Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Cianalas - Recovery and Preservation on Lao-mon (Vonnuvi Jedi + Friends)

Huffing for a moment, Vulpesen leaned back from his perch until he fell off, flipping to catch his feet on the forest floor. Thankfully, his elevation had helped him both avoid the splash of acid, and spot the damage the monstrosity had caused. As such, he made his way to Gatz as soon as he had recovered from his landing. "Hold on!" he called out Valery Noble Valery Noble as she and the others started towards the newfound structure. "We've got a man down!" Maybe it was his instincts as a soldier that had kept him aware of the state of his compatriots.

"If anyone has experience healing, now might be a good time to step up. I'm a dab hand, but its far from my specialty."
He knelt down by the fallen jedi and moved his hand over the injured leg, pouring the force into the wound to help mend the wound. "Don't worry, kid, I've seen worse. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've survived worse." As amazing as the stone structure was, it could wait. Knowledge was a fine virtue, but it was nothing compared to the wellbeing of those he sought it with.

Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar Amani Serys Amani Serys Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

EKir0y1.png

Inanna’s question was answered by cries of pain and shouts for them to wait. Some of the wounded looked to be in worse shape than others. They would need immediate medical attention. “I hope the communication tower back at the base is repaired,” she muttered, taking out her comlink and trying to find a signal.

Come on, Cato…

Amani and Valery had just turned toward the structure, when word went out for medical attention. She spun back to see Gatz, along with a few others, dealing with wounds. The padawan seemed to have it the worst, so she went to him first. It was almost amusing to hear the request "If anyone has experience healing" given Amani was literally the Chief Healer, but it was hardly worth dwelling on when one of their own was suffering acid injuries. She knelt down and immediately began to apply curative Force energies to Gatz's leg.

Meanwhile, at the camp, Cato had managed to get the comm tower working just in the nick of time. He had just climbed down from the pole when his com link began to ring. He snorted, and picked it up, "Yello?"

Screenshot_2024-02-12_at_9.07.45_AM.png

Lao-Mon
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys Inanna Harth Inanna Harth Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar Vulpesen Vulpesen

There was trouble.

Valery snapped around when Vulpesen called out and frowned when she spotted Gatz on the ground. She didn't move over to him, however, fearing she'd just get in the way. The Chief Healer was with the group, so if anybody was able to patch him up, it'd be her. She needed to trust her friend.

"I'll stand watch just in case more of those ugly things show their faces." She didn't feel any danger or darkness approaching, but she knew better than to assume safety right after an attack like that.

The others had their own parts to play in what happened next.

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Weapons:

Tag: Amani Serys Amani Serys Valery Noble Valery Noble Inanna Harth Inanna Harth Vulpesen Vulpesen

Gatz groaned as he began to come to. Bleary eyes saw only shapes and colors, one of which was predominantly green. The other shape seemed pale in comparison, and his addled mind couldn't figure out who or what was looming over him. It was only a few moments later, when the stinging pain in his leg forced his mind to wake, that he was able to identify Master Serys-Organa and Vulpesen kneeling over him.

Right. Force Healers. Working together to save his leg, after he'd bungled things up again and got himself hurt.

"Well," Gatz croaked, "if I were to rank that pain on a scale of one-to-ten, I'm gonna go with a 'fucking ow!'"

That being said, between a veritable Force Druid and the Chief Healer herself, Gatz could feel how swiftly his leg was knitting itself back together. He looked down at it with a sense of amazement, even through the itchy sensation of the fibers of his skin regrowing at an accelerated rate. This is what he wanted to learn. Not hitting things with an oversized glowstick, or walking through walls, or shatterpoints.

But this: the ability to save a life. Or, in his case, a limb.

"Between this world, and New Cov, I've decided that I hate jungles. They're bad for my health."

Even in pain and discomfort, and after having faced the scariest looking creature he'd ever seen, Gatz's bad humor prevailed.

EKir0y1.png

This is Inanna with the expedition team, requesting immediate evac of wounded,” she rattled off, registering belatedly that it was Cato who had picked up. “Acid burns, mostly. But we found the ruins. Those of us still fit will continue the mission.

The stone floor inside the ruins was wet and slick. Inanna braced herself against the wall to avoid slipping, gradually adapting her feet to have a better grip.

I sense we have company,” she said, keeping her voice low. “They must’ve gotten here ahead of us…

With Valery keeping watch, Amani was able to focus on her work in full. Gatz soon came to attention, quickly making sure everyone knew how he was doing, "Yeah, acid tends to feel that way." Thankfully they'd managed to sterilize it before it could melt through everything. Otherwise, Gatz would probably have to be looking into a fresh metal leg in the immediate future. "Can you keep going? Or is it too much? There's a team on the way."

This is Inanna with the expedition team, requesting immediate evac of wounded,

"Roger," Cato continued professionally, though in his case it was clearly exaggerated. His smirk was practically audible through the radio, "We'll send an extraction team to your location ASAP. Thanks for choosing Vonnvui Medical Services." Soon after, a small shuttle would blow over the canopy, letting down a rescue team on rappels. With effiency they set to work helping the injured up into the shuttle, laying out harnessed cots and tending to any emergency injuries.

Once the mess outside had been dealt with, the remaining group made their way into the ruins proper. Amani stepped lightly, keeping her balance on the slick stone floors, "Hopefully they aren't expecting company." It would be nice if they could maintain the element of surprise, but there was no telling how information had traveled. If there had been any scouts or watchers when the Vonnuvi arrived. She large ship was at a distance now, but it wasn't exactly inconspicuous.

Vulpesen grinned at Gatz's continued humor. If nothing else, that in of itself was a good sign. Of course, with two powerful healers working on keeping his leg from falling off, there was certainly reason to be joyful. Despite his age and practice however, Vulpesen was quick to realize just how much Amani's skills outclassed his own. His skills in healing were rushed, meant to keep a man alive on the battle field before moving on to the next fight. He wasn't a doctor, he was a medic. Quickly, he fell into the duty of repairing the more severe damage, relieving the more serious damage while allowing the Jedi's chief healer to dedicate her efforts to the more delicate processes of stitching the leg back together.

"Sounds like you need to spend a bit more time in a tent. Natures good for ya. At least, it is once you learn how to not let it eat you." With his work done, Vulpesen patted the padawan on the shoulder before rising to his feet and heading to the ruins. The slick ground was a bit perturbing as he didn't particularly relish the idea of fighting on such unsure footing. "I think I'll leave introductions to y'all." Focusing the force into himself, he shifted his shape more radically than even the shi'ido that was in the party. Shrinking down and bursting into winged black fur, Vulpesen would take the shape of a pythros to flutter around the heads of his companions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom