Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ballad of Shiraya: Crowning A Queen | CIS

VXZqRCe.png

O T H E L L O

BYOO.png

WEARING:
“Bread and Circuses.” Othello shrugged. “Or, you know, tiny little cracker sandwiches and Jousting.” He brought both his hands up to his mouth and shook them excitedly. They have jousting. Eeeee! I’m so excited!” Othello couldn’t remember the last time he had been to a jousting tournament. When he was younger, part of him wanted to be involved with the sport before their parents thought better of it. Now? Well maybe he couldn’t be a Knight, but he’d go steal some memorabilia. That was close enough. It was also something to try to get his sister’s mind off of her predicament.​
However attractive her predicament was.​
“My oh my. No introductions are necessary at all.” He said as his sister’s betrothed walked up and introduced himself. Othello eagerly took his hand and shook it, staring into Daeryn’s eyes as his sister introduced Othello.​
“Very well met indeed. Othello Bardot. Very much at your service.” He said, releasing Daeryn’s hand. Time to turn up the weird. he thought. “Mm mm mm. It’s nice to finally meet you. I have a holo of you in my room. Wait. Wait.” He put a finger to his lips, “No I don’t. I sold it.” He raised his eye brows and gritted his teeth ‘oops’. And as Daeryn walked off to go get them drinks, Othello yelled after him, “If you’re getting drinks I’ll take a few! I trust youuuuu! Thaaaaaaanks!”
He turned back.​
“I have a feeling he’s gonna let me down.” He said to his sister and shrugged.​
He reached into his pocket for another Deathstick, but thought better of lighting it. Only holding it in his hand. He wouldn’t foul the air so close to his beloved sister.​
“Brightsides.” He said, holding his hands as if he was weighing something.​
“He’s cute. Right? He’s not a posh boring noble. He’s about to me my new best friend. Or it will be blasters in the field at dawn. Downsides. He’s distant. Heeee’s...well look. It sucks. I won’t measure. This sucks, it sucks a lot. I don’t know, maybe you’ll grow on eachother?” He sighed. “I want you to be happy Tavi. That’s all that matters to me. I hate seeing you like this.” Suddenly however, a smile appeared on his face,​
“It’s nice to see that Bardot fighting spirit in you, though. I don’t think I could ever stand to be your enemy sister. Sideways glances, curt responses and tension filling the air?!” He shuddered for dramatic effect.​
He put on as over exaggerated a noble voice as he could. A voice he recognized well.​
“Absolutely ggghaaaastly

vWAY9ys.png

Tags: | Ariya Ariya | Open
Wearing: [X]

-----------

At one time, it had been highly possible to declare that attending the coronation of a new Queen was a rare event! Now however, that was absolutely not the case. In far too little time, Naboo had gone through it's share of royal figures, and now they were on to a third. He could only imagine the pressure the young Queen-elect was feeling at this moment in time. To have that sort of weight rested upon your shoulders...

His head shook at the thought. Personally, he would have cracked beneath the pressure. But, that just went to show what kind of character this new Queen must have. Whatever the case, while said Queen was the focus of the evening, Liam's personal focus was elsewhere.

While he had been most uncertain about taking on a Squire, he at least found Ariya's company enjoyable. She had quite a lot to learn considering her history, but everything was new and excited to her - or terrifying depending on the situation he tossed her in at the time. For the moment, it was the former. Liam had lead the young woman to the lantern building table, pausing so that she could spectate all of the things going on around them when she needed to, but had eventually made it to said station.

"Alright, you can't tell me that you spent all of that time being sheltered the way you were, and you didn't learn to fold paper of any kind." he was amused, lightly teasing her, and pushed the components needed to build a lanter over to her. "If not well, I'm sure there's some youngling around here somewhere who can teach you."

Tag: Liam Du'Cal Liam Du'Cal
Wearing: Dress

She felt surprisingly calm for being brought into her first possible responsibility in such a short time. She had questioned it internally, but what more could she do? There was nothing she felt could be said in expression of how she felt and she was still fighting with the upturn of her life to begin with. She decided to go with the flow of all her experiences the day she stepped off the transport, and she meant it. If this was where she needed to be, she'd be here. Physically more than mentally some days.

Hearing Liam speak shook Ariya out of her inner dwelling, looking to him before looking at their surroundings. She had mindlessly followed and lost track of where they had ended up, so she took a moment to soak in their sights and sounds. "I can fold paper." She said plainly, not out of upset over his tease, but the lacking enthusiasm was just a symptom of the distracted state she was in. She then looked to the table and let out a little "Oh.." while studying the contents. She looked to those who were actively making their lanterns, then to Liam again. "Well, not like this." She let out. She wasn't an artist, she knew that much. "What are these for?" She asked curiously. She'd start there, then decide if she was really going to doctor up a lantern or not.

With the Shadow gone, Bithia tended to the old woman. Her age-hooded eyelids fluttered as she came out of the trance she’d been put in. “Oh, I… my head…” She touched her brow. “What’s happened? What’s going on?”

“It’s all right, m’am,” Bithia reassured her. “You tripped and fell. Here.” She helped the woman up and into her chair. “Aside from your head, are you in pain anywhere else?”

“My arm—feels like I slammed it on something hard.” She touched her elbow where it had collided with the floor as the Shadow forced her to catch the falling holocron. As Bithia examined the limb, the old woman wrinkled her nose. “What is that smell? Am I wearing perfume?” With her free hand, she plucked at the collar of her shirt, sniffing. “It smells like a candy I used to eat when I was a little girl… How strange. I don’t own any perfume like that.”

Smiling, Bithia set the spray bottle on the table. “It’s called Chthonic. I made it myself.”

“Well, I like it. But… why did you spray it on me?”

“You asked me to.”

The old woman looked puzzled, then shrugged, accepting this answer.

Nimdok slowly peered in from around the corner, holding his shirt over his nose and mouth. Bithia turned to him and laughed. “Sorry I didn’t warn you. I just knew I had to act fast.” At the old woman’s questioning glance, she added, “To catch the holocron, I mean.”

“Is that what happened?” the old woman queried.

“Yes. I accidentally knocked it off the table, and you, Ms…”

“Winsworth,” Nimdok supplied, his voice muffled by his clothes.

“Ms. Winsworth, you jumped up to catch it, lost your footing and fell.” She turned to the holocron. “Speaking of which, we were looking to buy this device from you.”

“Oh, that old trinket? I’ll give it to you for… hm, three hundred?”

“Two hundred,” Nimdok bartered. Bithia shot him a glare. “Two hundred fifty.”

Ms. Winsworth shrugged. “That sounds reasonable. Unless you suppose it’s worth more than that?”

“Considering that nobody seems to know where it came from, likely not,” Nimdok said. “I am a historian, and I’m mainly interested in it for its historical value. There’s some strange unidentifiable writing along the edges which I mean to have deciphered by a linguist—”

“You don’t need to convince me, young man,” Ms. Winsworth said. “Any chance I get to rid myself of all this crap is one I’ll take. Only, would you mind calling a doctor for me first? I feel a little light-headed, and if that fall was worse than it looks...”

After paying for the holocron and calling a doctor, Nimdok, Bithia, and Miri left the shop and headed down the busy street outside. Nimdok, no longer shielding his face, was grinning from ear to ear.

“What’s so funny?” Bithia snapped. “It looked to me like you would’ve sold your soul to some freaky shadow demon thing in exchange for a Sith artifact if I hadn’t come in to stop you.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t say that,” he replied. “Maybe Arimanes would’ve sold his soul, but not me.”

“Arimanes,” she muttered. “Who was the one talking in there? Was it Arimanes or Errik? Who the hell am I talking to now?”

His smile faded. “Bithia, we’ve been over this before. It’s… more complicated than just one person interacting with the world at a time.”

“If that’s the case, then both of you might as well be dead.”

Nimdok stopped walking. “Maybe you’re right. Maybe we are dead.”

She turned around to face him. “All right, then. Nothing has changed. I should take Miri home to Alderaan and continue as if nothing ever happened.”

He stared at her. No words passed between them, but the look alone said everything. Miri stood between them, looking up at either of her parents’ faces with a furrowed brow.

“Don’t act like it isn’t the right thing to do,” Bithia continued. “You know she would be safer with me. This arrangement between us, with me flying around the galaxy with you while you put yourself in danger—”

“I said I wouldn’t have let anything happen back there,” he interrupted. “I meant it.”

“You shouldn’t have been in a situation like that to begin with. Not with Miri around.” She threw her hands in the air. “You know what? Forget it. This isn’t working.”

“What exactly do you want?” he pressed. “Do you want me to just hand Miri over to you? I’d rarely ever see her if you took her back to Alderaan. We agreed to this arrangement so that we could both be with her.”

“I want my life back!” she exclaimed. Her cry was loud enough that several onlookers having dinner at a nearby café turned to stare.

“You want things to be the way they were?” he muttered. Rather than getting loud, his voice lowered to a growl as he grew more indignant. “You want me to be the way I was, and you to be the way you were, when everything was much simpler. I get it, Bithia. I want that too, a lot. But it’s impossible. I’m sorry.”

“You’ve said that already. Multiple times.” Unable to weep, Bithia contented herself with crossing her arms over her chest and looking miserable. “It’s not your fault, anyway. Not… you as you are now, at least.”

Nimdok pinched the bridge of his nose between two fingers. “Let’s just get home.” He looked around. “Where are we, anyway?”

“I don’t know. Let me check.” A local map appeared before her eyes, showing the route back to their ship. The traffic had gotten even worse as the coronation began.

“Where is Miri?”

At the panic creeping into his voice, Bithia’s head jerked, the map disappearing from her field of vision. “She was right here,” she said, turning all the way around as she scanned the thickening crowds. They were standing by one of Naboo’s many rustic bridges, this one arching over a waterway. A set of stone stairs led down to the water’s edge, a bank of yellow sand lapped at by small waves. Nimdok was already running down the steps.

“You’ve got to be fething kidding me,” she muttered, following him. “Of all the days she could’ve gone missing, it’s today…” Ahead of her, Nimdok nearly stumbled, caught himself, then sprinted along the water’s edge. He seemed to know where he was going. She followed, soon overtaking him in speed.

They found Miri further upriver, standing in bare feet and wet pants. She was shivering. Her socks and shoes lay in a pile nearby. Bithia was the first to reach her, questions leaving her mouth, while Nimdok scooped the girl up, carrying her away from the water’s edge.

“I was just playing,” Miri protested, afraid she would get in trouble. “It’s hot outside but the water is cold. I thought it would be warmer.”

“Miri, why did you leave without telling us where you were going?” Bithia asked. “We didn’t know where you were. You scared us.”

“You were arguing,” the girl replied, as though it explained everything. In a way, it did.

Bithia retrieved the socks and shoes and followed Nimdok, still carrying Miri, to the steps, where they set the girl down and let her put them back on. Silence fell between them, broken only by Bithia asking, “How did you know where she was?”

Nimdok sat beside Miri. He raised his head from his hands before replying, “We have a connection.”

“What do you mean? Like a Force bond?”

“No, it’s… familiarity more than anything else.” His eyelids lowered. “I can sense where she is, how she feels, and what she’s thinking much more easily than with other people. It works both ways—we can even communicate telepathically. I never told you about it, because I was afraid you would see it as unfair. Like I had some special connection to Miri that you could never have.”

“I’m getting used to things being unfair,” she muttered. Taking a moment to glance at the map again, she suppressed a groan of frustration. “The way things are right now, it would take us hours to get home. We’re better off waiting for all the coronation buzz to die down.”

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag:
Nico Kaidshau

A buzz is a buzz.

It was nice of the man to emanate an aura of calm, but Caltin didn't really need it, then again maybe it was not for him. The talk of worry and the buzz that is going on could be an issue. Maybe he was right, as there was a bit of worry amongst the crowd, but then again, this was Naboo, and whether the time he grew up, or now, some things.

I think that this is just Naboo. What I mean is there is change, and they always worry about it until it happens. He shrugged. Doesn't seem to have changed in 800 years.

There's that "800 years" drop again... we should have a drinking game on it.

Oh shut up.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

vWAY9ys.png

Tags: | Ariya Ariya | OpeN

------------

Ah, there she was. Liam had started to wonder if his Squire was going to be in her own headspace all evening or if she would eventually join him in all of the chaos. Seems she had finally snapped to. "They're paper lanterns," he told her, though that was obvious by now at least. "And the people can either make their own, or have one made for them - though I find it more meaningful to make your own." he had taken up his own kit by now and worked the pieces into particular order.

"Once completed, the lantern is lit, and then the person may use the light to remember lost loved ones, or to make a wish to be carried off. It can be used to carry away heavy secrets and burdens too, though less people tend to think of it that way." he shrugged a shoulder and glanced at Ariya while his own hands deftly began to work the creases where they needed to be.

He watched her for only a moment, then grinned and leaned down the table to grasp a display that was set up. Just a piece of board with paper instructions tacked to it. "Here," he grinned and set it down for her to see the step by step process. "If it still eludes you even with instructions, I'll help." What sort of Instructor would he be if he didn't?

Tag: Liam Du'Cal Liam Du'Cal

The meaning behind the lanterns caught her attention, enough so that she lift her hand at the comment of getting assistance. "It's fine, I got it." She assured. Her words caught in her throat the rest of the way so she didn't speak on it. She didn't like the idea of getting emotional during such a time as this, especially when the focus was not on her, this day. Not this day.

However, as she read the instructions and began constructing the lantern, her fingers worked delicately and with care. Each step was taken with heavy concentration and a lot of inner thinking along the way, silently going over her loss and the pain it's put her in, the revelations and surfaced secrets she wished to unveil and continue to expose. Despite her earlier reservations over exposing her feelings, a tear escaped as she finished the last steps of the lantern, then held it close to her heart with a heavy sigh. "What do we do with it now?" She asked. She felt like she had disconnected from the moment, hearing herself speak it while watching herself do so, working firmly to stay grounded in the space they are in. "It's got a lot of darkness to light." She nearly mumbled after.

CC.png

The case of mistaken identity had truly left Ala unsettled. She thought she looked nice in her straight, slim designed garment of mostly white with a bit of grey trim. She liked the high collar and thought it looked official, regal possibly. But as she ran through the garments she had seen just moments earlier, there was no small dawning realization that she was disastrously underdressed for this event. Her garment was not embroided, low-cut, figure flattering or even a small bit tantilizing. It was just plain.

The garden was more lush than she wanted it to be. The greens, and vibrant hues of the flowers, popping more than her melancholy desired that they should. Since her arrival into this era of the galaxy, from hundreds of years of stasis, she had spent most of it wandering the backwaters locales, and enjoying the simpler aspects. That was where she belonged. This. This was too much for one so unrefined.

Ala Quin. You are not the sum of the parts you allow yourself to see. You are the sum of all the Force wills you to be. Do not limit yourself, for the Force does not...instead, it frees you. Be the good that the universe needs. And for the Force's sake...stop moping.

The words tumbled over Ala's soul. Words from the past? Or a past voice speaking anew? It was hard to decipher memory from new experience. No matter the origin Ala felt a sense of calm restored.

She turned, breeze tossling her hair. The music had just begun a new chorus. In her mind, she saw a debonair gentleman. Probably royalty. Definitely royalty. This gentleman would of course be asking to dance. The young Jedi feigned surprise at the imagined man's offer, and a doting hand was brought coyly to her chin as she bowed to her imagined suitor.

Taking the non-existent outstretched hand, Ala began to dance. It was the best she knew how. More, how she imagined people danced on Naboo than anything truly refined. She was OK with free form rollicks, but she was less than a novice at ballroom style dances. Still, she tried her best at impersonating what she had briefly seen inside.

Her feet skipped, dipped and pointed themselves around the cobbled patio in the garden. Only when she heard a small party of revellers approaching did she quickly stop, and pat down her dress quickly to insure she did not look to unsightly. The revellers wandered past, chatting within their own group. They only gave Ala a passing notice and when they were gone, Ala curtsied to her imagined beau.

It was time to explore.

[ FYI, Rann Thress Rann Thress ]

Open tag​

Nico Kaidshau

N
CC.png
Objective: Talk to the other Silver
Wearing: Nicer Jedi Robes and Cloak
Carrying: Lightsaber under the Robes
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

An eyebrow rose slowly at the comment of years, forgetting the special circumstances which brought the other master to this time. A man of a different time, and yet already seemingly accustomed to this one. Unless so little had changed between now and then that it was as though he had simply stepped forward.

The topic held more weight than he had intended for the evening, the eyebrow falling as he smiled with a slight chuckle.

"I suppose that is fair. I know very little of Naboo and it's people, though, and I will trust your input on the matter." His hands idly worked as he spoke, a thumb rubbing the glass of his drink while the other held the stem, eyes watching the scene below as he spoke in a low tone. "I'll concentrate on the mirth rather than the worry for the time being."

He held his tongue for a breaths time, looking back to the other master, weighing his words and diverting from the subjects of time and place.

"Heard of any notable padawan escapades of late?"

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag:
Nico Kaidshau Ala Quin Ala Quin Rann Thress Rann Thress

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, the Royal Guard has things well in hand here, let them worry about anything.

A nonchalant shrug, uncharacteristic for the massive Jedi Master, but one thing that he was learning was that he did not have to be "him" all the time anymore. So maybe it was good that he let go and just was able to be himself when he "wasn't a Jedi", then again that was always either here, Corellia, or Hesperidium. So that could be it. I've seen one of these events, it's really something to behold. The pageantry of it all. Majestic.

Actually, he had seen two, the coronations of Queen Daine, then Sosha Soruna the next year, odd circumstances, but that was a bad time in the galaxy so details can be researched by anyone reading this. Naboo was not his birthplace, but he did consider this "home", not just because of the famil*

Don't go there, please.

Wow, you actually asked. Okay, I won't Anyway, Nico's next question was an interesting one, but at the same time, Caltin had caught the familiar presence of something... or in this case, someone. Ala was not far away, and with someone... someone to whom he could feel a way he did not want to. He would be there if she needed him, but after the last disaster, it was necessary to give her some space. No anger or resentment or anything, but she needed to be able to be on her own without him always lording over her, and he... no he would never stop being protective.

Sorry about that. Other my own Padawans either on their own self-learning quests, or disappeared entirely, not anything dangerous, the only ones I really know of involving the *Gee *Aye.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Aeson Rora

A

Naboobar.png

TAG: Svana Neoma Svana Neoma | Chant Sindhu | Ra Akimo Ra Akimo | Open

Aeson's jaw clenched.

He suppressed an eye roll at Svana Neoma Svana Neoma 's comment of a Queen never being late. It reminded him of a holofilm he had seen a while back.

He turned back to the hallway and sent a comms to the rest of the security he had set up.
"Chant, is the Temple clean?" he asked Chant Sindhu.

He then switched his comms to the one of the resident Knights. "Constable Akimo, please ensure clearance outside. We are moving out and to the the temple." he told Ra Akimo Ra Akimo just as the Queen stepped outside the room.

Aeson frowned at her transformation. How is it that she could step from fool to monarch in the blink of an eye? He had not been serving her that long, but the warrior observes more than he lets on. It's his job, after all. So, even as he squinted to himself, he led his Queen, through the halls and into the evening air filled with merriment.

The Captain's eyes darted to and fro as his subordinates flanked all of them. Even with the small army that he had in place around the new Queen, anything was possible. Too much has gone down in a short space of time in terms of monarchs when everyone least expected it. He'd be damned if it had to happen again, this time on his watch.
"My Queen, I have to ask. Would you be able to run if needed?" he asked her softly as they approached the Temple of Shiraya.

Naboobar.png

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
CC.png

Ra smiled at Chant Sindhu before she turned to walk down the line. It was nice to meet new people. There weren't a lot of people she knew since the disaster.

With a slit tilt of the head and lift of the eyebrows the tall woman offered a silent apology to the other guards in the temple. Once more, Ra traced an invisible pattern in the air. Those Force inclined might feel something briefly, but it passed soon enough. Warding glyphs were always useful, but they had to be set in advance. Hopefully, they wouldn't need them.

After setting another, her eyes turned in the direction of the door as a man's voice sounded in her ear. Ensure clearance outside? Aeson Rora might as well have asked Ra to have the waterfalls flow against gravity. At least that would have been easier.

With measured strides, the Constable Knight moved back toward the entrance. Ra hadn't expected to be put on such a duty personally, but the Queen was already in motion. No time to argue about who was in what position or performing what duty.

"Thank you, everyone," Ra's voie carried over the discord of voices that trampled upon one another. Two fingers touched just below her ear so her voice rose above the rest using the Force or Magik. Really, it was hard to tell them apart at times. "Please step to either side of the doorway," the Arkanian gestured with her free hand for the crowd to part, "and remain on your best behavior. You will all bear the fruit of your participation shortly." Several officers helped corral the guests and form a path for the entourage of Queen Svana Neoma Svana Neoma to pass by unaccosted.

Luca Ioneşti

L
CC.png

Wearing: Nice Robes/Uniform of the Ebony Knights
Tags: Svana Neoma Svana Neoma | Aeson Rora | Chant Sindhu | Ra Akimo Ra Akimo | Open

He was trying to quit.

This wasn't the only new thing, as evidenced by the fine vetements covering his form, and where he took the rear position as part of the queen's escort for this day, but it was also the one thing that, without it, made his mood difficult to manage, without being as stone... but it was a crutch. A way to soothe what welled up, without facing it. It was hard to parse if it was just the craving setting his jaw. Events of the past year might have robbed him of a portion of his mirth, but the consequences of attempting to separating himself from his oral habit, his sedative, made Luca uncharacteristically quiet. The particular reason for attempting this at all being one he couldn't put into words, and not for lack of words to grasp. It was good he was here, for that exact reason, rather than where it might be a problem while he was still in sharp withdrawal.

When the to-be Queen emerged and the progression began, he fell into step wordlessly - Obsidian Master, and representative of the Ebony Knights in this retinue - primed, just in case, and scanning, his expression as hard as the frigid world that birthed him. Nothing would go awry here. Not this time. Naboo deserved stability. They deserved it. She did. One hand flexed and unfurled, a measured breath, as senses both physical and metaphysical assessed the gathered and the environment around them out of duty, as they approached the temple. He vaguely felt the drawing of the glyphs at this distance, something he was only familiar with to a cursory degree, but necessary as much as his own presence, and the same hope that neither would be necessary.

Except the use of a soft, evenly-applied repelling pressure when the throng would most certainly close behind their procession. To think that not so long ago, he wouldn't have gone anywhere near being in such a position as this, but he had learned as much as he had taught, and the walls had at some point gone from cracking to beginning to crumble.

He had never been less sure of himself. Never had more questions than answers, than he did now. This was going to take time.

Chronicles of Shiraya

C

Naboobanner2.png

A clang echoed through the hall as the chamber doors creaked open and the eyes of a people twice wearied by the final acts of the last two Queens, set upon Svana with cautious hope.

Steady and soft, the melody of a prayer began, to usher her in.

The blessed word of thrice-born Shiraya

reveals the will of the universe:

Glory to the withering and the flowering.

A platoon of Royal Guards bedecked in strips of gold across their ubese leathers marched down the center aisle to form a blockade between the would-be monarch and her guests as she walked past, her elegant dress fluttering as she descended.
O sing to us in the grasslands!

Whisper your tale in the wetlands!

Power radiated throughout the ancient inner sanctum, the prayer growing with intensity after each verse, like the echo of a thousand voices had joined the minstrel.

After the last flames, carry our ashes,

guide our being to the ancestors,

On the dais of the temple, beneath the sacred stone statue of the Goddess herself, a priest from the Brotherhood awaited, vested in holy armaments and a silver circlet held carefully in his withered hands.

and return us in our descendants.

Knelt before the priest, he approached her.

“In the name of thrice born Shiraya,” he announced, the low timber of his voice startlingly strong for one who appeared so frail. “Svana Adela Neoma, to be named Liviana. Divine ruler, protector of the sons and daughters of Shiraya.. I hereby anoint you,” the delicate circlet was placed on Svana’s head of hair. “Head of the crown and Queen elect of the Kingdom of Naboo. Queen Liviana.” With a side step, the priest revealed the newly-minted monarch to her people. “Long may she reign!”

Credit for the poem: XoXo

Once the Queen has left, please feel free to move into the ballroom for an evening of dancing.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
P H I L O S O P H Y
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Oleander Webb Oleander Webb | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Cord Starfall Cord Starfall

“You insist on wearing dresses to events knowing that trouble could occur. If your dress gets ruined today… it is because you chose to wear one even after I told you I was running security and judging a tournament.”

In truth, the woman had every right to look the part of a guest. There was the need to have those who would blend into the crowd, and Lunara would be able to do just that, or at least appear as though she were the Lord Commander’s plus one for the event. It had pained him to even answer that question as he had. While Gerwald was beginning to realize that it was possible for his heart to open to others, or at least entertain the idea of it, that did not mean he wanted to. Forced to choose, Gerwald still knew where his heart belonged, and it troubled him that he had not been able to free Naedira from the hell she was experiencing.

It could only have been made worse following the events of Naalol.

The other who had joined him, Oleander Webb Oleander Webb , did not want to patrol the entire grounds, nor did Gerwald expect them to. His answer to the man was short.

“As they will. We will pass through the route the queen will take prior to her actually doing so.”

Which was exactly what they did. Gerwald had heard rumors of a possible breech, and nothing more. The added security was only granted considering the fates which had met the two previous queens in recent months. One was murdered, the other removed as the culprit behind the first. Naboo was clearly in a sad state of affairs, and the lupine did not envy the woman that was about to receive the crown. The work would not be much easier than the task Gerwald currently faced, rebuilding the Knights Obsidian.

It would not be long after the trio had swept the route that the fanfare would announce the queen’s arrival. Gerwald took his place, with Lunara at his side, and Oleander lurking in the shadows as instructed. His wary eye would catch whatever was hiding there, the wolf’s own surprise for those that would think to try and use the cover for their own gain.

He hoped it would not be needed.

Blue eyes watched as the crown was placed on the head of the queen. As the crowd cheered, Gerwald clapped along with them. He turned to look at the blonde with him knowing a little of her past. They had shared stories with each other, and the wolf was curious as to how she felt. A calming wave would wash over her if Lunara Azure Lunara Azure would welcome the peace Gerwald was radiating past her defenses. The lupine was a loyal friend always. Despite his beastly nature, the man did know how to care for his friends.

They would wait for the speech before leaving and heading to the tournament where Gerwald would act as one of the judges.

CC.png

Tags: TBD/Open
Wearing: X

The solitary stroll was shorter than expected, but devoid of company, of which she had more than enough in almost every other waking moment of her days; it seemed the to-be monarch of her people did not see fit to take her time any longer than necessary, and it was a quality she liked in the younger woman, regardless of whether her selection of the man that now stood as her hand puzzled Alora for some reasons, while it very well made sense in others: Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren was a good businessman, even if that might have been his only redeeming quality, in her personal, unvoiced opinion. Her lips pursed, her brow furrowed, but a light shake of her head, and the arrival of the procession, banished these thoughts entirely.

It was only proper to be fully present in this sacred place, in the presence of the Goddess, during this rite that hearkened back to the earliest chosen royal, and though a significant portion of her people's history had writ upon it the more common hereditary dynasty seen in many worlds across the galaxy, Naboo had remained a meritocratic democracy for over a thousand years, to now. As the procession approached the temple, and the doors admitted Svana Neoma Svana Neoma , Alora had tipped her head, and mouthed an honest prayer of peace and protection, her faith having become stronger with loss, only stronger than it had been when she was a child.

With the new monarch ascended, the words repeated amongst the gathered, in nigh-unison:

"Long may she reign!"

May there again be hope. She wished, she prayed, hope of hopes. Naboo needed a stable period, needed that peace to heal. She knew well that the wounds struck into the soul of her family... they were not alone in having traversed pain. She would do what she could, what she must, to see things right. A peek at Rallisa, an affirming smile shared between them, acknowledged that they were on the same page, but as the ceremony eked towards winding up, her thoughts snuck back towards personal concerns.

She didn't have to like him, but she had to afford him decency and consideration, regardless of any of her own disapproval of the gossip-inspiring situation he had pulled Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren into. There could be no peace in her home, and her work, otherwise.

"Ralli?" She reached.

The young aide turned her gaze to the Governor, her face full of question.

"Yes, Governor?"

A short, shallow breath issued from Alora's nostrils.

"Enquire as to the Hand's schedule, and set a meeting - I have need to speak to him on a few matters."

Rallisa seemed to consider the request for a scant moment.

"Yes, Governor. Would this be at your office or...?"

She pursed her lips again. "...at Evenfall? Whichever is most suitable for the time of day," Alora looked forward, "or night, if necessary. But do it tomorrow. We have our new Queen to celebrate!"

Last edited:

LL.png
Tag: Darth Metus Darth Metus

He was morose. Despondent.​
Normally, she did not advocate for such lazy exhalations of human weakness, emotion, but for this, she could find forgiveness. The death of a child was inexcusable. It had taken her many moons to discover the truth of his bond with the white rabbit. It was the connection he wished her had with all of his young. When her unborn passed into the pale; his grandchild died. A daughter mourned.​
Now—That pain was magnified tenfold by the death of his actual flesh and blood. Elyria did not know the details nor the circumstances, but it was entirely irrelevant. War was messy. It was not neat nor clean and finding out the truth would take an exorbitant amount of effort that would only end in pain. The truth would not bring his daughter back into being. It would bring him no peace.
If anything; It would turn him on the nation responsible for her death with fire in his eyes and pain in his heart. It was wrathful. It was an endless, churning, swirling, bonfire of pain. Elyria had never birthed a child to lose, however, she had many dark lights in her sight that shimmered past an event horizon. She mourned their loss in her own way. It would never amount to his.​
While the Vicelord remained behind to see to matters of state that she found exceedingly dull her lofty brow was creased in concentration while she tried to fold the piece of parchment just right. The youngling at her side had adjusted the creases, carefully, so as not to tear it further and it almost began to resemble what it was supposed to be. A lantern, to light the night sky.​
Elyria could feel Metus approach and her hair reached for him of its own accord. The youngling with large eyes and slight of frame watched with wide, innocent orbs, while it lifted from the ground in silken whisps to wind delicately around his wrist. It spread up his arm and lashed about his shoulder to pull him forward so he could see her creation. “This is confusing and pointless.”
“Yet—I am compelled to try.”
The primordial woman cast a faint glance back toward the child who seemed to have cobbled together a more than acceptable lantern. She was drawing shadow shapes in the side and pressing shining dust against it. Dark eyes flickered back toward Isley, briefly, seeming softer than they may have been. “This child is adequate. Can we keep her?”
Surely, they could give the youngling a better life than the mediocrity she would endure in this backwater marble. She could be an artist of sinister proportions if a proper patron lifted her from the dredges. The calm way she moved her paintbrush and didn’t flinch from the chatter and joyful screaming around her? It was a trait unseen in a brat so young. Elyria, found value in it.​
A loud clang caused her eyes to narrow and the entirety of the temple seemed to still. Holograms leaped into the sky that showed the Crowning that was taking place, bold, and bright for everyone to see. The raven-haired woman put her partially finished lantern down on the table, though, it seemed that the little one was not done with her yet. “You have to put your wish inside.”
“My what?”
Elyria could feel her eyebrows crawling up her forehead. A wish? How did she explain to this child that wishes were meant for dreaming. Wishes, just like dreams, rarely came true. It seemed inappropriate to inform her of this reality when she looked out at the night sky with such hope. “...I have no wish…”
The little girl looked almost offended.​
“Nothing? At all? Nothing you want?”
Elyria paused. Well, perhaps. Picking up a little piece of paper she scrawled her thoughts in very hasty and ancient text. It looked like an off-shoot of High Sith but there was a touch to it that led to something so much older. She folded it as instructed and hid it inside her lantern. A soft melody began to ring through the air and her gaze turned toward the images playing in the sky. The prayer that followed reeked of hope, of the light, and it made her itch. The dark one would endure for the sake of the kingdom of which Isley reigned, but it was not without a certain level of complaining in her head.​
The actual ritual of it seemed rather concise. That—She could appreciate.​
A chorus of words rang up around them and she glanced toward Isley. Would they say it too?​
“Long may she reign.”
Indeed, long. If she was forced to attend one more coronation in the foreseeable future, she would decimate and eat the crowd. Prettily wrapped presents in plumes of tulle and silk all presented as a particular delicacy. Party favors, if she had ever seen them. “Long. Long, may she reign.”

Silver-Purp-B.gif

N A B O O
Tag: Rann Thress Rann Thress
Objective: Crowning Ceremony
Location: Balcony [Near the Dancing, Chatting, and Drinking.]
Dressed in: White
What Are You Doing: Walking toward the center of the Temple for Svana Neoma Svana Neoma (Queen Livina) .

The night air was full of honeyed, saccharine scents. Floral, fried dough, and a tangy hint of wine that burned through the innocence of sweets that remained ever cloying. There was also something else. Fear. She could sense it, smell it, and taste it with each shift subtle of the wind. It was slowly being hidden and absorbed with the anger the Nabooian Noble to her right exuded. It seemed that she had not been clear enough in her demands that he cease fouling the air she breathed.

The alcohol was weeping out of sweaty pores faster than he could imbibe it. Disgusting.

Srina would have been content to ignore every syllable that he uttered were it not for the fact that he reached out to grab her arm. That was a step too far. She immediately moved to wrench herself from his grasp in the most definitive way possible, but she stopped, briefly when little Lord Thress took it upon himself to interrupt. What was he doing? Silver eyes flickered. It would be impossible to see what was running through her mind. Only, emptiness.

If she wanted the drunken fool to die, he would, and none in the Shiraya Temple would be any wiser.

The wintry woman turned her eyes away from both men while she felt the Force begin to move. She was close enough to the Coronation Area that she could leave at any time to attend the reason for her arrival on this planet, however, it was not yet time. The less than subtle mental manipulation that caused the drunkard to release her lacked finesse, but it was effective. A child could have pointed out what happened and likely where it came from.

She drew in a soft breath before reaching out to smooth the ivory fabric of her sleeve. It was an invisible wrinkle that only she seemed to be able to see. Everything about her was entirely pristine and the slender Echani returned to gazing back out at the flickering lights of Theed. She could feel an edge of nervousness that didn’t entirely seem to match with the air he tried to produce. “Would it not?”, her question was effortless, though, far softer than the tone she had issued before.

“People are simple creatures. They see what they want to see.”, her fingertips rolled across the railing, briefly, before her arms came up to cross neatly beneath her bosom. “—And what I want them to see.”

Silvery eyes pulled away from the scenery and fell fully on Rann Thress Rann Thress . Her head tilted, briefly, and he would feel her reviewing his features with the precision of a scalpel. She would peel one layer from him and then the next. Each part of the façade that he wore. Srina would see through it because that was what Echani were designed to do. They were every bit as vicious and bloodthirsty as a Mandalorian, despite their claims, save one key difference. They looked better doing it. Faux aristocracy marred in gallons of blood and violence. She survived because she utilized all of her senses.

“You do not enjoy my presence.”

It was a statement. Not a question. Her lips quirked to the side just a little bit before a loud sound rang overhead to signal that the coronation would begin. “And yet—You are here. Even worse than that…I have not thanked you…”

The Exarch turned and slipped an arm through his to lead him back so they could see the crowning of Queen Livina ( Svana Neoma Svana Neoma ) with smooth and sincere footsteps that let her glide like a little royal. She was not. There was not a single drop of nobility within her and yet her head remained high with her spine perfectly straight. It truly would seem that she did. In reality; it was just years of etiquette classes and breeding. An inner strength born of practice.

Her voice would rise like a glossy thread to wrap around his ears in a way that was almost too personal. It would have been enough to make the cheeks of any red-blooded male burn. “Do you wish that I would?

Wearing:
Dress | Shawl
Tagging: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Oleander Webb Oleander Webb

FTCaG1.png

“Exactly, you’re going to be in public, in front of the Nabooian citizens and broadcast to the rest of the Confederacy. All those eyes watching you and your every action, judging you. Everything you do, every action sends and image and how you dress and stand, well that will portray an image to all of them too.”

A finger reached out, tapping against the leather of the man’s armour, resting against his chest for a moment before she reached up to adjust her shawl, blue eyes twinkling up at him. This was the exact scenario that she’d grown up with, been trained for from her young teens. Managing the public and their expectations, the public image of a group.

“You’re the leader of the Knights Obsidian and everyone is going to be looking at you, how you dress and how you act. The armour you’re wearing creates a very martial image, very harsh and overwhelming. Anyone looking at you sees the iron fist and that’s not a bad thing, lets them know that you’re serious and mean business. But…having me here dressed like this softens your image. I’m the silk glove, the soft touch. Let’s people know we’re not all military and death. So…you’re still going to have to pay for my dress.”

That victorious smile dancing over her lips as she smirked at Gerwald, letting him lead the party out of the room. She could see the traces of a well-trained staff, the cleanliness of the corridor, the sight of a maid whisking around the corner. That they had staff patrolling the palace to make sure everything was in order on this big day spoke well of the household staff. A bureaucracy like this meant that if one department was working well then she was willing to give the rest of the palace staff the benefit of the doubt, mainly the security teams. If they were as professional as the household staff then any assassin trying to get through to the queen was in for a nasty surprise, and the Knights Obsidian might not be called on to help, a solid boost for the Nabooian government after the fate of the last few queens.

Crystal blue eyes tracked the Queen on her procession up to the centre of the table, the solemn procession as she paced her way up the aisle. The woman could hear the pulse of the beat, the solemn music flowing around her, carrying her back in time. It was funny how the music chosen by the overseers was so similar no matter which Imperial Family you were dealing with. A finger tapped against her thigh as she let it carry her back in time, a different crown, a different room, a different crowd, but none of it mattered. The energy in the air, the sensation of anticipation building, all she had to do was close her eyes to remember the young woman who had seen a wonderful future stretching out in front of her. A future of light and happiness before the shadows struck before the galaxy restarted itself. No-one could ever have all the happiness she had before the universe decided to balance the karmic debt.

For a moment she could feel that void opening beneath her, her thoughts falling down towards the darkness. She could hear that whisper, her constant companion, wending its way around her thoughts, the insidious voice that said it was all her fault. That if she’d been there she could have done something, saved them instead of arriving too late. It was true what they said, revenge never helped, never silenced those voices but she hadn’t cared at the time...she still didn’t. They needed to pay. But that revenge had left her empty, cold, and that voice was right. It was her fault. This happiness...she could only see the dark gathering at the edges, pressing in. How long before these smiling faces were left in tears, lying burnt in the rubble of their once-pristine world. How long before politics and infighting brought down these proud houses. It was the future, and she could see nothing else.

Almost nothing else.

Strangely, for a Sith, she could feel a warmth emanating from Gerwald, a sense of safety, security. A rock she could cling to amidst the turmoil of her thoughts, to pull herself free from the dark currents that threatened to sweep her away. The stiffness seemed to melt from the woman’s shoulders, her elfin form leaning against the man, as if drawing strength from his presence. The words she spoke were so quiet you would have had to have super-human hearing to hear them, to hear the weight of emotion that were carried with them.

“Thank you.”

C O R O N A T I O N

rann.png

WEARING:Fancy Coat

TAG: Srina Talon Srina Talon

An easily broken facade. A persona so transparent it was glass. Any attempt to hide his contempt, or true feelings, was foolish. Rann realized that now as his cheeks burned red. Rage, embarrassment, shame. He continued to hide behind what he wanted people to see of him, not what he was.

It would not work with her. So, why try any longer? She had asked a question, knowing the answer. A lie at this point would serve no purpose. She already knew the truth. He would merely give voice to it. It seemed only fair.

“That’s hard to answer, actually. No, I don’t enjoy your presence. Because as of right now you are...” he grit his teeth and exhaled angrily, “...still leaps and bounds stronger than me. Despite everything.”

He found himself wondering, why did he come to her ‘aid’? She certainly didn’t need his help. He knew better then to expect praise. So...why? Why waste his time? Hers? Why put his pride and fragile ego at risk? It seemed as if he acted completely on instinct. He sighed. His shoulders relaxed, he unclenched his jaw.

There was no point in niceties. No point in deflecting. He knew what he wanted from her. He knew why he did it. It was only fair to share it.

“I don’t care if you thank me. You can take care of yourself, you didn’t need me to deal with that guy. Yet at the same time... I desire your respect. Your power is intimidating. Your demeanor too. It...I...”

Rann shrugged. The honesty was...oddly liberating. “You piss me off. You’re...Everything I desire to be. Just...with a different body. Powerful. Effective. In control.”

He thought back to Dorvalla, how Srina had ripped a castle apart with the Force and a smile creeped across his face. She deserved his respect for her presentation alone.

“It’s...Impressive. Inspiring.” His smile disappeared. “Infuriating.”

He linked his arm with her and walked alongside her. Jealousy. Nothing but jealousy flew through his mind as they moved to attend the coronation. He glanced at her. She was so annoyingly perfect. Pristine.

Srina didn’t need to try to look good. Rann tried. She did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom