Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life over Politics (Open to Jedi)

We all fall in parallel
While uncertainty had gripped the room, something else blossomed in the middle of it.

Grandmaster Starchaser showed the patience and compassion required of his station as he listened to the Jedi gathered around him. Jedi from across the Galaxy, all separated by different walks of life had come together to give him what appeared to be a reality check. When he addressed them at last, it sounded more sober and humble than before. Where he had tried to compromise with politicians, he had intended to keep the peace. But, for Sith, there was no Peace.

To Sith, Peace was a lie. And so, any "peace" they agreed to was a lie. The Jedi here brought him back to his roots, and gave him both insight and perspective. With his words, Coren Starchaser gave Taku hope that he was in the right place, and that he had made the right decision. Whether or not he would ever be a "good" Jedi was superfluous. He would be a Jedi, and that was all.

With his faith restored, the young man found his resolve even greater than it had ever been. There was a feeling of warmth in him now that burned away the shadow of doubt, and the reticence that had hung over him for months. Whether it waned or went away later, did not matter to him. He raised his voice, threw up his fist, and shouted.

"I'm with you, Master Starchaser!"

As little as his faith, his devotion, or he as a Jedi meant- his future was in the hands of the Jedi now.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Bernard whistled as he inspected the holopaper. It was a few days old, he was late to the party as usual, but the headline proved to be rather eye-catching. It proposed to have leaked information about a joint operation against New Imperial Forces between the Emperor of the Sith himself and one of the most venerable Jedi, the former Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi himself. Bernard was discerning enough to recognize it as the obvious viral marketing campaign for some D-Grade romance novel gibberish that it was, but the idea of it stuck with him more than he wanted.

"These holonovelists are getting far too desperate to sell their nonsense. What an obscene premise ..." he said to no one in particular.

He finished off his tea and threw on the Marshal jacket. A few moments later he was out the door and heading towards another Coruscanti crime scene, his day thoroughly soured by the clear hoax article.

Last edited:
In the depths of Sith space a ship idled-- its system powered down to life support as it floated under Sith radar.

Kyra sat in the dark, her holopad clutched tight to her chest as she listened to her world fall apart around her. Many voices spoke, but it was the familiar pitch of Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser that held attention in its entirety.

"Dad," she breathed, her head clunking into the wall she leaned against. She stared blankly at the ceiling, her spare change of clothing drying above her. He sounded tired. As tired as she felt. Everything weighed down on her, compiling into a poignant realization. The stability that had made up so much of her life was gone. Voices rattled. She tuned them out, the ship's metal sucking the heat from her body.

Thal Mantis Thal Mantis was right. No matter how hard she tried, nothing was going to be the same again. Not her arm. Not Nida Perl Nida Perl . The Order-- Yurb-- Myrkr-- the screams of the dead haunted her. Amani Serys Amani Serys 's red eyes taunted her. She felt as if she was falling, never to hit ground.

First the first time in her life, she didn't know what would come next. One thing grew painfully clear. Whatever the future held, if she even lived long enough for it, stability and a clear conscious would never coexist inside of her again. The blinders had been ripped from her eyes. The galaxy was a brutal place. She couldn't look away now.

Her fingers encircled the Starchaser Crystal at her neck, its light grounding her. A single tear fell down her cheeks.

"I'm with you, Dad. Always."

Last edited:
Wearing: Hoodlum's Leathers

Armed with: De Lifte Crystal (Curved Hilt)

With: Syd Celsius Syd Celsius

"Madnezz!"

Syd Celsius, clad in her blue and gold chromium catsuit that reflected everything around her, so clingy it looked almost painted on turned in surprise at who was speaking.

Syd personally was torn at the situation. On the one hand, She had witnessed the Bryn'adul atrocities, on the other, the prospect of aligning with The Sith in any capacity horrified her. It sickened her to her core due to her own past. A past she still had not confessed to anyone.

In the end, she had decided she would search the Force for guidance, rather than rely on people's opinions.

That said, the opinion about to be expressed by Laertia would strike a note for fighting the Bryn'adul in Syd.

"I wuz atz Yurb!" The Black Knight of Nar Shaddaa said fiercely, stepping forward, a contrast to her robe wearing peers in her spiky black biker leathers, her already tombstone pale skin made paler by the lighting, which made the number of shrapnel scars on her face stand out under her raven hair, having grown slightly longer recently.

"Anndz I wuz atz Nar Kreeta!" She added further. "Duh Jedi Orrduh haz allwayz maydez deelz wyth duh Devvil! Duh Brinnyduelz cannotz bee reezunned wyth! Dhey will buttchurr duh innocenttz in SJC spayce whillz yooz arr wyllingz tuh fallz onn yur sworrdz rathuh dhen duhklarez evun a temmporaree truuce! I sawwz gud solljuhz ripped appartz byy dhose murrduhrerrz! Peopullz wyth huzzbanndz! Wyvez! Chylldrennz! Annd yoo wanntz tuh wythdraww supporttz buhcuz yoo canntz stanndz tuh fayce yurr mirrorrz? Wayke duh hellz uppz! Duh peopull ov duh SJC, duh konnkorrd itsellf canntz suhvyvez wythout duh Order doinz nastee, dirrtee tingz too duh Brinnyduelz. We fayce deth fer ourr wholl cyvylyzayshun iff wee don'tz kasst asydez ourr morall hangguppz fer a lyttul whylez! Howw manny ov uss havv wurked wyth Manndeelorryannz wennz itt wuz conveenyuntz?! Wyth Vonngz?! Iff wee don'tz stopp duh Brinnyduelz dhen itt won'tz mattuh wut wee tink ov duh Syth, beecuz wee shallz beez az deddz az dhey wyll aftuh duh Brinn gettz thru wyth uss."

Laertia Io stepped forward, fighting her own anxiety. In the past, she would never have done this, never have spoken so forcefully. But what Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser was doing would sign the SJC's death warrant.

"Iff yoo reefuse to honuh duh konnkorrd..." Laertia warned everyone present, stepping forward a little more to Coren, her glossy, obsidian curved hilt Lightsaber dangling from her belt, strangely faceted in its appearance, more like a curved shard of black crystal than the metal hilt it actually was. "Dhen yoo mayy az well havv murrderredz all ov ourr soljuhz who diedd fer dhere wayy ov lyfe yurrsellf! Annd duhh bludd ov all dhose whooz wyll diez wythoutz duh Jedi too duhfenndz duh Konnkorrd wyll beez onn yorr hanndz tooz! No. Duh lyvez ov duh innocentt meenz morr tuh meez dhen my honuh orr wut I losst cuz ov Syth! Orr yorr honuh! Orr duh honuh annd traagedee ov anny presennt who suffuhed cuz ov duh Syth! Yoo kneww duh rysk! Yoo kneww duh rysk wenn yoo pycked upp duh sabuh! Tell yorr painn too duh rocckz!"

Laertia's blade teleported to her hand, igniting. The black blade hissed out of the hilt, surrounded by a dark green aura. In that instant, Syd made her choice. She would follow Laertia. She would trust Laertia. The red headed Atrisian looking Force Spawn floated next to The Black Knight.

"I ammz Laertia Io. Lasst ov Duh Marrkzmenn. Annd I ammz not wyth yooz."

She turned to the other Jedi present.

"Lukk passt yorr ownn payne! Duh Konnkorrd needz uss! Itz peepull needz uss tuh put asyde ourr war wyth duh Syth! I'm not sayyingz wee furrgetz whoo duh Syth arr, butt iff wee don'tz gritz ourr teethz annd rekognyze duh greaaturr threaatz, dhen duh savages I saww dehsuhmayting Yurb annd Kreeta wyll conntinyuu kylling duh peopull wee arr sworrnz tuh protekt. Der blud, dhere verry lyvez arr worrth morr dhen ourr greevances wyyth anny Syth, no mattuh howw vyle. I kylled my sharez ov 'em! But Coren iz wrongg! I wyll stannd wyth duh peopull whooze luvved wunnz diedd att dhose battulz! Anndz iff I musst stanndz alonez, dhen I stanndz alonez!"

Ryv Ryv

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku

Mishel Kryze

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

Takui Takui

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Kaleleon Kaleleon

Creuat Creuat

Jeremiah Jade

Irridia Solensis

Shaka Sunstar

It was official.

The Jedi were going to split apart. The Concord has doomed the Jedi, and he was having no part in it. Neither was anyone in this room.

Politics were never the way for the Jed. It failed almost 1,000 years ago when they elected Emperor Palpatine control over the Jedi. And we all know how that turned out.

Looking over he say his old padawan, now knight, Caden Evesa Caden Evesa . The boy had grown so much. He was the new generation of Jedi Knights, and so was he. It was time to break away from the old order.

Taming out his lightsaber he pointed it upwards towards the other blades. The double-blades lightsaber felt good to be back in his hands. Flicking it on the white blade shot out. The blue blade was not for this occasion. He left behind the Sith for good, and the purified crystal showed it.

“I stand with you, Grandmaster Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser . You will lead us to the light.”

Sith blood will rain over Dantooine.

Last edited:
Syd now found herself compelled to speak, despite her own past, as well as due to the fact she had clearly thrown in her lot with Laertia.

It wasn't easy. Where as the words had come out easy, even with Laertia's speech impediment, Syd found her own words stymied.

"I am not blind to the fact that there is a lot of idealism in this room..." Syd began respectfully, carefully in contrast to Laertia's passionate response to the arguments made so far.

"But I am also not blind to the fact that the Bryn'adul are among the most vicious, cold blooded enemies I have ever had the misfortune of crossing--"

Other than myself...she thought with silent guilt.

"And as much as I share your disdain for the Sith, I must stand with Laertia. Because she is right. The Bryn'adul require brutal, overwhelming force and commitment to fight and kill with any amount of success. Even as united as we were at Nar Kreeta, The Bryn'adul fought like it was their last battle. We were thrashed even when we were united. Breaking off our relationship with the Concord...the Bryn'adul will surely destroy it without our unwavering support. We barely have held out as it is. The Sith themselves are equally savaged. No one is safe from the Bryn'adul. The strongest, most fortified worlds we have are under threat of total, near effortless annihilation. Frankly...this sudden about face on questionable relationships comes across as an elaborate Temper Tantrum."

"It may send a bad message to the other idealists and hardliners in the SJC if we fight...but it will send a waaaaay worse message to those who are not idealists or hardliners if we don't, which equates to likely eighty five percent of the Concord, and that is a generous estimate on my part because in reality its probably ninety five percent of the Concord who are not idealists or hardliners and just want to make it to the next sunrise. You will almost certainly alienate a great deal of them, and many of them will likely be people you fought and bled alongside. Likely all of them will know of the Bryn'adul atrocities or know someone who witnessed them. Whatever their feelings of the Sith, they will not sympathize with the Silver Jedi leaving them to the mercy of the Bryn'adul. You'll hand the Sith a PR victory outright just because you don't want to sully your hands."

Syd took a moment to gather her next set of thoughts.

"I've commited terrible acts in my day. I did horrible things to try and slow their warriors at Nar Kreeta...but a more horrible act for me still would be to turn away the decisions of the people made out of sheer need for survival. Sometimes, you have to pay terrible prices to survive. Working with the Sith to stop the Bryn'adul is that terrible price. Mind, I'm not saying its right and just. I'm saying it is War, and we don't get to pick and choose allies against such an unwavering, genocidal menace as the Bryn'adul. I will fight and defend the Concord with or without the blessing and sanction of the Jedi, because the sentiment expressed by Grandmaster Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and many others would doom all those counting on the Silver Jedi. Seperating now, even if your gambit did work, would damage internal political relationships and diplomatic efforts abroad for years to come, and winning back the trust of all those people would be a task the successors of your successors would inherit. You are all cutting your nose off to spite your face and I will have no part of it."

Ryv Ryv

Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga

Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Lucien Dooku Lucien Dooku

Mishel Kryze

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

Takui Takui

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Kaleleon Kaleleon

Creuat Creuat

Jeremiah Jade

Irridia Solensis

Auteme Auteme

Shaka Sunstar

Last edited:

Aldric

A
It was time again for the Jedi to bicker. This time, however, it appeared the occasion rather justified the Jedi's endless indulgence in grand standing and moralising. An alliance with the Jedi's oldest and most dangerous foe was not something to be taken lightly.

He would have liked to simply sit back and continue reading his notes, but the words of two Jedi stirred him from the pages.

"You propose the Sith are our saviours? The people who throughout the last decades have committed crimes far worse than the Bryn'adûl with all their malice could ever hope to achieve? The same mass murderers who, at the height of their power, annihilated the Jedi and sought to extinguish life itself? They are to be the saviours who play the key role in the Bryn'adûl's defeat?

"And a temper tantrum that is thrown due to blind idealism? Have you taken a look at a galactic map recently? The Sith are the weakest they have been in decades. They are barely half the Empire they used to be. They've suffered humiliation after humiliation at the hands of the Silver Concord and the New Imperial rebellion. There is nothing we stand to gain from an alliance with them.

"This peace treaty with them will do nothing but allow the Sith to recoup their strength and turn on us when the Bryn'adûl have been dealt with. The Sith are deceivers first and foremost, too. There is no guarantee that they won't simply allow us to do the brunt of the dying to level the playing field for them even more than the Concord's decision to give them time to rebuild will do.

"What you're proposing is the equivalent of releasing mass murderers from our prisons and arming them with blasters to go have a field day on the war fronts. It's not just immoral it is downright irresponsible. To the people first and foremost, because it will be precisely them who will pay for your short-sightedness. You realize that, no?

"It's not blind idealism or unquestioning deference to political entities that should determine our actions, but a carefully considered approach with the Force as our guide. The Concord's decision to ally with the Sith was anything but carefully considered. We can continue to uphold our duty towards the people without falling to the trap of serving the Sith's will.

"It is not the way of the Jedi to abandon the people, as it is not to follow the will of politicians blindly as tools of war."

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius Laertia Io Laertia Io

Last edited by a moderator:
He had listened to everyone's discussion.

Caden listened as everyone spoke, arm still wrapped around Irridia Solensis. The one thing the Jedi had always been good at was bickering and they were starting to prove that more and more. Only this time, the bickering felt more than justified.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei had spoken, as had many others he knew and recognized. Today, the Jedi were finally voicing their opinions on the politics. They were voicing their opinions and getting the Silver Jedi Order away from Concordia, breaking free from Concordia for good.

"The Jedi should never be pawns in the game of politics, we all know that"

The Bryn had caused so much chaos, so much damage. An alliance with The Sith and with the Confederacy to protect the galaxy from those monsters had been hard to stomach but it was understandable. That same alliance being used to provide aid to The Sith would never be acceptable.

"What you're suggesting Coren is treason, we'll be named enemies of the government. The Jedi that are here today will be exiled and banished from Concord space. Honestly, does anyone mind that? Would you rather stand by idly while the government send our friends to war to aid the Sith?"

He smiled.

"Coren, I stand with you"

A wave of relief washed over Yula as Coren voiced his decision. Tensions in the room loosened as Jedi began to pledge their support.

The Concord wouldn’t be much of a home for her sisters to return to, but maybe that was the way things were meant to be. Yula couldn’t commit to working with a galactic power that defended the Sith, and she doubted Kyra would want to. Nida too, once she’d come to her senses. Mom would have rolled over in her grave—if she’d been dead.

“I’m with ya, Coren.”

Being named an outlaw or a criminal was the least of her worries. The nuance of the Concord’s decision hadn’t been lost on anyone in the room, and they’d all weighed their options. For Yula, this meant potentially turning her back on what was slowly becoming her new home, a family legacy, a force that routinely clashed against the Sith and the Bryn’adul.

One question still hung precariously overhead.

“What’s next?”

Chiara Viren

C
oTcgVEJ.png

"If I can stop one life from aching, then I shall not live in vain."

So many worlds had fallen to the unexpected storm the Bryn’adul had introduced. Chiara herself had spent countless nights dedicating hours upon hours to healing their victims. And when she failed to ensure their survival? She was there to listen to the wailing families whose hope had been stolen from them, their loved one becoming just another number to an ever growing list of casualties. The Bryn’adul needed to be stopped, there was no arguing that.

And yet, many other worlds and people had been left haggard by their subjugation under the ruthlessness of the Sith Empire. Many on her own home world had been enslaved under the oppressive and beastly thumb of the Sith, sucking even the smallest glimmer of life from the cadaverous husk that Chandaar had become.

How could it ever be justified to stand with one evil, to defeat another?

Coren presented what seemed a third option, a measure of equipoise, and called for the Jedi to stand with him. Many chose to do just that, but for some, the divide between those who should be natural allies continued to grow, and scornful murmuring echoed throughout the room.

Chiara dug deep into the Force for her own answer and sucked in a sharp breath, passing a brief, uncertain glance to her most trusted stalwart companion Merrick Sato, before finding her feet.

“I will stand with you and the Jedi, Master Starchaser, and offer my services in whatever capacity is necessary.”

ON9AB7d.png

Be careful what you wish for.

REDEMPTION IS NEVER OUT OF REACH...
53950.gif

Equipment: Conservator(Lightsaber)
“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Listening to all of those collected here, Caltin was not entirely impressed. In fact, he was a bit bothered. He was bothered by their childish rants about what a threat was and how it “deserved destruction”, who or what truly deserves that? Does an animal that kills another deserve disdain? The animal needs to eat, right? Does an insect carrying a plague deserve admonition? It is not like the insect is desiring to unleash this plague on a populace, it is simply going about its day. The Jedi are or were taught to control their emotions, apparently, that lesson has long been lost in this room. Caltin was hiding his own because he could tell what Coren was doing, the GrandMaster was sizing up the room.

Caltin was also bothered by how quickly Coren himself caved to the will of the room. No, he did not have an issue with a change of opinion. The thing is, he already made a decision, and he did not bother to explain himself than with the anger exposed by many, some professional and idealistic, others with their personal animosity towards him. He simply changes his mind. What brought the Grandmaster to his original decision that he would change it so easily? Did he have so little respect for his compatriots that he would do that?

Of course, the Jedi, and people, in general, cannot be compared to animals and ants, we are capable of abstract thoughts. Also, the massive Jedi Master knew, and fully realized the gravity of the situation and felt more of the weight that settled on him that he was a man out of time. It was when those who brought up how splintered the Jedi were, and how the Sith were not the same, he realized something.

Perhaps this was right where Caltin needed to be after all. Perhaps his time with the Order was just to prepare him for now? Perhaps the Force had this in mind for him the entire time he was learning as a Padawan, battling Sith as a Knight, and teaching the younger set as a Master. Perhaps he was fated to crash into the ice that fateful day on Rhen Var 800 years ago to be found only months ago. Caltin always went where he felt needed, perhaps he was needed here more than anywhere or any time.

Maybe he was out of time, then, and in time now.

Life was starting to make sense.

I’m with you.

sjogrungesmol1.png

Last edited:
Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
"Everything's dangerous, isn't it?" Ryv muttered the question, his voice so low he could barely hear it.

The wayward Knight felt Coren Starchaser's hand close around his own. It felt wrong standing there in a room full of Jedi. Ryv had given in to his anger and passion before. His saber used to deliver death countless times on countless battlefields. The oath he swore consumed his life as so many warned it would, worming its way into each bond he'd forged. It became easy to push others away, to rationalize the decision as being for them, not himself. In a room full of Jedi, the Kiffar knew he shouldn't feel so alone anymore. These were his brethren. So, why couldn't he find solace in their company?

Memories floated to the surface of his mind. They threatened him with promises of pain. Even at the most inopportune times, she somehow managed to claw her way back into focus. Ryv turned his attention to Coren's hand instead. He squeezed his eyes shut and allowed the other voices to fade away into the background. With a deep breath, he tightened his grip and returned the shake. Before he could say anything else, another Jedi spoke up from nearby.

Shaka Sunstar, a Thyrsian Jedi Knight who recently surfaced with the Galactic alliance. Maybe.

To hear someone, a total stranger for that matter, speak on Ryv's behalf and stand behind him? Now wasn't the time to fall into himself. Even if only one person looked to whatever wisdom the Sword could muster, he couldn't disappoint

"Many are willing to stand for more than the orders fed to us by hesitant politicians. And if we're going to do so, Starchaser, we need to do it together," Ryv nodded towards Shaka. "Each of us has experienced the sting of loss. It's time we take back victory from the Sith's clutches, just as our neighbors have," his hand fell away from Coren's and dropped back to Resolve. The verdant saber surged to life beside the Jedi Master's golden blade, shortly after the black weapon burst forth, and its wielder made her declaration. Ryv knew Jedi would throw in with the Sith after the Concord's decision. Seeing them here shouldn't have been as surprising as it was, but he couldn't stop the instinctual sneer as it ripped through his jovial mood.

"You've made your decision. So have we," Ryv stated firmly. "Jedi will stand with Jedi against all who threaten life. And we will do so without compromising our oaths or beliefs," he lowered his saber, its emerald point hovering inches from the ground. "I would only ask those who look to me," his gaze shifted to Shaka's while his mind flickered to Loske and Maynard. "If you are looking to your brethren to fight, first look within yourselves for the strength to do so. I will not standby as others fight for their freedom and their way of life. So, I would ask you all to do the same. The Sovereign-Imperator has made his intentions known to me, and he's called for the aid of the New Jedi Order."

The gnarled General came to mind. His empty, one-eyed gaze bore into Ryv's mind's eye. Tavlar's words were as sharp as the day they met in the Beast.

"He marches to retake his homeworld. Dantooine, from the Sith. The very same world that our Order once called home," Ryv clipped his saber in place at his side. "If the Concord and their Jedi will stand beside the Sith as allies, then they've lost their way. This is the chance to show the Galaxy we haven't."

Jeremiah Jade

J
There were a plethora of responses that had been said since Jeremiah commented earlier. Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga was known only by reputation, his own comment toward Jeremiah seemed to stem from a misunderstanding of choice in words. It was true the Silver Fox was not always the best with words, he felt justified to say what he wanted and where-ever he wanted. So it came as no surprise when the middle aged jedi turned his head toward Master Morga and chuckled waving the boy off with his hand as if he did not understand.

" I will stand by what I said before. They are the future and they will lead us. This is right and just." He uttered to himself.

No sooner after did the room burst out with comments and retorts of their own, none toward Jeremiah, but touching on the subject of his Brynadul threat. The Jedi had little knowledge of such creatures, but if anything he knew they could not be that stupid if they are conquering worlds. They are doing something right then. Jeremiah was out of his element standing and discussing politics with other jedi. Things were not as complicated on the streets and dark underworld were crime thrived. He used to bringing scum to justice on various other modern worlds. Worlds that had a idle supply of spice, slave trade and a lack of morals.

The atmosphere began to shift in the room. Slowly the cogs of change turned in till even the Grandmaster himself felt it in his very bones. A shift that caught the Silver Fox's attention, forcing his thoughts from previous statements and to hone himself on the current moment. He opened his ears well as Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser spoke. The blaze of the golden lightsaber rose above them all as a beacon of hope and promise for the future.

A promise Jeremiah would remember and like to stand with till his dying breath.

If not for himself, then for his daughter and son. For his family.

His namesake. Jade.

" Thats the spirit!!" The man made a tight fist exclaiming and expressing his enthusiasm. " I, Jeremiah Jade, Chose to align myself with your decision and cause so as long as I still can. You have my blade, slick." He nodded at the Grandmaster.

"Since the earliest days of the Jedi Order's involvement with galactic governments, getting too closely tied to the politics has spelled disaster, again and again," Cotan said, his holo-projection turning to address others in the room, not just Coren. "We get viewed as a tool or a weapon, or they attempt to sanction us outright and force us to conform to their will, not that of the Force. It's just not a tenable position to be torn between two ultimately-conflicting obligations."

Cotan stood silent for a moment, considering how best to phrase what he was going to say. "I was held captive by the Sith for most of the span of a year, subject to torture and indignities the entire time, and while it might have been a dangerous position, I made sure to listen to and consider the meaning of everything they said to me. Beyond that, my master was a historian, not some roving knight with his saber always out like some of you might expect from what all I've done in the galaxy. Alliances mean nothing to the Sith. Their military and civilians might honour it, sure, but then you just get more of them splitting apart from the Sith like the New Imperial Order already did—twice over, with how they decided to outright purge any remaining Sith from their own ranks. If we decide to stand alongside Sith, we'll be standing alongside complete opportunists who seek only greater power. How can you ever remain focused on the enemy at your front, if you can't trust the allies to either side not to slip a knife between your ribs and disappear?"

He turned back to Coren after that. "Old friend, you know I'm not technically a Jedi anymore. I left your order under the old Galactic Alliance, and I've been hesitant to throw my weight in with any others, because of how overly-political they seem to be. Losing their way. The same thought I have right now about the Silvers. But you know that even when I was with the Judges, I was constantly advocating against our alliance with the CIS, because of who leads them. I was constantly trying to keep focus on just helping the most people without regard to what government they were under in the Outer Rim. For better or for worse, I'll always stand beside you."

Ryv Ryv

Laertia felt the gathering turn against her and Syd. She refused to budge. They were wrong.

Her weapon remained ignited, its black blade and green aura was pointed to the ground.

"Duh Brinnyduelz leeve nuthin in dhere waykez. Dhey ravagedd Nar Kreeta wyth a giiannt wyrmmz...I caymez akross duh boddiez ov smashhed appartz baybeez from dhere rampayges. Inn duh Brinnyduelz fuuchurr, no wun lyvez but duh Brinnyduelz." Laertia said flatly to Ryv Ryv , not reacting to the sneer on his face. She had fought and killed so many Sith she knew a Jedi would simply be more of the same, if it came to it. The Sword of The Jedi did not scare her.

Syd Celsius Syd Celsius had ignited her fiery orange blades from her split saber hilt

"Don't be naive! Everyone in the Galaxy may have to unite to stop the Bryn'adul. They are that much of a threat. The Jedi Order withdrawing its support will remove a massive amount of the Concord's ability to fight. You think things were bad for the military at Yurb? Wait until there are less Jedi on the field."

Syd then directed her attention to Aldric

"Yes, the Sith Empire is weakened. Yes they've suffered defeat after defeat. But in trying to cut their throats at this juncture, with The Bryn'adul butchering indiscriminately? We'd be cutting our own throat also. Even if it does give them some small chance to rebuild, The Bryn'adul fight so brutally the Sith will be all but forced to throw as much of their resources as possible to prevent them from making any more inroads, the same as we and The CIS will have to. And any government that doesn't want to be annihilated by the Bryn'adul will also. Besides, without the Order's support, will that not make any treachery the Sith Eternal may actually be planning way, way easier to execute against the Concord. This is happening. With or without you." (Your Raptors SAVED Lives!: 90 XP)

Laertia for her part was disgusted at their short sightedness and hypocrisy. She had spent her whole life fighting the worst of the Order's enemies, sacrificing her health and part of her sanity to do so. And all it got her was sneers from those like Ryv.

Her old opinion of the vast majority of Jedi being elitist snobs who refused to face reality came roaring back with a vengeance.

"Yooz cannz patz yurrsellf onn duh baack and getz reememmbuhed byy yurr fellowz allz yoo lyke az a stallwarrt exammpull ov duh Jedi. Mee? Immz not concerneddz wyth beeingz ruhmemmburred fonndlee annd nevuh havv beenz. I wyll fyte duh Brinnyduelz annd worree overr duh Syth laytuh. Iffs yoo wud fytez mee fer doinz dhat, I'yll bee saddz ovuh it...but I wyll styll pyck duh innocennt peopull ov duh Konnkorrd ovuh duh Jedi. Meeningz I'yll fytez yooz. I'yll fytez allz ov yooz iff I havv tooz."

"And so will I. I won't like it, but I will fight you also." Syd declared, heart twisting as she said it, Laertia feeling it.

Laertia herself doubted that any of them understood how much of a nightmare scenario this was to her personally.

The thought of having to work with the Sith for the greater good of the stopping the Bryn'adul disgusted her. But she couldn't ignore the numbers game. The Concord needed as many Jedi leading them into battle as possible to have a shot at survival. These Jedi would ignore all of that just because it would mean swallowing their pride.

"Yoo tink I'mmz not awayrz ov wut duh Syth arr? Wut dhey stannd fer? Yoo tink Immz notz awayr inn fullz ov dher duhpravyteez? I wuddintz bee doinz dhis iff I diddintz tink I haddz tooz!" She exclaimed. "Duh Brinnyduelz arr duh greaatur evul inn dhis kayse."

"I will not turn my back on all those people I saw die at Yurb and Nar Kreeta. They need Jedi to fight alongside them and lead them no matter how sickened the Jedi themselves are at fighting alongside their enemies to do so. I would rather die alongside those brave people then live amongst you and clutch at some fictional honor I know I have never possessed and would never be worthy of given how my life has gone...and would never want at this point, seeing that it means spitting in the faces of desperate people trying to protect their families and worlds from an enemy of such totality in their cruelty that they wouldn't even have a place as slaves if that enemy wins, save as mulch to be crunched under Bryn'adul feet. Let your own history with the Sith cloud your judgement if you must. I have worlds to save from the Bryn'adul. Better I lose whatever small standing I may have gained amongst the Jedi then keep it and not make every sacrifice I can, including my place in the Jedi, to stop those monsters." Syd said to everyone present.

Laertia suppressed her anxiety again. What she was doing would have been madness to her a long time ago. But everyone needs to decide who they are. And Laertia was a person willing to give up all to stop the Bryn'adul.

She spoke again.

"Forr anny presennt whoo feelz az I doo, but iz jusst afraydz tuh voyce ittz, yoo cann fyndz meez on Dantooine. Forr anny presennt whoo duzzint feelz az I doo, yoo cann fyndz meez on Dantooine." she said flatly, throwing down the gauntlet with finality as her dark gray gaze filled with resolve.

She turned and began walking away, her blade still active. Syd followed behind her, floating.

I'm so hot for you right now...Syd said to Laertia through their bond.

Looks like we don't get to be Jedi anymore...Laertia answered back sadly as they left everyone present...

Last edited:
Aboard the Surrey, Starlin Rand sat watching the conference on a screen precariously mounted on the wall. In his lap he clutched a bucket of fried chicken, on which he periodically munched as he took in the opposing views. He wasn’t particularly interested in politics, but he had enough sense to realize that this was a big deal—and more importantly, his master Syd Celsius Syd Celsius was there.

Beside him Tom Kovack sat perfectly still, his eyes glued to the screen. The color had drained from his face the moment he heard the news that the SJC had allied with TSE and hadn’t come back since. Starlin was still having a hard time accepting that it wasn’t a joke or a hoax.

“Hey.” He glanced at his friend. “You know about the history of the Sith and the Jedi, right? Has anything like this ever happened before?”

“Many times,” Tom said, his voice coming out in a strained whisper. He cleared his throat before continuing, “The most obvious comparison would be to the Yuuzhan Vong War. The Jedi and the Sith had no choice but to fight together then. The Vong wanted to enslave the galaxy and kill all Force Users…”

“The Bryn want to kill all life, period,” Starlin muttered darkly. His own experience on Nar Kreeta was still fresh in his mind, and while his wounds were mostly healed, both his legs bore large scars.

“Yes, but I’m not going to quibble about whether or not it’s better to live as a slave or die as a free being now. The Sith and the Jedi temporarily allied against the Vong, and as soon as they were, ah, ‘defeated’ if you could call it that, the Sith turned on the Jedi once more. It was a brief interlude in the fighting, nothing more. A cute little experiment…”

Starlin raised his hand, his attention back on the screen. “Syd’s talking.” He listened in silence, his lips slowly parting as she made her decision known. “... Oh.”

“I’m sorry,” Tom said.

“Well… what for?” Starlin turned back to his friend. “If I’m being honest, I lean more towards agreeing with her. The Bryn are more dangerous than the Sith right now. After we deal with the Bryn, then we can worry about the Dark Lords and the EE and all the other schutta we should’ve taken care of a long time ago.”

“Are you suggesting we do the same thing the Sith are bound to do? Turn on them as soon as the Bryn are no longer a threat?”

“I’m saying we go in with our eyes open, fully expecting them to betray us.” Starlin smiled, trying to lighten the somber, oppressive mood. “If they’re willing to fight alongside us, wouldn’t the outcome be that much more awesome? We could certainly get this war over with sooner.”

“I understand what you mean. But you also need to understand that the Sith will want to show no mercy to the Bryn—”

“The Jedi haven’t shown them much mercy so far. And why should we? They’re worse than the Sith. The Sith at least keep people alive to rule over them. The Bryn just want to kill everybody and leave nothing left alive. They don’t need mercy, they need to be stopped.”

Tom swallowed. “Starlin, I… I never told you about this, but I did fight the Bryn, once… They did the same thing to me that they did to you. Shot those hollow spike bullets filled with corrosive plasma at me. The only reason I survived is because I evacuated right then and there. I was in a healing trance for almost three days afterwards.”

“Okay,” Starlin replied, a little stunned by the news. Tom, a Padawan who could barely wield a lightsaber, had fought the Bryn? When? Where? Under what circumstances? “What does that have to do with what we’re talking about?”

“I understand how you feel. But the Bryn, just like the Vong, they… we have to accept the fact that they can be changed for the better.” Tom shook his head. “We don’t know enough about them now, but if I can see proof that they’re… until I can justify to myself eradicating their entire species, I can’t bring myself to fight alongside the Sith. Because that’s exactly what they’ll try to do when we win.”

“Chit, you’re right.” Starlin ran a hand through his hair, then grimaced when he remembered his hands were covered in grease from the chicken. “Well, I mean… my argument still stands, doesn’t it? We fight together, we win, and then we smack their hand away like Aunt May did to Norman Osbourne at Thanksgiving if they start to go too far.”

“You trust the Jedi to catch them in time?”

“Hell yeah I do. We have the Force, we’ll sense it.”

“We didn’t sense their treachery the last few times.”

“We’re still around, aren’t we?” Starlin grabbed a napkin. “I don’t really get that. You’d think we’d have been burnt enough times by the Sith over the past few thousand years that we’d come to fully expect their bullchit.”

“I mean, Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf …”

“...Pretended to be a Jedi back in the day when nobody knew who she was, yeah yeah.” Starlin wiped his hands, then got another napkin for his hair, wishing he hadn't accidentally used chicken grease as a styling gel. “And then she betrayed them and blew everything up. I know all about it. I grew up on Coruscant, remember?”

“The Jedi and the Sith seem to be as eternal as the Force itself,” Tom remarked, leaning back in his chair thoughtfully. “Everything is a cycle with them. Light and Dark, Dark and Light.”

“A never-ending game of peek-a-boo with a baby too stupid to understand that nothing is actually changing.”

Tom laughed. “You don’t have much experience with babies. They aren’t necessarily stupid, they just find it amusing. It’s a game.”

“Is it all just a game?”

Both boys turned to stare at the Camera™.

On the screen, Syd left the conference with Laertia Io Laertia Io . Starlin sighed. “Politics are boring,” he said, getting up. “I’m gonna go take a shower. You can have the rest of the chicken.”

Tom waited until after Starlin had left the room before grabbing the bucket and taking a massive bite out of a fried chicken leg, chewing thoughtfully as he continued to watch the bickering unfold.

Cotan sighed, watching on his own holotable as Laertia Io and Syd Celsius left the meeting.

"Once," he said, to those who remained present.

"Once the Jedi and Sith had an actual, successful, full alliance. The Eternal Alliance against Valkorion's Eternal Empire, which had been preceded by short-term allies of circumstance type situations dealing with Valkorion/Vitiate, another Sith himself, previously. Later on, in his fight against Abeloth, Luke Skywalker sought to work with the Lost Tribe of the Sith, but many of them immediately split away to join the very thing they sought to fight against. And in both cases, once the major issue was dealt with, the Sith immediately turned to betray the Jedi, while the political machines attached to both immediately resumed the war."

As a student of a historian, and an avid bookworm beyond that, he'd learned his lessons on galactic history well...better, perhaps, than a few of the others present. "And I know I've heard the Yuuzhan Vong dropped in reference to this, and I'm sure there are others watching on holofeed who are thinking the same. There were no true Sith fighting on the galactic stage during that war. A few Dark Jedi, sure, but those were again more alliances of circumstance, not an actual, drafted alliance, unlike the Eternal Alliance. The longest running of such was Vergere and Jacen Solo, and I doubt anybody needs to be reminded how that went; Lumiya was another, but in the shadows, and just as likely to work against the New Republic as against the Yuuzhan Vong. It was Luke Skywalker's Jedi and the New Republic, allied with the Sith-free Imperial Remnant, in that war. Not the Sith."

While he doubted anybody other than Coren and those few who worked with him in the Outer Rim would care to notice it, or maybe anybody particularly impressed at his quick run up the council tower on Coruscant to fight Darth Carnifex, the disappointment in his tone was clear. "This willingness to ally with the Sith themselves against a different threat is utter folly. At best, we deplete ourselves and they turn around and attack us as soon as the other threat is removed. At worst, they attack us in the middle of it, and the alliance was for naught; either way, the losing parties are us Jedi and any civilians we have an obligation to defend, from all threats." He turned back to Coren, giving an apologetic shrug.

"Sorry, friend, but it looks like you've got the beginnings of a schism on your hands here today. I'm always around if you need me, though; hopefully this doesn't get too big."

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
WEARING: xxx

Judah listened to each as they made the rest of their arguments and their pledges. It elicited a response no one was likely to expect.​
He laughed.​
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA," came jubilant sound. "This has been quite entertaining today, and a great display from all of you. I was there when the Silver Jedi began. I was there when the Galactic Alliance first began, as was my son. Both were noble, or meant to be, but somewhere, and without guidance, the Jedi lost their way. I have seen war crimes committed by those flying the banner of the Jedi as much as I have seen the atrocities of the Sith."
Judah paused as he stamped out his pipe.​
"I was there when one among the Silver Jedi nuked an entire planet because the Jedi were losing to the Sith. I have sat among those who have reduced what it means to be a Jedi to fighting Sith and killing Sith. Are we not supposed to be peacekeepers, avoiding battle rather than rushing to it? And what do any of you in this room have to say about these reports of Jedi attempting to use necromancy and raise the dead against the Brynadul? Why did I hear that Jedi were crashing ships into battle zones in attempt to stop the hoard?"
The rogue Jedi stood from his seat.​
"Evil is evil regardless of the face it wears. Sith, Imperial, Confederate... Jedi... Our fight has never been against the Sith, but against evil, wherever it show its face. For far too long the Jedi have forgotten who they are, and what the stand for. It is not our job to kill Sith. It is not our job to kill or fight anyone. It is our job to keep the peace and to maintain balance. If you are not careful, you will become the very evil you wish stop, and from certain point of view may already be well on your way to it."
Judah stood and headed toward the exit.​
"It is time for the Jedi as the exist to end. We must find the old road. Those of you who wish to join me in that venture are more than welcome to find me."
[FIN]​

Tom Kovack

T
I was born by the river, in a little tent…” Starlin sang in the shower. “And just like the river, I been runnin’ ever since…

“Hey Starlin—“

“AAAAAHHHH!” Starlin yelled, nearly dropping the shampoo bottle in his hand.

“Calm down! You act like I yanked the curtain back and tried to grab you!” Tom’s voice from the other side of the shower was muffled; he was just barely poking his head through the door to talk. “I gotta tell you, I screwed up. There weren’t any Sith around during the Yuuzhan Vong War, at least not as a cohesive force. What I told you was just the way I wish it had happened.”

“You… you presented your fanfiction idea to me as if it were fact? Is that what you’re saying?” Starlin sputtered.

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that. The guy on the livestream started talking directly to me to correct my mistake, even though he technically shouldn’t have been able to hear what I was saying. It’s cool, though. Anyway, like he said, the only time the Sith and the Jedi really allied themselves was this thing called the Eternal Alliance about 4,500 years ago. Their base was on Odessen, which I really should’ve known about, since I’ve been to the ruins there.”

“Aw, the history buff made a boo-boo.”

“Shhh. Anyway, that’s all I wanted to tell you. Have fun showering.”

Once Tom was gone, Starlin resumed singing, albeit a very different song. “Some people call me the space cowboy... Some people call me the gangster of love...

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor

Mishel Kryze

M
Half of these so-called Jedi were jalopies who couldn't find their way around a star if it smacked them on the arse. At least, in Mishel's so humble opinion, but she was glad to have seen Coren come to his senses. She took another swig of rum and set the cup down on the desk and looked into the holoprojection and gave her reply to Coren. "Damn glad to see you come to your senses, and here I thought someone had finally managed to pluck the strings of your burlap sack, old man." A small chuckle as she looked at him, and then surveyed the others present. Mishel sighed and looked over her shoulder and grabbed her jacket.
"Seems like I've got a trip to make, hope some of you might be inclined to meet me along the way."
"It'll be good to fight beside you once again, Master." Mishel made it a point to remind Coren of who he was to her. Her master, tutor, mentor and all the reasons why she inherited the bad habits of the lightside. It would be good to put the blade of the sentinel to use again. After sliding her pilot's coat on, Mishel spoke one last time. "The only way we can defeat the Sith, the Bryn'adul and anyone who comes our way, is to do so together."
"Now before I end up sounding like some mushy, billboard. I'm gonna hit the road, see you folks on the battlefield."
She raised her glass one last time and took a drink to the Jedi and set the cup upside down before shutting off her holo device and heading out of her room. Mishel grabbed a servant and told them to inform her brother-in-law and sister that she'd be requisitioning a shuttle to head into the Core. She'd send the shuttle back once she arrived, and from there, Mishel would go to fight beside her fellow Jedi, and servants of the light. It was time to burn the darkness, and the Sith right along with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom