Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Crossroads | GA Dominion of Kuat

Blackwing Virus Investigation
Tags: Auteme Auteme

A few others had filed in when Auteme had appeared. The cold Doctor sputtered with a few in his native Seoulian tongue and then nodded his head, having them disappear. It was apparent they were his assistants and were doing the work that was needing to be done while the Doctor briefed those that were coming in. By the time Auteme approached, the Doctor was alone and peered over the top of his glasses and over the datapad he had in his hands. The girl seemed cheerful, and it clashed instantly with his cold nature, but he remembered his interactions with a specific doctor who seemed to enjoy getting under his skin. Shrugging off the woman, he looked at the girl and used his stylist to push back his glasses that were now sliding down the bridge of his nose. He gave the girl an awkward and uncomfortable smile. Hyonu wasn't a social genius and was inept at smiling. Still, he appreciated her knowing who he was.

"Oh. Hello." He stiffly spoke as he did his best to sound more professional and yet warm(?). "You've read my papers? Good. You'll do." He turned on his heel and grabbed a tablet for the girl, and handed it to her. "Everything in there is preloaded with the current research." Waiting for her to turn it on, he looked over at the biodome entrance and shook his head. "No. Not yet. You need to sign the waiver - the virus that we have in there is immune to the current vaccines and everything we've developed to combat the Blackwing Virus. Its why we are taking extra precautions. But yes. Please sign the waiver."

He waited for her to do so. Inside the tablet, if Auteme let her curiosity take control, she would find inside of the tablet all of Hyonu's notes about the virus. How it's acting and the rate of infection. From the records, she would notice the conclusion is something more durable than before; the infected retain some intelligence and are capable of using weapons and have speed. Still, no specimen had shown control of the Force.

Hyonu continued to wait. "If you don't sign the waiver, you cannot handle the samples. You'll just be here saying hi to the people who signed the waiver. Um. Don't be scared okay? You are in err good hands."

Objective: Hunt & Relocate infected Gen'dai
Tags: Ryv Ryv

As Ryv ran, giving the Gen'dai a chance for their dinner. Allyson was quickly typing away, making sure there was a constant feed for the Knight to see. Wouldn't be very useful if he had all of a sudden ran out of the map. Her eyes darted around to different screens seeing that the creatures were oddly moving all towards him. She wondered if they had missed something or that the man was making far more noise than she had anticipated. He was worried, she could feel it through their bond, which in turn made her anxious. Lips pressed together as she focused on feeding the man some good vibes while also trying to save his behind. <Hey this is an easy game here, Champ you got this.> Allyson quipped back as the winced hearing the sounds of his grunting and body slamming into the ground. She kept her head in the game, but she could feel the strain that was weighing on his body. A part of her hated being in the hotel room, and she'd rather be at his side fighting - at least watching his back, but this was the better of the devised plans and, in a sense, keeping them both safe.

With full access to his HUD, she was able to do a quick scan of his vitals. Frowning, his eyes in the sky became acutely aware of his left arm. A slew of Corellian swears words escaped the brunette's lips as the reality of this all was as hitting far too close to home. Allyson didn't know what she would do if something terrible happened to the Kiffar. <I'm sending some help.> She didn't say anything, but he would feel her concern and worry quite easily. As Ryv continued to maneuver his way around the alleyways, a pair of Allyson's spider slicer droids emerged from the gutter and used wires to trip up the chasing Gen'dai. They quickly followed behind Ryv with their magnetic feet clinking as they scuttled behind him. <Meet R2 and C3, they're my slicer spiders.> She had one more trick up her sleeve if things became worse for the Jedi.

In a soft voice her concern slipped through, <Ryv, please be careful - I need you to come home.> She was quiet and continued to feed him the images, and the HUD would give him control over the spiders if he saw a need for the droids - if Allyson didn't see it first. The map continued, and Ryv would be alerted that he was drawing close to the drop off zone. Allyson, on the other end, prepared to open the hold they had crafted for this exact mission.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
cqs1XXW.png

// PARAGON // SWORD OF THE JEDI //
//
KUAT // KUAT CITY //
//
INVESTIGATE AND ELIMINATE //
//
FOCUS // Allyson Locke Allyson Locke // OPEN TO JEDI //

As Ryv's HUD continued to flare with information, he consistently checked it as he pushed through the alleyways. He could hear the sound of dozens of feet stampeding after him. The Jedi Knight knew if it weren't for the Blade of Ruusan hanging at his side, he'd of been struggling even to stand straight, but the weapon's calming aura blocked out the anxieties that accompanied such circumstances. He used this to his advantage as his danger sense went haywire, warning him of an impending attack. The sound of heavy footfalls beside him clued him into what was coming. Ryv dropped into a slide, narrowly avoiding chunks of building as it crashed over him, followed by a muscular arm. The kiffar pushed himself to his feet and continued his dash. Before he could complain about whatever promised help had never arrived, he heard a thud from behind him as the gen'dai hit the floor, tripped up by the small spider droids.
"Perfect timing," Ryv gasped between each breath, which noticeably became more labored with each step. Finally, breaking through the labyrinth of alleyways, he turned onto an abandoned street and continued forward. "Alright, I'm a little pissed we laid this damn trap five kilometers from our point of impact. I'm making the plan next time," he complained over the commlink to Allyson. With another 3.5 kilometers between him and the dropzone, Ryv almost wanted to scream out in raw frustration. Instead, he saved his breath, put his head down, and continued pushing down the street. All the while, the horde of undead gen'dai continued to gain on him, barely slowed down by the small droids.
Seeing his predicament, Ryv decided to once more take to the rooftops. He leaped up onto the front of a speeder and dashed across it, summoning the force to his aid. He launched himself from the ground just as one of the beasts rounded the corner and rushed beneath him.
"Don't you do it," Ryv muttered under his breath as the entity reached up and latched onto his ankle. "Goddamnit!" he roared as the gen'dai shifted his weight and threw the kiffar across the street into another storefront. Ryv crashed through the transparisteel and slammed into the back wall. His world immediately went black from impact. Luckily, the dazed Jedi Knight remained unconscious for a few short seconds, awakened to the sound of his latest assailant tossing aside furniture and crushing glass beneath a giant foot.
"Oh Ryv," Ryv began, mockingly imitating Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge . "Please, please, please go to Kuat and deal with the Blackwing gen'dai problem!" he pushed out with force, sending the creature stumbling back as it reached down for him. "I would be forever grateful to the Jedi Order if you can stop this threat from spreading!" the cruel imitation continued as Ryv lifted his shield and felt the massive creature slam into it, sending him through the backdoor of the building. "Argh," he coughed up as his back slammed into the ground and slid a half a dozen meters. "Ahh, for the force's sake," he shakily pushed himself up once more, entire body wobbling. With a deep breath, he finished his earlier maneuver, launching himself onto a nearby roof.
"I'm off course, Lucky. What do you got for me?" Ryv asked over the commlink, beginning with a forced jog across the empty roof.

Objective: Hunt & Relocate infected Gen'dai

Things seemed to have turned to the better for the Jedi Knight right up to the point where he was grabbed by the ankle and tossed. Allyson just about had it at this point, it was apparent they needed a bigger strike team, and she could have done this quickly on the field. It was a good thing they had decided on a central HQ in the hotel, Ryv had just passed it as he ran along the rooftops. Grabbing the energy bow, the Corellian quickly climbed out the large window of the bedroom. Cursing under her breath, she continued to listen to him as he mocked the mission that had plopped into his lap. Allyson usually would have found these comical, and her usual laugh would have filled the comms, but she knew what his vitals were saying. The Corellian ran adjacent to the Jedi as she drew one of the arrows from her side holster. <Little off course, but if you make a right and head two blocks you should at the drop off>

Allyson crouched and fired off an arrow towards the leader of the pack that was nipping at Ryv's heels. The arrow zipped through the air until it embedded in the neck pudge of the creature. She knew that when the arrow exploded, it wouldn't do anything but slow down the mob, the beast that she attacked would rebuild its self and continue. Yet, that's all she needed—a minor distraction to keep Ryv alive till she could get to him with the med-pack and stim. The arrow finally exploded the head of the creature, and the mob was startled for just a moment to the sudden distraction. Allyson continued to move following a route similar to his. <Just a little farther, I'm right behind you>.

She leaped and grabbed onto a ledge. When she found her footing, another arrow fired towards the mob, popping another head as they started to gather and funnel after Ryv. The cycle continued with her moving and firing an arrow each time she found a sound footing. It slowed them down enough that the Jedi didn't have to push himself harder than necessary. <Next time you can make the plan I swear, or we can just increase your cardio work out.>

The brunette couldn't help herself.​

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
cqs1XXW.png

//
KUAT // KUAT CITY //
//
//

Once the small horde pushed through the building after Ryv and his initial assailant, the Jedi Knight visibly winced. While he didn't doubt his ability to get to the dropoff, thanks to the Blade of Ruusan, he could tell by his awkward gait his body wasn't doing too hot. If he had to guess? A cracked rib or two, potentially something broken along his leg, and a series of minor bruises and lacerations decorating his body. The jacket helped, as did the shield, but he couldn't make up for the raw power beating down onto his body. Blunt trauma could be just as good at tearing flesh as any bladed weapon; it only required the right touch—specifically, the touch of a giant, undead gen'dai.
Speaking of the gen'dai, Ryv looked over his shoulder once more at the approaching swarm. With no direct route onto the buildings, he knew he had a few minutes before he'd come into contact with one again. So, he picked up the pace and pushed his body forward. The passive force body that seemed to permeate the space around him made the process nearly painless, though, minor chinks in the cosmic armor left the Jedi Knight wishing he could just lay down and take a nap. On top of it all, Ryv could feel the stress leaking through the bond connecting him and the Jedi Master watching over him. While the physical strain did not bleed over to Allyson, he knew the mental trauma of having to not only view everything through the kiffar's eyes but also feeling the out of place calm must be taxing on his handler.
"Huh, what?" Ryv looked up as Allyson's voice chimed in through the commlink before a small explosion erupted behind him. "Oh, yeah. I know. You installed a functioning map to my HUD out of the blue, buddy," he increased his pace, took a deep breath, and launched himself the ten or so feet across the gap made by an alley below. He grunted on impact, his body momentarily giving out on him. Ryv hit the ground with his good shoulder, carefully rolling to his feet with a strained groan. Bits of blood stained the ground behind him. "Not gonna lie to you, Ally, this is about as far from easy as something gets. So uh, thanks for popping up to help me out. I'm gonna drop and get em to follow me into the hot zone. Wait for me to pop out of the roof and lock it down."
Ryv chuckled weakly at the joke about poor cardio before dropping down to the street below. Much like on the roof above, his body couldn't sustain the action. He collapsed against an idle speeder, more blood running from beneath his jacket across the hood of the vehicle. He pushed up and hurried across the street. By the time the infected gen'dai tunneled through the singular entrance, Ryv climbed up from a lone hatch and dropped it in place. He turned the small wheel, tightening the durasteel locking mechanism, before rolling over onto his back.
"I think I need to see a medic."

Objective: Play Medic

Allyson watched Ryv's movement as she continued to use the arrows and explosions to help herd the mob to follow Ryv. They were so close to finishing this, and Allyson regretted the set up they decided on. Her footsteps were light along the rooftop while she headed closer to the end of the line. She could feel the calming that the Blade of Ruusan was emitting around the Jedi, it was so out of place for what was happening, and she pressed her lips tightly together in concern. There was no visual confirmation on where the Kiffar was; even with the zoom of her lenses, she couldn't get anything on him. There was an alert from the holding that pinged in her system, Allyson exhaled with relief when she heard the man's voice over the commlink. He was going to need a medic, but at least she was there to stabilize him for the most part.

As Ryv rested near the idle speeder, he would hear the soft footsteps of his companion. It didn't take her long to make it down from the rooftop and follow his pathway. Any footage quickly shipped to the teams in the biodome, this would show the way the mutated Blackwing Virus changed the Gen'dai. It was interesting that once Ryv aggroed one group, the rest quickly picked up his scent and went on a bloodthirsty hunt. Stopping beside him, she knelt and pulled out the medical pack and stim-pack for him. She handed him the shot to give him a boost of energy and adrenaline - it would help get him back to the hotel. "Sorry about this, I didn't realize they were going to all follow you once we got that small group cornered." She smiled as she started to bandage some of his bleedings.

First aid was taught to recruits, and Jedi Padawans were quick to learn mending skills for the field. She wasn't a Jedi healer, but she could at least take the pain away from him. She could sense his exhaustion from the Force Body that passively kept him alive. A hand moved to where his ribs were, "This might sting a little, but it will feel better soon promise," her hand rested gently, and the warmth of the Force healing channeled from her hand and into his torso. Allyson moved her hand from his rib cage, and to another spot on his body, she remained close while making sure to mend the significant points of injury. As strong as she was, she wasn't sure she'd be able to carry him back to the hotel room. "Feeling any better there, Handsome?" The Corellian smiled at the Jedi Knight softly doing her best to remain professional in this professional setting.

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
cqs1XXW.png

//
KUAT // KUAT CITY //
//
//

Ryv's head popped up as Allyson approached. He looked over his partner in crime before using the speeder to aid him once more, carefully pushing himself to a seated position. Pain peeked through the veil provided to Ryv's body by the cosmic power, making the Jedi acutely aware of how much he did not enjoy that experience. He slid the jacket from his shoulders, finding its weight a tad too much in that instance of weakness. Once she spoke, he considered telling her he knew they'd end up all following him. His experiences with Blackwing, coupled with the intensive study expected of him from the Imperium days, hammered that point home. One part of Ryv knew she'd be pissed off the moment he expressed that fact, while the other part of him wanted to be honest and open about the entire affair.
"Yeah, uh," Ryv raised a hand and scratched at the back of his head. "I've messed around with Blackwing in the past. There is a pseudo hivemind element to their existence once infected. Some of the stronger carriers maintain their consciousness. Still, a lot of the weaker elements wind up a part of one whole," he slowly worked his way through the explanation, labored breaths revealing how much punishment Ryv sustained at the swarm's hands. "I wouldn't overthink it, though. I'm alive, a goddamn invasion force of these things is locked away, and once they've studied thoroughly, we can shoot them into the nearest star and not worry about them again."
Once Allyson pulled out the first-aid kit, Ryv fell still. He wasn't particularly fond of this part of fieldwork, but he knew the necessity of it all. His entire body screamed at him as if he'd spent the last hour tumbling down a mountainside.
"Yeah, I know this is the worst part," Ryv muttered out while watching her hand press into his torso. Warmth spread throughout the entirety of his chest as he could feel muscle stitching itself back together, bone shifting to reconnect, and bruising fade into smaller marks. Even though she couldn't overcome all the damage done to his body, enough of what hurt, hurt less, and that went a long way for the dazed Jedi Knight. As her hand brushed his arm to repeat the process, Ryv hung his head back and rested it atop the speeder's hood. "I'm mostly fine. I should be able to get back to HQ if we take it slow," as if to accentuate that point, he slowly but surely climbed to his feet, accepting whatever aid she offered. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, leaning onto her before beginning to limp back in the direction of the temporary headquarters.
"Dude, do we have any more takeout back at basecamp?"

sEbnaWV.png
| Alias: | Jallo Ismaren - Member of Elane Kuat's security detail.
| Location: | Kuat City, Kuat - Her Royal Majesty's Estate
| Tags: | Open

The first time he saw her, Jallo knew she was trouble. He peered through the window: just a beaut, clad in a gaudy dress with that blonde hair rippling through the wind. Thing was, he was on the fourth floor.

The rain fell like dead bullets. If running down stairs was a profession, he'd be headed to the galactic finals. Heart pounding and eyes wide, Jallo found himself and the other mooks outside of the estate in a blink. He was thankful for his bald head now - no point in getting upset over his hair getting wet now. Much less the dame laying sprawled out on the ground. Body broken and worn, with that crimson leaking outta her like a faucet.

Jallo frowned. She was pretty, but worn out, like a dictionary in a stupid family.

"Who's she?" He asked, lips tight.

"Who was she?" Holian corrected, that friendly face returning once more. "One of the Lady's handmaidens. Iella Durane."

Jallo guffawed. "Handmaiden, yeah? Her job description depict her gettin' tossed out of a goddamned building?"

The other man shrugged, wiping away dribbles of rain from his forehead. "Poor girl." His words seemed sad, yet his eyes lied.

Jallo took a moment to peer upwards into the sky, growing black with the clouds above. A broken window on the sixth. He turned abruptly and started for the double-doors when a hand tugged at his shoulder.

"Where ya goin'?"

A slick smile crept up his mug. "To take a look."

Last edited:
Objective: Play Medic

Allyson mulled over the revelation and had the sudden urge to punch him. She wished he would have told her this before they had started the mission. If she had been aware of the hivemind, the infected possess she wouldn't have had Ryv go out alone. He would be able to feel the woman's annoyance at him while he explained what he knew. Still, despite the inconvenience, worry won with a dash of guilt won out. Her guilt lingered heavily on her mind while she helped him up and gave the Knight the support he needed to stand. They weren't going anywhere fast, but at least from what her scan said - they were safe.

A hand moved around his waist, and the other held onto the arm around her shoulders. He was heavy, but with her still being in better shape than he was, she was able to use force body to help support him passively. Despite her being a master, she couldn't channel it for the length of time Ryv could, that part of the man impressed her. Allyson couldn't help but laugh a little hearing him ask about take out. Biting her lower lip, she nodded and sighed. "After nearly being someone's dinner, you're feeling hungry." The Corellian shook her head and continued with the man slowly towards the hotel, "There's not a lot - but we can order something when we get back."

After some time, the pair had made their way up into the hotel room. Allyson set the man down and looked at him. She would let him ask if he needed help with anything; further, her attention was to start taking down the mission set up. She hesitated and looked at Ryv and once again felt the ugly head of guilt weigh on her. "Do you need any help cleaning up? I can do another round of healing for you - to at least make you comfortable. More take out is on its way too."

She paused and then looked at him, "Next time we should go together."

sEbnaWV.png
Kuat // Kuat City // Royal Estate
Sebastian Santelli Sebastian Santelli

Honestly she'd expected more trench coats to be involved with detective work. Alas, there were no wardrobe changes for the Jedi as she was ushered through the estate by Lady Elane herself, but not without a few personnels at her dispense. Loske'd been assigned detailing to the woman once again, based on their interactions during the Kuat conflict yesteryear The Alliance assumed some level of familiarity would help reduce some of the tensions the woman might have been feeling in light of recent accusations.

For what it was worth, Lady Elane didn't look fraught in the slightest. Instead of pacing frantically, she maintained an elegant poise alongside the kiffar who was trying to catch up to the situation. She donned sweeping fabrics that swayed while they travelled, and caught the light in ways that complimented her voluptuous silhouette. Lady Elane was dressing her corpse for her enemies.

The ruby-lipped madame controlled the conversation and navigated through the topics with a silver tongue, touching on topics such as the strangeness of the Kuat conflict, all the strife that came with it and the relief that was still required which, Loske interjected, was being handled this very moment. The lady tittered appropriately, disregarding the information and sharing the sentiment of aren't governments fickle, it's a shame to meet under such trying circumstances, yadda yadda. The Jedi kept involved, wary at best, given the accusations tying her to the Sith -- each string that the woman spoke was scrutinized before she nodded along.

Suddenly, the nape of her neck tingled like an invisible klaxon.

"Something's wrong." Loske interrupted, holding up a hand to put a pause in the drivel.

"Things seem to get so exciting when you Jedi show up." The raven-haired royal simpered. Loske didn't know what to make of the statement.

The Padawan's warning came a handful of seconds before a caterwaul pierced the peace of the estate. With an increased sense of alarm, the blonde quickened her pace and lead the charge as other people around The Lady took their time to react and sort themselves out. Skirt hemlines were raised to make way for quickly paced footing and they ascended the stairway from the fourth to the sixth floor behind the bounding Jedi who skidded to a stop, too late, at an open door where an unwanted breeze blew through. She hadn't been able to hear the rain outside until now.

Triangular shards poked out from the window's frame where the body, shattered on the ground below, had gone through. Loske leaned out in time to see silhouettes milling about the body. She pulled back into the room, exhaling heavily. Who was that down there? She should have been faster. The girl would lament on her lack of clairvoyance later. In the meantime, her hands traced the frame of the window near the bottom, where someone's knees would connect if there was any sort of force against them. If that didn't yield any fruits, she'd trace backward to a space where someone might kickstart a running jump for a suicide. There'd need to be a fair bit of blunt force to break through the glass and plummet down below.

Her fingertips pulled whatever story the sill was willing to give. A wonderful fiction of knees knocking, heels firmly planted. Fractals splintered her and there, and things were mostly obscure. All Loske could really make out were the calves and footwear. And the fact that whoever was on the ground had been pushed. And the assailant had immediately taken off.

There was still time to catch them.

With a start, Loske backed away from the sill - almost staggering back in surprise when the estate's mistress re-entered the scene, her cheeks flush with exertion from the jog it took to get here. Frank weeeruuup'd in surprise.

"What happened here!" Lady Elane gasped, paling at the unwanted answer before it came. She, and the guards around her, took long enough to arrivefor Loske to have an answer.

"Someone --" her eyes darted over those that travelled with the Lady, intentionally keeping her eyes below the thighs to see if there was a match in uniform. The skirts of the maidens matched. "Your -- one of your handmaidens, she was..pushed through this window."

"Who!?"
Elane made a noise of anguish and mourning. "Do you know who it was?"

"I--no, I don't. But whoever did it is on the run."
The blonde was about to push past the woman, when the ruler's hand snapped out and yanked on her wrist.

"Then you better stay here and protect me! That's your charge! You already..." she gestured flippantly, her bracelets clacking together "-ran off just now."

CORUSCANT, GRAND CONVOCATION CHAMBER
GARNER SUPPORT FOR CLAIM ON KUAT
PLATFORM WITH: Arage Bao Arage Bao
SPQR: Vonar Ardinn Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Ido Bastra Ido Bastra Shute Gunray Shute Gunray
JULIUS REX

The rebel tyrant listened cautiously as the senator of Balmorra issued her concerns with the situation as a whole, while also going on a personal note against Julius speculating over his background and actions. Indeed, there was some truth to it. The Kuati Conspiracy was a plot created by a number of co-conspirators with the aim of removing The Ten from power, Julius' primary motivation had not been the quest of power but that of vengeance. He was destined to live in the shadow of his sister, he never disputed that, no; the grip on his walking stick tightened and he recalled how that fateful day so long ago his course was set. His childhood and youth upbringing had all been focused on making a personal assassin for the House of Kuat, but on that day on his eighteenth birthday an accident left his right leg forever disabled and with a limp to carry for the rest of his life; the reason why he was no longer seen fit for the role ordained to him, exiled and humiliated.

His grip nearly crushed the stick but Julius clawed back away from the scarring memories. He had to persevere, sell his claim and, somehow, lead Kuat back to prosperity.

In contrast to Senators Chandra and Taszzn, the Senators of Caamas, Coruscant and Byss, while casting their doubts, did seem to be leaning more on to supporting Julius' cause; if this convocation was to go well, he would most likely be having to deal with...favors later on. He didn't interrupt neither of them as they spoke, senatorial etiquette and all. When the Senator of Balmorra brought the suggestion of election, Julius frowned.

He cleared his throat and spoke, "Honorable Senator Taszzn, honorable Senator Chandra, I understand your concerns." he lied politely. "Yet, it comes to my surprise that only now you seek elections on Kuat. Where was this diligent insistence on a change for Kuat before during the rule of the Ten when Kuat was plunged into a destructive course to instability and the first mentions of corruption resurfaced? Was that status quo, perhaps, in some way beneficial to you? I would not be shocked given the sycophant behavior of the Ten. The elections have passed, Senators. The voices of the people on the streets - these are the only form of elections viable in an aristocratic rule." he paused and glanced at Bao for a note of reassurance; time for populism 101. "Honorable Senators Gunray, Bastra and Ardinn - would you allow a foreign entity to dictate the dealings of your own planets?"

"I yield the floor, Honorable Chancellor."

Vonar Ardinn

V
f5Gi0pY.png

Location | Coruscant // Galactic City [ Senate Building // Grand Convocation Chamber]]
Objective | Help Legitimize the Lord-Regent's Claim
Focus | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Arage Bao Arage Bao | Ido Bastra Ido Bastra | Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Shute Gunray Shute Gunray | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn
Other Senators | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Maou Maou | Dash'iell Cosmos

The Statements of the Senators Taszzn and Chandra were strong. They had simply called Ardinn out for his statement on Loghain's Skill and Performance. However ironically , the Senator of Eclispe stated at how Dictatorships had no place here in the Galactic Alliance when essentially Dictators were already present within Alliance Space. Then the Balmorran Senator called for elections , in which were virtually non-existant on Kuat. Then Julius spoke addressing , the Lord-Imperator and the Senators of Caamas and Coruscant. Once he finished , the Lord-Imperator spoke once more.

"Since our Planet was conquered and forced into the joining the Galactic Alliance and adopting an ideology that we were never familiar with , my people would be hostile to anyone who would try to dictate the dealings on our Planet. And the same goes for Kuat what happens on Kuat should not concern us as long as there aren't any crimes against sentients or collaboration with the Sith going on. In addition to this Senator Chandra , i don't think Elections are needed and my opinion it's quite stupid to call for an Election on a Planet that has never seen once. Kuat has been ruled by the House of Kuat for centuries and there has rarely been an election on the planet. "

"When the former Kuat of Kuat was killed , murdered by the Brynadul did elections take place to choose the next leader , no simply a new leader was chosen. There is no need for elections when a planet is unfamiliar with it. You can not impose Democracy on a Planet that isn't ready for it like mine you have to let it adapt to it first before doing so , there is a reason my people choose to have an Elective Monarchy , to be able to retain some of their former Imperial values. With my statement i yield the floor"

f5Gi0pY.png

Objective: Moderate the Session
Tags: Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Arage Bao Arage Bao

Dash'iell Cosmos - Empress Teta
Vonar Ardinn - Byss
Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn - Eclipse
Ido Bastra Ido Bastra - Coruscant
Gat Tambor Gat Tambor - Skako
Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra - Balmorra
Maou Maou - Corellia
Shute Gunray Shute Gunray - Caamas
Br8YpBr.png
"Honourable Members, I must urge caution as we consider what actions we shall take," the Chancellor's voice interjects as the Senator of Byss concludes his statement. He rests his hands on the control panel infront of him; they were nearing a slippery slope "we have found ourselves in a precarious situation. We intervene with the developing crisis on Kuat because our aid has been requested, and because the well-being of the kuati is in jeopardy should this civil conflict continue unchecked. I shall remind the senate that it is this administration's intention to honour the values and traditions of our member systems, so long as they do not fundamentally undermine the basic rights and freedoms of sapient beings."

Emmen turns his head away from the microphone to let out a sigh. It would surprise no one, but galactic politics were a challenge. Since no single solution could be applied to every situation, the old Tepasi often felt like he was walking a tight-rope along the border of hypocrisy. Seeking benevolence or balance in such a turbulent region was no easy task.

"It is not the Galactic Alliance's place to force the people of Kuat to submit to democracy, but rather to ensure that their administration is serving their interests and those of our galactic community. We must pursue stability on Kuat, that much I'm sure we can all agree on. However, should it be possible, we must do our best to achieve this stability within the confines of their laws and traditions. It is only if the Senate lacks confidence in all options available that we should entertain such dramatic and potentially oppressive action."

The Chancellor lifts his right hand from the podium to gesture broadly toward the Lord-Regent's repulsorpod, "Both Lady Elane and Julius Loghain hold de jure claims to the planet of Kuat in accordance to their aristocratic customs. It should be noted that Kuat has traditionally seen matriarchal leadership, but there have been exceptions to this in its history. What we as representatives of the Galactic Alliance must consider is; which of these candidates will act in the best interests of their people? If we cannot come to a conclusion to that question with confidence, only then should we consider options that might overstretch our influence."

Vonar Ardinn

V
f5Gi0pY.png

Location | Coruscant // Galactic City [ Senate Building // Grand Convocation Chamber]]
Objective | Help Legitimize the Lord-Regent's Claim
Focus | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Arage Bao Arage Bao | Ido Bastra Ido Bastra | Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Shute Gunray Shute Gunray | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn
Other Senators | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Maou Maou | Dash'iell Cosmos

Upon the Chancellor's Statement , Vonar Ardinn nodded. Indeed he had spoke earlier about who could act in the best interests of their people and clearly even the Centrist Senators should understand that this question only had one answer and that answer was Julius Loghain. His Half-Sister had plunged Kuat into Chaos and nearly led her own planet in a Civil War. She was clearly unfit to rule and Loghain given his recent actions seemed to be the right man to replace her. Once the Chancellor ended , Vonar Ardinn once more moved forth to speak.

"Senators , Chancellor. I believe that Julius Loghain will act in the best interests of his people. Already he has saved his planet from potential civil war and has somewhat brought stability and already that fills out the requirements for what we are looking for. A Claimant whom can bring Stability and Prosperity to his planet acting for the greater good of his people and clearly Lady Elane of Kuat has failed to do that. She had led her planet to a dark path and only through Loghain's Coup was Kuat saved from destructive civil conflict. The answer to your question is clear and one-sided , Julius Loghain is the perfect candidate to preside over the Kuati People." the Lord Imperator stated. "I yield the floor."

Hopefully this was enough to convince the senators that supporting Elane of Kuat was a lost cause. Her return would plunge Kuat into further civil conflict and eventually civil war and that would mean the deaths of many civilians and military personnel completely. At the end if Loghain wasn't recognized as the Lord-Regent , the Alliance would regret their actions and would lose a vital shipyards to a civil conflict that they failed to prevent. Yet if this were to happen it would make some good publicity for the Populists. But for now the main focus would be to support Lord-Regent Loghain as a man like him had alot of potential in the Galactic Alliance compared to his Half-Sister.

Potentially Kyra Perl's Father
f5Gi0pY.png

// Senator of Caamas //
//
Senate Building // Galactic City // Coruscant //
//
Profit // Bring Peace to Kuat //
//
Focus // Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge | Vonar Ardinn | Ido Bastra Ido Bastra | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Arage Bao Arage Bao | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Dash'iell Cosmos | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | Maou Maou

Voice continued to fill the chamber, many senators approaching this matter with keen interest. Shute Gunray, the Second Pillar, considered the ideal path that would see Kuat's profit margins increase with the installation of one who could show use in the great galactic machine. Feeling such was one thing, but mentioning it to the masses? That would only provoke his colleagues, possibly even decreasing what standing he maintained among them. He reached up to wipe away small beads of sweat forming on his brow, the bright lights seeming to flare uncomfortably in the corners of his eyes. Shute Gunray motioned his assistant over and lowered his voice.
"Connect me to the Senator from Skako," Shute muttered before sitting up a tad straighter. Once the Gat Tambor, First Pillar of the Pillarmen, appeared before him in a holographic form, the neimoidian lowered his head in a respectful nod. "Gat Tambor, my friend, I believe the affairs of Kuat can prove rather.... profitable, to our many investments. This self-proclaimed Lord Regent is a man bristling with much discontent. I shall put forth my total support in his ability, rather than the former Kuat. A man of his skills can do far more than lead a broken people," he awaited whatever response the legendary skakoan had to offer before the holodevice deactivated. Shute stood up and stepped back up onto his elevated platform.
"Honorable senators, while normally I would agree with Senator Chandra's wise words, I believe this matter is one that must be decided on immediately. Kuat has seen nothing but chaos in recent years. With the failings of the former High Republic and Grayson Imperium seeing their own breed of anarchy, coupled with the continued presence of Blackwing infected gen'dai, I do not believe we can leave this up to the masses outright. If the planet is split between the Lord-Regent and the Kuat's claims to the throne, this can easily break down to something more than just a deposed Matriarch. A full-blown civil war can take on our border. If the accusations of Sith-Imperial influence are correct, what is stopping their funding from bleeding into Kuat's coffers? We, the Senate, have declared our support for the New Imperial Order. In doing so, we have declared war on Kaine Zambrano and his dynasty of inbred mongrels. It only takes one act of diabolical genius to stir the masses into a frenzy. Now is not the time for indecision or fear. We must put forth support to either the Lord-Regent or Kuat, to ensure our stability."
Shut Gunray paused in his cadence, scanning the room momentarily as he allowed his words to sink in.
"As such, Caamas stands behind Julius Loghain and his bid for control. If he can lead his people through such trying times, he will prove many times over the value he and Kuat can bring to our grand Alliance. If he fails in doing so, we can take much more direct measures and intercede into the affairs with our military. I understand the very idea spits into the face of democracy, but above all else, I believe we must value the lives of our people."
Once more, Shute took a step back. "Thank you, Chancellor," he bowed his head to those gathered and took a seat.

f5Gi0pY.png
// SENATOR OF CORUSCANT //
// GRAND CONVOCATION CHAMBER //
// CORPORATIST AGENDA: SUPPORT THE COUP //
// Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra / Arage Bao Arage Bao / Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge / Julius Loghain Julius Loghain / et al.

"It would be an overstep of our authority to attempt to enforce a democratic election on a society that has been largely aristocratic for centuries, perhaps even longer," the Senator responded to Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra with a small frown, not enthused about having to give her such a disappointing response. He stood slowly from his chair, his old knees creaking as he got to his feet. "I understand the Senator of Balmorra's reluctance to support a coup. It isn't a good look for any of us, but we're quickly approaching an impasse that we won't easily get out of."

"As stated by Chancellor Tagge, we must pursue stability on Kuat and ensure that their administration is serving the interests of our galactic community, and more importantly I'd hope, their people." The Senators repulsorpod detached from its dock and floated towards the center of the convocation chamber to seize the floor. His hands retreated behind his back as he drifted along with his platform across the chamber.

"No, Lord-Regent Loghain, I would not," the Senator responded, now floating eye level with Julius. Ido looked across the convocation chamber to the pods of the other corporatist politicians in attendance. "I agree with Senator Gunray. We must put the people of Kuat first and secure Kuat's place in this alliance. As such, Coruscant officially endorses Lord-Regent Julius Loghain as the Kuat of Kuat."

With a nod, Senator Bastra's repulsorpod began to float back to its dock. "I yield, Chancellor."

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
tumblr_oq2rhz9bTQ1r30atgo1_400.gifv
Objective: Consider the merits of the issue
Focus: Julius Loghain Julius Loghain l Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge l Arage Bao Arage Bao
Dash'iell Cosmos - Empress Teta
Vonar Ardinn - Byss
Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn - Eclipse
Ido Bastra Ido Bastra - Coruscant
Gat Tambor Gat Tambor - Skako
Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra - Balmorra
Maou Maou - Corellia
kwzlsmL.png
'​
Adhira's dark brown eyes had anger enough for every sad sorry populist who spoke out in favor of replacing a tyrant with a tyrant, but she had a special contempt for Ido Bastra Ido Bastra who, until now, she thought had at least a shred of integrity left amongst them. The camera droids circle overhead as her pod continued to hover out in the middle of the rotunda. Even Emmen had shied away from supporting democracy. It was an unfortunate development, but not one she could not use to her advantage.​
"For centuries the galaxy has looked to the Galactic Senate for guidance" her booming voice cut across the chatter of other senators, "we have long been the defenders of peace and democracy... until now, apparently." Her withering gaze fell on the Chancellor.​
"If we support this man's illegitimate claim to the throne of Kuat, we say to the rest of the galaxy that the republic we espouse to love is nothing more than a trifle to be toyed with. Come one, come all to the warlords of the galaxy, destroy your rivals and trample your countrymen, and you shall find shelter within the alliance," she opened her arms wide in dramatic fashion as her pod circled the Chancellor's podium, "we shall install you as the unquestioned despot of your planet and call it a policy of non-interference."
"Yes, come, warlords, for we are no better than the Sith Empire who we supposedly oppose."
"I see no reason to continue this debate when such cowards walk among us. Today, the threat of violent coups exist on Kuat, but our actions today may make those threats a reality for this republic as well. So, decide as you must, Senators. Chancellor, I move for an immediate vote on the question." Slowly her pod returned to its place. Clearly she had finished defending against the indefensible and was ready to vote along the lines that had been drawn for her.​

Last edited:
Tags: Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge | Dash'iell Cosmos | Vonar Ardinn | Ido Bastra Ido Bastra | Gat Tambor Gat Tambor | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Maou Maou | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain

Continued to look discontent with the way things were turning out. Once the additional speeches were made, Senator Taszzn, remained unconvinced "How dare he." the Fillithar hissed at the coup leader's allegation that perhaps Senator Chandra and himself had ulterior motives to their calls for an election "Senator, will we still hold our vote as before?" the assistant on his left asked to which Sssar nodded with a heavy head "Yesss. Dessspite my... ressservationsss about thisss ssso-called leader of the people, thisss affair concernsss usss little." Sssar looked to his male assistant and the assistant quickly turned on the Senator's broadcast microphone "The delegation from Eclipssse sssecondsss the motion of the Ssssenator from Balmorra." then the microphone was shut off. That was all he felt he needed to say.

if they're watching anyways
340_cb20150423231845_3.png

K U A T
Tag: Ye Hyonu Ye Hyonu

She'd do?

Ah... now she saw it. He was nervous, maybe? Or just... awkward? Master Quill was the same. All she needed to do was be welcoming and kind, as always. Auteme gave an encouraging smile and turned her gaze to the tablet, quickly signing the waiver that had been loaded up with the stylus that was attached to the side. Of course she preferred paper notes, but she had to admit the tablet was quite intuitive.

With another swipe of the stylus she switched to Dr. Ye's notes, giving a quick read of the summary. She'd read the rest later -- when she had her own notebook open and she could copy anything new down for reference in her paper. "It's... well, it's fascinating. Do we know if this strain was manipulated in a lab? Or did it mutate from the original?"

The doctor's reassurances were... unnecessary, but welcome enough. Auteme let out a short laugh. "Well, I'm not too afraid. I mean, it's not like it's airborne," she said, hoping that was still true and would continue to be true for a long time. With everything outside handled, she started towards the entrance, but allowed the doctor to lead if he wanted.

"So this strain targets Gen'Dai. Has it infected any other species?" Of course, they'd still wear protective gear in case they might become carriers, and for safety, but... well, Auteme wasn't worried about getting infected. "It's probably important that we vaccinate the uninfected Gen'Dai... we could take a look at their genetic makeup, see how the virus has bonded to the host, then treat it by genetic editing." She'd basically done the same thing on herself, but it wouldn't work on the Gen'Dai without a prior immune subject or a fair amount of research and testing.

An urgent message sent to the office of Senator Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra :

Senator Chandra,

I write this message in order to voice my concerns, and to offer my testimony as a witness to the events on Kuat last year.

During the discussions between what was then known as the Grayson Imperium (part of the present Galactic Alliance) and the ruling house of Kuat, I observed firsthand the behavior of Lady Elane. She left in the middle of the meeting, accompanied by a notorious banker by the name of Dorian Harper. While the two were engaged in a tryst, the Bryn’adul attacked, and Mr. Harper spirited Lady Elane away to safety.

My observations of Mr. Harper have led me to conclude that he is not as he seems, though I cannot say for certain how far the rabbit hole goes. I can only attest to the unusual convenience of the circumstances whereby he seduced the Lady Elane, separated her from the rest of the proceedings, and thereby saved her from death during a most brutal attack on the Kuati nobility, one that resulted in the slaying of her predecessor, Lord Javrin.

I cannot in good conscience remain silent on this matter. Therefore I beseech you to take the information I have given you into account when you cast your vote. It may be that Lady Elane is innocent and was strung along unknowingly, but even then I fear she has already been made into a pawn of more sinister forces.

May the Force be with you,
Jedi Master Casimir Heliobas

Emmen Tagge Emmen Tagge Dash'iell Cosmos Vonar Ardinn Ido Bastra Ido Bastra Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Maou Maou Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom