Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come One, Come All [SJO Dominion of Hex AD-31]

Yuroic wandered around, leaving the vendor of the soft toys behind. He moved into the food court, obviously following his nose and stomach more than anything else. Looking around he saw the mysterious Master Nooran, with her was a small group of people, clearly Yuroic was out of the known because their faces held no recollection to him. He really had to talk to Asaraa about who the Padawans were, or at least try and meet as many of them as he could. If he wanted to become a Master, he had to do a better job at knowing all the people who were in the Order, or at least know the interesting ones. Deciding it was high time he greeted himself to new people, Yuroic wandered over, hearing the tail end of their conversation.

"Oh, I'm sure Master Nooran here is very well off. I hear the Masters make the big bucks. Why the rest of us are poor as anything!" Yuroic said in a sarcastic but joking manner as he winked to [member="Charlie"] . "Greetings Master [member="Jyoti Nooran"] glad you found yourself at the carnival. Sure the Padawans will enjoy some the games being held. Just no Force Powers to get the best prizes. That's my move!" Another friendly joke as he brought himself some savoury food, never having a sweet tooth himself.

[member="Epistor"] | [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] | [member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

JxXwLrt.png

Charlie seemed almost mesmerized by that half eaten twinkie, focus repeatedly shifting between Jyoti and the confection whenever she took a pause to answer or ask questions.

"Eh, you're not a burden. I brought you and Epistor out here with the intent on spending time with you both."

She looked over at Epistor in the distance, happily chatting away with Tyluko.

"Epistor certainly doesn't mind interacting with new people around me, as you can see. I'm sure you'll both get along famouly."

She flashed Charlie a smile, though in the back of her head, she wondered what Charlie had wanted to say at first. She wasn't one to prod (much), so she would just let Charlie spill the truth when she was ready.

"Me, lots of credits?"

It was then that Jyoti began to ponder how exactly Charlie had been able to buy food in the first place. The woman had come from Tython creditless, and she had yet to be set up with a stipend.

She raised an eyebrow, about to inquire about Charlie's current source of income, when Yuroic appeared. He greeted both Jyoti and Charlie, and cracked a few jokes, which kept Jyoti smiling. Sometimes his humor could be a little cheesy, but she enjoyed his lighthearted nature none the less. A bittersweet reminder of the good old days as master and apprentice.

"Evening Yuroic," she greeted back with a small bow of respect. "You can thank Master Kitra for that. She just wouldn't stop raving about how cool she thought this carnival would be, so I decided to check it out myself. It's been a good experience so far."

"So I'm looking for some goodies to eat. Let me treat you all." An indirect answer of yes, she had the credits.

Charlie may have had Twinkie hanging out of her mouth at the time of statement, but she knew very well that her new apprentice hadn't been satisfied.

But first, some napkins were an order.

[member="Charlie"] [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] [member="Epistor"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Roona Osmari

R
ZxyvAMS.png

Glancing over her shoulder, she spotted the smile on Colonel Calderon’s face and she couldn’t help but smile back. Turning slightly, she gave him a bit of an awkward half-hug in greeting. Roona was hesitant to show affection in such a crowded place, especially with some of their teammates around. Her smile lingered for a moment, but faded away as she turned back to face the booth.

It certainly seemed that both the carnie and the Colonel were issuing her a challenge here. Without a word, she reached out and snatched the pellet gun from the game-master. In a motion that was well-practiced, she held the small gun out at arm’s length and fired in rapid succession. One by one, targets went down. Now, this was just too easy.

Ping, ping, ping, ping!

“It’s my first time.” She said wryly, as she handed the gun back. All the while, the small man’s mouth hung open. He was half-tempted to call her a cheater, but the intimidating presence of Valkren seemed to discourage his words. Begrudgingly taking down a prize, he tossed a stuffed bear over to Roona. The sharpshooter eyed the toy with brows furrowed, what was she supposed to do with this?

“Good to see you,” She smiled at [member="Valkren Calderon"], giving his appearance a quick once-over. The last time they’d been out together they had been wearing formal dress, and this time she was pleased to go casual. “What do you want to do now?” She spotted another game down the way, “A test of strength, perhaps?” Roona grinned.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
DqFue1B.png
Sukai'ito Yumi

Nearby: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Darren Torran"]

Sukai kept an eye on the two Padawans as she tailed closer, looking on in slight Interest as the Zarbark picked up some sort of necklace from a nearby stall, an intricate dragon design that drew ones gaze, some sort of power emanating from within. Though what came as a surprise to her was the apparent vanishing act of the stall owner, like they had never been there before... "wha- why how? and illusion maybe..... strange indeed", he rubbed her eyes quickly, maybe just seeing things, but no, Darren still held the small item, looking just as confused as herself.

The force moved in mysterious ways, perhaps the man was destined to get the pendant somehow and the force used this chance to do it? Whatever the case the Jedi Padawan now had a strange pendant of unknown power and origin, "Excuse me Miss are you looking for something"? Opening here eye in slight surprised Sukai looked to her side, from where the voice came, realizing that she had stopped walking and was not standing in front of a clothing&Textiles Stall ran my and old Atrisian looking man. "Ah Sumimasen, I was just lost in thought".

"Ha ha, it is alright it is nice to see a some what friendly face around here", "Well thank you, but I am only half Atrisian, my father was a Jin", that was kind of a lie, she only looked that way, but it as good cover when around others. "Hmm I must say you have a rather nice assortment of clothing here", "Nice to see others appreciate my work, you a textiles woman yourself", "Ah well kind off, though I am not the most creative with colours and all", the man gave a small laught indicating to her current Yukata styled robes, "I can see that, your pallet seems to be very dark, here let me show you this".

Turning around the old man produced a Kimono styled dress, the main body being a bright pink with a decorative floral pattern on the outside with a silky red texture on the inside, a black sash around the middle with a crimson ribbon combined with a similar styled floral pattern black outer garment. "Now not saying you need to buy this, but I think it suits you well, perhaps spark some of your own ideas as well", Sukai eyed the dress closely, feeling its texture, smooth and rather comfortable, it certainly did look pretty, "... you know I think I will, I rarely buy anything for myself, how much"? "For you, lets say 500 credits, in return though, I would love to see some of your own work one day, deal"? "Ah yes of course, Arigatōgozaimash'ita".

Handing over the sum of credits Sukai was given the dress, handed to her in a bag by the store owner, both giving each other a small bow before parting ways, Sukai continuing towards @Darren Torran.

JxXwLrt.png

[SIZE=9pt]I’m sure you’ll both get along famously…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The comment from Jyoti forced an awkward and cringe worthy smile from Charlie. At the mention of the other padawan, Charlie let her ice blue eyes glance towards the girl who was chatty with the other padawan. Could she ever become that friendly? Charlie figured it was beyond her reach, but her Master seemed to think otherwise. The cringeworthy smile remained as she removed her glance from Epistor and Tyluko. She wanted to be their friend, but knowing how awkward she was – she figured they would play nice until the Masters turned their backs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Before Charlie could protest, another person arrived and he seemed to know Master Nooran which at this point and time didn’t surprised Charlie anymore. The woman seemed to know just about everyone when it came to the Jedi. Her lips pouted as she found herself in deep thought about who exactly her Master was. Was this woman some sort of hero to the Jedi? Did she do something amazing? Or was she just a good conversationalist? Either way, she knew a lot of people which meant that a lot of people would end up being around them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The thought made Charlie stick out her tongue in disgust, being around so many people consistently seemed like it was going to be troublesome. She shoved the rest of the Twinkie into her mouth and chewed happily. While Jyoti was distracted with the other Jedi who had some of the corniest jokes Charlie had ever heard (but he did get a chuckle out of the small padawan), she decided it was probably a clever idea to sneak off. She was always good at escaping group gatherings, she had the odd ability to quiet her steps. Slowly she began to slip away and then she heard Jyoti offer to treat them, Charlie found herself moving back towards the two older Jedi. “I’ve had my eye on that stall, Master…they have fried fish shaped dough…filled with red bean paste…or chocolate, even custard…” Licking her lips, the messy faced Padawan held her clasped hands to her chest and sighed with happiness. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]“I want to try them all.” She tried her best to give Jyoti a sweet smile, “I’ll even share with you Master, if you want.”[/SIZE]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

ZxyvAMS.png
Valkren folded his arms over his broad chest soon after the embrace, a smirk staying steady on his face as he watched for the game-masters expression once Roona went to work.

Thatta' girl..

The thought ran through his head, a hint of pride striking through his ego as he watched the marksman skillfully 'neutralize' each of her targets with ease. As the carnie was left in awe, Valk' could only let a laugh escape his lips once Osmari turned to him, bear in hand.

"Never took you for the stuffed animal kind, Roo'." There it was, where Osmari or better yet, Echo, should have been, was replaced with a much more casual nickname, Roo. He wasn't sure where it had come from, but it seemed to flow off of his tongue so easily, and it felt right.

Next, his teammate and 'crush' directed his attention toward the game a few booths over, one that involved a test of strength to ring a bell. Valkren's grin returned, nodding his head in motion toward the same booth in hopes that she would follow. Valk' had to stop himself from offering out his hand to Roona, as they still had to play it careful in situations like these.

The young special forces officer guided the pair toward the booth, moving himself in line and catching the attention of the carnie working the area.

"Hey there! You look like quite the strong and heroic type! Why not give it a shot!" He lowered his hand to reveal the hammer resting at the base of the game.

Valkren glanced down at the hammer, seeing only a log with an axe in front of him in place of the game. Years and years of farmwork in his childhood had helped build him into the man he was today, even though he had much more growing to do, he could thank farming for part of his physical attributes, like his strength.

The soldier leaned over, gripping the hammer with both hands. After positioning his feet in a comfortable position in front of the game, he'd heave the hammer to the side, then above his head, sliding one of his hands along the length of the handle to control the tool in it's descent to it's target. The man let out a firm grunt as he went through with this motion, carrying as much power as he could behind the motion of swinging the hammer.

[member="Roona Osmari"]

JxXwLrt.png

Charlie initially gave Jyoti an odd smile that could only be described as sickly sweet, not a single inkling of warmth behind it. Clearly, she wasn't enthused by the prospect of socializing, but it was just something she was going to have to learn while hanging around Jyoti as her apprentice.

It looked like Charlie had other plans, slinking away, up until Jyoti mentioned treating everyone out. This time, she met Jyoti with a genuine expression of elation. In that moment, she was reminded of one of her oldest apprentices, Vitha, a self-absorbed Avogwi.

"That sounds good," she replied with a nod. "I'll even let you pick out something for me. Lead the way."

[member="Charlie"] [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] [member="Epistor"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

JxXwLrt.png

“PIE! ALL YOU CAN EAT.”

The call rang out throughout the food stalls. Nearby, there was a rather long picnic table being set up. A woman spread out a gingham tablecloth and gave it a tight tug to make sure it was neat. She dusted off her apron, though it was still splattered with pie filling and bits of apple.
A man with a microphone stepped up to her side.

“Come one, come all!” He called. “If you want to join, please come have a seat at the table! There’s plenty of room… and plenty of pie.”

It wasn’t long before a long row of warm pies lined the edges of the table, just waiting for hungry folks that were ready to participate. The apron-clad woman stood with her hands on her hips, beaming with pride at the sight of her baked goods. Quickly, places at the benches were taken by carnival-goers… only a few remained now.

“There’s only one rule, folks: eat the most pies and you win a fantastic prize!”

Feel free to continue on!

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Jyoti Nooran"], [member="Charlie"], [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] [member="Epistor"] - @anyone that wants to join XD

[SIZE=10pt]The genuine smile remained plastered on Charlie’s face as she heard her Master give into her choice of food. She had half expected the woman to scold her for choosing sweets over real food at this point and time. Though, it was a good moment and Charlie wasn’t going to ruin it. She had to pick out something delicious for Jyoti or everything would have been in vain. Reaching out, she grabbed her Master’s hand and dragged the woman towards the stall. Upon closer examination the dough wasn’t shaped into fish like she had usually seen it. They were shaped into porgs and Charlie was now even more curious about the pastries.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Looking at the spread, she continued to hold Jyoti’s hand for just a moment and then released it. Wondering if her Master was going to wander off, she moved to holding the woman’s sleeve and continued to look at the pastries. “I had a lot of chocolate with the funnel cakes so…” She pointed to the red bean paste and the custard, “One of each!”. The Man nodded from behind his counter and packed up one red bean paste and one custard. As much as Charlie wanted to order two of each – then eat three, she decided it would be better if she didn’t abuse her Master’s offer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]With the pastries packed and ready, Charlie released her Master and offered the pastries. “Since you bought them, you pick first.” The happy little gremlin fought back the urge to devour both in one bite as she let her Master have first pick. Though, her ears twitched as she heard the man shouting about pie. Her inner gremlin jumped for joy as she knew where her next stop was going to be. The pie eating contest was something no one could beat her at. [/SIZE]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Valae Kitra"]

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
Tyluko smiled as the girl and the master introduced themselves. He enjoyed meeting new people despite the fact that he could be a little shy at times. Soon the one who introduced herself as [member="Jyoti Nooran"] bowed in departure as she went over to another padawan happily scoffing down sweets. Tyluko did not know who she was but caught Master Nooran mention the name [member="Charlie"]. Perhaps he could meet her at some point as well. Tyluko eventually shifted his gaze back to [member="Epistor"] who was now chatting with Thonro, asking him for suggestions on what to do. Thonro's eyes glimmered as Epistor addressed him and asked him what he thought they should do. Thonro clearly excited about all of the possibilities of things they could do.

"Well we could play some games or or we could go look at vendors, or we could eat food, or ride rides! I really don't know, there is so much to do that I cannot make up my mind!"
Tyluko smiled down at the boy, patting him on the head. Just then he heard an announcement about a pie eating contest, which clearly seemed to excite the Padawan named Charlie as her and Jyoti seemed to make their way over to where the contest was. Tyluko looked back at Epistor and Thonro, "Well perhaps we could make our way over to the Pie-eating contest if you two wanted to participate in that or we could try out some games. I'm afraid I would be ill-equipped for a pie eating contest so I most likely would not participate" Tyluko said with a smile as he referenced his dolphin-like mouth.

Oomy looked on as Tyluko and Thonro continued to chat away with the organic female named Epistor. The Padawan had asked Thonro what he thought would be a fun thing to do, and suddenly Thonro was babbling about all the possible things that they could do. Its almost as if the boy just had random bursts of energy that could be activated by the mention of something specific; just like flicking a switch. Oomy only could wish that he could run with the endless amounts of energy that the boy seemed to possess. Just then, an announcement came over the speakers that spoke of a pie eating contest. His master seemed to feel that he couldn't participate in the activity due to his species biology, which makes sense since Dolphinarian mouths and teeth were more designed for eating fish and other seafood. However a pie eating contest excluded him as well because he was well....a droid. What was with organics and their obsession with unhealthy foods? Now they were making contests out of it. His processors just couldn't fathom it. Organics... they never cease to amaze.

Oomy the finally addressed the group as well. "Roger Roger, I concur with Tyluko."

[member="[URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/7523-yuroic-xeraic/"]Yuroic Xeraic[/URL]"], Jyoti Nooran, Charlie, Tyluko Dubykee Epistor

She let herself be tugged around by Charlie toward the food stall, an amused huff escaping her nose.

Charlie wasted no time ordering up pastries for the party, her order requiring a large sack to hold everything. Though Jyoti suspected if left to her own devices, the woman could wolf down everything with no problem. Her stomach was a seemingly endless pit.

"How gracious of you," she quipped as Charlie offered up one of the pastries bought with her own credits.

She considered each option, then settled on the custard version as the most appetizing selection - the Echani couldn't wrap her head around bean paste as a dessert. However, just as she reached down to pick out a pastry, Charlie jerked away.

Right at the moment, a pie eating contest had just been announced.

Oh dear...

"Hmm...I take it that you'll be wanting to check out the contest?"

JxXwLrt.png

[SIZE=10pt]Jyoti was learning her apprentice better as time passed. The woman was truly aware of how her padawans ticked, it was a blessing that Charlie could convince the woman to take her on as a student. She held the red bean paste filled pastry and in the other hand the bag of treats that she had picked out for the other padawans. Her feet shifted nervously as she knew she should drop them off with Epistor and the others. Still, the thought of the pie eating contest was now the forefront of her mind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“I do, I think I can win the prize.” Turning her attention back to Jyoti she smiled and hesitated on going over. She felt like a child waiting for her mother to follow her into the great unknown. She was an adult for the most part, but still being out here in the real galaxy was scary. Tython was safe, she knew what was out there and here she had no idea. Once again after taking a few moments to eat the paste filled pastry porg, she grabbed Jyoti by the hand again and dragged her over towards the gentlemen. Though first she needed to give the treats that Master Nooran had bought the padawans. Looking over towards Yuroic, Charlie smiled sweetly to the man and handed him the bag of pastries. “Can you give these to the other padawans. I’m going to go win the pie eating contest.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]With that she continued to move towards the man that was yelling and the woman with the hands on her waist. “Master are you going to try and eat the pies? I’m literally the best pie eater, it will be futile to try and beat me.” Pride beamed from the young Charlie as she boasted about her pie eating talents. “There’s no one who can eat a pie like me.” [/SIZE][member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Epistor"]

JxXwLrt.png

With another small bow of her head--this time in slight embarrassment and declination rather than in greeting--she said, "I am a few years past the age wherein gluttony is acceptable, but perhaps we can find some other delicacy to enjoy in moderation. I have seen many...interesting snacks, so I am confident we can find something fitting for all of us." The young woman was not knowledgeable on the many species that the galaxy had to offer, other than the very few she had seen at Silver Rest, but, at this point, she had conditioned herself to no longer be surprised. She had been told she gawked--her--and she had quickly resolved that would not do. Still, she was curious about her company, from Tyluko's slick rostrum to the speech processor that usurped the position of a mouth on Oomy's face.

She glanced back to Thonro, putting her quizzical nature aside. "Unless your mind was set on this contest, glike. In that case, I would succumb to your wishes over mine." A kind smile succeed Epistor's speech, indication that she truly wanted to make this relatively trivial decision into something akin to a democratic vote.

~ [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] ~ [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] ~

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
JxXwLrt.png

Thonro looked back up at [member="Epistor"] with a smile. "I think we should all get snacks! Their are lots vendors over there, so I bet they will have stuff that we will all like!" and suddenly the boy was running off towards the stands as fast as he could, his excitement radiating from him. Tyluko just shook his head with a smile, "That little one is always on the move." He thought to himself. He then looked up at Oomy, placing a hand on his metal shoulder, "Oomy would you mind running after him?". The B1 responded with a nod before quickly running off after Thonro.

Tyluko smiled as they ran off, he then looked at Epistor with a friendly smile and asked "Shall we go catch up with them?"

OOM-7795 (Oomy) Yuroic Xeraic, Jyoti Nooran, Charlie, Epistor

Yuroic watched as the others headed to the pie eating contest. Years ago, when he first arrive at the Order from Nar Shaddaa, half starved and with constant hunger, he would have wiped the table with anyone. Nowadays, he didn't eat much and wasn't as big of a sweet tooth as others seemed to be. He decided to take a wander and explore more of what the stalls had to offer, even see where his Padawan might have ran off to. His hand ruffled his long hair as he thought about whether or not it needed cutting. The ragged look suited him well, at least in his opinion and he was certain the beard would stay till he died, no matter that Jairdain wasn't the biggest fan of it. It tended to make people see him one way to start then they would be forced to change their minds when he actually revealed himself.

As he wandered the stalls, his eyes scanned for familiar faces or those he might have seen around the Temple. He was still wanting to get to know new people but admitted that sometimes just a quick hi was all he could deal with. The large number of people around reminded him of Nar Shaddaa, though fewer people, the small moon crammed as many as possible into tiny spaces. His eyes gazed over several wares, nothing that stood out to him, at least nothing he could warrant haggling for.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Charlie"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

It was the smell of that glorious steak, the sizzling meat and fat wafting through the air that proved so tempting. It would have drawn any carnivore, and the Togruta was no exception, following her nose to the stand manned by the Gungan. Blue eyes surveyed the sign worriedly, she knew she shouldn’t eat all of it, order all the steaks but it just smelt so good! “Umm…I’ll take the Filet Mignon done Medium Rare please.” If you were gonna have a steak, you might as well go for the best you could manage right? It made sense, you could get a lot of meat, or you could get quality meat. The Padawan fished her credits out of her pocket, passing them over to the Salesman as her gaze flicked around the market, alighting on the form of her master standing a few stalls away. One more stop after this she thought, she did have something she wanted to buy. She let a bright smile touch her lips as she looked back at the Gungan. “What kinda sides do you serve?”

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
"So da person whosa nose issa da most sensitive on disen station wants a medium-rare filet mignon? Yousa will get fries and a small salad as well"

It's all too clear just how sensitive [member="Asaraa Vaashe"]'s nose is to the Gungan's eyes. While the chef in the back of the booth is cooking a medium-rare filet mignon, aware of how Ugohr even presented her as having a very fine nose, at least for meat. Of course, he knew that some people ate medium-rare or rare and feel it's better, but sometimes, someone's stomach could be so delicate that it required a higher level of cooking. He knew that customers came in many shapes and forms, so he knew that Togrutas were a little, well, carnivorous. But, for all the luxury afforded by steaks, it meant that Pizza Hutt locations serving steaks were forced to stock vitroceramic china - the same material that is used in the hot plates used to cook the steaks on, just different in how it is used. And, of course, finer cutlery than fast-food level. Once the tray with Asaraa's filet mignon was ready to be served to her, the Gungan realizes that more orders for different cuts of steak were coming up, thanks to Asaraa actually coming to his stall for a steak. If da most sensitive nose also have a sensitive taste, then shesa will get oursa steaks a good start for usen, for thosen Squibs and all da others. Disen a steak shesa will return for, the Gungan thought, while he had to juggle steaks and their cuts.

JxXwLrt.png

Nodding and smiling back, Epistor replied, "A sound plan. We shall."

As they meandered after the young boy--Epistor did not see reason to run after him--they were flanked by an abundance of food stalls serving a variety of foods. This section of the caravan was quieter than the bazaar and slightly less colorful than the carnival, but compensated into its unique smell. What exact scent wafted through these streets varied based upon what sorts of carts occupied each, but it was never unpleasant--just maybe a little overwhelming, especially so for one such as Epistor, whom had no idea what many of these food idem were.

"Interesting..." she mused. All the different recipes that she had observed on her short walk easily outnumbered those of the plates traditional to Sargus Novis. "There are so many choices. How ever does one decide?"

As she asked, the padawan was drawn to a stop. She waved back to a Ming Po tender manning a cart that had thin, grey steam rolling out of it as something cooked. "I can catch up," Epistor offered, not opposed to her fellow learner's company but not wishing to drag him around against his will. She neared the cart, and greeted the cook, "Best of afternoons, lady."

The display consisted mainly of entrees such as pho, soup dumplings, rice triangles, and sushi trays. The latter idem she gawked at, taking time to inspect from all angles. "It is...so colorful." If she had not know where she was, she might have thought this an art piece.

Epistor took another long moment to look over her options. She did not lack the bravery to try new things, in fact she craved new tastes, but also realized the importance of caution when sampling new cuisine. Still, she wanted to find a safe middle ground, between something completely bland and something upsetting to the stomach. The rice triangles looked to her like a good choice.

"I will take three of the hand pies," she ordered while fishing around in her coin purse for the appropriate amount of credits.

~ [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] ~

ZxyvAMS.png

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME ALL AS TWO OF OUR FIGHTERS WILL BE STEPPING INTO THE PIT ON THIS DAY!

Today, we've got a newcomer from a far-off world. But this may be his debut and his finale if he isn't careful! Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... Jonathan Siegner!"

Josh made sure that the mask was on tight as he would undo his braid, letting his golden blonde hair fall down past his shoulders. It was a bit chilly without his shirt, but a light flick of his wrist and his body temperature would heat right back up thanks to his mastery over pyrokinesis. Maaaaan... Maybe "Jegnorr Scaleblade" would have been cooler, he thought. But it was about being practical, not sounding cool. He could hear screaming in the audience, and he was once again made aware of the fact he had no shirt. "Shmi would lose her poodoo laughing about this..." The Jedi would mutter under his breath as he would step forward. A much larger man would step forward, a blue-skinned Chiss with a hulking build, who was even bigger than him. And Josh was no small boy.

"AND HIS OPPONENT, YOU KNOW HIM, YOU LOVE HIM, THE BLOODTHIRSTY CHISS SAVAGE, GIVE IT UP FOR ZEVRAN!"

Well, so much for something family friendly. But it seems every family friendly carnival had it's dark secrets. No wonder they were recruiting... They had run out of fighters who were willing to fight someone who forgot that this was meant to be for fun. This Chiss, as they stepped forward, would come face to face with the Jedi who was a handful of inches below them. Probably not where it counted but when it came to height, the difference was clear.

"So, they finally found someone to entertain me?" The Chiss would taunt as the anticipation would begin to build in the air.

"I'm pretty sure this is a family friendly carnival. Is this really about you?" The Jedi would taunt, a small smirk crossing his lips. The Chiss didn't seem to be happy about that, as he would scoff.

"This is about me, boy. The people love me, they love me especially with what I do to smug punks like you..."

"They won't remember you when they go home."

That seemed to hit a nerve, and the Chiss would snarl at him. This was a very different experience from past experiences with this man's race, he thought. They were usually calm and calculating... This one almost seemed like he had been raised in the woods.

"Remember folks, keep it clean! No killing, no weapons, and no magic of any kind!" The announcer called out in a way that almost seemed like it was a reminder to the Chiss not to do what he'd done... Last time. That probably should have been intimidating to the Jedi, but he remained calm nonetheless.

"BEGIN!"

The Chiss would move quickly, faster than Josh was expecting. The Jedi Master would narrowly dodge a punch, and I really do mean narrowly.

The Jedi could feel liquid in his hair, and he was about to wipe it off when he realized he had no sleeve. Josh would quickly back up from a second blow as he would pinch the drip of liquid that hung from his bang, coming dangerously close to his face. The liquid burned to the touch and the Jedi would growl lightly as he would wipe it on his pantleg. Using his senses, he was able to gauge quickly what he was dealing with. A poison of some kind? Wasn't that illegal? And where did it come from?

Dodging the next attack with a move to the side, he saw it. A needle that was cybernetically attached to his wrist. No weapons huh... He supposed that what they didn't know couldn't hurt them. But it was clear that he needed to finish this quickly. He had been considering giving them a show, but... No. This had become much more dangerous than he had originally envisioned. He had planned to come in, have a little fun, put in a good show for the crowd and come out having made some credits and freed some slaves. But this had become far more serious than that. He was legitimately in danger here if he didn't get in a good shot here and now. Having poison injected into him could prove to be incredibly dangerous, if not fatal. And it was clear the judges didn't know... Or just didn't care. He'd apparently been let off for something once, after all.

"Come on, is that all you've got for me? Are you scared?" Zevran would taunt as he would lunge for another blow. This time, Josh would focus, allow himself to wait for an opening... If he timed it just right...

He would move just a bit to the right to avoid the blow, noting the movement of his wrist with each punch that was meant to try to inject the poison. With that, he would slam his fist straight into the gut of the shirtless Chiss. The crowd was in silence as Zevran would double over in surprise from the especially hard shot, spitting out saliva in excess as it was knocked out of him. The Jedi would stare for a moment before taking action to end this quickly, throwing their head down and slamming his knee into their skull with a hard knee strike. The attack would send them sprawling to the ground as Josh would step forward. The Chiss would growl, and spit at him before attempting another shot.

"It's done" Josh spoke calmly as he would move to the side, and drive an elbow into the back of their neck. It was a mercy shot, intended to get the KO quickly now that the prior shots had opened the opportunity for him. With that, he fell flat, and it didn't seem like he was getting up. The crowd was silent for several moments, before beginning to cheer.

"WOW! THIS NEWCOMER JUST FLATTENED ZEVRAN! WHAT A MATCH! YOUR WINNER IS JONATHAN SIEGNER!" The announcer would call as Josh would stare down at Zevran for a moment and shake his head. It was a shame, he had a good spark, good charisma. This was meant to be a good, fun sort of thing to entertain people, not an underground pit fight. This guy could have done this well if he'd just abided by the rules.

Perhaps he could make that clear...

He would lean down, and pull Zevran up. The Chiss was just beginning to regain consciousness, when the Jedi would grab him by the collar, surprising him.

"You have a way with these folks. Fight right" Josh would growl. He wasn't angry, but he did know how to make it seem as though he was. Zevran was clearly surprised, and now a bit afraid by the looks of him. "No more of this" He warned, pointing toward the poison needle. "You don't need this. You're plenty tough on your own, I saw how you took those blows. Remember what this carnival is about... And realize you don't need this chit. Until then... You're just a pathetic sham who can't even win when he cheats."

With that, he would shove the Chiss back after that hard reality check. Harsh, perhaps. But Josh was an instructor himself... He knew when a bit of tough love was necessary. This was one of those times. As he would walk to the back, the guy from before was quick to meet him.

"Hey, hey! That was great, kid! You've got a bright-"

Josh would hand the mask to him.

"My assortments, if you may."

"Yes, yes, of course! But we haven't had someone come to these with that level of strength, and that level of calmness in some time! And you've got this aura to you, with that mask, that the people like! Why don't you-"

"I'm not interested. I have a family to take care of. Thank you for the offer."

"I see. We'll return your assortments in a moment. While there's no pay for winning, as this was all in good fun, I do want to say thanks for the show."

Josh simply shrugged, and waited for his things to be returned to him. Once he was back in his gear, he would make his leave, but not without paying a visit to a certain few folks...

The slave trader and his friend hadn't left, thank the Force. They stood there, mouth agape. It seemed that this turn of events had caught them both off-guard as he would approach them.

"I won our bet. My credits... And the slave controllers, if you may."

The two would stare at him for a moment... Before one of them would begin to scowl.

"Wh-no! Hahaha, this was just a pretend bet! We were just fooling around, y'know, and besides! Ya cheated! Ya knew you could take Zevran, you can't just walk in here and-"

The Jedi stared a hole through him in that moment. His expression was still just as stoic and without emotion as before, but the way he stared at him unsettled him in some way, and he would begrudgedly hand over the credits. The other man, the slaver, didn't seem to want to make the same mistake, and would hand him the controllers.

"Thanks for betting. Maybe we can do this again sometime" Josh would joke lightly as he would then turn to the slaves, as their master and his accomplice would get out of there, muttering something about getting away from these weirdos and this crazy place. The mother and her child would bow their heads as the mother spoke.

"We are pleased to serve you, my Master-"

"No."

This stunned them, as they stopped, staring at him wide-eyed. Josh would hold out the controllers, before hitting buttons on them both. The mother and child's eyes widened as though they were preparing to be zapped and fried in that moment. But instead, the implants would come undone, being visible in that moment as Josh would remove them once they were sticking out. With that, he would drop the implants, and the controllers, to the floor. They both stared at them for a moment before Josh would stomp on them, crushing them under his armoured boot.

"You're free now."

"Wh-"

"Go. And take this."

Josh had considered using the money to better feed his family, but... They would manage. It was a hefty haul Josh had made, and it would have been nice to be able to have some extra money, but... They could live without it. They lived comfortably enough, and Shmi and Jason were happy. So he was happy. These people needed the credits more.

"But sir, this is several million-"

"And it's yours. Get a ship off-planet and start a new life somewhere. Or your old lives, whichever you want."

The woman seemed awestruck, but eventually would bow her head.

"Bless you, sir. We won't forget this!"

As the woman and child would rush out, Josh would stare down at the destroyed implants and remotes with a look of disgust for a moment before walking out. He'd bet a mountain and come out with just what he'd bet, and nothing to show for it. But he'd done something he could be proud of. He'd call that a success.

For now, he was content to enjoy the carnival. Perhaps next time, he'd take Shmi and Jason here... Was it too late for Jason to get dropped off here perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom