Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Break Out

To say that Aela was in the middle of a severe depressive state was perhaps an understatement. She had never experienced this kind of loss and so she was faced with grief beyond reprieve when compared to the soldiers she had lost when she was in CorSec. It was expected there that some would die, so she was prepared for that. The theft of her ship though, that was like stealing a child from her and the worst thing that could be done to a Corellian. Even being murdered was generally considered better than having one's livelihood stolen away.

The young Captain had remained isolated for the most part. While Cass Gemini Cass Gemini had been kind enough to help her track down her ship, the notion of social interaction was beyond her at the moment. Those that knew Aela would know that this was a very serious issue considering she was overconfident and always talking to other people. Instead, she kept to a simple singular route between her room, the mess where she could eat, and back again. She was like a silent ghost walking the bulkheads.

Even though she appreciated the help she was just not in the mood to interact with anyone given both the attempt on her life and the stolen vessel. That was why Aela now stayed curled in her bed, face down in a pillow with her wild mane of multicolored hair being the only real indicator that a person was even in the mountain of blankets and comforters she had commandeered. She hoped for good news soon, but did not really hold out any hope. The crew was good so finding them might be a challenge that she did not have the heart for anymore.

header1.png

Aela Cohn Aela Cohn

Cass paced down the corridor of the Midnight Kyber towards the occupied guest room with her slicer Dex hot at her heels. She was a little disappointed that her guest hadn't been up and about more, but after her experience being captured and taken in, she could understand that feeling. Her holiday with Izzie had brought her back from a really dark place but even now she still thought about it more than she probably should. She just wished there was some magic wand you could wave to erase rubbish like that. When she had come aboard she had joked to the woman about and stay with Cass being all inclusive, but this woman lived like there was a running tab, minimal food and drinks, not attendance to the club. She had tried to entice her for drinks in the hot tub but she just seemed broken.

But today Cass had some good news for her, one step closer to her getting her revenge might cheer her up a little. Dex insisted on coming too because it was her slicing that had got the information out, and she also had a plan. She was certain that her hacker had a think for their guest too as she kept mentioning how pretty her hair was, maybe the two of them should share a hot tub and work out some things together, Ashla knows Dex could do with a break from all her work too.

As they came to the suite door, Cass hit the buzzer, Cass could obviously override the locks, but she lived to host people and would hate to make Captain Cohn feel anything other than a welcome guest. She buzzed again and spoke to the intercom. "Captain Cohn, Aela, we think we have found something. That refueling station that you said had a brothel your first officer liked. Well, he's been here. They wouldn't tell us, obviously, but my lovely dex managed to extract the details, and we might even have their next destination."

header2-by-zigor-adebisi-deo2cqn-fullview.png

The buzz rang through and she ignored it. Aela was not looking for company, but the news hit her like a Gundark that they might have found where her ship was going and she regrettably could not ignore that. Hair a mess she went to the door and even though the news was good her expression was mirthless, "Who did you squeeze to get the info? The woman that runs that place keeps everything a secret so it isn't easy to find out where he would have gone." she said finding the negative in a positive moment. This was good, but she still had the pessimistic streak in her heart given the state of things in her life.

"Screw it, doesn't matter. We find out where they went, we find them, and then we vent them out of an airlock in atmosphere and watch them plummet into the street or something. I won't be happy until they die. You don't steal a ship from a Corellian and leave them alive and hope that life will be perfect afterward. They'd have been safer if they just killed me." Aela continued, "Give me a bit to clean up. I guess it's time to leave my room and actually do something productive..."

header1.png

Aela Cohn Aela Cohn

"Well, it would be proper to give away too many of my little hacker's secrets, but let's just say the station left its bin lids off. I will see you on the bridge I'm ten, we are already following their potential trail. No captain should see their public unless they feel fabulous. Dex, forget you saw ever saw Captain Cohn with her bed hair on."

"Forget who?" Dex replied with a laugh.

They walked back to the bridge and waited. It wasn't long before Aela would join them. Cass was looking at a large hologram of the local star systems on the centre was two lines the left their current location and curved onto space, diverging about a half days travel away. One ship looked like a trader vessel, the other was unidentified, possibly shadowing the trader to mask its signature a little.

"So my Intel says your crewman is hoping to rescue someone that is marooned? Have you marooned anyone recently near here?" Cass asked too Aela "is suspect one of these two ships is yours, but if you could have a look at the hyperdrive signatures that would help? One of them will be taking a course right by a jungle world, uninhabited apart from insects according to the charts. If I was going to maroon someone, it wouldn't be a bad spot." The planet was a small, inhospitable rock covered in jungle, you could survive there sure, but it would be a hard life, and eventually either disease or some poisonous creature would probably get you.

The Kyber's Hyperspace tracker only had partial details of the ship headed that way, it could be anything from a shuttle to a cruiser, but Cass felt it was the best place to look. Maybe they could catch them with crew still on the planet, making the assault on the stolen ship all the more exciting.

"So what do you think? Am I good?" She laughed, Cass was a hyperactive woman that probably spent too much of her life flirting, but she loved her job and liked to think she was pretty good at it.

header2-by-zigor-adebisi-deo2cqn-fullview.png

"Yeah. Threw a guy off the ship because he decided that consent was optional and broke rule number one of being on my ship. Suffice to say he was gone as fast as I could find a place to chuck him. I don't recall where it was really so it might have been here. We're on the right track though because I recognize that signature anywhere. That's my ship and if they are going to rescue a vile animal like that then the whole crew has to be purged. They know my biggest rule." Aela said with a huge puff of acrid smoke. The cigar was her one real vice, and it was as much a relaxation tool for her as it was something she just liked the taste of. Either way it was not a flattering habit but she had many unflattering behaviors for a woman, at least to some folk. She never concerned herself too much with what others thought of her regardless.

She stopped pacing for a moment,
"If I know them they will put the ship down in an open area and go out looking for him. I'm sure they will leave a group of people with the ship but you need a wide net to search for someone on a planet like that. If we can catch them off guard then we can pretty easily steal the ship back and leave them all on this planet to suffer. I don't imagine it would be easy on them to live on a rock like that. Seems like a fitting end to them. Leave me to die on an unfamiliar rock so why not do the same to them?" she said taking an unmanned chair on the bridge and kicking her feet up on the edge of a panel.

Aela was a bit more of herself now that things were looking up, but her voice was still more calm and measured than normal. "You did good. No offense to you but I didn't think it would be quite so easy to find them. Maybe they are just dumber than they look and don't know how to hide themselves. I'm willing to wager they don't even know how the automated security system I installed on the ship works. Simpletons like that need someone like me to guide them or they would get their hands stuck in the pickle jar. Your little friend did good. Remind me to buy her a drink when we go celebrate our inevitable victory."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom