Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerning Multiple Writer Accounts

Staff have noticed a concerning trend the past week or two - people are making multiple writer accounts. By multiple writer accounts I don't mean two; I mean four, five, and even six. While we understand that new writers may not realize you can make character subaccounts, many of these new writer accounts have characters made on them already. This tells us that these members are aware of the subaccount feature and are choosing not to use it for one reason or another.

That being said, I'd like to give a few reminders:

1. You can make infinite character subaccounts. We've multiple writers here with upwards of 50 characters and they've no problems with it.

2. We do have rules related to this situation, although not specific to it. They're located under General Rules and are as follows:

• You will not impersonate another writer.
  • Do not use "alt-padding". This is defined by using additional character or writer accounts under one person's control to support the opinion of the first account in any manner in any out-of-character discussion.

Because of this, we're going to be cracking down on users making multiple writer accounts. One is more than enough given your ability to make infinite characters. If you do have multiple writer accounts, it is heavily suggested that you merge them here:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/1385-character-deletionmerge-request/

Also, as something of a side note, the New Members forum is for New Members, not New Characters. It's easier to help out the actual new members and prevent them from being passed over if we don't have to sort through a host of long-time members posting with their new characters.

Staff's debating putting out a new rule on this. I'd treat this as "No member may have more than one Writer account at any given time."

This policy will not affect members who post from the same household/IP, but we will investigate and require justification. If we feel like we're being duped, because you just goooootta have that extra writer account to pretend like you're somebody you're not, I'll be there when you're banned.

Don't let the whole "lets play pretend" aspect of the website get to your heads, people that this announcement is applicable to.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
also

2442831-6051553156-6N2Fa.gif

For my endless list of sub accounts.

If I can do this all 80 something characters on one writer account, you can too.

Vincent Jusik said:
Guilty of this, mostly out of habit from the old Yuku days.

I think I have two? Unsure. Though I'm not the only person who's Rp'd on here using this IP.
Just PM us in the future, but I'll make sure this is handled. PM me the writer account you wish to keep. The rest will be merged.

Vincent Jusik said:
I think I have two?
See, people like you? Who come forward and have relatively understandable issues and easy fixes? We like you guys. You're not the problem.

The problem is the people who are creating six or seven writer accounts, each with their own character subaccounts, and waltzing around the welcoming area like they're new members. It is a persistent problem. It's happened a lot, and it's beginning to irritate.

But you? You're cool. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom