Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Superweapon Rule

6. You may not destroy a celestial body (sun, planet, moon, etc.) in the SWRP Chaos Galaxy without prior permission from the SWRP Chaos Board Owner.

7. Superweapons are restricted to Staff-Approved Events and must be destroyed prior to the end of the event.

*8. Characters who destroy a celestial body must be subject to a staff-approved event focusing on the removal of potential superweapon capabilities.

*Rule Suggestion in green.
*Conciseness credit goes to Silara, thank you! :)

Hello all!

My name is Fatty the Founder, and I just had a thought earlier today that I felt like sharing! First off, I would like to say that this is not reactionary to any particular event, but I have seen and know of several abilities and manners in which worlds or global populations can be summarily decimated by one individual character.

My goal in suggesting this rule addition, is not to hamper the atrocities that happen around the galaxy, or to further complicated stories that don't need further complicating. My goal here, is actually to expand the stories that these atrocities create, and to give a decent weakness to the capability of single handedly destroying an entire planet or planetary population.

So then what does this rule actually mean to you? Well I'm sure all of us have at least heard of the force ability, force storm, that with the right hands had the capability of annihilating an entire planet. Or perhaps that force ritual the Sith Emperor used in the Old Republic game that absorbed the souls of everyone on a single planet? Yo'gand's Core, a vong technique to smash moons into planets? In site canon, have you heard of Donanyd conducted by Darth Apparatus? The Genocide on Togoria conducted by Kaine Zam-ahurugurh, sorry DARTH HAUNTRUSS and HER accomplice Kaine Zambrano? Druckenwell? The Druckenwell Lite that happened on Corellia before Akala smashed it up, initiated by Aiden Cater? It's pretty clear that a lot of people can lay claim to the ability to destroy massive populations on a celestial body scale, using either the force or unconventional weaponry that can't really be classified as a Superweapon, unless a character through his control, command, or natural intelligence turns it into one.

But who's to stop them from doing the same thing over and over again, save for reporting them, or Staff just flat out saying no? Why has no one IC done anything to stop these lunatics? That's the point of this rule, to provide a medium in which horrible atrocities committed by characters can be held accountable for their actions, and removed of this power, or punished for their use of the power. This is to make the destruction of a celestial body more important a character committing the act, as they now must deal with the fact that if they do, there will be repercussions of them. They don't have to acknowledge them IC, but in the OOC they must be aware they can't just destroy a planet because it's cool and looks good on your character's resume.

It also has the added benefit of hopefully discouraging people from learning ridiculous higher echelon near-deity force powers... or it might encourage it, I dunno. At least in this way however, it becomes far more regulated.

TL;DR: If you want to blow up huge things or swathes of people all over a planet, think twice because I'm suggesting that if you do this with Staff's permission, you also got to be part of an event where people hunt you down to hold you responsible, and either remove you of the ability to do it again (force sever, death, etc.), or punish you for your crimes (in the case that you already no longer hold the ability to repeat your actions).

What do you guys think?

The Genocide on Togoria conducted by Kaine Zambrano and his accomplice Darth Hauntress?
Accomplice? ACCOMPLICE?! I take offense. That was all orchestrated by ME. Jeez.

Also ironically enough I imagined the Jedi would swarm me and punish me for my heinous massacre of Togorians for my blood ritual....but nobody showed up. *shrug

As for mass destruction. I tend to use it ONLY when it makes sense in IC. The Togorian Genocide and the current Sith Crusade Purges are all a part of a larger plot and are HEAVILY spaced out. Togorian genocide was to blood magic Hauntruss' original form (also I made it very clear I didn't "wipe the race out" genocide isn't planet wide).

I have nothing against your idea Fatty, I like it actually, just wanted to clear that up :)

Also THIS --->

Why has no one IC done anything to stop these lunatics?

THIS TIMES INFINITY.

[member="Fatty"]

[member="Darth Hauntruss"] Ya sorry, I knew I botched that up when I put it down, but I put down anything memorable to me that at least had the connotation of the event tied to this mass-destructive business :p

[member="Fatty"]

If this gets accepted, I'd be half-tempted to create a superweapon and all that business along with engaging in the whole disarmament thing just for the (theoretically) awesome roleplay which would ensue. The only thing stopping me is the fact that none of my characters have the motive nor the means, and I highly doubt the admins would let me do something "just for some rp lulz".

Besides, I'm much too lazy to create an efficient superweapon. It'd probably just be something that turns bacon into rocks >.>

[member="Fatty"]

>.> <.<

*Runs off and makes an OP MG'ing Overlord to create the Baconator Eliminator of Death and Destruction and Unattractive Rocks (aka the B.E.D.D.U.R.)*

Matreya

Love the idea. Lol as Zaiden, I went to...kark...I believe it was Val'halla, probably wrong, and initiated a total wipeout so I could create an army of Zombies. It worked to.

No one hated it. Not. A. Single. Enemy.

They hated the army. Not the genocide.

[member="Fatty"]

I like the general idea of this but nothing's stopping anything suggested here from already happening. Or at least I think there's nothing stopping it?

I'll actually rip a quote straight from Tefka. "The rules aren't restricting you, you are."

Except that now if you blow up a planet using your abilities that aren't technologically designed superweapons, with this rule you are REQUIRED to also be part of (I didn't want to say host, cause events are hard to administrate) an event where the focus is either killing you, severing your force connection, punishing you for your actions, etc., through IC means.

That's not a requirement under these rules... in fact anyone can blow up a planet using the force, or drop a shipyards onto a planet without any repurcussions. Why? Cause no superweapons were used.

This ends with this rule, because if you cause superweapon destruction, now YOU are the superweapon, and must abide by the applicable rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom