Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ballad of Shiraya: Crowning A Queen | CIS

6eb62903ef58ae2121efeae5917d62cf_2.png

Queen Livina

TAG: Aeson Rora | Open
Wearing: [xXx]

-----------

Time had run its course, Svana knew it before there was even a knock at the door from the overly irritated Captain of her guard outside. She was procrastinating, and was of course away that she was doing exactly that. So when one of the ladies looked to her, she nodded her head and gestured at the door, waiting for it to be opened. And as she suspected, irritation oozed from the other side, causing Svana to roll her eyes while no one else could see it. "A Queen is never late," she countered him, "Everyone else is simply early."

But he was right, and she knew as such, even if she didn't let him know that. So with a sigh, she shifted just once more to look at herself in the crescent of reflective glass around her. Careful fingers touched delicately along the gown, and only ghosted the locks of her hair - Shiraya forbid she actually touch her hair and muss it all up. But once she was as satisfied as she could become with an entire army of butterflies loose in her belly, her frame turned and she nodded to Aeson.

"Alright, I'm ready." It wasn't entirely untrue, but Svana knew herself very well. The clumsy, undeserving Neoma girl was here in this very moment for her people. It was not about her, it was about them, and that is what carried her across the room without a hitch. As soon as she crossed the thresh from her chambers to the hall, it was like a switch had been thrown.

Svana's posture corrected itself automatically, and there was no fumbling be it with the dress or the shoes on her feet. She took a single, steady breath and released it slowly and quietly, and then looked to those who would be in attendance of her at all times. "Shall we?" she didn't wait for an answer, and instead began the journey that would carry her from Svana Neoma, to Queen Liviana.

6eb62903ef58ae2121efeae5917d62cf_2.png

Doctor Boidzerg

D
CC.png

"The food! Such wonderful food!" Composing himself suddenly and walking uncommonly upright, the good doctor made way to one of the catering tables. Either ignoring or oblivious to (winning bets on the latter) the looks of disdain and "how did he get here?" he stood momentarily, fighting the urges to destroy the culinary delights occupying the table in front of him. Did it matter that he was in front of the condiment table? No, he was just hungry.

"Do not worry! I have eaten before!"

That poor table.

As he surveys the landscape he takes a glass of sparkling alcohol off of a round board being serviced by a droid who responded, "Thank you. Your attendance is much appreciated.". Sulis nods and raises a glass. (The hell am i showing respect to a droid for? Then again..I should respect the craft..considering my baby girl uses such things to walk) He thinks to himself as he exhales deeply. As he checks himself and his attire he sniffles a bit as an alert comes through on his holocron embedded within his brass index finger ring. A encrypted code appears as he lowers his right hand in observation of his surroundings. He taps his ring and the encryption turns red in color before fading away instantly. He sucks his teeth and begins moving through the crowd casually. "In a place like this..with such a beautiful Queen to be crowned, who could ask for more?" His lips give off a smirk as he was standing behind a noble dressed in gold and white linens with a fluffed crowning hat. The man turns around and smiles as if taken by surprise. "Not here Sulis...Not now.." He turns around yet again with his back to Sulis who shrugs with a calming smile. "Well then...After..See you around...Believe it." . He walks off a bit but keeps an eye on the noble's location. With so many people there, chances are high you would run into someone or something distasteful...

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Wearing: XxX.
Tagging: Shalita Verd Shalita Verd ~ John Locke John Locke

K5JF1aO.png

It had been quite some time since the Doctor found herself travelling outside of Imperial space. Specifically, not since the...unproductive first meeting that had been held between First Imperial authorities and those of the Galactic Alliance. This, of course, was not something the Bakuran particularly minded. Her love for and sense of duty to her people run so deep that not so long ago the CMO would have been just as happy to be confined to her laboratories and hospitals if it allowed her to continue serving them. Although, Fevris had to admit, something had changed. There was now one thing that had the power to whisk her focus away from work, one thing she would have sorely missed had such a fate been a reality. Shalita Verd Shalita Verd .

The spy held a place in the Doctor's heart that had never been truly occupied before. It was not until meeting one 'Anya Sinter' that Fevris Derzelas had ever professed any kind of affection that she had deemed worthy enough to buy herself some free time for. Indeed, it was nothing short of a shock for her colleagues that now she was even willing to go to the lengths of scheduling a couple of free days to accompany the beautiful confederate to a coronation ball. It had also brought them relief, of course, for Fevris was well past due for claiming a little, well-deserved vacation.

The Bakuran smiled, her sapphire blue eyes not leaving the shi'ido as she accepted the glass. "I could say the same thing about you, Shal, but I don't think that would do you justice." Shalita herself was the definition of beautiful in the gaze of the Doctor, and the dress she had picked did nothing if not take that to a whole new level. She was magnificent. Fevris returned the very same gesture, bringing their hands close to her and placing a kiss on Shalita's own before letting go.

With a smile and a nod, Fevris followed her when she gestured them towards the man whom she had recently had the pleasure of meeting. Fevris had admired John Locke based off of his reputation alone, and had found him quite a pleasant man to be around once they got to meet in person. She remembered he had seemed more comfortable with a less formal approach, something the Doctor did not mind in the slightest. Formalities were what she was used to, that did not mean she felt any particular need to uphold them if the parties involved would rather dispense of them. "Pleased to see you again, John."

C O R O N A T I O N
rann.png

WEARING:xxx
TAG: Srina Talon Srina Talon

His heart continued to beat. Fear pumped through his body as he made his way through the crowds towards Lady Talon. When she finally came into view it seemed as if a situation was forming. Some poor fool, nobility from his clothing, who probably didn’t know any better was speaking to her. Judging from the look on her face she couldn’t have cared less.

Rann observed the situation as he approached. The man swayed, not as one would with music but with Drink. And Srina stood still. As a statue. Rann stopped but a few feet from the two, out of respect, and waited.

Then the poor old fool made....quite possibly the worst mistake he could have by grabbing Srina’s arm once she had demanded he leave her. Indecision flooded Rann’s mind. On the one hand, he knew Srina could handle this without him White Knighting her. On the other, boy wouldn’t that be fun...until it wasn’t. Who knew how his valiant rescue effort would be met. Yet at this point...the rescue was more for the guy than for anything else. . On a third hand, however, this party didn’t need a corpse. Especially if Srina Talon caused the corpse.

Having made up his mind for better or for worse, Rann stepped forward into the scene approaching from behind the Lord but in full view of Lady Talon.

“Hello, my Lord.” he spoke with as much faux regality as he could, which caused the Fool to turn to face him arm still in hand, his shoulders tensed up like he was ready for a fight, face full of anger and rage disproportionate to what a normal being should feel upon being dismissed. Being ignored, by a woman no less, must have been quite some slight for this poor guy.

Rann smiled and waved a hand in front of the Fool.
You’ve had enough to drink. You should go lie down and rest.

The man blinked at him, and suddenly his shoulders relaxed. His angered expression slackened and his eyelids grew heavy.

“I’ve had enough to drink...I should go lie down and rest.”

“A very wise decision my Lord. Truly a paragon of our age.” He smiled at the drunken fool who finally released his grip upon Srina Talon’s arm. Perhaps he would suffer for this transgression one day. But not tonight, as he wandered off to find a quiet corner to pass out into, unaware of how close he had come to death. Or, at the very least, a very unpleasant evening.

Content with having possibly saved a life, even was as undeserving as that one probably was, Rann turned back towards Lady Talon and steeled himself. With a deep breath, he spoke.

“Wouldn’t do to have an Exarch rend flesh from bone in the middle of a party.” He said with a forced smile. “Or, you know. What ever unfortunate event that may have happened.”

Once Miri finished her ice cream, an eager Bithia threw the empty cup away and herded the child into the shop.

A dozen old clocks ticked in the first room by the entrance, painted faces and glowing visages counting down the seconds, minutes, and hours. So the visitor to this antique shop began in a chamber of time—clever. Beyond it, a dozen rooms stretched forward, silhouettes of a variety of different objects sketched in the dim lighting. Bithia imagined it smelled like most antique shops—faintly musty, but in a pleasant way. It would be the scent of aging wood and yellowed paper, rusted metal and decaying electronics. How she wished she could experience it.

“You can look, but don’t touch anything,” she told Miri. “It’s like you’re in a museum. You don’t want to break stuff.” Nodding, the girl wandered off to explore.

Bithia walked deeper into the shop, entering a room stacked with shelves of ancient books, datacrons, and various other means of preserving knowledge. A spiral staircase led up; she could hear voices above. She climbed the steps.

She emerged in a well-lit area full of locked cases displaying old jewelry and other fragile valuables. The voices, one of them unmistakably Nimdok’s, were conversing in the next room. She lingered a while, perusing the contents of the display cases and eavesdropping.

“How old would you say it is?” Nimdok asked.

“I’m no psychometrist. Your guess is as good as mine.” The other voice was that of an elderly woman, raspy and withered with age. “Look at these markings. Do you recognize the language?”

“No, but then I’m not a linguist.” There was a pause. “I suppose it could be an obscure planetary dialect. Do you have a record of who sold it to you?”

“Some no-name wandering adventurer. He said he’d bought it from some trader, who bought it from someone, who bought it from someone. Impossible to trace.” Another pause. “Would you… like to open it?”

“Not now, and certainly not here,” Nimdok replied. “These things can be quite dangerous, especially if you have no idea what might be inside. I would be interested in studying it, however. Is it for sale?”

“Hmm, maybe on loan. But not for mere credits. I have no use for money.”

“Really? You must be very fortunate.”

“Business is doing rather well.”

Bithia’s brow furrowed. Her psychology programming was picking up on qualities in the old woman’s vocal tones and word choice which indicated she was preparing for deception. It was so subtle, however, that Nimdok would have no clue he was being tricked. As she slowly approached the threshold, peering through, Bithia saw a little old Keshiri lady and Nimdok sitting across from each other at a small round table, at the center of which lay… a holocron. It was pyramid-shaped, engraved with strange runes, and the crystal lattice was an obvious Sith Red™.

“Well, what would you prefer as payment?” Nimdok asked.

The old woman adjusted her glasses. “Hmm, how about your soul?”

Nimdok blinked in surprise, then let out a nervous chuckle. “That’s one I haven’t heard before. What would you need my soul for?”

"A loan, of course. If you fail to return this in time, I'll come to collect..."

Before the old woman could say another word, Bithia crossed the threshold and entered the room. “I see you’ve managed to get yourself into trouble again,” she remarked, glaring at Nimdok with her hands on her hips.

“Bithia?” He sighed in relief. “Er, how long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough.” She reached forward and snatched the holocron off the table. “I’m absolutely astonished that you still haven’t gotten it through your head how dangerous these things are.”

“I wasn’t going to—”

“I don’t believe you,” she snapped. “I know how you are. Reckless, impatient, selfish—and a proven thief. Were you going to dupe this poor woman into giving you something valuable for nothing in return?”

Nimdok stared at her, one eyebrow raised, wondering what she was trying to accomplish. Meanwhile, the little old lady stood up from her chair, wringing her hands fretfully. “Please, oh please, put it down. It’s fragile, priceless! If you drop it, oh, I don’t know what I’ll do...”

Bithia turned to her, conducting a quick scan. Everything seemed normal, except… a very noticeable lack of higher brain functions. Such readings were found only in the sleeping and the comatose. “Fine. I’ll put it down—but somewhere out of his reach.”

“Give it to me, please.” The old woman held out her hands beseechingly. Bithia started to pass the holocron over to her… then dropped it.

“Bithia!” Nimdok yelped, though he quickly changed his tune after the old woman let out an unearthly shriek and dove down to catch it before it collided with the hardwood floor.

“I’m so sorry!” Bithia said, playacting a perfect imitation of guilt and remorse as she crouched down beside the old woman. One hand slid into her pocket, her fist closing around a tiny plastic spray bottle. “Here, let me help you...”

She took the bottle out of her pocket and quickly spritzed the old woman’s throat. The hag let out a wail, then gasped for breath, her body convulsing violently.

Nimdok practically fell out of his chair trying to get away the resulting smell. “A little more warning would’ve been nice!” he exclaimed, covering his nose and mouth with his arm even as he backed out of the room. Bithia took the holocron from the old woman’s slackened grip, waiting for the shakes to pass and the exorcism to finish.

A substance like black smoke seeped out of the old woman’s pores, gathering as dark fog in the air. It took on the shape of a humanoid figure, vaguely feminine in shape, with two glowing white disks in place of eyes. It shuddered once, staring down at the host body it had just been forced out of, then whirled around to face Bithia. There was a moment’s pause as it attempted to vent its rage telepathically, but Bithia’s Force-voiding body blocked it so thoroughly, the Shadow could only seethe in silence. At least, until it opened a portal and slipped away to the safety of its native Netherworld.

Last edited:

Nico Kaidshau

N
CC.png
Objective: Talk to the other Silver
Wearing: Nicer Jedi Robes and Cloak
Carrying: Lightsaber under the Robes
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

He nodded to Caltin, recieving his drink before moving over to address the other master. The drink was smooth, and pleasant in taste. It wasn't overpowering and was probably pretty dangerous if one did not temper themselves in the practice of moderation.

The drink came down in time to address the other man, leaning against the rail in front of them.

"You seem...tense, Master Vanagor." He spoke softly, looking at the man with a slightly humored smile. "Is everything alright?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag:
Nico Kaidshau

Hey there.

Though he wasn't really looking at Master Kaidshau, Caltin made sure to acknowledge him. The Jedi seemed nice enough and though he barely knew him, Caltin had no issue with walls like he has had the past couple of months.

I'm alright, just not the best of luck when it comes to the planet.

The last three times Caltin had landed here have been disasters, come to think of it. No sense going into detail. This was not a time for personal reflection, it was a historic moment to bear witness to. His eyes still on the stage, and dais, Caltin offered a quick, but polite glance.

How are you getting along?

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

CC.png

Baros' face expressed a calm amusement at Mina's reaction to his arrival. Of all the family, she seemed the most amicable to his part in their story. And she was kind of adorable. Momentarily, he found himself wondering which of the sister's his little girl might take after. Better they take after an Ee'everwest than one of his sisters. If his baby girl took after Mina, he felt like that would not be an awful thing at all.

A slight huff of air came from his nostrils, that was as close to a laugh as he was giving, though she deserved more. "It seems you were right where I needed you to be...so that I could not be lost myself."

His kindness was slightly undone by the fact that Teyla and the children knew exactly where he was. He wasn't lost. Hopefully the sentiment still counted for something. He heard a squeal that had become somewhat familiar in recent months, and yes, it was Careina. His relationship with Teyla's elder two children could only be described as distant, friendliness. He did not involve himself in decisions surrounding their care, nor in their daily needs, but he certainly did not ignore them at breakfast either. There was no attempt from Baros' part to usurp the role of father in their life. He was just Baros to them.

"Hello Careina. Marcus."

And for a moment he paused, never one to take for granted how fortunate he was to be in Teyla's life again, he drunk in her visage, before wrapping an arm around the small of her back, and laying a quick gentle peck on her cheek. "You look resplendent," he said under his breath.

"You look radiant today, Mina."

"Indeed," Baros added, "if you ever wish to model for Glitterstim...just let me know. We could make a fortune together." He offered an approving, playful wink.

When Hisashi arrived on the scene, Baros took that as his queue to depart. It wasn't the sudden appearance of the man, or the chill that ran up his spine given the stealthy nature of the man's arrival. No, Baros was actually intrigued to understand who he was and where he came from. But there were guests in the room that he needed to connet with. The PR campaign for the soon to be Queen was in full action.

"I will see you at our seats, my love," he said to Teyla. And with a tip of his head towards Hisashi and Mina, he disappeared into the crowd. The coronation was surely only moments away, but time was precious, and his job security not great.

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
CC.png

Ra turned her head aside slowly to look back at the Mon Calamari Chant Sindhu with her milky white eyes. "Intoxicated so early?" Breath escaped her lips. "And arguing over inheritance no less. Seems even a festive night as this can't tear some away from their personal woes." Wouldn't it be nice if the disturbed or criminals would take an evening off? But, alas, it only seemed to stir them to action. Distracted security emboldened the criminals, and the cheer seemed to perturb the rest.

"If we're lucky the Tournament will grant those with aggression a safe outlet to express any displeasure." The Arkanian paused to smile at the Royal Guard. Not that such 'games' would distract assassins, but there was no reason to believe anyone meant the Queen harm.

Even if there wasn't intel about such activity as there'd been on Ryloth, however, Naboo had a very unpleasant history of late when it came to its royalty. For such a peaceful planet since the Confederacy's arrival en mass there'd been two upsets. Ra could stand for this evening to pass peacefully and the tranquility the world was known for restored. There had to be somewhere in the galaxy you could go and be at ease. Somewhere you didn't need to look over your shoulders and fear being left to bleed out in a ditch as people just passed by.

With the badge tucked away once more, Ra's metal fingers lifted before her and began to trace a design in the air before her. It only took a few seconds. "The Queen is fortunate to have such dedicated defenders. She is only as strong as those that follow her," Ra said by way of conversation and accolade.

Chant Sindhu

C
CC.png
Tag: Ra Akimo Ra Akimo

There was much that Chant Sindhu loved about her adopted homeland. But not the shallowness from a certain number of its high society. Well in all fairness every galactic civilization has its share of fools. A rich middle aged man in red robes passed by. But not before staring at her in disgust like she was an affront to the entire event.

Lousy xenophobics, they’re never satisfied with anyone who isn’t human enough for them. Even when I wear this uniform with pride.

Suppressing a weary sigh Chant chose to continue listening to the Obsidian Knight. At the mention of the tournament a short chuckle escaped. “It will distract some hotheads I know.” Quickly the guard realized the mysterious Knight was staying around. By now she would’ve thought the white eyed woman would move on to investigate further.

Well it’s not like I object to having company just kinda surprised.

Choosing not to say that instead Chant listens to Ra’s remarks about the Queen and her guardians. Such words made the Mon Calamari pause. Despite being a new member of the Guard she had already noted the overwhelming guilt amongst the veterans whenever reminded of the two previous rulers. Squeezing her hands upon that thought Chant replied with a little more emotion than intended.

“We will protect her majesty.”

Subsequently the young guardswoman now more calm asked. “Apologies forgot to introduce myself, I’m Private Chant Sindhu.”

No one seemed to pay her any mind, she supposed that having the enclave around naboo saw a few more mandos then usual. Stepped at a intersection she looked around seeing where she was

could go switch out of this armor...

Her little apartment wasn't to far would be quick, however the thought of yet another attack loomed in her mind and she frowned as she shook her head, no she wouldn't wear a dress this would do just fine for the moment. Continuing down the path she moved to where the coronation was taking place. Showing her ID she moved in and glanced around moving off to the back...to many people she didnt know yet again....

Tag: None at the moment.
Open to anyone

Sitting in this very room, I could feel the sounds of so many people vibrating in my hears. It was as if time stood still, and I could hear every conversation that was here. I hated this place... All the noble pumps with their ritzy dresses and suits. My stomach was sick... Shifting through my fabulous hair, I wondered if it was the right choice to come here. I was told I had no choice, but everyone has a choice. I just don't want to rack up a bad name for myself before I even made one.

But what made it even more worse was the force users that were here. While certain things I had made my completely hide any sign that I was trained with the force, I could feel waves of power coming off from everyone else. Jedi, Sith, Nightsisters: there were so many people here. How could sworn enemies for thousands of years find time and choose to fight alongside each other. It's foolish, completely impossible and unfathomable. Maybe a Jedi, sure, but a Sith? All they care about is even themselves. Sooner or later, these people will find out anyway.

I was naturally tense. Who wouldn't expect me to be. As I drank my cup of wine, I had a gut feeling that something big might happen. Well, I'd been many times before. Or maybe I was just acting up. All the time I've been here, I've been trying to fight off my old war-time memories. I don't need my buddies half the time I'm doing work. Well, not at least I've slept anyway.

I closed my ears and remembered: to blend in, you had to talk to people. It was always the first rule I'd been taught all those years back. But the thought of anyone being able to recognize my force signature was always on the back of my mind. Even with a new name, a new face, and a new identity, I always have to be on my guard, even if I've not their enemy.

CONSTABLE KNIGHT
CC.png

Ra turned slightly more to face Chant Sindhu after the woman's slightly more emotive declaration. "Constable Knight Ra Akimo." A smile spread over her dark lips after their introductions were exchanged.

"We must choose not to forget the past. Not out of judgment, but to as a reminder of how far we've come. Everyone fails, Private Sindhu. Everyone. What matters is how you conduct yourself afterward." Seeing how she'd turned more toward the altar and other guards, Ra let the lens pass over them as she spoke. "Myself," the six foot two woman held up her metallic right hand and slowly flexed the fingers, "I'm going to do everything I can to bring a little justice to our populous galaxy. One case at a time." She smiled again as her fingers balled into a fist and then lowered back to her side.

Someone would have already done a comprehensive review of the security forces of Naboo long before this event. Ra wasn't concerned about whether they were up to the task. That they were there and seemed to conduct themselves professional said they'd been well selected. Could some of them be those that had 'failed' before? Quite possibly. Was that 'risky?' Only if they'd been found negligent in their duties previously and yet still given this detail -- in which case such errant decision making called into question their commander. Yet, all of this would have been reviewed by multiple layers. Ra refused to believe the system was so far gone with so much oversight; even the Confederacy's federal government had an eye overseeing local affairs.

Besides, Ra was speaking from a place of solidarity. The Eye had been a... trying event with remarkable consequences. Perhaps it only happened once, but that had been more than enough. Losing two heads of state was bad, but having the capitol carpetbombed twice would had been undeniably worse. Fortunately, it'd only happened once. Though the spat with the terrorists hadn't been bloodless either.

"I don't mind to distract you from your duties, Private." Ra regarded the crowd once more. "Perhaps I should continue surveying the area before your superior notices." A muffled chuckle behind closed lips followed. Chant could convince her to stay or go to suit her conviction and carry out her duty most effectively. Ra didn't want to be seen as distracting her.

Tag: Open
Tournament

Combat. It was what Illian had breathed day and night ever since he had arrived in the Confederacy. From the first moment until now, it was all he had thought about. And now, the young squire saw an opportunity to showcase his abilities.

Throughout his time, there had been various individuals that had come and tested him. And he'd more or less passed his test. Well, that was his opinion anyway. More importantly though, the reason why he had come here was because he wished he'd be taken up as an apprentice, or be given a prize. The young warrior didn't care much about having a master anymore. He knew many self-made men had risen before him, and he intended to join them

Looking around, he saw a variety of blades. A katana, a hook sword, a blade, his face smirked. There were so many weapons he could chose from. Which one...

And more importantly, who'd he cut them with.

Nico Kaidshau

N
CC.png
Objective: Talk to the other Silver
Wearing: Nicer Jedi Robes and Cloak
Carrying: Lightsaber under the Robes
Tags: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

There was far more to unpack in the small statement of having poor luck on the planet. Something that he didn't want to get into at the moment by choice in deflecting the topic.

He wouldn't push the topic given their company. Perhaps a discussion for another time if he could remember to approach him once more.

"The buzz of adults is far different than that of children." His tone marked with a frown as he diverted his eyes and looked over the crowd around them. "I feel a nervous buzz amongst them even with the mirth. Feelings awash with joy though marred by worry. Have you heard anything of worry?"

Eyes slid back over to the other master, the peaceful aura not faltering even with the observation.

Eline Djo

E
CC.png

Wearing: X
Hair: X
Tags: Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Mina Ee'everwest Mina Ee'everwest | Svana Neoma Svana Neoma | Hisashi Hisashi

She remembered the last coronation... the last two. She hoped this one would stick, but she had learned from the turbulence that such high turnover was unusual for the position of the elected Monarch of Naboo, particularly because the young queens were just as much chosen by the people as any other public official on the verdant planet she had adapted to and come to call home over the past handful of years. The distinct day/night cycle still gave her great unease, but the idyllic nature of this place softened the edge on her trepidation about the sunless hours... even if she was still effectively blind in it, and even if it was terribly difficult managing the sheer panic that set in if she was left alone in it. To say she was thankful for being welcomed into, being part of such a full home, such a close-knit family, was an understatement.

So it was no surprise, then, that she learned to love the moon when it was at its fullest, how it would dispel the darkest reaches of the night, and through that, of Shiraya. Not one to be taken by religion, Eline had more of a personal interest, built on the ties that now bound her to this place, her fondness for history, and thirst for following a lead. This often lead her to books, even to ones that she could read to the children that graced the corridors of Evenfall, corridors that no longer came as alive at her open touch, not steeped with centuries of life within them. This, too was heartbreaking, like so much over the past year, but new memories would and did weave into the stone, where glimpses into Ee'everwest history once teased her mind - but she was careful to limit herself from dwelling on the stone of this temple with so many present. The walls have eyes, so to speak, and there was already enough whispers for other reasons...

Passing Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren with a trailing, yet cursory glance - he could certainly dress himself, at least, if nothing else - Eline came to join the Ee'everwest women, a bright smile painting her face at the sight of her niece and nephew, the latter of whom she set her attentions on, first. Crouching before him, one arm laid across her lap, her other hand reached up and tucked a rebellious strand back in place on Marcus' young head, then settled that arm with the other, rested along her waist.

"So handsome today... a fine young man you are, Marcus," she praised, softly, almost conspiratorially, "Just like..."

...a sentence which never finished, thanks to the monkey-lizard that had appended herself to Eline's back with an elated squeal. Just like your late uncle. It was the only true comparison, in her mind, in this place, and company and conversation she had sorely missed when he was gone, discussions that played into the changes she went through, as much as the influence of her dear sister and the other Ee'everwest women had.

"Auntie Ina!" came the petite, high-register voice of Careina as the child's small body pressed against Eline from behind, arms wrapping around her neck. Eline cringed at the impact, but laughed lightly.

"Oof, I adore you, Careina, darling, but you are going to tip me over!"

Heels were not a friend to the rambunctiousness of children! Little arms slipped away, a quiet apology following, Eline rising to stand, in the wake of it all, and turning to face her niece, smoothing out her dress. She had become more accustomed to the longer skirts, even if this one only reached as far as her knees.

"It's fortunate for you I can't be mad at such a lovely bloom," she said, warmly, yet pointedly, "I am impressed," Eline admitted, looking again to Marcus, also, with a softer look, "with the both of you."

Lifting her head, she found her dear sister with her eyes.

"And with such a beauty for a mother..." Eline voiced, "...I should expect nothing less."

Chant Sindhu

C
CC.png

Tag: Ra Akimo Ra Akimo

Chant once more stayed silent, taking in Ra’s advice. I’m no stranger to failures, that's for sure, especially in training. Thought young guard before the Knight displayed her cyphertic right arm. Slightly at the sight Chant took a moment to glance at the constable’s direction as she stated her intention in giving some measure of justice in the galaxy.

She sounds sincere. Then again we just met.

Regardless the new guard appreciated the advice. It was something to think about at least. Especially with these uncertain times. Chant wanted to be a little more optimistic in spite of the latter. Life is crazy enough as it is.

Out of her left eye she spotted a little girl with blond hair and pigtails joyfully squealed as she ran to the far corner. In pursuit chased by a silver protocol droid. “Mistress Amelia please stop this instant! Oh I must be out of my circuits.” The metal bot remarked while Chant watched with amusement with half a smile.

Subsequently Ra Akimo offered to take leave. Nodding Chant answered.

“It was a pleasure Constable and good luck.”

The Mon Calamari meant every word of it.

Daeryn Neoma

D

blackw.png

BYOO.png

TAG: Octavia Bardot Octavia Bardot | Othello Bardot Othello Bardot | Open
WEARING: X

Of course.

There was no resistance from her. Daer rested his head against the seat in front of him in frustration. It would have been so much easier if she could just kick as much against everything as he was. Then maybe they could both be free to do as they pleased.

Wishful thinking, though.

He was stuck with a timid girl. At least, that is what it seemed like to the Rockstar. She was pretty, he had to hand her that. But all he could see at this moment, was someone involved in the Caging of Daeryn Neoma.

Thank Hoth they finally stopped at the grounds. He wasn't far behind Octavia in his exit of the shuttle, but the moment he set foot on the ground, he was swarmed by a crowd of screaming girls and excited boys waving their datapads around to get an autograph. Clearly Octavia was not impressed as she moved on ahead, which did not really bother him as he was in his element.

After finally detaching himself from his fans, he caught up with his betrothed, who was already approached by someone that looked like he could be family. Well, sort of. He did not exactly have that posh look about him.

Because of this, the tall playboy of the Galaxy approached the man with a million credit smile.
"Daeryn Neoma. Well met." he said, extending a hand to Othello Bardot Othello Bardot . He then glanced at Octavia. "You need a drink? I need a drink." he asked her curtly, before taking off in the direction of a drinks stall, the shrill sound of screaming fangirls following him.

blackw.png

BYOO.png

Tags: | Daeryn Neoma | Othello Bardot Othello Bardot | Open |
Wearing:
[xXx]

-----------------

It was admittedly outside of Octavia's nature to be so tame, to be so give to the situation that was given to her. But she was a good girl, and she had been given explicit instructions to do whatever she needed to in order to make Daeryn happy, to try and make this process between them easier. And from what Tavi could gather? He would be happier if she was simply out of his way. So why wouldn't she agree to his ideals that would allow him to be separate from her? She was under orders, after all.

Still, that did not prepare her for the gaggle of adoring fans that had nearly run her through to get to her betrothed. Fire ignited in the pit of her belly from the sheer blunt, rudeness of the entire situation. Not only did these fans not care if they would have knocked her down and trampled her, but it seemed fame took precedence for Daeryn as well. Never mind that she had only by some miracle managed to come out of that stampede unscathed.

A scoff escaped Octavia, her complacent demeanor broke for the moment, and she shook her head as her frame turned so that she could just simply walk away. Luckily, it seemed Shiraya had gentle blessings in mind for the young woman. A voice she knew all too well caught her ears, and she turned on instinct in the direction of her brother. "Othello..." she sighed his name in relief and approached to meet her sibling halfway. Their family found disappointment in Othello; his life choices, the path he walked, the works. But he was Tavi's brother, her twin, and he meant the world to her no matter what choices he made for himself.

"Quite frankly, the Coronations have gotten old. At least they were smart and put his one amidst a festival." she glanced around at the people gathered and either mulling about or making way to the temple. But the start of his inquiry drew her attention, and another scoff escaped her before she could stop it. "I did not arrive alone." she informed him, and sure enough Daeryn proved her point. He had caught up to her, and even extended his greetings to Othello.

And then tried to scamper off, "Daeryn," it was her turn to be curt, and disapproval swam in her gaze as she frowned at him. Octavia could tolerate disrespect to his own family, handle his disrespect for her and her parents, but this was her brother. The single most important person in her life to date. "This is Othello," she pressed on, tone still lacking the reserved tone she had used with him up to this point. "My brother. He'll be joining us, so perhaps a drink for him as well?"

She would not roll over and be disrespected in front of her brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom