Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chaos Upgrade: Map Edition

Link For The Lazy: http://starwarsrp.net/map/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nr8hPnZfMU​
THE NEW HOTNESS

3d34d7c0a4d80b0974525f7cb6468e11.jpg

Map Navigation Bar:

16776f37efee8300d5a7c94128cda368.png

Functionality:

1. Ability to update the map quicker.
2. Retain multiple maps.
3. Search function for planets/markers/etc.
4. Provide metadata for planets/markers/etc.

Questions:

1. Yes, it's a work in progress. Plenty of planets are still missing.
2. Yes, we plan to add more maps to the software, like Netherworld or Companion Galaxies.

3. Yes, I'm aware there's no coordinate function currently, it is a planned feature.
4. No, I'm not planning to add features like hiding elements on the map, or extrinsic stuff like adding hyperlanes at this time.
5. Yes, I'm taking suggestions, so long as they're serious and are not covered by the points layed out above.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
@TheimmortalTefka

Future planning, Could there be a system implemented where when invasions are declared the Hex that is UA is displayed with the two colors of the factions (E.g. ME white lines with CIS Purple lines in the hex) or would that be to much work?

[member="Tefka"] - I know I've probably mentioned this in discord, but that map is damn smexy and has me really excited for when I finally get to toss my vanity project all over it. You and the site staff have done a wonderful job!

I know that the Map's still a WIP and what I'm about to ask may be a tall order in the grand scheme of things; but is it possible to add in another hyperlink beneath the linked wookieepedia article for canon planets that have codex-approved submissions? Just so all the data regarding a planet's history with Chaos is easily accessed through the map, and etc.

I would think the best way to do it would be to link to Chaos write-ups. Since canon planets require links to the Wookiee page, anyone who wants to read the wookiee article can visit the link included in the writeup

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Bunker-level Normal
This is a great addition to the site. I hope to see steady progress to keep filling out the map, and I'm excited by the prospect that this means the map could be updated more regularly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom