Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Commercial Boycott | EE Dominion of Cerea and Conglomerate Prime

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
The low rumble of a ship breaching the atmosphere was what woke Leenic up from his slumber on one of the chairs in his U-Wing. He mumbled something and stood up, walking towards the cockpit where he saw the heavily forested surface of the planet sprawl out beneath the ship. "Glad to see I wont have to wake you up, sir." The astromech sitting in the pilot's seat said, turning to look at Leenic for a moment before diverting its attention back to the controls of the ship. "It appears as though this time you will be having vacation-ready weather instead of freezing to death during the whole mission." Leenic nodded in response, and walked towards the now-open side door of the passenger bay. He watched the ground, noting the prison structure about 6 clicks away. "I'll drop here. Swing the ship behind the moon and wait for me to contact you before returning." He said, making sure he had his blaster pistol and lightsaber on his belt before jumping out of the ship.

He lowered his rangefinder and allowed the free-fall to last for a few more seconds before activating his jetpack to hover in air. Then he shot off towards the prison, keeping close to the treetops so that he wouldn't be detected as easily by any anti-air defences that might have been placed around it. He got about 1 click out before his Thermal sensor started picking up different life readings outside of the prison. He assumed this was his new employer, and as such flew over to the group. Once he landed, he dusted himself off and looked up at the rebels around him.
"So, I assume you guys are the rebels that hired me?"

Eskk Jannik

E
Eskk continued hopping through the trees. He was happy to be free of his bond to the Empire. So he started to sing. Eskk wasnt worried about giving his position away, so it was likely that anybody would hear him.

The song didn't seem to have a tune. The sound of Eskk's song went up and down as he jumped and landed. It made it come out more like a wail than a song.

Hopping through these trees
Hunting down Lori
I can sense her here
She will not have a chance to disappear

Hunting Loreena, Hunting Loreena, hunting Loreena we will go,
Hunting Loreena, Hunting Loreena, hunting Loreena ans she can not get away.

You broke out of my prison,
So I resigned my commission
And you wont be forgiven

Eskk could have kept singing, but his sensory organ was telling him he was close. He would hop a few trees further and see the speeder bikes. Then, he would hop another tree forward. Now, Eskk saw the group. Eskk was moving as stealthily as possible. This is why he wore the camoflauged robes. He also used a force illusion technique taught to him by an Anzati Master Assassin. It allowed him to blend in with his surroundings better.

Eskk wasnt worried about equipment detecting vital signs either. Anzatis had no pulse and were undetectable to that kind of equipment. Eskk peered down the scope of his OL-2 sniper rifle. he was observing the group. There was a guy he recognized among them. A guy he had hired first. There was an interesting prospect.

Another guy with a jetpack and possibly Beskar. Eskk had heard of it, but never dealt with it. This rifle was supposed to pierce Beskar at this range.

There was a metal ball droid. It was clearly of minimal threat. Then, there was Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun herself. Last time, she had been more of an annoyance then a threat. Last time it was Eskk who had the advantage.

"Why Loreena" Eskk called out from his position in the tree. Do you have a thing for prison breaks?"

Objective: 2

Lori nodded in agreement with Naten Harel Naten Harel 's assessment of the prison. To have so few of guards would be silly. There just had to be more inside. A sneaking suggestion in the back of her mind suspected this as another trap by the Empire to lead the Rebels in for an ambush. But no, that couldn't be. Not when the Empire was supposed to be arriving to Cerea to try to take over control of the planet...

There was of course, a particular individual that Lori was here to rescue, one that she had discovered would be a great addition to the Eclipse Rebellion if he so chose. But first thing's first. They had to get him out of that prison.

BB-610 BB-610 drew her attention next. The little astromech was right. The guards wouldn't just let him roll on up to the door. "The others will be leading the distraction. Those guards here on this side will be taken out soon after. Then we can head down there together."

Hearing the jetpack, her eyes turned to Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil as he approached the small group. Better late than never. Lori nodded in response to his question. "We are. On my mark we're going to get inside. I'll need you to help keep the guards busy while we get a couple dozen people out. Think you can handle that?"

Without really waiting for a response, Lori drew out one of her explosive arrows from her quiver and knocked it onto the string. Her arrows were silent whenever she fired them, so they were ideal for a sneak attack. And just as she was about to turn and draw the bowstring, the voice of Eskk Jannik rang out to her. Immediately she aimed the arrow towards where his voice was coming from within the trees. What in the Force was he doing here? She didn't really have the time. Was he sent to distract her from her objective? "That's none of your business. You better get out of here if you know what's good for you!"

Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh)

1YvFwS7.png

OBJECTIVE: Establish resistance cells
ALLIES: IVI IVI

wsL0bBY.png

His enigmatic colleague informed him that the negotiations between the Eternal Empire and the government on Conglomerate Prime were about to begin. Tithe had initially toyed with the idea of muscling in on the summit with a counteroffer from the Galactic Alliance, but the distances from their borders and the rampant expansionism of the Empire would have made it a near-impossible bargaining position. And while those were the exact areas of business which Tithe excelled at, he had instead chosen to continue undermining the Empire from within rather than confront them face-on.

There would be plenty of time for that soon enough.

The Yuzzum resistance leader skittered into the room and immediately asked for credits. Much to the Vice Chancellor’s chagrin, the purported freedom fighter was not a Yuzzem as he has mistakingly read to the day's agenda - in fact, while only a single vowel separated the two, they could not have been any more opposite.

“Ah, yes, well, good to make your acquaintance,” Tithe lied. He shot a quick glare at M - he needed fighters, not pets. He scanned the intel file which covered this particular resistance group. It was true that even the most powerful Empires had found themselves undone by the forest moon of Endor. There was a raw, animalistic energy on the moon which no regime seemed capable of fully caging.

“Why, I do believe we may be able to come to an agreement my short diminutive fellow…”

The meeting with the neckless insurgent ran much longer than it needed to. As had become routine, Tithe did all the talking while his Chiss counterpart read intel updates and moved her assets throughout the galaxy. The negotiations finished with the Vice Chancellor agreeing to fund to Yuzzum cell for the next two months, with a commando team promised to come and teach them fighting tactics. As with every other group, the Yuzzum didn’t hesitate when it came to grabbing the camtona of unmarked credits as it left.

“Am I correct to assume you’ve saved the crème de la crème for last?” Tithe removed his spectacles and he rubbed his eyes in exhaustion. “I’d also like to reiterate that you are welcome to jump in at any moment.” Though he doubted that very much that would happen; the chief spy seemed to be eliciting some sort of joy from his suffering.

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
8l4WWig.png
Equipment: Brynja coat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet || Empyrean gland
Tag: Ladybug Ladybug | Alli Vern Alli Vern | Erick Pryde
dRUm20K.png
The two science ministers seemed to have found each other perfectly, so Ingrid turned her attention back to the others. Others did not respond, it was obvious that the red-haired woman was left with the speech, though hoped that others would play the role of a kinder person who subtly tries to convince them of what Ingrid could not do. She couldn’t be nice today, this was a very important case for the Empire. The Cold War.

"I think if you looked at the radar data or the report of your fleet, it’s not hard to guess."

"Would you really launch an invasion against us if we said no?"

"If you do not give another option, then yes. But I hope the fleet that has been brought with us is deterrent enough to act as a convincing argument that you will do what we ask."

"Why? This planet was pretty much under different rules. We are finally free."

"And you sit here next to the Firebird Trade Spine. Did you really think you could enjoy independence for a long time?"

"But…"

"I am ready to give you the choice to join voluntarily, no one will be in trouble, there will be no bloodshed. You can even keep your government. Of course, a baron, or baroness, will be appointed to lead the planet, and you will have to abide by our laws, but that will only increase public safety here and the military presence. In everything else, your life will be the same as before."

"But…"

"If you say no, your government will not remain either, but the future baron or baroness will appoint a new government. And, of course, your free trade will also be kept under strict scrutiny."

The woman continued to speak in a military voice and still did not sit down. Wondered what the planet's leadership would say about these terms.

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

Wanderer Lost, Wanderer Found
JrAhkQJ.png

Equipment : One(1) shoto lightsaber, One(1) standard E-11D blaster carbine, One(1) industrial-strength syntherope (50m), Three(3) standard thermal detonators, One(1) Imperial trooper helmet with standard comm connections
Ship: Standard-kit HWK-290 light freighter
Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) , Mark Cross, Naten Harel Naten Harel , BB-610 BB-610 , Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe . Eskk Jannik
The comm beeped right in the middle of Leigh's rundown. Neither of them replied, but Na'an turned back towards the edge of the treeline, down the cliff, and pulled her Ultranaut helmet back down over her eyes. Loreena Arenais had given the signal. It was time to go.

The cliff they were on was only a cliff in the barest sense: a bare, sandy incline topped with trees overlooking the road of their chosen entry point. Na'an dropped onto the incline on the balls of her feet and skidded down, a rush of sand following her as she hit the bottom and skipped onto the road proper. There were no prisoner transports planned for the day of their attack, which meant that, besides the patrols, the north entrance had a minimal guard posted. There was nothing stopping her from walking--even strolling--down into sight range of the gate guards.

"Helloooooo!" she called up to the guard towers as she approached, and waved. In response, the guards in the left-hand tower leaned out, looking confused at the sudden hailing. That was expected--to the Imperials, she must cut a strange sight at first glance. A tiny figure, dressed in mismatched leathers and one of their own helmets, approaching alone, on foot, and seemingly unarmed? Ever Imperial Na'an had ever encountered looking like this tended to react in one of two ways: Disregard, or suspicion.

These guys? They went with suspicion.

"Attention!" The guard visible in the tower window signaled to the two others inside; in seconds, a pair of blasters were trained on Na'an below them. "You are approaching a restricted area without Imperial credentials, and in possession of unassigned Imperial armor," he shouted down at her. "Please remove your helmet, place it on the ground, and back away from the gate. Will will open fire on you."

It was the same spiel, always. Even back on Kalidan, the same scripts, the same mood, the same demands, all read with the same psuedo-moralistic rigidity. Na'an had to give the Imperials credit for being able to fold together training and propaganda. Tacitus had clearly known how to build himself a cult.
"I know, I know," she yelled back up at them. "You'll kill me, I'm out of line, know my place, yadda yadda yadda! Listen, I just wanted to tell you guys first that I'm..."

She reached into her jacket and pulled out a short, silvery hilt, wrapping the cord at its end around her wrist.

"I'm sorry for this! I really am!"

That gave the guard pause. He hesitated for a moment, almost as if deciding whether that was worth responding to. In the end, though, curiosity won out. "Sorry? Sorry for wha--"

JrAhkQJ.png

Equipment: Passive/Active Holonet comm system, multi-phase arm cannon (part of chassis), Five (5) standard thermal detonators, One(1) 50-meter syntherope coil
Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , Mark Cross, Naten Harel Naten Harel , BB-610 BB-610 , Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe , Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an , Eskk Jannik

"For this."

The guards would not hear Leigh respond to their unfinished question, but she still felt the need to answer it. She had taken up a post at the edge of the trees at the top of the cliff, her sight line clear for both guard towers, and pointed her cannon and began to charge a laserfire shot. She saw her human amble up to the gate and hail the guards, watched as their attention was drawn, then fixed as Na'an drew her lightsaber.

The sight of the crimson blade igniting was her signal to fire.

The guardhouse on the right exploded on impact. Even from this distance, Leigh's audio receptors registered the boom of the first explosion, which even muted the later pop-pop-pops of the ammo inside the guardhouse igniting. The guards her human were talking to started, shouting in shock and horror, but had only a second to react to their cohorts going up in flames before Na'an Force Leapt up among them. The droid made her own way down the incline, keeping her eyes on the remaining tower as long as possible, but that level of caution was unecessary. By the time she regained her sight line, her human had dispatched them all in a few swift, brutal strokes.

"I am here," she called up to the now-empty tower, augmenting her voice to be more easily heard in the noise of the fire. "Open the gate and I will handle the main door and get us inside."

Na'an did not poke her head out of the tower at first, but clearly heard the droid. Leigh only had to wait a few seconds before the gate began to slide open, the thick metal door of the main complex exposing itself. Leigh allowed herself a moment of pleasure as she raised her cannon again and charged another massive shot.

Her human was brilliantly deadly, Leigh had admitted to herself long ago, in ways the droid could never be. She was fast. She was agile. She could slice through a target with precision and, although she would never admit it, elegance, leaving no damage but the damage she wanted. But in this mission, what Loreena Arenais had requested from them was a distraction. She wanted noise, and she wanted damage.

And in the world of making a lot of noise and damage as quickly as possible, LE-03 was the one to watch out for.

"Boom."

The main door of the north entrance, too, exploded into fire.

Eskk Jannik

E
"I'm coming down right now," Eskk said as he force leapt out of the tree he had Loreena's lightsaber in his hand. "It looks like your plan is executing itself anyways."

"I guess we'll have to talk on the move," Eskk suggested as he started to approach the prison without knowing the plan. "assuming you're not gonna shoot at me."

Eskk made his way towards the prison but he kept the mandalorian Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun in sight.
Eskk wasn't concerned about the other crew members Naten Harel Naten Harel or BB-610 BB-610 as much as he was with the other two.

"So, I have something you want. Want to trade for it, Loreena?" Eskk asked his target.

Erick Pryde

E
"It would be wise to follow the path the Empress has laid out" He spoke at last. There was a certain sense of compassion within his voice, the exact opposite of his former mentor, the Secretary-General Credius Credius . He quickly moved to the front of the group of ambassadors, reaching his hand out to the representative of Conglomerate Prime.
"My name is Secretary Erick Pryde, Director of the Zweihander Union's Department of the Exterior, and loyal subject of the Eternal Empire" He scanned the man before him quickly, careful not to miss any weaknesses or strengths.
"Why would it be wise, Mr. Secretary ?"
"As she said, how long did you expect to remain independent. Sure, the Alliance was preoccupied on their once futile quest to reunite the Core, but now they've done it. You reek too much of meritocracy for thier liking. Too much corporate influence."
"What of Aargau"
"They're run by banks, my friend. Not corporations"

Objective 2

Naten narrowed his at the new comer, Eskk Jannik , and pointed his rifle at the man before opening fire. Sure Naten didn't know the man or the deal he has with his current client, but whatever this man was here for, it would be a shame if Naten allowed him to be a hinderance to interfere with his job. "A friend of yours, I presume?" Naten asked Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun as he kept fire at the guy who was heading straight to the prison.

Lori kept her bow trained on Eskk Jannik as he jumped down from the trees. Of course she had spotted her lightsaber right away. All that it would take would be for her to just release her arrow and she could take her lightsaber back. But although she was a Rebel and Eskk was her enemy, she wasn't a murderer; all rumours aside. Her admittance to killing Tacitus was just a political gamble and wasn't the truth. But all of that would play out at another time.

She heard the explosions and distraction caused by LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) and Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an being executed right on time. Good! At least the plan was still going to go ahead.

Lori glanced over to Naten Harel Naten Harel as he raised his own weapon and questioned who Eskk was. "He's an adversary more than anything..." That should be enough to keep Naten's guard up. But for now she needed him to stay his hand as she followed Eskk on her way down to the prison. "What could I possibly have that you want?" Now wasn't really the time to have negotiations. She had people that needed to be freed before they could be handed over to the Empire.

BB-610 BB-610 Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Rustbuckets will never go out of style.
Leenic ignited his lightsaber and whirrled around to face Eskk Jannik when he heard the voice, watching the man cautiously as he jumped down from the treeline. He decided to keep silent for the time being, figuring it best to be the silent and imposing type while the more experienced rebels dealt with this new problem.

He didnt react to the explosions of the prison as they went off, at this point he had grown accustomed to those kinds of noises and they rarely caught him off-guard. Keeping with his well-practiced soldier routine, he kept close behind Loreena and Naten Harel Naten Harel as they traveled towards the prison. He had very little idea of what to expect from this mission, so he decided it best to leave his saber ignited.​

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

JrAhkQJ.png

| OBJECTIVE: Prison Break |
| LOCATION: Prison, Cerea |
| ALLIES:
The ECLIPSE REBELLION [ Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ]; Naten Harel Naten Harel | Mark Cross | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) | Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an | Eskk Jannik |

re3GLA.png

The droid was more than happy to keep by Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ' side as their allies dealt with the guards. As angsty as he was to roll in and do his job, simply showing up at the prison's door would have gotten him no where. The second his audio receptors hear the sound of a distant voice calling out for his partner, BB-610's head whips around in nanoseconds, optic tracing the voice as it scans. An organic, armed with a sniper. The astromech takes a sideline as he observes Lori converse with him. A history, he figures, and his photoreceptors stay glued to the man when he closes the distance between them and takes a jump at Loreena's side.

Instinctively, the droid rolls in front of the woman, tool-bay disk sliding open to reveal his polished electro-shock prod. There's a crackle in the air of hot electricity, the floor scorched by Eskk Jannik's feet.
' Do not interfere with the mission. Do not damage Miss Arenais. ' his binary is low, unfeeling optic eyeing the man. Not before long, the prod is retracted, and BB-610 resumes rolling towards the prison.

Antennae rising, the droid's flat head begins twirling in circles, performing a brief reconnaissance scan.
' Scan complete. ' BB-610 turns his head around to face Loreena and Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil , advanced photoreceptors keeping tabs on Eskk's movements even while his central optic is focused on his true allies. ' Twenty-seven armed guards and four security droids, with more reinforcements. '

BB-610 takes a sharp turn to the left, following the prison's layout before he ventures down a level, rolling down a hallway leading to a closed door. As the holomap had said, there's a data port right next to it, and it takes no time at all for the droid to take position: inching towards it, selecting his scomp link and socketing it inside the port in an instant. As the prison's security systems meet his servos, BB-610 twirls his head around, gazing at his teammates.

' I'm bypassing their security, but it means alerting their security droids. Hostage numbers are in the triple digits, we're going to need to be quick. ' And with the rotating twists of his scomp link, the door is opened, giving them a view of a huge prison bay, with hundreds of cells. BB-610 shared one last glance at his allies, giving a quick nod. ' I'll leave the shooting to you. '

re3GLA.png

Eskk Jannik

E
Eskk halted his advance as he saw the first blaster bolt scream towards him. To think, he had been worried it would be the mandalorian he had to worry about assaulting him at the outset. Eskk dropped low and activated loreena's stolen lightsaber, using it to deflect Naten Harel Naten Harel 's shots. He deflected them in such a way that they did not return towards the group of rebels but rather flew harmlessly off to the side.

"I come in peace," Eskk said over the shooting. "I am here to help and you are wasting precious time by firing at me. Cease your hostilities immediately, or things may become quite regrettable."

After he heard Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ask him what he wanted, a droid BB-610 BB-610 rolled up and beeped at him. Eskk didnt speak droid, but apparently the metal ball had threatened him. How amusing, if Eskk wasnt steadily deflecting blaster bolts from the mercenary who had opened fire on him, he may have responded to the droid.

"Ive come to return your lightsaber Loreena," Eskk said, "of course I would not part with such an item out of the good will of my heart. I know it is dear to you, but my price is cheap. I simply require that you fill the two small vials I possess with your blood. If you agree I will also act in your service during this prison break, or if you do not wish it to be so, I can simply leave after I get the blood."

"However," Eskk stated, "I have a new toy of my own design that I am most anxious to play with. So, if you refuse then I must assume you no longer desire your lightsaber. In which case, this lightsaber has no value to me. I shall take it to Mustafar and drop it in a volcano."

Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Now was not the time. She had people that were facing execution if they weren't freed; and here was Eskk Jannik toying with HER lightsaber that HE stole and corrupted. It was a beautiful weapon with a Daghee crystal that gave it a lightening bolt edge along it's silver core. The hilt was made with pieces from her late father's Star Destroyer, while other parts were gathered from Commenor. It was the only keepsake of her Dad's that she had.

Or did have.

Lori had a race against time to deal with. She couldn't make an informed decision which would result in her hating the consequences of each choice. And she hated being put into that position right now.

BB-610 BB-610 was already getting inside of the prison and getting proper readouts of what they were up against. She was quickly running out of time for chit chat.

"I gotta get these people out! Can't you wait until the mission is over? I need...Their freedom and lives are more important right now." Lori needed more time and she had none. It just wasn't fair. No doubt her blood was going to be used for something bad. And just that thought was eating her up inside.

So was the thought of losing her lightsaber forever...

Naten Harel Naten Harel Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch, The Night Queen, Lady Stuztala, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium, Archon of the Primyn Group
8l4WWig.png
Equipment: Brynja coat | Hersir Imperial Uniform | G1 OmniLink | Shield talisman | Taozin amulet || Empyrean gland
Tag: Ladybug Ladybug | Alli Vern Alli Vern | Erick Pryde
dRUm20K.png
Luckily, now got help from Erick Pryde, who was also trying to convince the locals. Nodded at the man, barely noticeable, to do well what he was doing. Hopefully, if they see someone else trying to “save” them, so to speak, they may be listening to common sense and they do not want to start a war. She let the man speak, so remained silent for now and watched more of the other leaders.

The nervousness was still evident in them; somewhere deep in herself she understood them, Ingrid would not have willingly passed on Kalidan to others and would have fought to the last drop of blood. But there are mostly companies here, not a military or militant society. In that case, she would have understood. Of course, now they are afraid of losing their own income, there was nothing surprising about that, they didn’t want to give the money going into their own pockets as a tax to someone else to have less left. But if they say no, even that revenue is lost.

"Look at Zakuul, they could keep their government, everything is like it used to be, only a Baron, or Baroness, will be at the head of the planet as governor, working with the local government. Here, too, I offer this to you. I would like to avoid unfortunate incidents such as those that occurred under the previous ruler. There will be no genocide under my control, but I don’t want to have an oppressive regime if you don’t have to. That is why I offer you the peaceful and simpler way that both sides can only win."

Looked through those present, then her gaze settled on Alli and Pryde.

"If you don’t believe me, ask the members of the Zweihander Union, who took refuge in the Eternal Empire and voluntarily chose this place instead of the myriad points in the galaxy. Now they represent the affairs of the commercial and corporate spheres. I don’t want to sound cruel, but if you say no, we will be forced to nationalize every local company after the invasion. If you join voluntarily, you can keep everything."

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

JrAhkQJ.png

| OBJECTIVE: Prison Break |
| LOCATION: Prison, Cerea |
| ALLIES:
The ECLIPSE REBELLION [ Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun ]; Naten Harel Naten Harel | Mark Cross | Leenic Ellsil Leenic Ellsil | LE-03 (Leigh) LE-03 (Leigh) | Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an | Eskk Jannik |

re3GLA.png

BB-610 passes a glance between Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and Eskk Jannik, looking at one and then the other as they argue back and forth. The droid turns to face the several crowded prison cells, optic narrowing in frustration. He snaps his head back at Eskk- ' Now really isn't the time for- you can't even understand me... ' there's a metallic sigh before he turns to Loreena. ' Tell him I said to shut up and get on with it, we don't have much time. '

Thud thud thud thud. The telltale march of approaching KX-series security droids, the shadows of four units growing bigger along the wall as they get closer and closer. BB-610 couldn't do much about that-- he just needed to focus on overriding the cell systems, so he begins rolling into the prison dorm, trailing down a flight of stairs [ worryingly fast, actually, he'd forgotten to slow down ], meeting the lower floor with a thud and a spin towards a cell.

He catches the ports on either side of each chamber, optic glancing up as a handful of Rebels cling and paw desperately at the bars, screaming and begging, voices so loud he can hardly make out what each was saying as they talk over each other. As the astromech's scomp link meets the port, he stares at his allies. A few minutes of trial and error as he tampers with the prison's systems, probe twisting left and right, patiently trying to match the data displayed in his head. If he were too fast, he could risk alerting even more security, and while a part of him was certain that the sudden destruction of security droids would raise an eyebrow, he definitely didn't want to pile even more reinforcements on top of them. Not before long, there's a triumphant chirp of binary and a satisfying thud, the bars swing up to the top as the droid rolls aside to allow the Rebels to flee safely.

' First cell has been breached. ' he speaks over his internal comms. ' Make sure nothing happens to the Rebels. '

And so he did it again to the next cell. And then next, and the next. His scomp link was beginning to feel hotter, smoke briefly flying from its glistening metal. BB-610 didn't care if he overheated-- he had to do this. Today, saving these Rebels was his primary directive.

re3GLA.png

8l4WWig.png
Alli had been listening. Making sure to take notes and make the appropriate expressions as the others talked but then it came to her. She was mentioned. It was nice she had to admit, they had been able to self govern their people and expand under the Eternal Empire. It had turned out to be a great deal. The only downfall would be the short sightedness of the GA but that was their problem. She nodded and spoke as she heard a question.

"Yes, The Zweihander Union was in a bad situation, our space taken over by a Civil War. The Eternal Empire Helped us rescue our citizens and have given us a place to call home, allowed us to still govern and live as we did before and more. Now I sit before you a representive of the Empire's business. Plus the carrot is much better than the stick. So I guess the question is, which will it be. "

She would love to take over all of their trade. It would certainly benefit her bottom line but she could understand this offering, it would cause a temporary loss, as we had to try to get every bit of business running again as it was. Some might not ever recover. It would be alot of work but then she never shyed away from work. She just looked at everyone, wondering what the decision would be.

Ladybug Ladybug
| ​

Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim
| ​

Erick Pryde

fmct2C4.png
Objective: A Little Off the Top (BYOO)

Allies: N/A

He came to a higher floor in the outskirts of the city, setting up a bipod on a stand as he began to unbox the large case he was carrying. He found the pieces and began to put together the sniper rifle. Checking the parts as he put them on. He set the rifle beside him and looked out to the outskirts. His eyes glancing over the faces of people living their day-to-day lives, unknown of the dangers that lurked around the corners, even stared them in the face sometimes, he wished he could call these people bold, but mostly they were just plain stupid. Sometimes he wondered how the common folk were so oblivious to their surroundings that they couldn't tell a jawa from a bantha. The galaxy was ever-changing, and it was up to men like him to shape and mold it to a way that was most favorable for him.
9lv2K7W.png
Ranulf's eye finally made his target as he and his entourage made their way through the streets. His eyes easily making out the political garb that donned him unlike the rabble that he walked through. He understood the want to show off the wealth that came with being at a high position, but he also knew how easy it was to pick them out in a crowd. He watched him closely zooming in his Electrobinoculars to see what type of equipment his guards were carrying. Nothing exciting and nothing that could worry him at this range. He sat in the high rise and just watched as the man made his rounds, shaking hands and kissing babies, and all around attempting to gain support from the populous. This man was an avid opposer of the Empire, and therefore was a threat to their dominion over the planet to bring to the sphere of influence, he intended to make an end to that. His world would bend before the might of the empire, at least he wouldn't be there to see it happen.

Last edited:
JrAhkQJ.png

Equipment: Passive/Active Holonet comm system, multi-phase arm cannon (part of chassis), Five (5) standard thermal detonators, One(1) 50-meter syntherope coil
Tags: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun , Mark Cross, Naten Harel Naten Harel , BB-610 BB-610 , Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe , Vidalu Na'an Vidalu Na'an , Eskk Jannik

It had been a while since LE-03 had been able to use her cannon at full charge like this. As she stepped through the smoking hole of what used to be the front gate, she shifted the cannon's shoulder, rolling it much as an organic would after a good punch. The discharge of so much energy had a way of vibrating the joints that was, she thought, not altogether unpleasant. The droid supposed an organic would feel it as the release of a long-held knot of tension in the muscle--a sort of relief, so sharp it was almost pain. She looked back towards her partner with a new appreciation; Na'an had dropped down from the tower and was rolling her own shoulders, the unignited hilt of her lightsaber dancing easily between the fingertips of her left hand.

Perhaps this...release...was why the human had made a point to work her body so hard, even back on Kalidan when under constant scrutiny. Maybe Leigh should make a point to be on the ground more often.

The gate's alarm had started the second the two of them crossed the threshold into the prison, but another shot of her cannon killed it, at least at the entrance. At least a few others seemed to have gone off around the facility, however. They certainly did their job in attracting the facility guards, who came in waves of four or five with every corner Leigh turned. The narrow halls of the prison made them easy targets--most of the waves would fall to a shot of Leigh's cannon exploding the nearby walls, with Na'an only darting in with her lightsaber to make quick work of whatever Imperials held up to the blast. But the sound of them got quite annoying after only a couple of minutes, even punctuated as it was by voices directing yet another wave of guards to their location. Leigh had to dial down her audio sensors to drown out the squalling as they delved deeper into the building.

Perhaps that was why she did not hear it before her human did.

They had almost made it to the nearest cell block to the northern gate, one marked for smugglers rather than political prisoners with known Rebel sympathies. It had taken them longer than they had wanted to get there, but they were still within the realm of Miss Arenais' plan, considering they were meant to draw most of the facility's attacks. Leigh had just activated the comm to check in with Miss Arenais when she realized that Na'an, standing among the newly-fallen guards, had gone very still.

"What is it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom