Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Age of Iron (Siobhan)

Galina looked between the two of them, frowning a little as she bit nervously at her lip. She wasn't even sure where to start exactly, or how to explain her past in full. "I ... I want to, I just couldn't speak enough basic to tell you both, until now." That had been one of the main reasons she held back on explaining her past until then. Taking her time, and speaking slowly now, she knew she could manage it.

"Sigma, old world." The young redhead scratched at her head for a moment to think of the best way to explain. "Has been trapped in a civil war since anyone can remember. Cen-turies and cen-turies long."

"A fight between Mages and all of those who oppose them. I guess they are a bit like the S-sith in the stories you've told me before bed, mummy. The Mages obsessed with their sorcery and their search for know-ledge to enslave the rest of the people. As no one but those who have the magical powers have any right to the throne. Or so they believe."

"Ca-sualties were very high, and no one remain untouched by vio-lence for long. My older brother and sister were gone before I was even old enough to remember them, to know them. I was seven, the first time I had to run from Mage supporters, shooting up an open market." Her hand reached up, touching lightly upon a scar on her shoulder. One that still irritated her to this day, "Was hurt in that, just a graze though. The wea-pons are prim-i-tive on Sigma, I guess that long fighting and you start to run out of things to shoot people with."

With her fork she pushed around the food on her plate a little, thinking for a moment before she went on, "Three years later I was taken and forced into the Rebel army. There wasn't much of a choice in the matter, and I was far from the only child taken like that. Children were expendable, and I wasn't any different from anyone else. My biological parents only desire was to have me live. Somehow, someway they were going to see it done."

Nervously she ran a hand through her hair, painful memories starting to surface whether she liked it or not. "My parents spent a few months doing what they could to find out where I was, and get together the f-funds needed for a ship to run the planet-tary block-ade. Then one night near the f-front lines my parents came and took me away." Hinting that the little redhead had in fact seen combat, and battle at such a tender age. "I'm not sure how they managed it, but they did. They took me to the ship they had acqu-ired, and managed to barely get past the block-ade in the end. The ship was damaged but we made it into hyperspace."

Galina sighed sadly, "That is how we ended up here I guess. Nav system or hyper-drive must have been damaged in the escape, or never really were that great to begin with. Tech-nol-ogy is sorely lacking on Sigma and has been for a long, long time. So one or the other, or both is what caused the crash here. My parents didn't make it, obviously. Some-how I did, and I'm not sure exactly how or why. It doesn't make much sense to me. I just felt an urge to move a little bit before impact. I switched seats. A bad feeling I guess." But it wasn't that. It was an early manifestation of her force sensitivity, keeping her out of harm's way.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

The doleful tale surprised Tegaea. She knew that Galina had fled something, but had not expected mages, civil war, child soldiers, anarchy and death. It was all just a little close to her own experience to ignore.

Tegaea stood and came over to Galina, stroking her hair gently.
“Thank you for telling us, dear. I’m sorry that you had to go through that, but we both understand, we both had similar experiences. I grew up in the under levels of Coruscant, where gang wars and fighting for resources was everywhere. I had to fight to survive, and I lost my parents too when I was young.” Because of my weasel of an uncle, she thought bitterly.
“I had to become a soldier, fight my way out. We understand what it’s like.”

It possibly wasn’t the best way to approach this, as it was making it as much about all of them as Galina, but Tegaea wanted to emphasise that her adoptive parents knew and could relate. Besides, Tegaea hated when people coddled her with sympathy, so she assumed others did too. So rather she hugged Galina, kneeling down beside her, and letting the girl cry if she wanted.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

It was a grim tale of suffering and destroyed innocence. Power-hungry mages, civil war, child soldiers, death and more death...it hit far too clsoe to home. If Siobhan had been capable of crying, tears would have appeared in her eyes when she heard the terrible life her adopted daughter had been through. Of course, she had expected that her life had far from sugar and roses, but imagining it and actually hearing abou were two different things.

However, Siobhan was incapable of crying. Not due to nerves of steel or some nonsense like that, but plain and simply because her mechanical eyes would not allow it. They had not been designed with such a function in mind. Tegaea took the initiative though and spoke up. "You went through hell, Galina. I'm so sorry. About what you had to endure, what happened to your parents. You're such a brave girl. No child deserves to go through that," she said feelingly. Likewise she felt a strong urge to tear those mages apart. As a matter of fact those Rebels as well. As Siobhan knew, war was hell, no matter how much fancy rhetoric one might use. It did not change the way she felt though.

Deep-down, part of Siobhan could not help fear whether her own powers might...unnerve Galina. Or remind her too much about the devastation force-users had unleashed upon Sigma. "I...don't want to make this about Tegs and me...Galina. I grew up in poverty on a rim planet far away from civilisation. Family was poor, I had to work in a factory, learn from early on to fight to survive. Got my Then the Sith came and my sister died fighting them. I ended up a slave and eventually found my way to Nar Shaddaa, a gang infested slumhole. I had to join one of them to survive. Adril saved my life. So what I want to say is...we understand what it's like to have no control, to have to fight every step of the way to survive," she likewise pulled their daughter into a loving hug.

Galina's gaze shifted, looking to Tegaea as the woman came over. Sniffling softly as Tegs stroked her hair, trying to fight back the urge to cry. She didn't like to cry over things that seemed so far away from her. She was stronger than that, or at least that's what she told herself.

"Makes me, feel better to know I not alone in this." Whispering quietly, as she vainly wiped away the first few tears that had managed to slip down her cheeks. Parents that understood, Galina couldn't have asked for more in that. She wrapped her arms tightly around Tegaea as she rested her head against the redhead's shoulder, sniffling a few more times as she sought comfort from her mum.

Pulling away, she tearfully turned, listening to Siobhan. Though she'd taken Tegaea's hand in hers, squeezing tightly against it. Just the simple comfort of being close to her adoptive parents, made her burden a little easier to bear. Listening to Siobhan's tale, it too helped.

"Thank you, both of you mummies, thank you." She whispered as she pulled them both close to her, just wanting to be held in that moment more than anything else. It was like a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders just being able to tell them for the first time.

"It still hurts. Still dream about it. Never cried about it before." She spoke softly as she started to sob quietly. It was the first time she'd be able to really do so, since all of it had happened to her. There'd never been time for her to stop and let it out, how she felt and actually mourn her losses in all of the years.

The young girls tears grew a little louder, and she didn't for a second let go of either of her mothers, needing them both right then. It seemed to be a flood of pain the the little redhead truly needed to get out, and let go of. Now had just been the first time she truly could.

As she seemed to reach the peak of her pain and her tears, a vase shattered suddenly in the corner of the dinning room. Galina could only shriek in reaction to the noise as the shattered glass fell to the floor. "What was that?" She shook her head confused. Glancing from what was left of the vase, to her parents and back again trying to put together what had just happened. The young girl trembling as fear started to take over, vaguely recalling events like that happened around young Mage children. But she wasn't one of them, was she?

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

The emotional and heartfelt moment was suddenly broken by the explosion of the vase. At first Tegaea thought either that Grrbyrr’s quest for food had led him to mischief, or they were under attack. However, she soon realised neither were the case.
Her eyes looked back to Galina, to Siobhan. She knew it wasn’t her…she was as Force sensitive as a plank. Likewise she knew it wasn’t Siobhan because her wife had very considerable control over her abilities. Therefore….

She looked at Siobhan. This added new layers of potential fun into matters…it seemed like their new daughter was Force sensitive!

One can only imagine she felt like Han Solo must have at these revelations of Force sensitive children. It would make growing up more difficult, though fortunately they’d adopted their daughter when she was adult aged, which helped.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"], [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

BANG

Amidst the loud noise a vase shattered and the glass fell to the floor. Siobhan felt the ripples resonate throughout the Force as the explosion happened. The sudden, uncontrolled outburst of the Force led her to...oh, no, it could not be, her daughter.

Their adopted daughter was force-sensitive. Darn. She had not noticed a thing. At this stage it might be asked why Siobhan had not seen this sooner. After all, she was a Force Master and though she had never excelled at abilities related to senses, one might presume that she ought to have sensed something about Galina. Perhaps it was because she had been wilfully blind to the truth because she had really wanted Galina to have a normal life. As much as she could have a normal life after all she had been through and given who she lived with.

Various thoughts ran through her mind as she and Tegaea looked at each other. Galina would have to be trained...wait, would the girl even want to be trained after all the suffering she had experienced at the hand of mages? Well, having the Force would make her a target for Sith and Dark Jedi...so she would need to be able to control her abilities. But who would train her? Siobhan was probably...the most ill-suited for that. Galina should not end up walking the same road as she.

However, then these thoughts were pushed out of the metaphorical airlock. What mattered now was that her daughter needed her. Siobhan had abruptly let go of Galina when she heard the explosion, but now she pulled the frightened girl into a bear hug, refusing to let go of her. "It's ok, sweetie. Mummy's here, we love you," she said feelingly, raising one hand to gently wipe some of Galina's tears away as she pulled her daughter against her.

She took a deep breath before she spoke up again. "It appears you have...special powers...like Tempest and me." She deliberately used that comparison instead of mentioning the Mages of Sigma.

For a moment the redhead couldn't breathe as she glanced between her adoptive parents, the panic so clear in her eyes. Painfully reality was crashing in upon her, no escaping the fact that she wasn't the normal girl she thought herself to be. Making matters worse that she was a Mage, or at least held the same power that her brother and sister had died for, that her parents desperately wanted to protect her from.

"No." Galina managed to whimper as she tried to pull free from Siobhan. "Not okay." The girl shook her head furiously, "Not okay." The last thing she wanted was to stay in the dinning room, where all of that had just happened. Where glass still upon the floor stood to remind her of what she'd done, of what she was.

"Don't want this." The little redhead managed to speak before she gave up on trying to get free from her mummy. Choking back a sob, she buried her head into Siobhan's shoulder and finally settled a little, allowing herself to cry. "Dream? Please... Tell me it's dream." The young woman wanted no part of what had happened. These powers, abilities were not something she'd ever wanted. If anything they terrified her, completely and absolutely.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One

Tegaea couldn’t blame Galina for being anxious and skittish. If she was honest, she wasn’t sure how she’d cope if she suddenly discovered Force powers of her own…probably in the same way as her new daughter!
So, she looked to Siobhan a little helplessly. What did one do in this situation? She considered calling for Chesna, but was it right to have the probable demi-goddess suppress her daughter’s fears and emotions whenever they got too much? She was not okay with that, it smacked of brainwashing.

She stood and put a gentle arm around Galina’s shoulders. “Let’s go somewhere else, Galina. I think you should have a chat with Auntie Tempest…she had a very painful revelation just like you.”

She attempted to lead the pair out of the room and into somewhere else where they’d not be reminded of the broken glass.
One of the maids was thoughtfully starting to sweep up the glass as quietly as possible.

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

This one thinks Tegaea with force powers would be hot. Literally, since she'd have fire powers! And use Dark Phoenix gifs. Oh, wait, this one has already claimed all of them for Sio because seriously, it's the same skill set. Just look at her ridiculously overpowered telekinesis and penchant for randomly flying around.

For her part Siobhan was confused, very worried and upset. Truth be told, she did not really know how to deal with this revelation and Galina's reaction. It hurt that her daughter struggled against her when she tried to hug her, though deep-down she understood why she was reacting that way. Siobhan had reacted with fear when Adril told her she could use the Force, but that feeling had soon vanished and been replaced by a sense of empowerment. Her powers had given her a self-confidence she had not possessed before and a chance to get revenge on the Sith.

And so she reluctantly withdrew from Galina. "I'm sorry, Galina. We will help you through this. Auntie Tempest will come over," she said softly as she got up, though not before giving Galina a compassionate look. "You're not like the Mages from Sigma, dear. Don't ever think that, please." The three would end up in one of the many shiny rooms that did not have broken glass in it and Galina would be led to a comfortable couch.

Galina reaching up, trying to wipe away a few of her tears that were still falling. Feeling Tegaea's arm around her, the redhead reached out quickly and pulled herself tightly against Tegs, seeking comfort while she tried to make sense of it.

The young woman nodded to Siobhan, not sure really what she could say in reply. Nothing really made a whole lot of sense to her in that moment. She certainly felt like one of the Mages of Sigma. Finally she came to the couch in the other room, and slowly sat down. Soon enough she'd drawn her knees up to her chest and rested her forehead against her knees, still crying though much more quietly at this point.

"Don't know what to do. Don't like this." The redhead muttered quietly while she cried on her spot on the couch. It felt slightly safer in the position she was in, where she could hide from everything.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"]

Tegaea gently disentangled herself from Galina and headed into the next room. Her hand went to her communicator.
"Hey, Tempest, can you talk? Yeah, sorry to bother you on your day off, but I really need your help...no, not the bookclub, this is serious! Look, Galina can use the Force, she's really scared...can you come by and see her? Yes, I know, I'm sorry...you can have the rest of the week off if you can help her. Yes, yes, thank you. I'll see you soon."
She cut the call and sighed in relief.

"Tempest will be here soon," she told the others. Sitting beside Galina she held the girl, but didn't say anything. She just wanted her daughter to know she was there.

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"That's good. Thanks love,," Siobhan spoke quietly to her wife, having sat down next to Galina while Tegaea made the call. There were so many things she wanted to say. Well, as a matter of fact she would say anything to make her daughter feel better and smile again...but in this moment she felt like she had failed.

Her little girl was sitting there, crying and suffering, apparently inconsolable as she sobbed, and Siobhan had no idea about how to help her. Perhaps it was because the gap in perception was too big at present. It was true that Siobhan had been through very traumatic experiences by the time she learned she had the Force and the revelation had been scary, but her powers had meant empowerment.

Now her little girl was scared beyond belief after learning that she had the same power as the Mages who had brought so much suffering to her homeworld, and Siobhan did not know how to help. It made her feel like she had failed as a mother. So needless to say she took it hard, for she had wanted to devote herself to keeping her family safe and happy and being a good mother Galina could be proud of. She took a deep breath and held Galina, saying nothing, though she tried to offer her what warmth she could.

Galina sighed between sobs as she remained curled up upon the couch. Her mind racing with hundreds of thoughts, entirely uncertain of what the future was going to hold for her now. It also complicated her past terribly. She was everything her own family had fought against. Who they have even cared to save her, if they had known she was a Mage? She doubted it. And even with Siobhan having such powers, she worried very much that Tegaea and Siobhan might not want to keep her given her new talents.

She nodded slowly as Tegaea spoke, but did not lift her head. It just felt safer to her, bundled up where she didn't have to deal with the world right then. Between Tegaea and Siobhan, both women holding her made the young woman feel moderately safer, a little more comfortable but it still didn't take away the fear and pain she felt at the revelation that she could indeed use the force.

This writer likes writing cameos. Even when they have little to do with the thread topic at hand. Well, actually this one sort of has. Yes, honest! See, poor [member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"] would turn out to be a hydromancer. So it seems fitting to this writer to write a post about our favourite cryomancer was doing! Seems legit? Well, this one thinks so. Anyhow, on with the plot. While Galina was facing the earth-shattering revelation that she was a 'Mage' and wielded the same powers as those who had caused so much suffering on her homeworld, Kaida was...not icing people for a change. Or conjuring up icestorms. Surprising? Yes, most certainly, this one agrees.

Instead she was at present in a room located in the medical wing of the Angelii barracks at the grand Citadel that served as their headquarters. For a change, it was not because she had been injured in combat or because she had pushed herself too hard during training, like she so often did. No, she was sitting at the bedside of a wounded Angelii who, ironically, had been injured during training. Such things were common, but, as Kaida well knew and often said herself, any bruise or broken rib suffered during a training session might mean one less limb lost during actual combat. For in battle there were no do-overs, no second chances if you frakked things up the first time around. Not in this world anyway.

Likewise, she had no trust in the Goddess' angels suddenly swooping down to save you. The wounded Angelii was in a bad way and looked sleepy. Several rather nasty burns from being struck with fireballs and from electrical shocks whilst practicing defensive techniques and a broken nose. Not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, but things could be worse. She held a cloth against the woman's nose, then applied gauze as she focused and harnessed her Sciia as she drew upon her power to ease the woman's pain and induce a state of calmness.

Concentration was etched over her features as she applied herself and focused her power upon the woman. Healing was something that was still difficult for her, for she had recently started learning the art under the tutelage of the - terribly trollish - Priestess Eileithya Saedaris. Kaida had been sceptical at first and frankly still found the woman bloody annoying. Ironically, this was less because Eileithya was a devout believer in the Goddess, and more because the woman kept hitting on her! That said...she was kind of cute. No, wait, so not going there!

With that particular train of thought demolished and chucked into a metaphorical black hole, Kaida focused and concentrated upon the task before. Eileithya had shown her the basics of applying the Art of the Small. Broadly it meant reducing your focus until it had shrunk down to the smallest cellular level and starting the healing process there. Contrary to popular belief, Force healing was not a magic wand that you could wave to instantly regenerate even the most grievous injuries, though it is often portrayed that way in video games and holomovies. No, what healing meant was that you drew upon the energies of the Force to accelerate the natural healing process and eased the pain of a patient. There were a select few healers who could indeed accomplish miracles and bring someone back from the brink of death if the Force was with them. One of them was [member="Coryth Elaris"], a woman Eileithya seemed to respect very highly.

Healers of such a calibre could even cure the effects of alchemised biotoxins such as Sith Poison, with enough effort, energy and concentration. Kaida would never be one of them, however. Every Master of the Force faced a choice between 'throwing stones' and 'reading ripples', or, as Luke Skywalker put it, between 'hearing a whisper' and 'shouting all the time'. Put simply, there was a massive tradeoff between power and sensitivity. Kaida was a shouter and rock-chucker and had focused virtually all her training into mystering cryomancy and hydromancy. Her other abilities had suffered accordingly and though new things could be learned, this was not a bridge that could be crossed twice.

That said, she could learn and apply the basics of healing. And so she drew firmly upon the tangled web of the Force. Then, taking a deep breath, she willed its energies to flow into and through her battle sister, drawing upon her own source of power as she started to shift shattered bones back into place and worked to mend them on the cellular level. The concentration required was immense, but she persevered and soldiered on, so immersed in the Force that she was oblivious to anything else going on. As she did so, a light blue glow appeared on her hand as she called upon the Force to induce regeneration. Slowly, very slowly, the broken bones were shifted back into place and healed, then very slowly the burns would recede and finally fade, leaving scars.

Kaida took a breath, wiping away some sweat from her forehead and brushing away some sweat-matted, stray blonde locks, feeling rather tired if she were honest with herself. It was probably a good thing that she was already sitting for otherwise she would have struggled to maintain her balance. For a while at least the patient would feel a bit numb. She would probably also be quite sore and thus advised not to push herself, since the healing process was very fragile and delicate.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest was having fun. She was at the Firemane gun range, trying out a new iteration of the Mk3 Bolter. The weapon was magnificent, but not as magnificent as the young armoury sergeant who was helping her out. Tempest definitely wanted to get a personal inspection done there very soon!
However, at that moment, her commlink buzzed. Sighing, she saw who it was.
"Hi, Tegs, I'm kind of busy, but OK. Look, if this is about the bookclub.... Oh, OK. She can...just started? Well, I am kind of on leave and...oh alright. I'll be there as soon as I can."

Sighing, she cut the link. "I'm sorry, Sergeant, another duty calls. I'll be back tomorrow to finish my...inspection."
The Eldorai girl smiled. "I'll be waiting, Lieutenant...."

And so off Tempest went, heading to the villa. Her annoyance at being dragged into family issues was tempered only by the fact that Galina, her sort of pseudo-sister, was in distress.

[member="Galina Kerrigan-Alcori"], [member="Tempest"]

Siobhan would be there when Tempest arrived. Looking concerned and feeling emo as usual. Doubtless beating herself about failing as a mother and stuff. This writer could deliver elaborate descriptions on that, but they aren't feeling particularly charitable to her at the moment. Nor do they like her much in general. Perhaps Darth Shadow could force drain her soon.

Anyhow Tempest would be guided into the villa and find Siobhan, who was looking anxious and such. "Thanks for coming, Tempest. I know this your free day, but it's important. Galina has...force powers - she accidentally destroyed a vas when she was telling us about her past. About how her homeworld was torn apart in a civil war between Sith-like Mages and Rebels and how she was child soldier. She's...not taking the revelation that she's a 'Mage' well and won't let me talk to her. I don't know what to do," Siobhan said, and then filled Tempest in on what exactly had happened.

Galina had just nearly managed to stop her tears, as the girl grew quieter. Hearing Siobhan talking, clearly with Tempest. the small redhead final lifted her head looking quite the mess. Tears still stained her cheeks, her eyes bright and red from such. The poor thing looked entirely lost, uncertain, confused and utterly afraid. She didn't have the words to speak, this whole situation was a little beyond her skills.The Mages had done terrible things and the only thought she held on to was she'd never let herself get that way. It wasn't going to happen to her. The girl just didn't have a clue where to start, or what would make it better. Inside she felt herself falling apart for the first time that she could actually recall. This one time she had no idea where to even start.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Tempest"]

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest nodded to Siobhan. She remembered her first time on Dahomey. Except there she hadn't just broken vases....

Sitting down beside Galina on the couch she looked over at the distraught girl. Finally, she spoke.
"So...rough day, huh Galina?" she asked casually. "So, you're one of us now, someone with great and terrible powers. Like me. Like Siobhan. You don't think we're as bad as your people back on Sigma, do you?"

[member="Tempest"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

The young firemane nodded slowly, "Yes." Reaching up she brush the stray strands of hair from her face and scooted a little closer to Tempest. "Told mums about ... Sigma. Everything." Well almost everything, she did after all leave a few details out. "Broke vase." Keeping her words short for the time being.

Then, she paused and thought about the question. "No. You both saved me. Sigma, they just didn't care. Killed everyone in way. Would have let me die, or killed me." She finally answered rathered flatly as she hugged her knees to her chest. "You and mum aren't like that."

"I don't want this. Don't want to be like them." More than anything, that was the fear that she'd become like the Mages of Sigma .. Blood and power thirsty monsters.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

Tempest listened to the girl as patiently as she could. Girl. Hell, Tempest was only a few years older, yet she felt like she had twenty years of experience and maturity on Galina.

So you broke a vase? They’re 19.99 at the local Liorre’s Superstore. I learned I was a Force user when I was being raped after having been beaten half to death. I didn’t break a vase, I broke people.

That would be unfair to say though. This wasn’t a pity party, and people didn’t win prizes for having a more traumatic past.

“Then be like me and Siobhan, not like them. You don’t always get to choose what happens to you. You do get to choose how you’ll react. Siobhan and I aren’t like those mages, and nor are you. If you learn to control your powers and learn how to use them responsibly you’ll be like us, not like them. And yeah, it’s not easy. I have this thing in me which lots of people don’t. It doesn’t make me special. Half the days I consider it a curse rather than a blessing, but I don’t forget who I am or what I want from myself.”

She patted Galina on the shoulder. “I’ll teach you if you want. We’ve got to look out for each other. You’re like the sister I never had. I’m going to keep you safe, and I’ll do what I can to make you like your mothers…in some ways anyway!” she added with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom