Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Baby Day

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Wedding Ring

"I'm sure it will. Just... It might take some time." The look in her eyes betrayed that it was important to her. By living on Niv Hani, wearing Epicanthix clothes and cooking Epicanthix meals, she was starting to feel more at home. But there were still steps to take, especially on a cultural level.

It helped to have a husband who eased her into it.

For now, she set those thoughts aside and focused on the rings she produced. They were a kind gesture, but a very heavy one to consider, too. "Wearing these would denote us as members of Midvintir's royal family - as members of his house." She let her thumb brush over the metal and sighed softly.

"He's worried. Your father and him once made a deal where he wouldn't strike against Midvintir for as long as Thurion still lived. So... if Thurion were to pass, he fears that it might become the end of his bloodline if your father unleashes his hatred against his family. Should that ever happen, he requested us to lead his people."

HAIuSyi.png

"Yes," Valery said to avoid any confusion, "I told him that I was going to talk to you first. I didn't want to say yes on your behalf, even when I can reach out with our bond." She reached across the table and placed her hand over his. It was quite a huge decision to consider, especially with their position within the Epicanthix.

It would be hard to be here if the people of Midvintir needed them, and the situation that'd spark the need for the Nobles to take the crown was the death of Thurion and his family.

There was no worse future for his people.

"I'm concerned though..." Valery added. "About why he's thinking about the future like that."

M977SXg.png

He squeezed her hand gently as the surprise gave way to rationality. A cold rationality, no less. One befitting of a King who always prioritized his people. It's why he respected Thurion. A crown was a heavy weight and burden to carry.

"My father has done it before, butchering families of those who stood against them. Or worse. Some of his harem and even one of his husbands were the children of foes he long fought. Thurion is someone Carnifex respects, but I cannot say it would extend to his family or that if it did, he wouldn't try to take the Heavenshields as trophies."

That's what it meant at times to be Epicanthix. If Carnifex won and killed Thurion, Midvinter and it's people would, by Epicanthix creed, belong to the Butcher King. "I am for helping them, just as they've helped us. Perhaps we should try to bring our people more together? Not in preparation of the worst, but so we might be able to keep it from happening."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

"He will come after Midvintir and the other Heavenshields if Thurion dies. Their deal has it where Carnifex won't touch the planet for as long as Thurion lives. But when he dies..." Valery frowned and looked down at her hand, as he squeezed it, "Thurion seems convinced that Carnifex will raise the planet to the ground and go after his family." So much so, that he felt it was necessary to offer the Nobles these rings.

The idea of actually believing someone might end your bloodline was an awful one to walk around with. It meant the death of his wife and children, beyond his own.

"That's a nice idea, love," Valery then said with a soft smile. "My thoughts were to first travel to Midvintir ourselves again. Immerse among the people and try to build a bond. Once we have one, it'll be much easier to connect our people."

M977SXg.png

"Midvinter is a stain on Carnifex's legacy of conquering. He's never claimed the planet for himself. I fear he won't raze it to the ground at all, but possibly turn it into another Panatha." He knew of his father's Worldcraft, just not where it could be. Where the Epicanthix that he did save were living. But that wouldn't be enough to rebuild.

".. One thing at a time. We'll invite them to Niv Hani for the festival, yeah?"

HAIuSyi.png

Yeah, one thing at a time.

An uncomfortable frown had taken away the joy and happiness from her eyes. So much so, that Eryx squealed from where he was playing. Had he felt it or noticed somehow? Valery looked over to smile at the little one, and he immediately went quiet and turned back around to resume playing.

Her connection to him was strong.

"Yeah, they're more than welcome to attend the festival. Still, we really should go there, too. If something happens, we need to have built up a relationship of sorts on their planet. Will you go with me?" she smiled and reached out to squeeze his hands, "Otherwise I'm going to feel lonely out there, you know."

"As for the festival, I've already made some preparations. You have an awesome wife like that~"

HAIuSyi.png

"Hmmmm, not telling," Valery said with the brattiest smile she could muster. They had talked a lot about hosting a festival, not just for the Epicanthix, but for people from across the Alliance. A chance to showcase culture and bring people together for something fun and engaging.

All the more fun not to tell him too much yet.

"It does involve some music but I think I'll keep the rest to myself, for now." She leaned forward to keep herself close to him, and batted her eyelashes innocently. Valery then rested one arm on her elbow, and placed her cheek into the palm of her hand, head tilted a little while she watched him.

"We have plenty of time to prepare it. I think I'd first like to go to Midvintir. Just you and I and we meet the people. Explore and maybe go on one of our famous adventures~"

M977SXg.png

Well, at least he now knew there was going to be music. Probably dancing, knowing her. He just chuckled and didn't argue. Rather, he was more focused on the fact she'd mentioned adventures on Midvinter. He smirked just a bit. He wasn't surprised she wanted to go on another adventure. They always had the most fun together with those.

"Alright, fine. An adventure together does sound like a lot of fun. What are you thinking specifically?"

HAIuSyi.png

Valery grinned when he decided against challenging her brattiness this once. Likely because he knew the festival was in good hands, and the seasons were only now switching. There was still time to prepare, and she had been throwing a lot of her energy into it. After all, it was a chance to dive deeper into the Epicanthix culture to prepare something like this.

Hopefully, Kahlil would love the ideas she had. But he'd also have a chance to add his own.

They were in this together.

"Well, Midvintir actually has quite a few problems that need to be addressed. A native species to the planet called the Uruk have been causing trouble. Then there's a cult of demon worshippers who need to be rooted out."

"Oh, there are rumors of Dragons having been sighted again, too!" She smiled and leaned forward to place her hands over his. "I think if we help their people, it will help build trust."

M977SXg.png

"Helping fix problems is usually a good first step." But would it be enough? The Epicanthix had been enemies of Midvinter for a very, very long time. It wouldn't all go away. As a first step, though?

Yeah. This would work. It would have to.

"Dragons sound fun. Why don't we go see what those are exactly."

HAIuSyi.png

Somehow, she wasn't surprised that he seemed most interested in the dragon. He was a bit of a nerd like that and perhaps it was the most exciting out of all these options. A good start too, before they'd get more involved in problems on the planet. The cultists and Uruks were something they couldn't forget about if Midvintir wanted their help.

"Alright, dragons," Valery said with a chuckle and a little shake of her head. "If we find them, do you think we can tame one?" Well, more like him taming one because Valery herself wasn't usually liked by creatures, for one way or another.

"Imagine if we had one to ride or bring us around. It'd be really cool." The adrenaline junkie showed in her grin but she also remembered something. "Though we know how Vera will be if we have a Dragon. Let alone Aeryn when she's older..."

M977SXg.png

"If they are tamable I will be absolutely bringing one home." There was no discussion on that. Kahlil didn't talk about it much, but one of the things he'd always wanted to do even as a child was have a draconic mount. He was not above letting that childish want run his day for a bit.

"She'll be fine. We'll get her her own."

HAIuSyi.png

"You seem very sure about this. What if the wife says no, though?" A dragon, assuming these were quite big, was not easy to keep around somewhere, after all. Though, that wasn't why she asked the question. No, she just never saw him quite this eager and determined about something. He offered no room for discussion, even, like this was something massively important to him.

She had to poke at him for it.

"Get Vera her own? So now you want two dragons?" Valery smirked and reached over to squeeze his hands. Her gaze ever-teasing, as she met his eyes.

"What is in it for me?"

HAIuSyi.png

"Am I now?" Valery squinted but let out a soft sigh after a moment. She always had a hard time telling him no, and this actually seemed to be something he really wanted if it was feasible. So... they'd make it work. Somehow. Valery wasn't actually sure how yet, but she wanted to make the effort for him.

The grin on her lips widened a little at the thought of what she could get out of him for it in return. She had her ideas already, for when they were alone.

"I'm taking the pretty one if we find them. Then we have a deal." She winked and finally leaned back into her chair again. Then, she just watched him. Even after all these years, it still felt special to sit across the table and spend some time away from work together.

"We'll leave for Midvintir soon, once we packed and arranged babysitters. For now, you want to head home and cuddle on the couch? Or should we take Eryx around town a little more?"

M977SXg.png

"You can have the prettiest dragon in all the lands, my Dragon Queen." Kahlil smirked wider in turn. yes, he was enjoying this, probably more than he should. It just sounded like a lot of fun to go dragon hunting.

"We should take Eryx around town more though. I think he's really enjoying this."

HAIuSyi.png

"Your Dragon Queen, hm?" Valery watched that grin of his grow wider and sat back with a content smile, "Trying to score brownie points?" If he was trying, it was working. No matter how many times he told her these cute little things, Valery couldn't ever get enough of it. She just loved him way too much.

If such a thing was even possible.

"Alright, but you should go get him. He needs to bond more with his Dad." Valery stood up and looked over her shoulder. For once, Eryx seemed to be not be focused on his parents. He was playing and enjoying himself.

"Maybe we can go through town and take him to the lake?"

M977SXg.png

"There's no trying here."

Kahlil just smiled a calm smile as always. He knew just how much she loved him and his little casual flirts here and there. And he wasn't about to stop them, either. He got up though, stepped over to pluck Eryx up with a smile. "The lake sounds like a great idea. Lets head there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom