Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Beachfront Healing -- SJO Dominion of Kattada Hex

4oTWqJa.jpg
The planet of Kattada was not too far off of the new Capitol of Commenor. And after the strike from the Bryn’Adul, there were so many injured from the attack that the medical frigates had to make it somewhere to rest and recover. Many of the injured and leadership had made it to the world as the hospitals could provide an area for rest and relaxation. The Silver Jedi had a few different people arriving by the day, smaller corvettes, and frigates, loading the injured down to the hospital and setting up a bit of an area for rest and recreation. The world of Kattada had provided a number of doctors and medical personnel, but the small camps set up were also staffed by Jedi. The Silver Circle of Healers were doing their best to educate those who wanted some training in healing, and healing those who needed the help.

The world was set up for a lot of different forms of entertainment, the least of all being the beaches and diving, but beyond that? The citizens and the guests were able to come to the world and enjoy the tropical feel, the winds and the sea. Smaller vessels were here, diving, fishing… They had a lot of a opportunities, and some of the Jedi were already out enjoying the wind and engine power vessels. It really helped ease the tensions and there were even dignitaries from the planet working to learn a few things about what the Concord could deliver to them.

The planet had sent word of a ring of smugglers that were moving weapons through Kattada, using one of the islands as a safehouse, not too far from the main starport. The world’s Policing Agency has contacted the Order of the Silver Jedi and Defense Force for specific help. Those that take the task are given the location of a warehouse, used to store the weapons, holofootage shows a number of speeders coming and going, and the Kattadans have a lead on the inside. Working with the local police, we are breaking up the ring. You find yourself already en route as part of the strike team, or scoping the warehouse out, looking for threats.

yQFtMkN.png

Objectives:
  1. The local government has given the SJO permission to recuperate from the Battle of Yurb on Kattada. Many are weary, wounded, and unaccounted for. Whether you are the wounded or the able, now is your chance to seek aid, find friends, and heal
  2. Take time to rest and enjoy Kattada’s beautiful climate. Relax on the shore, there you can go diving on the crystal blue beaches, dance on the bamboo stage, drink a Zeltron on the beach, or otherwise recover from the horrors of Yurb.
  3. Arrest the smugglers and seize their illegal cargo. We start en route and arriving. NPCs will be group written, and there will be some guidance from Kaia Starchaser on this objective, but go nuts!

Last edited:
Objective 2

It wasn't simply about Trandoshan cuisine anymore. Some survivors from Yurb, where horrors were unleashed by the Bryn'adul and caused heavy casualties, still needed to heal on a sandy beach, Lervon or not. Maybe some trip to the beach on Kattada would make her go for a swim: Varindar was simply attracted to the lure of the swim ever since she even ran a five-star hotel, and even before that. She swam on planets such as Manaan, Noasis, and, oh she would dream of swims on Rishi, or Lehon... but Kattada was the one place where she could provide some morale to some Lervon that needed it. Several of them never saw bodies of water large enough for alien races to swim, much less the actual swims. As that swim started, she realized some of these Lervon treated swim races as exotic, even with Elianne that, for the first time since Ceraluen, left Trandosha.

K A T T A D A

2FS8YbB.png

Objective #1: Provide/teach healing
Tags: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Open!

Liaising with the local hospital had Ilias on Kattada in advance, but it was his most longstanding student who did most of the talking, giving him more input on her. He'd gotten a taste of how Chiara's manner and handling of triage had evolved (based on his prior teachings) back on Peace Station, and was now guiding her through a new season of her Jedi path, towards mastery. There were new things for her to learn that would enable her to do far more under her own power, a necessity to support the Jedi cause in the midst of so much darkness and suffering. Suffering that was sometimes inflicted on their own, as evidenced here on Kattada.

Here they were simply splitting the work. A knight herself, Chiara could and had been working independently before they had reconnected once again; Ilias was doing much the same, and meeting some of the newer members of the Silver Order, in the process. While he could simply take a moment to conduct his own analysis, he was often much more interested in hearing of the aches and pains through the experience of the injured, if the situation allowed for it and the patient was alert enough to entertain it.

"So, tell me about your pain," he insisted after introductions with Okkeus Dainlei had been made, a question perhaps strange coming from a Jedi, until more context was provided, "where it hurts, how it feels, and... what caused it? If you can."

Nine centuries hadn't made him any less of a Healer. Nay, seeing all that was brought down upon the galaxy time and time again only affirmed his vows.

Wtpj8GI.png

Location: LL-1210 Light Freighter Sleight Hand, nearing Kattada
Objective 2: After action review with other fleeters/pilots

There was something to be said of the tranquility of a near empty starship. The muted but consistent whirling of the ship's hydraulics in the aft along quietly added a sort of melody to the steady background fanning noise provided by the ship's life support. Alone in the ship's cockpit, Gir gingerly pulled the yoke of the Sleight Hand gently to the left, bringing the vessel in a gentle arc to the port. His blue eyes scanned the horizon and the world of Kattada with it. He delighted in the bright blue swathes of oceans which covered most of the world, reminding him fondly of his own homeworld of Hast. It seemed a perfect vacation getaway, and a fairly reasonable one considering how close it was to the Core. Yet while the man knew he would enjoy the world's scenery, his actual purpose for being here would be far less enjoyable.

Several bright lights flashed on his HUD which were quickly followed by scrawling aurebesh script. Ah, the joys of receiving automated landing instructions along with an automatically generated flight path. Well...that's at least one less person that I have to talk to. He flipped several switches on the ship's dashboard, putting the ship's autopilot in charge of following the flight provided to him. He hated following the strict paths typically provided - it was tedious process which typically didn't allow him to check out points of interests as he saw them. Yet he wasn't all that surprised that they were used on a world so close to the Core. The sheer traffic involved probably necessitated their use out of safety collision concerns. It was a job for a droid. The man slowly propped his feet up as he watched the freighter begin to descend on its own accord to the tropical paradise below.

The door behind him whisked open to reveal Sariya, who promptly arched an eyebrow before settling in the chair next to him, and then setting her own booted feet on top the canopy's framework. Gir arched an eyebrow back. Is she mocking me? He spared a glance at the echani's face, but it was almost entirely passive, though her own gaze seemed to be studying his. Oh great...He broadly swept a hand towards her.

"No beach attire I see."

"Look who's talking."

"I haven't changed yet."

"Let me guess, you're going to take off your jacket? And Bam! Gir's all changed and ready for some fun in the sun."

"Maybe."

"I have a better question for you. Why am I babysitting you here, and Ariela's off doing else on the Waystation?"

HRDs don't like water? Probably can't tell her that though...

"There's something different about her," said the young woman slowly, "she's not like most people, is she?"

"I'm not sure where this is going..."

"You can start by admitting that she's not just your secretary or aide or whatever you call her. And you don't just keep around because of her looks either. What's her real job?"

"Did you ask her?"

"She told me to ask you."

Typical.

"What do you think it is?"

She briefly hesitated, perhaps the first time that Gir had even seen her caught offguard in a verbal match, "You'll tell me if I guess correctly?"

"I'll give you two guesses. Think carefully."

He turned his attention back to the ship's viewport and watched the city of Haleoda begin to fill the canopy. Sunlight glistened off of the gently rolling waters and the beamed off of the city's steel structures. Vibrant greens swayed with the wind while the alabaster sands before them remained unmoved. Gir could practically smell the salty air and feel the warm sand beneath his feet....

Jyoti Nooran Jyoti Nooran

Last edited:

Ripple

R
Objective 3 - Secret Agent Otter

Ripple was geared up for, not a firefight. He had set his mind to the task of dissembling the pirates gear. Jedi, or the more military folk around him could take care of the fighting. Standing all of about sknee high to those around him, he doubted the pirates were expecting his presence. Especially when he threw a wrench into their speeder bikes or other toys. The idea of being a liability was not on his mind, and he fully intended to be some kind of help in the matter. He checked the wrenches, engine tape, and sealant before he blew out a squeaky breath.

Tarish Galland

T
OBJECTIVE ONE - Use the force to heal my broken body
TAGS: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau

Tarish was uncomfortable, constantly. There wasn't enough medicine to dull the pain, and no one wanted to give him more without it being on schedule. Numerous amounts of fractures, the connective tissue between bones and muscles had been torn in places. Muscles had ripped at the over extension of Force Body. It had begun to break apart the inner workings of his body, and would have done worse had the bryn not smacked him so thoroughly and knocked him out.

His thoughts shifted to Amani, his breathing causing his torso to burn at the effort. His ribs had threatened to puncture his internal organs, and had he not been Atoan, he likely would have had severe heart damage from one muscle pushing so hard. Silver linings you could say.

He coughed, the effort making him wince as he wheezed and choked on the cough. "Water...alcoholic-water, please." He called, still managed to joke even as his eyes watered at the pain. Force body and use of the dark side had been his undoing. Had he not fought with anger, had not fallen down that path, he might have walked off the field instead of being carried. He was alive at least, and could work to bettering himself, once he wasn't bed-ridden.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Objective 2: Rest and enjoy Kattada’s beautiful climate.

Caedyn Arenais wasn't one to turn down an opportunity like this, certainly not after all they had been through. Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had spent long enough cooped up inside the medical wing, it was time they were both allowed to relax a little. Surely they'd earned that much. This was what he had told his Padawan at-least, when he informed her that they'd be taking a break from regular duties to enjoy a vacation period on the world of Kattada.

Being a teenager, he had given her free reign of where she went and what she got upto. Hopefully it wasn't going to be to his own detriment yet while his Padawan could do as she pleased, all Caedyn wanted to do was lay upon a towel surrounded by sand and showered in the hot light of the sun radiating overhead.

After Yurb, you'd think he'd seen enough sand for the time being, but no...-No this was nice and relaxing. Pure summer weather without the drama's or obligations that came with the life. Now if only Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe had come with them, this would be the perfect getaway.

Objective 3: Smugglers
Tags: Ripple

Audren hadn't been with the SJO at Yurb. He'd been involved in other matters almost halfway across the galaxy and had returned to Silver space just in time to hear of the entanglement and rendezvous with members of the order on Kattada. Many were returning there for healing and to unwind; he didn't know any real specifics but it such coordinated healing hadn't been required for a long while. Much to his surprise, upon arrival he learned that the local security forces had requested help in neutralizing a weapons smuggling ring. Most or all of the others had recently returned from combat, so he volunteered to go up against the smugglers.

The Sephi was in place on a transport along with several others. They were en route to the primary target, a location that local forces had named a safehouse for the ring. The safehouse was a warehouse, one that had been visited by a number of speeders. Either the whole idea of a safehouse wasn't high on the smugglers' minds or something else was going on...the warehouse was supposed to store the goods, the safehouse was supposed to be a safe location completely unrelated. He could ask them about their thought processes later though; right now they had an assault to run. It had been some time and he'd needed to clean some dust off of it, but his armor surpisingly still fit. An earpiece connected him to the comm network used by the operatives. He carried his lightsaber of course, but also had a flash-bang and concussion grenade clipped to his belt. And a holstered sidearm. A couple pairs of binders rounded out the collection. Trust in the Force and in those with him...but be prepared.

There was a fair-sized group for the assault. Jedi, soldiers, and even a few of the local security forces were all on their way to this warehouse. Maybe it was a significant danger for the locals; he didn't really care, they'd asked for help and he was here to provide it. The Master personally would prefer to have a couple teams in play and staggered objectives: a roof team for quick entry and suprise assault, a ground team that would enter once things got loud, and an interdiction team to stop anyone running. He hadn't been asked for his ideas however, and figured that others would be operating on that front. They did have several professional soldiers with them after all, who in theory could put together a much more effective plan than he could.

One of those traveling with them caught his eye simply for being unusual. The aquatic-looking creature stood knee- or thigh-high to most of the rest of the beings here, and rather than weilding a lightsaber or blaster carried wrenches and tape. Those weren't typical combat weapons to be sure, but the elfin Jedi was ready to be surprised. As long as having this one here didn't cost lives and was helpful, he was welcome.

Objective 1
Tarish Galland | Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau | Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Amani took a slow, deep breath as she stepped onto Kattada. She herself had been rushed to Silver Rest given the emergency of her condition. Now, she was finally being permitted to take leave of the temple, under the condition that she be watched extremely closely by her medical droid companion.

Even with her recovery hastened by a few days in the bacta tank, she still had a ways to go before she was back to her full strength. Force Body had pulled and strained her beyond her limit, every movement was laced with pain, especially as her medication was wearing off, and her left shoulder felt even worse. In all, Amani was exhausted. Her rest was restless, and it was obvious in her appearance. Like her energy was constantly being drained. Her use of the Dark Side in the battle only amplified this.

Amani walked past just in time to overhear Tarish ask for water, halting in her tracks. She felt like she needed to see him, perhaps for both of their sakes. The padawan silently stepped in, her droid right on her heels, and she promptly floated a cup over to him; Using the Force even for simple tasks had become a part of her recovery, as it at least kept her from further physical strain most of the time. She moved into his view, sitting down across from him but unable to look him in the eyes. After a moment of silence, she muttered weakly, “...Hello.”

Objective #1: Heal my hurting body
Tags: Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau Tarish Galland Amani Serys Amani Serys

Once the bombs went off on the Bryn'adul ship he blacked. From what he heard he was picked up by Gir Quee Gir Quee . From there he was put into emergency medical care. Fading in and out of consciousness he could faintly see the doctors working on him. But after only a few seconds of being awake, he went asleep...for a week.

Okkeus woke up in a wheel chair. A bandage was wrapped around his right eye, his right left, and his left side of his rib cage. He saw some cuts and scrapes just about everywhere on his body. Signaling someone over he asked what happened to him.

"From what I have heard from the other medical staff was that your ship was hit by a Bryn'adul bomb. It slammed you into the control console, knocking you at. You took in more fire before being scooped up by a fleetsman."

He got hit? Oh no...that could only mean one thing.

"Is my ship still together?"

The nurse let put a soft laugh then a smile.

"
It only hit the engine, so you are in luck."

Letting out a sigh of relief he watched as the nurse wheeled him toward the doctor's room. Apparently his injures were too serious to be worked on, and they could only be healed by the force. One of the tires squeaked as they do continued down the hallway. Finally the nurse stopped in front of a door. It slid open, revealing a man behind it. We said our introductions as they lifted me onto the bed. Everything seemed to hurt. He winced in pain as he flattened out. As the nurse left the doctor asked him to describe what hurt.

"If I'm being complete honest, everything hurts. From what I heard I slammed head first into a X-Wing control console. It feels like it just got hit in the back by an angry Bantha. But mainly my right leg and left side hurt. My eye I can't even feel right now."

Looking into the mirror in front of him, Okkeus slowly took off the bandage around his eye. Once removed, he saw it was swollen and bruised. Even though it looked bad, it was still a pretty sweet black eye.

Tarish Galland

T
OBJECTIVE ONE - Use the force to heal my broken body
TAGS: Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau Amani Serys Amani Serys

The sound of a droid nearby caught his attention, enough that he controlled how heavy he was breathing in order to listen a bit better. Even that effort hurt though, and quickly enough a cup was floated towards him. From his spot, he watched Amani Serys Amani Serys come into view, unable to twist at the moment. You have to be perfectly still. No bending or twisting. You've swollen so much there is no point in a full cast, you'll just shrink in it and we can't make sure you aren't moving. That hadn't stopped them from putting him in splint casts though.

She could see his light clothing, tank top and shorts beneath sections of cast splints. There was not very much scarring on the man, a single large burn mark on his leg and a few razor thin scars across his left forearm. Largely, besides the cast, seemed intact. His left arm was free, a slight wrapping at the shoulder but entirely free from there down. That was the arm that reached out and took the offered water. He would have given her a better look, but he neck splint made that almost impossible.

"Hey. Good to see...wheeze...you on your feet." He spoke slowly, taking care to not wind himself on the words. Taking note of her avoiding his gaze. "Figured you would. Be out a bit longer. How are you. Holding up?" His words were timed with his breathing, almost comical given the half-hearted smile he wore.

OBJ III
SMUGGLER'S BLUES

Kattada. Probably one of those few planets this close to the Core that usually went unnoticed. Perfect spot for a smuggler's ring but also quite terrible; good weather, nice ladies and cheap rum - distractions that killed your caution.

"Loosen up, ol' man. This is a damn gold mine, heh." an ugly looking goon, a colleague by smuggler's trade, told Zef as a long-legged lady sat on the man's lap. He touched her with no shame. The ol' scoundrel was no moralist, that didn't bother him. He'd been almost the same when he was that young and wild but he always knew how to read a situation. Always aware and that's why he had outlived the age cap of smugglers.

Zef grumbled something and turned his back to the goon, "Suit yourself, heh." he heard him say.

The old smuggler stood up from the crate he'd been sitting on and started moving the crates with TechnoidTM Disruptors carelessly spread around the warehouse to their hidden compartments. One knock and entry by enforcement would reveal that this warehouse was nothing more than an illegal weapons cache. Earlier, Zef had tried to whip the karkers into shape but when Ladies' Hour rang his orders fell onto deaf ears.

Cursing, swearing and grumbling under his breath, Zef Halo proceeded with the heavy physical work as his bones creaked begging for mercy.

Age wasn't just a number.

ALLIES // Scumbag Smugglers
ENEMIES // SJO | Audren Sykes Audren Sykes | Ripple

Objective II
Beaches of Kattada

"Dammit..."

The smooth, flat pebble only danced a couple times upon the surface of the water until it drowned beneath the waves. Cursing under his breath he plucked another from the shoreline with his mechanical hand, and tried again. This one turned out even worse.

"Dammit!"

He'd lost the touch for it with the removal of his limb. No amount of servos, however finely-tuned and sophisticated, could ever match up to the human touch necessary to properly skip rocks. It was an art taught to him by his father, and one he'd hoped to restore, but so far his efforts had proven meager.

Thirdas, frustrated with his cybernetic appendages, sat down on the white sand with his arms folded upon his knees. He gazed out at the ocean, so very beautiful and inviting. So unlike the Great Maw of Midvinter, which was little more than an icy grave for the foolhardy and inexperienced sailor. It was not the kind of ocean one eagerly went for a swim in.

He sat and watched several of his comrades mess around in the crashing waves, playing like children. They'd deserved to let loose after the horrors witnessed back on Yurb, where so many of their brethren had perished in brutal fashion. They were just happy to be alive, he supposed.

Entire battalions worth of soldiers, those who'd made it out alive, had been offered to come to this Kattada for some much needed R & R, including the newly-promoted lieutenant and his Dorn Company. They'd suffered almost fifty percent casualties defending that damn shield generator outpost, and yet Thirdas had come out more or less unscathed. A part of him felt guilty; that he should live while others died horribly.

That battle had taken a personal toll on him as well with the loss of Nida Perl Nida Perl 's eye. It was the first time she'd received such a grievous injury in the years he'd known her, and he could not help but think it his own fault. He should have been there to protect her. Her and her sister. Even if it had cost him his remaining pair of limbs.

A few of his comrades waved at him, telling him to come join in the fun. A less-than enthusiastic wave of his metal arm informed them of his unwillingness.

Instead Thirdas closed his eyes and took in the calming sound of crashing waves and tropical avians chirping in the nearby trees. And, not knowing why, he decided to cross his legs in some vague attempt to enter a meditative state.

Brows furrowed as there was the slightest of tapping into that great mystery known as 'the Force', but it was immediately followed by him shaking his head.

"Ridiculous."

Objective II

Beep.

Beltran floated in that place between life and death.

Beep.

"Force, this guy's a mess. Nurse, re-tractor. How is he even still alive?"

Beep.

"Multiple perforations of the large and small intestines. Suction, here please."

Beep.

"I need suction here and here."

Beep.

"Feth! I nicked his spleen, he's bleeding out. Tissue re-generator."

Beeeeeeeeeep.

Moving further into that nethery shadow world, Beltran felt himself slipping away. Part of him, the part that clung to life with every ounce of strength, that part fought. But another part of him, the part that was bone-tired of all the violence and all the hatred and pain, that part yearned to let go. Here, there was no pain and Beltran was grateful for that.

No, my son. A voice called to him. It is not yet your time. You have more to do. There are those who still need you to protect them. You must go back.

Beltran struggled to argue, to find some point that would allow him to stay here in this painless state forever, but already he could feel life clinging to him. It was pulling him back, forcing him to feel once more. Forcing him to remain in that place of violence, pain and hate.

You must go back.

Beltran sat alone on the beach, legs crossed and looking out at the water. Technically he was on bed rest, but he had managed to sneak out this morning. He knew it wouldn't be long before the hospital staff noticed he was missing and sent some MP's out to find him, but he planned to make the most of what time he had.

Some of the others had started to come out now. He noticed Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield , newly promoted to the rank of Lieutenant, skipping rocks some ways down the beach. He considered going to speak to the younger Ranger, but that would require moving. So he would sit for awhile longer, using the Force to dull his pain while he contemplated life, death and all the things in between.

HwcMsHn.gif
Objective 1: Heal the broken bodies

Karra let her eyes flutter shut as the sounds of nature surrounded and engulfed her. Despite her own plans to create a safe space for people recovering from the stresses and dangers of the wider galaxy, there was something that could be said about the simple purity of a place like this. You could hear the water rolling against rocks, the tide coming in, tweets of bird, and the rustling of leaves against one another, and that was just scuffing the surface of what was around her. If she dared to look a little deeper she might find and feel something even more, but as it was, she didn't have much time to herself right now. She was only out here to regain her strength for a few moments and this felt like the best place to do it. The Living Force flowed strongly here, in the ground beneath and the skies above, all speaking to that small voice within that moved her being...but enough with the philosophizing, there were patients that needed tending to.

Karra opened her eyes and turned back to the medical facility, looking it up and down before stepping back into the madness. All around, survivors of the Bryn attack were being treated for anywhere between moderate to severe injury, some had died too. In addition to its usual traffic, things were busier than usual. Even so, she couldn't help but feel a little distinctive, walking down the hallways checking over people in her sandy robes, metal staff accompanying her along the route. It was a bit off-putting but she tried not to think about it, she had spent enough time hiding away from people, it was about time she stepped up on the front instead of mindlessly researching in a library. The doors slid aside to reveal her latest charge, being tended to currently by a nurse: Tarish Galland, fellow Jedi and...oh my. Karra could feel the extent of his condition just by being near him, his body was in pieces and...was that...? She could feel the slowly dissipating taint of the Dark Side, ever so slight, but still there for anyone with a trained eye- erm, ear- ah...sense? Who cares. She looked over his info on the datapad, letting out a slow breath as it scrolled downward; Force Body was the cause of his woes it seemed, made sense, the body could only handle so much on a regular basis, let alone being pushed past its limits. If he weren't a Jedi or been so close to help, he would have been a lot worse off, even crippled, but providence is a wonderful thing.

A cup floating over to him drew her eyes past her patient to another, an emerald skinned girl that tickled the back of her mind. She could've sworn she knew her from somewhere, but she digressed. It seemed he had a friend at least, good, talking would be a bit strenuous for him but social interaction made the time go by faster. Karra walked up to his bedside with a warm smile.

"Hope that's just water, you've done enough damage to your body as is Mister," She retorted, smile giving way to a slight smirk. "You've been through the wringer I hear, Mr Garish, you too, Ms...Siri? Sorry, I don't have your file so my memory's a little fuzzy."

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei Amani Serys Amani Serys Tarish Galland Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau

Last edited:
Objective 2

Morale was key and she knew it; however, Lervon didn't eat the same as humans. So juggling between morale to Lervon and non-Lervon patients on the beach meant the swim was on, especially with Elianne still being able to give Varindar a good run (or swim) for her money despite both of them being out of the competitive swimming scene. Nevertheless, to even non-Lervon refugees from Yurb, the exotic show was mesmerizing to them, much like Geonosians that considered humans/Near-Humans exotic creatures for gladiatorial purposes. The Lervon didn't even see any of them swimming before, and they wondered why they couldn't just crawl the sand; meanwhile, some Lervon adventurer did just that: crawl underneath the water, in an attempt to follow them around. I won't let Elianne have it easy here in these waters, she thought, not realizing that both girls were being followed around while they were swimming, oblivious to the likes of Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield or Beltran Rarr Beltran Rarr .

Objective 2
Location: Secluded canopy on edge of beach-- behind mesh sunscreen, cause flup sunburns D:<
Interacting with: Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser

I'm afraid scans show it's as we feared-- there are too many breaks across too many points. The limb is effectively crushed, it's best we replace it.

No.

There is no coming back from this-- the bones are in shards--

I SAID NO.

...Padawan Perl, there is only so much the force and our sciences can do-

So do it.

Child, you do not understand. It would take months to see if regained use of the limb is even plausible-- the recovery time is astronomical. A cybernetic replacement could allow-

"I don't care. This is my arm. I'm keeping it."

"Doctor, listen to her-- she's made her choice."

"But Master Starchaser, there's no guarantee-"

"Then she'll come back to you. Let my daughter try."

Who ever thought your right arm was so important. Opening drinks. Putting on pants. Eating. A new arm would have solved everything for Kyra. This day and age was almost illogical for her to not lean into Cybernetics. To her, the decision felt right.

I lost my arm to sith. I was foolish. I thought I was better than I was. I don't want that for you. WelshGuy WelshGuy 's words haunted her that day in the hospital.

If she did lose the arm, then the break down in their relationship-- his accusations of her being too lackadaisical... Without direction... Untrained ... well, she wasn't get to let him be right. She wasn't going to let the prophecy come through.

But her drive to keep her own flesh and blood drove deeper than her pride. The day she realized she could not pick up her saber to train, her strongest skill with Caedyn Arenais was the hardest. Kyra's path felt directionless, and she was forced to lean into the foresight of her master and trust there was a way past this. Yurb had striped her strengths from her and left her weaker than ever before. Still, Kyra's decision to risk fate and put in the work to rehabilitate her limb was unshakable.

Some things could just not be explained.

Kyra remained confined in private, efforts made to be unnoticed by others as she hid behind the mesh-- watching the fun but not joining in. Some wounds were mental and just took time.

Last edited:
Objective: 2

Celeste gazed out towards the warm waters of Kattada.

And then she aimed a sideways glance at Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser . He'd convinced her that she'd earned a quick trip to the beach after recovering from the birth of the twins. Fortunately, her parents were staying on Commenor to help out, and they had been more than happy to babysit. It had been years since she'd cared for an infant—let alone two of them—and it was in a word, exhausting.

Round-the-clock feedings, round-the-clock diaper changes— they needed these things one right after the other, every time. Since Coren had returned from Yurb, he'd been put on diaper duty.

Celeste loved Coren, but she was still a bit sore at him. And the snappy-nature of sleep deprivation on her part hadn't helped. He'd left them at the hospital to go fight. This time, she'd been convinced it would be different—he was a different man now, right? Maybe not. It seemed that she hadn't been able to temper him, not quite.

Still, she understood it, but they hadn't really talked it out yet. Kyra had been there, too—and she'd been injured. The girl needed her father's presence. Being reminded of this fact was enough to calm the healer's tired mind.

With the warm sand beneath her feet, she walked the secluded length of beach. The waves came up to ankles, but the water was pleasantly warm. And the lingering resentment dissolved away. After all, it had never been her way to hold on to grudges.

“You're just trying to get back on my good side,” she said, not quite looking at her husband.

Objective One
Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei | Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau | Tarish Galland | Amani Serys Amani Serys

yQFtMkN.png

It was all hands on deck.

He hadn't been on Yurb, thankfully. He had avoided the battle, the war, yet he had heard the stories. He had heard the masters around the temple speaking of the screams they had heard through the holocommunication servers as they tried to contact those on the front lines.

Caden had heard the screams in the force, it had scared him.

When he had come across two of the older mentors within the temple talking about flying out to Kattada, he had very quickly signed himself up to assist. He had heard that Kattada was being used to house those who fought in the war in the aftermath, allow them to recuperate. Caden wanted to help and the two mentors seemed very open to any help they could get, and so the next thing Caden knew he was strapped up into a shuttle, bounding across the stars.

It hadn't been a long flight, but it had been one spent in anxious silence, everyone on board afraid of what they'd find, the results of a hard fought battle on Yurb. Everyone on board that shuttle was tense, no-one knew quite how bad the damage was and quite how many were hurt, or worse.

Dead.

The hospital that had been set up on Kattada was chaotic, Jedi running around through the crowds, unsure of where to put themselves. Caden half fought, half pushed through the crowds, just trying to find someone, somewhere that he could volunteer himself. He wanted to help, he needed to help.

It was only by chance he spotted Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei being helped up into a bed.

Again, he fought through the crowds to get to his friend. He was being tended to by a Jedi ( Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau ) that Caden didn't recognize, but that didn't matter. He wasn't aware that Okkeus had been on Yurb, and he was now overcome for concern for his friend.

He approached the bed, and bowed respectfully.

"Master Dainlei"

He looked up to the Jedi who was tending to his friend.

"Don't believe we've met. I'm Caden, this here happens to be a friend of mine"

The young Jedi Padawan flicked his eyes back to Okkeus, smiling. It almost seemed wrong to smile in such a situation, but the battle was over with and surely that was a reason to smile. Everyone who was injured was being helped out and surely that was a reason to smile.

"How did you end up like this Okkeus? Do I even wanna ask?"

He cast his eyes back up to the Jedi healer, his excited eyes, desperate to help out.

"How can I be of use, Master?"

Last edited:
He couldn't remember the name of the planet, but he knew that smell. Ocean salt-water. Sand. Crystallized rock, the sounds. The sound of waves, people moving around. Sand crushing beneath his feet.

No gunshots here, no explosions, no screeching metal, no crashing ships. No screaming enemy, no roar of passing rockets. He remembered that was where he got his scars- some of them. He blinked, having to blink several times. Tried to make sure he wasn't back on the sand, on his back-

He could vividly picture it, could feel it again.

He blinked, getting back to where he was.

Fight was over.

They held the line.
They won.

He won.
Right?

He took a long drag of his cigar, breathing rapidly. He was walking along the beach, stopping when he spotted Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . Another one of the Perls. But she had the same look he did, almost 20 years ago when he first started out. The same bleakness, but he only had his face scratched up his first time out in the fight.

She nearly lost her arm.

He walked along, closer to her, puffing on his cigar.

"War ain't pretty. Never got why people wanted it so much."

His brutal, curt honesty was jarring to most Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom