Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Can't Say I Didn't Warn You, Huh? | Open to Jedi

db5791e045c23b4df5b8c5f5c3110d51730763b1.png

//: Ryv Ryv //:
9e0366b8be08cdab1c03169f930cd6803e7e1b90.png
Allyson listened to the conversations that were happening. It was as much as she assumed it would be. Everyone has an opinion, sharing it and then getting rebuttal or support. She caught Zaavik’s wave and half-smile; it seemed he was saved by someone else and preferred their company. Understandable, the Corellian didn’t bode much positivity from the other Jedi in the room. In a sense, she applauded the boy’s choice - he belonged among those like him.

Arms remained crossed as she listened to the Sword of the Jedi’s speech. It was probably the first time she had seen him since Borosk; even then, the events that occurred were hazy. All she knew was that he was there, and things didn’t end as well as she had hoped. Her attempts at memory lane were muddled as Zaavik decided to speak. She winced a little when the boy didn’t claim her as his Master - smart move on his part. If anyone harbored ill feelings towards her, he could have been on the receiving end of it. The spy did her best to bury those feelings and keep them from being gleaned from one of the nosier empaths in the room.

She listened and nodded along, hearing what she expected to attend. A message of good hope and faith, a statement condemning those that fought alongside the Sith, and finally no mention of the Bryn, but a note to take up arms with the Imperials. Brothers, he actually used that term after the Cold War. Allyson shook her head as she raised her eyebrows in disbelief. The Alliance was more in the pocket of the Imperial Order than she had wanted to believe. Even after the ruthless betrayal of the Sith brothers that had followed them from the Empire - in hopes of a new life or something like that. Ryv wanted to lead them into the slaughter pen with those traitors. Shaking her head, she decided it was time to leave, but something stopped her.

Instead of heading toward the door, the Corellian put her hands into her leather jacket pockets and stepped forward through the small pack in the back row. This wasn’t how she wanted to have her first run-in with the Kiffar Jedi, but it was going to have to do. She cleared her throat and looked at him. “Ryv.” She spoke; his name felt like cotton in her mouth as she shrugged her shoulders and continued. “I understand how much you’ve cared and fought with the Imperials through the war against the Sith Empire. You’re even pretty close with Iveric Tavlar, aren’t you?” Her intel was sound along with the conversations they had before this; it didn’t take a genius to know that Ryv Karis was closer to the Imperials than the SIA wanted to see their Sword of the Jedi be. She didn’t give him a chance to answer, but she continued, “Can you promise us that the Imperials won’t turn on us like they did the Sith that they tempted away with them when they left the Empire?”

The Corellian paused and glanced around the room to see the faces she had missed when she first entered. Most of them had fought on Bastion, on all the other planets as the Imperials brought the war to the Sith’s doorstep. She was there too; she had infiltrated, threw away everything important to her to attempt to destroy the Sith upper cloister from the inside. Allyson came home to nothing, she was brought home in chains, and almost every person in this room was ready to execute her, from her understanding. The Jedi were bloodthirsty; did that make them any better than the Sith or the Imperials?

“Sometimes, the sweetest words are the most poisonous.” A soft sigh, the words sunk deeper into her heart than she had wanted them to. The stories they had shared with each other, words that Tavlar could have said to the Kiffar boy, and comments that she had heard while losing herself undercover. Everyone had an ulterior motive, and that’s what scared her.

What were Tavlar and the Imperials’ motives for allying with the Jedi and the Alliance?

“We both know all too well the effects of sweet but poisonous words, don’t we, Ryv? So can you promise that the Imperials won’t slaughter us like dogs when they’re done using us for their war? That the streets of whatever planet they want won’t be littered with our corpses. Are you prepared to promise us this? If you are - then I’m with you, till the end of all of this or I die trying.”

Many spoke. All having the many thoughts I had mulled over. Evil is evil and it should be ended. However, siding with an Imperial government would mean we would be sleeping with the very people anyways. This Concord acted as a government within the Silver Jedi who aided them. The Concord wished to preserve itself with, or without the Jedi's help. However, I am very sure that they would prefer to have the Jedi on their side. While many would still fight with and for them, I don't think it would be on the grand scale seen many hundreds of years ago within the era of "Clone Wars."

More over, many spoke of the New Imperial Order as a group that could be worked with. As they were the only other Galactic player to seem like they wanted to kill and end the Sith as much as the Jedi did. The Confederacy was ran by many who were within the darker arts, and considered themselves a Sith by name. As such, looking to them would not be an ideal trade either for some. While there were neutrals, and Jedi within the mix, Many still questioned it.

Ryv, the Sword of the Jedi, spoke much of trying to create a rallying cry for which the Jedi could gather under one banner. However, I feel doing so was a little... brash of the man. I may be his younger, but this was a very delicate subject he entered in, and he was a Bull hoping to smash his way through with pretty words. Coren spoke little, but did have some to say.

Others were move vocal. Names were passed out and around. Even where they were from. Others chose not to do so. Understandable. Not to hide the bias they may have, but to protect themselves so that they would not be lumped in with the bias of others. Stepping forward, I held very little water in my hands with this subject. However, I still felt like these words needed to be voiced. By anyone.

"There is no win or lose choice we can make in this singular discussion we have. Joining forces with anyone, will cause others to question. There will be no one where who leaves without doubts of the actions others will take. It is within nature for us to question such things. As Padawans we are taught to question what we believe reality really is. Only to then have our minds broken with the introduction of the Force, and its infinite, and limitless potential."

A pause of myself while I looked to peoples faces. Seeing many that were much older than myself, while others around my own age, or even younger.

"Evil is evil no matter where it comes from. Pick the lesser of two evils. Side with questionable alliances, and allies. Stand up alone even when no one else will. No matter the path each of us take, this discussion, argument, bickering, or what name you choose, its going to end up with many put in harms way, and more having to give the sacrifice they may or may not be prepared for."

Looking down at my hands, Folded neatly underneath the robes I wore. Much like the statues as they stood in many temples. My head stayed low.

"We need a coordinated effort against both the Sith, and the Brynadul. If you wish to fight against the Brynadul, then go to Silver Jedi Territory, and help them all you can. Should you need aid, then call upon those who will come. Choose to fight against the Sith, join the NIO and the Galactic Alliance in their efforts to attack within the heart of these Fallen. Continue to question leadership, and the morals they choose. But don't stand in the way of your own like minded allies just because you may feel morally correct."

"I will offer myself to help any and all Jedi on the front line, in the medical bay, or shuttle transports. Not because I am a Silver Jedi. Not because I am a Green Jedi, not because I am Grey or any other creed. I aid my fellow Jedi, because its in all of our codes. Is it not the famous Jedi Skywalker who said not to put emotions before duty? To protect and defend ALL life. To use our skills and prowess to aid any who ask?"

I looked to the Sword, and the Grandmaster.

"Ryv, I will join you in fighting the Sith. Coren, I will join you in fighting the Brynadul. My blade is at your disposal. However, know that if any who follow you choose to back out, deciding that their moral compass is not in alignment with your own, then please, do not force them. Do not exile them. Do not ostracize them."

Looking to the others.

"They are not here to argue or bicker. They are here. Asking for you to lend them a hand in their respective fights. To rally together against two fronts of war. No matter what side of the front you choose. All they ask, is for you to do your duty as a Jedi. No one is asking you to forsake that. They are attempting to direct you towards the fight. To give you data, so that you can perform your fire for effect."

Mesh Zetnu Mesh Zetnu Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Ryv Ryv Shaka Sunstar Takui Takui Sapphire Cerulean Sapphire Cerulean Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl Tom Kovack Merrick Sato Dair Cotarin <inactive> Dair Cotarin <inactive> Auteme Auteme Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Kenth Ordo Kenth Ordo Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Takui Takui Karn Syndulla Karn Syndulla Syd Celsius Syd Celsius Emiery Athelon Tom Kovack Persephone Hero Persephone Hero Laertia Io Laertia Io

"For what it's worth, I trust the Imperials more than I trust the Sith."

Cotan spoke up in the silence as A+OM A+OM finished, stepping forward and placing a hand on Ryv Ryv 's shoulder. "You all know—or, at least, I'm sure you can guess, given the choice of locale and who used to run this area of space—that I'm not a fan of empires in general. I imagine all of you who've been paying attention the last few years don't have enough fingers, combined, to count the number of times that Coren and I have gone in together against the Sith and their imperial forces. Some of the ones we've fought against are the same people in the New Imperial Order now." He gave a small, rueful half-smile at that thought.

"But all the same, I trust that a group who ran out from under the wider Sith empire—and then commited their own Order Sixty-six against the other Sith that still tried to lord over them, just like in the one they ran from—are less likely to stab us in the back than the Sith. And I think they're deserving of the chance to show what they can be like, free of Sith control, rather than just tacitly legitimizing the Sith rule by agreeing to work with them, when all they'll be looking to do is take advantage of our weakness afterwards. Probably even during; how likely are they to actually step up and go to bat in any fighting, when they know that a bunch of do-good Jedi are willing to take the fight to the Bryn'adul for them?"

He let the question hang for a moment. He had his own suspicions as to what they might or might not do, and none of them worked out in the way that those who were willing to work with them were thinking. "Besides, Jedi and Imperials have a history of working together. Do you think the New Republic would have stood, and the New Jedi Order would have survived, if the Imperial Remnant hadn't stepped in to help the fight against the Yuuzhan Vong? What about their contributions to the original Galactic Alliance? What about Gilad Pellaeon, Imperial through-and-through, who became one of Luke Skywalker's most trusted allies and a good friend beyond that, who led the Galactic Alliance for a time, and then returned to lead the Imperial Remnant within it after retiring from the higher authority?" He nodded over at Allyson Locke Allyson Locke , who'd voiced her own concerns about what the NIO had done on Bastion.

"Who's to say they won't betray any of us if we work with them? I certainly can't. The Jedi have been betrayed left and right throughout the millennia by the governments they decided to work with. However, it's a fact—an absolute, undeniable, fact—that the Sith would betray any Jedi who agreed to work with them. Being open to the possibility of betrayal is wisdom, but allying with somebody you know will stab you in the back is folly. Take a risk, but keep your eyes open; don't just blindly hope that an outside threat is enough to stay the blade at your throat."

And, finally, he turned to Syd Celsius Syd Celsius and Laertia Io Laertia Io , to address them.

"None of us is claiming that the Bryn'adul aren't a threat; they're genocidal beasts out on the warpath, with no goal other than destruction. Even the Yuuzhan Vong weren't as devoted to destroying all life that wasn't them. I don't personally think it's worth trying to convince them to be other than what they've shown themselves to be. But I imagine you both know that if the Sith could cut a deal with them—let them take all of us in favour of leaving them be for another few months or years, whichever it is—they'd do it, immediately, and leave all the rest of the galaxy hanging, waiting to see whichever side won, and sweeping up whatever dregs were left behind trying to escape the war in the meantime. No matter what, we'd end up fighting a war on two fronts, regardless of whatever treaties or alliances were drawn up."

Something that had happened many times throughout history, from all of Cotan's study. How quickly had the alliance against Valkorion fallen into infighting, and then apart completely after he was removed? How quickly had the Lost Tribe of the Sith decided to abandon Luke Skywalker, going to the source of power that was Abeloth? For those that remained true to their agreement, how quickly afterwards did they return to trying to fight the Jedi, or run off, hiding, joining with Darth Krayt's Sith? Too many times, throughout history, had the Sith managed to lull the Jedi into an alliance, using the idea of a greater threat to enable it to happen, only to try and kill their ancient, most hated enemies immediately.

"Like I said, allying with the person that will always have a shiv to your back, hoping that the other threat will stay the blade that they lift to your throat, that's folly. Time and time again we've been shown that through history. We've had better luck working with Mandalorians than with Sith, and how many of them want to kill us all, for no reason but history's sake? But beyond that, raising your blade against your fellow Jedi to try and preserve an alliance with the Sith is absolute foolishness. If anybody chooses to help them on Dantooine, to actively help the Sith, who want nothing more than for us to fight amongst ourselves, destroy ourselves, and save them the work, is spitting in the face of every person they've ever stomped down into the dust, every person that we vowed to protect."

He turned back to the wider group, spreading his hands wide. "If any of you can't decide, can't reconcile between fighting the Bryn'adul and fighting the Sith—I don't blame you. If any of you want to step away entirely and protest the decisions made by the wider groups, I don't blame you. You'll have no judgement from me if you exercise the Right of Denial, and this station will always be a safe haven for you. But don't try to play one evil against another, because the only thing that happens is that you'll get torn apart right down the middle. We aren't dealing with swoop gangs, spice lords, and the like right now. Those are mundane threats. We're dealing with genocide on both ends, the only difference is that one has been, historically, a little more selective in who they try to wipe out and when."

Cassus stood on the periphery of the fray, often preferring to remain from the focus. Standing tall in his typically elegant posture, his white cloak draped him, seeming like a tent to those who chose to stand around him from his sheer size. He closed his eyes, falling into a deep trance of meditation, allowing the force to sift through the words that poured forth before him, seeking through to those that held truth. But it was difficult with Persephone Hero Persephone Hero there standing behind him, the chaos within herself masked well enough from others, but from Cassus the veneer was beginning to crack. He was experiencing what she experienced, albeit on a much-miniaturized scale, at least for now. It was a frightening prospect for Cassus who feared little. Being connected to someone in that way. . .

Nevertheless, he reached deep within the disciplines he had learned as a Jedi to call upon the Force for peace. Control. When centered again, he continued to let the Force guide him to wisdom. There was emotion astir within the chambers. Passionate voice hailing through the room. The reactions were mixed, chaotic. But he held through with his focus, the clatter peeling away. He found himself agreeing with points from the unlikeliest of characters.

Cassus was a guardian of peace, maybe even a soldier when the need called, but he was certainly no philosopher. And from that acknowledgment, as much as he found himself unwilling to admit it, from a tactical standpoint it may have made sense to assess the Bryn'adul threat and consider a ceasefire with the Sith. But that was not tantamount to allying with them. Keep defenses up nonetheless and give them no quarter to encroach upon them while that ceasefire existed.

"Just because we have a common enemy," Cassus began, his deep voice bellowing through to the other side of the room and echoing back at him, "does not mean that we have to create an alliance. Let us fight the Bryn'adul each of us on our own terms, priorities may be shifted from one another but that doesn't mean we consolidate, a ceasefire at best would be warranted. The Imperials may be misguided but they are not faithless cowards like the Sith." He thought he would leave it at that.

Last edited:

Tom Kovack

T
“If the Imperial people continue their struggle to bring an end to Sith tyranny, does your Concord expect you to defend that tyranny? Will you readily comply? If so, I'll see you in the war zone.”

Don’t worry, you won’t be seeing me in any war zones anytime soon, Tom thought glumly. He stared at Ripley Kühn Ripley Kühn with a grim, stubborn smirk and eyelids lowered to half mast in undisguised annoyance, not one to be threatened or cowed by someone who had so blatantly and painfully misinterpreted his views on the matter.

“Pretty sure I didn’t offer up my support for the Concord’s alliance with the Sith,” he said. “I think it’s just as horrendous as the rest of you do, but I also don’t think it’s going to last. As far as I’m concerned, let the GA and NIO keep hammering the Sith. Once TSE is gone, it’ll be the NIO facing the Bryn in whatever is left of those territories, and maybe CIS if they care enough to bother. It’ll satisfy NIO’s bloated war machine to have a new opponent to fight, and then this entire argument will no longer be relevant, because we’ll all be up against the Bryn anyway.”

The rest of the responses were much more invigorating. Tom’s words had merely stirred the pot which had been simmering long before he came along, though why anyone else didn’t bother to bring up the hypocrisy of the GA-NIO alliance before was odd. He could only assume it was because these damned conferences were more like echo chambers, full of people united by a common hatred of the Sith Empire. Dair Cotarin <inactive> Dair Cotarin <inactive> was the first to consider Tom’s side, while Allyson Locke Allyson Locke asked Ryv Ryv a question that he technically couldn’t answer, regardless of how deep his friendship with Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar went. Nobody knew what was really up with NIO, how long they would remain allies, whether things would sour once they no longer had a common enemy to fight. As eager as they all were to kill the wounded animal that was TSE, didn’t they all realize that once the Sith were gone, everything would be up in the air?

Tom sighed. He was sick of the Jedi acting like they knew everything, as if they could actually predict the future aside from the occasional cryptic vision. It wasn't like their connection to the Force gave them clairvoyance enough to be certain what was in the hearts and minds of their “frenemies” or the strangers they happened to be fighting alongside in any given battle they launched themselves into.

A+OM A+OM and Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor said the same thing, more or less: “Sure, I pledge to fight, but if anybody else doesn’t want to, please Sword don’t hurt ‘em.” Ostracism and exile was fine with Tom, who could barely wield a lightsaber, though he'd like to avoid it if he could. At least the Jedi didn’t imprison or execute dissenters… or at least, they hadn’t in the past. This new generation seemed much more ambiguous and morally undefined.

"If anybody chooses to help them on Dantooine, to actively help the Sith, who want nothing more than for us to fight amongst ourselves, destroy ourselves, and save them the work, is spitting in the face of every person they've ever stomped down into the dust, every person that we vowed to protect."

Tom winced and tried to hide it by blinking rapidly, passing it off as just a brief spasm, but his thoughts were on a friend from Silver Rest, Starlin Rand Starlin Rand . Starlin had pledged to fight alongside the Sith purely out of blind loyalty to his misguided master, Syd Celsius Syd Celsius . For all that he downplayed the precognition offered by the Force, the shiver that ran down Tom's spine at Cotan's words couldn't be interpreted as anything other than a subtle glimpse of the future—because Cotan would be the one to face Starlin in battle at Dantooine.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all fall in parallel
What Takui lacked in Jedi training, he made up for in observations.

He watched the others carefully, their faces and postures, their subtle hand movements and he listened to their voices. The room was a powder keg. For Jedi, who spoke about peace over passion, they had steadily spiraled. The nature of the Dark side of the Force was such that he understood their disdain, and their fervor. The Sith were the enemy, and that would never change. It should not ever change. There were other enemies, certainly, and perhaps other priorities, but the question that they came here to answer was a deeper one.

What do we dismiss, and where do we begin to hold others accountable?

"The Concord government has made its decision," Taku spoke up from his seat, not looking to anyone in particular. There were hot collars everywhere in the room, and the Padawan knew that cooler heads prevailed. Where Ryv brought blazing heat, Taku opted to bring a cool, refreshing breeze to temper the emotions in the room with peace. "It may decide that decision was poor. I hope that it does. I spent time training on Kashyyyk, and don't wish any of the Jedi there ill. However, that changes nothing about the fact that the government made the decision, and we have to decide how we wish to proceed."

The Padawan cradled his hands neatly in his lap. Friends of his still remained at Silver Rest, the Arkanian girl Desbre, the Nightbrother Jorah, that younger girl Casaana, and Aveline. If those Jedi were endangered, Silver or otherwise, he would want to see them protected. He hoped that all of the Jedi gathered in this place would feel the same. The line in the sand wasn't a line he wanted any Jedi to cross. There were those who undoubtedly would, and he would grieve that loss when it happened. Not before.

"Another fact that we've yet to highlight is that the Concord is a government. Governments are impermanent. The Alliance, the Confederacy, the Imperials- they're all the same. Dynasties rise and fall. All things are fleeting. It's life that's sacred, and that we care about. We are not here to protect democracy, we are here to preserve life."

In his studies, the youth had learned a great deal about the Jedi. He knew about the epoch of Revan, and the fall of the Order at Palpatine's behest. He learned extensively about Luke Skywalker, too. Particularly, he learned about the necessity of detachment both practical and spiritual. A Jedi had to train himself to let go.

Taku's bloodied hand reached up and tightened around his opposite bicep.

"The Sith, the Bryn'adul, whatever name it takes, I oppose atrocity in all of its forms. I will not protect the Concord. I will gladly protect its people."

Last edited:
"So you would leave all those people in the territory of the enemy to be slaughtered? Can't you feel the wounds in The Force? Because I do. I've felt them acutely for a while now. It is not fear that drives my actions but necessity." Laertia said, her icy but feminine contralto, iron posture and stony demeanor at odds with her street criminal looks. There was no mistaking the utter conviction in her voice: She believed every word she said...

"Take your Right of Denial and Space It..." Laertia said calmly to Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor without any emotion or humor, as though she were simply giving him directions to the restroom. "I will not throw down my Lightsaber just because you'd rather play Kissy-Face with people who clearly are not afraid to give Force Adepts an old fashioned Order 66. Hell, I'm almost embarrassed that Tom Kovack brought it up before we did. And whoever the heck that woman I can clearly smell Jedi Shadow on was that brought it up also. And you aren't dealing with Pelleaon. Do not conflate the Imperials of today with those of yesteryear. The Sith will always be Bastards. But they're predictable Bastards. I wouldn't trust Irveric Tavlar Irveric Tavlar as far as I could throw him, any more than I can trust the Sith. Why would the NIO even want to coexist with you after after the Sith are gone? I don't give a feth if they had a bad break-up with their exes, Karis! They still kept the 'Imperial' title! Since when is 'Imperialism' and 'Democracy' truly compatible? The answer? Never. Not in the end. You all act like we 'don't' want to kill the Sith. We do. But the Bryn'adul are the far more aggressive and currently dominant threat that are endangering every border, rapidly killing our finest warriors and threatening us with a massive economic crisis a couple of hours meditating somewhere with flowers and pretty birds isn't gonna fix the math of. You can divide your attentions all you like...when the Bryn'adul crush every effort you make to stop them because half of you wanna fight the Sith still, you will wonder what is so important about that feud when your worlds burn and your loved ones die screaming alongside you at the hands of Draelvasir, and there will be no Sith for you to blame for that OR heroically cast from power, because they will be suffering a fate very similar to yours, and they'll likely be wondering what was so important about that feud also."

Laertia raised her voice slightly, stepping out so she could be better seen.

"Forget what Ryv Ryv says. Forget what Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser says. Their path is the path of self immolation on the pyres built of their own honor. You wanna protect life? You wanna save the galaxy? That requires real sacrifice! Real pain! That requires you making a lot of really awful decisions to save planets from unremitting annihilation against an enemy that grants no quarter to any form of life other than itself, perhaps. But of course, by all means join Ryv and his NJO, and ignore the various Math Problems you'll start to experience. Enjoy your heroic fantasy. Enjoy it as much as you can, sticking it to the Sith, because when the Bryn'adul interrupt one or the other's moment of triumph and kill you both? Perhaps then you shall understand how "heroic" your fantasy actually was, siding with a man who thinks he can fight a two front war against such foes." Laertia said in a calm, icy manner.

"Don't side with us. We're just the messengers, nailing a letter to your front door. Side with the innocent people you can save by joining this strictly temporary compact." she finished.

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca

Takui Takui

A+OM A+OM

I just looked to the woman who seemed clearly not meant for politics, not understanding what was really going on.

Both were evil. Both needed to be brought down. And which one seemed like a candidate that could be quashed easily? The Sith. Coming off of multiple losses to the NIO, and the GA, hopping in to quash them then have total war on the Brynadul was a much more desired tactic. Yet this... Woman seemed to not understand.

It wasn't a fight of who we should fight. It was a fight of who we should and shouldn't side with. The Sith are a mortal enemy to us. We know they will betray us. Yet she still fought this idea. I'd rather side with someone who was questionable, and might work out, than someone I knew would jab a knife into my ribs the moment they could. Just a shake of my head. One sentence said out loud just because I was tired of the bickering.

"When did we ask for a messenger?"

EDIT: Fixed formatting

Last edited:
"You asked for a messenger, whether you knew it or not, the moment Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser decided to listen to the protests of his friends rather than the screams of the innocent. You asked for a messenger, whether you knew it or not, the moment Starchaser abdicated his responsibility in the face of sheer peer pressure, folding like a cheap wallet...a wise man told me once that the truth comes as a conqueror to those who do not embrace it as a friend. 'We' come to you as friends, telling you the truth of your position..." Syd spoke to A+OM A+OM , floating forward, some of the Jedi instinctively clearing away from her in spite of her Nineties Tia Carrere expy looks, simply because they sensed how unnatural she was.

"The Bryn'adul will tell you this same truth. But they won't be nice about it, like we are being. They'll tell you the truth in the form of deadly incendiary spikes fired from their weapons, which nearly tore the legs off my Padawan..." Syd answered curtly. "But the truth? I don't give two feths if you asked for the message or not. You're getting it. If you wanna throw it in the trash, that's on you. But don't blame us when your last image in life is watching yourself fall into a giant worm with the rest of your friends...we did everything we could to try and save 'you' AND 'them' by telling you with words what The Bryn'adul will tell you through their many genocides."

Good retort , her icy paramour said to Syd mentally.

I like to think so... The Revenant of Flames thought back pridefully, albeit refusing to smile...

"I am no friend of yours. Not have I asked you to be. No, you are a stranger stating your opinion as fact. Yes innocents die in war. Yes great men and women die in war. It is impossible for the Jedi to be in every moment of time to protect the innocent people. Anyone who believes that is fooling themselves. Nor is throwing their innocence out into this chamber going to change what happened."

Why was it these now two women seem to be stuck on the same idea? Almost as though they were the same person, but in two bodies. Well if one was the apprentice and the other a master, it shows an extreme amount of bias that many could consider to be "too close to the subject."

"Your message was heard, and it has been delivered. However, you two seem to contradict yourselves. Stating the message of the Sword and Grandmaster can be "spaced" yet your own message should be heard over theirs. I advise you watch your next words. Any further and you might start to sound like the Sith."

I just shook my head again with a laugh. If these two women who seemed older than I was, and were lost on a thread that pertained nothing to the discussion at hand. We already knew this information. The Brynaduls message had already been heard enough with the various worlds they had taken over. We are not children who needed to be scolded, nor told we have to listen to them. Yet so they did perform such actions.

"This 'Real Sacrifice' is only of your own design. You want us to join you on the front lines, yet act as though we are children who need to be told what to do. Don't patronize me. You expect me, to join in your fight with attitudes such as this? Please. Do not propose to be the judge of character, delivering your opinion as law, and state we have not provided sacrifices to your people. The New Jedi have aided you against the Brynadul. They have. Now you slander their name by joining forces with the Sith, conniving bastards who would sooner eat your children and stab you in the back with a blade, than join forces with you to further their own agenda."

Turning to the lady who first started this new tangent of the argument, I just gave her a cold stare before finishing.

"Message received, now be off to run more errands for the Concord."

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius Laertia Io Laertia Io

"You advise nothing." Laertia said calmly and icily to A+OM A+OM , who, as she expected to, dismissed the message. Fine. Laertia would dismiss her just as easily as the Bryn'adul would. "And you and this Jedi Order wouldn't be anything at all without the support of the Concord. Without the Concords approval we wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Maybe it is 'you' who should hold their tongue. Now run off and lick the peer pressure sweat from Starchaser's hands..." she replied. It disgusted her to no end how closed off they were. This was what she had been defending? A bunch of deaf fools who refused to see how precarious their situation was?

"All of you...so convinced you can have your cake and eat it too...how many worlds are the Bryn'adul gonna slaughter while you try and fight the Sith AND them? How many do they 'have' to slaughter before you realize they must be opposed by throwing every single ounce of your focus and resources to stop them, even if it means The Sith recover? Do they have to slaughter Coruscant itself? Do they have to destroy all life on Kashyyyk? Honestly, just what 'will' it take for you all to see that 'every' ounce of our strength must be used to stop the Bryn'adul? Does 'your' family have to die at their hands? My position is clear on this...a two front war will weaken us too badly. How many Jedi died at Yurb alone just holding them back? How many experienced warriors are we losing faster than we can replace? You try and fight a two front war like this, how long shall it be before you run so low you have to start throwing Jedi to the Bryn'adul and whatever Sith when they're barely trained? The Bryn'adul aren't going to politely wait for you to train Jedi. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to gather as much intelligence as they can on the temples in SJC space alone. You can kiss your peaceful Silver Rest bullchit goodbye if they make it to Kashyyyk."

It was like trying to evacuate a building on fire, but the inhabitants denied that there was even smoke. Laertia began to wonder why she had bothered trying to fit in amongst them at all...what was the use of trying to save these people's lives if they were gonna automatically assume its a trick of the enemy. Was Ryv Ryv simply that much of a flowery worded sort that it didn't matter what cold hard facts she stated?

"I don't defend the Concord. This isn't about the Concord. This is about not dividing our focus when one enemy isn't fighting to conquer, but to replace. Unsavory decisions must be made in war sometimes. This is about saving every society from the threat of total annihilation at the hands of Beasts who won't even want us for slaves if they win. If doing that means I get the cold shoulder from the vast majority of people here so utterly fixated on beating the Sith, so be it."

"Your fear and anger show much." Dair spoke softly, looking at Laertia Io Laertia Io and Syd Celsius Syd Celsius pointedly. "Your way or no way. That is what you will have. You fail to listen to a single person in this room other than yourself, and you dismiss anyone who will not go lock step into your way of thinking."

He paused a moment, breathing slowly and calmly through his nostrils.

"No one here is planning to let the Bryn'adul have their way with the galaxy. No one here is saying we should ignore the Bryn'adul. No one here has stated we intend to let any life expire without challenge." He raised a single eyebrow, looking between the two women. "You come here to tell others who have been fighting these wars that the way they intend to do it is wrong. That is entirely your opinion, though a valid opinion. What isn't valid, however." Dair looked away from the two for a moment, eyes glancing over some of the others assembled here. "Is telling everyone in this room that you know better than them. It is quite clear that you don't. It is clear because you have only venom for any dissenting view, you speak with a calm voice, yet your choice of words is as calculated as any makashi strike."

He looked back at the two, making eye contact and holding it with each of them.

"You both have long roads ahead of you, I suggest rather than continue squabbling about getting your way, you instead listen and help us figure out how best to engage the Bryn'adul and the Sith." He paused for a heartbeat, then continued. "That has been fairly clearly decided by the group of Jedi here, the topic at hand is how best to fight them."

Dair waited a moment, then turned to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor , and Ryv Ryv .

"We will need to cover both fronts and allow them to be mutually supported. We have agreed, for the most part, that the action of the Concord government is not something we can work with, but the two ladies here are correct that the citizens of the Concord will still need protection." He looked from side to side, taking in the New Jedi Order people on one side and the Silver Jedi on the other. "I suggest we decide on a series of forward operating bases to be supplied by the Alliance and any ally we can get, public or not. The most strategic will be near the closest points of Alliance, Sith, Concord, and Bryn'adul space, as bases there would allow reinforcing of either front. I am not up to speed on Alliance logistics, so do any of you three, or any others, think this is a possible solution or have other ideas?"

Lick the sweat of peer pressure from two men I only knew by reputation? Apparently she knew my life better than I did. Shaking my head, it seemed these two women would be set in their ways. Another individual spoke up. While I knew not his name, I silently nodded to his words. Almost thanking him with my eyes for intervening before I use the force to shut their mouths.

I had no anger in my heart. Nor resentment, or spite. Instead, I felt pity for these women who have been so burdened by their anger, venom and toxic viewpoint of the Jedi.

"The Silver Jedi are not the first, nor the last iteration of the Jedi. Putting all of your eggs in one basket will only net you disaster."

Another shake of my head. Using my index and thumb to rub the bridge of my nose. Trying to massage the headache that these two have wrought upon me.

"It seems of all the people who should be advising with a clear and concise mind, you are not one of them. I have no doubt that others here can feel the ebbing darkness within your heart. I feel the very items, weapons, and clothing you carry upon your person. Jedi in name you may be, but not of heart and spirit. You reach after your ambitions. Believing them to be just, true, and filled with heroics, yet you stumble after a blade of grass wilting in the wind.

"Your lack of understanding, your lack of listening to others and forcing your own opinion, while declaring that all should listen to you, shows everyone here, a severe lack of training in Form Zero, as well as holding one's tongue."

Looking over to Ryv, and Starchaser, I bowed my head to the both of them. Giving them due respect of people who have earned their ranks not in combat, but in their hearts for their efforts against all forms of darkness.

"As much as I would love to continue this discussion, I feel I will need to retract my earlier statement. Should Jedi who seek to ally themselves with the ideologies of the Sith, Attack our own kind, or outright act like children in such manner, Remove them from their positions of power to prevent unnecessary deaths among our people as well as the innocent beings of the galaxy."

"It seems I was haste in my judgement to ask for a second chance of the few here today."

if they're watching anyways

"Enough. Just... enough."

Auteme stood again. She seemed to make an aside to one of the other Jedi before she made her point. "Master Cotarin," she said, "Thank you for having the wisdom and the patience to try to make this discussion a productive one. I agree -- with the Alliance's continued opposition of the Sith and Draelvasier both, I don't doubt they're willing to support us. We can discuss specifics in a moment, but first-"

She reached into her bag, producing the deputy badge of the Judges of the Outer Rim. She raised it towards the two women at the back, the ones who'd been so disruptive to the discussion.

"On my authority as a Judge and as a Jedi Knight, I respectfully ask that you leave this station." Cotan probably found it at least a little funny. Auteme, though, was completely serious. "Since your arrival here you have done nothing but disrupt and railroad this discussion, forcing everyone to acknowledge you while you fail to listen to others. When you arrived you explicitly said how useless this meeting was and now you are starting arguments with people who have, indeed, considered your point of view and found it lacking, all the while accusing and insulting them for disagreeing with you.

"A Jedi should listen more than they talk. When they come to discuss they should do so with an open mind. Your antagonistic approach as made everyone here find your point of view as foolish and misguided. It is clear to me that you did not come here to collaborate or convince or learn but rather to oppose.

"You have said enough. You want to fight the Bryn'adûl. You are free to do so.

"Go."

Last edited:
"There is nothing heroic about what comes next..." Laertia said A+OM A+OM with the delivery of a glacier looming over all present, about to smash into their ship at high speed so that guy from The Basketball Diaries can make out with Kate Winslet in freezing water. "You don't know who I am, what I have been through, or just how much The Sith have hurt me over the years. The equipment you claim to sense as evil or some chit is simply the result, the reality, of my time as a Jedi Shadow and Syd's time as...Syd. Its equipment for killing Sith. It isn't meant to wipe the snot off someone's nose."

"We stand on the precipice of a slaughter. Questions of right and wrong at this point are academic. My intent wasn't to insult anyone. My intent is to make as many of you as possible understand your approach is suicide and spite. Accuse us of being in league with the Darkness all you like, that's what Jedi like you normally resort to to silence others telling you that you are wrong..."

Auteme Auteme spoke, flashing her badge, telling them to leave.

"Wow, you guys really can't stop kissing each other's asses, huh? Feth your badge, whoever you are, it carries no weight with me." Laertia said flatly, before ignoring her completely. "I've not done anything wrong by coming here. I came to try and save lives. To convince you to put aside your war with your rivals for only a short while. If I am aggressive, it is only because if I went all lovey dovey agreeing with you, playing along with your silly pantomime, you'd all inevitably come to the same conclusion you have already reached regardless--that you'd rather fight both at the same time, end of discussion. The rest would be merely the details of how to best execute your folly. You are the misguided ones. I will not be silent."

"Laertia..." Syd trailed. "They aren't listening...its like screaming into a vacuum..."

Laertia sighed. "You doom us all if you fight both at once. I have said my peace on the matter. I shall leave you to stew on the folly and death that will result of your foolish decision. I go to save as many as possible from the Bryn'adul, even if it means I am remembered as a traitor and villain by the vast lot of you. All of you, however, bear the greater dishonor. You want to save only who you feel like saving. You want to save only those you like."

Laertia spat at the ground, but teleported the gob of spit above Auteme's badge.

She then clasped Syd's shoulder and teleported them all the way back to their ship. The Shadow Bride disembarked, a machine of dread that flew a circle around the station exactly once in contempt before jumping to hyperspace...

"Oh no."

Simply speaking the words towards no one in particular as this lady, could somehow teleport themselves through places. Kind of seems anti-climatic with them stating the badge was meaningless, yet still left as asked. Accusing all who attended of defending only those we liked. In truth, we are to respect all life, and defend those who needed it. The Sith needed no one to defend them. Allying with them was a waste.

Seemed hyprocritical of them to state we picked and chose who we wanted to defend, yet they stated the Silver Jedi were some Savior. People who in the past, were known to perform acts that shook the foundation of Jedi Orders, and not in the good kind.

Turning to the others still left in the room, I spoke only one more word.

"Anyways."

"I really don't understand why she was talking so much about the Bryn'adul, when just a day or two ago she threatened to fight any of us who came to Dantooine to help out the NIO against the Sith. Am I the only one remembering that?"

To say that Cotan was confused and disappointed by the actions of Laertia and Syd would be an understatement. Also unhappy that she would disrespect and refuse to listen to somebody he had just deputised aboard the very station he controlled, but that was beside the point.

"All that talk about being willing to fight the Bryn'adul, even if it means that she's remembered as a traitor and a villain, when all we were saying was that fighting both is important, and it's only attacking other Jedi that would land somebody in the traitor and villain camp. Something that she outright threatened to do, and yet she thinks to lecture us about fighting a war on two fronts? She's willing to legitimize the Sith and every genocide they've ever wrought by fighting alongside them, while accusing us of being selective of who we save, the work we do, when she's going completely opposite of where the front against the Bryn'adul even is to help the Sith?"

Perhaps disappointed was too mild a term. Indignant, outraged, those might be closer to the truth, though Cotan was, as always, good at keeping his tone mostly level.

"Good riddance. We're going to have a hard enough time of things without letting somebody who's more than a few starships short of a fleet lambast us in a show of hypocritical self-righteousness."

if they're watching anyways
The spit, due to Laertia's own limitations, was teleported instead to the ceiling. Auteme put her badge back into her bag when they left.

Cotan's frustrations were warranted. In truth, it was a miracle that those two were considered Jedi at all -- perhaps their frustrations that the Jedi had become tainted and misguided were true in their own way. "Though listening to differing perspectives and keeping one's own mind open is important, we also must recognize when someone speaks against our beliefs.

"Master Sar'andor, you're right. An outright alliance with the Sith Empire lends them too much credit, and we cannot condone what they have done. Still, I confess that taking the side that will lead to more violence... it worries me."

Her gaze turned back to Master Cotarin. "But there are many ways we can help. The Alliance and New Jedi Order do have the means to support fronts against the Sith and Bryn'adûl both. The Prosperity, a mobile temple, can serve as a forward operating base. It may be prudent to move Peace Station as well."

Last she checked it'd still been close to that area of space, but she couldn't be sure.

"Even if the... Elder Compact, fails to stay together, I don't doubt that the Concord is committed to fighting the Draelvasier. We just need to push them to do more. There are dozens of systems that have been cut off from Sith influence that are now in the path of the Bryn'adûl. Evacuating them should be a priority.

"As for the Sith... though there have been some changes with Carnifex's abdication, it doesn't change that they've been systematically cruel to people both under their rule and on worlds outside it. Personally, I won't fight alongside the New Imperial Order -- but I will work with those who are willing to protect the civilians in the war zones on the border. Field hospitals, safe zones, whatever is necessary to save lives. There's no doubt in my mind that the Chancellor will provide us with the resources necessary if we ask."

Tom Kovack

T
That was Starlin’s master.

Well, not Laertia. Syd was the Padawan’s teacher, and easily the more level-headed of the two. In comparison, anyway…

Out of empathy for the poor kid (whom he hoped wasn’t watching this at home...), Tom’s cheeks burned with secondhand embarrassment in the aftermath of the two women’s departure. A more attentive observer might notice his face briefly flushed a much darker color—ashen gray, almost black—before quickly fading to a more human red. He wanted to leave and felt compelled to get out of there as soon as possible, but he remained seated as Auteme Auteme spoke about resources and fighting on two fronts. It was important information he ought to know. Sort of. Mostly, he just didn’t want to look like he was leaving because Laertia and Syd had been kicked out.

He’d attended this meeting out of curiosity more than anything, not really knowing what to expect. Now he almost regretted coming… almost. After all, it wasn’t his fault things got derailed.

Did he have anything left to say? Not really. Much of the room had fallen curiously silent. The conversation had moved on to other, more productive topics. Stuff that he, as a masterless whelp, couldn’t contribute to.

He’d stick around to see if anything else interesting happened, then leave a little later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom