Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech LS4 Cavalier Flex Tube Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxresdefault_2.gif

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create an ordnance launcher for future submissions.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Missile Launcher
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: Any type of missile, torpedo, or bomb.
  • Ammunition Capacity: Low
  • Effective Range: None [Dependent on Ordnance used]
  • Rate of Fire: High
  • Stopping Power: None [Dependent on Ordnance used]
  • Recoil: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • The LS4 Cavalier features a fast reload system that allows for its payload to be loaded quickly, allowing for the consistent firing of volley after volley.
  • The Cavalier can be loaded with virtually any type of missile or ordnance, provided that they are of a size that can be equipped by the launcher's ship and fired by the launcher itself.
STRENGTHS
  • Anything Goes: As its name suggests, the LS4 Cavalier is designed to be able to fire a wide variety of ordnances, including but not limited to proton bombs, concussion missiles, proton torpedoes, and cluster missiles. This allows starfighters equipped with the flex tube launcher a great deal of variety and ability to adapt to a mission's requirements.
WEAKNESSES
  • Starfighter Hold: Due to the fact that the Cavalier is designed to be installed on starfighters and similar-sized spacecraft, the flex tube launcher is not able to carry an exceptionally large payload of ordnances, limiting to a degree the use of the launcher in combat.
DESCRIPTION
Roble Manufacturing's fourth iteration of a missile launcher, the LS4 Cavalier Flex Tube Launcher takes on a very different role than previous models, designed to be an extremely flexible option for installation on Starfighters and similar-sized craft. Able to fire or launch a wide variety of ordnances, including cluster missiles, proton torpedoes, concussion missiles, and proton bombs, the Cavalier allows fighters installed with the launcher to have a lot of room to select whatever ordnance best fits the parameters of their engagement or mission. However, the small ammunition capacity of the Cavalier limits the maximum payload that a single launcher could carry, requiring starfighters that operate as a bomber role to equip multiple launchers or include a larger bomb hold in order to be able to effectively fufill their role.

Last edited:
Hey so this looks really good overall. I had a couple of points that I'd like to bring up for additional clarification.

First, you've given this weapon the Classification of Missile Launcher, but listed the Ammunition Type as 'Any type of ordnance.'

I would suggest, just for clarity's sake and to avoid any possible misunderstandings later, that you alter the Ammunition Type to something like 'Any type of missile or torpedo,' since you wouldn't be launching things like blaster bolts or rail ammunition from it.

Second, you've listed both the launcher's Effective Range and Stopping Power as N/A. All submissions need to conform to the Factory Template for the category they are in.

Effective Range
: (Effective range in relation to the weapon type. Remember that a carbine will have a longer range than a pistol, an assault rifle longer range than a carbine, and a sniper rifle longer than an assault rifle. Choose from
None, Point Blank, Personal, Average, Long Range, Battlefield, and Extreme. Battlefield and Extreme will require justification in strengths and weaknesses.)

So you would need to choose "None, Point Blank, Personal, Average, Long Range, Battlefield, or Extreme' for this section. I would suggest given what you are trying to go for writing something like 'Effective Range: None (Dependent on the weapon being fired).

The same issue also exists for the Stopping Power section.

Stopping Power
: (How powerful the weapon is, in relation to its class. Choose from
None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, and Extreme
. Very High and Extreme will require justification in strengths and weaknesses.)

Again, I would suggest writing something like: ''Stopping Power: None (Dependent on the weapon being fired).'

If you could address these areas and tag me once you've done so, I can send this off for final approval. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch! Thanks!

Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr

Nice catch on the ammunition type, changed to reflect that it's a missile launcher. I took your suggestion and replaced the N/A with None (I changed the wording slightly to be a little more succinct, but if it doesn't work just let me know). What I'm wondering is, the previous rating balancing that I used was assuming that those two categories simply didn't exist in terms of balancing; now that they are listed as None, am I allowed to bump up other ratings accordingly?

The short answer in this case would be no. Detailed below is my long answer/reasoning:

So I've come across this little grey area myself as someone submitting a piece and at that time it was explained to me that simply not having something doesn't automatically count as a weakness for the terms of balancing. In this case, the missile tube doesn't have a stopping power or effective range because it's just the launcher and reload system for other weapons that do have both those things.

So while the Factory Template requires that all submissions use the specific wording of None rather than N/A, even though they basically mean the same thing, that does not automatically allow one to increase other ratings if it doesn't make sense to the submission. In this case, those categories (as you stated and correctly thought) just don't exist and as such don't factor into the balancing of the technology at all.

If you wanted to play around with the ratings some more, you'd have to use the rating categories that do exist for this submission which includes: Size, Weight, Ammunition Capacity, Rate of Fire and Recoil. As well as Production.

So if you want to make any other modifications in these areas before we move on to final approval you're free to go ahead. Otherwise, let me know if you want me to kick this upstairs to the next level of approval as I am happy to do with the submission as it is now. Thanks!

Alban Roble Alban Roble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom