Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Age of Iron (Siobhan)

"But mum...." She whined, wanting her own way more than anything else in that moment. Closing her eyes as Siobhan stroked at her cheek she let the first frustrated and frightened tears fall. Her mother wasn't budging, wasn't going to give in. And yes, in that moment Galina was angry, upset, frustrated and hurt. She let her mother hug her, but she didn't lift her arms to return the embrace. She was still nervously wringing her own hands.

A heavy sigh fell from her lips, and she only nodded when Siobhan mentioned the book. She wanted to be excited for it, after all she'd wanted it for sometime. Just in that moment, she couldn't be happy. "Okay," She muttered quietly, her eyes still on the floor.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Siobhan pulled back from the embrace, releasing her daughter. She felt a bit hurt about Galina not returning it, but did not let it show. Fact was, the former Sword of the Protectorate would not cave in. Her parenting instincts might be gentle and liberal by nature, but when needed she could put her foot down. And as it happened one of her feet was durasteel.

With a sigh she walked over to behind a couch and brought forth a gift-wrapped book. There was even a shiny ribbon on it! It was just a shame that Galina could not be happy for it. Siobhan understood how much the Force scared her daughter, but that was all the more reason for her to insist. Meanwhile a maid had cleared away the ice and glass shards, doing her best to be unobtrusive. "There you go. Try to take your mind off training and the Force. You may feel hurt and angry, perhaps hate me right now, but I would not insist on it I did not know it was for your own good," she gently patted her daughter on the shoulder, then she turned away. Perhaps Galina needed to be alone for the moment.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Kaida Taldir"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Tempest confirmed, and headed for her speeder. She had some ideas about how to work with Galina, but most of them involved getting her out into the wild again. She knew Galina could cope with that, but she didn’t want to traumatise her more than necessary. They’d start slow therefore.

She reached Kaida’s room and knocked on the door. She liked Kaida well enough; they were both pretty similar in their personalities and rebellious streaks. How would they work together to train someone though? That was a question she could not guess.

“Hi Kaida, it’s Tempest.”

[member="Tempest"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Tempest did not have to wait long before Kaida opened the door. "Hello, come in," she said simply, gesturing the Amazon to come inside her humble abode. Well, actually it was quite humble! Her apartment was more utilitarian than comfortable and sparsely furnished. A couch, a dining table with chairs, a few lamps and really that was about it, aside from a plush bed off in the other room and two book shelves, which were stacked with various volumes, some of a historical nature, others novels. There was also an area where you could work out and it seemed the implements there saw ample use.

As for her thoughts on Tempest, Kaida did like her well enough since despite being Kerrigan's apprentice the woman had a mind of her own and was good in a fight. Besides, she was cute. She gestured to the comfortable looking couch. "There's drinks if you want. So you want tips on training Kerrigan's kid? You're aware that I'm not the teacher type." Actually she was more like a drill sergeant, but then that made sense because she was a soldier. Angelii training might not totally be Training From Hell, but it was not nice either. You could not be a decent cryomancer if you could not free yourself from being encased in an ice block. "What's her story?"

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Kaida Taldir"]
“She’s adopted…naturally.” Tempest almost deserved a promotion so she could be Captain Obvious. Since neither Siobhan or Tegaea were budding or splitting like an amoeba it would have to be that way.

“She crashed on an island in the far north, lived there for eight years, surviving all on her own. Siobhan and I helped rescue her, brought her back to civilisation. She’s been adopted by them. They just found out today she could use the Force, she broke a vase and froze a glass of water.”

“I’ve never trained anyone before, and Siobhan’s methods were…well…I’m not sure if they’re suitable. I don’t want to hurt the girl, but I admit we may have to try and break her in. Do you have any suggestions?”

[member="Tempest"]

"Force training always involves a degree of breaking in. Certainly mentally," Kaida responded as she sat down. "If you're gentle with her, she won't learn. The Force produces strong emotion, that's what she'll have to learn to control. Location wise I'd suggest doing it out doors, in a forest perhaps. Seems like more of a natural environment for her and cryomancy gets messy easily."

Any time Kaida decided to let loose in a training room, it was probably a queen to clean up! "Training wise I'd suggest starting small. Get her to react and not so much think about using the Force. Make sure intentionally freeze say a puddle, a piece of wood or manipulate the water in a river on a small scale." Those were thoughts on cryomancy. When it came to telekinesis things were pretty obvious really.

Galina looked up, and watched as her mother pulled out the gift wrapped book, ribbon and all. She gave a small sad little smile as Siobhan passed her the book. "Thank you, mummy." She said politely.

She nodded again, a confirmation that she was hurt, and angry. Then she frowned severely, "No, do not hate you. You saved me, can't hate you. Angry though." The redhead said softly, as her mother patted her on her shoulder and turned away. Wasn't easy for her to say that, knowing it might hurt her mummy.

Still, for once Galina did want to be alone, so she said nothing more as Siobhan moved for the door. Her eyes fell to her book, as she slowly started to pull at at the ribbon to unwrap the Quantum Physics book she had been so badly wanting before this moment. Maybe it would distract her for a little while.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest nodded. “Alright, I’ll do that. I’m not one for philosophy, but I think I can make it work.”

She felt less confident than her words conveyed. She’d only recently embraced her own abilities, but it was the way to teach others, even if she didn’t have much she thought she could add.

She stood a bit awkwardly in the Spartan room, not sure what to do now. “I guess I should get going,” she said after a moment.

[member="Tempest"]

"Most of the time the pseudo-philosophical rambling just sounds silly anyway," Kaida commented sardonically. Along with all the yammering about 'using the Force', 'searching your feelings' and 'stretching out with your mind'. Seriously, who came up with this nonsense?

She gave Tempest a look. It did not escape her notice that Tempest did not seem that confident but...Kaida was not the pep talk sort. "You don't have to go right away, you know. You can spend some time here. Sure I can make things interesting." Not subtle at all, but then it seemed Storm could use some crochet.

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Galina's words did hurt her mother. Very deeply. But parenting could not just be shiny and happy. "I know, dear. I don't blame you. But I'm your mother. Sometimes I have to make you do things for your own good even if they pisss you off," she said sadly, blunt as usual, though unyielding.

Leaving Galina alone she walked out. She was not sure where Tegaea was, but then she was not in a mood for a chat, being in a rather foul mood. So she would end up heading out of the villa and eventually make her way towards the Firemane training grounds. Beating the hell out of a couple super battle droids sounded like a good idea right now. Shooting plenty of lightning was good as well. She would have done this in the basement, but she could not fully let loose with her wife and daughter in the house. Besides, she might blow up a wall.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest paused. Was Kaida offering what she thought she was offering?
“I…guess I could spare some time. I’m not starting the training until morning.”
She paused. Was it time for a ‘witty’ comment about ‘starting the training early?’ Tempest rejected that.
Instead she settled on a rather more lame line. “I…didn’t know you found me attractive like I find you,” she said a bit meekly.

This writer suspects Kaida’s author will get in only one more post before the descending curtain of PG-13 obscures all from the sight of the kiddies.

[member="Tempest"]

Kaida was not really one for 'witty' lines anyway. Well, her attempts at flirtation always sounded awkward and sort of silly, so she did not mind Tempest foregoing that chance.

However, Kaida smiled genuinely when Tempest called her attractive. It made a slight, pink hued flush appear across her cheeks. "I'll just have to show you how much. Contrary to what your boss thinks, I'm neither prude nor a...what was the term...nervous ninny," with that she pulled Tempest towards her and kissed her fiercely. Kaida might not have Siobhan's technique and be a bit clumsier, but she more than made of up for with enthusiasm. And, well, she was a good kisser.

Suffice to say, she would guide Tempest to the bed and rather aggressively push her down and...then the magical curtain of blackness would descend upon them.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

One intense…crochet…session later, the two lay in bed together, quilt strategically covering anything which would cause children to instantly become deviants.

“You might know ice well, but you know fire too,” Tempest said. She was Kerrigan’s apprentice, she couldn’t help the occasional corny line!

“But…I should get going. I’ve got a busy day tomorrow.” On the plus side, this made up for not catching up with the Eldorai girl at the range!

[member="Tempest"]

"Tempest, you have many endearing qualities, but your lines are terribly corny," Kaida said sardonically, though she did not seem to mind much. Oh, and, yes, everything about her that might upset the kiddies was strategically covered. No innocent minds would be corrupted!

She gave Tempest a nod though. "Same here. Call me if you need help. Or...other things." No, she clearly was not a nervous ninny at all. Just not obsessed with sleeping with every attractive woman she came across.

And then Galina was alone. She waited a few minutes after unwrapping her book, and took it with her as she headed upstairs to her own bedroom. With a heavy sigh she flopped on her bed. For a long while she flipped through it but couldn't really muster the energy to truly read through it. Franky put, she wasn't in the mood to take in the information at all. She was still angry, hurt and upset. Those feelings she just couldn't push away no matter what she did. And beneath it all was still the fear of what she was, and could do. Finally the girl gave up and slid beneath the covers burying her face in her pillow. Fortunately for her, this time it didn't take long before she fell asleep. Perhaps she could sleep off some of her emotions.

[member="Tempest"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"]

"Once you start down the path, forever it will dominate your destiny, consume you it will..." Words that were often quoted and depicted as holy writ, for they had been spoken by Yoda. Of course, the Jedi Order of his era, which in many ways had been moulded into a reflection of him, had hardly been a society of paragons. Still, the dark side was fundamentally corrupting. It would be colossal folly to assume that one would harness its power without falling prey to Nemesis catching up. At the same time it was a gross simplification to regard it as a malevolent demon that would pounce on naughty Jedi if they strayed, for such a view would mean an abdication of responsibility.

Still, there were risks. This was one of the reasons why Siobhan did not want to train her beloved daughter, [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], herself. Her daughter was not supposed to walk down the road she had, for it could easily be one to perdition. [member="Tempest"] had been trained by Siobhan, but was very much her own woman with her own approach. Perhaps not a natural teacher, but then neither had Siobhan been. Bottom line was, she trusted Tempest to do right by her daughter.

Thus after thoroughly exploiting the chance to cause all sorts of carnage on the Firemane training grounds, which would probably be a queen to clean up for whoever was unlucky to be landed with such an unsatisfactory gig, Siobhan had found her way into Mirien's room, lying on her bed. Coincidentally and perhaps rather adorably, she was wearing one of Mirien's t-shirts. With a soft sigh she reached out and picked up a rather dark looking data crystal. On paper it was as mundane as any other datacron, but it radiated with a sinister power as she held it between her fingers, her fingernails being perfectly manicured. Sheer darkness emanated from it, both repulsive and yet alluring.

It was Mirien's journal or rather part of it. An account of the vile, monstrous deeds she had perpetrated during her time as a Bando Gora Acolyte. Siobhan considered it a sign of trust, of the bond they shared, that Mirien had given it to her. Of her own accord, without needing any prodding.

Or maybe you're fooling yourself and you're just being drawn into the darkness? And into damnation. No, that was nonsense. Mirien had not 'turned' her to the dark side. Nor had their bond accomplished this. The truth was that Siobhan had been on the road a long time before the two met. Perhaps it had started when she first unleashed the power of the dark side during her duel with the Bando Gora Primarch. Perhaps when Shadow possessed her and drove her to madness, but the latter option sounded too much like she was trying to shift responsibility and that was not her.

My choices, my responsibility, my mistakes. Galina would learn from Tempest. Siobhan would probably have to...apologise to the Amazon for her rather gruff words. Of course, far as Siobhan was concerned she had been in the right, but the woman was still important to her. Hopefully Galina would come to understand why she needed training in controlling her abilities. These thoughts cast aside, Siobhan took a breath and plugged the crystal into her datapad, then she started to flip through the files it contained, realizing quickly that it was a small hoard of information of Mirien's early alchemy experiments. It was a grim, gruesome account steeped in blood and filled with glee at the suffering of others, delight at the dark power she was gaining. Part of her wanted to switch the device off and turn away, but she forced herself to read on. Why was she so intent on this? Because she felt she had to confront the woman Mirien had been, especially if she wanted to help her. She could not avert her eyes from the fact that the woman she cared for so deeply had once been a monster. Or maybe it was her own hunger for power driving her? A lust she was well-aware of and tried to channel in ways that did no harm. Or at least that was what she liked to tell herself.

Siobhan kept reading through the lengthy notes, for even as a Bando Gora Mirien had been well-organised and meticulous. There were descriptions of early medical experimentation with Bando Gora narcotics, detailed accounts of how slaves had suffered, mutated and often died...her successful creation of a True Reaver, then a very gory tale of her first encounter with mechu-deru. Siobhan shuddered as she read this account, unable to continue reading she looked away as she tried to centre herself. As if on automatism her mind flashed back to the day when she herself had been infected with the technovirus on Corellia. She had come so close to losing her will and her very identity, being turned into an abomination and even after being cured, some nanites had remained. It was only thanks to the tireless efforts of her beloved friend, [member="Coryth Elaris"], that they had been neutralised.

This Mirien, the one she had been, was someone Siobhan loathed inside and out. More to the point, she was someone Mirien loathed. Experimenting on living and innocent humans and aliens alike was wrong on so many levels. There could be no excuse for something this barbaric. But Mirien was different now. Not because she had suddenly woken up and randomly decided to turn a new leaf to ingratiate herself, but because she had genuinely turned her back on her evil self. She had made that choice on Gehenna. More importantly, it was a choice she was making every day.

Siobhan felt like putting the data crystal away when she finally looked at it again, but then stayed her hand when she found that the next chapter was about...Dark Repair. At least that was what she believed the elaborate script that heralded the start of it meant. Suddenly Siobhan found herself intrigued and focused upon it again, taking the 'pad into her hands. It was common wisdom to say that you could not heal if you were of the dark side, but that was not true. It was just not sustained healing the way Jedi healers practiced it. Nor was it healthy for your body in the long-term but it was possible. Rave Merrill had 'healed' Siobhan after her body had been all but broken in the first battle with Lotek'k, though the act of mending her bones and putting them back together had hurt as much as them being broken in the first place.

Healing with the Dark Side was extremely difficult and wrought with risks. Dark Repair could fix you well enough, but it was like stitches. It was about forcing structures back together, exacting your will to force your body to function. There was a risk of infection, and eventually you would need medical care. Still, in an emergency situation, in the thick of combat, it could be an asset, a temporary aid until you could get real treatment. Something to use when those of the light side, the ones who could really heal body and soul, were not available. And so Siobhan began reading, fingers tracing along the screen, making notes in the margins.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

So after that rather fun ‘tutorial’, Tempest left Kaida’s apartment and headed back. She had some actual work to do preparing her lessons. Her first student would also probably be one of her more difficult ones. She liked Galina a lot, and Siobhan even more, which made the pressure even greater.

And so the next morning she appeared at the villa and knocked, was shown in by one of the maids. Her presence would be announced to Siobhan and Tegaea, and to Galina as well.

[member="Tempest"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

And so the sun was rising, drawing Galina slowly out of the most fitful sleep she'd ever had. Sitting up in bed, she rubbed at her eyes and hoped against hope that all of yesterday was a dream. For the life of her, she wanted nothing to do with training. Control or otherwise was not what she wanted. The young woman wanted desperately to escape it all and never again have to deal with any of it. This was not the life she envisioned for herself.

She'd packed a small bag of her own, along with her bow and arrow. This bag, wasn't for an overnight trip. Not at all. The little redhead desperately wanting to avoid training, to avoid using the powers that she so loathed, and feared what they would make her. The bag was packed with the intention of running. After all, so far in her life it had been easier to run from her problems than to ever face then head on.

Her keen ears heard the knock downstairs and she knew now was her only chance to escape. Quietly she slipped down the back hall, trying to avoid going anywhere near the front of the house. Her entire plan hinged on getting to the back set of stairs and slipping out the backdoor unnoticed. So far, so good ... She'd avoided the prying eyes of the servants. If only she could get just a little further and make it to the backdoor. At last there would be freedom and no need to confront the curse that had been forced upon her.

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tempest"]

(Un)fortunately for Galina, running from the villa to the streetsand 'freedom' was a bit more difficult. True, she had avoidedthe prying eyes of the servant girls and successfully evaded them, but evading her mothers would be a bit more difficult.

Well, evading Siobhan at any rate, since Tegaea seems to have vanished again. Perhaps it was a sixth sense, perhaps something close to empathy, but on the way to the back door she would find Siobhan. Her mother did not look angry or enraged and indeed she made no move to say suddenly restrain Galina. Rather she looked...hurt and disappointed.

"I take it that bag is not for camping," she said sardonically as she approached her, though the humour fell flat. "You want to run...are you that afraid, of yourself...Tempest and me? You took on an entire island of beasts with nothing but improvised weapons when you were a kid, and now you're running," at that she took Galina's hand. "Running away won't make the Force leave you. Unless you want to accidentally hurt someone."

Galina jumped, a little startled to find her mother waiting near the back door. The young woman looked left, then right ... wanting there to be an escape route for her. One that didn't involve going through Siobhan. She sighed heavily as Siobhan took her head, "Not afraid of you, or Tempest." Tears were already welling up in her eyes, "Afraid of me." She finally admitted. "I just want it to go way. Don't want to deal with it. Had to face those animals. Had to or I would die. Don't have to face this." She said firmly as she attempted to pull away from Siobhan, and side step around her, hoping to make it to the back door. The young redhead was most determined to have her way.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom