Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Superweapon Rule

*RUNS INTO THREAD SCREAMING AND ON FIRE*

But why are people allowed to blow up planets with the force (with permission of course)
THEY'RE NOT ALLOWED THATS WHY THEY HAVE TO ASK PERMISSION AND WHEN THEY DO WE JUST SAY NO. AHHHHH THIS HAS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED.

Fatty said:
Velok destroyed a star
LITERALLY AFFECTS NOTHING AHHHHH I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN

Fatty said:
As it stands, being given permission to destroy celestial objects or causing Superweapon level of destruction has no down side for the one who causes the destruction.
LITERALLY NO CHARACTER OTHER THAN EVENT CHARACTERS HAS EVER BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO BLOW UP A PLANET AHHHHH. ASHIN MIGHT CLAIM HE DID BUT REALLY, I JUST TOLD STAFF TO IGNORE WHAT HE DID ON RHOMMAMOOL AND WE'D QUIETLY MARK IT NON-CANON BECAUSE VERY FEW PEOPLE CARED AHHHHH ITS SO HOT.

Fatty said:
site history has shown that on a whole people will not actively seek out people who commit Superweapon level destruction that isn't an event... so why not make it a requirement to get those people to do that?

SITE HISTORY WILL ALSO SHOW THAT WE DON'T FORCE PEOPLE TO DO THINGS THEY DON'T WANT TO DOOOOOOO AND THIS IDEA, WHILE IT SEEMS NEAT, IS EXTREMELY LOW PRIORITY AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER MAKE IT INTO THE RULES BECAUSE IT JUST DOESN'T MESH WELL WITH WELL, ANY OTHER RULESET PREVIOUSLY PUT FORTH BY STAFF.

STAFF WILL NOT SOLVE ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS AND THIS CAN LITERALLY HAPPEN ON IT'S OWN. IF YOU WANT IT TO HAPPEN, YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN AHHHHHHHHHH.

*slumps over on the ground, sizzling and still on fire*

*twitches*

[member="Tefka"] Lol, that is quite literally the funniest response I have ever seen from you

Sorry guys, I think I broke him. :p

My apologies Tef, I didn't realize this. Although I did make mention that for the proposed rule they would obviously have to already comply with rule 6.

Also, I thought you gave permission to Apparatus for Donanyd?

You can close this if you want, it was merely a thought I had :)

*pours tea on Tef to put him out*

The idea of any character being a super weapon unto themselves is frankly ridiculous. If you think your character is that powerful, then you're doing something wrong.

Palpatine had to build a moon sized weapon to destroy planets, and he was arguably the strongest force user in star wars (and certainly the strongest in the movies).

I think a lot of this stuff would be solved if we had a means of people finding out about these things. Like you would think someone orbitally bombarding a planet or committing genocide would be felt around the galaxy by lightsiders and OOCly people would hear about said thread. But you'd be surprised how many people (if they aren't apart of the faction) never notice.

That's why I always thought a Galactic News Forum would be kinda neat. Pretty much, RPers submit a short blurb and link to a major event that is occurring like the Genocide of Togoria or the current Sith Crusade purges of Dorin and Cularin. And then a staff member approves it and pastes into the Galactic News Feed. So pretty much everyone OOC'ly at least is caught up with the big news that is happening. I feel if such a thing existed this rule would come into action naturally as people would react and then try to resolve the events that are occurring - of course in an IC orderly fashion, they can't just jump into said thread and try and save the day.

Darth Hauntruss said:
That's why I always thought a Galactic News Forum would be kinda neat. Pretty much, RPers submit a short blurb and link to a major event that is occurring like the Genocide of Togoria or the current Sith Crusade purges of Dorin and Cularin. And then a staff member approves it and pastes into the Galactic News Feed. So pretty much everyone OOC'ly at least is caught up with the big news that is happening. I feel if such a thing existed this rule would come into action naturally as people would react and then try to resolve the events that are occurring - of course in an IC orderly fashion, they can't just jump into said thread and try and save the day.

+1

I've been told I should know about so many events that are like, huge, but I've never heard about because I can't read every thread ever. And often times it can directly affect what you're doing in a thread if people are like 'wait, you didn't know?' and you're like 'was I, uh, was I supposed to?'

Sarge Potteiger said:
+1

I've been told I should know about so many events that are like, huge, but I've never heard about because I can't read every thread ever. And often times it can directly affect what you're doing in a thread if people are like 'wait, you didn't know?' and you're like 'was I, uh, was I supposed to?'
You have the SWRP Chaos Wiki on skype

[member="Raziel"] Nah it was a serious thought I had. I had no idea what kinda reaction I'd get out of it, but I'm glad I had it if that's how Tef reacts! lol :p

[member="Raziel"] Well to be fair I read a comment about him breaking the rule about superweapons, and that's what got the ball rolling in my head :p

Anja Aj'Rou said:
[member="Fatty"]

I like the general idea of this but nothing's stopping anything suggested here from already happening. Or at least I think there's nothing stopping it?

I'll actually rip a quote straight from Tefka. "The rules aren't restricting you, you are."

I've always found it odd that nobody has ever come after Larraq for the destruction of Dromund Kaas. While the man may have gone to great lengths to hide his name from record and blame the fate of the planet on the Sith Lord that had been charged with defending it (and promptly fled), and the Mandalorians are not the type of people to give up one of their own.. he televised the orbital bombardment of the capital planet of the Sith Empire and the murder of billions of civilians. Everyone across the galaxy had a front row seat to the event. Dozens of asteroids measuring hundreds of meters wide were slammed into the planet at a speed of 74,216 meters a second after nearly six hours of in-character time spent accelerating towards a planet. No power-mad ego trip through the factory produced this destruction, nor was it the abuse of the Force or the exploitation of a rule. It was just... math, roleplaying, and the purdue university asteroid impact simulator.

And not once has he suffered negatively for his actions. No individual, to my knowledge, has ever gone out of their way and attempted to put two and two together. I had expected an angry mob at his door and the Galactic Republic demanding he appear in court for charges of War Crimes and genocide... But... Nothing. In Character, Larraq carries around a small chunk of asteroid in his breast pocket to remind himself of what he did. And for years, he had recurring nightmares about it.

But... That's all.

Fatty said:
Except that now if you blow up a planet using your abilities that aren't technologically designed superweapons, with this rule you are REQUIRED to also be part of (I didn't want to say host, cause events are hard to administrate) an event where the focus is either killing you, severing your force connection, punishing you for your actions, etc., through IC means.

That's not a requirement under these rules... in fact anyone can blow up a planet using the force, or drop a shipyards onto a planet without any repurcussions. Why? Cause no superweapons were used.

This ends with this rule, because if you cause superweapon destruction, now YOU are the superweapon, and must abide by the applicable rules.

I have no problems with Larraq being labled a Superweapon. While we're at it, we can just go ahead and enshrine my E-peen in the Lore Codex. "The Story of Larraq. Biggest **ck on Star Wars: Chaos."

[member="Captain Larraq"] Oh yeah, I also had you in mind for this.

Unconventional destructive superweapon-level tactics like that are exactly the sort of stuff that I think need some means to have someone get taken down.

Under current regulations, it appears that people like you have been able to cause this massive amount of destruction without questioning from staff, which leads me to believe that this is acceptable. This also leads me to believe that it should continue to be allowed, but with a consequence such as I've state before.

Although, if the Flaming Tefka is any indication, I'm not so sure that this is going to see the light of day ever again :p

Fatty said:
Under current regulations, it appears that people like you have been able to cause this massive amount of destruction without questioning from staff, which leads me to believe that this is acceptable.

Keep in mind, nothing is ever unfixable.

Terraform, Rebuild, Re-Colonize.

There is technology in canon starwars and existing on SW chaos that is capable of terraforming a planet in months. And as for rebuilding? Jawa's need jobs and there are dozens of companies that make construction droids and equipment. And when it comes to repopulating... between clones and a weekend on Zeltron, I think we'll be fine.

*shrug*

I think that, overall, the reason there is no real IC actions taken against individuals who blow things up a little too well... is because... if anyone really took OOC issue with it, it'd have been reported and an RPJ would have had an opportunity to tell the individual to knock it off.

Also, I had no idea there was a Togorian genocide past the first time. I saved them the first time, and would have shiped my tailed end back to save them the second time. Dromund Kaas, took me weeks to hear about that. [member="Captain Larraq"]

If nothing else, I think big events like that need some sort of MAJOR notification to the site. But I will say this... I think we're blowing up a bit too much stuff... We only had a few major planetary/genocidal incidents(not counting the Nihilus thing) over a span of 3,000 years in Star Wars

Vulpesen said:
We only had a few major planetary/genocidal incidents(not counting the Nihilus thing) over a span of 3,000 years in Star Wars
Prior to 3000 BBY there were at least one instance of genocide, planetary bombardment, enslavement of species, etc, every couple hundred years, especially leading up to 3000 BBY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom