Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Beacon In The Nightstorm

The Call

Salazar was meditating in one fine morning when he heard a metal been forged. He knows the force works in mysterious ways. But he chose to ignore it for once. He again went into his meditative trance when he again heard the hammer hit the axle. This time he didn't break his meditation & concentrated on the noise.

He saw a massive starship, surrounded by a very beautiful scenery of red giants, neutron stars, pulsars, and blue stragglers. He identified it as the Cosm’s Well, one of most beautiful star clusters in the galaxy! As he went inside, he recognized it as a forge of some kind. He kept following the metal beating. Again & again. He followed the noise to a woman who was beating a metal that glowed brighter than anything he’s ever seen and the light somehow cooled his spirit beyond imagination.

He opened his eyes as his meditation broke. Without wasting any time, taking it as a call from the Force, he travelled to the cluster & searched for the starship for 168 standard hours after which he suddenly felt a faint metallic hum call to him. The closer he got, the more prominently he could hear 2 faint hums, one from afar, another from inside his own lightsaber, as if 2 long lost mates calling to each other. He kept following until he found the ship from his vision. He tried to contact the ship via his communication set. But he got no response. As if the ship was abandoned. He roamed about the ship for a while until he found a hatch he can dock into. As he found & docked into a dock, he was surprised. Such a large ship & so easy to dock! It must be a trap. But no matter how hard he tried to convince himself, the Force kept signalling him otherwise. Something in him told him to trust. He was well educated by his master to know that the Force never does anything without a reason, even if It lies!

He gave in to the Force, and went into the ship without drawing his lightsaber. He followed the exact path he visualized in his meditation & the pathway was exactly the way he saw. Everything was ditto to his vision. He eventually came across the woman he saw, beating a metal. But the metal, unlike his vision, wasn’t glowing. Only this time, both the metal & the inside of his lightsaber were humming with a frail but distinct audible sound! He took his lightsaber in his hand & kept looking at it. Trying to figure out what all of this means.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Salazar Niminen Salazar Niminen

The celestial forge was aptly named... one of the most advanced in the galaxy yes but it also had other features... namely a large collection of materials that some couldn't even dream about that had been formed from thought and force energies.... she knew full well how to do many things here and the sound of the hammer as it struck the metal released force energy in smaller shockwaves. Someone hand entered the ship but few knew about the choushin at the heart of her ship. THe nexus it made repelled and sickened darksiders... someone entering and staying meant either they were jedi or not corrupted at least which alleviated some concern.

The sound of the hammer striking the metal again as she looked up and up. The jedi quartermaster was smaller then most after all and built like a house with broad shoulders... long hair pulled back in a ponytail out of her eyes... apron over the front of her but most importantly as she held the metal in a set of tongs and looked it over with a face mask on she set it back down and struck it three more time to get the curve just right. Then set it into the water near her as it steamed but she could feel the sensation of the force before she was speaking. "Be careful." her voice coming over the sounds of the fire around her and the ship itself.

One hand going as the hammer returned to her hip and she didn't need to twist it to release the blade... her saber built into the hilt was only for a disguise and protection if she should need it... she didn't think she would taking the helmet off and shaking her head as beads of sweat rolled down her skin and she looked over at the cathar with a raised eyebrow. There were more sounds within the forge as she brought up a hand and the sonic mufflers for the sound kicked on to let them speak without having to shout... she walked forward and rolled her shoulder taking in the sight of him. "So what bring you here jedi?"

The Doubt

Her voice broke his trance. It was bold yet so peaceful. “A true voice of a creator”, he thought. He looked at her for a moment, then again towards his lightsaber. He stayed quiet for a moment, trying to understand the will of the Force here. After a few seconds of silence he spoke, “A vision. I was meditating when I heard the beating of your hammer. I envisioned this place & came as soon as I could to understand what it meant. The closer I got, the more prominently heard 2 hums, one from inside my lightsaber, another from that metal over there inside that water container. I can still hear it. As if two souls bound by love singing. Can you please explain why it is so?” He then came back to his sense and added, “Forgive my manners. I am Salazar Niminen, a Jedi Knight of the SJC. May I please ask who are you? What is this ship? How did you know that I’m a Jedi?”

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

She looked at hima nd motioned off to the side for a moment when he was speaking. "I see..." She tapped a finger to her chin for a moment though and off to the side of the forge spoke. "To the first the metal is call solarite and it is one of several that has been developed here. The second question.. this is The Celestial Forge, a force workshop for the jedi's technical division and I am Krass the quartermaster of the Jadeite. We supply you could say any of the jedi orders and enclaves should they want equipment." She went to the far wall though and held a hand over a panel that opened it to reveal different pieces of metal and equipment.

"There is a lot of different things... but if you are getting visions of the Solarite then that is easily used we have also developed Lukite which augments your mental awareness of the surroundings. The Eighth Metal which is developed for meditation chambers... it is a meditation focusing crystal exponentially enhanced. Our projections have a battle meditator being able to reach across the galaxy not just a planet. Tetherite was developed and it allows one who has bonded with it to recall it from almost any distance through their connection. Teruo Metal is simple and one fo the first we made... it drastically reduces the weight of items it is smelted with."

She said it and was presenting the different materials while they also have saber components. "If it is going in your saber though an Iso-Didact power cell is important... the tri-chamber design uses kyberite crystal to enhance the vacuum energy it pulls and exponentially increases it. No recharge needed and it won't run out of power when cutting into materials like beskar." She tapped a hologram of a room where armored Heralds were practicing. "We created the Jenoshi training chamber, it uses the force to dilate time so they can train for months in a single day." She said it and looked at him... "And I know you are a jedi because the nexus created by the lightside tree at the heart of my ship repels darkside corruption."

The Glow

Salazar was awestruck. Not just because for all the unique and unheard projects that were being carried on aboard The Celestial Forge, but also for the fact that the humming didn’t bother her. He recollected himself and asked her, “You do have a pretty good setup here. But can you please explain why My Lightsaber & The Solarite Metal reacting in such a way?” Then he went on to add, “Oh! I should tell you something. My lightsaber is powered by a Solari Crystal. I found it just in the nick of time when a Sith was about to destroy it. Does that ring any bell?”

As he was saying this, he wondered. What if he requested her to modify his Lightsaber with the Solarite & also for some modification to his armor design that he was making for some time now? But he hesitated. He was in a dilemma. On one hand, A Jedi shouldn’t crave for exotic possessions; on the other, he is after-all a Major General. He needs some modifications if he needs to win certain battles. He gathered strength in himself and asked almost expressionlessly, “Can you please explain to the reason to me? I may request to you to modify my lightsaber with the Solarite if you would allow so.”

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

She thought about it but... "I am not certain, the force can still act in mysterious ways but the solarite was made from solari crystal and the dreaming... a pocket dimension of solid force energy the jedi have learned to access to make some of the more exotic pieces of equipment." She motioned for him to bring his saber out and place it down while she was looking at him... "And I am a quartermaster, my position is to make sure the jedi have the best equipment and work on the latest designs that can function for them." She said it with a grin though on her face. "But yes we can work on your equipment, just tell me what you want to make."

The Decision

“I would like to see what happens when you infuse Solarite into my lightsaber’s hilt. If both the metal & my lightsaber crystal are connected in anyway then I speculate it might enhance the light-side connection this lightsaber & I have with the Force.” He was certain there is some connection as all his time with The Grandmaster of Knowledge, in the library, in the academy & venturing out in the galaxy, Salazar’s never heard of a connection like this. He had to try. All he can to further himself into the light. To be a better Jedi so that he could carry out the will of the force.

As he was thinking all these, he remembered. He was designing a new suit for himself. But he was unable to find any good materials to make it. Thankfully, he had brought the design with him. He took out a shabby parchment from his pocket & opened it in front of
Krass. “And can you please also advise me on materials & other modifications to this armor design please? It is a very personal project of mine.”

01.png

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

She was looking at it and the saber was there as she took it and set it on the table. Bringing over a small chair with one hand and activating the kirano visor with the other as the band of hardlight went over her eyes. THe parchment with the armor design she was checking out as well and put it on a screen that made a hardlight model of it after scanning it that she could move around and enlarge. "Stand still." She was looking at herr and held the image of the armor up while toying with it and tapped for a moment. "Lets see what we can do with this." She was messing with somne of it while preparing many more of the pieces off to the side with one hand before she even needed to look at it.

"Constructing a saber is easy enough, we might need to change a little but the metal will be able to function. You will just have to be carreful, the metal is lightweight when in the hands of a jedi who is bathed in the lightside of the force.... but if you falter the metal becomes heavy... more so then many others can try and lift." THe same could be said for any of it... "As to the armor a lot of things could be done.. we have been working on sections and parts to make different robes for the ranks and classes of jedi." She touched it and opened one of the wall panels though as a Nezu Box appeared. "This could take some time so you can possibly help me in some of my endeavors yes."

The Construction

Salazar breathed a sigh of relief. Crossing his arms, leaning on the wall beside & shrinking his posture a little, he said, Then please do integrate the Solarite with the lightsaber. I would know where I lie in the force the instant I pick it up. He again pulled himself together & coming forward, leaned on the table with his arms on the table spread a little wide looking on the hardlight model, he said “And please do suggest materials for every component of the armor.”

He was more confident in his approach. But he was keeping a check on his as not to give in to any kind of greed.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

SHe nodded as he seemed to be ready and prepared with her eyes shifting for a moment to activate devices... A fabricator working to bring the other components. The fabric made from skylar and the metal solarite would be important but she was bringing all of it around. Her eyebrow raising with his speech... she was for it though as knoowing where you are in the force is important. "It should do just that but be care to not over emphasize this. The metal is an extension of the force yes.. crafted from a crystal sliver and cosmic force energy but it is not all powerful. It is not going to give answers to things it will only connect with you." She looked over though while tinkering with the saber and the ship didn't move but the bangmangi system itself was functioning as it anchored them around the room. "Now be careful, the transition can be a little jarring and the dream dimension can be dangerous if you let wild thoughts loose."

The Belief

“Son. You will find two kinds of helpers in life. And sometimes in some situations, both. One will be that person, who will only show you the path. The other, will be even glad to pick u up in his/her own arms and carry you to the finish line. Never go for the latter son. For you will have no control over where he leads you. But if you walk a path shown to you, you will know it, understand it, and judge it as it truly is. No matter the situation. No matter the time.”

Salazar stood there for a few seconds looking down, as he was thinking this speech that his father gave him on his 10th birthday. He then took a deep breath and said with a firm tone & a cute smile, “No problem. I can manage. I am doing this just because the crystal & the metal share close connection in the force. It would be foolish to keep them apart when they are calling out to each other from millions of miles apart!”

After saying this, he slightly frowned maintaining his smile and continued, “And what transition are you talking about? Do explain it to me. I would like to know more!”

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

"This one." She said it and the slip drive was working as the sound came first... like a pressure on ears for a moment that would build and build before it ended and she sat there. "The forge is able to transition the forge into pocket dimensions. Where we are now, survivors and pacifists escaped to a long time ago and their thoughts, their dreams could become reality as they saw it. It is how I started to forge the metals and materials that are able to be used by the jedi." She said it and stayed where she was but her hand came out as the air shifted... changed.... allowing the air to solidify at her thought into an ingot of the solarite. "It can be different but your thoughts should be careful... other padawans have created things you could rarely believe."

The Jolt
As the transition started, Salazar felt a sudden high fluctuation of pressure in his ears & just a flicker of the thought of his self-righteousness was about to lead him down the path which Krass warned him about. He quickly recollected and contained himself & shook his head.

“And I presume some of them weren’t something one can cherish?” Salazar said with a smile. “Ok. Let’s do it.” He rubbed his hands in excitement & with a slight joy in his mind like a small kid waiting for something magical to happen.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
She waited for a moment. "I have seen things you wouldn't believe and just makes me wonder what happened to some of them in the past..." She said it and gave a long drawn out stare for a moment but it was half in jest as her hand came out and the force built in pressure for a moment as her hammer came to her hand. The head of it humming with the force energies and she had designed the hilt to hold her saber but the head was made to smash darkside artifacts with pure lightside.... here though it worked the forge and metals when she held a hand out and manifested a sheet of the prismatic metal in her hand and took it to the anvil. "THis anvil though was forged fgrom force light, just like the head of the Jǫrmungandr is can if needed destroy most darkside objects should you ever encounter something that is dangerous. We have the nezu box and that can bind it until it is brought here." Shge started to work on the metal shaping it as the fires in the central area started to burn white hot and blue.

The Beats
Salazar kept looking as Krass hit the hilt, again and again. The sound was of course big, but there was something assuring about it. Something that soothed his spirit. Leaning towards the ship’s wall, he closes his eyes and remembered his meditation back on Kashyyyk. Even with eyes closed, he was able to perceive the crystal & the metal. He felt responsible. As if it was his duty to keep his centre to the light. He questioned his recent actions to find if he had done anything that was enough to get even a whisper from the dark side. He needed to meditate, he knew so. But now was not the time. He opened his eyes, sniffed quickly, went upto The Quartermaster & said with a playful smile, “Do tell a tale on one of your unbelievable expeditions! At this point, I would believe it I assure you.”

Then he brewed a doubt and without holding it, he instantly asked her, “Have you ever felt a pull from the dark side? Even a flicker? I mean after you became the fabled Quartermaster. I would love to know what you did when you felt it. How it affected your life?”

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

She continued to work as he spoke and he wanted a story... she could give a few from expeditions that she had done... she had worked with materials few others would be able to think of or imagine and exploring the depths and furthest reaches of the galaxy was an important thing. Tha being said his second question was there and she stopped turning to look at him. "The darkside is everywhere.. it will always be around. fight it, resist it, run from it, cower from it... makes no difference. Most jedi I know seem to believe if they eradicate it they will have utopia but it only takes one negative emotion to bring it back and jedi do not rule... even if they could be lords.. controlling the masses so that they do not have ager, or rage or hate... would be like trying to stand at the bottom of a mountain and stopping an avalanche."

She said it but waited as that wasn't what he asked.... "Me though I understand it... there is something to be said and I am reminded of something a princess said when we went to rescue a fellow jedi at the time." She smirked at that and while it had been a questionable mission... the jedi in question ended up running off with the sith who had 'kidnapped' her because she only contacted them when they disagreed about something. "She said to a sith who tried to turn her to the darkside..... "If the darkside makes one so much more powerful then why haven't you been able to win?" Krass looked at him and waited for him to think about it. "it isn't profound.. it is not going to change the world but the darkside can be a quicker path to getting things... while corrupting the purpose. You will end up wanting power for the sake of power and your goal will be gone."

The Struggle
“Hehh!” Salazar chuckled as to have recollected a funny memory. All these years, in his journey through the stars, he never encountered someone with such a good sense of humour. Most Jedi he knew were quiet and serene. He remembered someone he fought long ago.

“I once knew & fought a Sith Marauder who would’ve loved to argue with you on this matter. She was probably quick to a draw her lightsaber as she was with her wits. She asked me something very similar to this. That we Jedi strive to make world a better place. How close are we to that goal? It was after I returned to the academy that I reflected on her question. I was in deep meditation for 4 days until I understood something ma’am. Something I think we Jedi rarely understand and more rarely try to suppress.” He laid out a sigh of regret and continued, “The world needs both the light & the dark. We light-side users train to be the embodiment of the light. Greater the Light, Darker the Shadow it casts. The better we get, the worse the dark-side user gets. It is inevitable & I don’t think this war is one that will end. Because if any one of us won. There will be a shift in balance that the Force won’t tolerate. I read the old scriptures ma’am. The Jedi during the Clone Wars were unchallenged for more than a millennium, so they lost their ways. The brotherhood of the Sith during the ancient times of Darth Bane existed far too long & so forgot what the Sith truly stood for & so Darth Bane eliminated all of them & started the infamous Rule of 2. Even the Rule of 2 stayed unmatched for a millennium & so gave birth to likes of Darth Sidious who disregarded the rule of 2 & trained more than 1 disciple at a time. I fear the Force gave us no other choice but to fight them & the same goes for Sith. Neither can we come to a truce nor can we win over them ever completely. There will always be a gifted, helpless & abused child who will murder his or her family in cold-blood & sought out the Sith scriptures & by becoming a Sith will make his pain roll over the whole Galaxy. Maybe, that is the Force’s humour towards us. That we being the patron of Light, can’t radiate to all places. There will always be dark corners & this is an eternal struggle that we can’t back down.”

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

She looked at him and didn't break pace while working on the material shifting it and molding it into a cylinder with grooves where the components could be set. "A more common view of it, light and dark exist just be careful many more happily accept and flaunt such a view." Krass said it and she finished hammering and shaping as she had the hilt of the saber bringing out one of the tools as she started etching it on the inside to hold the components. The exterior she was making the design markings for the different components. "It is not a perfect view though, balance between light and dark is easily swaped one way or the other always and the hardliners will rise up soon enough."

The Memory
Salazar nodded his head. “You couldn’t be more right. I myself sometimes wonder what would’ve happened if we Jedi had COMPLETE control over the galaxy. Could we really have brought about the galactic peace that we preach to bring? Or we would also fall prey to the darknesses of politics? My father was a clan leader back on Cathar. I saw him sometimes taking questionable decisions. When I would’ve asked him the reason behind it. All he would say is that the true fruit of politics doesn’t bear for atleast one year after full implementation of the plan. Most of the time he succeeded, other times, he would’ve failed miserably!”

He then crossed his arms, smiled a bit and asked The Quartermaster, “So where are you from? And which order do you affiliated to before thinking of serving all Jedi?”

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
There was a raised eyebrow as it was a curious way to ask the question but the jedi master wasn't one to play big games. "I was in the cilver jedi long ago, When they betrayed Grandmaster Sorel and exiled her for not wanting to work with the IRon Empire and support their darksiders many were... disillusioned with it. What had started to end corruption had just become another face of it. Gone were the ones who stood against Kiskla who allied the jedi with the sith." She shrugged and continued to work on the saber as she was bringing in the assembly parts of it for the interior. THe small housing and the mount... insulation and the power cell... "Though my home world is nothing impressive, the guild of hammer came and recruited many of us with a chance to come offworld... then the Pyre dissolved and I was taken in by the jedi where I learned how to put my skills to use making equipment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom