Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Age of Iron (Siobhan)

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Tegaea had kept quiet during the discussion, but as they walked out into the corridor she looked at Siobhan.
“There’s more to it…but I think we should probably leave it be. It probably doesn’t matter much, and I wouldn’t want to lose Chesna as a friend. As for looking for the two missing ones…we don’t have anything to go on anyways.”

Tegaea was all for adventure, but not for its own sake, especially when they’d just discussed together how grim the galaxy looked….

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Her wife was being the voice of reason and Siobhan gave her a nod. Maybe motherhood had made her slightly more responsible and less argumentative. "Yeah, you're probably right. We don't exactly have the time or infinite resources to search for two needles in a galaxy-sized haystack. And we have problems closer to home to look deal with," she said, without making an attempt to argue the point as they headed down to the dining room.

After all, how likely was it that the two Paragons had founded an Eldorai civilisation on a world located on the other side of the Galaxy? The odds were totally negligible!

Little Galina had been in her room quietly engrossed in a book entitled 'Advanced Mathematics'. The great thing about math, it stays the same no matter the language. Math is math. Galina was simply trying to expand her knowledge of the galaxy as a whole and she clung dearly to math and physics simply because they came easily to her despite the language barrier. She didn't need to know all of Basic just to understand the math.

She'd missed out on the conversations with Chesna, Siobhan and Tegaea. Though in the scheme of things that conversation would have made very little sense to the young lady. Sighing softly, she flipped to the next page in her book as she started to scribble through the problems with relative ease. Who knew how useful the math would be in her life. She might even go into science and do something great! Or she just might learn enough to make sure she could take over the family business should something happen to her mothers. It would be interesting to see how she would turn out.

After a while, little Galina started to get bored with the math, and picked up another book, 'Advanced Physics'. She had been so eager to pick up knowledge, and spent most of her time in her room reading and studying everything she could get her paws on. If only Basic came as easily as math and physics did, all would be well for the young lady. Though her stomach growled loudly reminding her that she hadn't eaten in a while. Perhaps I should head downstairs and find something to eat. Thought to herself in her own language.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

As we all know however, million to one chances crop up 9 times out of 10.

Reassured that Siobhan wouldn’t be doing anything (too) silly, Tegaea took her hand and they walked down the hall.

On the way the encountered a wild Galina!

“Hey, sweetie! How did your studying go?” Tegaea said warmly. She tried her best with Galina but it always felt like somehow she was the stepmother intruding on Siobhan and Galina. It was daft of course, since they both had zero blood relation to the girl, but still….

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"She's taking after you, love. Soon she'll be a big smartypants," Siobhan said cheerfully, giving her daughter a smile. She knew her wife was trying with their daughter and really appreciated it, though she felt that there was a bit of a gap. Her wife was not supposed to feel like an intruder - all three of them were a family after all! Or at least that's what Siobhan wanted.

Perhaps she simply needed to give them more time alone to bond together. Maybe arrange a business trip somewhere. Or spend some with Mirien working on her alchemy so that her wife and daughter could interact without her presence.

As for intellectual pursuits, Siobhan was very happy about her girl's endeavours to educate herself...though she had the feeling that she would not understand most of what Galina was doing. Siobhan had neve received formal education as a child, most of her Jedi training had been about combat. Tegaea had come from the gutter like she had, but been forced to catch-up and expand her horizons by necessity once she became CEO of Omega Pyre and then Exarch. By now Siobhan had advanced a bit from her days as a simple grunt, but there was a reason why her wife called the shots. At most Siobhan read cheesy romance novels and sometimes books about military history, but not advanced physics. "Found something fun to read, Galina?" she asked sweetly.

Speaking of education and training, there was something she wanted to bring up with her wife. Perhaps her daughter as well.

Galina looked up grinning brightly as she set her book aside, coming up to offer Tegaea a hug first. "Hi mum, and mum." Speaking to both women in turn. "It was good," She spoke softly, "I was learning about light and op-tics in physics, and poly-nom-ial functions in math. It's fun!" Her Basic pronunciation was most definitely improving. It was just taking time for Galina to catch up. So far, she was doing extraordinarily well, considering she spoke next to no basic at all just a few months ago. She nodded to Siobhan, she certainly was taking after Tegaea, even if Galina didn't know this. Books, studying and her eagerness to learn was helping with her integration into normal society.

The young girl pointed to her book, "Ad-vanced Physics. I like it. Same form-ulas as Sigma nine-five-seven. Easier to pick up, than other things like lit-er-rature." It seemed just bigger words were the ones she got hung up on these days. And she was quicker to understand her parents words. Walking over after hugging Tegaea, she went to hug Siobhan, before stepping back looking between both women, a little unsure of herself. She might have gotten a decent handle on language but as for social protocols she was still a little unsure about things. When it was appreciate for a hug, to speak, those things were coming a little slower to her.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea smiled and took Galina’s hand reassuringly.
“Maths is fun,” Tegaea said. “Numbers were always easy for me…I could count things even when I was growing up. It’s all the fruity poems and novels which I had trouble with as well. ‘How did the author feel about this poem?’” Tegaea shrugged. “I didn’t know and I didn’t much care,” she added with a grin.

“Anyway, if you have any questions you can always come to us! I never did the advanced maths, but I know a few things.”

“So, are you hungry, Galina? Would you like me to cook you some lunch?”

Siobhan found herself facing an interesting dilemma. On the one hand she wanted to be supportive of her daughter's academic pursuits and show her appreciation. On the other hand she had no clue about the sciencey things she was talking about. What was the right parenting thing to do? It was important for her daughter to develop self-confidence. However, Siobhan was very happy about the fact that her wife and daughter had found something to bond about.

Well, strictly speaking there was something else on Sio's mind. She said mum! Yes, yes, don't get all mushy about it. Our little girl said mum. Oh, for Goddess' sake, stop being so damn mushy. Yeah, she's accepted you and Tegs as her mummies. Stop grinning like a fool. You're ruining our badass rep. The part your shoe obsession has not already ruined.

So for a few moments she just stood there, grinning like a fool and overcome with all sorts of mushy feelings before she noticed that Galina was hugging her and eagerly returned the embrace before releasing the girl. Her daughter. Such a sweet, smart girl. "That's great, Galina. I'm so proud of you. Tegs has always been good at maths. You'll be in good hands with her. She's the smart one," she said cheerfully when she finally decided to contribute to the conversation. "And she's a great cook," she shot her wife a most loving look. You're soooo whipped.

The young woman's smile brightened right back up as Tegaea took her hand. She squeezed it gently in return. A simple gesture that went a long way with her, helping her to bond with Tegs. Granted she probably just needed more time with the redhead to bond properly with her. It'd be easier now that she spoke basic and understood so much more than she did when she first came to the Villa. "That's a relief that I'm not the only one, who doesn't under-stand that fluff stuff. I still have trouble with Basic. It's still diffi-cult for me. Don't under-stand it all, yet. But math I get."

She nodded slowly, "I will mum, I promise."

Tegaea reminded her once more of her growling belly, "Yes, I'm starving, I forgot to eat breakfast. Was a little busy, with studying. Would love for you to make lunch."

She turned to Siobhan, looking so happy, "Thank you, I'm glad. I'm sure I'll go to her if I need anything with it."

Once more she looked back to Tegaea "So, lunch time? We go downstairs to the kitchen or dinning room now?"

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea led her daughter downstairs, with Siobhan presumably following behind.
“Yes, dear, come with me…you can help me cook!” Tegaea said.

It was something that Tegaea still enjoyed immensely. She’d always been something of a chef, and she still liked to cook at least a couple of times a week. Of course, it helped now that she had people do the boring stuff like chop up the vegetables and do the washing up, which meant that she could focus all her energies on creating delicacies for her family.

“What would you both like?” she asked, striding into the kitchen.

Siobhan was not good at cooking. Actually that was probably putting it mildly since she was terrible at it. This one doubts she would be much good at making herself useful in the household in general. Admittedly she had servants now, but then the Apocalypse had not erupted yet.

Anyhow, she obediently followed her wife, though not before giving Galina a look. It could be described as her lecturing look. "You shouldn't skip breakfast, dear. It's the most important meal of the day. Your big brain can't run if your body doesn't get its calories." It was probably the closest Siobhan came to an actual lecture.

Then they were in the kitchen. Truth be told, Tegs' cooking skills had been one of the reasons she had been able to sweep Siobhan off her feet and win her heart. Well...there had been other reasons as well, but if these were revealed the kiddies might be traumatised for life. You see, the mind of a little kid is a very fragile thing, though strangely enough it is never disturbed by scenes of horrific, brutal violence. Like the Galaxy suddenly being invaded by eldritch abominations who randomly abduct people, lay waste to entire planets and murder innocents. Or dark wizards torturing and mind raping people. That's totally family-friendly.

Silly kiddies should be in bed by now. Clearly their parents are irresponsible if they let them surf the internet without supervision, if they're so vulnerable. "Hmm. I'd like Dewback steak with some ogglata eggs and potatoes," Siobhan answered. This one thinks Galina's writer for providing them with a list of what people actually eat and drink in this Galaxy.

Galina nodded, feeling a little bad for skipping breakfast. "I am s-sorry. I did not mean to. I was hung up in my books, it just slipped past me." She admitted softly. Things like that just happened to her from time to time, getting caught up in the moment and forget about the world around her.

"Of course, I would love to mum." She said eagerly to Tegaea, more than happy to do her part in the kitchen. She followed right behind Tegaea and into the kitchen. This writer thinks that from now on, she will call Tegs mum and Sio mummy to differentiate between the two.

Her eyes turned to Siobhan as she listened to what she wanted first. Galina just wasn't sure what foods were called here. "The same would be great." It was just mostly because she had no idea what she wanted and knew many of the dishes she knew were not here in this region of space.

"How m-may I help?" The little redhead asked softly, wanting to get right in and help.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea smiled indulgently at her new daughter. “Of course you can! Here, put this apron on and we’ll get started!”

Siobhan might be a master of the Force, but Tegaea was master of the kitchen. She understood cookery and used her skills to create some fantastic things. It was one of the few times (in PG-13 activities anyway) where her true passion came out.

“So now we season the meat a little. There we go, just a pinch of Arkanian pepper,” she said, taking Galina’s hand gently to guide her with the sprinking.

“Now, we put it in the pan and let it go for a few minutes then…turn it.” She helped Galina turn the meat.

A beep sounded. “Potatoes are ready, so now we do the eggs quickly. Galina, love, be careful of the potatoes…use the oven mitts and take them to the table. I’ll bring the rest in a moment. You’ve done a great job!”

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Unsurprisingly, Siobhan was entirely useless in the kitchen. Well, actually she was probably useless in everything that did not involve sex or homicide. In all likelihood she also had an overinflated impression of how great her skills were in both areas. When she was not sulking about being inadequate because she wanted attention.

So she made herself somewhat useful by getting out glasses, plates and putting knives and forks on the dining table, after spreading the tablecloth and getting napkins. Fortunately she did not break any glasses or accidentally drop anything else, like one of the nice vases. Grrbyrr would be put in his pen and given food so that he did not suddenly try to eat their meal! That said, a thin, but genuine smile spread across her lips when she looked upon how chef Tegs was initiating their daughter into the world of cooking.

It was, from Siobhan's perspective, really, really cute and endearing. Both regarding Galina's bubbly enthusiasm and the caring Tegaea was showing. Rather than interfering or making commentary, she let them have their moments of bonding together. Tegaea was better at being motherly with their new daughter than the redhead gave herself credit for.

"You two are so adorable together," she said with loving affection when she suddenly got out a small camera. "Hey, look and smile," then she pressed the button and made a holopic, then another. A pic of just a simple, everyday moment in their domestic life. Simple moments that meant the world to her. Of the daughter she had not wanted but now could not imagine her life without and the wife she had never thought she would have. Both people she loved very dearly. She had never thought she'd have a family, but over the past weeks she had concluded that it was what she had craved deep-down. More than martial glory, fame, power, even the subjugation of all manlings and the total annihilation of all the Sith.

Galina grinned brightly as Tegaea encouraged her to help. Reaching out she happily put the apron on, tying it around her back. Carefully with Tegs guidance, she helped out as best she could to prepare the meal for all of them.

On cue from Siobhan, she turned to Siobhan smiling brightly for the camera with her mum Tegaea. "Thank you, Mummy." Spoken after the holopic was taken. A simple beautiful moment of normal domestic life between the girl's mother, saved for posterity. It was great for the young woman, feeling like she was getting closer to Tegs with such a normal family activity. With a few more pictures taken, Galina went back to work to help wrap things up in the kitchen.

With all the food ready, the redhead took off her apron and hung it on it's hook before she turned to grab the oven mitts. Slipping them on, she reached into the oven and removed the potatoes from it. With great care she set them upon the table, and took her seat to wait for Tegaea to come join them.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

As all people do in such cases, Tegaea posed, grinning for the picture. Picture taken, she went to make sure the eggs and meat were ready, and then took them to the table.
She smiled and took the mitts from Galina and then sat her down and got her a large serving of everything she'd made, then she served Siobhan, and finally herself.
"Well, here's to us," Tegaea said with genuine affection. She realised she had a tear in her eye and brushed it away before anyone could see it...she hoped. "I love you both so much," she finished. "Now get eating before it gets cold!" she said in a faux dominant voice.

Unfortunately for Tegaea, Siobhan had noticed the tear in her eye just before her wife brushed it away, though she no snarky comment. For her part, a tear would have appeared in Siobhan's eye at the beautiful sight before, but she could not cry at all. Her bionic eyes were highly advanced, but did not permit such a function. It was another thing that distanced her from humanity.

Her wife and daughter. Happy and together. It gave her something to hold on and protect, even as the entire Galaxy went to the crapper and darkness spread across its stars. In these dark days it was her family that kept her balanced. She had been contemplating...some rather unpleasant things, but she would not have been able to face Tegaea or Galina if she had done them. "I know. I love you too. Both of you so much," she said feelingly. Tegaea's faux dominant voice made her smile and give her wifey a wink.

Galina held a sweet smile on her lips as she watched Tegaea serve them each in turn. "I love both of you too. Both of you, make me so happy." It was a second chance, a second family that the young woman never dreamed would happen for her. The stars had shined in her favor when Siobhan and Tempest happened upon her. And Tegaea and Siobhan opened their family to her, accepted her as theirs. She'd missed the tear, but that was probably for the best since it would lead to her asking questions to understand it.

Though there were a few things the young lady wanted to talk about. First things first, she started to eat her food as she pondered through things. For her part, she wanted to open up to her new parents and let them in closer to her. "I..." She paused biting at her lip, " I have been want-ing to tell both of you about my past. About the things that hap-penned on Sigma." It almost felt like she might be ruining a tender, loving family moment by talking about such things. For her past was far from a walk in the part. The little redhead had been through hell and back twice over by this point in her life. It still felt like the right thing to do, to share her past with her family. "If that's okay?" Asked softly as she cut at her steak for her next bite, "Or is that not appropriate for dinner table?" Still a little uncertain of the social norms in this kind of situation.

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea glanced across at Siobhan. She wasn’t sure if this was the best setting for this but then…why not?
She took a breath. “If you want, Galina, I don’t want you to do anything which upsets you.”

She did eat a bit more though, pragmatic as always. If this was going to be a heartfelt family moment she at least wanted to be well fed!

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

It was probably not the best setting for a conversation like this, but Siobhan did not care. She could imagine how hard this must be for her daughter. They had not spoken about her past, but Siobhan had an inkling that Sigma had...not been pleasant. After all, the girl's parents had been refugees and it was located somewhere in wild space.

So if her daughter wanted to talk about it, she would listen. "There's 'no 'appropriate'. If you want to talk about it now, then now's the time. I've been wanting to hear about your past...but I didn't want to push or upset you," she said in a gentle tone, briefly reaching out to give Galina's hand a squeeze. Then she cut at her steak and swallowed a bit more of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom