Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Changing How The Community Decides Who Wins/Loses An Invasion

Asemir Lor'kora said:
In other words, the question is why are there objectives if they contribute nothing to the victory decision?)
To provide goals and structure for the Factions to pursue during the role-play. Doing free-for-all roleplays get repetitive, sometimes objective-oriented roleplays are needed. But objectives still make everything PvP.

We can take away judging duels but keep objectives in, and people will still stop losing duels because to lose a duel means losing the objective. It's a terrible dance that contributes to godmoding, OOC drama, salt, etc.

I accept your cognitive dissonance as a worthy sacrifice for what I'm trying to accomplish.

[member="Tefka"]

Nooooo mah cognitive dissonance!!!1one

I get what you're trying to do. I think [member="Braith Achlys"]'s solution is good. Changing that one sentence alleviates any cognitive dissonance and makes it work.

Once an Invasion nears it's completion, the SWRP Chaos Staff Team will be privately contacted and a Role-play judge will be assigned. If either faction does not concede, the Role-play Judge will decide the victor.

Braith Achlys said:
A suggestion, if it matters much, but we could reword this instead of "will not be considered when" to be something like "will not be the deciding factor when". It provides the illusion that objectives and stuff matter, whereas they really only offer marginal advantages if a faction did better in the fields marked here.
I went back and re-read this after Asemir's cognitive breakdown.

No, I won't be changing this line. Despite our need to make things make sense. Mainly because you're trying to provide that illusion, and I'm not. I don't need illusions to convince the community, and I don't need illusions to provide future confusion for our Judges.

I'm straight up telling you, the members, the Faction Owners, that it does not matter and will not be considered.

Your objectives, your pvp duels, your scoreboards, your point counting - none of it matters.

Just role-play.

Tefka said:
Once an Invasion nears it's completion, the SWRP Chaos Staff Team will be privately contacted and a Role-play judge will be assigned. If either faction does not concede, the Role-play Judge will decide the victor.
This looks good.

Considering the mess of the Torgoria invasion where it came down allegedly to 4 OS members trampling a GR one, I think this would be welcome relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom