Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction An Evening at the Golden Orchid - Galactic Alliance

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

Horace von Cholmondeley Sr. - Kol Ambo Kol Ambo - Open​

If nothing else, the King could take it as well as he could dish it out. Horace laughed heartily at the inspector's comebacks, not out of derision but out of genuine enjoyment. It mattered little to Anodyne, who still found herself at the center of this absurdity. Some of the other guests were looking this way. They heard and saw what was going on. The ambassador was mortified beyond comprehension. She was supposed to represent her home to the Alliance, and now her first impression to many was as the recipient of crude, boisterous remarks that painted her as little more than an object worth ogling. If she weren't so focused on preserving what little dignity she felt remained, Anodyne might have teared up from the ruinous unfoldings.

The King seemed to sober up, at least for a moment. His following comment might have even been charming, had it not come off the heels of his previous heckling. He raised a drink in a toast. Kol joined him. Anodyne didn't care about the intent of either. She swallowed the breath that had been building up in her cheeks, rubbed her nose, and stormed away to find a secluded space, where hopefully she could wallow in her embarrassment privately.

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

- Jace colis - Open -
"Senator Colis."

Alicio turned to regard his fellow statesman, perhaps a half-second before he came within talking distance. Alicio had enjoyed his brief reprieve from the socializing, but he was ready to get back into it.

The Count had to admit, his first impression of the senator from Had Abaddon had not been a pleasant one. Questioning one's governmental leadership, wartime capabilities, was important, invaluable... but not in a moment of crisis. Not in an important negotiation.

But he'd more than made up for it later. Alicio favored the scarred man with a narrow smile. "Trust me, we all say things we regret. It's bound to happen, when our words mean so much." Alicio folded his hands behind his back, falling into impeccable posture with ease. "I won't hold you to it, as long as you ignore the next time my foot goes into my mouth on the floor."

"Besides, you asked the most important question of the night. I'd say that more than makes up for it."

Alicio let a beat pass, before curiosity passed into his riverstone eyes. "How has the war affected you, Senator?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

<You know that's my threat.>

Kahlil chuckled a bit louder this time before he was pulled along to the dance floor. Then gently took her waist in his hands to hold her close and just sway to the music. Life day. He smiled a little as he nodded in agreement. It'd be good to celebrate at home with the kids, though he couldn't help but smile even more as she mentioned Eshan. There were a lot of memories there alone. "Let's go back to Eshan. Back to the lake. What do you think?"

".. But I just want to read." Aris let out a sigh, but he wasn't going to argue. Vera was determined to keep him from reading, and he wasn't much for trying to argue with her this time around. Especially since a bored Vera was likely the most dangerous Vera. He glanced towards the people she seemed to look at and frowned. "That will make trouble for our parents you know. We shouldn't mess with these people."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open

<I can make threats too, you know.> Yep, totally — she was the best at sticking to them as well, and not giving up on it as soon as he used his charm against her. Realizing just how bad she was at it made her pout for a moment, though it faded as soon as he mentioned Eshan, and going back to the lake. Sometimes, a simple gesture could really mean the world to her, and him offering to go back there made her eyes widen with joy.

"Really? I'd love that," Valery smiled and took one of his hands, held it up, and spun underneath it even on her heels. She chuckled, pulled herself back in and pressed herself up against him with his arms around her waist again. After all those years together, the slower, more romantic dancing had been something she mastered.

"We'll visit the lake to go down memory lane, get hot chocolate at my favorite little stall..." she let out a happy sigh and looked at him with the most beautiful kinds of smiles. "Maybe I'll beat you in a snowball fight this time, too. If you dare to go up against me again."

Maybe this time, she'd have to dress better for it, though.

A bored Vera, was very much the most dangerous kind of Vera.

She was already squinting at him for telling her he wanted to read, but as soon as he dropped the argument, she dropped her urge to go at him. "Fine, we'll mess with someone else, then," Vera said with a sigh. "Maybe those two?" She grinned and looked over at Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania and Makko Vyres Makko Vyres for a moment.

"Unless you want to go dance toooo~" she teased with a grin.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You really are a hopeless romantic, you know that?"

Kahlil held her close. Chuckled as they swayed together after the little twirl. These sorts of formal dances were the type he knew well, if only so he could be a proper prince when he was young. It was one of the things he only appreciated learning now, so he could dance with Valery with ease. "You won't win, you know that already." He smirked. There were very few things she'd been able to beat him in thus far. Mostly because he was just better at seeing her intentions than she was at seeing his.

"Though next time it might be good not to wear a dress."

"I could dance, but I'd rather not." Not here, not with these people. If anything he just wanted to keep reading his book and avoid the natural judgement the high class had for any that might not fit the mold of what they deemed proper. Though he tilted his head at her targets. Big sis Cora and.. Whoever the guy was? Oh. Oohh. He nodded once.

"They're a good target. What do you have in mind?"

"I'm certain Valery doesn't need you corrupting two of her students." She grumbled back. A pause, during which her cheeks flushed brightly. "T-that came out wrong, but you know what I mean."

Fortunately, the situation with King Horace and the young woman who'd been objectified simmered down. Cora wouldn't have put it past him to be capable of diplomacy – he had governed his people in relative peace for nearly fifteen years – but perhaps he simply didn't care much about the impression he left here.

Cora certainly did. The Alliance hadn't exactly been exposed to Ukatis' best side, at least not as often as she'd liked. While the Harvest Festival had been a success, the brutality of her forced marriage highlighted the ugly underside of Ukatian traditionalism.

"I know." She said quietly, giving Makko a soft smile in appreciation for his support. "I am glad that he's behaving a little less like a barbarian." Glancing around, Cora realized that she couldn't see the sharp-eared young woman any longer. "I do hope that he hasn't scared her away from the party."

The mention of dancing brought a curious edge to the way she looked at him.

"It doesn't look too difficult." She guessed. "If you want, I can lead?"

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

wb1.png

alexboarder.png
Braze, seeking a better view of the event, effortlessly climbed onto the railing of the balcony overlooking the main floor. His agile movements were a testament to his Jedi training, allowing him to perch comfortably on the railing with ease. From this vantage point, he could observe the bustling activity below, the mingling of senators and other dignitaries in their elegant attire.

As he settled into his spot, Braze's gaze wandered across the crowd. He recognized several influential figures from the Senate, contemplating whether to engage in conversation with them. However, after a moment of consideration, he decided against it, preferring to observe from a distance. The political intricacies of such interactions didn't appeal to him as much as the simple pleasure of watching the event unfold.

With a relaxed posture, Braze let his boots dangle freely over the edge of the balcony. He took leisurely sips of his apple juice, savoring the sweetness and the calm atmosphere around him. Once he finished his drink, he gently placed the glass on a nearby tall standing table.

Seeking a more personal form of entertainment, Braze reached into his pocket and pulled out a triple ocarina. The small, simple instrument was a favorite of his, offering a playful way to create music.

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

Attire: X
Tag: Saria Rae Saria Rae | Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

Z9U36lL.png
Unlike a few of his other peers Ko didn’t really pay much attention to the King’s antics. Probably for the best, he’d likely be quite displeased with their behavior if he was paying attention. He was putting a lot of his mental focus into verbally keeping up with Saria.

Hearing the green girl’s suggestion Ko raised a brow to her before chuckling softly from behind his mask. He didn’t really expect her to want to shift her attention to fun. But considering what he could remember from her rambling it wasn’t a bad idea. “Sounds like a great plan to be honest.”

But soon after the pair of padawans were approached by an unfamiliar figure. Ko had no clue who they were but it sounded like they knew who Sarina and him were. “Well Hello Mr. Raene. You are correct, I am Ko and this is Saria.” Ko replied to the strange man, assuming they might be a Jedi, but he wasn’t entirely sure either. But whoever they were, they seemed to believe that there was something important to discuss. It seemed like Saria and Ko might need to put their fun on hold for later.

Suddenly, if Ko still had eyes he’d squint them at the sudden intrusion of some music coming from somewhere in the room…

Last edited:

“Sounds like a great plan to be honest.”

A great plan.

Saria couldn't help but beam. She did, of course, think very highly of words of positive reinforcement. It simply met that her deduction had taken them in the right dirrection, a mark of her effective problem solving. Unfortunately a Jedi she had not met before approached. A pang of... dissapointment, perhaps, moved through her briefly. They had just decided to have fun as well.

This seemed important anyways, and Saria was not one to hide away from further responsibilities. She would simply have to hold Ko to the agreement they had just come to and try again at a later date.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," she greeted, giving a half bow. "What is it that we can assist with?"

Hopefully it wasn't anything to pressing at the moment. Danger to the event was the last thing Saria wanted to be made aware of.

"I have seen you both in a vision," he continued, his tone remaining polite yet carrying an undercurrent of seriousness. "It pertains to a prophecy, one that I believe you are both a part of. I wish to discuss this with you, if you are willing. There is a proposal I have in mind, something that could be of great significance."

His words were carefully chosen, revealing enough to pique their interest but withholding the full depth of his vision. It was clear that Tirin was not one to divulge such matters lightly, especially in a setting filled with so many ears.

"Would you be amenable to speaking privately? I understand if this seems unexpected, but I assure you, the matter is of considerable importance."

Tirin's demeanor remained respectful and unassuming, yet there was an undeniable gravity to his presence, a sense that he was a man on a mission of great consequence.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"No, you big dum-dum." Colette said and leaned back with her arms crossed. "This isn't about what I want. This is about what you want and how you want to present yourself."

Was that really so hard to get? Maybe this was the confidence part that Shan talked about.

"Roll up the sleeves? Tear off the sleeves? Button up? Button down? Get rid of that stupid tie?"

"Shan, nobody controls you other than you. It's about time that you make at least something that you want to do. So I want you to make a change to your outfit so that it fits who you want to be seen as."

M A K K O

Makko smiled at the notion of corruption. He noted that even as the warm blush spread across her skin that the scar remained pale. Something had come so close to taking her eye.

"What happened was not corruption," he replied. He was obviously thinking of those moments that were theirs alone.

"I think we changed each other quite a lot," he admitted. There was nothing crude in his meaning this time. They had been very different shapes, clashing and chafing against one another. That had eventually, but inevitably changed the shape of each of them to fit together more neatly. But like two plants that had grown around one another, the separation had done its share of damage.

Makko glanced after the subject of Horace's comments, but couldn't see her. He didn't like that the king was able to be such an ass, yet still try and take the high road and get away with his behaviour. Makko let that go for the moment. It was the result of one of the ways he had changed over the years. He was more patient, more self assured and controlled.

For all that, his chuckle was a little nervous as he agreed to let her lead. Couples were dancing some very simple steps to the jazz waltz.

"Lead on then," he said, moving towards the floor without noticing the attention from the conspiring Noble children.

He tried to copy the stance others were taking as he turned to face Cora. She had to correct him as she was the one leading, a hand in his and one against his back to direct him. They'd danced at a metal gig, with Lossa at his knighting but this was very different. They faced one another to start their own private movement in front of people. A flutter of nervous energy rose up from his belly as he tried to count out the beat before Cora started to lead him.

Blast it. Colette wasn't getting what Shan was asking for. He was asking what she wanted, because he valued her opinion. He valued her more than other people but the Mirialan shook his head afterwards as he looked down at his shirt, trying to figure out what he wanted. He was almost more casual than formal so undoing the top button made sense. Plus it would help him to breathe better, even if there wasn't anything physically up with him.

Considering he also liked to have freedom of movement in his arms, undoing the sleeves so he could roll them as well, before rolling his shoulders back ever so slightly to get a good feeling on how much movement he had. At the very least if there was a medical emergency, he'd be able to jump straight into action now...but he doubted something like that would happen unless someone started to choke on their food. The tie was going to stay at the very least. You never know when you might need a tie to well...tie something.

"Are you sure no-one else controls me? Sometimes it feels like someone else is dictating my actions...What I think...Oh well. It's probably just the Force." Shan shrugged his shoulders, joking around with Colette ever so slightly "And hey! I do things I want to do. Sometimes...Every so often..."

Colette Colette

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open

"Your silly, hopeless romantic," Valery corrected with a warm smile. "But I know, and you love it." She continued to dance, body swaying to the music, and her movements bringing her around him in circles. She was completely oblivious to anything and anybody else in the room — her plotting kids included — and just focused on her husband for now. "You got some moves tonight, love," Valery said with a playful smirk.

She knew he had once learned to dance, but he never really did it. Only now, his slow dancing was reserved for nights like this with her.

"You sound awfully sure about that. You know, Aris helped me train to connect better with our bond. I'm going to get you next time," she said with her own bit of stubbornness. Even with the training, Kahlil was just far too good at reading her. Or, maybe she was just terrible at hiding anything from him.

"Really? I thought you liked that dress. I have some other... fun outfits too, though." She waggled her eyebrows and let him twirl her around a second time.

Vera grinned at Aris and pulled him along by the hand, "It's fine if you don't want to dance with them. You could just dance with someone nice here," Vera said but... a prank did sound like a lot more fun! As long as it didn't ruin anybody's night, of course. It would have to be something fun and silly, but not harmful.

There was just one problem.

"...they look so happy," Vera said with a pout. "Do you think we can maybe ask them if we can join them for dancing? I... feel bad trying to prank them." She was usually not one to give up on her schemes, but Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania and Makko Vyres Makko Vyres were the perfect picture right now, and she'd hate to ruin that moment for them.

This was a rare Vera moment.

"Maybe not at first." Cora mumbled back from behind the heated flush of her cheeks. To his comment about them changing each other, she smiled gently. Their relationship had begun with a healthy dose of animosity, and two teenagers from such vastly different lifestyles were bound to clash. Somewhere along the way that hostility developed into curiosity, which gave way to an eventual mutual attraction.

Maybe that last part had always been there, and it had taken them so long to realize it. After everything that had happened regarding Ukatis and Thule, Cora couldn't help but marvel at the fact that they were still able to interact on a pleasant, familiar level.

Given what she'd put him through, Cora felt as if she had no right to be treated so kindly by him, but letting those thoughts take root would sour their evening

Instead, she let her gaze settle on Makko as she lead them through the dance with simple steps. He had grown as a person, but he was still endearingly that boy who stole her pudding and kept her steady when thunder rolled overhead. Maybe they wouldn't find what they'd lost, but she was glad to still be in his life.

"Ah-!" Cora winced when Makko accidentally stepped on her toe. "Careful." She admonished while sliding her foot away with a grimace, unaware that they were being watched. "These heels are...actually, I can't quite remember."

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

Last edited:

Makko immediately grimaced and mouthed 'sorry'. The uncharacteristic flutter of nerves he was feeling moved a little more chaotically.

"Heels are...very expensive?" he mused. She knew he didn't mean anything by it, even if it could raise her ire. They had been clothes shopping more than once. If there was one thing he thought was worth spending credits on, it was clothes.

He tried to look at her feet then at her face. He wasn't going to be able to learn and act quickly enough to dance the steps. Even as simple as they were. Makko had to trust her and let her lead the way, to let go, feel the flow and allow Cora to guide him.

There had been a time when he had surrendered control over to Cora and let her lead. That felt like a very long time ago. In the few seconds it took to shake her foot and reassume their posture he had to reflect upon himself.

He still trusted her. Implicitly and with far more than the steps of a dance. Even his life in the heat of battle, just like Ukatis. He found himself a little surprised, but also relieved. It also stimulated another idea. It made him think of the way Jedi with a close bond could guide one another in battle.

Makko smiled and closed his eyes. They would stay closed.

"Open up to that bond between us," he asked. "Guide me."

Feeling her intentions directly, as well as to direction of her hands and her shifting balance would be enough as long as he was receptive. Of course, what he asked was also a test of how much she still trusted him in return.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Is that why you'd closed yourself off while you were training with him?" Look at her, trying to get a leg up on him. He chuckled a little as they swayed back and forth. She was the ever competitive type, so he wasn't in the slightest surprised. Not about her training, nor her suggestion shortly after. Another twirl and a laugh and he shook his head. "You're going to get yourself in trouble again you know."

Well, not any real trouble. And he already knew she'd just take that as a challenge.

"Sometimes your benevolence surprises me, Vera." Yes, Aris was teasing her some. But he did also agree as he watched the two beside Vera. Makko was a pretty bad dancer though. Maybe they both were, though he doubted Cora herself was actually bad. Such was the life of a noble. "There's no one here I'd like to dance with, just so you're aware. But we could dance with them, I suppose. Maybe teach Makko a thing or two so they're not awkwardly stumbling over each other anymore."

wLpOPyS.png

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

GFLpo0O.png
- - -
JewKJvM.png

TAGS: Galactic Alliance

SVQF1HO.png

The music was in full swing, the wide dance floor filled with all manner of people, some young, some old, some dancing with every beat of the music and others dancing slower. Drinks had been flowing, in some case, perhaps too swiftly. Even so, the atmosphere of the evening had transitioned from upbeat towards a more sustainable pace. Slowly but surely people began to make their way towards the main hall, a wide room with high ceilings, ornate tables, and perhaps most notable, a large stage up at the front from which the music was being played - no recorded music for this crowd, no - live music was the tippy top.

From the stage, a man dressed in a bright blue suit walked out towards the center as a trailing decrescendo faded into silence.

"Welcome all, to the Golden Orchid Club, on behalf of the Anaxes War Drive, I hope you are all enjoying yourselves this evening?" he paused before continuing.
"My name is Robaert Ambrosius Cousteau, and I'll be your host this evening. As such, I have a few quick announcements and housekeeping bits before I let you get back to the party. Firstly, on behalf of Pols Anaxes and the Anaxsi people, we are grateful for your attendance this evening. It means so much to see the men, women, and beings of the Galactic Alliance standing together in the face of adversity - and that's the reason we've held this drive. You've all been gracious with your donations of both time and finance. It means the galaxy to us. Really, thank you."

A healthy amount of applause formed, Robaert taking a modest half bow before waving down the applause. "I have a few items to touch on quickly and I'll let you folks get back to it. We have graciously received two unique items to add to the silent auction found in the adjacent hall. Amidst the usual things these two are particularly unique. Fistly, we have an exquisite garment, Nebula Elegance: The Celestial Dress, hand-crafted by the artisans at Sonou's Apparel." A video screen flashed to life behind Robaert, the dress
rendered in all it's beauty. "One of a kind, ladies, gentlemen, and otherwise! Additionally we have The Cosmic Harmonium, a musical instrument that'll bring you to tears! One of a kind, one of a kind. This isn't your grandpappy's guitar, this thing is itching to play tunes that'll make the cosmos ring!"

"Now, to close up my long winded-ness, we have one other announcement. Each of you upon leaving will receive a single bottle of Gat Five Y, that is, Galactic Ambrosia Tonic, aged five years. Crafted by Ardees Beverage, GAT-5Y is a rare whiskey infused with the essence of the Namana fruit - you'll really love this one folks. And with that, I'll leave you to it!"

Another raucous round of applause led into another tune as the instruments jumped to life.

div-goldiguess.png

OOC NOTES

I will be entering all posters excepting myself in a random draw for the two unique items! If you win and don't want the item, I will perform a re-draw! If you are in attendance, you may utilize precisely one bottle of the Galactic Ambrosia Tonic for personal use! Thanks for showing out!​

"Unfortunately, I'm fairly new to the apparatus of the Alliance - at least in this capacity. My ties to the Intelligence world are incidental. Regrettably," he added. "Solid choice," he nodded in approval of her choice of drink. If nothing else, it suggested she was 'no-nonsense'. He didn't need to know her drink of choice to figure that one out though. Twirling the amber liquid in his glass, he pursed his lips. "Yes," he said. "Armored, T visor. Well, Y visor really," he caught himself. "Paint pattern, like an owl, blue in colour."

Raphael paused, savoring a sip of his drink. The subtle burn, the spiced and woody flavors engaging his palate. "I can't imagine it was targeted specifically, the odds of that are, well, slim. Opportunity most likely, at least that's what the statisticians would say. In terms of imprisonment, I doubt they'd hold her outside their realm of influence. I'm sure you're familiar with Ms. Fortan's view of the Mandalorians but even they woulds see the risk in doing so - so, somewhere close to home?" he suggested.

Does anyone else know?

"I assume most are aware of it by this point, at least in the uppermost echelons. As to the course of action, I've not been included. The Director was adamant I keep it close to chest though, and it hasn't been all that long since. For all I know there are strike forces already making effort to regain the Senator. It'd be a shame if that truly was the case, no one caring that is - in my view a blatant assault on non-combatants deserves a response. A strong one at that, but you know politicians, always find some way to make things complicated." He thought for a second. "Myself included, I suppose." He squinted, gazing across the room. "Seems like there's an awful lot of Jedi about, you think they'd be any help regarding the situation?" His eyes rest on the pair of Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble . "You know, supernatural abilities and all," he took another sip of his glass.

div-goldiguess.png

LF4kuYR.jpg

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

He did it. The crazy son of a gun actually did it. Colette watched as Shan got himself comfortable and gave him a slow nod of approval as well as a thumbs up. That was until he started getting metaphysical on her.

"Whatever it is that is doing that thing you talk about, they sure know who to pick and what to do." Colette chuckled and gently readjusted Shan's collar so that it was symmetrical on both sides. Why? She had no idea. "And hey, maybe 'every so often' should be 'more often' then."

A commotion was stirring from back in the great hall. Colette looked over towards the wardrobe workers and kindly asked them to take the items Shan had taken off and to add them with the rest of his stuff.

"Come on, I think polite society is calling for us to come back." She joked and held her arm out so that he could hook his arm with hers. "Come along now, m'lord Pavond. The lower classes wishes to beholdest thou and thy pretty form."

God, she died inside. The girl erupted into a laughing fit that lasted for a moment.

"Oh man, promise me, if I ever start talking like some royal bag - you put me down, okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom