Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Ballad of Shiraya: Crowning A Queen | CIS

MinaDiv.png

Objective: Crowning Ceremony
Wearing: XXX
Tag: Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Svana Neoma Svana Neoma (Queen Liviana) | Kimiko Taiyou Kimiko Taiyou | Alora Ee'everwest Alora Ee'everwest | Hisashi Hisashi | Eline Djo | Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren + [OPEN]

Minaside.png

Some of her nervousness gave way when Baros reassured her that all was well. The slight inflection he issued in regards to her plight was met with a light, sheepish smile. A slight, respectful inclination of her head bespoke of one who was well-trained in etiquette. “I am glad to have been of assistance then. It would not do, after all, if both of us got turned around…”, she responded lightly, quietly, accepting the pity and understanding he bestowed. Mina did not believe for a moment that Baros had been lost.

But it made her childishly feel better to think he had.

If the young woman noticed anything at all in regards to the way others looked down on Baros and Teyla for their unconventional relationship—It would never become apparent. Mina was only pleased when those around her had hearts full of love and contentment. If this was the path Teyla had chosen? If Baros was her path? Then by all means it was time to suck it up and plant roses.

At the offer of modeling for Glitterstim, truly, Wilhelmina could not have blushed harder. She tried to push it down but every time she opened her mouth it only seemed to get worse. It was true that she had wanted to impress. Mostly, for Alora. But still, even if Baros was teasing, truly, they were all too kind. While Mina stammered Eline Djo could not have arrived at a more wondrous moment. Saving her from so many things she didn’t know how to process, all, while simply being stunning.

“Hello Eline—I hope you’re well?”, Mina asked, happily, watching Careina transfer to her for a customary hug. The woman was lovely as ever, truly, a vision. She would have continued to make polite conversation were it not for the loud song that ran through the air. Not everyone would be able to fit into the Coronation space properly, but so many had come, even if they stood outside and watched on Holo-Screens. It felt magical. Just to be near such history and majesty.

Hisashi remained with the family while Baros went to work. Honestly, Teyla could probably use a sixth set of eyes to watch out for Marcus and Careina so it wasn’t a bad idea. He could be devilishly fast when he wanted to be. Best or worst governess, ever. Hazel eyes shifted between green and blue while they lingered on the much taller man. She wondered, often, what it was that made him feel like he was twined so thoroughly with something dark. Was he sad?

Sometimes she wanted to ask. Something, somehow, made her afraid to. As if Hisashi Hisashi had answers to questions she did not want to know. He was so proper in his response to her bumbling near lack of graciousness that she almost apologized for it. He was good to her even when she considered herself a pain. The flower he had given her drew thought.

Had he known that Rominaria were her favorite?

“Oh it must be starting!”

She blurted out, trying, in vain to wipe away the thoughts that plagued her. There was something that suddenly left her with a feeling of being unsettled. At first, she’d thought it to be the nameless storm cloud that followed Hisashi around, but alas, this was something new. Her right hand came to fall over her shimmersilk covered stomach while it turned. This was a happy day. It was a joyous day.

It was a perfect day!

Why did she suddenly feel upset?

Teyla unknowingly jolted her into action by reminding them it was time to find their seats and Mina followed along obediently. There was a long, beautiful procession, and just like everyone else, she found that her eyes glued themselves to Queen Liviana. She was everything anyone could want in a leader. Mina had read every article she could on the Holo-Net just to try and get some sort of sense as to who she really was. Behind the finery, behind the beauty, there was a shining mind and a large heart.

That was what Naboo needed. Not pageantry and power plays. Someone of substance.

Wilhelmina believed that Svana Neoma Svana Neoma , Queen Liviana, was that person. She also wished, probably foolishly, that it would be possible for her to speak to the dark-haired royal. She had so many people surrounding her and vying for her attention. There was no way protocol would allow it. Not to mention—Why would a Queen waste her time with a girl scarcely out of secondary school.

Still. It would be nice. Even, just for a moment. Just to ask how she felt, truly, was she all right?

Perhaps then the terrible feeling in her stomach would cease.

Silver-Purp-B.gif

N A B O O
Tag: Rann Thress Rann Thress
Dressed in: White
What Are You Doing: Watched Ceremony --> Dancing

To his credit, were she not Srina Talon, the mask he wore so fervently might have held true. It was only in his extreme misfortune that he had chosen an Echani with which to bandy about secretive motives and empty intent. He could not hide from her any more than the desert could hide from the sun on Tatooine at high noon. He was no more at fault than rain was for falling or the wind was for blowing. It was simply the way it was supposed to be.

Srina walked at his side in an easy, rolling gait, in which there was barely a sound when her bejeweled footwear touched polished marble. To anyone that watched the way they traversed the Temple it would have seemed entirely different. She blended, easily, and it would almost appear that she had been made to be exactly where she was. Hand on his arm. Footsteps in sync. A ghostly smile slid across pale lips at his confession, though, it was the thin wisps of irritation and anger that called to her.

It wasn’t much. He seemed to be like a kettle with a lid slightly ajar. So close to boiling over, but, losing just enough steam that he remained contained. That was a delicate dance.

“You are not alone. I have been told that I can be…”, she trailed off, carefully, pausing just outside the area where the royal procession would walk. Srina was required to be present by nature of her station but this was not truly an event for the Confederacy as a whole. It wasn’t even an event for the people of Naboo. It was a symbol of hope. A phoenix rising—Because the seat of the Queen of Naboo would not be denied, left vacant, or shied away from. The citizens would not crumble. It was a shining beacon for what every world hoped for. “Hard on the senses.”

“—But the same can also be said of the Gungans.”

There were plenty of them in attendance. The galaxy seemed to forget that Naboo was comprised of two very different sentient species. Queen Liviana had her work cut out for her. She had to impress not only her human constituents but those that dwelled beneath watery depths as well. It was paramount to maintaining peace. That, especially, did concern her.

Srina remained silent as the dead while the crowning words were passed. A delicate sentinel who truly seemed as if she might blow away if the breeze picked up too strong. She wouldn’t feel like a warrior. If little Rann Thress Rann Thress wouldn’t have seen her in action, in truth, he would have never assumed she was anything more than a politician. A pretty face, otherworldly, but far from a threat.

That was how she preferred it to be for those who could not recognize her on sight.

A chorus of Long May She Reign filled the air and soon afterward they were dismissed by the newly crowned Nabooian Sovereign to enjoy the festival. Srina could feel her nerves, shaking, trembling like the leaves on winter trees from a mile away. It must have been difficult to have an entire world turning their eyes toward her like tracking ammunition. Coming from someone who had addressed an entire nation that spanned countless systems in times of peace and war, suffice to say, she understood.

The crowd cheered and Srina once again began to fall into motion while she pondered through the rest of what Lord Thress had offered. The white-haired woman didn’t so much lead as she did allow the masses to carry them forward. Their enthusiasm and hope were almost infectious. Almost. Her heart was too hardened to find any true enjoyment. At best, she could find security in one more puzzle piece sliding into place. That, was a relief.

Even if that relief was short-lived. As much as she wanted to trust that this Coronation was safe?

She didn’t.

“You are a strange boy.”

The area that was reserved for dancing was large, exceedingly so, which left plenty of space between them and everyone else. Srina turned and brought one hand up to rest softly on his shoulder while the other waited in the air for his. Naboo was exceedingly fond of old customs, which meant, the occasional two-step where they merely swayed like a divine pendulum. Silver eyes seemed to have become a quiet shade of gunmetal while, still, she considered his confessions equally. She angered him for being what she was. More than anything, who she had become. “Respect is earned. If you desire it…Take it.”

She could hear lilting music beginning to start and her movements seemed to fall exactly in time. The wintry woman was present, there, but somehow willowy and fleeting. When she looked up at her partner without distraction, he would find her strength, a certain sharpness, a darkness, buried beneath years of training. He wouldn’t be able to see the hardships she had endured. The pain, the loss, that broke her down so that she could be remade. “Do you think that I was born this way?”

“That I have always been as I am now?”

Her breathing remained entirely even while her heartbeat remained steady and slow. Her voice was fascinating in the way that it lacked all emotion, though, till carried a feminine edge that softened the warrior. Her gaze slid away from the Son of her Master and for quite some time she found the bodies that crowded in around them very interesting. Careful fingers tapped at the fabric of his shoulder for a moment before mercurial orbs returned to him. “…I would not wish my fate on you...”

“I am what I must be. I am what the galaxy has made of me. I am effective, because I have to be. I am what you call powerful because there is always something larger, or stronger, that will seek to harm what is mine. I will fight…”,
the words rose, almost, a whisper. There was no fear in them. No regret. It was simply quiet and nigh reverent in the way one might utter a prayer in the dead of night. “I will do what they cannot.”

The corners of her lips tilted upward. Just for a second. A halting, brief second, it seemed that the Dread Queen might have worn a smile. It wasn’t filled with joy, pleasure, or anything that might have denoted a sense of victory. If he noticed it between the lights, music, and laughing crowd—He would see a tiny truth. A secret that none were meant to know. Srina Talon, had no feelings. She was more robotic than most of the Droid Army. She was a warrior, a leader, and damn terrifying when challenged.

For a simple second that could easily be forgotten?

She was sad.

“Always.”

D A N C E

rann.png

WEARING:

TAG: Srina Talon Srina Talon

Rann continued to walk alongside Srina as they traversed across the temple floor, and reflected upon what he had said, how it had made him feel, and how Srina might react. Honesty truly was the best policy. He had no secrets now. They were useless anyway. Better to be honest. Truthful. True to himself. He was who he was. He felt how he felt. And he would not apologize for it.

As Srina walked her irritatingly perfect walk across the marbled floor, Rann followed. He walked with grace, decorum, but her movements just seemed...otherworldly. Perfect. Too perfect.

She even walks perfectly. he thought to himself as he shot her a sideways glance he was sure she would notice. She seemed to notice everything. The knowledge of that fact, strangely enough, put him at ease. He didn’t need to be sneaky or deceptive because, truly, it was useless. When she began to speak, he listened.

Hard on the senses. Like Gungans.

“Hah!”
He let out a chuckle and looked at her with a half smile.

“In the way that fire and water both cause death, sure.” He laughed quietly afterward. He followed Srina’s eyes and looked at the Gungans in attendance. Rann never particularly cared for Gungans. Before the Knights Obsidian moved to Naboo he never knew they existed. What he’s seen since their discovery was a native species with too much pride for their own good, and more than a bit of buffoonery.

He kinda liked them. They reminded him of him.

Gradually, the Temple became silent as a tomb while the new Queen of Naboo was crowned, and Rann watched with interest...and a bit of homesickness began to bubble in his belly. Naboo and Onderon were two sides of a coin. Different in more ways then they were similar but a similarity they did share was a monarchal system.

Rann was a poor child on Onderon. Abandoned by a father who never knew or never cared for his existence to a mother who, try as she might couldn’t care for him by herself. So she married. And Rann’s step father saw in Rann only a burden. Hatred. A drain on their coffers even as he fathered several children with Rann’s mother. Rann was at fault. Rann was the problem. “Bastard” he was called.

It wasn’t until Rann’s powers over the Force were revealed that the tune changed. He remembered exactly how it happened. His stepfather had taken a toy from him, and thrown it from their window. Rann had recalled it with the Force. And that was that. Suddenly the dynamic changed. Suddenly he was the golden child at the expense of his half-siblings.

A beautiful gift. Twisted almost immediately for Ill. Rann was ‘trained’ to use his power for thievery. For wrongdoing. For trickery. Even as he got out on his own, started doing the Amazing Rann bit in Iziz marketplaces using the Force to confound and amaze, he did it for the wrong reasons. But every night he looked up at the Royal Palace and dreamed. Dreamed of luxury. Of security.

It always seemed so out of reach. So unattainable. Yet here he was, now. On Naboo. Attending a coronation ceremony as the Vicelord of the Confederacy’s son. Night and day. Yet it filled him with sadness. And rage. That this life was kept from him. Yet he still missed home. His ‘family’. Those dreams of royalty. It gave him drive. Helped shape the man into who he is today, yet he felt more out of place than ever. A charlatan, a shame. Just like he was in Iziz marketplaces.

He shook his head, returning to here and now from the daydream that had gripped him and looked around with eyes wide, trying to reacclimate to the situation. He once again glanced at Srina Talon. And what he saw caused him to raise an eyebrow.

So still. So quiet. So cold. One could be forgiven for assuming she was either dead or a statue. Rann stifled a chuckle borne out of anger.

Rann peacocked. He dressed fancily in battle and out to project an air of superiority. It was perhaps the biggest lie he had ever told. He was a warrior. He wasn’t a statesman. He wasn’t a diplomat. He wasn’t a good person. He was a Sith. He was, arguably, an evil person. What’s more he didn’t attempt to hide it. Pale skin, yellow eyes displayed for the world to see, and they saw. Sideways glances here and there. But he didn’t belong. The fancy dress suit was a lie. Finery hiding the ugly beneath.

But Srina? She wasn’t lying. The lady she displayed here, and most definitely at other social functions, was just as much who she was as the unstoppable juggernaut Rann knew her to be on Dorvalla.

The only saving grace Rann had, was that she wasn’t exactly human. He could be forgiven for not being up to her level. They were just...better.

But he wouldn’t forgive himself. Ever. He had to be better than her. One day, he would. Or he would be dead. This was the promise he had made himself, and it wasn’t one so easily broken. After a few seconds of his silent pondering He found himself staring out of the corner of his eye for, pretty much the whole time and turned his attention back to the ceremony at hand.

By this point he had missed the entirety of whatever speech or formal words were supposed to be said. Lost in his madness and anger.

“Long May She Reign.” He celebrated, knowing only the right moment because literally everyone else in the Temple carried the cheer for him. Once the Queen had dismissed the procession, Rann and Srina moved with the crowd. It was starting to be a bit overwhelming. Too many people. A party? Ryloth.

Ryloth

He breathed a bit heavy. Panic grew inside him. Just a seed. A feeling in the back of the back of his mind. He endeavored to keep it from his mind for now. Enjoy himself. Have a good day.

“You are a strange boy.” She stated, so matter-of-factly.

“So I’ve been told.” Came his quick response. “But I aim to be the Best of them.”he said with a quick smile as they moved onto the Dance floor.

Dance floor? he thought, looking around. Oh.

Then Srina put her hand on his shoulder, and he recoiled slightly out of shock, before taking a microsecond to process. With a deep breath, he placed is hand in hers, and gently rested his other on her waist. “Don’t get me wrong. The last thing. Absolute Last Thing I want is your respect given to me freely.” The music began to swell and the two of them began to move in time, gently swaying to the music. All things considered it was quite nice.

I seem to have a knack for conversationally stimulating dances. he found himself thinking with a smile on his face as he remembered the bright spot, Ala Quin Ala Quin on Onderon. He looked at Srina with the smile still on his face as she spoke.

“No. My only saving grace is that you were forged into what you are. It means that that level is attainable for me. If you were simply born this way...I don’t think I could take it.”

As they danced, certain...ticks seemed to form.Forget Combat. Dancing was the truest form of communication. He doubted a simple conversation over tea would yield as much. And he listened. He absorbed. He hung on every word. It was enlightening to see what the Dread Queen thought. Her...perhaps not true feelings but more than the stoic she purported to be.

He allowed her to finish, and pondered quietly for a moment.

“Srina.” He used her name for the first time.

“I don’t wish your fate upon myself. I don’t know what you’ve gone through. I don’t know why you’re the way that you are. I can’t imagine the hardships, the struggles, the sleepless nights you May or may not have faced. What I see is the result. I don’t wish to walk the same path. I wish to arrive at the same destination. I’ve begun down my path, for better or worse. I’ve encountered my own hardships, my own struggles, my own sleepless nights. And I’d loathe to go through all that, go through all of my own trials to just become another you.” He stared at her, his yellow eyes unblinking staring into her silver.

“I don’t want to become another you. And your why of it all doesn’t concern me. You do what you do for whatever reason you do it. Perhaps it’s duty. Love. Perhaps because it’s simply in your blood or it simply just is to do what they cannot.” He jerked his head to the side to indicate the masses. “I don’t know. You have your reasons. I have my own. We aren’t the same. We have our own paths, and I wouldn’t change mine for yours.” He chuckled. “Sometimes...I wonder that, if I could would I choose to never leave Onderon? Ignorance...” he looked at his robotic right hand, “Would have been so bliss.” His own eyes shown of sadness. Regret. But as quickly as they flared they were silenced. Steeled into determination.

“But I am here now. And I desire what I desire. And regardless how you feel about how you acquired it...Lady Talon, I desire your power.”

teal.png

WEARING: X
TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Redd Redd

While Gerwald and Lunara played their parts in the public eye, Oleander remained just out of sight. Still within earshot, easily reachable to those in the know. For all intents and purposes, he didn't exist. His name had been scrubbed from records, replaced by pseudonyms or left blanked in all but the highest level of rosters. It gave him a sense of mobility not afforded to the everyday individual. Things were easier that way, just as things were lonelier. But that was far from new. By dietary requirements alone, solitude was a must.

Imagine, being among a crowd of thousands, yet still being so isolated.

His cool gaze watched as the cloaked woman approached the trio, brow furrowing as he got hints of malice practically radiating off of her. Perhaps she was the threat they were meant to look out for? The Anzat's hand drifted to the weapons, ready to strike the woman down in a moment's notice. Yet as it became more clear who her wrath was directed towards, he relaxed a fraction. Gerwald could handle himself. Her majesty and various others attending the coronation? There was one way to find out, quite literally the opposite of the goal behind having the Kights Obsidian present.

Nevertheless, he cast a quick glance toward both Gerwald and Lunara, a silent question of 'should I get rid of her?' whilst letting those familiar with her (He assumed they were familiar, at least. Her introduction certainly suggested as such.) call the first shot.

teal.png

CC.png

Wearing:
A T-shi...no a suit
Tagging: Shalita Verd Shalita Verd | Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas

s3dDgJ.png

The Exarch had expected to be recognised eventually, it was the price one paid for being one of the faces of the Confederacy, the spokesperson and the hand of the Vicelord. He just hadn’t expected to be recognised quite so soon, the silence, the anonymity had been a pleasant experience. It was almost like a calming balm after being in the spotlight for so long, like a dip into a cool pool to refresh yourself after a long day. Dark eyes flicked around, catching sight of the pair who had greeted him as he let a smile curl up the corner of his lips. Of course it was them.​

“Shalita, Fevris, fancy running into the two of you in a place like this. I thought I was the only one trying the blend into the crowd…”

The cyborg held up a hand, forestalling any further comment from the sharp-tongued assassin, amusement dancing through his dark eyes as he inclined his head towards her.​

“Yes, yes. I know, you’re absolutely right. I suck at hiding but to be fair, I really didn’t think I’d have to in a crowd like this. Besides, can you imagine how distinguished I’d look if I wore one of those fake moustache and glasses things. Sure, no-one would recognize me, how could they possible penetrate through my cunning disguise, but imagine how uncomfortable those would get after a while?”

Truth was, if the man had to be spotted by someone, then he could imagine worse company to be with. The minister and doctor didn’t seem to be the types to stand too heavily on protocol or formality and on a day like this, one steeped in tradition and history that formality was already present. The walls of the temple were steeped in it, every action and movement of the ritual a link back to monarchs and goverments of the past. The Nabooian monarchy had a history that few leaders in the galaxy could hope to compare with, the sense of gravitas that came with that something that many others would seek to emulate.​

Seek, but to succeed, that was something completely different.​

You could see it in the stance of the young queen, the weight behind her words. John had faced Jedi Masters and Sith who wished they had the poise and regality, the gravitas, of that young woman. It was amazing what that sense of bearing that the royal and noble houses of Naboo were able to impart on their offspring just through family traditions. Not just the nobility though, it was something about every Nabooian he’d met, something about the culture of the planet that produced such a host of caring individuals who carried themselves with such poise.​

The cyborg slipped a hand into his pocket, turning to face his companions as the crowd flowed around them, like water parting around rocks. This was the other side of the coin, individuals who perhaps lacked the history, the training of these lineages, but instead through sheer force of will and personality had a gravitas of their own. People who had reached the forefront of their fields, who carried that confidence about them in their every action. Individuals who stood out, just by being themselves.​

A smile touched the man’s face as he nodded at the doors that had been flung open.​

“Well, her majesty has given us a command, so what do you say? I believe a reconnaissance in force to determine the quality of the refreshments provided and the ambience of the ballroom is called for. Care to join me?”

Silver-Purp-B.gif

N A B O O
Tag: Rann Thress Rann Thress
Dressed in: White
What Are You Doing: Watched Ceremony --> Dancing

He was watching her again. Perhaps, he had never stopped.

Srina wasn’t sure what it was that led baseline species to stare at her kind with such reverence and curiosity. Everything about them seemed to be designed to draw others in. The way they moved. The way they spoke, sang, or simply the way pale-skin and equally flaxen hair always jumped away from any backdrop. Perhaps, it was their sameness. Seeing the same set of eyes on multiple faces with identical expressions could be disconcerting, to say the least.

The fact that she drew a partial smile from her Master’s son was a small victory. It was better than the pinched face and waves of agitation and envy that pressed against her psyche like a branding iron. She could shut him out. Just as turned down the crowd, their feelings, their emotions. The Force was both a blessing and a curse. She opened herself to his wants if only, to understand his position fully. The young woman was skilled in many things but often missed vital social cues. “Fire and water are malleable…They also allow for warmth and life.”

The crowning swept their dialogue beneath the rug for a moment, regardless, the path it had taken. It technically counted as polite conversation as far as she was concerned. Rann Thress Rann Thress was headstrong but he wasn’t an idiot. In a Temple full of good-natured sycophants, nobility, and the free-flowing wine? He not only passed for a competent companion but, a preferred one. The ebb and flow of the room were split. Some moved toward the glimmering ballroom, or the terrace for the lanterns, while others still fled toward the tourney to be held in the Queen's honor.

Of course, those with liquid courage in their veins would very much so want to play with pointy objects.

Glacier eyes flickered as they moved closer to the minstrel song that wafted high overhead.

He changed.

His pupils dilated of their own accord and the steady rise and fall of his chest was suddenly more apparent to her. She couldn’t tell immediately what prompted the uneasiness but when he withdrew from her touch to his shoulder, she seemed to have gathered enough data. If she noticed that parts of him were mechanical, she never let on. If she recognized him from the wounded and the devastation left by the Agent Wars—She would not say. They all held their ghosts. “Don’t aim to be the best. Just be.”

The Best Boy.

It reminded her of a very sad story. A tale of a boy and his droid. The story of a force-sensitive from Eriadu that had somehow tripped and fallen into a war of galactic proportions. A war that saw him lead from the front. She had watched through his eyes while he ordered the orbital bombard of a planet, while at the same time, wearing the brocade of a Jedi Master. Many had sworn to the heavens of his corruption. For killing men, women, and children. From his lips had been coined a phrase that still carried through some circles with impassioned meaning. ‘No Mandalorian is a civilian.’

They had been in a state of open war. It was a different time. Srina, could still remember the day his eyes went dark. When the mantle of the Commander of Ashes became too heavy. When the strength he had always exuded bent and broke. All with that one, small notion, at the heart of it all. Being the best.

At that moment Rann Thress Rann Thress reminded her of him.

She waited for her dance partner to acclimate patiently before falling back into place as if they had always been. The uncertainty that had lasted the span of a heartbeat had been erased. Srina shook her head delicately when he voiced that he would not wish for her respect undeserving. “You misunderstand. Earn it. When the time is right…Take it. It will be as it was meant to be.”

He smiled again. More. This time, not because of her.

Srina did not comment. Instead, she listened after saying her peace. Her gaze did sharpen when he spoke her name. Not because she was offended, but, because few dared. It was actually preferred. Throughout his assessment of her earlier statements, she seemed to settle. The movements her feet made were thoughtless, airy, and serene. She was a brittle winter rose while he would become the glass casing that both surrounded and suspended. “Very strange you are, best of boys.”

The words left her in a light sigh. He had taken to the surface of what she had attempted to impress but there were many things he had yet to grasp. No matter. The night was still young.

“If you desire my strength—This is what it is.”

If he hadn’t figured out that she leaned more toward physical communication over verbal he soon would. The hand that had unthinkingly wrapped in his pulled away so that she could reach up to let two fingers graze against a soft cheek. It might be an invasion of space to him. To her? It was memorizing features as they were. “Yellow eyes…”, she breathed, while her hand flattened, ever careful to emit something that would feel as if it were barely there. Her already pale skin seemed to whiten further while the silver of her eyes began to bleed. From a shade of mercury to burnished, tarnished gold. “Just like mine. Just like every Sith that has ever come before us...”

There would always be similarities. Her hardships were a burning cross designed uniquely for her to bear. Suffering strengthened the fiber of her resolve—But it also played a part in the particular shade of power he wished to claim. The event changed. The price did not. “Here lies the ambition of a man that dares dream of conquering not just one world, or a star system, but an entire galaxy. You may have your desire but there are needs of the darkness that must be met. I see a warrior in you. I know, you may want to fight. Resist. It is futile. The true Force cannot be resisted.”

She knew that first hand. Srina had tried and it had almost driven her mad in the process. There would be a time and place to remain stubborn and cling to their sense of self, but this power he craved, was well beyond that. “There is no easy path nor is there an identical road. You are you. If you truly want to become a superior being, apart from and above the senseless herd, it requires absolute devotion and dedication. I learned self-sufficiency both in body and mind, almost from the time I learned to walk. That is the way of my people. They accept nothing but the best. When I was a youngling…”

“If I flinched during training when the edge of a weapon found flesh, or, when an incorrect block or defensive maneuver resulted in cracked bone, my punishment was swift and inevitable. Pain became a teacher. I grew from fearing it, to welcoming it, because I knew it would test my willpower and my courage. It would make me stronger. Few learn anything from pleasure but vanity and vice. Pain, on the other hand, is a most efficient instructor.”

That was what awaited him. Pain. Agony. He had already sacrificed. The shadows that lingered in his expression spoke to a difficult upbringing and made the rest obvious. None of the children of Metus had exceedingly cheerful memories to fall back on. Srina had not spoken previously to suggest that he become her. No. What she offered was two-fold. A warning and map of the topography that few would ever see. If he wanted what belonged to her—Let him try and take it. If he could?

She deserved to lose.

The pale Echani did not discourage him, no, not at all. The Dread Queen prepared him.

Golden eyes would pierce him in a way that would be unsettling. It was fierce and reminiscent of a bird of prey. She drew her hand away from his face and let it fall back toward somewhere less invasive. A waiting hand, perhaps. Her cold expression seemed to shift while a curious question lingered in the back of her mind. She did not know if his formal training and could only make educated guesses from what she had seen. “Have you bled a kyber crystal?”

“Cracked it?”

Rowena Seoras

R
AkitOaJ.png
Tags: | Daeryn Neoma | Open
Wearing: [xXx]

---------

Ah there was that million credit smirk. Not the tolerable, fake one that was flashed continuously for the ogling, gaggling fans. No, that was a genuine expression that Rowena was personally all too familiar with. "Are you kidding me?" she quipped back. "I wouldn't have missed this event for all the gigs in the world." One would naturally assume she was speaking about the Coronation, but the fact that Row's teeth raked against her lower lip and her gaze swept over the other rockstar.

But, her gaze also didn't linger, and just as quickly as she had clearly been giving Daeryn a decent one over, her gaze drifted elsewhere. "Still not seeing eye to eye with baby sister then, hm?" it wasn't a tease, nor was it said to irritate him. Rowena wasn't sure how many people knew about Daer's floundering relationship with his family, but she was at least one of the privileged few - and vice versa. There had been plenty of exchanges to share information between them, after all.

"After all, you're out here and she was crowned in there." her chin jutted briefly in the direction of the temple before her gaze once more settled on Daer. "So that tells me that you need something a lot stronger to drink than this drivel they're serving out here." it was her turn to smirk, an expression that was in turn only ever genuine for him.

6eb62903ef58ae2121efeae5917d62cf_2.png

Queen Liviana

TAG: Aeson Rora | Nearby Knights/Guards | Open
Wearing: [xXx]

Well she had done it! She had managed to get through the entire procession without tripping over her gown, or her own feet, or anyone else's feet for that matter. She had gained the weight of the crown, gained the eyes of the people even more so than she had already had, and she was still stood tall in her place.

Svana had watched as the people began to disperse, be it to go and join the festivities outside, or to join in on the dancing that was now taking place. A slow, body easing sigh escaped the now-Queen's lips and for a moment she closed her eyes and just soaked up the moment. She let the anxieties go, let the fear of screwing up somewhere, somehow go, and just took that brief moment to breathe. And then her eyes came open and she gave a brief glance around herself. While some part of her was quite aware that she should participate in the dancing going on, she knew better. She was learning to be lighter on her feet in dance, but she hadn't quite perfected the art just yet, and the last thing she needed was to shatter her image by stomping all over someone's feet.

She wouldn't refuse if asked of course, but the primary objective? Was to get outside as gracefully as possible without being stopped.

And so without warning her guards, the Queen stepped away from her had-been stationary position and into the thick of the crowd. Or..what had been the thick of the crowd, considering that most people would see her and step aside to make room for her to pass. It didn't exactly help her be inconspicuous to escape, but at least she could get through more quickly this way.

So long as she could get through without being stopped by anyone for any reason, she could make it outside. There was a tournament going on after all, and Svana would much rather be outside watching it than embarrassing herself trying to dance.

Nabooian skies were full of lanterns as they begun to rise from the streets of Theed. It was a spectacle in of itself. Axile couldn't help but watch in awe of it all. He had never seen anything like this before. Not even the old holos that he had watched growing up could fully bring himself into this immersive experience. This was the type of event that people will be talking about for years. More so with the added drama of why the coronation was happening in the first place. With three Queens rising in quick succession- with only her predecessors to fall just as quickly as they rose to the mantle of Queen of Naboo- this was a day to remember for both the good and bad reasons.

A day to commiserate the fallen monarchs of the past, and the beginning of a new one.

A glass of Gizer Ale in his hand (which he had purchased somewhere before and after the lighting of his own lantern) Axile raised his glass to toast Queen Svana Neoma Svana Neoma with his fellow Nabooians.

A pang of guilt hit him in the stomach suddenly. His smile turned into a grimace. Slowly he lifted his drink up to his lips to drink, muttering: "Maria would have liked this..."

vWAY9ys.png
Tags: | Ariya Ariya | Open
Wearing: [X]

----------------

It was both pleasing and painful to see that something so simple could get to Ariya. That the explanation of the Lanterns had been that bridge to reach her once again. He knew things for her had not been easy, that life had not been easy, and it was certainly not going to get any easier for her now that she had joined the Knights Obsidian. But, Liam had every confidence that she would make it through.

For a time, his focus had fallen to his own lantern, constructing it and making sure that the pieces were creased and folded as they needed to be. Only when the chorus to honor their new Queen reared through the area did Liam look up again, and a grin lifted the corners of his mouth. "Well, seems we have our new Queen." he stated matter of fact like, then held his lantern up for his Squire to see.

"So, what do you think? I'm fairly confident it'll fly without becoming a fireball and crash landing somewhere." his grin broadened and his gaze went to Ariya once more. Since she was finished, he gestured for her to follow and step away from the table. "Come, now we light them and release them into the sky with those who have already beaten us to the punch."

The Grand Reception Hall that the participants of the crowning ceremony had been shuffled into, was enormous. Like the main part of the temple, it was clearly ancient, but not any less beautiful. The pillared ballroom was draped in crimson and golds, with crystalline lighting that made the room seem to sparkle as guests drifted across the dance floor.

Her hand squeezed lightly in the crook of Baros’ arm, taking a cursory glance as they descended the staircase at all of those gathered. There were several prominent figures from other Noble Houses that she noticed immediately.

Calista Rekir, the round Matriarch of her house and the local town gossip, always ready with a story to tell at the tip of her tongue.

Thurek Hartnel, the forty-something second son of his house. A stoic and hard man that gave most who knew him a bad case of indigestion, though Thurek had proven himself to be an effective legislator. Last year, he’d seen twelve of his ninteen bills treated substantively with committee markups and hearings. His anti-poaching act to protect the Bogwing passed just recently.

Then there was Xalvador Stone, president of the Refugee Relief program, an immensely fat man who rested in a repulsor chair off to the side, rather than mingling on his feet in the crowd.

Teyla didn’t doubt that more would stream in as the night progressed and that they would need to try and socialize with a number of them to help solidify Baros’ new standing and position within the Queen’s court. She had faith in his success, he tended to shine in these types of high-pressure environments.

“So, out of the frying pan and into the fryer…” Teyla remarked, armoring her heart against the scrutinizing stares, and standing proud knowing she had Baros and her family at her side. “With our heads held high. Let’s all enjoy ourselves, hm?”

Last edited:
CC.png

Now that Axile had paid his respects to the monarchy, and his lantern now hovered in the skies above, he would now begin his tricky ascent up the ladder of Nabooian society. He made his way from the streets of Theed to the temple. As an unknown figure that held no infamy or notoriety so his journey up to the temple was uneventful. Entering the Grand Reception hall he asked one of the handmaidens to direct him to the Grand Ballroom, and after brief conversation found himself entering the room after being told where to go.

Unlike Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren he did not know anyone in the room. But there was a sense of power that radiated in here. A lot of influential people- each stemming from wealth- was on display here. Now it was time for him to join them.

As he approached he heard what she said, and used it as a means for an introduction.

"I will try to enjoy myself."

A cunning smile plastered Axile's face as he turned to Teyla and her associates.

"My name is Axile Volzap. Do you mind if I joined you?"

Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren Mina Ee'everwest Mina Ee'everwest Alora Ee'everwest Alora Ee'everwest Hisashi Hisashi

Template-Top2021-Metus.png
NABOO

Why must I only live in one when there are many?

For one who was the definition of ageless, such a mindset was certain to be foreign. To suggest that one revel in the seconds of mortality was to suggest the understanding of an ant to a giant. Of course, Isley would do his best to introduce the primordial woman to the concepts of mortality. And today's events would be yet another chapter in his efforts to do just that. Thus, he explained - though he was certain she already knew the answer. "You are..." he hesitated in using the word immortal around the child. That would only raise more questions than he felt like answering in the moment. "...not subject to the time constraints of the average man. Because of this, you have an abundance of moments - more than the average man can hope for. It is like wealth. A poor man will cling to his pence for dear life. But a wealthy man will scoff at a single pence, for his has countless."

Whilst rendering his explanation, his sulfuric gaze remained focused on the task at hand. Which was simply elevating a few pieces of paper into something resembling a lantern. For a few moments, the obsidian tendrils of hair released his wrist, allowing him access to the full motion of his person. Yet, as he folded and turned the paper, the locks would return - making minute course corrections here and there. For but a moment, the mental image of a helmsman reaching out to correct the steering of a ship's captain filled his mind. It was humorous enough that a small smirk broke through the morose mood. Only for a moment.

Then came the subject of the young girl who pleased Elyria so. Isley gave a pragmatic response, one steeped in the legal platitudes of mortals. When it came to mankind, simply plucking another's child off of the street carried with it a whole heap of consequences. Yet for the ageless, what were the laws of man? That reality made itself apparent was the obsidian locks returned. She leaned in as well, pondering him for but a moment before settling back into her seat. Why do they matter? came her inquiry. She then suggested that they could simply alter the youngling's memories, so much so that she would have no recollection of her parents. The Sith's bottom lip pursed ever so slightly as he mulled over a response.

His answer was simple. So simple that even a primordial who was out of touch with the present would understand. "Well, you're a mother. You wouldn't want Kaden to be plucked off the street, to have his memories modified, and to call someone else mother, would you?" He turned his lantern about on the table slightly. "And yes, while her parents are...far less impressive than you, they still matter for that simple fact alone." He paused, lightly stroking the stubble he had allowed to grow upon his chin. "I mean...in theory...you could just modify the memories of all of them and call it a day."

Even she deserved to have a bone thrown to her every once in awhile.

After the crowd had wished the Queen well, Isley returned to his lantern - and was finally satisfied enough with its construction that he tossed a wish inside. Like Elyria, he wanted for nothing it seemed. But for the sake of the event, he had thought of something. He then nudged her to see if she would tell her what she had wished for. It was the little one who then interfered. In that moment, an exchange occurred that made Isley's eyebrows raise. Never once had he seen the primordial once change her mind...based on the whims of a child. His thought on the matter? She was such a mom. He shook his head, clearly amused.

You talk funny. You look funny. Oh how he wished he had brought a camera.

In the moments following the exchange, a hush had fallen over the crowd. The people of Theed seemed content to revel in the majesty of their new monarch - which was perfectly fine for the Sith. He soon found the form of the primordial one leaning upon him. And in the same instant, her midnight presence washed over his mind. It was...different than usual. He could smell jasmine. He could feel a gentle rain. This was a far different vibe of darkness than the formerly unfeeling abyss. Had the little one warmed her up this much? Or was there something different going on? Isley was curious for the moment and fully opened the doors of his mind.

Her wish made his hands fold upon the table. She found only silence when she spoke her wish. Quiet when her hand reached to touch his cheek. He looked down, head lowering ever so slightly. Was he furious that she would say as much? Saddened?

His dominant hand said the answer. It rose and settled over her own for a moment. << You really care. >> He did not utter these words as a question, surprised that she had the capacity to give a rats about a mortal. No, he uttered them as a statement. Acceptance. They had tiptoed here before on few occasions, but the circumstances of the present always dragged them away. At least, here and now, he could say << Thank you. >> He guided her hand away from his chin for just a moment, before placing his lips lightly upon her palm.

<< I had wished...for me to be able to understand you. So that I can bring you the joy that tomorrow promised, today. >>

A reference to the man she knew on the horizon. To that Sith he was destined to become, but was not yet.

Template-Bot2021-Metus.png

CC.png

This was not Glitterstim. This was noble money. Nabooian noble money. To say that Nabooian nobles were found somewhere up to their colon was an understatement, Baros simply took a breath, and patted Teyla's hand on his arm. She gave him comfort, and strength. Ultimately, these people still wanted the same thing that all the Holo-stars and starlets, that he had known, wanted. They wanted to be noticed, and remembered when they were gone - but also prolong the going for as long as possible. He could work with that, but first things were first.

"My name is Axile Volzap. Do you mind if I joined you?"

Eyebrows raised, Baros gave a simple nod. "Of course not, Lord?" He said with a questioning expression, "Volzap."

"I was just about to ask this lovely lady for the first dance,"
he said, looking at Teyla but then with a grin looked past her and down to Careina as she clung to her mother on the other side, "what do you say to that, Careina?"

Entering the Grand Reception Hall, Var-Sulis looked around, scanning the gathering crowd. (Interesting how these people carry themselves. The man to my left..graciously accepting small horderves..Or the Twi'lek woman, with her silk dress..Laughing at what may have been a joke to break the awkwardness of conversation. The big fuzzy creature with the eyes popping out..hunched over speaking in it's own language..Wait..Is that a Talz? People from all over must have heard about this coronation. Well...You've seen the invite. A sparring match? Good way to show of those combative skills. Show the world what a hunter can do with just his fists and a stick. No gadgets..no gimmicks..no powers..just raw skill. Guess i'll peek around some more and see if i can find out any more information about this tournament. Could be good for my personal pr.)

Sulis continued his way through the crowd, shoulder to shoulder moving through. As he kept all his words within his head he wondered what the rest of the night would bring. If he plays nice..Information may present itself to the location of a man who owes him a lot of cred. (Just think about your baby girl. Let her well being direct your actions). He said to himself while continuing onward.

rixa_skull.png

Rixa swallowed his floral drink and gave his companion a faux-wounded look. “A guy buys some underwear with flowers on it one time and you have to go and make a big deal out of anything floral from then on.” He grinned at her and then turned his gaze to look at all the potential marks in the crowd. Oh he was going to make a killing here, what was better if things went wrong it wasn’t like he’d be threatened with death like some of his other pursuits had done, honestly he felt that was kind of overkill.

He got another drink and they wandered around the crowd and mingled a bit and he got a few inquiries about whether or not he’d be in the tournament since he was a Mandalorian. Rixa told them all no and that he wasn’t here for combat. Tests of strength and feats of valor were more his older brother’s thing, not that Rixa couldn’t hold his own in a fight if he needed to of course. He couldn’t help but notice how more interested the male socialites got more interested in his companion when he mentioned she was a Mandalorian too.

Yeah they were both going to make a killing.

Having made their impressions and the crowning ceremony about to take place Rixa decided it was about time to start talking strategy. “I can work my way up to the Queen pretty sure, the Captain of the Guard might be a pain, but you know I can deal with pain.” He smirked at her. “I think maybe after four months we can milk these people for a pretty decent payday and then get the hell out of here. What you think Tar?”

Before she could answer Queen Livian was crowned and the gathered crowd of diplomats, socialites and other elites all raised their glasses with a “LONG MAY SHE REIGN!”

Rixa raised his glass but that was it. Loyalty in his opinion was something that lasted only as long as the contract he signed and he didn’t have one yet, but he had plans on getting a pretty damned good one out of this new Queen. As the newly anointed queen made her way down the path towards the tournament, her subjects parted for her but Rixa was not one of her subjects and he saw an opportunity here. “Alright Tar, may the best grifter win.” He winked at her as he made his way towards Queen Liviana’s path.

Everyone around him kneeled but he remained standing and even took it a step further and moved into her path. “Queen Liviana, it would be an honor to escort you to the tournament. Who better to analyze and discuss combat with than a Mandalorian?” He said as he bowed his head slightly to her and poured on all the charm he could so effortlessly muster.

tag: Taryn Alvor Taryn Alvor || Svana Neoma Svana Neoma

Queen Liviana

TAG: Rixa Numeck Rixa Numeck | Aeson Rora | Open

She had nearly made it on her own; nearly made it to the tournament on her own. Yes, naturally Svana knew that Aeson would be in her wake somewhere, and that of course the Knights were about too watching every move she made. She was Queen now after all, and Liviana needed much more protection than ordinary ol' Svana for sure. But at the moment, with her people happy, pleased, and entertained? Svana just wanted to be involved with the ongoings of the festival.

And she had been sure that she had made it, but it seemed that just wasn't the case.

The very last thing she had ever expected was for a Mandalorian of all things to step their way into her path. The armor alone had made the new Queen stop short in her tracks, and almost take a step back as well. After all, in most situations, a Mandalorian coming face to face with royalty couldn't mean good news for said royalty. And yet a breath later made Svana realize that if they wanted her dead? Well, she would have been as such already.

The suggestion that came from this stranger seemed to bring the Queen back to the forefront. Her posture straightened, she arched a brow, and her head canted a hair. "Who ever said that I was on my way to the tournament?" she questioned, almost accusatory. She had not spoken her ideals aloud after all, and while yes that was certainly the direction she was currently headed, that didn't necessarily mean that was her destination.

Not that she wanted to argue with a Mandalorian, but she also knew better than to show concern over the situation either. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

CC.png

Objective: Leaving Crowning Ceremony
Outfit: Here
Tag: Open

Cord had stayed through the whole coronation as member of the Knights Obsidian she had fulfilled her obligations. As people followed the newly crowned queen out Cord looked for the nearest exit, to avoid as much of the crowd as she could. As for the rest of the festivities nothing really called to her balls and lantern lighting was for those who had someone, Cords wife was off doing god knows what. That and Cord was never much for that preferring just to be off in the corner drink and chatting with friends, but she did not have many of those these days.

She found a back exit from the Temple one that seemed unguarded for some reason. She did seem concerned about this aspect but as the ceremony had gone of without a hick up it was probably just a guard slacking off rather then a red flag. That and it also gave her a quick exit from the building not that anyone had even noticed she was there in the first place now it was less likely for anyone to realize she had been there.

She slipped out the door while everyone was headed to the tournament, Lantern lighting, or ballroom. Cord found herself wondering down the back streets of Naboo until she found seediest Cantina she could find in Naboo the one where the criminal element of Theed dwelled. It was there she was truly among her people. Dressed as she was, she got a bunch of dirty looks and she just smirked and made her way to the bar.

She dropped some credits on the bar top and looked at the Tender. “Corellian Whiskey for and a round for everyone else.” The Tender smirked and nodded as the rest of the Bar howled there thanks to her. As everyone got served their drinks, she raised a glass to all the scum and villain in the room. “Here’s to the new Queen.” Both cheers and boos erupted among the ruffians bring another smirk to her face and a orange flash to her eyes of amusement.

rixa_skull.png

Rixa was a man who could read body language very well. It made his job of fleecing others out of their credits a lot easier. He knew what he was and what his armor usually signaled to people but he always put out a very non-threatening aura so that people didn’t get scared off.

The Queen may not have been scared but she was definitely nervous and he could tell she wanted to get out of this chamber. He kept his hands in view and gave the queen a reassuring smile. “You’re heading in the direction of the tournament your highness, there’s nothing else that way. You have nothing to fear from me, in fact I have an offer for you I’d like to discuss.”

It was bold of course but boldness often stuck in the mind longer than something subtle. If she rebuffed him here then no harm no foul, he would remain in the city and keeping himself visible and eventually she’d remember he had an offer for her.
"I promise you I won't bore you with talk of procedural and royal court duties, why not have some fun on your coronation?"

Svana Neoma Svana Neoma

Aeson Rora

A

Naboobar.png

CC.png

TAG: Svana Neoma Svana Neoma | Rixa Numeck Rixa Numeck | @everyone else in the procession

Well.

At least she made it through the coronation well enough. Aeson had noticed the shift in persona as soon as they stepped into the temple. She carried her head high enough to officially be called Queen.

The night was not yet over, but the Captain of the Guard did let out a slight sigh of relief for a few seconds. Yet he knew full well that the most dangerous time was still ahead. Now, that most people's guard was down, was the most opportune moment to strike at the new Queen.

He'd be damned if that happened.

He had noticed Hisashi Hisashi in the audience, accompanying the Ee'everwest family. He had the greatest respect for the man. Had served under him and had learnt a great deal from the great warrior. If there was one thing Aeson feared, it was to carry the same burden of loss as the former Captain of the Queensguard. To know you had done everything right. Everything you could. Invested the greatest of skill. And it still wasn't enough.

The fear was real.

The chorus of "Long may she reign" pulled him from his dark thoughts. As he looked at the newly crowned Queen, he had to admit that she was radiant as she spread her arms out over the crowd. A regal voice requested the people to enjoy the rest of the evening.

A moment of pride.

And then back to work.

Sigh.

With his eyes on the new Queen, he moved with her, despite the rest of his Guard being taken aback at the sudden movement.
"Just flank us. Don't crowd." he told Chant Sindhu and the rest of the Guard as he moved with Svana. Falling into step beside her, he accompanied her wherever she wished to go.
"Overeager much, Majesty?" he asked her quietly as they made their way out the temple and clearly towards the tourney grounds.

And then the dreaded moment.

When the Mandalorian stepped into his Queen's path, Aeson's hand went to the Phrik blade on his belt. He knew full well a blaster won't do chit against Beskar.

Hand resting on the blade, he allowed the Mando'ade to talk. At least he was talking and not just shooting. Aeson's face was stoic as he listened to the exchange. He was well aware of his forces surrounding them. This man might follow the way of the Resol'nare, but there was no way he would get off this planet alive if he tried something stupid.
"Just maybe your voice is already boring in itself - ever think of that, Mando'ade?" he countered at the end Rixa Numeck Rixa Numeck 's little speech.

Naboobar.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom