Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tetherite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
6212571-9412913425-bd196.gif

Tjo2M.gif
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Power emanations from the City of Dreams were untraceable in realspace due to its ethereal nature; in this way, its citizens could monitor Imperial transmissions undetected
the city had been created by his "psychic power," and everything in the dimension it existed was not material, but rather composed of "psychic energy."

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Model: Tetherite
  • Modularity: Able to be smelted with different metals
  • Production: Limited
  • Material: Exotic Matter
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Metal
  • Weight: Weightless
  • Color: Prismatic
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: None
    • Kinetic: None
    • Lightsabers: None
    • Other: None
    • Sonic: None
    • EMP/ION: None
    • Elemental: None
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Bonding: Designed within the dreamscape to bond deeply with one who uses it. The metal is like a high powered magnet that is attracted to the one who it is bonded to and able to when they reach out for it able to be pulled towards them.
STRENGTHS
  • Exotic Matter: The ethereal nature of the metal makes it near weightless despite being and looking dense within the pocket dimension of dream. In realspace it can be grasped and there is a steady supply able to be used by Krass. When smelted with other materials it can decrease the weight of the material created by 50 percent. The exotic structure with the solidified force energy being able to skirt gravity as it has mass but does not become weighed down as long as there is force energy within it. When smelted and added to materials that are largely heavy it can reduce the weight depending on how much is use (ie: a few grams compared to ingots.. a couple grams might take off some pounds while an ingot will reduce the weight but also the quality of the metal since it doesn't augment the resistances.
  • Physics Meet Metal bat: Being from the dream pocket dimension the metal has unique properties generated and made by Krass. in this case it is psychoreactive and able to be bonded to a single person. That person can then bring it to them like they were holding a massive magnet with the range being hard to determine as they have to be able to sense and feel it.
WEAKNESSES
  • Protective Qualities: Largely non protective in qualities as it doesn't fully adhere to the rules of physics. The metal looks dense and like it would be highly protective but it isn't.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Force Nullification: Composed of solidified energy from a pocket dimension. Within a force nullification field it becomes heavy. The molecular structure is super dense but able to skirt and not adhere to physics like gravity normally. Without the force to preform this it becomes almost impossibly heavy to lift.
DESCRIPTION
Brought forth from the dreaming pocket dimension, Tetherite is one of the few metals that Krass has been making and experimenting with. The pocket dimension of the dreamscape for lack of a better term gave a chance to make almost whatever you could think of... whatever you could imagine. Her experiments with it being largely in how it functioned and reacted with realspace. The effects were largely... hard to verify. The exotic matter was dense... solidified energy that reacted much like the force to voidstone but was not entirely the force itself. it was more dense and exotic but it wasn't bound by physical limitations. Gravity for one as it had mass and it was for all intents and purposes super dense... but it was also not being weighed down by the galaxy... it was outside of it so long as it was functioning with the force. Voidstone could make it revert towards realspace and prolonged exposure in theory might convert it after time but that would require experimentation. The tetherite itself functions with the force and by creating a bond to a single person.. much like a jedi finding their kyber crystals and how it calls out to them so too does this. The metal when used within equipment can allow it to not adhere to some of these physics in the galaxy. Normally though it will have mass thanks to the other metals it is made with, it will be physical and if it encounters force nullification it becomes almost impossibly heavy... but the ability to throw it or call it to your hand with a bond that is through the force. Its properties is one of the more unique as it almost works like a blood trail locking in a person to what they have bonded with/marked so they can bring it to them.

Last edited:
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms - I'm not going to lie... this submission showcases how wild the ideas were from the '80s, and probably one of the reasons why our Mouse-eared overlords wanted to reset the EU/Legends universe. It relies heavily on In-universe conjecture and is further expanded upon by vague capabilities, which allows it to perform feats already capable in Star Wars through the manipulation of magnetic and gravitic fields. So, bear with me as I try to breakdown a few points and try to explain my thought process.

First of all, due in part to the quotations surrounding psychic energy, I'm lead to believe that this Kingdom of Dreams, alongside the City housed within, was created through a manifestation of solidified Force energy. Essentially a massive illusion that was birthed from the mind of a pacifist and his supporters, given form and somehow capable of travelling through dimensions before being destroyed by a hyperdrive's anti-matter being funnelled through the turbolasers. So, shifting back to the submission proper - as psychic energy is basically the Force by a different name - how would this metal react when ensconced within Force nullification zones? Would it lose, or dampen the weightlessness factor and become astronomically heavy? (I'm going to reference your Solarite metal here, as it bears similar properties - but deals with someone's Force alignment, where this does not.)

Exotic Matter: The ethereal nature of the metal makes it near weightless despite being and looking dense within the pocket dimension of dream. In realspace it can be grasped and there is a steady supply able to be used by Krass. When smelted with other materials it can decrease the weight of the material created by 50 percent.

Secondly, how much would be required to decrease the weight of other materials? If I placed a gram of this manifested "psychic energy" into a Neuranium Warhammer that could warp the space-time fabric of gravity because of how heavy and dense it is - would I be capable of swinging around like a whiffle ball bat? I understand that we're working with something that's almost impossible to quantify, and ridiculously vague in the EU/Legends lore, but I think it would be for the best if general estimations were woven into that strength. Naturally, that can be listed in the description proper, or the special features so you're not bloating that section of your submission.

Thirdly, while the Star Wars universe is described as Semi-Newtonian in terms of Physics - there are some laws that this needs to adhere to, especially when my earlier points are brought into the equation. This submission is incredibly ambitious in its intent, and I don't feel like what's written in the description gives anyone an idea of how it works when brought over into our Character's perception of reality / the prime dimension. While I'm sure some appreciate the history of how it was obtained and the potential for its use... we're talking about something that begs to be considerably be fleshed out and explored, especially since the EU/Legends sources are based wholly on comic book conjecture, and seeks to break even the established "laws" of the Star Wars universe itself for the sake of an... "interesting" storyline.

So, I'd like for the description to be fleshed out accordingly with details of how this metal reacts to our dimension, why it's able to confer the 50% weight reduction in other materials, and etc.

If you believe that this judgment was unfair in any capacity, you're welcome to request a Second Chance from the respective subforum to request a new Factory Judge to review this submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom