Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beach Day [SJO, Allies, LS]

Stretching her body, Kat looked around at the small group that was now around the barbecue. It was amusing to see them all, huddled and hungry for food, she took a burger and had a large bite. It was juicy and cooked perfectly, it was good to see that everyone was getting along. "I'm Kat, Padawan and tech head." Kat introduced herself to the newcomer. She then turned to Caedyn and grinned, "this is pretty good. Where did you learn to cook?" She asked as she took another bite of her burger.

For Kat, cooking and eating were too boring, something that wasn't her speed. She often burnt her food by trying to cook it too quickly, higher the temperature the faster it would cook, made sense. Well, that was something that Kat thought made sense whenever she was cooking. Looking over to the others, she listened curiously to the conversation.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Caedyn Arenais"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Sigyn Vanir"]

When it raines, it pours.
"Oh my... No, don't do... that?!" the blonde muttered to herself in astonishment as the Tusken got himself into worse trouble.

If the situation wasn't so serious, Samara would have broke out in a fit of giggles at the predicament [member="A'runda"] was now in. How did one even get themselves so turned around in the lifebuoy in the first place? It was beyond the Liann, but this was not the time to debate that act.

The Jedi Healer could sense how panicked the swimmer was... or maybe it was the urgency or frustration that both [member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Tyrell Caphey"] wanted to help the poor man not drown. Whomever it was coming from, the young Knight sent calming thoughts out on a Force wave towards the group in the water.

Hopefully, the situation would right itself quickly.... pun intended. lol

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn chuckled to himself as [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] asked for lessons beginning with burgers, Kat Decoria soon asking him where he learned to cook whilst [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] among others, all stood around the BBQ listening and munching down on their food. "I used to be a member of the Je'daii Order before coming to Kashyyyk, actually" Caedyn smiled, a fond period of his lifetime that he did sorely miss, though that choice had been taken from him; "Students were often taught survival skills, especially as part of becoming a Je'daii Journeyer, meant having to go out on your own and visit nine other temples on a sort of pilgrimage type thing" he chuckled softly. He had indeed achieved this on his own, though by the time he had become a Journeyer, the temples had been abandoned by his Order.

"It helps to know how to hunt and how to cook yourself a feed from time to time, ya know?" He smirked, glancing to his side and looking back to his Girlfriend, thinking of their time spent upon Naboo most recently; "Especially if you're gonna be trying to impress someone" he added, his smirk widening into a sheepish grin as he turned to glance back to the others. Caedyn was, in that moment, the visage of confidence. Days like these were honestly far simpler than his former life. Despite being born into a filthy rich family, the Je'daii were known to go about their days with the bare minimum, to learn to appreciate what they were given in life otherwise.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"] | [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Jesse Organa"] | [member="Celeste Rigel"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Elyane Ossaki"] | [member="Kat Decoria"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Samara Raine"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] | [member="Tyrell Caphey"] | [member="Riamah"] | @A'Runda

Riamah said:
They did have a beach at the homestead Josh had built and they could go there pretty much any time they wanted. However, since Life Day, they had stayed on Kashyyyk to have Jason begin his training. Today was going to be a bit of a vacation for him and a day away from that. A chance for them to be like family.

Ra sat waiting for Josh to return with some food and was in thought. Thinking of the past few years and where she had come from, the changes that had happened with her and what had brought them on. Josh played the largest part of them and she smiled more to herself than anybody as she sat there thinking. Looking up and coming out of her memories when he came back, she took half of his load and set them on the blanket.

"Hopefully this will be a fun day. How is training going, Jason?"

Picking up one each, she started eating the hamburger and waited for his answer.

[member="Josh Dragonsflame"]
Jason had begun to learn to control how to hide his force presence when they were home, but they still hadn't gone home as much as they used to, just in case. It was something that irritated Josh and Jason both, but Josh understood it was necessary and tried to explain to Jason - who understood in some semblance but not completely. All Josh could do was keep promising him that things would be better soon. Jason was getting to grasp it though, he said, and that time would come soon.

The truth though was that Jason had already learned how to heighten and lower his presence in the Force. He had learned far more quickly than Josh could have imagined. But he and Ra had been working on renovations to the house in secret for some time, to the level that visits were mostly going to be spent working on the renovations with a group of droids they had requisitioned from the Silver Rest - who they would wipe the memories of after every visit to ensure that their homestead could not be found. Yes, their homestead now. Josh had invited Ra to live with him a little while ago.

The renovations were just about done. Jason's first trip in months - and the first of getting back to a normal schedule - the house would look brand new. He hoped Jason would have that to look forward to.

Once the food was set down, and Josh welcomed Jason to dig in, Jason would be interrupted when Ra would ask her question. "Daddy says I'm getting better at control" Jason would explain. Josh was still getting used to Jason being able to talk openly, though his vocabulary needed work. But he was a kid, he had time. He was just proud of him for all he had been able to do so far. "He said I could be ready for the next.... Next..."

He looked to his father as the word wasn't resonating with him. "Step" Josh would remind him with a soft smile.

[member="Riamah"]

if they're watching anyways
Auteme chuckled at the joke, then listened to Kahlil's question. She wasn't too sure why she decided to stay here -- most likely due to the fact that she had nowhere else to be. Her mentor had explicitly told her not to follow... but she wouldn't get into that too much. She didn't want to bore her new friends with a life story. "I'm just studying, I guess," she said with a shrug. She had a small room in the temple, one for visitors, quite close to the library. "I don't have anywhere else to be. And I think learning is really important, so might as well spend time in one of the greatest stores of knowledge."

As much as she admired the Jedi... "No, I don't think I'm going to become a Jedi." She had her reasons -- mostly because of the stories she'd heard of the warriors of the Silver Jedi. She wasn't a fighter, but she did want to help people. Once she found her path she'd follow it, but she wasn't sure it was here.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Eenia Vahn"]

Ra wasn't sure of the training methods of the Jedi, but sometimes felt they were too soft. With the Sith it was pass or die. While she wouldn't take things that far here, sometimes the threat of death was helpful. She didn't know how to incorporate those teachings but wanted to do something that inspired the students to get better faster.

She did have a kid friendly manner to teach stelth and supression.

"Maybe we can play a game of hide and seek? You hide yourself in the Force and I'll try to find you."

After eating, swimming and anything else Josh might want to do on the beach. It wasn't something that could easily be done in the wide open and they would need to go to some place wooded. On Kashyyyk that was not at all difficult to find, so bonus there.

"What is the next step?"

Taking some of the food, she was eating while Jason finished his bite to answer her. His manners were getting better and most of the time didn't speak with food in his mouth.

"Do we need to reapply the sunblock?"

Looking at her skin, she squinted slightly to see if she was starting to burn yet and then at Josh.

See with eyes unclouded by hate
While A'Runda was in his little hydrophobic frenzy he felt a wave of soothing calmness take him over, and he simply froze for a moment. After all with his breather it wasn't like he was drowning. He was just way out of his element and had no idea what would happen next. So he just floated, even though he was upside down.

He watched the clear-ish water move over him from below, wave after wave. Looking down at the sand below moving back and fourth over and over, and the occasional brave little fish that would swim past the unruly tTusken. 'This isn't so bad' A'Runda thought to himself as he took deep breaths from his breather. But even he thought it was odd for him to just stop his flailing.

Then, a particularly big wave sucked A'Runda in some as it loomed over his upside down body. With a sudden crash it made the calm Tusken tumble through the water, his limbs and head making contact with the sand below, but fortunately his aquatic body suit would keep him from getting a rash from the harsh seafloor. After he disappeared into the water his body would wash up on the shore after the water retreated. He was face down at first with the flotation devise still around his waist. Rolling over A'Runda looked up into the sky and wiped the wet sand from his dark visor. He felt it was appropriate to reflect on what just happened.

[member="Samara Raine"]
[member="Tyrell Caphey"]
[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Eenia's head had bobbed, taking in all of what was said to herself and Kahlil. She couldn't blame the girl for not wanting to become a Jedi, thinking back on it now Nia wasn't sure if she would have started that particular path if she have known then what she knew now. But that was a dark thought, and not one meant for today. No, today was to be fun and enjoyable, and she was using it to get her mind off of other things.

"Nothing wrong with that," she stated easily enough to Auteme. "Do you know what you might want to do instead, if anything at all?" She wasn't trying to pressure the younger girl, Nia was just genuinely curious over the matter.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"], [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"]

Auteme hadn't spent all that much time thinking about her future -- she'd never spent that much time on it. Her mentor had taught her to live in the present and all that neat stuff... but maybe it was time for a little change. What did Auteme want to do?

After a few moments of pause, she responded to the blonde. "I want to help people. Not in the, 'my way is better' sort of help, but... I don't know. Maybe I'll become a doctor, or a teacher. There are never enough of those," she said sagely. Despite Eenia's intention not to pressure the teenager, Auteme took it seriously -- questions were meant to be answered. "Then again... I want to see the galaxy. Find new places and things, even if it's just for me. But if I can find things that'll help people, or open the minds of others, that'd be pretty nice, too."

[member="Eenia Vahn"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

"Y'know, the Jedi could teach you how to do that. Be a doctor. We're not all warriors fighting battles. You could give it a shot, learn from the healers. See if the Jedi might actually be a path for you." Kahlil grinned to [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] . If he could help her see that perhaps the Jedi was a path, he'd do so. Though, he wouldn't try to force it on her. His gaze traveled to [member="Eenia Vahn"], shrugging casually. Better to offer something that might help then keep quiet, right?

Horus Arseneau

H
The jump that came from Elyane caused Horus to chuckle a bit. He offered the woman a brief hug, wrapping his arms around her. It was warm, even without the heat of the sun on them he enjoyed the heat she brought him. It had ended all too fast, however he was still smiling at the jump the woman had endured. "I'm sorry, but next time I scare you I can hop on your shoulders. I thought you were going to jump all the way back to Illyria." He could not help but chuckle in between his words. When Elyane turned towards Horus, he was able to take a look at her in the bikini she was wearing. The warm flush on his face was minor, but noticeable. He'd always thought Elyane was beautiful, but this was something more. He gave a meager smile to distract from the red crossing over his features. When she spoke of the sand, Horus bent down to take a fist full of the grainy material, nodding up at her. "It's soft and it's so clean it's almost white...." He could not help but mutter, "And there's no blood in it."

Illyria was war torn and had seen such an existence for most of the population's memory. When The Confederacy finally ended the war on his homeworld, it was as if the entire planet breathed a sigh of relief. "Maybe one day the beaches back home will look like this." Sometimes Horus worried that he let his own mind and feelings get in the way of a good time. He was empathetic, greatly so, and it often showed even in the most minor of capacities. When Elyane next spoke, Horus heard her words and his flush deepened.

He could not help but wonder if Elyane would actually want to go out with him. He chuckled a bit, almost awkwardly before setting his eyes on her. "I could...If you wanted to." His words lacked a bit of his usual confidence, but his eyes lost none of their light. Horus had a crush on Elyane for as long as he could remember, and so many days he imagined asking her out. Though her words had been teasing, they had still sparked something within the man that told him it was worth it to try. When Elyane spoke about the beach parties, Horus could not help but nod at what she said in agreement. When he imagined the Jedi he always thought of them as warrior monks who did not have time for....well, entertainment. However most of the people here were just like Horus and Elyane, many of them young and enthusiastic too.

"Yea, I always imagined the Jedi as being less fun." He gave a dismissing shrug.

Elyane thought Horus looked different, happier even. When she said that it caused the man to take a moment. He didn't feel particularly happier than when he left. He was excited to be back and even more excited to be away from ORO. There was also the fact he had his childhood friend back, so maybe he was a bit happier. He could not find a single reason, so instead he merely looked to Elyane with a thoughtful expression. "I just missed you, is all."

[member="Elyane Ossaki"]

The teenager was already deep in thought as Kahlil made his case for the Jedi. Fair, really -- Auteme was already learning so much just by studying at the temple, imagine what she could learn from a real live person. Then again, she hoped to get her hands on a Holocron -- that'd be just as useful as any Jedi master. Still, she rather missed her mentor. She needed to take her time.

"I suppose I could try... I met a healer at the library the other day, I'll have to find her again," she said with a shrug, looking up at the much taller young man. She paused, then gave a friendly smile. "I don't want to talk too much about myself. What have you two learned as Jedi? Anything I should be reading over in the archives?"

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Eenia Vahn"]

Eenia bumped Kahlil with her shoulder, and shook her head just once. He could convince just about anyone to do anything, especially young, impressionable minds. The fact that Auteme wanted to help people was nice to hear - in whatever way no less. "Being a healer of some kind, to me, is just as if not more important than being on the front lines of any battle or defense situation." she shrugged a shoulder. In a different life, with a different path, that most likely would have been where Eenia ended up, healing. But things did not turn out that way, not in the least.

When asked what the pair of them had learned, Nia sobered just a tad. What had she learned? Betrayal. She had learned betrayal so completely and thoroughly, and that betrayal could come from the most unlikely sources.

But, that wasn't her answer, of course. "Personally, I've spent the last couple of years learning not to get myself killed." she answered as an amused smirk lifted the corners of her mouth.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"], [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"]

"I learned how to not kill people and that there's more to life then mindlessly following the orders of your father." Kahlil had quite a different take on what he learned from the Jedi then [member="Eenia Vahn"] . He smiled to [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] , shrugging. "For once I feel like I know my place in the galaxy, and it involves helping people. As many as I can." Grant it, he was still learning his place. And his powers. There was much to try and figure out for this new path of Light he was walking, but he certainly seemed to be enjoying it.

When it raines, it pours.
Okay, this scene was just getting too funny. It was like one of those slap stick comedies that was shown on late night holovision; one unfortunate misstep after another. One could even describe it as a running gag from a certain point of view.

Samara watched helplessly from the beach as a rather large wave picked up the Tusken while bobbing upside down in the life buoy. It carried him for few feet, then unceremoniously tossed him into the shore as the wave came crashing down upon the wet sand.

The Jedi doctor ran over to where [member="A'Runda"] had landed in a hep. He was face down in the sand at first, then the Tusken flipped himself over on his own accord. That was a good sign.

"Hi, I'm Healer Raine. That was some landing you made... Are you okay?" Sam inquired, using the Force to do a quick assessment of the near-drowning victim. It appeared he was no worse for the wear, and seemingly the Force was with him in his little water adventure as evidenced from the Tusken's aura.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Tyrell Caphey"]​

[member="Riamah"] was lucky she didn't bring up the Sith teachings, or their pass or die mantra. Or she would have gotten a talking to. But with Josh's teachings, he usually told a student who was rushing that if they were not ready, they would die on the field. But nothing harsh beyond that, for it was unnecessary. A Jedi was at their best learning because they wanted to, not because they felt they had to. If they were there because they knew it was what was best for following the path they wanted to follow, then they would become great Jedi. Forcing it into them, well... There was a reason that the Sith ended up weak to the point that Darth Bane was easily able to trick them into falling victim to a mass exodus.

Not that the Jedi weren't susceptible either. They had become weak in the time of the Old Republic themselves, and paid the price. One had to learn, adapt, evolve... In order to stay strong. Sometimes that involved understanding that the way things were, aren't how things should be.

Shooting a smile from the corner of his eye to his students [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] and [member="Eenia Vahn"] as he noticed them, he would listen quietly, munching on his burger as Ra would offer an exercise to Jason. The five year old would nod his head in turn. "Okay!" He chirped. "Daddy says the next step is..." He trailed off, looking to Josh for a reminder. "More advanced exercises" Josh would clarify. "Doing a bit more with telekinesis, seeing how far his senses can go, maybe trying to start on the first steps of Force Powers. Nothing too big yet, he's young. But definitely worth seeing his progress and judging where his current limitation is."

"That" Jason responded. He didn't understand half of it, but he wasn't going to question it either. He then turned to his father. "Can I play hide and seek with Mommy?" He asked, a question that made Josh's brows shoot wide up. How long had he been calling Ra that? Was this the first time? Was it a slip of the tongue? Jason seemed confused at Josh's reaction, and Josh would just casually nod his head to Ra's question as he grabbed the sunblock.

After a few moments of getting his bearings, he had a moment to think on it. It was true that Ra had been the main motherly figure for Jason since he was two... The most present, the most around... But he had been calling her by name before this. It was probably a slip, he decided. He hoped it wasn't one that upset or made Ra uncomfortable though, he noted as he looked toward the redhead curiously. Jason though, seemed to eventually understand the silence meant he had slipped up, and the young one hung his head. "Sorry, Ra. Sorry, Daddy."

She was pleased her idea for hide and seek was something Jason liked and blinked slightly when he called her mommy. She had been half of a parental figure in his life, but he hadn't ever crossed the line and called her that. He had come close a few times, but had never actually said it.

Josh had more of a reaction than she did and Jason picked up on that. It did not upset Ra at all and made her feel warm inside. It was days and times like this when she thought things were too good to be true. This was like a dream come true and sometimes she just did not want to believe it. Something always happened and she dreaded the day this ended. Giving herself a mental shake, she didn't want to think depressing thoughts and listened to the answer Josh gave.

"There's not need to be sorry, Jason. I'm honored you called me mommy. It means more than anything to me, really."

Looking at Josh, Ra hoped he wasn't going to be mad at his son for calling her that.

Turning to glance at the people that caught the momentary attention of Josh, she almost dropped the food in her hand. Her eyes shined with a flash of anger and she looked at the small family for a moment and calmed down.

"Who is that?"

Pointing at [member="Kahlil Zambrano"], she knew what role he had in her life and wanted to know what he was doing here now. What she didn't know was who he was.

Auteme nodded along as she listened to the two explain, but she had a small tug in the back of her mind as she glanced at Eenia. Seemed like there was something else on her mind... so the teenager answered with a friendly smile, just keeping the mood light and positive.

Then again, Kahlil's response was rather... disheartening. For one, Auteme couldn't relate. She didn't remember her own father. She'd never followed the orders of anyone, especially not mindlessly. But she could relate to helping people. Life goals, after all. Again she nodded along. "That's... well, you Jedi seem to be pretty exciting," she said, chuckling softly. "I think it's good that you've found your calling, Kahlil. And I'm sure it's more interesting than it sounds, Eenia."

"What kind of stuff do you guys do around here? Not sure if beach parties are all that common with wise-old-masters of the Force," she joked.

[member="Eenia Vahn"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

The tusken looked more like a stranded sea creature, when the waves stepped in and helped Caphey and Starchaser to free him from the forces of the ocean. The large wave almost even swept the ranger off his feet but he managed to stay above the surface, then hurriedly trampled through the water and back up on the beach.

A familiar very familiar face had already greeted the soaked and now sandy tusken at the beach, and what better person to do it was there than Sam? Or healer Raine that she used to introduce herself to the alien? Ty leant over by their side. He seemed to be in better shape than feared, though. When the ranger medic noticed that the alien was breathing and moving on his own, the comic scene that just had played up before them almost got him into a laugh. He could not help to crack a slight smirk, also in appreciation that he seemed to be alright.

''For the rest of the day... I suggest you stay well away from the water. Until you've learned to swim...'' he said and glanced down at him and then at Sam to see if she sensed anything wrong with their patient.

He stood back up to offer Starchaser a hand for the help.

''Thanks for the help! He seems to be alright, luckily! I'm Tyrell, by the way.'' he said as he squeezed in an introduction. There was more calm and pleasant circumstances one could meet a fellow Silver Jedi.

[member="Samara Raine"]
[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Josh had been afraid to upset Ra, but the redhead appeared to take it in stride and Josh couldn't help but let out a sigh in relief. The last thing he wanted was to make her uncomfortable, even if it had been merely a slip of the tongue from a child who hadn't had a mother figure in his life before Ra, from as far back as he could remember. He'd lost his birth mother before he was two. Josh had done his best to raise Jason alone, but every child craved a mother figure. That was a void that Josh could not fill, no matter how hard he worked to fill the role of both parents. And being around the Rest, especially... Seeing all these children with their mothers. Atticus, Marcus, and others... Josh couldn't blame him for missing his mommy. And he couldn't blame him for accidentally slipping when it came to the person that had somewhat been filling that void. Though he didn't know if Ra filled it fully yet.

He'd need to ask Ra what her intentions were when it came to Jason. After being together so long, perhaps it was time to have that talk.

Jason seemed a bit confused that she was "honored" about it, as he didn't know what "honored" meant. But she wasn't mad at him, so he would instead rush into her arms, just happy that she wasn't mad when he was scared that she was mad. When Ra would point out someone nearby, Josh looked over toward them.

"That's one of my Padawans" He would explain. "Why?"

[member="Riamah"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom