Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come One, Come All [SJO Dominion of Hex AD-31]

Oomy chased after Thonro as the boy slipped his way through the crowd. The boy was looking at all of the food stalls with wide, youthful eyes full of wonder. Oomy shook his head "I used to be a commander within the droid armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems and now my role has been reduced to that of a baby sitter.". The young boy had finally stopped at a ice cream stand that was run by a Talz wearing an apron and a little cap. The Talz looked down at the boy with a kind look in his eyes and then gestured up to the list of flavors that they offered. Oomy finally caught up to the boy, kneeling down beside him "Thonro, its is unsafe for you to be running off through the crowds by yourself. You could have gotten lost."

Thonro looked up at the B1 "I am sorry Oomy, I was just excited. Can you get me ice cream though! Please!" The boy begged.

Oomy looked down at the boy and let his shoulders drop with a mechanical sigh. "What flavor do you want?"

"Jogan Fruit please. With Sprinkles!"

Oomy walked up to the Talz. "Can I have one scoop of Jogan Fruit Ice cream" He then looked back at Thonro's smiling face and then shifted his gaze back to the Talz "With Sprinkles".

[member="Epistor"] [member="Tyluko Dubykee"]

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
As Tyluko walked through the crowded streets alongside his fellow learner he could not help but be amazed by the wide variety of foods from across the Galaxy, each dish representing multiple species, cultures and planets. Tyluko was still rather naive when it came to his knowledge of the larger galaxy. But he hungered to know more and learn as much as he could. Well....he also hungered for food.

Just then [member="Epistor"] asked about how one was ever to decide what to eat with all of these choices.

Tyluko smiled "It's incredible. There is such a variety here, and each dish represents a different culture and people."

As they strolled down the way his fellow learners attention was caught by a Ming Po manning a cart. She waved to Tyluko telling him that she would catch up. Tyluko nodded and continued to walk away and whilst he walked he continued to look around at the variety of options. He kept scanning the signs until something caught his eye, a bright blue sign that spelled Cuisine From Under The Sea. As Tyluko approached he noticed a Quarren wearing some sort of eye wear preparing a fish for cooking. As he got closer the Quarren looked up at him, suddenly taking off his eye wear and leaning in to get a closer look at him. A smile eventually crept on to the old Quarrens face, his tentacles wriggling in excitement. "Well I'll be do my old eyes deceive me or is that a Dolphinarian I see before me?"

Tyluko smiled kindly at the Quarren, appreciative that he was able to recognize his heritage. "Your eyes do you well, I am indeed a Dolphinarian."

The Quarren smiled at him again and looked to somebody in the back of the stall "Hey Tiktaal we have a Dolphinarian customer!"

A reply came from the back "Oh is that so? You better not be pullin my fins you old cephalapod!". Suddenly a navy blue colored Mon Calamari emerged from the back with a grumpy expression. However as soon as he caught sight of Tyluko his expression shifted to that of excitement. "Well shut me gills. You are a Dolphinarian, just like the pictures in museums and archives of Coral City."

Tyluko smiled back at the pair of them, small tears forming in his eyes. "I am happy to meet you both"

The moment Epistor was handed her little styrofoam box, she took a tentative bite out of one of the triangles. Not one familiar taste passed over her tongue, but it was all very good nonetheless. The athlete let out a pleased sigh. "You should be very proud," she praised as she began to backpedal away. "My lady, thank you."

As promised, Epistor meandered though the crowd, following the general path that Tyluko had taken up to the seafood stall. She stopped a few paces away from him, a respectful distance, and waited. In the meantime, she continued to munch on her chosen snack as she glanced idly around at her surroundings. A smile graced her lips when her gilded eyes landed on a far-off Thonro and Oomy. Whatever the latter was getting the former looked, to Epistor, very strange. ...And who was its server?

Epistor stood up on her tiptoes in an attempt to get a better look at the yonder scene.

~ [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] ~ [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] ~

The Padawan couldn’t stop herself from hopping from foot to foot, as the smell of cooking meat filled the air around the stall. Her blue eyes flicked past the form of the Gugan to watch his chef preparing her meal as she flicked her tongue over her lips, a bright smile on her face. “You know, I’ve seen people serving all kindsa food at a market, burgers, pizza, pastries the lot. I’ve just never seen anyone serving steak out here before.” She accepted the tray containing her steak as she inclined her head in thanks to the salesman. “I dunno whose idea this was, but thanks, best market day ever.” It was but the work of a moment for her to grab the utensils offered, her knife sinking into the barely cooked meat, slicing a sliver off the steak and bringing it to her lips, her face morphing into a look of pure bliss as she bit into it. “Awesome.”

[member="Ugohr Poof"]

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
And now everybody wanted their steaks, now that [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] was eating hers; Asaraa would realize by now just how many people would actually come for steak, especially since, in her own words, "[they saw] people serving all kinds of food at a market, burgers, pizza, pastries the lot. [They] have never seen anyone serving steak out there before". Predictably, clients from carnivorous species tended to prefer rare and medium rare while clients from omnivorous species preferred higher donenesses. So he made a thousand credits from the sale of steaks in the time it took the Togruta to eat hers. Looks like this strategy of differentiation worked here, and maybe Asaraa would like the recipe, knowing that she is an ally he could trust and she had no commercial interests, at least as far as SIS knows it. She will realize, upon leaving the station, that her holomail box will contain a filet mignon recipe so that she could cook more steaks like the one she just ate. But he also checks his stocks of raw steaks: Poodoo! Because of disen Togruta, wesa no longer have steaks left to sell! he thought, before putting up a sign that says "Steaks sold out" on it.

Thonro smiled from ear to ear as the Talz prepared his frozen treat, the furry being humming away as he worked. The boy was practically bouncing up and down with anticipation and excitement. Oomy placed a metal hand upon the boys shoulder in an attempt to get him to calm down but that didn't seem to work too much. The B1 just shook his head at what was going on, and then returned his gaze to the Talz. The Talz gently dipped the cone within a thing of sprinkles, the tiny candy layered across the frozen treat like rainbow snow fall. He then took the cone and extended it to Thonro with a kind look in his set of 4 eyes. Thonro graciously took the cone and beamed a smile at the Talz. "Thank you very much!" He spoke as he started to taste his frozen prize. Oomy then payed the Talz the appropriate amount of credits and ushered Thonro away from the stand. The boy waved back at the Talz happily who waved back in reply.

"Are you more satisfied now?" Oomy asked.

"Oh yes! Thank you so much!" Thonro replied with a smile. He then proceeded to wrap his hand around Oomy's. Oomy looked down at the boy and gently rubbed his head with his spare hand as he proceeded to lead Thonro back towards Epistor and Tyluko.

As they made their way through the crowd they eventually made their way back to where Epistor was. "My apologies Miss, the young one had a desire for sweets" Oomy said to Epistor in reference to Thonro who beamed a smile up at the padawan before happily continuing to eat his ice cream. Oomy looked around, "Where is Master Tyluko?". He eventually spotted him over near a sea food stand conversing with a Quarren and Mon Cala.

"Ahh, I see why he went there. He always loves to talk with people from his home world, helps him stay connected with it and its people i guess."

[member="Epistor"] Tyluko Dubykee

Tide Bringer (Protector of Mon Cala)
Tyluko continued to converse with the Mon Calamari and the Quarren enjoying the chance to be able to converse with people from his home world. Back before he was put in stasis, back when the Dolphinarian people still thrived, Tyluko was always taught by his father how important it was to converse with the other residents of the watery planet. Important dignitaries representing both races would often visit his village in signs of friendship.

The Mon Calamari reached out and shook hands with Tyluko "Pleasure to meet you, I am Tiktaal and this old conger is Loerr". The Quarren bowed in greeting.

Tyluko bowed to the both of them "Nice to meet you I am Tyluko Dubykee, it is a pleasure to talk to some natives from Mon Cala."

Loerr smiled at him "A pleasure indeed and a Dolphinarian no less. We are both glad to see that your people have still managed to survive after all this time"

Tiktaal nodded in agreement "So what brings ya here lad? What ya doing in this corner of the galaxy?" he asked stroking the barbels on his chin.

"I am here as a member of the Order of the Silver Jedi. We are here on a pleasure trip. I am attempting to make better relations with my fellow Jedi."

Tiktaal's eyes grew wide and he grinned at the Dolphinarian "Ahhh a Jedi huh? Always an honor to meet a defender of the galaxy."

Loerr chimed in as well "An honor indeed. So what brings you to our humble seafood shack?"

Tyluko smiled humbly at the pair. "I guess I just was hoping to get a little taste of home."

Tiktaal smiled at him " Well then you came to the right place my cetacean friend. Allow us to whip something up for you to remind ya of the good ol cerulean planet."

The two bowed and then went into the back to whip something up. As Tyluko waited patiently he looked back at his companions and gave them a polite smile. He could hear the two aquatic aliens conversing and arguing in the back while they worked. Whatever they were making was creating an odor that made Tyluko's stomach grumble. After a few minutes the pair returned with a dish, they then handed it to him.

Tyluko smiled as he accepted the dish, it was fillet of Mon Calamari Reef Fish layed over a bed of sea weed. Bits of squid meat was also layed in strips across the fillet of fish. He recognized the dish, it was an old Dolphinarian recipe, commonly made around time of festivities. Tyluko's eyes began to water a bit as he took a bite, filling his heart with joy as he thought back upon the legacy of his people.

"Thank you....so much" Tyluko said with a smile.

Loerr smiled at him, "No need to thank us kid, we are glad you like it. It has truly been a pleasure to meet you."

Tiktaal smiled and nodded in agreement "Hey kid, best of luck in your Jedi training and please feel free to visit us when ever you are back on Mon Cala, we natives gotta stick together."

Tyluko smiled at the both of them and bowed to them "Goodbye my friends, blessed tidings."

As Tyluko walked back to his friends he continued to enjoy his meal. When he reached his companions he bowed in greeting. "My apologies everyone, I did not mean to hold you up."

[member="Epistor"]

JxXwLrt.png

She followed Charlie to the site of the of the pie eating contest, several rows of covered tables stacked with an assortment of cream and fruit pies. There was a large crowd gathering around the tables, and a line forming at the front near a podium, presumably participants.

Charlie started to boast about her pie eating skills. While it was true that Charlie could pack away a ton, she had made a mistake with her boasting. For the Echani was hyper-competitive, and couldn't resist a chance to beat someone at their own game.

"Heh. We'll see about that. I also like my fair share of pies."

She gave Charlie a pat on the shoulder, the stepped in line to sign up for the competition. Master and apprentice were about to go head-on in a most unusual fashion.

[member="Charlie"]

JxXwLrt.png

[SIZE=10pt]Frowning, Charlie watched as her Master lined up as well and prepared herself for the contest. Jyoti thought she was the best at this, when Charlie was going to dominate the competition. The pat on the shoulder seemed to be the usual thing for Jyoti. It was something the woman had done several times and Charlie wondered if it meant anything. Looking around, she wanted to see if any of the other masters did that sort of thing with their students. Shrugging, Charlie didn’t think about it much more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“You’re confident, it will be very nice to beat you Master.” Grinning, Charlie reached out and patted Jyoti on the shoulder just like she had done previously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]“Care to make a bet?” Charlie was wanting to make this a bit interesting. Hopefully she could weasel out a bet from the Master. Charlie began to dream of the possible winnings she could get out of the Master. Hopefully she could get a weeks worth of dinner or something like that. Her day dreaming continued as she followed her master in the line.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][member="Jyoti Nooran"][/SIZE]

Epistor smiled at the battle droid. "Ahh, nonsense," she said. "It is quite alright with me."

Then she kneeled down to be more level with the small boy and gestured at his ice cream. "What a strange sweet," she pondered. The texture looked slightly unappetizing to her, and confusing because she could not quite decide what state of matter it represented. But it was making Thorno happy, so she tried to think nothing of her own reservations.

Once Tyluko returned to the group, Epistor stood up again. "Worry not. You did nothing of the sort," she reassured him, "and, even if you did, connecting with one's kin is a worthwhile thing to make time for.

"What shall we do now?" she continued. "A game, perhaps?"

~ [member="OOM-7795 (Oomy)"] ~ [member="Tyluko Dubykee"] ~

When it raines, it pours.
ZGqQBXG.png
[member="Kiran Arlos"] [member="Cassius Droma"] @any others present​
Samara had passed through the carnival area as she wasn't one to go on rides nor play the games of chance offered. It looked though as those who were doing so enjoyed the experience as hoops and hollers of delight could be heard as well.

Next, the apprentice healer ventured past the food stalls. The delectable aromas made her mouth water and stomach growl for the carni favorites, but sheer will power helped to avoid being sucked in to eating the excess.

Soon enough the honey blonde came to the center stage area that had chairs set up to watch some scheduled entertainment. There were still a few empty seats for the next performance, but of course they weren't easy to get to; being in the middle of a row.

The honey blonde had just begun to walk down the center aisle when some poor audience member farther down was being spotlighted at the moment and asked to participate as apparently there was an opening in the show due to an unexpected illness.

Sea green orbs quickly searched for the closest open seat as Samara didn't want to draw attention to herself... But with the Vorzydian's luck, she tripped in the process and landed in someone's lap.

Oops?!

JxXwLrt.png

"I'm very confident," she confirmed, smiling growing larger. "You're not the only one that can pack away the twinkies."

Jyoti was a foodie, and enjoyed baking and cookie in her free time. Though she didn't quite care much for the junk that Charlie seemed to like. Except for Swiss Rolls, those were one cheap chocolatey confection that she could always enjoy.

"A bet, hmm? You sure you want to want to rub in your loss like that?"

The line continued to advance until Jyoti was in front of the lead table with Charlie. She was handed a numbered patch to stick on her chest. She tock the patch and started to unbutton her top coat in preparation for the coming event.

[member="Charlie"]

Charlie nodded, she was quite sure she could beat the Master at the pie eating contest. Even though she probably had already eaten her weight in food, Charlie couldn’t fathom Jyoti being able to eat as much as she could. Taking her number, she placed it on her chest and sat next to Jyoti. The whole time she thought quietly trying to figure out the best prize for her win.

“When I win, you have to make me dinner all week! Anything I want.” Smiling, Charlie really couldn’t think of anything beyond that and she really didn’t know if the Echani woman could even cook. Remembering this minor detail, she looked back over. “Though if your cooking sucks you should just take me out to cool restaurants on different planets that I haven’t been to yet.” There was an advantage to the latter part of the bet, Charlie would be able to see outside of Kashyyyk and whatever planets the SJO decided they were going to work on.

Looking around, Charlie could see the others sitting and taking their numbers. The pies were being rolled out and distributed in piles. A happy little grin remained displayed on her face as they got to her and Jyoti. The pile was placed and Charlie hummed with happiness. The Carnival was amazing and winning this pie eating contest was going to be icing on the cake. While they still handed out the pies, Charlie turned back to her Master, “So what do you wager if for some magical reason you beat me?”

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom