Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood in the Water [CIS Dominion of Bestine IV]

New_Project_32.gif
Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | "Executor" Boots Exclusive
Wielding: Obsidian Knight Sword | WindWhisper
Tags: [member="Kiff Brayde"] [member="Lucien Rayne"]

xVXAam.png

Alwine said nothing as the two men began to speak. She was more than used to people doing that rather than referring directly to her, and if she'd had human shoulders, she would have shrugged at that.

Ignoring them for the moment, she turned around, her snout dipping low to smell the blood from very up close. Alwine loathed the smell of blood. Blood was fine when it was prey, when it was something that came with the actual food, when she could wash the blood off her fur or skin when she was done. But like this? It was beastly. It was savage. It was wrong in all the possible ways.

She gave a little wolf-sneeze, careful not to touch the stains with her part of her body, and then turned around and broke into a run.

Keep up, she sent to both males through telepathy.

The wolf her found her blood trail.

Running, Alwine had the privilege of being able to ignore all the humans and human-likes. A few stupid ones tried to touch or pet her as she ran forward but she ignored them. While the scent of the blood was hard in her nose, she wanted to follow it as far as it would take her.

Faster, humans! She shot at the two men, and increased her speed.

Soon enough, the three of them were headed straight into the city.

New_Project_31.gif

Objective: have a break, explore, love sand.

Attire: Tank top and cut-off cargo pants.
Tag: @Derek Dib

Derek Dib said:
So what finds you here then?

Iapo hummed and smiled slightly to herself at Derek Dib's question.

"Honestly the Confederacy nurses are scary and they told me to rest. I'm way too young to be killed by angry medical staff", she took another sip of beer.

"At the same time, I'm happy enough to have come, this place is beautiful. All that blue sea and turquoise water... I left my little corner of the galaxy thinking I would explore the universe. I landed with the Confederacy by accident and while there's lots of fighting I'm also grateful to see something like this from time to time". She looked out at the idyllic scene in front of her. Under the afternoon sun, the reflection on the water made the ocean look like quicksilver. "That's exactly what my younger self dreamed of when thinking of the wonders of the galaxy.".
"I'm getting sappy, amn't I? Tell me about yourself instead, for how long have you been with the Confederacy?"

Asking her question Iapo realized that it may have been more private than was appropriate. The young woman glanced at the man's face, hoping to see whether what she'd said had put him off. Then again she'd never been good at reading people.

"Don't feel obligated to answer that, it's not my business what your history's like."

Iapo shrugged. She couldn't help herself really, she'd always been too curious for her own good, which was probably why she'd ended up with the Confederacy and not maintaining mining platform in her home-world. But still, curiosity killed the Cannok and might very well kill her too one day, as her mother had liked to tell her, back when she was a kid.

"I'm drinking your beer and taking up your time, please feel free to ignore my questions at least."

She shook her head at the object. “Nah, I like my lungs clear. But thank you.” She finished her drink, and set the bottle to the side. “Captain Ahab? Whazzthat?” Her nose wrinkled a bit at the putrid smell of the rolled up on fire thing. She enjoyed alcohol due to her upbringing, however, the only drug the girl had was adrenaline.....life.....caffeine.....Jerek's lips.....Making Damsy laugh...OKAY, she had a lot of drugs. But that was besides the point here!

Allya grinned at the man, and reeled in yet another fish. “Hey, I have to catch enough to make enough food for everyone. They will be hungry when they are done! It's just natural.” She nodded her head enthusiastically. “Honestly, you just need to get good.” The girl leaned back on her chair, and her eyes closed, and she began to enter a gentle meditative state, as she reached out through the force to find more fish.

[member="Jayce Pryde"]

New_Project_31.gif

Wearing: Bathing Suit
Tags: Feel free to join!

The beach was all wrong. Madalena couldn't remember the last time she had been on a beach, but everything about this one seemed wrong in the Sithling's eyes. The sand here was a pale shade of cream or very light brown, seeming to be alive with life and air. The waters were a blue, so clear that it almost looked magical if you looked at them, and even more so if you actually stepped in them. And the sky… Also a clear blue.

But why was her brain trying to convince her that it was all wrong? That the water should be dark and murky, that the sky ought to be gray, that the sand ought to give a feeling of void and death instead of leisure and fun?

Shaking her head, she tried to look at that part in the horizon again, where sky met the sea. It was a beautiful sight to behold, of that there was no question.

Sighing, she sat down, and began to draw in the sand with her fingers. Maybe if she just spent enough time there, the weird feeling would take care of itself.

I am a son of the Mountain.

New_Project_32.gif

[member="Alwine Lechner"] [member="Kiff Brayde"]
Lucien watched as the wolf bounded out of the room where they had been standing. The Illyrian still had no way of knowing just what was going on. Still when the Lupine's telepathic command touched his mind, he was fast after her. They bounded out of the hotel room and made their way back to the lobby. Even in passing, Lucien could still hear the frantic cries of that lunatic of a woman. He glanced over to her, shooting daggers with his eyes but he did not have time to say much else. Lucien watched as Alwine dove below two people, to exit the hotel. Lucien's path was slightly less courteous. “Get the hell out of the way!” He yelled, slamming the palms of his hands into the face of each of these men, prying them out of his way.

They shouted something unintelligible at the man but he was already moving into the street. Lucien glanced around, holding a tight grip on the sash that fastened his Vibrospear to his back.

When his eyes finally caught the sight of the Lupine, Lucien cursed when he saw how far ahead she had gone. Luckily they were on open streets so now it was easier for him to keep up. Taking to a Sprint he called out to the woman-turned-wolf.

Where are we going?!” He asked.

New_Project_32.gif

OBJECTIVE: MURDER IN PARADISE: Eliminate any hostile forces on the Island
ALLIES: [member="Voph"] [member="Lucien Rayne"] [member="Alwine Lechner"]

Kiff was right behind Lucien and the. . . wolf? He had somehow missed the connection, but what had once been a crazy woman was now some furry quadruped. Again, force users and their show-offness. Kiff reminded himself that one day he needed to carve his face onto a moon with the turbolasers of the Victator, but for now that sort of glory would have to wait as he sprinted behind the two force users, having a considerable work out catching up given that the Knights Obsidian were aided through the force, and in the case of the wolf, a sleek form and four legs. Nevertheless, Kiff had been one of the faster cadets at the Arkanis academy, and thanks to his young age, regular exercise schedule and fast metabolism he was still in great shape.

"Sorry about that," He muttered towards the two men that that Lucien had roughly pushed out of the way. They weren't peacekeepers nor Confederacy Military, and in a different scenario Kiff might've wondered what they were doing there, but know his brian was moving to fast to ponder on a single topic. Lucien was already out on the street, and at a full sprint. Kiff didn't have the energy nor breath to swear, and the only thing he could do was keep pumping his arms and kicking his legs, hoping that this run would be over soon.

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Hey more for me then kid... Came his reply as he slipped the cigar back into his lips with a smile. Just then the tip of his rod gave a bend and Jayce leaned up and jerked the fishing rod backwards and began the battle...

Oh cool youre the chef for the evening? Well chit lets see if we can catch a whole mess of fish for you to cook then His voice a bit strained as he played a proper game of tug of war with the fish on his line.

New_Project_32.gif
Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | "Executor" Boots Exclusive [Carried by [member="Lucien Rayne"] ]
Wielding: Obsidian Knight Sword | WindWhisper [Carried by [member="Lucien Rayne"] ]

xVXAam.png

Alwine ran through the streets. For a wolf that was only slightly larger than a cub, her speed was still incredible; she could move forward at a pace that easily outmatched bigger wolves than her. Until her release from Stewjon, she had always wondered why that was, attributing it to the species she belonged to. But now, she knew better. She had simply been applying parts of the Force to enhance natural abilities, and she had done so without being aware of it for years upon years.

Shooting through the busy streets, the Lupine did not care what she tumbled over. She jumped, lowered herself, and dashed forward as often as she needed to, often being able to go under place that no human could enter. Still, she had every reason to suspect that the males would be able to follow from above.

As one of them asked where there were going, Alwine snarled. It was good that he had asked, that he had reminded her of what the mission was. I am following the blood trail, she sent back to both of them.

After what seemed to be almost too long, Alwine came to a stop. It was a small alley, with no visible exist, and several doors. One of them was their door; large, tall, made of wood, and covered in blue paint. Alwine growled at the door. She'd always loathed the color blue.

"How long have you been with the Confederacy?"
He turned his head to stare out upon the ocean with a gaze that saw not the present but the past. A slight frown creased his face as the waves rolled in unseen.

"Since the beginning. My brother found the CIS when it had just been founded. I came with him. That was when we only had three planets to our name. When ideals were not this lofty aspiration but a reality we lived in. When every day we fought for the things we as a people decided was worth fighting."

His hand scooped a pile of sand and tossed it toward the water.

"Back then we stood on our morals, detesting slavery in every form we questioned at what point was artificial intelligence sentient? We had allies of cyborgs and machines as we asked hard questions. We weren't afraid to lose a fight against a more powerful foe, as we stood for the just cause. We didn't seek to be identified as a warmongering nation but instead looked to diplomacy. We built great cities, had medical advances, sought to cure infected that had no hope."

His hands rubbed together whilst lost in the reverie of the past.

"We were the gods of our fates. System leaders spoke to one another. We knew the faces of each other. We strove to better our systems but also to help our neighbors. But at some point gods fall, the line of morality is blurred, and good people turn corrupt."

He raised the ale and drained the bottle, hand swiping across his mouth as eyes never left the horizon.

"Eventually the name of the Confederacy became synonymous with war. We stopped asking the right questions and looked for the easy answers to assuage our conscience as we called the drums for war. We grew to great extension seeking more expansion at the cost of our systems within. Diplomacy died to be replaced with a mocking charade. Hypocrisy runs deep as we ignore the careful line of slavery we once questioned so deeply just so we can guilt free run a clone program from the spoils of an Imperial Empire that had done the very same thing."

He stood and dropped the bottle to the sand and looked at [member="Iapo Sim"] sitting there listening to the morose musing of a pained man.

"I've been here since the begining. To see the death of freedom and diplomacy and the rising of an Empire. To see the constitutional charter ignored in Viceroyalty meetings by once esteemed colleagues. I was here when I had burning hope. Now all I have is the taste of it's ashes."

He turned and walked away.

Korvus Starfire

K
Objective-Sandcastle

Apart from the recent troubles in his life, the eight year old was still very much a child. A kid if you could say, sure his upbringing was much different than that of an ordinary youngster. Korvus still had that need to engage in that joy in his life, which at this current moment.

Was creating a sandcastle.

Korvus had been to the beach on several occasions believe it or not. His parents when they were still alive tried to give him as much freedom as was warranted, and they often took him to beach simply because he loved it very much. If he could make credits doing this he probably would. However he knew he wasn't that good, an apprentice to be sure. The right amount of water, sand, some had to be moist and then be left to dry out in order for the shape to stick. It had been little under an hour, Korvus wasn't too aware about who was around him. The only thing he hoped was that someone wouldn't come by and accidentally ruin his masterpiece.

He blew on part of the castle a little bit to removed some of the sand that had fallen up the castle just be way of being carried by the wind. Korvus giggled slightly as he stood up and took a look at his creation. There could be some more work done to it, but for today, that was sufficient enough. The kid looked around finally and realized there were a few people nearby him. He glanced over to [member="Scherezade deWinter"] who was the closest. He had no idea who she was however he could use an useful opinion.

"Hey miss, what do you think?!" Korvus inquired rather enthusiastically. A smile on his face as he waited for the answer. He was really expecting anything to be honest, constructive criticism was something he wasn't afraid of.

New_Project_31.gif

Tags: [member="Korvus Starfire"] + Feel free to join!

Madalena had been entirely lost in her thoughts. As her fingers continued to doodle in the sand, her mind was away, trying to remember. There was something that was important about the beach, about the sky, about the water. But what? She knew she was supposed to know, and it felt as though there was a fish in the back of her mind, a fish that she could not grasp. Something important. Something she had forgotten.

The Sithling closed her eyes, trying to focus. She'd never been overly good at meditating; meditation usually ended up with her opening her eyes and feeling the need to do much more violence than before. But maybe, just maybe, if she could control herself enough now, if she could reach deep into her mind, to find a way to block… Was that a wall in there?

Her hand came up, wanting to touch it, even though it was merely mental and her skin would never brush against what made it. Yet someone had called her.

Hey miss.

Madalena opened her eyes, the memory of the wall vanishing entirely and almost immediately, and her gaze fell upon a child.

Immediately, a warm smile spread over her features. It was hardly a secret that the Sithling loved children and wanted one day to have a whole bunch of them. In the meantime, she mostly made due with babysitting her best friend's son as often as he'd let her.

Moving her focus to the sand castle he'd built, she let out a sound of appreciation, and then got up to take a closer look, ever so careful not to accidently kick sand towards the fort.

"This is some really good work, kidlet," she nodded enthusiastically, "you do this often?"

Korvus Starfire

K
Objective-Sandcastle
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

"Thanks." Korvus said as a bigger smile appeared across his face.

Some good work?! Korvus thought as he glanced down to his castle feeling quite proud. While he had expected anything, this still surprised him. "Thanks a lot!" Korvus voiced again to the woman. "I hope to make one even bigger next time. I just need more time to do it." Korvus glanced over to the water and for a brief second couldn't help but get lost in the distance seemingly trapped in an illusion of his own happiness. Tragedy was still about in his life, and he knew to get over it was to be as happy as could be and to distract himself from the world while not exactly in it.

"My parents before they were killed would take me to the beach quite often." Korvus said rather calmly, he had gotten over the event that claimed his parents lives and he admitted he had stopped crying over it. In truth he had become numb to the whole ordeal. That was when he met Jayce Pryde and here he was, a citizen of the CIS and whatever else he could be. He hadn't thought much about what he could be, he just knew that he wanted revenge.

"So I would build sand castles, as many as I could within the amount of time that I had. Since I tried so many within a day they didn't come out as good as this one. So I decided to just stick to one a day. A thought would come to mind and I would then draw it in the sand and build."

Korvus looked from the girl, to the castle then back to her with a small smile. "I'm Korvus Starfire, what's your name miss?"

New_Project_31.gif

As the child smiled, so did she, widely and genuinely. Madalena loved seeing children smile. When he thanked her, she nodded, her eyes still on the beautiful sand castle. He needed more time? How much time did one need? She couldn't remember ever trying to build castles. Would she be any good at it if she'd tried?

"I'm sorry," she said quietly as the kid said his parents were killed, and now to a seat besides him, ever so careful not to accidentally send a kick of sand towards the castle and destroy parts of it.

Building sand castles as a way to cope? The Sithling blinked. She did her own paintings when she wanted to cope with hard things, but she could hardly invite a little child over without his guardian if she wanted to show it to him.

It was only when he asked his name that she was cut from her thoughts, and she shook her head, letting a small laugh out.

"I'm Madalena Antares," she introduced herself, "my parents were killed too. But I paint instead of build sand castles. How much time do you have left?"

Korvus Starfire

K
Objective-Sandcastle

"Thanks." Korvus said softly as he watched her take a seat next to him and Korvus sat back in the sand sitting in his legs. "I'm sorry too." The child said as he placed a small stick with a very small flag that he made himself with the Confederacy emblem on the walkway connecting the two towers. She knew what he was going through, Korvus didn't want to pry to much so he just showed her a smile.

"Madalena Antares?" Korvus voiced in a curious tone. "That's a pretty name. I'm Korvus Starfire."

Painting? That's something he couldn't ever remember doing. Korvus remembered in his life seeing paintings that were hung up in the Jedi enclave and even some that his parents had on their ship. They looked amazing and he wondered how someone had the patience to do those things. The more the child's mind thought and then he thought about his sand castles and the answer was pretty clear.

"I think I'll be here for a few more hours, just enough time perhaps to do another." Korvus said as he looked out towards the water, and then a big smile came across his face as he looked back to her. "Hey! Do you maybe want to build a sandcastle?"

New_Project_31.gif

Madalena nodded when the child said her name to make sure he'd heard it right, and then nodded again with a smile as he repeated his own. "Thanks Korvus," she said warmly, and held her hand out to shake it. She remembered that as a child, she'd always feel so grown up whenever she got to shake hands with other adults, it was almost like an acceptance ceremony. It had been so… Naïve, and innocent, in a lovely way.

When the offer to build sand castles came, there was little the Sithling could do to hide her surprise at it. "Me?" she asked, "are you sure? I've never done it before. What if what I make ends up ugly?"

Korvus Starfire

K
Objective-Sandcastle

Korvus' eyes lit up when he got the understanding that she would want to build one. The young kid giggled slightly and shook his head. "No, don't be worried about that!" He couldn't understand why she would think her's would end up ugly. So she hadn't done one before, that didn't mean anything. At least not to him, maybe she had a natural talent for sandcastles.

And besides she had Korvus to help her, so it would be anything but that four letter word. "Sometimes what I do, is I try to picture if I had a castle, what it would look like. Sometimes it takes a few minutes, if you just start right out then you end up changing things mid build and it can sometimes backfire on you." Koruvs stood up for a minute and held his hand out to her. "I'll make you a deal. I'll help you through this if...?" Korvus raised his hand to his chin considering something to throw in for a deal.

"You maybe, show me some of your paintings?"

New_Project_31.gif

Not to be worried about that? Madalena laughed. Of course she was worried; having never built a single sand castle before, for all she knew the kidlet could put her in his back pocket with his amazing castle skills. It wasn't much that she minded it being ugly, but more of it being ugly while placing it by the pretty castle that he had already built.

But then he explained how he went about it. Picture if she had a castle? That bit would be easy; if Madalena was to imagine anything of that kind, the so called castle would be the Forbidden Temple in the stories she and her brother had made up; an ancient, terrifying thing, full of power and might, that his a core and a kernel of love on the inside.

And it came with an offer; he'd teacher, she'd show him.

"Well," she chewed on her thoughts, "the thing is, my paintings are on the inside of my ship, because I paint on the walls there. So if you wanted to come see them, it'd have to be with the permission of whoever is watching out for you, and they'll have to come as well. That's the only way I'll agree to this."

He might not know it, but instilling safety in children was always important – Madalena had zero intentions of making Korvus' guardians worry about anything.

"So if you're good with that – we got a deal!"

New_Project_32.gif
Wearing: Obsidian type Strike Armor | "Executor" Boots Exclusive [Carried by [member="Lucien Rayne"] ]
Wielding: Obsidian Knight Sword | WindWhisper [Carried by [member="Lucien Rayne"] ]

xVXAam.png

Slow. They were too damned slow! Alwine growled, taking a few steps back from the door. She was not about to wait for the two humans to bother showing up. It was time to take matters into her own hands. She already knew that she could use the abilities she'd learned with the Force both as a human and as a wolf. But now, she was going to have to prove that at least one of the non-mental abilities was within her paws as well.

She took a few wet breaths and braced herself. Within moments, the Lupine channeled the Force into her muscles and darted forward, strengthening her speed and brute Force as she jumped against the red door, pushing it forward with sufficient strength so that it toppled inwards, torn off its hinges.

The smell of blood was almost overwhelming to her now. Inside, was not just their killer. The murderer was standing there, a brute of a man, tall and wide. Around him, dozens of bodies hung like cattle from hooks, in different stages of rot and despair. It was not just that one woman he had killed. Alwine doubted that these were the only deaths he had under his belt. He had probably killed dozens if not more.

There wasn't much one could do when a predator launched at them. Running away was the best bet, usually. Alwine was already in the air, her jaws aimed at the murderer's jugular vein. The murderer however, held a knife up. It didn't matter. She wouldn't let it matter.

Alwine's jaws closed around his neck. The taste of meat and blood was strong in her mouth. The man toppled over and fell – alive or dead, he would not be getting out of here.

And Alwine? She landed on the floor, only to fall as well, the murderer's knife wedged between her ribs, leaving her to yelp and pray to the Gods that help would arrive on time.

[SIZE=11pt]With the she-wolf’s savage bite, the wayward threat to the vacationing Confederates was eliminated. In little time a handful of droids would be sent to clean up the mess. He would be taken in, given a proper “confederate treatment” and any co-conspirators would be uncovered and ruthlessly eliminated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Of course, the She-Wolf was not left to die from her wounds. Collected and taken to the nearest medical center, she would not be allowed to die so easily from her wounds: no, would take more than that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And with just a little more blood spilled, the air on Bestine IV relaxed: it was finally time for the Confederates to just be able to enjoy themselves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]|Just because the Dominion has been wrapped up does not mean you guys need to stop posting: there’s more beaches to see, booze to drink, and poor life decisions to be made.|[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom