Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction An Evening at the Golden Orchid - Galactic Alliance

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Emotions freaking sucked. Colette was scared because she thought she had turned Shan away, Shan was afraid for the same reason but towards her. As the boy began to explain himself and talk about how he liked her more than the others she swore it was like he was catching on to what she had tried to say before but once more he came up just short of it.

As they separated, Colette let her hands remain on Shan's shoulders with a gentle squeeze.

"I really like you too." She explained. "More than the others."

"I have been trying to make you see that but you're just…" She chuckled. "You're so fu-" The rest of the word jumbled up as she sniffled. "-stupid sometimes."

"And I don't know if it means anything, or leads somewhere, but can we please try again but for real? There are so many firsts, and this is a first I really want to have with you."
"Then we can go and see how this stupid instrument works somewhere quiet."

There was also a slight, somewhat dark spot on Shan's shoulder too from where Colette had cried into it. Cora would most likely murder the both of them over the hours Colette had just wasted on something so stupid as crying on a close friend's shoulder.

"Wait. you've been trying to....Oh! Ohhhh. That makes...so much more sense." Shan's eyes went wide as he came to the realisation as to what Colette had been trying to tell him. And as much as he liked to value himself on being smart, that was a pretty dumb thing for him to have not realised about. He just slapped himself in the face at that, running his hand down it before looking back at Colette, giving her a nervous smile.

"I guess I can be pretty stupid sometimes...but yeah. We can try again. For real. And it doesn't have to mean anything. That just...puts a lot more pressure on it I think." Shan just took in a deep breath, trying to brush up the courage to actually go ahead with it, before Shan leaned forward on his tiptoes to give Colette a soft kiss. He was nervous about it, clearly. It wasn't just like giving a quick peck to the cheek or something. There was a big part of him that was worried about messing up...but there was a bigger part of him that was just happy to be there with Colette.

"We...We should...go see how that instrument works now. Force knows that everyone is going to have questions for us...and I don't think I want to answer them right now. Just want to spend time with you."

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

There was no way in hell this wouldn't be awkward. The two of them had approached this for hours now without ever reaching the end. It took the genuine belief that one of them would murder the other for them to be able to put it in plaintext for one another. There was a lesson to find in that , of course, and perhaps in some sense even Colette could see that much.

She held her breath for a moment as Shan's lips touched hers. This was it, this was the moment she had thought about every now and again for the last few weeks and now that it had both come and passed it was like the world… Just kept on spinning, really. It was nice, but… Wow, was that it? She exhaled an awkward chuckle as the two separated before she eventually let out a happy little laugh.

"I liked that." She admitted and shook her head with a gleeful little grin as she picked up her instrument again. "But, it's almost kinda funny how… Easy it was, right? Like, I thought something big would happen. Like some sort of revelation or..."

The kid laughed again and shook her head. Yeahhhh… It would seem most of it was just nerves and the idea of expectations. Now that however was a lesson Colette would learn a lot later once she had been able to process. For now, she was content to just sort of let Shan hook his arm in hers as they walked down the corridors and found themselves a peaceful little room to make some of the most unpleasant string noises to come out of an instrument since a toddler decided to mash its hand against the ivory of an untuned piano.

Yeah, no, Colette getting this axe-looking-instrument-thing made no sense at all but now that she had it she kind of figured Yeah, why not pick up an instrument? The two of them took their turns at trying to make a go at playing a melody until eventually someone came to get them when it was time to leave.

It was a really weird time to be alive right now, but oh boy was she glad for it.

She could only hope that Shan would see it the same way.

-
Tags: Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori

-

IKp0DSp.jpg

"Well, for one, it's a principle thing at this point. He should be the one leaving, no?" A thumb jerked back in the direction they had come from. "But that's not how the world works," he shrugged. Casually, Vincent tucked the flask back inside his jacket pocket, giving it a small pat before buttoning back up his coat. "I don't think I'm quite the artistic soul you might take me for," the woman said. "No assumptions," he smiled. "This," he motioned towards his getup. "Isn't really my usual haunt either. Something about the stiff collars and pretention is a little bit too..." he searched for the right word. "Fake?"

Reaching up to his collar, Agent Coyle loosened the knot nestled at his throat, tugging gently. It released its grip slightly. "There, that's a little better." The man nodded as she introduced herself. "Ah, Ambassador. Well, it's nice to meet you."

"So if you weren't fulfilling an obligation to be here, what might you be doing instead? Honestly, if it were me, there's a little hole in the wall billiards down the road from here. Not exactly as ritzy as all this but the bartender does wonders with that mixer of his." Coyle grinned, relaxing his posture a bit. He was a man of the mud, a gumshoe with a mask - except his mask was of flesh and bone. A social chameleon. It made him a drifter, a bit of a loner at times, but even with some polish his edges still had some rough to them.

"Can't say I've ever been to Jelucan. What are the highlights?"

"I've trained myself to make sure that I don't punch through someone's chest."

"Oh, that's…good. Restraint is important.”

Cora smiled thinly, trying to look attentive as she battled back laughter. For as long as she'd known him, Aris had always been quite a serious child. His plain honesty was endearing.

"True, but I can't reach things on the top shelf easily!"

She chuckled then, in a way that was good-natured. "I can't say that I've ever hit my head on a door fra-"

Oh wait, she had. That one time with Valery and the dress and…well, she couldn't very well tell Aris that! Cheeks flushed, Cora cleared her throat softly and was thankful for the change in topic.

"A battle master, like your mo-"

Goddamnit.

"A fine position to aspire to. How good do you think you are with a lightsaber right now?"

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

Attire: X
Tag: Saria Rae Saria Rae | Tirin Raene Tirin Raene

Z9U36lL.png
Ko found Saria’s response to be rather appropriate. It was particularly sudden of this person to approach the pair of padawans with words of some dire circumstances. “Well it was a pleasure to meet you Mr Tirin. I’m sure we’ll meet again.” Ko replied before, partly concerned now of wherever this vague doomsday was that they spoke of. The Kel Dor wondered if perhaps doomsdays happened every day across the galaxy, both in known and unknown space. Perhaps this was threat on a more local scale that the two padawans might be well suited to handle. Ko had a hard time imagining being some sort of galactic savior.

He turned his attention back over to Saria, wondering how she might be feeling about the man’s odd revelation. “Not really how I saw my evening here going.” Ko said to the young woman, his tone expressing that he himself was a bit perplexed by Tirin’s sudden approach and words. It was a bit hard to tell if this was something that warranted major concern or not given the man’s tone and attitude. “How are you feeling? If I may ask.” Part of him imagined those might have killed the interest she had earlier for fun. As he waited for a response he sipped on the straw he had in his cup of tea.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh, no. I didn't mean we should go talk to them now."

Kahlil returned a rather playful smirk as he pulled Valery across the dancefloor this time. A more upbeat song had started to play, so he didn't hesitate to take over completely. Spins, dips, it didn't matter entirely what he was doing as he let his age old lessons keep him moving to the beat.

"We're still dancing after all!"

Aris stared at Cora with a raised brow and utter confusion as to why she was stumbling over herself. There clearly was something there, but as for what exactly, he didn't know. And part of him didn't want to know. He brushed off any inquiry his mind wanted to ask and instead focused on her own question. "The top of my class. It helps that mom has trained me as much as she had, but I don't plan to become complacent because of it."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

HTX2FHs.jpg

eD9CtPQ.png

TAGS: Renata Westaway Renata Westaway | @Open

div-goldiguess.png

"Yeah, that's kind of the feeling I got too. This entire Ryloth business has revealed some things about the agency and power of the Senate." Raphael rolled his eyes. A wry grin tugged at the corner of his lips as Renata spoke on the tenacity of their shared colleague. He knew all too well the carefully structured wit of the woman could cut like a knife, he'd seen it firsthand.

"Since the day I was born, of course I've traveled a lot I suppose. Anaxes will always be home though." He nodded, casually requesting another drink as he continued. "It's something all right. Pols Anaxes is probably the gem as far as cities go. Extremely limited speeder travel in the center, it keeps it unique in that way, unlike Coruscant. We have real landscape out here too. I suppose you could say it's a hybrid of asceticism and functionality, we do have a reputation to uphold."

Retrieving the offered glass, he sipped this time.

"Well, the first shots of this war have been fired. I only hope us capable of weathering what may come. There seem to be conflicting sentiments among my peers, as to the depth and length of their commitment to the war itself. The Jedi seem unlike to want their pound of flesh but the Mandalorians, it'll be us who pays their toll in blood and tears if this goes sideways. Well, any more than it already has. Personally, I can't advocate for appeasement either." He paused, another sip of the amber liquid passing his lips. "You don't strike me as a woman who doesn't believe in consequences."

div-goldiguess.png

LF4kuYR.jpg

Renata regarded the man curiously, her eyes narrowing a little at his description. "No, I'm not," she answered after a moment, then took a sip. "And I've got to wonder just what the hell kind of government would pick a fight with the Enclave -- it was a kerfuffle, to be sure, but it's not clear the extent to which a diplomatic effort was mounted -- just to turn around and sue for peace. It would be a humiliation. And if the Jedi advocate for it, after it was one of their own that got us into the whole mess...?"

She allowed her voice to trail off, but it was clear that she would take a dim view of it. "I discussed the declaration with the Senator before the vote," Renata went on after a moment of companionable silence. "She had her misgivings and so did I. It is, perhaps, hypocritical to suggest a diplomatic measure when it was my instruction -- as Prime Minister -- that she vote in favor of the declaring war. But I heard the stories about the Mandalorians during Skor II. These may be a different branch of them, but they certainly don't seem to be a different breed. And what good would a diplomatic effort have been if they took the first opportunity to play fucking skeet shoot with you and Her Majesty? They're animals and they should be treated like animals until someone civilizes them."

Renata was characteristically blunt, but uncharacteristically prejudiced.

"Why do you say that, anyway?" The Prime Minister took another sip and turned her gaze back to Raphael. "You seem to imply that there is an appetite for appeasement -- or at any rate, peace -- don't make me laugh." A sardonic smirk, a huff through her nostrils, a subtle roll of her eyes. "Something being bandied about in the Senate? Our constitution is somewhat unclear as to my authority to appoint an interim Senator in Her Majesty's absence, but -- suffice it to say I'm slightly out of the loop where Senate gossip is concerned."

HTX2FHs.jpg

eD9CtPQ.png

TAGS: Renata Westaway Renata Westaway | @Open

div-goldiguess.png

Raphael shrugged. I mean, the gears of war turn slowly, so I can't say for certain. Plenty of turn out this evening but with Life Day around the bend, it's hard to say. No one likes to interrupt their holiday with talk of blood and death, least of all the Jedi I'm sure."

The Senator swirled the liquid in his cup, a slick oily sheen lingering on the inside of his glass. This really is the good stuff, it's got legs. He listened attentively, agreeing generally with what the woman was saying. It was unfortunate that there seemed to be so little effort on the diplomatic front, but perhaps that was merely a perception. There was much he was unaware of, and that kept him from being too terribly outspoken, though when it came time to a vote he had voted against pursuing war. Of course, that hadn't dimmed his nor his comrades commitment to doing everything they could as best as they could. Already the factories had begun the retooling, resource stockpiles opened towards the war effort. To see it stalled would certainly introduce an economic downfall at this point - and therein lay the trouble.

"There doesn't seem to be a direction specifically, at least as far as the Senate is concerned. The war itself is the domain of generals and admirals, and to an extent, the Jedi. Our work on the matter is complete," he shrugged again. "All that's left to do is prepare our people, and hope that the powers that be are competent in their shifting pieces on the board." He paused, listening to the music for a moment as he tried to identify the artist, it sounded familiar. He gave his head a shake then rose his glass in a mock toast. "And drink, I suppose."

div-goldiguess.png

LF4kuYR.jpg

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Makko Vyres Makko Vyres (gib post for Vera) | Open

"Oh, no. I didn't mean we should go talk to them now."

Valery blinked, but before her lips could part to speak, the music picked up and Kahlil took over. The man she had once known as reserved and careful with his display of public affection was no more — he showed off moves she had never seen before. Their dancing was always slow and romantic, like on their wedding or during other formal galas. This was much faster, and far more complex as well.

Spins, dips, and he practically threw her at some point as well. But in all of their fun, Valery soon realized something, and very quickly adjusted her dress while he pulled her close again. She leaned in while they moved, their bodies closer together, and spoke with a whisper into his ear, "Babe, careful with this dress..." she spun back while his arm extended again, and looked him in the eyes with quite the smirk.

Hopefully, he understood or the people around them would get a show she didn't want to give them.

"When did you learn all these moves, though?" She asked, and at this point, she was laughing with joy. "You're great at it!"

Anodyne nodded, allowing herself to relax just a little bit, "That's the word I'd use." Fake. It was posturing for more opportunities to make money and make connections that would make more money. That had its uses, but in her position back home, it often felt like running into a brick wall.

The agent began to unwind himself, "Doesn't sound too bad," She replied, "Honestly? Probably just drinking at home," A chuckle. Mention of Jelucan brought a more ambivalent expression to her face. "Few and far between," She replied dryly. "The parties are stuffier than this, and the rest of the planet is a whole lot drier. Literally or otherwise."

"Will you be teaching there, too?"

"Oh, I don't exactly teach," Makko laughed.

Had she not noticed the neck tattoos and general demeanour? Makko did not give the impression of a classroom teacher.

"I do get to take padawans on missions some time though."

The song was reaching its end. He offered his hand and gave Vera a little twirl.

Warmer.

He needed the support of the friends and relationships he had built here too. Perhaps warmer was right. To Makko, she felt less turbulent.

"I think warmer is a good word," he told Vera.

He offered his hand again and gave a little bow, flashing Vera a smile.

"Enjoy some more dancing, alright?" he told her.

-
Tags: Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori

-

IKp0DSp.jpg

"That's a shame," he said. "I always find those sorts of events, these sorts of events, a bit more tolerable with a little bit of the sauce. What's your poison? I tend to like a bit of brandy, myself." Vincent took a step off to the side, realizing that he'd been standing in the middle of a thoroughfare - at least - for the waiters and waitresses who seemed to pass by every few seconds. This lounge must have really been off to the side. Looking over at the door where they kept disappearing to he nodded. Kitchen. Yeah, that'd do it.

"Have you eaten?" he asked, rather off the cuff. "I bet we could sneak in there and nab a bite, if you're feeling..." he searched for a word. "Adventurous?" Vincent motioned subtly to the double doors leading to the kitchen, a mischievous grin spreading across his lips.

Quietly, his stomach grumbled. He hadn't realized how long it had been since he'd eaten, and the liquor was not too happy about it. Beyond those doors were numerous options, the hors d'oeuvres that had been circulating through the venue all evening but he wagered there was some actual food stored away. What he wouldn't do for a good steak right about now, or a burger, a greasy burger. Evidently, he was hungrier than he'd thought.

Cora smiled at Aris as if her earlier fumble hadn't happened. He was a good kid. Earnest, and a hard worker.

"That's good. I know that I don't need to give you the big sister speech about working hard, but make sure that you take time to relax, too."

As song came to an end, so did their perfectly synched steps.

"Rest is just as important as work. Speaking of, I think I need to take a break from dancing. Keep Vera out of trouble, okay?" She winked.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"A lot of people keep telling me that I need to rest. I am making sure I take the amount of rest needed so I do not negatively affect my training."

Aris let out a sigh. Many continued to try and emphasis that point on him, but he already was making sure he did. But once the song ended he nodded once. Bowed slightly as was proper before glancing towards where Vera was.

"No promises, but I will try."

"Too wild for your dress?"

Kahlil snickered, but he did also slow down the dance some so he wasn't just flinging her around for the dress to slip off. That was the last thing he was going to allow. Those were his, after all. "It's Epicanthix, you know. The dance is all about movement and the strength of your partner. If you weren't as strong as you are, you wouldn't be able to keep up." He grinned playfully, pulling her close for a moment before the song ended.

"So good job keeping up."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Wsz0wuB.png

eD9CtPQ.png

div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Open

"Can... I come on a mission with you?" Vera asked, and while this actually was meant seriously and innocently, it still didn't help the blush on her cheeks. She just wanted to learn from other Jedi, and she felt safe around people like Cora, Makko, Amani and even that gremlin Colette Colette . Throughout the next months, and the years beyond, she knew she'd be leaning on them a lot for help with her training.

But that was the exciting part, too!

After a little twirl, Vera let go off his hand and smiled awkwardly, though warmly, "Thank you, Makko. You have fun with Cora, and have a good night." She dipped her head a little, then turned and timidly walked off towards her brother. It seemed he had finished his dance with Cora too, and right now, his presence was very much welcomed.

"Did you have fun, Aris?" Vera asked, and finally, she offered him his book back.

"Just a little..." Valery said with a sheepish smile. "Almost gave these people a show." Which she knew he wouldn't want, so it only made sense that he slowed down. Kahlil then pulled her closer, and rather than tease her some more about her dress, he explained where his dancing skills came from, and offered her a compliment in the process.

Being seen as strong by him had always been important to her. She hated feeling weak.

"I'll always keep up with you~" She smirked, waggled her brows, and leaned in closer. As the music around them faded out, Valery's lips connected with his for one final kiss to close their dance.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That's a show only for one, love."

Kahlil snickered just a bit before leaning in to steal the kiss away himself, even if she hadn't. Once they separated though, it seemed the festivities were ending for the night. At least for the Nobles. He glanced towards where Vera and Aris were, smiling softly.

"I think it's time we head home, mm?"

"I did, yes. It was nice to dance. But I still want to study. You should too, you know. The exam is relatively soon." He gave Vera a brief smile before he accompanied her back to their parents. This was a good night, for certain.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

“How are you feeling? If I may ask.”

"That's a good question," Saria muttered.

She was struggling to comprehend what she had just heard, the cogs in her brain spinning overtime just to process it all. Doomsday? Like, a terrible event that threatened the galaxy? Needless to say it was not something that she could simply accept in her mind. No, this was something far more complex than the problems she was accustomed to analyzing.

"I think I'd like to forget about it for now," she decided with a weary smile. "What do people usually do at events like this?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom