Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Common Justice Be Done (PM for Invite)

Eralam glared at the assembled organics in front of him. They were kicking up an awful ruckus; the viewing gallery was practically a circus. He didn't have a proper gavel, so he slammed the butt of his revolver against the podium.

"Will you shut the hell up for a second?" he bellowed, his electronic voice battering the eardrums of all present. The cacophony died almost immediately.

"Thank you."

That handled, he turned towards the defendant.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude, but we're not in position to reschedule this shindig. We're all here to see justice done, but we can't do that if you get rescued, kidnapped, or killed, all of which are on the table if your Intelligence Ministry is correct. And since all three amount to more or less the same thing, we'd need a séance to finish the trial. Either that or a necromancer, and I'm pretty sure that would violate your civil rights. It sucks, but your defense was given the trial start time, same as everyone else."

The Shard consulted a chrono on the podium.

"It's 0900 now. You've got til 1300 to figure out what you're doing. That's not a whole lot of time, but it's as much as we can afford to spare right now. And frankly, if there's a defense attorney in the system who's not salivating at the prospect of taking your case, I'll eat my podium. Sort 'em out by who can come up with the best stalling tactic if it makes you happy. Or use your wife. Up to you. We'll take your plea again once we're back in session. Anyway..."

He bashed the butt of the revolver against the podium again.

"Court is in recess until 1300. Smoke 'em if you got 'em."

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

'You will do no such thing...'
His words would carry across the commotion between the people and the judge Eralam to his wife [member="Lady Kay"], the practice of Telepathy that they had been so deprived of, this time shadowed by demand and intent rather than the kindness in a request; he would be damned if his wife were to sully her name any further by standing publicly in support of a man who had, in their eyes, betrayed her, her people and all that their government stood for. Behind his instructions, through their bond in the force she would come to witness the darkness that swelled within him, the power that still remained within his grasp and by his very presence she too would understand that Veiere felt no sense of threat nor intimidation from the public eye nor these preceding's. He was ever present in the moment, his mind focused on what lay in store ahead of him, though there too seemed to be no guilt weighing him down, a clear telling sign to his wife that he did not regret his actions no matter how much they had saddened her by result, his actions were not to be excused for that would undermine his reasons for having committed to them.

"Will you shut the hell up for a second?" [member="Eralam"] called out to the crowded room for which Veiere could relate in appreciation, this whole thing was quickly becoming a circus act and his patience for being strung out on display for the judging eyes of all the Galaxy to look at and cast their opinions against, was quickly suffering his intolerance. Had he known that the mere glance to his side would cause such a ripple within his surrounding environment, he might have refrained, though it too was interesting to note just how much influence he still had upon the majority, most of whom he did not even know.

The Judges frustration was apparent and he even commented on the likelihood that someone might seek to intervene in Veiere's custody, a curious moment that caused the corner of his mouth to curl in partial smirk though he soon shook his head to offer his doubts of such a thing before turning to look back towards that of [member="Darlyn Excron"] whom had spoken up first. Nodding to the Minister of Justice, it only seemed reasonable that Darlyn, someone Veiere knew to be reliable though questionable in his methods, would otherwise uphold the law of Commenor and at the end of the day stay true to his Queen and Veiere's wife both in loyalty as a member of government but too her friend.

Between his entourage, both the couple representatives from The Order of Commenor as well as the pair who had been reassigned from the 191st CloneTrooper Infantry, Veiere had been responsible for overseeing their services and loyalty's to the Systems Alliance. Interesting to note that without him, neither one of the two larger militaristic bodies of the government would exist at all. Glancing them over briefly, he couldn't help but find it ironic that they would be standing watch over him; he had half the mind to tempt his fate by instructing them against their own people yet any attempt of a coup, no matter how much it might weigh in his favor, would otherwise cripple the CSA and from the outside bring attention to their collapsing military strength, over all looking as though they might be vulnerable and with that came the fear that anything that he might attempt in his own escape, would bring further war down upon the Systems Alliance for which in his mind he had never committed treason against.

After all, it was specifically The Jedi Order that he had targeted.
[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Eralam"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Her gaze returned to [member="Veiere Arenais"] as soon as she heard his voice in her head. It was as loud as thunder and carried as much force behind it, causing her to slowly sit back down. He wasn't asking her to not help defend him. No, he was -ordering- her not to. And if she defied him, what then? Already their marriage fell short of normal. If it was her reputation that he was worried about, then the last thing that she had wanted was to give him cause to consider that a divorce was a good idea. ~Veiere...I just want to be of some kind of help to you. It isn't right for you to be alone...But if you don't want me to be a part of this, then I will respect your wishes.~ Of course she had planned to talk to [member="Eralam"] before punishment was given. Afterall, she could veto it, but that had the potential of showing the entire populace that the trial was a sham, and she couldn't have that.

Eralam hit the gavel calling for a recess. Now what? She couldn't very well stay there. She'd be swamped by people wanting her to answer questions. Kay looked to [member="Loreena Arenais"] and [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] , noting her daughter's closeness that she appeared to show to him. That was good. It meant that she had trusted him, which gave Kay a small sense of relief. That meant that something was going right.

Was anybody leaving right now? She wasn't sure. At least Kay had a place to go to. Her office. It was as good of a place as any, and quiet too.

But for now though, she remained where she was, folding her hands on her lap, her body stiff as she remained seated. Why couldn't she wake up from this nightmare? How thrilled she would have been to find this was all a bad dream and that she was safely in bed with Veiere snoring quietly beside her? But no. That was all just wishful thinking. Instead she just felt as though she was losing everything.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex sat through the whole first part of the trial. Nothing much happened then a recess was called for. He reached into the force, he could feel [member="Lady Kay"] pain. He couldn't do anything to help. Or could he. He was loyal man and he didn't want to see Kay or others among the CSA suffer for no good reason. So he did the only thing he could think of he approached [member="Eralam"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"]. "If you will allow me judge I will be the defendant for this man. There are good people in pain, I wish to levitate it by defend Veiere, I have no connection with him and I know what he did." He waited to hear either one of them say no to him or something else.

[member="Cassius Droma"], [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"], [member="Loreena Arenais"], [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

A soft exhale. Well, that went better than expected. Well, since by his job he was forced into prosecution, this deal was making him frustrated, but at least [member="Eralam"] was doing a good job of being a genuinely neutral judge. That at least meant he could expect the law to be held well enough. He ran a hand through his red hair, as he turned to his 'partner' in prosecution. "Get to work. Find him an attorney or find a new job, understood?" The man gave a hurried nod and ran off. If nothing else, he could expect a public defender to come out, that much was certain. It was then that he noticed Rex, and heard rather clearly what he said. So, he shook his head and walked over to the Chiss. "You will do no such thing. I highly doubt you have passed a bar exam or know how to argue well enough your case. This isn't a game, I know exactly what kind of man Veiere is. He's already made a decision what he's going to do and no one is going to change his mind. So if you were his defending attorney you would be expected to make every argument you could to mitigate his punishment. And considering the charges you would have a hard time doing it. Veiere deserves the best we can get him now, and I highly doubt you qualify."

His voice was low enough that Rex and the others closest to him would be able to hear but not the greater public. Perhaps the trial was already wearing the darksider down. In either case, he didn't look at Veiere, lest he seem to be intimidating the defendant and returned to his place, reaching into his pocket and withdrawing a flask. Since he was in court, the flask was filled with water rather than whiskey, as it usually was, but it provided some catharsis even so.

Eventually the prosecutor partner returned and spoke in hushed whispers to him. They couldn't find, yet, anyone private willing to speak for Veiere, his already proclaimed guilt wasn't good for their pockets (seeing as he'd likely just admit it again) but they did find at least one public defender willing to take it up. The paperwork was being reviewed now since they had time. Hopefully someone else would show up, lest Darlyn have to deal with harming the esteem of one of the public defenders, overworked as they were already.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

"[member="Darlyn Excron"] can stand for me".

Veiere spoke up, sparing a glance briefly to [member="Rex Taff"] a moment. His offer was appreciated, yet too completely unexpected as the pair did not know each other in the least, nor would Veiere trust a stranger with his representation in such a situation; frankly, he'd sooner represent himself...-His brows furrowed a moment in consideration and he soon turned back to look towards his Judge, [member="Eralam"] for whom the fallen Master questioned most amicably.

"Though if it would move things along and the Minister of Justice here over the Commenor Systems Alliance is not a worthy advocate for my defense, then I would request to represent myself in this affair. Darlyn knows me well, he is not a biased man yet I could understand were you to decline...-Let's just get this damn thing over with shall we".

Patience was not Veiere's strong suit in the given moment, he had just come out of a cell for which the passed months had dragged on slowly; ever wondering where he would end up. Now that they were on the cusp of answers, to be forced to sit idly by any longer was just frustrating.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Eralam"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

Kay-Larr

Kay had thought it admirable that [member="Rex Taff"] had wanted to represent her husband. But she wasn't so sure that he had any experience at all inside of a court, let alone one one of such a high profile.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] offered his services towards that end and if [member="Eralam"] was looking, he'd notice that Kay was nodding in agreement with that choice. Even [member="Veiere Arenais"] was keen on the idea of Darlyn helping him. Actually he was keen on was for the trial to hurry up. Maybe he didn't even want a recess.

Her eyes fell on Eralam now. As it was his decision on how they were all to proceed.

It wasn't technically accurate to refer to Eralam as stubborn. Stubbornness was a purely organic quality, in his considered opinion. For beings as fickle and prone to changing their minds as the average organic lifeform, the ability to dig one's heels in was an aberration. For a Shard, it was simply a state of being. So, when he said 1300, he bloody well meant 1300.

Now, though, court was back in session. [member="Veiere Arenais"] had selected his defense attorney (truly, the Iron Knight wouldn't have cared one way or another), and everyone was seated.

A light haze filled the makeshift courtroom. Rather than retreating to the antechamber, Eralam had stayed right the hell on the podium, and had spent the better part of the morning fumigating it with tobacco smoke. An ashtray had been procured from somewhere; judging by its generous proportions and fine crystalline construction, it had belonged to a senator with a thing for cigars. Now, despite its mammoth size, it was nearly overflowing with the sweet-smelling ash from bowl after bowl of pipe tobacco.

The bailiff looked amused, but much of the press corps was scowling and trying not to cough.

"Since I'm already here, we can skip the 'all rise' crap. Master Arenais, before we begin, I'd like to note that your previous plea has been struck from the record. I shan't consider it in any way, shape, or form. I'm about to ask again, and I want you to consider your next words carefully. There won't be any more second chances. Now. How do you plead?"

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Rex Taff"] |

[member="Darlyn Excron"]'s agreement to represent the former king soon followed the Minister of Justice joining Veiere Arenais and standing alongside him ahead of the crowded hall, those of the Order of Commenori Knights allowing for the younger man to step passed them and come to a halt on the right side of the accused, Veiere of whom turned to offer Darlyn a sparing glance with a peculiar smile; "So nice of you to join us in the spotlight my young friend" sarcasm not so subtle in the former Kings welcome, though his half grin gave enough to evidence Veiere's amusement all the same.

"...-Master Arenais, before we begin, I'd like to note that your previous plea has been struck from the record. I shan't consider it in any way, shape, or form. I'm about to ask again, and I want you to consider your next words carefully. There won't be any more second chances. Now. How do you plead?" [member="Eralam"] spoke directly to the accused, offering Veiere a second chance to surmise his guilt or otherwise and curiously dismissing his former admittance of guilt. It was with this act of generosity that Darlyn Excron would lean in and whisper to Veiere, advising the former king of the consequences and the likely punishments that were on the table for what acts he had committed against the Jedi of Deneba.

"I'm not normally one to beg, I'm afraid..." Veiere responded with that same edge of sarcasm, though his humor a littler drier than what he had offered to Darlyn in their exchange; "Plead seem's a strong term...-Alas, I'm being advised to shift my stance. I dispute these claims of treason against the Systems Alliance, for not one of the CSA came under attack during any such actions of my own. Not Guilty, your eminence...".

Darlyn Excron has consented for the above actions/intentions of his character.

Lori watched the proceedings with mild confusion, but she was at a loss as well. Here was her Dad, on trial for horrible crimes, yet still he seemed to have the support of so many here. Maybe Cae was too quick to judge him. Surely not everyone could be duped, could they?

And what was going to happen to him after it was over? Was he going to be locked away from her forever? Lori had so much that she wanted to show him. She wanted to make him proud, wanted him to tell her so and to give her big hugs like he used to.

But he wasn't the same kind of man that he was. There seemed to almost be a shadow hanging over him. She could easily see him breaking his cuffs and blasting everyone away from him with the Force before escaping. Yet he was doing neither of those things. What was holding him back? What was he waiting for?

Lori leaned against [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] . She was getting a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach and it didn't want to go away. Concern was written all over her face. Maybe Cae felt it earlier and that was why he didn't come today. He was always more connected than she was.

Maybe she shouldn't of insisted on going in the first place. It was a situation for grown-ups. Not their kids.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Eralam"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

"I'm sorry sir, court is already in session and we are not authorized to allow you to enter." The security official stated, taking Adron's papers into his hand, examining them a bit before handing them back to the Advisor. "You will have to wait until the next intermission sir."

"I think you can let me in, right? After all, It's very important I see this trial." The Force was like a conductor, taking the words that Adron spoke and multiplying them until a suggestion became a command to the guard's thoughts. As his eyes glazed over, a hand moving to the panel near the door, the security official spoke in hypnotic manner. "I think I can let you in, after all it's very important you see this trial, sir."

"Glad you saw it my way." Adron muttered, passing the man as he made his way into the hall. He could sense the guard's confusion as he made his way into the hall. The brief opening and closing of the door was likely to cause some notice, yet not enough to disturb the trial. Rather than approach, Adron stood near the back, crossing his arms as he looked down to the display below. Now, this will be rather interesting.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] @Eralam@Lady Kay

S1Sqzvc.gif
Admiral of the Dark Jedi Order.
Today would be most difficult...

The Admiral stood dressed in his most prominent attire, adorning the many badges he had earned over the years through his service to the Commenor Systems Alliance under the direct leadership of their King and Queen, [member=Veiere Arenais] and [member="Lady Kay"]. The Bridge of the Raider Class Assault Cruiser busied with the expectation of ware-fare they were quite likely to drop out of hyperspace into, though the crew were not of Commenor alike the elder male whom stood fixated on the thousands of stars fiercely racing them by as the channel of light-speed drove them ever closer towards his homeworld. Never in his life had he dreamed of doing what bizarre turn of events led him towards now. The Assault Cruiser he reigned command over, but one of ten others having been pulled from the Orbit of Rannon in order to come to the aid and rescue of the fallen king and today, the leading member of the The Dark Jedi Order.

Vikras understood Veiere Arenais better than most, he knew that the Devil of Deneba hadn't truly wanted the people of Commenor to suffer from his actions and yet in return for his miscalculations, the former King would suffer the judgments of his people where the Dark Jedi for whom remained loyal to him sought to intervene. The fair Lady Kay remained Vikras' Queen, she whom would always have his respect, however this was a time where politics would come between them and as he had been cast out of the Navy for his close friendship with Veiere, Vikras had been pushed to one side, fighting for what little he still held on to in terms of duty, of honor and privileged in his rank and continued service as Grand Admiral of the Rannon Fleet.

"Report?" Vikras spoke up in question to his second, the younger Officer stepping up alongside the Admiral and speaking in a tone for which only they two would hear. "Any further word from Lord Prazutis?..." Vikras turned to spare his second in command a careful glance. Those others aboard the bridge had been witheld from the knowing that they were working alongside a member of the Sith in order to ensure their Dark Master's return to Rannon; [member="Darth Prazutis"] of whom no doubt had his own reasons for agreeing to assist them.

"None Sir, Comm's have fallen silent. The Fleet is ready to engage any resistance as soon as we arrive in orbit of Commenor; all fighters will provide overwatch for the initial invasion party, then pair off and target key points across Chasin City as instructed...." There was no reluctance in the younger mans voice, no hint of remorse where Vikras otherwise felt a great deal of guilty knowing just what kind of turmoil he were about to inflict on his own people...-Or rather, what had once been his people.

"Very Well. Proceed...".

9RvTSSH.png
4knJ7yM.jpg
From the surface of Commenor, those within the streets of the Capital, Chasin City would hear the low impact popping sound of ten vessels snapping into orbit above. These great vessels the size of Star Destroyers, assault frigates and Cruisers built and bred for War by one of the Systems Alliance's very own manufacturing industry orbiting Yutan. Their was no warning, no message sent out across political channels nor did these vessels hold any known sigil or reference to other governing bodies of political power; they came without a moments pause and immediately began to hail any starship or installation within range of their weapons. Flashes of green and red turbo laser fire exploding above the skies of the peaceful world of trade, the likes of a fireworks display from the ground though within Orbit, the sundering of metal and the loss of lives would be felt like a great tremor in the Force as the Dark Jedi Fleet pushed through.

The first of the Fighters to leave their hangars were the ETA-4 Dark Jedi Interceptor's each manned by trained force users from the Temple of Rannon. Members of the Order who were skilled in the practice of the Force and most specifically the Dark Side would be most evident to any Jedi or Lightsider they might be met with, a cloud of darkness and intimidation coming with the fleet to seemingly swallow the sector for which honed in on the heart of the Systems alliance.

Following the Interceptors however, the Wasp Class- SS Starfighter Squadrons however were manned with typical soldiers and pilots trained in naval combat. Each moving to support their dark Jedi leaders as the smaller craft all sought to dive down through the chaos of flak and exploding metal, ignoring the far larger ships with the sole purpose of reaching the capital where they might reign fire down upon the City...

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Eralam"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] | [member="Adron Malvern"]

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/11133-csx-001-jackal-interceptor/?hl=jackal ship that will be used

God killer ships
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/58900-ay-92-aquila-starfighter/?hl=aquila

She was running terribly late, she was to be in attendance to the trial of her...friend. she stood aboard her freighter the imahalyans light, she looked out the view port of her freighter and closed her eyes sighing. She was dressed in her robes for once, had to make a good appearance for the crowd right? She watched as real space came to and suddenly...she was greeted by a feeling she knew all to well and a sight that made her blood boil

Star destroyers attacking, anything and everything. The crew went silent as they looked to their queen who's anger began to boil over to the point she had slowed her breath

maam... the ships targeting us!

A explosion rocked across the freighter, shielding taking the brunt of the damage, she stood straight and quickly turned quickly as the man gave another report

maam we've detected fighters...their not heading for us...their heading for the capital!

get as far as you can, I'm heading down, you two with me

She spoke to her god killers, two she had fought with and were fiercely loyal to their queen and comrade. They fell in beside her as she started for the small hangar that housed her ship along with theirs. She threw her robe off revealing her armor as she climbed into the fighter, she sat down and gave a smile as she put her helmet on. The god killers followed suit as her ship lifted up then out soon flanked by the god killers. She checked over her weapons and nodded as she started pushing fullest she could go

keep apart, no doubt they have flak, but they aren't our worry we must intercept those fighters immediately...

She adjusted in her seat, this was about to be the gauntlet of hell, however she had no doubt that they could make it to the surface. She pushed her thrusters to full and started a rush towards the fighters

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Adron Malvern"]

Kay-Larr

Kay watched the proceedings, frustrated at not being allowed to say or do anything to interfere, yet glad to be there at all. This had to have been one of her worst days, yet it had to be done. [member="Veiere Arenais"] himself had agreed, otherwise he wouldn't of even been there. The former Jedi and former King was fully capable of escaping them, and yet he remained for her, remained to save the political image the government that they forged together.

Politics wasn't a fun game. It can be deadly.

At least [member="Darlyn Excron"] had stepped up, choosing to help Veiere despite how the general public might view it. [member="Eralam"] seemed to agree, graciously allowing Veiere an opportunity to change his plea.

Kay was very thankful that he did.

Her eyes dropped to [member="Loreena Arenais"] and [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] then, feeling that same sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. Something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

Kay looked to [member="Adron Malvern"] as he walked in then, just as her commlink started going off. She picked it up and listened in. ~M'Lady! Get to safety! We're under attack! Unmarked vessels are firing at our defences! Get to safety!~ Her eyes shifted to her husband then as she responded to her commlink. ~Understood. Get General Santiago to mobilize on the ground.~ Kay slowly lowered her commlink, her mind reaching Veiere's as she looked for some sort of sign that he was behind this. Or those of his Order.

Now she was in quite the pickle. Let Veiere go or secure him? What would be worse for their people? Kay clenched her jaw as she got to her feet. "Everyone get to tunnels! Enemy vessels are fighting in orbit! Get down to safety before they make landfall! GO!!" She remained in her spot, just staring at Veiere while panic began to take over the courtroom, a clear expression of 'why' written on her face.

[member="Rex Taff"] [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"]

​At the back of the hall, Adron heard a soft beeping erupting from his datapad. Glancing down at it he arched brow, it was an emergency frequency linked to his Sentinels. That couldn't be good.

​The moment Kay spoke up, Adron realized that was going on. Time was running out. His eyes locked on Veiere, realizing this could be some sort of ill-thought out attempt to free the man. "You have got to be kidding me." He muttered, before his hands fell to the commlink on his waist. Putting the device in his ear, he activated it, patching him through to the frequency he shared with the detachment of Commenori Sentinels. "All units, report to my position, immediately." Deactivating the comm unit, Adron took his lightsaber into his hands, making his way down the crowded stairwell.

​He had two duties, to be sure that Kay was not harmed, as well as make sure Veiere did not escape. "Idiot. This isn't how this is supposed to go."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Everything went to hell real quick with [member="Veiere Arenais"] involved didn't it? Darlyn felt the deaths well before the confirmation of the attack. Being who he was, he had become well attuned to the darkside, and could feel it spiking as the bolts were loosed well above them. Death and darkness had come, and it didn't take a genius to understand for what purpose. Darlyn went through the motions of listening to the confirmation, and gave his own acknowledgements. It was too obvious, all they really had to do was wait a day and this would be over neatly. He sighed and reached into his robes, wrapping his fingers around the handle of blaster pistol, an old DL-18 as always, and pulled it free. Safety off, game on.

With his own comlink on he broadcasted his orders with a cold detachment. "Guardsmen please direct the city into the bunkers posthaste. Children take priority at all times. Officers are to assist the military where they can but are not to get between them and their own tasks. Make sure my cruiser is ready at the front of the courthouse as well." They had a target. Darlyn would use that to protect his adoptive people at any cost. He turned to face the approaching [member="Adron Malvern"], stepping between him and Veiere. "Advisor Malvern, I am taking charge of the situation. You should help the evacuation while I tend to my own duties." Darlyn was a Dark Jedi Order member, he may not have been 'let in' on this, but he suspected quite honestly that this was an ill advised decision to try and free Veiere. Further, Darlyn knew the DJO's membership. No risks could be taken here.

Just in case as well, Darlyn's lightsaber was also retrieved from his robes, in case Adron chose to argue, or showed his true colors as it were. "Veiere, would you kindly follow me to my cruiser? It's been so long since we had a guy's night out after all. Somewhere well and away from the hustle and bustle of the city." A joke but it made his point clear. He intended to take Veiere well and away from the city, hoping to draw the invading force's attention away from the population center before they started doing something that would cost innocent lives.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

- Before Uncommon Ending and Bounties -
The doors to the room that served as the court house within the Senate Hall flew open - the woman standing silently as she stepped forward, the group of Knights pouring in behind her as her golden hues fell upon [member="Lady Kay"] - then her attention shifted to [member="Veiere Arenais"].
"Knights, secure the Defendant!"
Amelia stepped forward, the knights marching in behind her and pushing their way towards the defendant before she stood there. Looking to [member="Adron Malvern"] and [member="Darlyn Excron"] before she spoke once more, her golden hues peering to them as she motioned to the Knights on her right. They quickly leveled their thermite rifles at the defendant and the two individuals brandishing lightsabers. Her own hand was lightly resting upon the lightsaber at her hip, a quick motion of her head sending the other guards on her left to level their rifles at the two.
"Both of you will stand down now - neither of you have jurisdiction in this matter. Minister of Justice Excron, your duty should be seeing to the Queen. Who ever the hell you are, stand down now - you have no legal authority in this matter. IF you are here to help, see to the civilians."
Her attention returned to the Veiere before she brought her hand up, a holographic projector in her hand as she spoke.
"If you would, kindly come with us until this situation is rectified."
With a firm press of the button, the image of a Knight appeared, a quick salute as she spoke.
"Knight-Commander, deploy the 3rd and 53rd Line Legions into the city - they are to aid in the evacuation and protection of the civilian populace. Keep the 153rd and 177th Mechanized Infantry Legions on standby - they are to intercept any enemy ground forces moving into the city."
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"]​

The Force guided her more often than not these days and she followed its flow. It had drifted her over time from one end of the spectrum to the other until now where she on a course in the middle. Neither fully light or dark, but balanced. A young woman now and not an innocent, bright eyed teen that first set foot on Commenor years ago. Jairdain had found a place among these people and a role as the advisor to the Crown Prince.

In her position as advisor, he had come to her asking for help. They had gone off to bring about a change within each of them and once he had developed as much as she could train, she sent him for further training. That would be for the more physical aspects of using the Force and combat training. He had been torn down in many aspects and reformed into the man meant to rule.

That change had come about and they had returned to Commenor to the surprise and shock of more than just Lady Kay. While only a few knew of their return, Jairdain had retained her position and moved back into the palace.

Now with everything that had happened in their absence, when the trial of Veiere came up, she had to be there. Not only did she feel she needed to be there, the Force guided her. Following that flow had lead her into the building. Any beauty that might be here was lost on her, but that wasn't the reason for her visit. Somehow she didn't feel the trial was either. She just knew she needed to be present.

As things progressed, she felt why. She might be considered close to the royal family, she was not high in chain of command so did not join them where they were gathered. Instead, she sat by herself and observed as much of the proceedings as she could. The sneaking suspicion came on her that something was going to happen. Within moments, chaos broke loose and people started scrambling around and evacuating the building. However, Jairdain faded away in the shadows, unseen and unnoticed...

The Dark Jedi above were attempting to sway and manipulate those below. This is why she had been called here. To fight the waves of despair, darkness, fear and intimidation they sent to the planet below. Jairdain was a master in this sort of thing and hoped she had the ability to match that of the combined strength of those above.

She moved silently and out of sight of others to a quiet location to perform her task. Sitting down, Jairdain would easily slip into a meditative state and focus on her allies. Giving them hope, strength and cohesion. Her Battle Meditation should be felt by most both on Commenor and in space. While she was but a single master, this is what she trained for. Allies and enemies alike would be touched by her ability unless they had a defense against such mental skills.

A soothing and calming sensation would flow out from her to those that were in a panic, the troops would start working together better and their fighting skills would be more keen. Their enemies would feel a loss of control, maybe even some of that same despair they were projecting. The worst that would happen is one of them would decide to attempt to combat her and distract her from her objective.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
[member="Darlyn Excron"] told him that they would find someone to present [member="Veiere Arenais"]. Rex could accept that he went to a sit near [member="Lady Kay"] for the rest of the session. He didn't say anything to her. As [member="Eralam"] had the proceedings continue since Darlyn had become Veiere's Defence. And thus Veiere's changed his statement to not guilty. That would make Kay feel better at least.

[member="Adron Malvern"] just walked in when everything suddenly went to hell. "Sir DJO is attacking the planet." Crap Rex thought. "Activate the magna droids and have most of them escort civilians to the underground bunkers then send two to me." He would need them before the day was out. As the ministers began arguing of jurisdiction.He sighed before say to the general audience. "Come on to the underground passages go." He would look at [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] and [member="Loreena Arenais"] "Both of you as well. Hurry."

He then turned to Lady Kay as his droids appeared "My Lady we need to get you underground, your subjects will need your guidance in the years to come." Then turning the droids, "help get the civilians to safety once that is done come back to me." He would then feel a calming aura. "Someone is using battle mediation. Droids just look after the civilians then report to Lady Kay." As they headed off "My Lady I need to need to help the battle mediator. I will remain here and assist." He then goes and sits down in the judges office knowing he won't be found easily. He then adds his own battle meditation to [member="Jairdain."]

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

The sudden state of Chaos, the affliction of fear and desperation in the people around Veiere Arenais caused a pleasurable shiver to run up his spine and raise the hairs upon the back of his neck, the Dark Side of the Force rolling over him like a wave of power as he felt the sudden impact of lives lost upon the world's orbit, how many souls had just suffered an abrupt end, a common and violent display of warfare that could only likely be the result of space-faring combat and the loss of one or more significantly sized vessels for which often held a crew compliment of hundreds.

Though he had not yet turned to face the rest of the room, he could feel eyes on him, the immediate blame and judgement being cast upon him as if this was all his fault. In a sense, he supposed that wasn't far from the truth though he had not asked for anyone to come in search of his rescue. In fact he had even gone to the lengths of warning his wife, [member="Lady Kay"], of the risks of holding a public hearing to reside over his would-be guilt. While she had tried to keep it as quiet as possible, the media had made a circus of the whole affair and as such, he wasn't entirely surprised.

It was here that Veiere was afford an opportunity to revel in the splendor of the surrounding panic, [member="Darlyn Excron"] and the sudden arrival and argument of jurisdiction from [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] giving the former King something to question with a lift of his head and a faint tilt to look between the two, the rivalry of political and judicial power between them offering something of a rise to the darkness within himself. "Pull yourselves together..." He spoke darkly to the both of them, the look on his face laced with frustration and disappointment; "Death has come to Commenor and you argue over who's to be my charge. You're both of the same allegiance, start acting like it...", he might have found it all amusing had the fact that this war coming to his home-world not pissed he himself off something fierce; he did not have the care to watch the two of them stand above one another when lives were being lost and the public was losing a grip on themselves.

[member="Adron Malvern"] had not escaped his notice either, the emotions reeling away from the man were easily felt, harnessed and pulled in upon the former King for whom seemed to draw upon the resentment, ever slowly feeding his hunger for strength in the Dark Side. Like Adron himself, Veiere had differing loyalties. It wasn't at all hard to imagine who was presently laying siege to their people, if it were indeed his Order then he was about to find himself facing a rather problematic truth in that he wanted nothing of the conflict between the two bodies of power, both of which he had worked to build and now come to blows over his personal freedom of convictions and future fate. Adron however, had been brought into his inner circle in the beginning, the contact that had proven a valuable asset to the Dark Order from within the Galactic Empire, had been a trusted source of finance and reputable gain; they two now however found themselves standing within the center of conflict knowing not where either party stood within the rising fire.

Stepping forward, he would not argue with neither Darlyn nor Amelia, though as he began to walk, his gaze turned towards that of his wife for whom her emotions were felt most intimately. They shared a bond within the Force that knew no bounds, there within such close proximity or miles apart, they held a piece of one another within their hearts and mind, forever connected, forever woven within one another. His wife, the love of his life looked to him searching for answers as to his guilt in all of this; to which he simply shook his head slowly and reached out to her through the force, "You need to let me go...." he spoke to her telepathically. They would not be easy words to hear, and it would be unclear just what sense of the statement he was meaning, whether literal in the moment for the sake of ending this abrupt crusade or perhaps something deeper, more profound and permanent.
[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Eralam"] | [member="Loreena Arenais"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Jairdain"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom