Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction An Evening at the Golden Orchid - Galactic Alliance

Horace von Cholmondeley II

H
"I like the cut of your jib. Fight's just getting started and those bucketheads are asking for the ol' one two. I bet you felled a man or two in your time, eh?"

"I knocked their bloody heads off their shoulders! Put 'em up on spikes outside me castle. Sometimes I impaled them while they were still alive, then had a table and chairs brought out so I could eat dinner while I watched 'em die." Horace laughed heartily, his cheeks rosy with drink. "Those were the days!"

"E-excuse me? What gives you the right to speak to me in such a way?"

Horace turned to face the sharp-eared goddess in question, his expression contorted in drunken confusion. "What, can't a man appreciate beauty when he sees it?" he asked. "Isn't it an inalienable right, especially here in the land of freedom and plenty?" He belched. "If you want me to insult you instead, I can do that too. Your jugs are nothing to write home about."

Marshal Inspector / Reserve Ranger
zHjJcFU.png

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

For his part, Kol had been enjoying an informal conversation at a formal function. He wasn't particularly adept at having any other kind, and was glad that someone had seen fit to exchange a few words with him in a place like this.

But that was all ruined by this-

Kol squinted, though he was not trying to see better. He was peering into the depths of his own recollections.

That man had been in the holo news lately, he was sure of it.

Given the surroundings, probably in the context of being a bigshot of some description.

Kol was used to taking a jibe or three, but Anodyne took offense at the remark and he couldn't really blame her. She'd gotten the vulgar end of that stick.

"E-excuse me? What gives you the right to speak to me in such a way?"

That's when it hit him. This guy was a King. Horace von Cholmondeley the elder. He'd been in the news because of that business on Ukatis. Rough stuff.

"What, can't a man appreciate beauty when he sees it," the King asked, "Isn't it an inalienable right, especially here in the land of freedom and plenty?" He belched. "If you want me to insult you instead, I can do that too. Your jugs are nothing to write home about."

"Well," Kol spoke up, "they're nothing compared to yours, that's for sure. I don't think I've seen curves like yours outside of a Hutt's palace, your Highness."

Then he set about making introductions between two people he'd only just met.

"Anodyne, this is King Horse. King Horse, this is Anodyne."

He added an aside to Annie, though quite loud enough to be overheard, "King Horse is a big man on Ukatis.

Well... I guess he's a big man anywhere, really."

Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori
Horace von Cholmondeley Sr.
Vincent Coyle Vincent Coyle

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was the reality of their situation. Kahlil just chuckled as he caught Valery's expression and resisted the urge to ruffle her hair and tease her further on it. Their children would certainly be taller than her, and possibly even taller than him. His growth had been ruined by the use of the Dark as a boy. "If you'd like to enjoy a dance, it's best we stay away from the Senators. I've no desire to try and play politician with the more obviously corrupt ones."

An exhausted sounding sigh escaped him as he caught sight of the very blatant sexism no less. Poor Ukatis.

"We can meet people elsewhere, Vera. There's no one here I'd want to talk to in this setting." Much like his father Aris had little desire to mix it up with anyone here. For different reasons, at least. There was always going to be an ulterior motive. Money to be raised for the war was the core of it, and neither him nor the people he'd end up talking to would be true to how they normally were.

That's what these events meant after all.

"Snacks might be good, though. Something that won't make a mess of my book anyway."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open

<Don't you dare,> Valery's look for help turned into a slight grin. She knew he wanted to ruffle her hair, and usually that wouldn't have been a big deal to her, but she didn't want to feel small. And...she had spent a lot of time to make her hair look amazing for tonight. Her bangs and ponytail were curled a little, and the volume was just right.

If he messed it up, she'd threaten him with couch time again.

"But let's dance and just talk, then." Valery looked at him with pleading eyes. She wanted to just enjoy the moment with her husband, and not have someone ruin the moment or make him feel on edge. So, before that could happen, she took his hand and pulled him along to the dancefloor. A slower song was playing, so she stepped closer and brought her hands up to his shoulders while she swayed her body to the music, "It's almost Life Day time again. I'd like to celebrate at home with the kids, but we should do something together again too. Maybe on Eshan again, or just... somewhere special, together."

Vera watched her parents walk off to the dancefloor and shuddered, "Eugh, don't want to see them dancing." She looked at Aris instead and shot him quite a grin of mischief. "You're not getting your book back," she told him while she tucked it against her side underneath her arm.

"Let's get snacks, and maybe...we can pull a little prank on the rich people here?" She looked at Horace von Cholmondeley Sr. and Kol Ambo Kol Ambo first, but there were plenty of targets. "Mom and Dad are too busy with each other to notice, and these people here deserve it!"

Last edited:
Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Wait, did he not actually want to dance? Colette gave the boy a curious glance as he stopped in front of the doors in apprehension. She didn't really take him for someone who hesitated a lot over these things, but maybe that was just some part of him that Colette hadn't really come to know yet.

As Shan complimented her dress she couldn't help but smile. She wouldn't every in her life admit to blushing, but her cheeks certainly burned a little brighter for a moment or two before she gave him a gentle, teasing push for being such a stupidhead. What a stupidhead thing to say, he was being so stupid.

God, so stupid.

"You rock those robes because that's who you are, not this… Really bland outfit." Colette smiled, it wasn't meant as an insult. "You are more than black and white, you're green and red, blue and yellow. Your clothes should say more about you than…" Her eyes began to wander for a moment and she led Shan over towards a railing overlooking one of the bigger rooms. "One of those guys. They are all in the exact same suit you have, except made by someone else."

She stared out across the gathering of people to see if she could find anyone that caught her eye.

"Okay, for real, tell me what you think about…" She muttered and pointed at someone "Let's say… That loser." Oh. Oh no. They knew that guy. "Oops. That's Makko, errr…"

"Okay, that guy?" She said and pointed (and not very subtly so) in the direction of an older man sitting by himself in one of the corners. "What does his clothes say about him?"

"Not his sour mood, his clothes."

Anodyne scoffed audibly. This man was utterly vulgar in every sense of the term. How he of all people made it here tonight had her baffled. Were all Alliance events this obnoxious? It almost made her miss the stiff, subdued galas of her homeworld. The ambassador raised a hand protectively over her chest, "As it is a right of mine to not be subjected to a presence as vile as yours!"

The man she was talking to previously had stepped in now. Anodyne was ambivalent; She hated feeling coddled, and this man rushing to her defense had her dealing with that all over again. At the same time, she was relieved to see that somebody could acknowledge this behavior as absurd. What really surprised her was the revelation that this pig was none other than the King of Ukatis. That was one of the worlds that had been struck by the Mandalorians. Part of the reason they were having this drive now. Anodyne blinked, "You-?" Another scoff, "I'll have you know my father is a very important member of the nobility on a sovereign world!" There it was. She almost recoiled as she said it. Still coddled even by herself. Still relying on a family name that treated her as second class. It made it all the more degrading, "I-if he heard about this, you'd…" Anodyne was at a loss for words. She could only finish with a defiant, exasperated noise.

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

Attire: X
Tag: Saria Rae Saria Rae

Z9U36lL.png
Did Ko regret asking Saria to share her thoughts? No. He tried his best to listen to the young woman’s words and follow along with what she was saying. Like himself, she seemed rather critical of the event, although for somewhat different reasons.

But it eventually got a bit difficult for him to keep track of following one word to another. While she did he would idly spit on his mug of tea. Slotting his bendy straw into the antiox mask. Giving Saria the occasional nod since he wasn’t sure how else he could non verbally communicate that he was still present. It wasn’t like he could emote via facial expressions. Even without his mask it wasn’t like Kel Dor had very ‘readable’ faces for most other species.

It didn’t help that his attention was also drawn to the moment being shared by two of his other fellow padawans. Shan and Collette. Although he couldn’t really see them, their mingling felt a bit like a light show of heightened emotions and nerves. It was kinda cute.

He brought his attention to Saria as she concluded getting all her thoughts out. “You seem like you have a lot on your mind Miss Rae. To be honest your perspective is a bit refreshing.” Even if some of her wording was lost on him now. “You’ve attended events like this before?” Ko wasn’t entirely sure why he was asking that, he’s been to his fair share of “high-society” gatherings. “To be honest I feel like I could do without attending these for a while. I know it’s important to try and set a good image for the youngest generation of Jedi, but… I don’t know.” Maybe his visit to Hapes was just a serious let down for this kind of stuff.

"Perhaps you are not wrong in that sentiment," Saria shrugged. "I've attended a few events like these, but they've always been more... discussion oriented, but similar regardless."

The young Mirialan frowned as a sickly King Horace von Cholmondeley Sr. called out in a very unflattering manner to woo another representative. Saria cringed a little as she turned away and recomposed herself. How unbefitting of a king, she couldn't help but think. Surely such behavior had to be disasterous for the people of Ukatis. They were already battered by the recent invasion of their homeland. This must be the nail in their coffin.

"
Typically they aren't openly reprobate," she couldn't help but note in a lower tone. "Regardless, I understand. Image of our generation or not, there is certainly an aspect of these sorts of gatherings that drain the soul. But we are present now. Perhaps it is in our best interest to preserve our sanity and... ignore the drabble of high society."

Was she really suggesting that? It seemed so outlandish, and yet with how the event had been unfolding so far it seemed the only logical step. Gambling, drunkard nobles, cat calling kings. They had more than held up the good image of their generation. So...

"I elect that we have fun instead," the padawan remarked. "We certainly can't be worse than anyone else in attendance."

That would be a hard bar to pass.

To Makko's commentary regarding the elder Horace, Cora murmured in agreement. The bawdy King was not helping Ukatis' unfortunate, and at times deserved reputation as a backwards world.

"Thank you."
She smoothed down the silky fabric of her dress, flushing briefly at the welcome compliment. "You chose your outfit well for this event." Absently, she reached to straighten his lapel with her free hand, pulling away shortly after realizing how familiar the gesture felt. "Very handsome."

They weren't together anymore, but they weren't exactly apart, either. There was a lot of trauma in that grey area, but Makko directed her attention elsewhere before she could think too deeply on that.

"Stubborn, yet so charmingly herself. I'm glad that you two have been getting along, but I do hope that your advice has been appropriate."

Cora arched a brow, lips quirking just enough for her comment to come off as teasing.

"It's good to see them e-"

"Your jugs are nothing to write home about."

Her hand tightened against Makko's own, a deep grimace etched into the lines of her face. Horace was supposed to represent the best of Ukatis, but he could not even pretend to act in a dignified manner for one night.

"I want to go over there. Should I go over there?" She murmured to him, feeling the urge to intercept but worried about the potential fallout from the very big trump card King Horace had against her. "That poor woman, to have something so vile said about you in such a public place."

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

Horace von Cholmondeley II

H
"Well," Kol spoke up, "they're nothing compared to yours, that's for sure. I don't think I've seen curves like yours outside of a Hutt's palace, your Highness."

For a moment, Horace was silent. Then he burst into jolly guffawing. “Ahahaha, good one!

"Anodyne, this is King Horse. King Horse, this is Anodyne. King Horse is a big man on Ukatis. Well... I guess he's a big man anywhere, really."

Horace roared with laughter. “You’re funnier than my court jester! Say, if you're ever in need of a job, the position's open.

The hot elf was struggling to speak, sputtering and making wordless noises. Horace just watched her squirm, the smirk dropping from his face as he sobered. He knew her type well. She was insecure in her superiority, probably a bastard. Horace was one himself, both literally and figuratively. At least she still had enough dignity to fight back.

"I'll have you know my father is a very important member of the nobility on a sovereign world! I-if he heard about this, you'd…"

Congratulate him for having produced such a beautiful daughter,” he finished for her. Grabbing a glass from the bar, he held it aloft in his fat-fingered hand. “A toast, from one sovereign world to another.

Last edited by a moderator:

As the evening at the Golden Orchard event unfolded, Tirin Raene's keen eyes scanned the crowd, moving past the swirl of colors and the hum of conversation. His gaze settled on a Keldor and a Mirialan, standing together amidst the throng of guests. A flicker of recognition crossed his face; he had seen these two figures before, not in person, but in a vision that had come to him during a moment of deep meditation.

With a composed stride, Tirin approached them, his elegant violet robes flowing gracefully. As he neared, he offered a cordial smile, one that held the warmth of genuine interest yet the reserve of a man accustomed to the weight of significant matters.

"Excuse me," Tirin began, his voice calm and measured. "I hope I am not intruding, but I believe we have something important to discuss. My name is Tirin Raene. Might you be Ko and Saria?"

"The seeds?" Renata echoed. She had quite forgotten what the Senators' mission had been that fateful day. "No, Senator, I'm not concerned about the seeds, though I appreciate the gesture. The Senator -- " She hesitated, then cleared her throat. "Well, nevermind that now." The Prime Minister frowned thoughtfully and drained her glass in one fell swoop in a replication of the Senator's gesture.

"As a matter of fact, I would," she said darkly as she followed him toward the bar. "Vodka, rocks," she told the bartender, turning her eyes back to the Senator once the barkeep started his work. "Wherever? That's it? Wherever? For onetime allies of this great and glorious Galactic Alliance, the details on the ground about them is thin. Like where they might take a prisoner, for instance. Now, if you'll pardon the intensity and the fact that it's highly inappropriate to this beautiful venue, perhaps you could tell me a little more."

Her fingers drummed the bar. "Can you identify the person who took the Senator? And did they know who they were getting -- Alliance Senators, I mean? If they know we might be able to narrow down where they'd take a prisoner who is, for lack of a better word, VIP. She'd hate being referred to that way. Sounds like a gigolo at a Nar Shaddaa nightclub, she would say, or something equally absurd." Renata took her drink from the bartender with a curt nod of thanks.

"Yes, we know who you are," Renata said, and she extended her hand for a surprisingly firm handshake. "Renata Westaway, Prime Minister."

"I wouldn't want to leave it up to them, either," Renata confessed darkly as they turned away from the bar. "Messervy is the one who dragged Senator Fortan in for hours after the Rausgeber affair. He has no love for Natasi Fortan and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he wouldn't be bothered if she never came back." She frowned gravely, shaking her head.

"Who else knows? Does anyone in the Senate know? Or the Jedi Order? Would they care?"

Marshal Inspector / Reserve Ranger
Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

"Given my arrest record lately," Kol responded to the offer from the King, "I might have to take you up on that before long."

But the Ukatis King's demeanor sobered somewhat. Perhaps he realized that he'd overstepped the mark with someone who didn't enjoy that sort of game.

It was the way with politics, Kol figured. If you didn't toast with people who rubbed you the wrong way, you'd never toast. Police work could be like that, too. If you fumed red-hot at every criminal, your whole life would be spent in a constant state of irritation.

He grabbed a fresh glass of something sparkling and held it up, just in case Annie wanted to smooth the scene.

If she wanted to come back swinging instead... well, he supposed that was her prerogative, too.

The one thing he hoped she wouldn't do is leave.

The King was right about one thing: She was a beautiful woman.

Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori
Horace von Cholmondeley Sr.
Vincent Coyle Vincent Coyle
Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Jace colis

J

i4xNFo5.png

image0.png

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa @open
Wearing: suit
image0.png

Senator colis was being social as he talked to a group of nobles he found these rather boring events. But he came none the less to show support and maybe Garner a favor or two but he'd never say it he was here to support the war. Officially and unofficially as he took a glass of wine and sipped it I will take my leave for right now he stated as he walked away he and everyone else had heard Horace von Cholmondeley Sr. catcall of Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori Horace had disgusted him to a degree. And definitely didn't help the reputation of his planet at all or the cause of this event Jace wanted to step in but after lohopa 11 he didn't want another diplomatic incident to develop that he would need to help clean up.

or ATLeast less of a mess to clean up politicaly anyway as he walked out to a balcony where he saw Alicio senator organa I am sorry for my inputtance in the beginning of the lohopa II senate hearing it was unbecoming of me and unhelpful. He stated standing there with his glass of wine as he looked into the hall he understood if Alicio wanted to be alone.
image0.png

wb1.png

TAGS:
@ open
alexboarder.png

Braze, dressed in an elegant attire of blue, white, and silver, joins the event at The Golden Orchid. He moves through the crowd with a polite and observant demeanor, his eyes occasionally resting on the various attendees and their interactions.

Braze's attention is drawn to the silent auction, a part of the evening's activities aimed at raising funds for the war effort. Intrigued, he signs up, his curiosity piqued by the cause they support.

As he stands on the balcony of the second floor overlooking the main area below he sips apple juice, Braze observes Horace, noting the irony in the fact that someone as well-off as he might have been able to afford better manners.

Braze spotted Shan talking to some girl he had seen at Shan's birthday, and then his attention shifted to Ko next seeing him talking to another girl. He Saw Makko speaking to Cora and he noticed Valery and Kahlil were paired up and their spawn were present as well.

Everyone had cute little pairs they were in or so it seemed. This observation led him down a path of introspection about the nature of relationships and life. The ease of their interaction sparked a thought in Braze about the simplicity and complexity of human connections. How effortlessly some bonds seemed to form, while others remained elusive. He pondered the ease with which some people navigated social waters, wondering about the stories and experiences that shaped their interactions.

Finally, his gaze settled on Valery and Kahlil, together with their children. The family scene evoked thoughts about the different stages of life and relationships. The joys, challenges, and growth that come with family life made him reflect on the diverse paths life could take.

Damian Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Outfit

JiGZUcY.png

Damian eyed his hands carefully, their dryness concerned him as gloves were quickly worn and he hid his arms within his sleeves. Perhaps if he remained on his ship there were other possible considerations that would have been available to him, but presently here within this Club there weren’t many options. Much like this war, pushing people into difficult places and no manner of curses or complaints could change our circumstances. But it wasn’t all doom and gloom, Damian had after all seen true terror and devastation, his own father had faced worse from the Maw. The worst he suffered so far during this particular chapter of the Alliance has been countless of sleepless nights, being hounded by data-slate work.

Whatever this Mandalorian threat does amount to, it will never compare to the deep scars left by the Maw. The Alliance has weathered far worse and Damian predicated a long battle with even longer reconstruction, but an Alliance victorious once again. Then we’ll return back to what we do best, governance and backroom dealing. From a smoke filled battlefield to a smoke filled backroom. Damian maneuvered himself through the crowd, making his way around the club to catch glimpses of other Senators, diplomats and leaders of varying industries. Quite a bit of Jedi prowling around strangely enough. As he continued to look around, attempting to place names of what he assumed were familiar faces, he paused a moment to consider the time.

Much like refugees and military personnel, trade, commerce and markets shift during war. Damian knew whenever one trade lane closes, another is made open to accept new orders and routes. Time moved forward in this galaxy, and not even as great as the Alliance was, they couldn't stop or even slow down a ticking clock. Though this club was proof that even that impossibility would always be challenged, alcohol and other substances, even the enjoyment of other's presence they all attempted to hold onto each moment tightly. Attempting to stretch each second longer and longer. Damian kept his head forward and his lips remained frozen into a line, but his eyes continued to inspect the people enjoying themselves. A tinge of envy dared to emerge from within, even though laced with seemingly aloofness and boredom, Damian surprised himself with that strange sensation.

Vy2NTqS.png

"...Last time I checked, I was just green." Shan gave a small chuckle at that, shaking his head over towards Colette. "Sorry...Bad joke." He did nudge Colette ever so slightly however when she pushed him. "What's that for?" Maybe he was being stupid. That made sense for why he got pushed...but he didn't think he was being stupid. He was just saying what was on his mind.

The Mirialan looked out over towards the crowd of different people, all mulling about in suits, dresses and more. Honestly, he wasn't a big fan of any of this formal stuff. Maybe Cora would like it but Shan much preferred casual wear. He'd pick working with sick and diseased people over rubbing shoulders with the rich and noble any day. Not the Nobles. They were alright. More nobles, lower case.

"Oh. Him? Eh. I think he seems a bit lonely. Is trying to make up for his lack of self confidence by dressing up nicely. And, oh he's a loser as well." Shan smirked, joking about Makko Vyres Makko Vyres . It was obviously a joke, since Shan appreciated Makko. Plus Shan would never call someone a joke in his life. Except for myself him but that wasn't important right now.

As soon as he noticed Colette pointing out to someone, quite clear as day, the Mirialan's hand snatched out to grab Colette's, to try and make it seem more...casual. He didn't exactly want to be annoying random people out of nowhere. "His...clothes say that he wants to be seen. He wants to be respected. Thinks that his money can buy him people's approval. But it can't. Only your actions can earn someone else's approval. Which is why...erh..."

How was he going to say this? It was more awkward than he thought as Shan sighed to himself. "You've...earned a lot of my approval. Yeah. No matter how you look, I'll like it. I'll like you. You're the best...friend I could ask for." Yes. Friends. That's what Colette said earlier. That she treasured him as a friend. "And...I treasure you. As a friend, as well. You never fail to make me smile. Which is something I've needed for a while. So thank you."

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Even a bad joke was enough to get a good laugh out of Colette. Was it funny? No. Was it because it made Shan look like a massive dork? Yes. As he asked why he was being shoved she merely challenged him to respond with the raise of her brows as they went, but it would seem Shan failed to pick up on it.

And oh boy, had she merely laughed a little at a stupid joke, she laughed a lot at Makko being called a loser. It was okay, because Makko was their boy. Which to clarify meant friend. Makko was older than both Colette and Shan, so he literally could not have been their child.

She then listened to Shan's take on the man in the corner. They had the same take. His clothes made him look vapid, vain, and shallow. They said nothing about that made Colette want to speak to him. Just another cog in the machine, a mindless drone conforming to standards he should be enticed to destroy.

That was why Saria's presence was such a nice change of pace. She carried herself quite literally on her sleeves. She wasn't afraid of being herself in a sea of idiots, and she was all the more interesting for it. She told a story about herself by wearing her outfit that begged everyone around her to please ask her for more details. It was… Well, awe-inspiring really.

Shan gently pulled Colette's attention back towards him again and she would just as gently oblige.

"Shan, I…" She began and chuckled at herself. She was about to be stupid again. "I kissed you on your birthday because you're…"

"You're the first person that I've really come to respect and appreciate since I came to the Order." Well, outside of Valery, but she was like twice her age and Colette had no desire to kiss her Master-slash-Adoptive Mother. That was just… So incredibly disgusting and just plain wrong. "I love your attitude and open mind. And you've always made me feel welcome when you're around."

"And, uh… If you're uncomfortable in that suit I think I know a way to make it a little easier for you." She said with a grin and extended her hand for him to grab so that she could lead him away. "The closet's nearby…"

The duo set off. Colette wore her most mischievous smile on the way. She had something very specific in mind for this. A good way to break out of the good natured spirit of this conformist event, and it involved nothing less than Shan and the clothes he was currently wearing.

They stepped up to the closet and Colette snapped her fingers at Shan.

"Jacket. Off. Now." She said and beckoned him to just hand it over already. "We're going to fix this whole thing."

She put the jacket on a counter where two very confused wardrobe workers were staring at each other, unsure what was even going on but they let Colette do her thing for now. Seeing the green boy be bossed around like this was most likely about to be the highlight of their entire shift.

The nomad girl practically pushed Shan in front of a mirror.

"Now, how do you want to fix this?" She asked and looked at Shan. "What would make this outfit look more like something that YOU want to wear? We're getting rid of the stuffiness, and we're applying the Shan-iness."

"You have a great laugh. Y'know that?" Shan had heard a siren before. Ironically, when he heard them for the first time, his thoughts had instantly went to Colette. He wouldn't exactly say that Colette sounded like one, but it was always nice to listen to Colette talk as he leaned against the railing, staring out amongst all of the other people mulling around. Just stealing a few glances over towards Colette every so often before looking back at the others.

Saria's outfit had seemed strange as soon as Shan had saw it, but that was never his first thought when he saw his fellow Mirialan. There was always just something so familiar about her. At the back of his mind, trying to force its way into an actual thought but he just couldn't put his finger on why Saria had always felt so familiar.

He then listened to Colette explain why she had kissed him on his birthday. A growing blush spreading across his face. Whilst Colette would never admit to blushing, Shan had no reservation like that. "I...I'm grateful for the kiss. I was really confused in the moment, but the more I think about it...well..." Shan sighed, trying to figure out the words to what he actually wanted to say to her. "I love the way you are. You're confidence. You're strength. I look up to it. and I look up to you. When I'm with you...I can just talk about my issues. Easily. But I don't need to, because you help me forget about them...and well...thank you." With that, the Padawan leaned forward and gave Colette a soft kiss on the cheek in the same way as she had done. And as much as his mind was screaming at him to run away, Shan stood firm.

At least that was until Colette lead him off towards the closet, to deal with his outfit. He gave a small sheepish smile in the direction of the wardrobe workers, apologising for just jumping in like this. It was a relief to get the jacket off though, as he just tugged at his collar for a moment, letting out a nice sigh of relief at that. It was nice to be able to properly breathe, but now they needed to make the outfit more..."Shan-like"

"Well...I'm not sure. Most of what makes me, me is utility. Belts, jackets, places to store stuff." He patted down at his trousers for a moment, checking the pockets. They weren't the biggest, so he had left all of his medical supplies back at the temple and without them, Shan didn't feel like himself. "What do you think would suit me? I've never been big on fashion, and I know you haven't either so...it's better to ask you, than to ask someone like Master Valery or Cora."

Colette Colette

M A K K O

Makko smiled a small, abashed kind of smile as she adjusted his lapels and favoured him with a compliment. It was the kind of gesture he usually would have soaked up easily, but today it felt like it meant a little more to him.

It was a different kind of awkwardness between them. It didn't feel difficult any more. Slightly nervous, slightly warm. Makko found that he didn't mind it.

I do hope that your advice has been appropriate."

"Oh she is not ready for my kind of inappropriate advice," Makko laughed. He was known for being quite open. He had always wanted to be, but the atmosphere within Fractal State had required secrets and power games. Whilst he had always been open about physical intimacy, it had taken the safety of the Jedi Order and it's kind members to let him become honest with his feelings and himself. In his opinion Colette and Shan would be just fine if they took the time to talk it out.

"I want to go over there. Should I go over there?"

Makko grimaced. A flash of anger in his eyes. He remembered watching, through teary eyes, as the King of Ukatis had been shown on the screen at his son's wedding.

"I don't know if it's a good idea," Makko said. He didn't know whether she could improve the situation or if deflecting from the poor girl would only cause an escalation. Valery would have said not to, but Makko was Starlin's student.

"But I've got your back if you do," he said firmly. Makko had a habit of following his gut and saying what he felt.

A toast, from one sovereign world to another.

"Alright," he hissed softly. The storm had blown itself out. He kept her hand sandwiched between his own. It wasn't fair, that she had to be in the presence of those who had taken away such a chunk of her life and left her with scars. Those that could be seen and those that could not. She was strong though, stronger than people knew.

"We could dance?" he offered, a glance towards Colette and Shan and he caught one their way in return. He briefly caught sight of them moving further away a few seconds later.

There was a jizz waltz playing and people were dancing a particular way. Makko looked a little uncomfortable. He wanted to take her mine off Horace senior for a little divergence.

"Then again, is this was more like Uptown Manor when everyone is supposed to know the steps?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom