Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Baby Day

Niv Hani
div-orange.png
Outfit: Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"You think that'll be a problem? I mean, he's just a baby and I'm awesome, so you know..." she smirked and nudged her hip into her husband's side. "I do want him to get along with other kids, and not get angry with them if they get attention, too." She held little Eryx out in front of her and looked him in the eyes. He stared back, a happy smile on his face because Mom was right in front of him.

To a baby, the simple things mattered most.

"He likes your attention too." She held him out to Kahlil, hoping to see Eryx just as excited. Or was he really that much of a Mama's boy? Or maybe it was like Colette's cat — he loved her because she fed him?

"Oh and before you think I've forgotten..." another grin, wider this time. "No secrets from your wifey~ I will figure it out." This was a challenge now, and she loved challenges.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"True, we certainly need to make sure he can get along with others." It wasn't a bad idea, and certainly one he agreed with. He looked down towards Eryx, smiling softly. It was more likely that he was attached to his mom far more than him, but he wasn't completely against that. Even if he might be jealous himself that he wanted mom's attention so much.

At least he seemed bubbling as he was held out to him. He reached up, booping his nose with a chuckle. "Isn't it so silly that mom thinks she can learn all my secrets? Yes it is, isn't it? As if I have anything I'm hiding from her."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"I know you don't have anything to hide. We both don't," Valery said when he decided to use baby talk to tease her some more. Something that earned him a glare not from Eryx, but from her. "I'm just curious about what could make you of all people feel even a shimmer of jealousy. You always look so calm and unfazed by trouble." Well, unless there was a threat against his family, but that had nothing to do with jealousy.

That was him being the husband and father he had sworn to be.

"But it's alright if you don't want to say," she added with a smirk and looked at Eryx, "We all know Daddy loves Mama and the little ones most. And he knows Mama loves him just as much. Don't we?" She wiggled her fingers into his belly, and Eryx began to flail and squeal.

Looking back at Kahlil, she grinned, "Ready to mingle with some others?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I feel all kinds of emotions you know. I just don't tend to show them much." That was the training after all. Beaten into him at such a young age. Emotions were power, but to show them was weakness. If anything he was just so happy to see that Eryx was so open with his emotions. It's what he wanted for all his children.

What he'd protect.

"Mingling sounds like fun, doesn't it Eryx?"

Niv Hani
div-orange.png

"You don't have to tell me, babe" Valery's voice was softer and she gently placed a hand up against his chest, "I've known you for over a decade. You've been plenty open about your emotions with me and the kids, and that's what matters most." She knew that some of what kept him from showing his emotions wouldn't ever change. But, at the very least, she wanted him to feel comfortable being open with his family.

His wife and his children.

"Daaa!" Eryx then agreed with his Dad, and Valery snickered. "Let's put him down and have him play. We can mingle or just talk a little." She took her husband's hand, and once Eryx was down and crawling, Valery stepped towards a table. The one closest to where Eryx was because she was still a paranoid Mom.

"So... I was thinking..." she began once they sat down.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He smirked just a little as he leaned over to steal just a quick kiss. Nothing wild, especially here among so many others. But he couldn't help but want to kiss his wife after such a cute expression as she gave. Once Eryx was down and wandered off to play he took a seat himself, glanced to Valery again with a brow raised. That's how she started every conversation when she wanted something.

"Tell me, what are you thinking, mm?"

He smirked, leaning over to rest his chin in his palm.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

This once, Valery wasn't the expecting the kiss. Her eyes had gone wide just for a moment when he leaned in, but closed as soon as his lips touched hers. The kiss was a shorter one, for good reason, but somehow this connection felt deeper. Had what she said sparked him into wanting to kiss her here, in public? Or was it the way she had looked at him?

Valery's smirk grew as he leaned back and she only turned away to make sure Eryx was behaving. It seemed that being allowed to crawl and play kept him distracted enough to not notice the kiss.

No death glares for his Dad.

Sitting down, Valery watched him lean forward and couldn't help but smile. He looked kinda cute when he sat like that, "Well, I was-" she paused as she noticed someone from the corners of her eyes. She turned her head, and a woman stood there. About as tall as Kahlil and with long, raven-black hair and striking green eyes.

A true Epicanthix, and a warrior as well by the looks of it. She had muscle to her body.

"You two are the Nobles, right?" She asked curiously. "I couldn't help but notice you here. I'm uh, Elena." She seemed friendly, though a bit nervous.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil hadn't looked away from Valery at least until she cut herself off ad glanced to the person who had approached. He raised a brow before looking over himself. It wasn't surprising that people knew who they were, but it still wasn't fun to just be approached when they were trying to relax. He let out a sigh before faintly smiling. "Yeah, we wanted to bring little Eryx here so he could mingle."

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Oh she could tell he was annoyed.

Valery nudged Kahlil's leg with her foot under the table and gave him a brief
look. They were widely known across the Galaxy, and perhaps even more so on Niv Hani. This wasn't an odd occurrence, and she didn't want to scare people away with sighs or frustrated looks. That said... she had hoped for a little bit of quiet time with her husband. Especially with the way he had been looking at her all day.

Still, they had to uphold some good behavior.

<No glaring, babe~> Valery teased telepathically before she turned to the woman.

"Awe, I saw him! He's such a cutie," Elena said with an almost alarmingly kind smile, before she just sat down at their table like it was the most normal thing. "I must say, it feels reassuring to know you two are living with us now. The settlement is what our people needed, but there are dangerous folks lurking in the shadows, you know?"

Valery blinked and looked at her husband.

This was new.

Kahlil_Div2.png

<I'm not glaring yet.>

That would depend on what exactly the woman here was looking for. He raised a brow further as she spoke about enemies in the shadows though. There were a couple threats now, between those that followed his father and those who believed in the Unblessed. "There will always be danger, but our people deserve to have a place where they can be safe."

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

<Yet,> Valery repeated.

She knew him. People who interrupted their quiet moments alone and away from duty weren't exactly his favorite. Not that she liked it much herself, but she was trying to be nice and not get overly grumpy. Though, with this random lady sitting down at their table to prolong the conversation, Valery was becoming more open to her husband death glaring her.

Just a little bit, though.

"Right? I couldn't agree more!" she said in response to Kahlil. "I've heard on the news that trouble is stirring with the Sith again, so people are afraid, you know?"

"Oh we know," Valery muttered softly, but the woman didn't seem to focus much on what Valery said.

"Are you two going out there to stop them? Will we be okay?" she bombarded the two Nobles with questions, and she had plenty more to spare.

Kahlil_Div2.png

So that's what they were looking for.

Kahlil let out a sigh before he smiled again to the woman. Unrest was still rampant among the Epicanthix. Uncertainty, fear, he wasn't surprised. Many had fallen to listen to the word of the Zambrano for everything. Without a ruler, he could see some hoping for a symbol to lead them. "If it comes to it, yes. But I trust our people here. Right now, we're just enjoying our time together with little Eryx."

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

"The people here need good leaders," The woman said, completely ignoring his hint about wanting to enjoy time with the baby. Her body turned towards Kahlil in particular now, practically blocking Valery off with a back turned towards her in the process. While annoying, it somehow made Valery smirk just a little bit.

Why was it always the quiet ones who needed to endure people like this? All her poor, beloved husband ever wanted was some peace and quiet with his family.

"Don't get me wrong, Adonis is doing a good job. But he's no King, you know?"

Valery raised her cup of tea up to her lips and hummed, "Mhmm." Maybe she was enjoying this just a little bit.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

"Is that so? And what about you?" Elena asked. "Aren't you technically a Zambrano? You could lead the people here and it'd be fine, right? Or would that be an issue?" Now, Valery began to squint. It had been somewhat funny to have a stranger pester her beloved husband a little, but an accusatory tone or questions that went a little too far, and Valery felt...

Angry?

"I think it's time for you to leave," Valery hissed rather abruptly.

"Excuse me?" The woman asked, shocked that someone dared talk to her that way.

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

"Her? She's not even one of us-"

The woman's tea cup practically exploded before she could finish her sentence, showering her clothes in warm tea. She jumped up, yelped and somehow there was suddenly a chair right in the way, causing her to trip and fall onto her behind. It wasn't a pleasant fall, either.

Oops.

Valery brought her hand up in front of her mouth to hide her smirk and gave her husband some innocent eyes. She may or may not have done something there.

"What the..." she breathed heavily and snapped her gaze to Valery, "You witch!"

M977SXg.png

"Not one of us?"

Kahlil's expression turned to something eerily calm as he watched the woman. Watched the chair fall back. Witch, too, no less? All eyes were on Elena now. The other parents, they long knew of both Valery and Kahlil. What they both did here in Niv Hani, how they both protected this city, helped to build it up from nothing alongside Adonise.

This woman was spouting hate that was unfitting for any Epicanthix.

"Our people have never been one specific species you know. We bring countless into our fold, that's what our history is about. The King you want me to replace has wives of different species, beliefs. The Festival of Flame came from the Vaal. But you would reduce my wife to an outsider, a witch, and insult her honor?" Then, he chuckled. Glanced to Valery.

<I'll watch over your fight, love. Be sure to kick her ass.>

Niv Hani
K9AIC3c.png

Oh now she'd done it.

Even Valery couldn't really tell if her husband was legitimately calm or angry, but that look in his eyes was quite scary. She knew that he'd never appreciate someone insulting her in any way, but this was even worse. This woman denied his wife her place among their people and insulted the person she was.

Her honor.

"He was no true king, but a manipulative evil. Your wife is a mistake. She shouldn't be with you," Elena hissed with venom in her voice. Only now, Valery stood up and narrowed her eyes.

"Love, hold my purse." Valery extended her arm to offer it and kept her eyes on Elena. "You and me. The dueling arena," Valery said, causing many around them to whisper excitedly.

"Now."

"I accept your challenge," Elena said with a wicked smile, as if she was planning something.

<Make sure Eryx is watching.>

"Daaa!" The little boy cheered like he had just heard his Mom speak.

M977SXg.png

"Of course."

Kahlil took up the purse with a faint smile only for his wife. The woman was no longer someone he was paying attention to. It was Valery's duty to make her eat her foul words. He turned to Eryx, lifting him up in his arms before leaning down to whisper to him.

"Don't look away from your mother. She's got the heart of an Epicanthix. Learn well what that means for our family."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom