replied. Taking a powerful stance to brace himself he raised his arms up as if directing the flow of the heat. In a sudden burst of energy the surface of the lava seemed to catch fire. But A'Runda wasn't worried as that was expected. The heated are would create fire as the lava cooled down. The fire raged for only a moment as it ran out of oxygen to continue and by then the heat was dispersed.

Looking at the result of their team work they managed to make a high enough stone wall made of cooled lava to keep it at bay for now. "It worked! Here, we need to move quickly to make sure the it one flow around and manage to destroy the village from the sides!" He said to, they moved around the village in a bit of a semi-circle and slowly secured their sides. Looking over A'Runda could see the approaching mudslide heading for the evacuation location. He knew he couldn't make it in time, so he hopped the big man could handle it, otherwise what Alwin and him were doing was for nothing.

After getting a good enough "wall" somewhat around the village A'Runda spoke once more to the small women beside him. "Okay, not bare with me now, we've gonna need to let the lava through and into the village some. We can control its flow straight through the middle without damaging it. I can direct the flow by cooling its sides, I just need for you to keep any escaped lava from causing damage. When you're ready you or I can break a part of the wall to let the lava through and we can start!" All in all his grand plan consisted of them blocking the lava, only to let it in with some direction. They couldn't do it before since it would overwhelm them.

bAkbas.gif
Tag: [Open - Come Find Me]​

She coughed. She coughed so hard that she felt like she might choke up a chunk of her lung. The seemingly frail Echani was kneeling down, trapped, in a pile of rocks and dirt that had fallen all around. The dust stung her eyes. Unbearable heat burned her hands. Why? Why did things keep dropping and or caving on her? Srina stayed still in the dank, darkness, trying in vain to catch her breath. It was a sad fact. There really wasn’t much air to breathe.

Her mind reached out for her Master, [member="Darth Metus"], or for [member="Aryn Teth"]. Even [member="Adron Malvern"]…@Voph. Anyone. She couldn’t seem to get through the rock that was filled every inch of the space. The white-haired woman wore the strike armor of the Knights Obsidian, patterned with purple hexagons, and lay on her side like a kidney shaped bean. She tried her comm. Nothing but garbled noise and static. Her arm lay of her ribs, protecting them, but still very much so disoriented. When she used her ears over the Force, she could almost hear a male voice [[member="Vanric Dannon"]] on the comm.

It was too broken up to understand what he was saying.

Srina could hear others in the distance. She couldn’t feel them though. A few females [[member="Ciri Jade"]] [[member="Safira Varad"]] [[member="Celessa"] [[member="Scherezade deWinter"]] were talking, distantly speaking words, but Srina had been knocked on the head pretty badly by a decent sized rock. All she wanted to do was sleep. Through the haze, she did feels someone buried beneath the earth…Slowly, but surely. She knew him because she had once held the strings that made him dance in her hands. Monastery. She remembered that place…Cold and bright. Not like here. It was hot and dark. “Alkor…”

Another flicker of recognition. But wrong. All wrong. She thought she felt her Master. [member="Darth Metus"]. She reached for him through the Force, only to find out that the connection was wrong, and incomplete. There was a gap in the circuit. She didn’t realize, half-aware, that it was actually [member="Isley Verd"]. Her frown deepened. Why would their bond block her out? What was wrong with this place?

Something within her core seemed to stir, as if it had slept, until the moment it was needed. Silver eyes began to take on a faint glow while golden corruption threaded through her irises. Srina didn’t like it here. She didn’t want to be here. She was angry, that something had trapped her, something stole her air and something left the Confederacy buried even further down the dead. Everyone was stuck. Trapped. She smelled something coppery, and knew, it was blood mingling with the dust filled air. There were things in the shadows. Anomalies. The Exarch very much so wanted to wipe them out.

The pull of the dark, mostly, by something that felt like a witch [@Vereshin] moved her inner demon. It purred and curled up around the base of her spine while she focused on repairing her body. It didn’t always work the way it was supposed to, and holy dark, did it hurt. It was one of the reasons she hadn’t attempted to heal her face after Kuat and let it recover, mostly, naturally. Her acuity returned, carefully, and she remembered she had a rebreather built into her strike armor. Awkwardly she pulled the front of her hood up so that it would hide her mouth.

When she breathed, the air was almost sweet, and clarity returned. She would not suffocate and die in this hovel. The rocks that trapped her would begin to move, rolling away, while she did her best not to cause a secondary cave in.

bAkv4J.gif

Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | "Executor" Boots Exclusive
Wielding: Obsidian Knight Sword | WindWhisper
Tags: [member="A'Runda"] | [member="Argis Volmir"] | [member="Adelle Bastiel"] | [member="Alden Akaran"] | + Feel free to join!

xVXAam.png

It worked. Alwine opened her eyes, looking at the lava that had ceased rushing at them. There was more coming from the distance, she could see that easily enough, but the immediately danger had passed for the moment. The petite was out of breath, feeling as though she had just ran a marathon without a single sip of water. She needed rest – they all did.

But they were not finished. Far from it. The man in the bandages took her then for a circle around the village, where they continued to do the same. Alwine could quite tangibly feel herself becoming depleted – there was only so much someone with her training could muster, and while it was true that she'd been training almost daily for nearly a year now, she was still nowhere near as powerful as many of her peers.

Her body was wet with perspiration at that point, and when she blinked it seemed as though she could feel the planet spinning. And he wanted more.

"I cannot," she gasped, "I do not have the strength remaining. We need help from others if we wish to bring your plan to full fruition!"

bAkbas.gif

Wearing: Armor | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 10 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives| Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets
Tags: [member="Vanric Dannon"] [member="Celessa"] [member="Ciri Jade"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Vereshin"] [member="Srina Talon"] +Feel free to join!

x7K6md.png

So it wasn't just her. Scherezade sighed. Within moments, they were all surrounded by those shadow things, and on top of that there were voices; more than one, stuck behind walls, wanting to come out. Had it not been for her senses as a Blood Hound, the Sithling would have thought those voices of others were part of the imaginary scene, something to lull them into action and trick them. But no. Now that the voices were pointed out by others and she took the scent, she knew.

None of those gathered, as far as she was aware, was a Jedi. That would make dealing with the shadows trickier.

"First things first," she said, taking charge of the group, "you and you," Scherezade said, pointing at [member="Vereshin"] and [member="Ciri Jade"], "stay together. Until we get her leg good enough to work, I need you to protect her from whatever comes our way. You two," she said, looking to [member="Celessa"] and [member="Alkor Centaris"], "we take care of the shadows things first, and then we get the dude and the kid, as well as [member="Srina Talon"], who's nearby and also stuck."

Without waiting for any of them to respond, Scherezade pulled one of her lightsabers out and ignited it, the green beam casting a soft light on her surroundings. The other one, unignited, she tossed to [member="Celessa"]. "Guns won't work on these things," she said, and then looked at the walls. The shadows were now spilling out of them, looking almost like pooling black water. This was not something biological or natural. This was something born of malice, and likely darkness. [member="Alkor Centaris"], she knew, had a weapon of his own. She just hoped he hadn't lost it in any of the cave ins.

Charging forward, Scherezade brought the beam of her lightsaber down on the closest pool of shadows to her. The shrieks that came out of them were terrible, like bats grinding up in a blender on full volume. She winced, but attacked again. This time, the dark monstrosities rose from the ground, opening thousands of little mouths with tiny sharp fangs inside of them.

The Crow/Pathfinder continued to hack and slash forward with her lightsaber, but it wasn't enough; some of them began to climb onto her body. At the present, her armor was doing its job and protecting her, yet it wasn't too long before one of them caught her face and bit down on her cheek, pulling a scream from the Sithling.

She pulled her hand up to her face to yank it off, and could feel a chunk of flesh being yanked out with it. It wasn't going to be pretty.

Objective: Save the people
Tag: @A'runda | [member="Alwine Lechner"] | [member="Argis Volmir"]

Adelle checked her immediate surroundings through the Force as she herded the last of the villagers on her half to the rendezvous point. No lifeforms that she could pinpoint. Good. She took a step towards the ruined morgue and paused. The rushing mudslide thundered close by. There were still two others in harm's way. But the data in the morgue could save lives. As a lightsider, she was called to make sacrifices for the greater good. But weren't the two she left behind also part of the greater good? Weren't they trying to mitigate the long term damage to the village?

Still, long-term meant nothing if more and more people kept disappearing.

"Idiot," she hissed. Touching the Force, she used it to augment her speed and took off back into the village. Buildings blurred past as she ran and finally leapt onto the flat roof of a single-story house. Frothing mud raged towards two figures at the outskirts of town. Adelle flung her hands out as the mudslide hit lava, sending a wave of steam rushing at them. She flexed, molding the Force into a protective bubble around the Tusken and the woman.

bAkbas.gif
Location: Collapsed tunnel, somewhere near [member="Srina Talon"]
Tags: [member="Vanric Dannon"] [member="Celessa"] [member="Ciri Jade"] [member="Alkor Centaris"] [member="Vereshin"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crunch.
The sound of cracking emergency glow sticks filled the tunnel. The falling debris had for the most part stopped for the time being, in its place an eerie quiet seemed to fill the tunnels that were in total chaos only moments before. It was a little calming, really. Save for the fact they were all trapped in an active volcano surrounded by a dizzying list of potential hazards, of course.
Damien's face was dimly illuminated with chemical-green radiance of artificial light. He took in his surroundings, mostly just rock and destroyed mining equipment. Cool. The assassin gave an audible sigh, how did he always end up getting stuck in these situations? He had signed up with the Ministry to kill insurgent leaders and destabilize foreign governments, not go rescue some miners who had somehow managed to go missing inside of an active volcano. A volcano. Just his luck, really.
The young assassin sucked in a breath of particularly dust-laden air and almost coughed his lungs up in recompense. Fortunately, he managed to activate his armor's helmet module before he pulled a Doc Holliday and coughed himself to death in the middle of the tunnel. Wouldn't this be a poodoo place to die. With the oxygen filtration up and running, he listened closer to his surroundings. There was a large-ish group of people somewhere behind him, with whoever was in charge barking out commands that he couldn't quite make out. The voice sounded feminine, probably deWinter if he had to guess. Then there was some other rando screaming something about a kid behind a wall of rock to his right. Damien had a soft spot for kids, so he started heading in that general direction until something caught his eye. The lifeform scanner on his HUD picked something up a ways in front of him. It was much closer than the rest, but whoever it was didn't seem to be moving. Maybe they were hurt? Interest piqued, Damien started making his way towards the lone blip on his radar.
It was then that something grabbed his right arm. He was understandably quite surprised, seeing as how nothing had come up on his array of state-of-the-art scanners. Quick as lightning, he drew his powerblade and slashed at his assailant's throat in what could only be described as a ruthless killing blow. Except, of course, it wasn't. The knife seemed to pass harmlessly through the attacker without so much as a scratch.
At this point Damien was pretty spooked. Dropping the knife, he leaped backwards into a nearby wall in a desperate attempt to get some spacing between him and the mysterious entity. Drawing his automatic blaster pistol, he quickly loosed four or five shots in the general direction of the creature. Each shot found its mark. The flashes from his muzzle illuminated the surrounding area, revealing a tall creature seemingly fashioned from pure shadow. The blaster fire tore burning holes through its essence, causing it to evaporate in a cloud of black smoke.
Damien quickly got to his feet, opening his mic to all who could hear. "This is Wynter. There's, uh something else down here with us. My knife didn't do anything, but blaster fire seemed to work. I'm going to go look for casualties." With that, he fired up his HUD's sonar mapping and hunter tracking suite to help see through the debris. He drew his other heavy blaster pistol keeping it pointed down the dark tunnel ahead. Who knew what other demons lurked down in this hellhole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom