Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banned Species List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circe Savan said:
There goes potential for creative freedom. :eek:
icestorm.gif

In Umbris Potestas Est
Tamara said:
@[member="Circe Savan"]
And also the 20 reports which would appear.
I suppose that would depend on how the individual character was RPed. Canonically, the "Celestial" trio that appeared in Clone Wars died, and Abeloth(assumedly made a celestial or a creature like one) was also destroyed. Saarasu Taalon was also destroyed as he turned into a celestial-like creature similar to Abeloth.

With regards to any Celestial character existing, and subscribing to the most plausible theory of tier becoming one with the Force, any surviving Celestial would be in a meat body that would never allow it to use any of its(assumed) power, as that would destroy the body.

Not to mention that canonically, ignoring the Ones, who are "what the Celestials became," the amount of Force power that these guys have has never been defined in canon. Add in that Celestial technology is banned on the board, depriving a celestial character from using such OP technology, and I'd hardly consider such a PC to be godlike.

Not to mention they'd have to abide by the rules on Force power usage, and would still only be equivalent to their Force rank.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
This is a good list, and something that was already in effect in a soft ban anyhow. Good stuff Tef.

*Goes to make the Easter Bunny*

Personally I believe the Skywalker Line should be off limits entirely due to the the pureness of the line. After all, the msot recent member was able to revive the dead and hurl a crashed star destroy when he was having a tantrum. I'd hate to see what they can do 700 years later. Also, the family is something of a SW sacred ground as he was the very first hero. Personally, I'd see it as something of a blasphemy against star wars.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Ayden Cater said:
@[member="Circe Savan"]
I don't see why you're surprised. Celestial tech itself is already banned. Why would Celestials themselves not be subject to the same scrutiny and policy?
Because regardless as to their technology being banned, and/or any canonical assessments of the level of Force power per individual, something never touched upon in C-canon or G-canon, they, like every other OP race in Star Wars, would still have to abide by the Force rank rules of the site. Eg. A Celestial of Padawan rank would still lose horribly to a Master rank Dark Jedi. Not to mention there aren't any canonical specialty Force powers Celestials have. Just keep their technology banned and there's no issue at all.

Celestial were the very first beings... they are hundreds of thousands of years old. We have no idea what their birthrate is or even if they have one. Making a padawan celestial would be against what they are. That's like calling God a simple Cherub. @[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
Vulpesen said:
Celestial were the very first beings... they are hundreds of thousands of years old. We have no idea what their birthrate is or even if they have one. Making a padawan celestial would be against what they are. That's like calling God a simple Cherub. @[member="Circe Savan"]
My point is, the site already has safeguards against the level of godhood creating a Celestial character would imply. Overpowered with the Force? Yeah, you have to follow the Force rank rules. Overpowered with technology? Celestial tech in all its forms are banned. Remove those two things, and I really don't think there's anything about the Celestials that'd make them a godlike race here on Chaos. Something like the Gen'Dai or Shi'ido would be more powerful on an individual basis, since they can survive almost anything.

Circe Savan said:
My point is, the site already has safeguards against the level of godhood creating a Celestial character would imply. Overpowered with the Force? Yeah, you have to follow the Force rank rules. Overpowered with technology? Celestial tech in all its forms are banned. Remove those two things, and I really don't think there's anything about the Celestials that'd make them a godlike race here on Chaos. Something like the Gen'Dai or Shi'ido would be more powerful on an individual basis, since they can survive almost anything.
Stop trying to make fetch happen, it's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom